It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

Mind & Material Solutions for 2012 
Site Admin

Post Mind & Material Solutions for 2012
A member asked that we start this thread to discuss ways to overcome fear during a crisis.

Quote:
But you know, I have contemplated this "crisis" thing quite a lot. Since this current financial situation has been "manufactured" by the cabal and their bankster minions, we must never forget - they are creating perceptions.

If one thinks about it enough, it eventually dawn upon you that the only crisis I as an individual suffer, is the one I give into. Meaning, there is ALWAYS a way around every problem. If we have prepared, and we have made provision for the needs we have (not speaking about stuff money buys - like holidays and toys) then why do we have to stress?

Maybe we should start a thread in the Survival section on this and debate mind and material solutions to this damn fear and crisis syndrome!!

There will ALWAYS be work and resources. The Earth is abundant and fruitful.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:59 am

Re: Solutions
Very important issue, thanks Sky for proposing this topic. Not how to prepare, we have many threads and sections on that. Fear is the 800lb gorilla in the room that nobody talks about. It is fear which is being used to manipulate us into a state of such abject terror that we will be ever so grateful when the gov't comes along to "help" us out of a dilemma into which they have manipulated us, to help us into their total control. FEMA camps anybody?

So, how do we deal with the fear? How do we discern what is disinfo on their part and what is reality? For me, the first and primary safeguard is my faith: faith in the basic goodness of the human heart, faith in my ability to handle whatever crisis comes along, faith in the ability of Mother Earth to provide for her children (but we must learn how to live in harmony with her again, how to make use of her abundance - hence the survival threads). All this faith is rooted in my faith in God Who loves us and will not desert us if we trust in Her.

I am not saying that we should sit back and say, "I don't have to worry; God will take care of me." We have been given a marvelous tool in our brains and we are expected to use them, and in our hearts which must never stop loving, no matter what, but neither must we be gullible and believe that everybody wants what is best for us - far from it.

There is no getting around the fact that these are dangerous times; we are deceived at every level, manipulated by every means possible, some of which most people would deny could even exist. In these days, one thing we all must do is to be thoroughly rooted in our beliefs, our moral compass. We must know who we are, from whence we come, and what is acceptable to us and what is not. There are going to be many very difficult decisions in the days to come, decisions that will test us to the limit. The time has come when we must stand up and speak out, not only against the evil in our world, but on behalf of the good. We must be signposts for those who are struggling to understand, and prophets to those who don't even wonder yet.

Yes, I said prophets. When I taught religious instruction, I found a great definition of a prophet, and tried to get the young people to see that each of us is called to be a prophet. What is a prophet? "A prophet is one who comforts the afflicted, and afflicts the comfortable." That is what those of us who may be a little ahead in awareness of this dreadful war of good and evil going on in our world are being called to do: help those who struggle, and agitate against those who are causing us to struggle.

This is a general statement, without specifics, which I'm sure I and others will speak to, but we must always remember the basics of the situation in which we find ourselves in these times. It took me a while to come to accept the realization that we are indeed living in very "unusual" times, or should I say "interesting" times. Once I did, I knew that I have an obligation to speak, to act, to plan, to prepare, to be a help to those who are floundering in the fog, the fog of deceit, manipulation, evil, that is being sprayed over us as truly as the planes spread chemicals over our skies.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Solutions
Quote:

On a more concrete level, addressing the matter of work and resources, here are some things I keep in mind as I am "prepping", getting ready for any disaster.

I have ways to cook without power, sources of water, heat, light, etc. I have skills and goods that are suitable for barter, which I believe will be essential in a financial breakdown, when paper money becomes known as worthless (which it basically is already). For detailed lists and suggestions, see our survival section.

I have seeds that I am planting, and some frozen. I save seeds from the plants that I grow in my garden (non-GMO of course - GMO's do not propogate true to form, if at all.) that I keep for the next growing season.

