It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 am

Doing Unto Others... The Golden Rule 
Site Admin

Post Doing Unto Others... The Golden Rule
This was posted at Boomers Forum by harrdrawk and brought here as a reminder of the Golden Rule....

Original Post posted Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:36 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Golden Thread Rulers,

I see that this part of the site is experiencing low-to-no traffic, but it is a subject of interset to me. The Golden Rule is easy to understand, but ironically is not so easy to "do"

The Golden motto is actually a commandment to the Christian world, found in only two verses in the New Testament that basically say we should "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

And Luke with a little different wording still:

Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

You will note that this Golden Rule is not to "Do unto others as they do unto you..." that would be "revenge" and taking out revenge will not produce the same desired results. Neither does the Rule say to "Do unto others as you think they would like you to do unto them", because obviously you might still make a big mistake, especially if you don't know them. The US has a bad habit of "Doing unto other peoples as we think is best for Others" which you can see has brought little peace. The Golden Rule, that I'm pretty sure is practiced on every planet that sustains life is simply "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you": I have noticed that if a person can actually think about these two laws, and incorporate them in one's thoughts and "deeds", some pretty wonderful things happen. For one thing, a person will learn everything he/she needs to know about he/herself. If you are capable of treating others in a way that you would not want to be treated, then you will notice that you lose your balance quickly. (that is if you are in balance to begin with, which by the way can only be accomplished by living the Golden Rule)

This rule is one of two main Laws taught in every religion and culture to promote happiness. The other is sometimes called the Royal law:

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to scripture; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well.

Myself, I'm not a deeply religious person, in fact I shy completely away from organized religion and am generally leery of religious or military minded people. However, I have noticed that these two cool sorta mottos, are words to live by; Loving our enemies as if they really weren't, and Doing unto others as we would have others do unto us replaces all need for rituals, and ordenances, and scripture study (how ironic huh?)

What to do if a person does unto you as you don't want them to? I think of Chief Seattle who shook his head on the way to the reservation...

Turn the cheek, forgive, forget, get back to loving your stupid brother who knows not what he does.

Sometimes, like Abel did for Cain, ya just gotta let him be himself to whatever end. It's also been said that a man hath no greater love, than he lay down his life for a friend. Did Abel love Cain? Like a brother. Did Cain find his happiness in thumping Golden Boy? Nope. But he did learn a valueable lesson about Doing Unto Others he would have liked to learn some other way.

The Golden Rule rawks.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:41 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post GR restated by an Anarchist
Do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anarchist

The following is the help file in MS Word 07 for the above, highlight word, right click on “LOOKUP”.

an ar chist
1. Supporter of anarchism
Somebody who rejects the need for a system of government in society and proposes its abolition

2. Lawless person
Somebody who tries to overthrow a society’s formal system of government or behaves in a generally lawless manner and encourages others to do the same.
(disapproving)
Excepting my typos, the above is .”sic” for capitalization and punctuation.

End quote.

The above is a rather blatant example of a dictionary being spun to completely mischaracterize a concept that is threatening to “government”.
Government is the most highly organized crime.
When governments speak of “lawlessness” and accuse anarchists of such a point of view, its self serving lie is exposed. Governments do not operate on law, but on statute and public policy. Bankrupt nations have no law, only “public policy”.1

My anarchy is very different than the above described by Bill’s minions.
I do not want to be a part of any social organization against my will. Law---the law that is inherent in the mind of man, and is the source of black letter law---demands that anyone shall do as he choose; so long he harm no one.

Government does nothing in relation to the inhabitants of any land but take their resources, impose self-serving control, and send the people into murderous adventures that enrich the very few controlling elite at the expense of everyone else.

Marc Stevens has well described the source of government authority: Not one of use has the right to impose his will on another. So how, when a group of us gets together and calls it self a “Legislature” or “STATE” or “Executive Branch, Congress, etc, ---does the group magically acquire a power than any of them inherently possesses?
They cannot, except by force.
The theory of government is that we give “it” our support and allegiance, and it gives us “protection”.
That is a public relations lie. Every court case addressing the issue for the last 150 years has said,
“Government has no duty to protect”. If that is lacking, the social contract becomes null.
Marc says, “Government is a business forcing you to do business with it at the point of a gun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is “hideous intelligence” a good description of whatever is controlling this planet, and possibly lot of parsecs in our neighborhood.

Democracy is the pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
H.L. Menckin

1. The Secretary of the Treasury of the United States is actually the receiver in bankruptcy to the World Bank/Fund. He is paid by the UN, and not the United States.

Douglas Adams

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:21 pm
GT Truther

Government... Yes... from the Latin gubernare' to control and Mente' Mind. To control minds or something to this effect. Understanding that the next war will be a psychic war, we have been outpaced by those who seek power of the mind and flesh. Not to fear we are given power in the time appointed... A spiritual power which will overcome all others.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. 19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. (KJV)

We know that the end is near because it has all been foretold.

