It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 am

Why do I still not believe them??? 

Post Why do I still not believe them???
Did some Googling on where we might find images of earth based telescopes looking at the lunar landing sites for evidense. None found. But then on a discussion board, I found a link to the following revelation by NASA:

LRO Sees Apollo Landing Sites

This graphic shows the approximate locations of the Apollo moon landing sites.
Credit: NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio

NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, has returned its first imagery of the Apollo moon landing sites. The pictures show the Apollo missions' lunar module descent stages sitting on the moon's surface, as long shadows from a low sun angle make the modules' locations evident.

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera, or LROC, was able to image five of the six Apollo sites, with the remaining Apollo 12 site expected to be photographed in the coming weeks.

The satellite reached lunar orbit June 23 and captured the Apollo sites between July 11 and 15. Though it had been expected that LRO would be able to resolve the remnants of the Apollo mission, these first images came before the spacecraft reached its final mapping orbit. Future LROC images from these sites will have two to three times greater resolution.

All images credit: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center/Arizona State University

Apollo 11 lunar module, Eagle.
Image width: 282 meters (about 925 ft.)

[Larger image of this looks like:]

Apollo 15 lunar module, Falcon.
Image width: 384 meters (about 1,260 ft.)

Apollo 16 lunar module, Orion.
Image width: 256 meters (about 840 ft.)

Apollo 17 lunar module, Challenger.
Image width: 359 meters (about 1,178 ft.)

Apollo 14 lunar module, Antares.
Image width: 538 meters (about 1,765 ft.)

"The LROC team anxiously awaited each image," said LROC principal investigator Mark Robinson of Arizona State University. "We were very interested in getting our first peek at the lunar module descent stages just for the thrill -- and to see how well the cameras had come into focus. Indeed, the images are fantastic and so is the focus."

Although these pictures provide a reminder of past NASA exploration, LRO's primary focus is on paving the way for the future. By returning detailed lunar data, the mission will help NASA identify safe landing sites for future explorers, locate potential resources, describe the moon's radiation environment and demonstrate new technologies.

"Not only do these images reveal the great accomplishments of Apollo, they also show us that lunar exploration continues," said LRO project scientist Richard Vondrak of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. "They demonstrate how LRO will be used to identify the best destinations for the next journeys to the moon."

The spacecraft's current elliptical orbit resulted in image resolutions that were slightly different for each site but were all around four feet per pixel. Because the deck of the descent stage is about 12 feet in diameter, the Apollo relics themselves fill an area of about nine pixels. However, because the sun was low to the horizon when the images were made, even subtle variations in topography create long shadows. Standing slightly more than ten feet above the surface, each Apollo descent stage creates a distinct shadow that fills roughly 20 pixels.
Snip

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

:roll :roll

Now we have Spy Satellites that can focus on a cigarete pack on the surface of the earth and read the brand. So why these crappy images from the moon? Suppose it is the same answer as the reason there are no stars in NASA photography, but the Russians have no problem showing stars in their images of space and the moon...

:crazy :roll :shakehead

:roflmao

Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:42 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Why do I still not believe them???
LRO Gets Additional View of Apollo 11 Landing Site

As the Apollo 11 Lunar Module (LM) neared the surface, Neil Armstrong could see the designated landing area would have been in a rocky area near West Crater. He had to change the flight plan and fly the LM westward to find a safe landing spot. This image is 742 meters wide (about 0.46 miles). North is towards the top of the image.
Credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University

Enlargement of area surrounding Apollo 11 landing site.
Credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University

"Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

With those eight words, astronaut Neil Armstrong let the world know that Apollo 11 had landed safely on the moon, beginning humankind's first exploration of another world. The landing certainly kept the mission operations crew in suspense as Armstrong maneuvered around the bouldery ejecta on the northeast flank of West Crater, finally settling down almost a kilometer to the west with only tens of seconds of fuel remaining.

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera team earlier released two pictures of the Apollo 11 landing site, each taken under different lighting conditions and at lower resolution than this image. This is LROC's first picture of Apollo 11 after LRO dropped into its 50 km mapping orbit. At this altitude, very small details of Tranquility Base can be discerned. The footpads of the LM are clearly discernible. Components of the Early Apollo Science Experiments Package (EASEP) are easily seen, as well. Boulders from West Crater lying on the surface to the east stand out, and the many small craters that cover the moon are visible to the southeast.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/lroc_200911109_apollo11.html

:shakehead :?: :mrgreen:

My version of "The Eagle has landed." = The USA has plastered its hoax!

:dunno

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 am
Profile WWW

And the biggest proof for me personally that the Moon landings were a hoax:

All the landing pix of the Moon have No Stars!

Why did the Russians show stars on their lander pix?

Sorry - no cigar!

:popcorn

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:21 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
And the biggest proof for me personally that the Moon landings were a hoax:

All the landing pix of the Moon have No Stars!

Why did the Russians show stars on their lander pix?

Sorry - no cigar!

:popcorn

:crylaugh

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:43 am
Profile YIM