It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

Are we starving to death 
GT Truther

Post Are we starving to death
:hmm wonder why children consume so much food maybe they are NOTHING OUT OF IT! (fatties anyone)

http://www.eat-well-to-be-well.com/mixtures.htm

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Are we starving to death
Absolutely, freak. There are whole aisles at the grocery store I no longer even go down.

I shop the perimeter of the grocery store. In the US, all the fresh foods are located on the outside walls of the store. Makes for a long walk - but I can use it! :mrgreen:

40 pounds and counting! :heart :lol

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:51 pm

You go girl! I am now borderline diabetic and HAVE to lose weight and exercise. I go to the fresh foods too.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Water Crackers are also good for Diabetics!
bread is LOADED with salts not good

diabetic pancakes

http://www.informationaboutdiabetes.com/Pancake.htm

coconut oil reverses diabetes
http://disease.holplus.com/Conditions/Diabetes/The-Only-Oil-for-Diabetics.html

Diabetes:
In this article, we learn about the coconut oil health benefit to diabetics. One of the many plagues of modern society is diabetes. The incidence has risen from almost nothing a century ago to a level of major concern today. It is now one of the biggest killers in the western world. Diabetes not only can cause death but can lead to kidney disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, cataracts, nerve damage, hearing loss, and blindness. It is estimated that 45 percent of the population is at risk of developing diabetes.
Diabetes is all about sugar - the sugar in our bodies known as blood sugar or blood glucose. Every cell in our bodies must have a constant source of glucose in order to fuel metabolism. Our cells use glucose to power processes such as growth and repair. When we eat a meal the digestive system converts much of our food into glucose which is released into the bloodstream. The hormone insulin, which is secreted by the pancreas gland, moves glucose from the blood and funnels it into the cells so it can be used as fuel. If the cells are unable to get adequate amounts of glucose they can literally starve to death. As they do, tissues and organs begin to degenerate. This is what happens in diabetes.

A diet high in refined polyunsaturated vegetable oils promotes diabetes. A diet low in such oils helps to alleviate symptoms. Because fats also promote weight gain, it's best to avoid them as much as possible.

However, research shows that there is one fat that diabetics can eat without fear. That fat is coconut oil. Not only does it not contribute to diabetes, but it helps regulate blood sugar, thus lessening the effects of the disease. The Nauru people consumed large amounts of coconut oil for generations without ever encountering diabetes, but when they abandoned it for other foods and oils the results were disastrous. Therefore, one coconut oil health benefit is that it prevents diabetes.

If you are a diabetic or borderline diabetic, consumption of most fats should be avoided. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is different. Because it helps stabilise blood glucose levels and aids in shedding excess body weight, it is probably the only oil a diabetic should eat. That is the coconut oil health benefit for diabetics.

Click here to find out more about Virgin Coconut Oil at => http://www.VirginCoconutOilBenefit.com

Feel free to use this article with the author name and website included http://www.VirginCoconutOilBenefit.com

John Goh enjoys writing about virgin coconut oil and sharing about the benefits of this natural product

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:48 pm
Profile YIM

fr33k has it on the money rutsy!

Coconut oil IS the best omega you can forgive your diet to. Processed fats like Sunflower oil and margerine is the basic cause for your cells being converted to an impervious plastic wall, causing sugar spikes and eventual diabetic condition.

A proven remedy for diabetes I and II is to go onto a 30 day all green (organic if you can) diet which will strip out the negatives and leave you feeling healthey again. Shop foods and processed products like hydrogenated oils (trans fatty acids) and spoilt starches (over heated wheat from industrial milling plus all the psylium stripped off) are poison to the body!

Eat less fatty meats or go veggie! I have been on a veggie diet for 33 years now, and suffer no sicknesses or cold and flu's! No one will convince me otherwise anymore.

It's hard work, but I would rather be healthy than have to pay a doctor to lie to me and take meds!

:brockoli :brockoli

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 am
Profile WWW

As for salt, we only use Himalayan Rock Crystal salt. It's slightly more expensive but has more than a 100 different minerals in it. You won't believe how nice the bread is we bake from this and stone ground wheat only!

Yum!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Here's one thing I do:

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

Joined the movement 4 months ago. Loving every minute of it. You can't believe how energized you feel like Sky says above.

Am I ready to go completely vegan? Nope but I do limit all animal protein to only once a day - sometimes twice but that is usually a day when I eat fish and chicken.

Beef is limited to not more than once every couple of weeks or so.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:08 am
GT Truther

Hey all,

Where I just starting working (Gecko land), they are having a study where we can participate with a vegan weight loss program. I believe I am going to join it. There's a meeting this week about the details. I will give the website when I get it. I've got about 2 tons of "fun" to lose... :awe

Leo

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 am
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
fr33k has it on the money rutsy!

Coconut oil IS the best omega you can forgive your diet to. Processed fats like Sunflower oil and margerine is the basic cause for your cells being converted to an impervious plastic wall, causing sugar spikes and eventual diabetic condition.

A proven remedy for diabetes I and II is to go onto a 30 day all green (organic if you can) diet which will strip out the negatives and leave you feeling healthey again. Shop foods and processed products like hydrogenated oils (trans fatty acids) and spoilt starches (over heated wheat from industrial milling plus all the psylium stripped off) are poison to the body!

Eat less fatty meats or go veggie! I have been on a veggie diet for 33 years now, and suffer no sicknesses or cold and flu's! No one will convince me otherwise anymore.

It's hard work, but I would rather be healthy than have to pay a doctor to lie to me and take meds!

:brockoli :brockoli

Not only that but MANGOSTEEN is good if you can get it::

http://www.mangosteen.com/

Best to go to a nursery and buy the seeds (very expensive)

I used to eat these raw (don't ask but they were sweet I did however find some unripe ones and EWW.. they were sickly :crylaugh ) when we lived on a farm

REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO CRACK 'EM OPEN AND EAT THE WHITE BIT

you know what I thought about them they tasted a lot like a combination of strawberries 'n cream candies and honeycomb but that's because my taste receptors are a bit off because of my Asperger's syndrome COLA tastes slightly of LEMON to me I have Ultra high over-sensitive taste buds

used to have ultra high over-sensitive touch/smell/hearing

but bad eyesight I've still got the bad eyesight

glare is still a very bad problem for me it gives me an instant headache!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:39 pm
Profile YIM