It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 pm

Sun and Moon Rising and Set 
GT Truther

Post Sun and Moon Rising and Set
If you want to compare how Earlier/Latter The Moon/Sun Rise or Set in your Region, for the Predicted dates

go here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html

Traditionaly March 20 is Equinox:
(1)
Quote:
March Equinox (approximately March 20-21)

This day begins fall in the Southern Hemisphere and spring in the Northern Hemisphere. There are twelve hours of daylight and twelve hours of darkness at all points on the earth’s surface on the two equinoxes. Sunrise is at 6 a.m. and sunset is at 6 p.m. local (solar) time for most points on the earth’s surface.
North Pole: The sun is on the horizon at the North Pole on the March Equinox. The sun rises at the North Pole at noon to the horizon on the March Equinox and the North Pole remains light until the September Equinox.

Arctic Circle: Experiences 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. The sun is 66.5 off zenith and low in the sky at 23.5 degrees above the horizon.

Tropic of Cancer: Experiences 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. The sun is 23.5 degrees off of the zenith.

Equator: The sun is directly overhead the equator at noon on the equinox. On both equinoxes, the sun is directly over the equator at noon.

Tropic of Capricorn: Experiences 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. The sun is 23.5 degrees off of the zenith.

Antarctic Circle: Experiences 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness.

South Pole: The sun sets at the South Pole at noon after the Pole having been light for the past six months (since the September Equinox). The day begins on the horizon in the morning and by the end of the day, the sun has set.

But according to these page and my location:

Code:
Date             Sunrise Sunset   Sunrise    Sunset      This day   
March 10 2010   6:17   18:16       94°East   266°West   11h 58m 24s
March 11 2010   6:16   18:16       94°East   267°West   11h 59m 14s   
March 12 2010   6:16   18:16       93°East   267°West   12h 00m 04s
March 13 2010   6:15   18:16       93°East   267°West   12h 00m 54s   
March 14 2010   6:14   18:16       92°East   268°West   12h 01m 44s   
March 15 2010   6:14   18:16       92°East   268°West   12h 02m 34s   
March 16 2010   6:13   18:16       92°East   269°West   12h 03m 24s   
March 17 2010   6:12   18:17       91°East   269°West   12h 04m 14s   
March 18 2010   6:12   18:17       91°East   270°West   12h 05m 04s   
March 19 2010   6:11   18:17       90°East   270°West   12h 05m 54s   
March 20 2010   6:10   18:17       90°East   270°West   12h 06m 45s   
March 21 2010   6:09   18:17       89°East   271°West   12h 07m 35s

The lenght of the Day is almost 12 hrs on March 12 2010 :huh
So,
I went outside and registered that:
The Sunset today was at 17:54:10, a diference of 22 minutes...
and a nice Z clouds...

(1)
http://geography.about.com/od/physicalg ... sons_2.htm

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Sun and Moon Rising and Set
Forgive my ignorance but is this actual proof that the earth is at least a little bit tilted now?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Quote:
is this actual proof that the earth is at least a little bit tilted now?

Well, as independent source, i find some incongruencies, with the measures in the field (at ground level), and the data in the table:

The Sun Rising Today was at: 06:35:30 a.m. against 06:16 a.m. from my location...@ 03-11-2010
19.30 min off :huh

Magnetic Declination...(1)
Quote:
If the compass at your place is pointing clockwise with respect to the True North, declination is positive or EAST

If the compass at your place is pointing counter-clockwise with respect to the True North, declination is negative or WEST

According to this page the Magnetic Declination (1) is Positive (right of the Compass):
Magnetic declination: + 2° 39' EAST

My Compass point the Sunrise @ 100 W + 2° 39' E =102° 39 W

Some Math:

The Table Said 94W,
102° 21W - 94° W= ° 8° 21 W off

(1)
http://www.magnetic-declination.com/wha ... nation.php

(2)
http://www.magnetic-declination.com/

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Interesting, or shall I say scary :scared

Please keep us informed recall, thank you :clap

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:40 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Then:
the Sunset was @ 272 39' W 05:53:22 p.m. :awe
the last Sunset data was 05:54:10 pm (using a timestamp of the Camera)
a -48 seg of difference :?:

Lenght of the day was:
Sunrise 06:35:30 a.m. - Sunset: 05:53:22 p.m
11 hrs 17 min 52 sec :roll against 11:59:14 of the table
a -41min 32 sec apart...

