It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

Wilton Windmill, nr Wilton, Wiltshire. Reported 22nd May 
Site Admin

Post Wilton Windmill, nr Wilton, Wiltshire. Reported 22nd May
Oh wow! Just wow!

This formation was reported to me soon after 12 noon today and is in oil seed rape adjacent to the Wilton Windmill http://www.wiltshiretouristguide.com. It is approx:200 ft in diameter.

How I wish Paul Vigay were alive, as to me this definitely represents some sort of communication, whether it be in binary, maths or music. It certainly resemble a computer disc? Any explanation most welcome as I believe this is important.

Lucy Pringle

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2010/wilton/wilton2010a.html

Sun May 23, 2010 9:22 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Wilton Windmill, nr Wilton, Wiltshire. Reported 22nd May
Here's an update!

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2010/wilton/articles.html

First reported on May 22, 2010, a new formation at the Wilton Windmill, near Wilton, Wiltshire is a clear harbinger of what could be a major communication event this season. As always, Mark Fussell and Stuart Dike of the Crop Circle Connector web site are on the case and doing a brilliant job of it.

Assuming the authenticity of the formation (approx. 200' diameter) is confirmed with verifiable field reports, 2010 could become a pivotal year in crop circle research. This is because the binary encoded structure of this formation clearly demonstrates that the message makers have clearly established a perceptual communication protocol for a series of future formations.

“It Certainly Resembles a Computer Disc?”
In the Crop Circle Connector report, Lucy Pringle states: “It certainly resembles a computer disc? Any explanation most welcome as I believe this is important.” Lucy is on the right track, because this is clearly a computer related glyph.

However, not in the modern sense, as most would assume. Rather, the Wilton Windmill formation offers a perfect representation of a hard drive platter. :shock:

Unlike a DVD or CD, a hard drive platter is housed inside the hermetically sealed housing of the hard drive installed in our laptops, computers and other such devices.

The reason hard disk drive have more storage capacity than a single DVD or Blu-ray disc, is that they can use a stack of platters to multiply the capacity. The next order of business is to organize the data stored on the hard drive platters so that it can be used reliably. This is done using tracks, cylinders and sectors.

On the Crop Circle Connector site, Andreas Muller posted a preliminary diagram of the formation. Next to it, is a Wikipedia image of how the data on a hard drive platter is organized.

If this doesn't send shiver down your back, you're going to love what comes next.

Shades of V'ger Past
In the first Star Trek film, a Voyager probe leaves the solar system and returns as a planet-eating behemoth named V'ger. The point here is that space junk can come back at you in the oddest ways.

This in turn raises an interesting possibility. With all the junk in orbit over our heads, there's got to be a few old had drives here and there. (Kinda handy when you come to the think about it.) So what would it look like?

The hard drive platter you're seeing in the illustration above, is decades old. A relic of the late 20th century. Just like a lot of the junk in orbit over our heads. The possibilities are endless, but more importantly, what should be looking for next?

Keeping an Eye Out
I'm am so looking forward to reading the Wilton Crop Circle field reports when they come out. Once the formation have vetted and is determined to be non-anthropomorphic (a fancy term for 2 drunk jerks with planks didn't make it), the game is afoot and something big is coming.

This formation takes me back to the famous Alien holding a disc formation that appeared in Crabwood England on August 15, 2002.

Later when I founded the Sagan Continuation Project in 2003, I was haunted by the last two words from the translation of the Data-CD glyph in the formation, by Maurice Osborn.

"Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We oppose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING,"

Those two words “COnduit CLOSING,” hung like a dark cloud. Now, could the conduit be opening again? If so, the comma does give one hope and so I wrote a reply some 7 years ago.

We WELCOME all who RESPECT our FREE WILL. If you CHOOSE to HELP, then help us to help ourselves. There is GOOD HERE too. WE LOOK for a reply,

Maurice event went to England and created his own crop circle using this message and since then, I've included it on every page and email sent from our site.

This is not to suggest that the message makers are answering us, however if this formation is genuine, it will mean that the dialog is changing. Sacred geometry may no longer be the king of the hill as it looks like we're about to go digital in a much bigger way.

If so, what am I on the lookout for? In a word, “dimensions.” I'll be looking for any new binary encoded formation. Especially those that form with multiple glyphs all at once, or over a period of days.

Also, any series of related formations with similar dimensions, such that you could literally assemble them like a stack of platters in a hard drive.

Something like that could certainly take the conversation to a whole new level. It's kinda cool when you think about it. Needless to say, I am looking forward to an interesting season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From down here in Australia I have some comments about the Wilton Windmill Crop Circle, 22 May 2010.

