It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 am

Prepping/survival advice for special cases 

Post Prepping/survival advice for special cases
PJ posted a link to this site on special prepping for diabetics (through her FB page). She is working on compiling info on this subject. When she posts more I'll add it here, but for now here is one site to look at.

DIABETIC EMERGENCY PREP IDEAS:

http://pinterest.com/winkki/diabetic-em ... bject_map={%2210151080535008576%22%3A10150728727152899}&action_type_map={%2210151080535008576%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Prepping/survival advice for special cases
I have to adjust some of my prepping (though not a lot) because DH is wheelchair bound. What this means is that I can't plan on bugging out unless it's in the car. (I know, that's sort of a DUH - lol) It means that I can have a slightly larger bugout bag since we won't have to carry them by hand. Also, I have scoped out escape routes by road, ways to get to DS#1's house by back roads, (he's more isolated where he is and hunting, fishing easier on his land and nearby) and have a list of a few out-of-the-way abandoned houses that could possibly be used if we need to hide. I don't really expect this to be an issue, but on the other hand.....

One problem with DH is his meds; he is dependent on BP meds, as well as prostate meds, but this isn't something related to his hemiplaegia. I'm researching herbal alternatives, but not getting too far yet. Note to self: get on this ASAP.

Just had a thought: I'll have to see if I can pay for an extra month or three of his meds because insurance of course will only pay for a limited amount at once time.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:42 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Prepping/survival advice for special cases
Another link PJ posted:

10 Natural Supplements for Diabetes Management

http://www.altmedicinezone.com/natural- ... -diabetes/

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm
Profile YIM