I have guns and ammo available, both for defense if needed (last resort only) but more, for hunting. All 3 of our DS are hunters. I also have fishing gear and a lake and river near enough to get to on foot or bike, as well as woods and fields to hunt in.

I have canned goods, dried goods, dehydrated foods, etc. enough for 3 - 6 months or more for 3 people, less if DS and DIL don't stock up for themselves.

This is all well and good, and I am probably better prepared than most in my neighborhood - but one of my main concerns (not fears because I have prepared and have faith) is that the majority of people, for many diverse reasons, are not prepared, don't know that they need to be prepared, don't have the wherewithal to prepare. That being said, after last October's surprise blizzard and this year's storms in the Northeast, most people are at least aware that they should be prepared for a week or two without power in their homes and shortages in stores. However, most stores were up and running shortly, so the idea of weeks, even months of having to feed ourselves doesn't enter into the picture for them.

I have two main reasons for my concern. The first is concern for those who are not prepared when the :shtf for what will happen to them, how they will live, eat, care for themselves and their families, especially concern for the elderly who have no one who cares about or for them, and for children who have no supportive network. I also fear for those who live in poverty, again for diverse reasons, one major one being that the gov't has made them dependent on it and when that support is no longer there, they will be hung out to dry.

My second concern is for how their plight will affect me and those in my network. What will young people with no resources, who have no hope, who are afraid and angry, do in the face of lack of food, power (no tv, video, cell phones), all the panaceas we have been given to keep us from facing reality. What will gangs do in such circumstances? Personally, I believe some will take over running their turf, making "rules", creating a strange sort of order though one most people will not like, but will have to go along with unless they want to move. This is in urban areas.

What about families, mothers, fathers who no longer have means to feed their children, or any of the other basics of life? A majority of people in these days live in urban or suburban areas where the ability to grow food is very limited, where every need is supplied by the system and their is not the option to fish, to hunt, to care for themselves in a world where the system has failed.

There are many reasons why people will fear for themselves and their families, why they will panic, and for the majority the veneer of civilization will fall quickly in the face of hunger, disease, lack of shelter..... They will move from where they live in search of what they cannot find in their own environment. They will move out of the cities to the suburbs, moving ever outward in search of what they need. Fear, panic, anger will all lead many to abandon the guidelines that we live by, imposed on us by the law for those who do not live by them of their own accord. I see a breakdown of society and this is something we must all be prepared for and we must decide now how we will handle this when we are faced with it in our own backyard. Again, I refer back to my last post - be very sure of what we believe in, of how we want to live, and be true to that no matter what happens.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Quote:
The time has come when we must stand up and speak out, not only against the evil in our world, but on behalf of the good. We must be signposts for those who are struggling to understand, and prophets to those who don't even wonder yet.

:heart :clap

The first thing to deal with is shock. After Ike, the shock of what had happened to us (even though it was very minor compared to others) was disabling at first. As one of my DSIL's said after Hurrican Rita "stuff like this just doesn't happen to people like US!"

It is critical in those first few hours after a disaster of any sort that you experience the shock and then deal with it.

I walked out my back door that morning and was shocked to see my trees down and the fences down and the garden shed tattered and strewn all over the yard.

It was shocking to see the remaining trees with no leaves. No birds in the sky either.

We both just stood there with our mouths hanging open! :awe

How you respond in those first hours is critical to your survival, IMHO.

In our case a good ole cup of coffee and a bit of time to adjust to the new reality and we were just fine. The world moved on and so did we.

How do we respond to the fear mongering on MSM? That is the question in my mind.

In my area, 300+ folks died because of the fear mongering on local TV about hurricanes. Folks just stopped paying attention because it was out of control.

I see the same scenario played out daily on the national news night after night after night.

There are worse things than unemployment. There are worse things than bank scandals. There are much worse things than Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise getting a divorce. :gah

It's those worse things (the monsters under the bed) that we should fear and do something about.

Which brings me back to the quote from Ruts above - it is time for good, faithful people to speak out not only against evil in the world but to bring awareness back about the good in this world, too.

