It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:28 am

State Funded Psychic Research 
Truth Seeker

Post State Funded Psychic Research
(The following story is TRUE. Only the names of persons and places have been changed to protect the innocent.)

In 1996 I was living in a small duplex in College Dist, ID. I had been living there for about 6 months, when one day in the mail I received a curious letter. Upon removing it from my box, I immediately saw that it was from my State of residence, and was addressed to me.

I was very puzzled. I was not expecting anything from my State, so I immediately opened the letter to see what was inside. The letter was from The Idaho State Department for Psychic Research and Development. My jaw literally dropped as I began to read it's contents.

It was a letter offering councilor services for what they knew, often times, to be a difficult transition ahead of me. They wished to offer their support, and tutorship, with my new found abilities. I was absolutely floored. I just kept reading it over, and over. My name was in the introduction (minus the middle initial) "Dear Kevin Smith," it was clearly addressed to me, but I had never heard that Idaho had a Department for Psychic Research and Development; and, how had they heard about ME?

I have always accepted the possibility of extra sensory perception, telepathy, God, the whole realm of the metaphysical. However, this was completely bizarre to me. Why was I receiving this letter? When did we start paying for that research? What do I do now? I called my mother.

While waiting for her to answer, I quickly read through the letter again. It was on State embossed paper, and had all the identifying marks of official paperwork. My mother answered, and I quickly began filling her in on the details of the letter. She seemed incredulous, which I understood. It was at that point that I flipped the letter over and checked the address again.

Kevin H. Smith
3418 SW 68th plc Ct E
College District, Id 73402

Wait a minute . . .my name is Kevin A. Smith, but that is my address! How did I see that H. as an A.? I told my mother it was a mistake and ended the conversation. My next thought was that I had just committed mail fraud! Oh crap! So . . .I destroyed the evidence. (I found out later that the statute of limitations is only 5 years. If I had known this then, I would have saved the letter and posted it today. I was youngish, and fearful of prosecution.)

I then contacted my landlord, who had owned the property since 1962. I asked him if there had ever been a Kevin H. Smith that lived at the property. He said, "No."
I have been wondering about that letter ever since. I have also tried to do a number of searches for The Idaho State Department for Psychic Research and Development. Back in 1996-1999 I found some secure web-sites that were linked within other State agency sites that came up when I searched. Today? Nothing . . .

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 am
Site Admin

Post Re: State Funded Psychic Research
:shock:

DP - welcome to the forum! :wavey

I now have goose bumps thanks to you! :roflmao :crylaugh

Brrrrie that is too creepy/weird for words. :hmm :dunno

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 pm
Site Admin

Very interesting story DP and welcome to the GT :wavey

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Yes we've all had our "this can't be true but it is" about things I have people come up to me that I don't even know (haven't seen before) and they somehow know my name I'm like Err.. yeah how the F :censor do you know my name... I'm like "Okaaaaay"

Me being psychic doesn't help in the matter anyhow..

It is Annoying :headbang I've also had Missing time :huh I was playing the N64 banjo-kazooie when I had a UFO fly over it was 9:30pm everything went yellow not unlike the X-files abduction and all the electronics blinked on and off for about 1 minute when I looked down it was 12:30pm I do remember saying something to the effect of "guys not right now" after that I had strange dreams that night of people with GOLDEN HAIR talking to me and me looking down at the tree tops :shock:

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:47 am
Profile YIM