It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:37 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Poisonous Food 
Author Message
GT Truther
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 am
Posts: 2968
Location: Timeline 39, Earth-Moon L1 Lagrange point
Post Poisonous Food
Via ZetaTalk newsletter as of September 20, 2020 (1)

Quote:
Poisonous Food

I have heard from a bug eating friend that one should never eat a bitter bug. He eats a bug a day, on general principle, and has yet to be poisoned. He most often is not familiar with the bug he is eating, but finds his rule of thumb “if in doubt, spit it out” works well. Apparently, poisonous bugs are bitter. Apparently, it’s not just bugs. Members of the Cucurbit family, which includes some of the most popular and sustaining vegetables eaten by humans, can give you bad indigestion and cramps. They develop a poison called Cucurbitacins in hot dry weather. But don’t let that put you off growing Pumpkins and Acorn Squash to tide you over the Winter months, nor feel you must forgo Pumpkin Pie. Toxic Squash Syndrome is rare and easily identified.
Image

You could be Eating Killer Courgettes: How Hundreds of Gardeners have been Poisoned in Recent Months
August 29, 2020
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... ng-kille...
Symptoms range from crippling stomach cramps, violent vomiting and diarrhoea to, in some cases, severe trembling, fever and terrifying hallucinogenic dreams. Cucumbers, squash and pumpkins can all have the same effect – in fact, the condition has been dubbed Toxic Squash Syndrome. They all come from a family of plants that naturally contain high levels of chemicals called cucurbitacins, which protect them against insects and disease but which are toxic to humans – even when boiled, roasted or fried. Some experts warn that heat stress can drive up toxin levels in the veg. How can gardeners tell if their vegetables are toxic? Cut off a tiny slither to taste – raw or cooked – and if there is the slightest hint of bitterness, discard immediately.
Less rare are the dangers that can come from eating the greens from members of the nightshade family. Nightshade is historically used as a therapeutic and as a poison, known as Belladonna. But for the gardener it is important to note that some of our most delicious and nutritious and widely used vegetables are members of the nightshade family. All this means is that you should not eat the greens, nor should you feed them to your livestock. Goats will eat anything, and might be tempted. Tomato and Potato are members of the nightshade family. Trim off any part of the potato that is green, as this means it has been exposed to the Sun.
Quote:
Image
The 8 Most Nutritious Nightshade Fruits and Vegetables
https://www.healthline.com/health/most- ... ade-plants
Nightshade fruits and vegetables are a broad group of plants from the solanum and capsicum families. Nightshade plants contain poisons, one called solanine. While ingesting nightshade plants can be fatal, fruits and vegetables in this same classification of plant — many of which you’ll find at your local grocery store — are actually safe to eat. This is because the amount of this toxic compound is lowered to nontoxic levels once the fruits and vegetables ripen.


Notes:
(1)
http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog ... er-20-2020

_________________
--
Remember: this whole thing is about self-responsibility, self-rule and self choice.
Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet.


Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.