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (KJV)

The golden rule is darkened by those who enslave others and impose their will upon the little ones whose only wish is to take. Those who give are those who embrace the golden rule. Giving of yourself and caring for all GOD's children is essence of truth. Few see this because they have taken another path. Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few there be that find it.

The Truth... Is for those who are bold enough to learn it, knowledgeable enough to accept it, stand not in judgment of it and are not predisposed to add
boundaries to it..

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 pm
GT Truther

The golden rule is darkened by those who enslave others and impose their will upon the little ones whose only wish is to take. Those who give are those who embrace the golden rule. Giving of yourself and caring for all GOD's children is essence of truth. Few see this because they have taken another path. Strait is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few there be that find it.

Uncle John here: God bless you Phatman. Help us in following the golden rule.

Thanks.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

We are so close. So close to living what the great prophets foretold. Imagine this..

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: (KJV)

In these days, will the also be great divisions. Divisions which those who are not of spirit seeing, will not see, hearing, will neither hear. The teacher said that even though we have been giving these gifts we can not use them against our brothers. We, however, must use them against evil. To bind evil and put it under foot. We are given to a greater task, a task with many perils. So we learn humility through suffering and are lifted up to life. We are to love our earthly lives less than our spiritual path. It may seem that evil has the upper hand and for a brief moment, in the grand scheme of things, it will only be for a short time. Then all will be revealed.

I believe that unless GOD has blessed you with suffering of one type or another that we are unable to unmask and bind the ego and our shadow selves and become a being of light. When you have surrendered.. completely to the higher power, Christ, and submitted oneself humble, reborn from above, are we then able to be truly blessed.

Luke 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. (KJV)

This "light" is from the Greek word Luchnos which is figuratively a lamp. The "eye" from Ophthalmos or vision or sight. The words "full of light" from Photinos which means to shine or to be lustrous. Now we can read..

The lamp within the body is your sight: therefore when your sight is single thy whole body will shine. There will be those who see you and they will see you as you are. Those in darkness will also see you as you are. The Master gave us another great teaching. To understand it we must first understand the Luke 11:34 passage. If we go to Mathew 25 we are given the parable of the 10 virgins. The key is the oil in the Greek Elaion which is transliterated from the Hebrew El ah Yah. The oil is the symbol of divine truth. NOW.. we know how to make our light / lamp single. The enlightenment which so many seek has always been within and suppressed. We all make choices. Choices which affect whether our light is single. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, yes. But shine forth as a beacon that no ship will ever be ground up by the rocks that are ahead and behind.

The Truth... Is for those who are bold enough to learn it, knowledgeable enough to accept it, stand not in judgment of it and are not predisposed to add
boundaries to it..

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Truth Seeker

Post thank you
first I would like to say that it is wonderful to have your set of expert minds and opinions here with us.

next I would like to ask a question:

is the weight/density of p52 gray's lighter than the p45 gray's?

if so does it have to do with decreased atmospheric pressure in the environment of p52 grays?

next I would like to make a series of statements statements:
I believe in reincarnation.
I recall many past lives -- or at least have memories generated by different host bodies.
I clairvoyantly access akashic records in the form of conversations with entities.

while experiencing the thoughts of a small gray I remember thinking "if you're not born a royal you're never going to be a royal" I'm assuming they were referring to the taller grays.

I believe in the upcoming cataclysm of "timeline 2" while we with you might perhaps delay it past 2012.

A future host body little nordic girl sits on a hill top 240 years into the future and watches the fog play over the landscape, in her world it is rare to catch a glimpse of the blue sky, many have died but that is long ago -- pale skin and blue eyes being an environmental adaptation to the geophysical darkness due to cloudiness.

this particular girl is semi android and is communicating with satellites that deliver global internet put up a bit over a decade ago her time.

So I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a group that is interested in things like "intelligent society seeds" like "Ark's" or "seeds of humanity".

Or if this is such a group then:
what is currently being done (in which we with you can participate) like an Ark or "intelligent society seed" self-sustaining community project?

I would really like to participate in such an activity, I'm a third generation computer programmer, and would hate to see my skills go to waste in a "transitional society" without use of computers.

wheras in a seed society we with you can perhaps re-establish global communication via radio and other ground transmission (assuming solar flares knock out satellites) early on in "the transition".

So I just want to be in a technologically savvy seed soon,
hope we with you can help. :)

Thank you for reading.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:13 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post And harm ye none, do what ye will...
Gidday again,

I just wanted to add an ancient take on the Golden Rule, from Wicca:

"Bide the WICCAN LAW ye must,
In perfect Love and Perfect trust
Eight word the Wiccan Rede Fulfill:
And Harm ye none, do what ye will.
Lest in Thy self defense it be
Ever mind the Rule of Three
Follow this in Mind and heart
And merry meet
and merry part. ( and merry met again) "

Trex