It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:57 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 New Members Please Say Hi 

Post Re: New Members Please Say Hi
Good to see you all here. :elephant :elephant :elephant

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Leo and Omegaia! :kiss

Good to see ya'll here!

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 pm
Truth Seeker

Hi ruts! -( I can't find the waving smiley to wave back.)
Yup, Siam, it is good to see familar faces - I predict we'll see some more soon... :elephant :elephant :elephant + :band

Hello little flower - missed ya and :kiss back atcha!
Also a big hello to Leo and thanks to L2L and Siam for inviting me here.
I'm sure I'll get to know the rest of the members old and new as I find my way around :yamon

Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:10 pm
Truth Seeker

Hiya Don, Toni, Wyz, John, GT Admin, L2L, MJC, Dig, Shady and those I have not 'met'.

I'm a new member but was around back in the sleepless days of the original GT on GLP. I have been out of this for years but I see not much has changed in relation to the original saga. It has a knack of developing itself year after year using the same techniques it always did. Creative would be a positive way to describe it. :mrgreen:

Did Boom ever show back around these parts of the multi web? Stealthskater? Kiwi? Those were the days. Midnight chats, subterfuge, faked yahoo accounts, anonymous pot stirrers, idle hacking threats. A real soap opera, drama, sci fi and comedy all rolled into a really long and never ending internet thread. You can't get that in a PS3 game! Clearly things have evolved since then.

Cheers

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:37 pm
GT Truther

:mrgreen:

GTAdmin wrote:
Cyberbird wrote:
I didn't know you wre from Canada GTAdmin !

:cadguy

Long live a free and independant Republic of Quebec !

LOL just kidding. :mrgreen:

:banned

:crylaugh Just kidding

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 pm
Site Admin

Good one Shady :silly

Good to see ya again Craka how have you been...

Last I heard Kiwi was doing great and enjoying staying away from all the drama

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

All good GT and good to hear from you again too. Finally made it out of 'The Mac'. Now in the US and A!

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:23 pm
Truth Seeker

Hey, ya'll. I am from the deep south of the usa, also a gardener and a prepper for 3 yrs. now, one day had a lightbulb moment :awe and have never looked back. I have a wonderful dh who is totally on board with being self sufficient and is actually almost more paranoid than I am. I have 4 wonderful children and 12 perfect (lol) grandchildren. I followed ruts here from TRC and am truly happy to find old names of friends that I have missed. I believe that we are here for a reason and not per chance, that there are things greater than we are and that the unknown will soon become the known. I love :heart reading, cooking, and all types of movies. :popcorn Gosh, I almost feel like I am filling out a personal dating profile, lol. Look forward to talking with ya'll soon and thanks in advance for the welcome to this extremely interesting forum. :clap

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:27 am

Greets from Africa to all the new friends of GT. Amazing to see the board bulge since the new "Work over" by GTA. Thanks again for all the hard work. :clap

I am a retired engineer living in the southern parts of the mountain regions of South Africa and an avid learner of self sustainable living and bringing Truth to the World. Have a small farm on which my wife and I have started a school to teach small scale food production on virgin soil to rural folks who have lost out on education and thus unemployed. We just love our green thumbs.

It's great to be learning something from you all! :mrgreen:

Sky

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Hi Frankie, good to see you here too!'
Thanks to the "old hands" for welcoming us :yamon .

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:28 pm
Site Admin

Sky wrote:
Greets from Africa
Sky

I have been around here for longer than I would lilke to admit, and maybe I missed it on the main GT but I never knew that you were from South Africa Sky.

We really do reach across the Globe with this site don't we :clap

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

I guess it’s my turn.

A very warm welcome to all the new faces here; each of us brings a special talent and voice to this enterprise of truth-seeking.

I’m what’s called a polymath: someone well versed in (probably too many) arts and sciences to be able to describe myself as being one of anything... but I do what I can.

