It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

Letter from Aliens - Do we want them? 
Truth Seeker

Post Letter from Aliens - Do we want them?
Found this. Sorry if already posted but a worthwhile read. It's a quite a long read but none the less interesting.

I said yes. If you do read the link please share your thoughts.

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2010/06/extraterrestrial-speaks.html

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:48 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Letter from Aliens - Do we want them?
Quote:
It is all about your future. It is all about your evolution.

I say no. If it is truly about our future and our evolution, don't you think we should discover this future and evolve on our own?

Who's to say these "beings" will not further enslave us?

Why is it that we humans continue to believe that "aliens" are so much smarter than we are?

Why is it that we humans continue to believe that "aliens" will solve all our problems and lead us to Nirvana?

We are captains of our own ships and masters of our own destinies. We must evolve further at our own pace and at our own time to fully engage with the Universe, IMHO.

Superman is not coming to save us.

To survive as a species, we must reconnect with the Earth and all her creatures.

We must truly "love one another" and forego war and terrorism.

We live on a unique big blue marble. This Earth is unlike any other planet we've discovered so far. She is our Mother and everything we need to thrive as a species is contained right here.

Jest my two cents... :heart

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am
Truth Seeker

Post Re: Letter from Aliens - Do we want them?
Hi Bluebonnet.

Quote:
I say no. If it is truly about our future and our evolution, don't you think we should discover this future and evolve on our own?

I believe we can still discover and evolve on our own even with the interaction with other races.

Quote:
Who's to say these "beings" will not further enslave us?

True. But this can be said of any new interaction with any first contact. When you walk pass someone in the street, you don't know if they will kill you, but that doesn't mean you don't venture outside.

Quote:
Why is it that we humans continue to believe that "aliens" are so much smarter than we are?

We don't have to believe they are smarter. I believe the letter states also we should not see them as smarter.

Quote:
Why is it that we humans continue to believe that "aliens" will solve all our problems and lead us to Nirvana?

True. Many human's do. Many Human's even confronted with options to save themself of any situation will do nothing. Why do people believe God will return and give us peace?

Quote:
We are captains of our own ships and masters of our own destinies. We must evolve further at our own pace and at our own time to fully engage with the Universe, IMHO.

Spot on. We each have control over who and what we are. I am sure when the time comes if it does many people will choose to take 3rd Den and not move forward.

Quote:
We live on a unique big blue marble.

I would need to travel the Universe to confirm that ;)

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am