It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

"Meteor" turns night into day 

Post "Meteor" turns night into day
(I'm not sure where to put this; I'll leave it here for now since the most likely explanation is incoming from space.) :dunno

Bright flash turns night into day
video at link below
November 18th, 2009 @ 8:47am

SALT LAKE CITY -- A fast moving meteor lit up the night skies over most of Utah just after midnight Wednesday.

KSL News has received hundreds of calls from people who saw it, from southern Utah to southern Idaho. There also are reports of people seeing it from Las Vegas and areas of California. Witnesses report a flash so bright it lit up the entire sky for a couple of seconds.

Don White was in Wyoming and tells KSL Newsradio for a moment he suspected a nuclear strike. "With something that brilliant and that fast, it was like, whoa, did we just get hit or something? It would have been some bigger noise I guess if a nuclear device had gone off," he said.

"It lasted for about eight to 10 seconds," he continued. "I think for about the last three to four seconds of that it was as light as day. I could see the bushes off to the right of the road. It was completely lit up. You'll see the meteors flying across the sky and everything, but I've never seen one come that close."

Some people also reported a slight rumbling sound a few seconds after the flash. One caller told us it knocked a few items off her shelf.

One resident who lives in Cedar City said she could see the mountains and her grass for a few seconds.

Another resident in Bountiful said the sky was so bright, it shut off the light-sensored street lights for a few seconds.

Patrick Wiggins, who is a NASA ambassador living in Tooele County, says the bright light is most likely a bolide meteor.

The Earth is passing the Leonids right now, which is one of the most spectacular meteor shower shows that can be seen every year.

Wiggins says a bolide meteor creates an intense flash that is rare but happens from time to time.

According to Wiggins, it's also possible the meteor may have broken apart in our atmosphere causing some rocks to land, though the size of the rocks wouldn't be very large.

However, with reports from people who've seen the flash coming in from such a large area, Wiggins says the chances of somebody actually finding a meteor rock are small.

KSL also received video clips of the meteor from Utah residents. Click on the video links to the right to watch the clips.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8714738

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: "Meteor" turns night into day
Already discrepancies (spin) are being seen in this story. From the original account:

Quote:
Some people are also reporting a slight rumbling sound a few seconds after the flash. One caller told us it knocked a few items off her shelf.

Yet the reporter in the video at the above link said that a "rumble" was heard 5 minutes after the light. This supposedly was the "sonic boom" from the bolide meteor moving through the atmosphere, and because it was five minutes from light to sound that means that it was very far away. (I forget what the guy said.) Which is true?

There is a thread at GLP talking about this with eyewitness accounts from So. Cal, Nevada, Idaho. Apparently this sudden bright light covered the whole of the western US and inland to Carlin, Nevada and Las Vegas. One poster mentioned that it was "interesting" that the shuttle had just gone up. Another posted a link to the patch for this shuttle mission, and the West Coast is highlighted. Not commenting, just posting. ;)

Another poster mentioned the similarity between the Space Shuttle patch above, and this symbol of Freemasonry:

All that notwithstanding, the event did occur, was reported by hundreds, thousands of people, and recorded on surveillance videos.

Something else struck me - a while ago one of the posters I was following named Spirit Man said that something very large would be "incoming soon". Then there is the Blue Kachina star..... I don't know if this would qualify.

(Mods, if you think this should be in a a different place, please feel free to move.)

edited once by ruts at 4:34pm on 11/18/2009 to add content.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Rutsie - I uploaded the actual photo and replaced your link. The link was only showing the GLP logo - some mod at GLP disabled the linked photo. :wavey

Interesting! :hmm

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks, BB, I was going to go to the original source and link from there - I should have. yes very interesting. Also interesting how the "eyewitness accounts" differ now from those given spontaneously when the event occurred.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:33 pm
Profile YIM

more on bright light - personal experience quotes can't be verified - may just be attention seekers.

Quote:
I just called a friend that lives in Utah. he is a radiologist and by law has to wear a dosimeter to work. Well he always leaves it on his ID tag that hangs in his car. Well this morning it was up "3 ticks" (whatever that means) from its reading when he left work. He says normally there is ZERO change!!

from Spaceweather.com
Quote:
EXPLODING METEOR: A remarkable midnight fireball that "turned night into day" over parts of the western United States last night was not a Leonid. Infrasound measurements suggest a sporadic asteroid not associated with the Leonid debris stream. The space rock exploded in the atmosphere with an energy equivalent to 0.5 - 1 kilotons of TNT. Approximately 6 hours later, observers in Utah and Colorado witnessed a twisting iridescent-blue cloud in the dawn sky. Debris from the fireball should have disipated by that time, but the cloud remains unexplained; we cannot yet rule out a connection to the fireball event. Stay tuned for further analysis. videos: #1, #2.