I came here via my backgrounds in ancient history, healing, esoteric studies and as a senior initiate of more than 30 years standing on the path of Shaktipat Kundalini Yoga. Nothing in that prepared me for an unexpected interest in Ufology and exopolitics – which led here – but I’ve learned over the years to ‘follow my feet’ and go where I am sent. Like many of you, I believe I have been carefully guided and protected in this life by unseen helpers.

I am one of those who befriended Dan Burisch and was soundly trounced by his keepers for doing so. That brought me from his now-defunct forum to the Golden Thread.

So here I am.

And yes, I am also a ballet dancer, albeit retired from performing. I still take a professional level class at The National Ballet School, though, just for fun.

Cats? Personally, I think cats are the real “visitors from space, sent to observe us....” That purring? That’s actually their transmission back to Venus.... ;)

Cheers and all best wishes,

Selene

Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 am

Quote:
I guess it’s my turn.

A very warm welcome to all the new faces here; each of us brings a special talent and voice to this enterprise of truth-seeking.

I’m what’s called a polymath: someone well versed in (probably too many) arts and sciences to be able to describe myself as being one of anything... but I do what I can.

I came here via my backgrounds in ancient history, healing, esoteric studies and as a senior initiate of more than 30 years standing on the path of Shaktipat Kundalini Yoga. Nothing in that prepared me for an unexpected interest in Ufology and exopolitics – which led here – but I’ve learned over the years to ‘follow my feet’ and go where I am sent. Like many of you, I believe I have been carefully guided and protected in this life by unseen helpers.

I am one of those who befriended Dan Burisch and was soundly trounced by his keepers for doing so. That brought me from his now-defunct forum to the Golden Thread.

So here I am.

And yes, I am also a ballet dancer, albeit retired from performing. I still take a professional level class at The National Ballet School, though, just for fun.

Cats? Personally, I think cats are the real “visitors from space, sent to observe us....” That purring? That’s actually their transmission back to Venus....

Cheers and all best wishes,

Selene

Thank you, I am looking forwards to getting to know you as well. Yes, we have sort of popped up on you, hope you don't mind. You have a really great site here and some wonderful ideas.
It is going to take awhile to read everything that is here.

I love your avatar, is it you, dancing?

I like your cat sense, as I write this, I have one of my Siamese's head on my left hand. LOL it gets rather difficult to post anything, let alone see the
screen on my laptop. I have to get his permission to use it and he supervises me.
So you could be very right, on the UFO idea, it would be rather nice, as they are very smart and a pleasure to have around. :heart

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Hi, Siam -

No, the avatar is not a photo of me, exactly, (I resemble her) but it is from my favorite ballet: George Balanchine's "Serenade".

And the cats? I have two. Or rather, they have me. Dogs have masters;cats have staff....

Cheers,

Selene

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:27 pm

:crylaugh Oh yeah, they have staff!! :crylaugh :crylaugh ME!!

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Guess it's my turn to say 'hi'.... :brockoli

I'm in Bristol, UK, work as a civil servant by day but I'm also a published fiction author and illustrator (sometimes!). Lots of animal lovers here to judge from the pets listed, so for the record I have 8 rescued ferrets (that's Sparkle, my old jill, in my avatar.) Love gardening, art, reading/writing, practice chi gong and yoga and probably do too much :smileydrink

I stumbled here by accident after googling 'Dan Burisch' as I wasn't sure what to make of his claims and wanted to get a better all round picture. I've had paranormal and UFO related incidents since early teens, and was long ago involved in psychic questing stuff.

Nice to see so many new faces on a great new board. What a diverse and talented bunch! :clap
Good to know more about some of you veterans too. I'm always learning something new here, never a wasted visit.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:02 am
Truth Seeker

OK, fine. I'll play nice. 47, married, teens, air traffic controller. Skeptic. Realist. I live on northern Wisconsin. I've been a newshound for Chinese panflu stuff for a while now over at PFI. I've been a preparednessist (as opposed to a survivalist) since 1997. I moderated Gary North's Y2K Food Storage thread with Al Hagen (If you are in to preparedness, you know who he is.) I don't suffer fools or idiots lightly. I raise chickens, I garden, I shoot, I go to Jamaica once or twice a year. I love my 5 days of drunken debauchery in Vegas every January with the boys. I drive a big SUV. I fish. I believe in the death penalty and abortion. I don't believe in big government or this new health care stuff. I think that illegal aliens should be immediately deported. I drink beer (I have been tonight, can you tell?...ok, Im stuck in Cleveland on business,..what else is there to do.) Lastly, I think that each and every one of us is truly screwed. Enjoy life while you can, because on of these days......it will be suvival of the fittest.