I sometimes think we overlook the good and we focus too much on what might happen rather than savoring each moment we have.

Peace and light, friends! :heart

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:57 am
GT Truther

rutsuyasun wrote:
Quote:

On a more concrete level, addressing the matter of work and resources, here are some things I keep in mind as I am "prepping", getting ready for any disaster.

I have ways to cook without power, sources of water, heat, light, etc. I have skills and goods that are suitable for barter, which I believe will be essential in a financial breakdown, when paper money becomes known as worthless (which it basically is already). For detailed lists and suggestions, see our survival section.

I have seeds that I am planting, and some frozen. I save seeds from the plants that I grow in my garden (non-GMO of course - GMO's do not propogate true to form, if at all.) that I keep for the next growing season.

I have guns and ammo available, both for defense if needed (last resort only) but more, for hunting. All 3 of our DS are hunters. I also have fishing gear and a lake and river near enough to get to on foot or bike, as well as woods and fields to hunt in.

I have canned goods, dried goods, dehydrated foods, etc. enough for 3 - 6 months or more for 3 people, less if DS and DIL don't stock up for themselves.

This is all well and good, and I am probably better prepared than most in my neighborhood - but one of my main concerns (not fears because I have prepared and have faith) is that the majority of people, for many diverse reasons, are not prepared, don't know that they need to be prepared, don't have the wherewithal to prepare. That being said, after last October's surprise blizzard and this year's storms in the Northeast, most people are at least aware that they should be prepared for a week or two without power in their homes and shortages in stores. However, most stores were up and running shortly, so the idea of weeks, even months of having to feed ourselves doesn't enter into the picture for them.

I have two main reasons for my concern. The first is concern for those who are not prepared when the :shtf for what will happen to them, how they will live, eat, care for themselves and their families, especially concern for the elderly who have no one who cares about or for them, and for children who have no supportive network. I also fear for those who live in poverty, again for diverse reasons, one major one being that the gov't has made them dependent on it and when that support is no longer there, they will be hung out to dry.

My second concern is for how their plight will affect me and those in my network. What will young people with no resources, who have no hope, who are afraid and angry, do in the face of lack of food, power (no tv, video, cell phones), all the panaceas we have been given to keep us from facing reality. What will gangs do in such circumstances? Personally, I believe some will take over running their turf, making "rules", creating a strange sort of order though one most people will not like, but will have to go along with unless they want to move. This is in urban areas.

What about families, mothers, fathers who no longer have means to feed their children, or any of the other basics of life? A majority of people in these days live in urban or suburban areas where the ability to grow food is very limited, where every need is supplied by the system and their is not the option to fish, to hunt, to care for themselves in a world where the system has failed.

There are many reasons why people will fear for themselves and their families, why they will panic, and for the majority the veneer of civilization will fall quickly in the face of hunger, disease, lack of shelter..... They will move from where they live in search of what they cannot find in their own environment. They will move out of the cities to the suburbs, moving ever outward in search of what they need. Fear, panic, anger will all lead many to abandon the guidelines that we live by, imposed on us by the law for those who do not live by them of their own accord. I see a breakdown of society and this is something we must all be prepared for and we must decide now how we will handle this when we are faced with it in our own backyard. Again, I refer back to my last post - be very sure of what we believe in, of how we want to live, and be true to that no matter what happens.

All good advice. I have had more then one person tell me when I asked why they are not ready for a major problem like no food, and they all had the same reply. I have a gun and I will just come here! My reply was but I also have a gun!

In the army we were trained to train others. The best thing you can do is to get your entire neighbor hood trained as to what is comming, which is a financial changeover and more bad weather and perhaps a pole shift! My entire neighborhood is ready for any desaster. The people here are quite well off and have all the equiptment they need, chain saws for downed trees, campers, food supplies, electric generators, welders, guns, etc. you name it. So talk to your neighbors.
Now is the time to get ready ! NOW! The harvest for this year 2012, is way down and will cause problems.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 am