It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:54 am

Alien Solar System Looks Strikingly Like Ours 
GT Truther

Post Alien Solar System Looks Strikingly Like Ours
"Astronomers have discovered a group of at least five planets – with hints of two more – circling around a star in an arrangement similar to our own solar system. Confirmation of the extra planets would make this the highest tally of alien worlds ever spotted around a single star.

The planets and their own sun-like star are about 127 light-years from Earth, astronomers with the European Southern Observatory said. It is one of just 15 planetary systems known to have more than three worlds.

The five planets circle their parent star, HD 10180, in a regular pattern like the planets of our solar system, only in a more compact arrangement, the researchers said....

.....astronomer Christophe Lovis, lead author of the study, said in a statement Tuesday. "This remarkable discovery also highlights the fact that we are now entering a new era in exoplanet research: the study of complex planetary systems and not just of individual planets..."

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/a ... 00824.html

Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:34 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Alien Solar System Looks Strikingly Like Ours
There has never been a doubt in my mind that we are NOT alone, the question is are they friend or foe :hmm :sherlock :alien :awe

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Is it because the words "alien worlds" are used (instead of other "planets") that stimulates the belief these "worlds"/"planets" are occupied by living species? There must be more. I just haven't researched this yet. Thank you

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:34 am
Site Admin

Shy wrote:
Is it because the words "alien worlds" are used (instead of other "planets") that stimulates the belief these "worlds"/"planets" are occupied by living species? There must be more. I just haven't researched this yet. Thank you

I am NOT saying I believe becasue of "this" announcment it just goes to prove that NASA does NOT know everything and to assume that we are alone in this or any other Galaxy seems strange to me thats all..

Sorry for the confusion.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am
Profile WWW