It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:36 am

Warning by astronauts?? 
Site Admin

Post Warning by astronauts??
I am looking for something to back this up so please bare with me for now but they say a picture is worth a thousand words and seeing as how I just happened to have my camera handy I just took this photo from my tv set.

We have a news channel here in Toronto called CP24, its a 24 hr news channel that runs a constant banner along the bottom as pictured above.

Alot of times I simply mute my TV & read the news ticker while surfing & listening to music...

Long story short I just read this brief clip ABOVE and had one of those, did I really just read those comments?

I just happened to have my Nikon right beside me so I took the above shot just to make sure that I was not mis-reading the ticker!

What do you make of this because it certainly is the first I have heard of it

Funnily enough they are running the 11 Oclock news and there is NOT one mention of this warning, things that make ya hmmmmmmmmmmm...... :hmm :sherlock

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Warning by astronauts??
My bad :doh

Quoted from the GT

L2L wrote:
I think I may have found the source of the above story, sorry for thinking the worst first but all this doom & gloom talk of late makes one think the worst first sometimes.
When I read the above it made me stand up and take notice and my first reaction was to give you all a heads up...

Sorry for the false alarm :crazy

Asteroid warning: Get ready for the big one, astronauts say

MONTREAL—Canadian and American astronauts say the world should already be preparing for the big one — the asteroid that could some day strike the Earth causing death and destruction.

“You're just sticking your head in the sand if you think the world will live out its entire natural life until the end of our sun and never be hit by another big rock,” Canada's Chris Hadfield said in an interview.

“That's just foolishness. That's just ignorance.”

The Canadian Space Agency astronaut is the current president of the Association of Space Explorers (ASE), which submitted a report to the United Nations outlining a detailed plan to deal with any asteroid threat.

Read the rest here
http://www.thestar.com/news/sciencetech ... onauts-say

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Warning by astronauts??
I don't think it is your bad - I think it is odd, too.

Could it simply be a slow news day and, yet again, another example of hyping the news? Yep.

But sometimes I think stories like this slip into the mainstream due to the shear ignorance of MSM.

Then again, maybe I've read too much GT. :crylaugh

Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:54 am