looks like the lattest Strong 7+ Quake on O´Higgins Region in Chile move again the Axis?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Hi Recall;
Glad you are paying attention, most don't notice these things, Saturday, March 6, I measured Meridian passage up here at 49 deg N, 122 W, just for fun with my Sextant, took a sight every five minutes for two hours, got good results, but the sun did appear to rise a little, 2/3rds of the way into my sights, this coincided with the arrival of a cold wind at least 10 degrees difference, that changed the refraction index just enough to make the sun appear to rise.
More important, and more to your point, the "Sun" and it's position local Sunrise, Sunset, and Meridian passage are affected by the Analemma, sometimes the Sun is a "Fast" Sun, sometimes it is a "Slow" Sun. We use a "Mean" or average Sun for everyday work and play.
From the Nautical Almanac, 2010 edition on March 12, at noon, we had a "slow" sun, 09 min 45 seconds.
Also, if you are off of the center of the local timezone, ( every 15 degrees of Longitude) you can have an additional local difference, every .25 of a degree is a minute difference. Also, from your pics, you do not appear to have a clear horizon to measure from, you can use an artificial horizon if you are not at sea level, just pout some dark syrup into a bowl, and that will give you an artificial horizon.
Another cool trick is to measure up to Polaris from your Horizon, it is most accurate near 11 PM, the degrees up = degrees of Latitude.
Make sure you measure your watch error, a few minutes can make a big difference, I use a Casio Waveceptor, Atomic time, zero watch error.
At high latitudes, lately from the effect of greenhouse gases the refraction index has indeed changed slightly, there was a study published recently, but that is only for north or south of 60 degrees.

Over a mountain top you can get very cold shear winds that will change the refractive index to a greater degree than if you are sitting on a beach in the tropics, low temperatures, and low local atmospheric pressure can indeed produce the results that you observed.
I am sure your observations were correct, and thanks again for noticing, I wish more people were paying attention to these things, so we can all indeed be notified of any changes.
Mizar

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 pm
Truth Seeker

Oh, by the way, like you I was trying to measure the effect of the Chilean Earthquake, so fat I have not been able to measure a difference.

Mizar

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 pm
Site Admin

Okay, I officially have indigestion this morning! :tounge

First, I read the Lynnwood Boeing employee thread and now you two? So from these two threads - the sun is gonna blow us up because of the filaments touching the magnetosphere or whatevah and now the earthquake has made the sun/moon rise/set earlier?

Oh my word! :awe :huh :shock:

Would the Chile earthquake be enough to knock us off our axis?

Why didn't the Indonesian earthquake do it?

Is it a combination of the two? :doh

Okay, I'm off to try to find some good news for today! :wavey

Keep up the good work, ya'll - I think! :shakehead

Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:57 am

I was never mathematically inclined, but this is getting way over my head. Isn't the day suppose to lengthen as we move into the summer? Okay I can understand that as we are placed on the earth there is a difference, but as a whole we should see the increase. I guess I am one of those who need it to rise in the north before I will see it. We need a dunce's hat for a smiley L. :brockoli

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:23 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Ok, thanks for the input...

as these chart point:
Code:
March 12 2010   6:16   18:16       93°East   267°West   12h 00m 04s

the Weather changed dramaticaly over my region, so more Heat it changed from the average 48.2 F / 9 C to a 78.80F / 26 C caused a noticeable FOG almost every day around all the sky... with no wind at the time of Sunrise and Sunset...
:hmm
Looks like The Equinox comes earlier about 8 days before March 20 for my region...

;)

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile WWW

Gosh Recall that sounds really weird!! May I ask where your located generally?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Over the Mountains in Central America...

The Fog Continues...as the Weather changed.

:wavey

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 am
Profile WWW

:wavey Hi, yes it is very strange indeed. I wonder what will happen in the summer months?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

The Sun is moving to the North to fast. (well the Earth is the one that moves around the Sun) but from an observer on the Ground: :whistle

From
March 11 2010 5.53.22 pm
To here:
March 20 2010 6.00.23 pm
in 9 days!

:elephant

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile WWW

So if it's moving so fast, aren't we going to see spring and summer really early? Then an early fall and winter, by then we could be seeing fall in August.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Siam wrote:
So if it's moving so fast, aren't we going to see spring and summer really early? Then an early fall and winter, by then we could be seeing fall in August.

This is something that has me scratching my head as well....

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

hold on guys. love the excitement though. lol

in his pics...he's not at sea level with open view to horizon. he's cheating his time by the mountains in his way.

and he could be placed either east or west of his time zone's center.

just my guess.

edited to add: recall, i'm not implying you tried to cheat on your time. but that your time count was short. not saying you did anything deceitful. just to clear that up. :embarressed

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:48 am
GT Truther

no problem,
but discounting the time count,
Geographic speaking, the Sun is moving fast to the north...
and it got a new meaning of an "Blending Seasons", you know...