Like the other researchers, when analyzing the binary information in the image, I came up with the text e^(hi)pi)1=0. I, too, think this is a clear reference to Euler’s identity, but the question kept coming to me, “Why did they make mistakes?” The intent of the equation is there, but why did they not ‘get it right’, for example by encoding the equation as e^(i*pi)+1=0? I can imagine them having a bit of fun, by turning i-pi into hi-pi. But why replace the ‘+’ with a ‘)’? The Circlemakers don’t ‘get it wrong’! When you look at the perfection of some of their previous designs, it is breathtaking: something that clearly separates them from the inept fakes. But when we examine the Wilton Windmill design itself, the ‘error’ is not subtle; it is there, bold as brass, a 1 instead of a 0.

OK, so let’s assume the Circlemakers don’t make mistakes—that implies there’s something else going on here. What could that be? Well, there’s something else odd about the encoding, about the construction of the entire design. The 7-bit binary coding is written along each of the ‘spokes’ of the design, but the information is duplicated. If you examine each spoke, a ‘bar’ on one side invariably has a ‘blank’, or ‘lack of bar’ on the other side. For example, take the character ‘e’ that has been identified in the design. This comes from the spoke highlighted below:

Let’s look at the clockwise side of the spoke. If we take flattened crop (dark line) as a ‘1’, and non-flattened crop as a ‘0’, and read from the inside to the outside, ignoring the innermost of the 8 ‘tracks’, we get the following 7-bit binary number: 1100101. In decimal this is 101, which on the ASCII chart is the character ‘e’. Continuing clockwise, doing the same with each spoke, we get the whole ‘message’, e^(hi)pi)1=0.

OK, well and good. But why is the same information coded as its inverse on the anticlockwise side of each spoke? And why is the innermost track, track 8, there at all? This track contains no ASCII information: it is just alternating ‘1s’ and ‘0s’ as you go around the circle. For each spoke, on one side it is a ‘1’, and on the other side a ‘0’. Why is it there? We could easily find the message e^(hi)pi)1=0 without it. What, then, is it telling us?

I think it is telling us that there are two messages on each spoke, one coded with a dark bar (flattened crop) being a ‘1’ and the other with a dark bar being a ‘0’. Let’s look at that. If we follow the above process, going clockwise around the spokes (the same way as the windmill in the background), ignoring the innermost track, decoding the clockwise side of the spokes, reading from inwards to outwards, with flattened crop as a ‘1’, we get:

snip - go to site to see table - didn't transfer well.

This is our familiar reference to Euler’s identity. But now let’s use the other side of each spoke. This is the same information, of course, but it’s inverted. The above list of binary numbers becomes:

snip - go to site
The column on the right shows the corresponding ASCII decoding. N/P means that the number decodes to a non-printing ASCII character, such as an escape key or a control code. As you can see, there is no meaningful information encoded there. But what say we read this side of the spoke from outward to inward, instead of inward to outward as we did with the other side of the spoke? Our decoding becomes:

snip again

Suddenly we seem to have a message! It reads,

,But45x459!y

What does it mean? Is it there deliberately? I think it definitely is there deliberately, and here is why. Looking at the crop circle as a whole, there can be no doubt that it is meant as a message, and the Circlemakers have a history of using ASCII encoding to communicate. It is no surprise, then, to find the message e^(hi)pi)1=0 encoded there. They seem to have a penchant for mathematical encodings, including Pi encoded in a previous crop circle. So finding Euler’s identity in a crop circle is charming, but not unexpected. However, given that there is one twelve-character message encoded in the design, what is the probability of having another printable message encoded by the double-reverse means outlined above? Well, we can work it out. Conditional probability is given by the formula:

This states that the probability of event A occurring, given that event B has already occurred is the probability of both A and B occurring, divided by the probability of event B occurring. If we think about two messages being encoded in the crop circle, then let’s call the first message ‘Sense 1’ and the second ‘Sense 2’. Sense 1 is decoded by the first method above, giving “e^(hi)pi)1=0”, and Sense 2 is decoded by the subsequent method above, giving “,But45x459!y”. Without even thinking about the meaning of the decoding, what is the probability of there being a printable ASCII character in Sense 2, given that there is one in Sense 1? For each spoke, the probability of both Sense 1 and Sense 2 decoding representing a printable ASCII character is 69/128, or 0.54. (You can figure this out by drawing up a table of all possible 7-bit ASCII characters, and checking the decoding of Sense 1 and Sense 2.) The probability of Sense 1 being a printable ASCII character is 95/128, or 0.74. So for each spoke the probability of Sense 2 decoding being a printable ASCII character, given that Sense 1 is already a printable ASCII character is 0.54/0.74, or 0.73. This is for each spoke. Now, we have 12 spokes. Since we are ignoring meaning for the moment, we can treat them all as independent. If the probability of Sense 2 being a printable ASCII character, given that Sense 1 is a printable ASCII character, is 0.73 for each spoke, what is the probability of this being true for all 12 spokes? It is 0.73^12, or 0.02—i.e. a 2% chance.

In other words, by mathematics, the chance of there being a second printable message encoded on top of the first, by pure chance, is only 2%. This level is generally regarded as statistically significant, but I think that the actual probability of this being a chance occurrence is even less than this. This is for two main reasons.