I see I am allowed 60,000 characters per post. Although I won't make 60k in this post, I will try harder in any subsequent posts.

Anyone from cleveland here? Anything to do besides the RnR HoF?
:rant

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Truth Seeker

Hey! A noob here, but I know a bunch of members from old ED/WW forum.

Mostly I just :popcorn

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 pm
Site Admin

daath23 wrote:
Hey! A noob here, but I know a bunch of members from old ED/WW forum.

Mostly I just :popcorn

Welcome Daath :clap

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Guess it's my turn for a formal vitae.

Living in the glorious mountains of southwestern Virginia. It's Autumn--'nuf said.

Magician, married to another magician. Seven kids, including identical twins, and just had our 30th grandchild. Good news is we're not expecting any more this calendar year. Bad news is they all live west of the Mississippi, so that involves travel.

Current at-home family members include DH and myself, 5 Canine Children, 3 bunny rabbits, and 2 stands of bees. We're also temporarily housing another dog and 2 betta fish that should be making the trek out to Arizona shortly.

Avid gardener, beekeeper, foodie, bibliophile, and lover of nature; into raw foods (easier in warm weather), genealogy, and woodworking (Norm Abrams is God); currently in the middle of remodeling our little house and trying to turn a 1/4 acre small city lot into a working farm.

BS in Psychology, and More of the Same in Industrial/Organizational. Tons more work in Counseling. Somehow got roped into Social Work for 10 years but managed to escape. Currently on sabbatical until I decide I want to do something less constructive with my life.

jane b

Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:09 am
GT Truther

I didn’t want to be rude and lurk without letting my presence be known, either. Having said that, though, I am much more a ‘seeker’ than a ‘speaker’ and may be rather quiet for a while until I know I have something useful to say.

I've felt out of sync with this temporal place as far back as I can remember, always much more aware of the reality behind the visible, always searching for Truth. That might account for all the comments I got about being an old soul even as a child. I am insatiably curious (good thing I’m not a cat!) ~ read early and everything, with a special fascination in stars, mythologies and other cultures. (Yeah, I fit in well in school…not.) I also survived a NDE when I was in early elementary school, which only added to that ‘old soul’ view of reality and determination to weed out all the non-essentials (though I also think my sense of already only being ‘half here’ before that somehow added to coming back again).

My most core beliefs are held strongly (but usually quietly), however I am also very aware that my understanding is finite and always deepening. I am open to new information and insights and absolutely will change if I feel it is warranted. Selene’s description of her search for truth (Golden Thread 5.0, pg 14) is exactly my own; I follow an apophatic path as well.

My circle of friends is very diverse and although many of them couldn’t be in the same room with each other, I get along with them all and can appreciate their views even if I don’t hold the same ones. I tend to be the peace-maker and encourager in a group…but not to be confused with doormat, lol. My strong momma-bear tendencies mean that I protect those close to me or those unable to protect themselves. I prefer to let others lead but will stand up when the need arises.

If I get going I also tend to be a bit wordy so will end here. ;)

PJ

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:56 pm
Truth Seeker

Hi all,

I too was invited here by someone from another board - it's good to see all the familiar faces!

I haven't had a chance to dig into the board much yet but it looks like a lot of interesting threads. I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

:)

Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Welcome, it is so nice to see all of you here. :elephant

Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Greetings everybody, and thanks for the invite.

I didn't even know this place existed.

Glad to see so many familiar avatars and names.

BirdGuano, aka : guanosphere

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm
Site Admin

Hey BG how's it going....

Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next