Maybe you can help posting some pics, too.

:wavey

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

i'm not sure i understand. you want me to post picts too? maybe that post wasn't for me? lol

i agree that it looks like the sun is moving into it's summer position quickly. but, a few years back someone said the same thing. so, i made a point to notice where the sun rises and sets with the first day of summer and winter from my bedroom and living room window. to keep the most southern and northern points in mind and look for discrepensies. so far, they are still on track. i notice nothing different. yet. but i'll yell if i do. won't know any different until first day of summer though.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm
GT Truther

Thanks Genesis...

;)

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Wonder if it has anything to do with this :sherlock

===========================

North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux

Blue lines show Earth's northern magnetic field and the magnetic north pole in an artist's rendering.

Picture courtesy Stefan Maus, NOAA NGDC
.Richard A. Lovett in San Francisco

for National Geographic News

December 24, 2009

Earth's north magnetic pole is racing toward Russia at almost 40 miles (64 kilometers) a year due to magnetic changes in the planet's core, new research says.

The core is too deep for scientists to directly detect its magnetic field. But researchers can infer the field's movements by tracking how Earth's magnetic field has been changing at the surface and in space.

Now, newly analyzed data suggest that there's a region of rapidly changing magnetism on the core's surface, possibly being created by a mysterious "plume" of magnetism arising from deeper in the core.

And it's this region that could be pulling the magnetic pole away from its long-time location in northern Canada, said Arnaud Chulliat, a geophysicist at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris in France.

Finding North

Magnetic north, which is the place where compass needles actually point, is near but not exactly in the same place as the geographic North Pole. Right now, magnetic north is close to Canada's Ellesmere Island.

Navigators have used magnetic north for centuries to orient themselves when they're far from recognizable landmarks.

Although global positioning systems have largely replaced such traditional techniques, many people still find compasses useful for getting around underwater and underground where GPS satellites can't communicate.

The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831. Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year.

In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year.

A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North.

Wandering Pole

Geologists think Earth has a magnetic field because the core is made up of a solid iron center surrounded by rapidly spinning liquid metal. This creates a "dynamo" that drives our magnetic field.

(Get more facts about Earth's insides.)

Scientists had long suspected that, since the molten core is constantly moving, changes in its magnetism might be affecting the surface location of magnetic north.

Although the new research seems to back up this idea, Chulliat is not ready to say whether magnetic north will eventually cross into Russia.

"It's too difficult to forecast," Chulliat said.

Also, nobody knows when another change in the core might pop up elsewhere, sending magnetic north wandering in a new direction.

Chulliat presented his work this week at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -core.html

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:54 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

looks like what i got with times and positions is related to this one (1)

Quote:
The arc of the sun seems even more off these days. Any comment?
Quote:
Wonder if it has anything to do with this :sherlock

===========================

North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux

SOZT
When there was a temporary lean to the left on March 4 and the days following, we mentioned that this type of extreme wobble would occur from time to time as Planet X and the Earth maneuvered themselves into their end-game positions. At present, Planet X is slightly to the right of the Sun when in the line of sight from the northern hemisphere of Earth. Before the last weeks commence, beginning with the severe wobble, Earth will press as far to the left as possible, to evade the presence of the approaching Planet X. Prior to the last weeks thus, Planet X will be stationed more to the right of the Sun in the line of view, presenting many more opportunities for a Second Sun to be seen along with the rising or setting Sun. In the meantime, Planet X is assaulting the Earth, pressing its magnetic field into the magnetic field of Earth, and thus causing an extreme wobble or temporary lean to the left at times. As we mentioned in early March, this will come and go, as this is a dance at present.
EOZT

But reading the compass the needle is on the move...
I set the Guide Lines to point to the current north @
And today that got a variation, same place, same orientation, but pointing some degrees to the east ???

Some say that is caused by a undergroud flow of Magma...

some volcanic Ash in the Air Today at Sunset:

(1)
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 024554/pg1

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

More on the moving magnetic North Pole:

(I remember being told a couple of years ago that the runways were off in airports in the North central part of the US.)

Magnetic North Pole Shifts, Forces Runway Closures at Florida Airport

By Jeremy A. Kaplan

The planet's northern magnetic pole is drifting slowly but steadily towards Russia -- and it's throwing off planes in Florida.

Tampa International Airport was forced to readjust its runways Thursday to account for the movement of the Earth's magnetic fields, information that pilots rely upon to navigate planes. Thanks to the fluctuations in the force, the airport has closed its primary runway until Jan. 13 to change taxiway signs to account for the shift, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/ ... z1AOm3VuKH

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile YIM