also from spaceweather.com, an image of the "iridescent-blue cloud" mentioned in the above quotation

Nov. 18, 2009
Looking South East of SLC, UT just before dawn 11/18/2009
Details:
First appeared as a ring when the eastern sky was dark. Disappeared completely as the sun came up

http://www.spaceweather.com/

posted at 12:02pmET
Quote:
About 30 minutes ago (2:30am here) in South East Queensland Australia, we had the same thing. We did have a thunderstorm last night, but this was not one. There was no noise, no spikes of lightning, just a big flash which lit up the whole sky for a second or two. Most people would dismiss it as a random flash of lightning, but it was not.

These were from the comments section of the ksl video:
Quote:
Something is fishy folks. Whatever it was landed near Grantsville. A friend said his house shook when it hit. He got out in his car and went to look, the police and authorities had the whole area blocked off and taped off not letting anyone near the area. Many news trucks were there. Why isn't the news reporting this. I am telling you this was not I repeat this WAS NOT a meteor. They don't have police and other military etc blocking off an area where a meteor hit. And to have the news media out there and they aren't reporting any of this. I tell you, this is something very fishy and we are not getting the real true story here.

Quote:
Kind of strange that according to a NASA ambassador here in Utah that it most likely hit Dugway Proving Grounds. "Based on the speed of sound, he estimates the meteor may have impacted in the Dugway Proving Grounds, about 100 miles southwest of Salt Lake City."

Quote:
I live in Northern Colorado and saw this while driving home last night. It was at 12:05 AM and lit up the sky to my west behind the rockies. Seemed too bright to be lightning and there were no clouds out. It was a quick flash followed by a glow and defiantly lasted 2 seconds.

Here are two more videos of the flash taken in Utah:

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Wow Rutsie those videos are truly bizarre :dunno

I will be interested to see what this is, there's NO WAY that was a meteor IMHO as I belive it would have lastes allot longer and I don't think it was the shuttle either which begs the question, what the hell is it :hmm

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:06 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

GTAdmin wrote:
Wow Rutsie those videos are truly bizarre :dunno

I will be interested to see what this is, there's NO WAY that was a meteor IMHO as I belive it would have lastes allot longer and I don't think it was the shuttle either which begs the question, what the hell is it :hmm

Hello GTA, another one on Sudafrica, you may see the vid:

and

Quoted:
24 November 2009 - 06:28

This is Shane Pinchen’s, from the Northern Tuli Game Reserve in Botswana, account of what he saw.
On Saturday 21st November 2009 at 10.50pm, with a barometric pressure of 1030 millibars, & a clear sky with no clouds, the night sky was lit up with a white blinding light stretching across the eastern portion of the sky, midway between the centre (directly above where I stood) & the horizon.

These Meteorite created a complete daylight effect as far as I could see, except it was like a quartz halogen pure white light, which gradually faded to a yellow light & then lasted approximately 4 seconds. The dust trail remained illuminated like a huge long cloud & gradually faded taking a further _+_60 seconds.

I was standing outside in absolute awe & wonder, when at 10.51pm huge resounding explosions that sounded exactly like dynamite & I counted 14 of these, & then it was all over.

The reason, for the _+_60 second delay was that light travels so much faster than sound & (it takes sunlight only 8 minutes to travel 150 million kilometers to reach us on planet earth, where as speed of sound travels at _+_870 times slower than light. (Depending on temperature & air density).

Our guests as well as our staff were in their rooms, but were so spooked by this incident that their imaginations all ran wild & they were convinced that the martians had landed on our property.

In the 25 years that I have been watching the night skies, I have never witnessed anything of this magnitude.

I'm looking around to see if there maybe some meteorite that didn't burn up, but thus far we haven't come across anything.
end quoted
http://www.jacarandafm.com/kagiso/conte ... the-meteor

Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Just a comparative of these events:

October 8 Indonesia:

October 14 Netherlands

Utah Event November

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Incoming incoming... duck and cover. I have seen meteors that left smoke like that, freaky... Time to buy the old mine and set up housekeeping.. :awe

Leo

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Site Admin

Thanks recall I had not seen those vids before

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

More events:

Alberta, Canada November 20:

Biggar, Saskatchewan November 20:

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Geminid Meteor Shower 2009

There was a big meteor, across the horizon at 28 seconds.

another one...

12/07/09

Geminid Fireball

12/11/09

12/14/09

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Very Cool thanks Recall :clap :clap

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

:hmm Is it just me or is more stuff falling than normal?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

rutsuyasun wrote:
Already discrepancies (spin) are being seen in this story. From the original account:

snip

Something else struck me - a while ago one of the posters I was following named Spirit Man said that something very large would be "incoming soon". Then there is the Blue Kachina star..... I don't know if this would qualify.