Firstly, there are the clues in the circle design that there is a second message. There is the redundancy of presentation of the information, with the redundant information being inverted to give us a clue as to how to decode it. The inner track contains no information apart from alternating 1s and 0s—a pointer that we should use both black-as-1 and black-as-0 in our decoding.

Secondly, in the Sense 1 decoding, it is quite clear that reference is being made to Euler’s identity, but there are mistakes. At first glance they seem unnecessary, but there is no escaping the fact that they seem to be there deliberately. And that brings us on to meaning. Imagine the difficulty of constructing two meaningful statements to be simultaneously present in the same 12*7 bit encryption, just needing two different methods of decoding. It boggles the mind! The above probability analysis simply finds the probability of any printable text being present in the Sense 2 decoding, and even that is only 2%. And yet here we have something that gives a good approximation of Euler’s identity in one decoding, and something else that seems meaningful in another decoding. I firmly feel it is not there by accident. Before moving on to what it might mean, I would just add that we can now see the reason why the ‘+’ cannot be present in the Sense 1 decoding of Euler’s identity. If this were present in Sense 1, then the character decoded in Sense 2 would have to be a non-printing character (ASCII 21, the control signal for ‘negative acknowlege’, clearly meaningless in a message).

Our Sense 2 decoding is “,But45x459!y”. This is not only printable, but looks to have some sort of meaning. What is it? I would be very grateful for any opinions! Does 45x459 mean a grid of some sort? Or are we supposed to do the multiplication? 45*459=20655. Does this number mean anything to anyone? One thought of mine is that the circle appeared on 22 May 2010. 20655 hours after this date brings us to 28 September 2012. Why should we think of 20655 as hours? Well, the information is presented to us as a circle divided into twelve segments—the parallel with a clock face divided into twelve hours is evident.

Is 28 September 2012 when the Earth changes are going to begin? Euler’s identity, the Sense 1 decoding, is widely regarded as the most perfect equation in mathematics, bringing together all the major foundations of mathematics in one formula. Perhaps the Sense 2 decoding is telling us, “Yes, this is perfect, but it doesn’t stop there! Wait until you see what begins 28 September 2012! Yes!” That’s just one thought.

Anyway, these are my ideas on this remarkable crop circle. I would suggest that far from this being a flawed attempt to communicate Euler’s identity, it is in fact an astonishingly accomplished dual message—and, as always, a message of hope!

JPC

Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

Hey BB - stumbled on this version of the CC listed:

Crop circle hiding 'beautiful' maths formula appears in rape seed field

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1280930/Complex-crop-circle-appears-rape-seed-field--does-mean.html#ixzz0qBIIZpGD

An extraordinary crop circle based on the 'world's most beautiful maths theorem' has appeared in a field next to a windmill in Wiltshire.
The complex disc, which measures 300ft across, appeared to the east of Wilton Windmill near Marlborough in a blazing yellow rape seed field.
It appeared on Saturday just 25miles from another circle that popped up a fortnight ago by the Iron Age hill fort of Old Sarum.

The latest circle appears to be based on a mathematical formula. It appeared on Saturday in Wiltshire

Lucy Pringle, a renowned crop circle researcher was puzzled by what appears to be a hidden code based on complex numbers within the shape.

She said: 'I believe it contains binary, a numeral system, or base-2 number system that represents numeric values using two symbols, 0 and 1.

'Working from the centre outwards, people are suggesting it has a connection to Leonhard Euler's theorem e^(i)pi+1=0 which is thought to be one of the most beautiful theorems in mathematics.'
She added that it could even contain a hidden tune.

'Historically over the years, crop circles have been associated with diatonic scales (white notes on the piano),' she said.
'These diatonic scale frequencies are encoded in each segment of the crop circle and can be played on the piano.

'This is a unique formation incorporating both music and mathematics and is similar in importance to the famous 2008 Barbury Castle Pi event.'

Another crop circle expert said everyone can draw their own conclusions from the circles, adding: 'The thing about maths and the circles is that you are dealing with something which isn't an exact science so one person may decode the circles as having diatonic ratios, the other may find meaning in binary numbers or astrological cycles.

'The only possible explanation which covers all areas would be humans, however this can only be a problematic relationship shared by creaters and researchers since the [UFO] researchers hate the idea that a sense of wonder and optimism is quoshed by the admittance of human involvement.'
Carved out in a barley field, the Barbury Castle crop circle was a pictorial representation of the first ten digits of Pi, one of the most fundamental symbols in mathematics. The image was an example of what is known as a fractal, or geometric pattern.
It was solved by astrophysicist Mike Reed who saw a picture of the crop circle and made the mathematical link.
Crop circle designs have developed from simple circles in the 1970s to pictorial designs in the late 1980s and binary number designers from 2001

Number's up: The famous Barbury Castle crop circle. The astrophysicist Mike Reed realised it represented the first 10 digits of pi (3.141592654)

:tounge

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

:clap :heart Sky!

Love it, love it, love it!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 am
Site Admin

WOW :clap :clap

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 am