(Mods, if you think this should be in a a different place, please feel free to move.)

edited once by ruts at 4:34pm on 11/18/2009 to add content.

I just ran across something by one of the posters at GLP which I find an interesting comment on the blue light, and along my line of thought...... I have been checking every once in a while to see if I could find an account of a dance or festival in Hopi lands where a Kachina took off his mask before "the children". I read an interpretation of this prophecy that said the children refers to us - those of mankind who are not aware of the Hopi prophecies.

ºEATº
Quote:
HOPI's BLUE STAR KACHINA TAKING OFF MASK and dancing is a SPIRAL

The blue star is not Comet Holmes because it was hard to see with the naked eye. HOPI prophecy does not require the use of a telescope for verification.

The blue star dancing has to be VERY obvious from observers on Earth using the naked eye.
Yesterday's spiral SURE LOOKED LIKE A STAR that took off it's mask and started dancing.

Quote:
Hopi Blue Star or Blue Kachina Prophecy

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Friday, January 22, 2010
KTVQ-TV in Billings, Montana discovered this video of a meteor falling across the night sky.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/national/ ... ape/99315/

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:06 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Quote:
I just ran across something by one of the posters at GLP which I find an interesting comment on the blue light, and along my line of thought...... I have been checking every once in a while to see if I could find an account of a dance or festival in Hopi lands where a Kachina took off his mask before "the children". I read an interpretation of this prophecy that said the children refers to us - those of mankind who are not aware of the Hopi prophecies.

Image of the Dark Twin near the Moon aka The Blue Kachina:
(1)
Quote:
Saturday, 16 January 2010
A friend of mine fossileyesed from British Columbia took these pictures earlier this month, I have studied them and for the life of me I can't imagine what the blue globe can be, it looks like a planet but it can't be can it? I have sent a message to fossileyesed and asked him for more information but he hasn't got back to me yet, is there an expert reading this who can explain what this planet looking thing could be, it's much too big to be Mercury Venus or Saturn and I myself don't have a clue except, I do know it shouldn't be there!

(1)
http://gazbom.blogspot.com/2010/01/what ... ng-be.html

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

15-02-2013 Russian Meteor Shower Compilation Vid:

Also the RT News about this event: (1)

Quote:
Around 950 people have sought medical attention in Chelyabinsk alone because of the disaster, the region's governor Mikhail Yurevich told RIA Novosti. Over 110 of them have been hospitalized and two of them are in heavy condition. Among the injured there are 159 children, Emergency ministry reported.

Army units found three meteorite debris impact sites, two of which are in an area near Chebarkul Lake, west of Chelyabinsk. The third site was found some 80 kilometers further to the northwest, near the town of Zlatoust. One of the fragments that struck near Chebarkul left a crater six meters in diameter.

Notes:
(1)
http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-ural ... binsk-283/

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:43 am
Profile WWW

Another meteorite exploded over a town in Cuba, also today.

(Google translation of an article in an Italian newspaper.)

Quote:
In a notice issued this morning by Rodas, municipality of the province of Cienfuegos, the witnesses have described a very intense light which arrived to have important dimensions, comparable to those of a bus, before exploding in heaven.

Residents of a locality in the central region of Cuba have stated that he saw an object that fell from the sky and that exploded with a great roar, that did shake the houses of the place

http://www.rainews24.rai.it

edited by rutsuyasun to add: I found another account in a Spanish language newspaper which indicates that the Cuban explosion took place Wednesday, not today.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:42 am
Profile YIM

Watch: Fireball Streaks Across Bay Area Sky
Chabot astronomers in Oakland said Friday night's light show was not related to the asteroid passing near Earth

On a day that had a lot of people talking about meteorites and asteroids, a fireball of some sort was seen streaking across the Bay Area skies.

The fireball was seen around 7:45 p.m.

There were reports into the newsroom from people as far north as Fairfield and as far south as Gilroy. It was also seen in Sacramento, Newark, Walnut Creek, and St. Helena.

It was bluish in color and appeared to be heading straight to the ground, according to one viewer in Santa Clara.

Con. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Fi ... 03601.html

An interesting side-bar, or maybe not so on the side, to this story is that on the same day, in the same area, Thousands of Dolphins (were) Spotted Near San Diego for more on the dolphins, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4371

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

[quote="rutsuyasun"]Another meteorite exploded over a town in Cuba, also today.

(Google translation of an article in an Italian newspaper.)
i find the vid of this one

Also the Saudi Arabi one @ 17-02-2013

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm
Profile WWW