It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

Food Trends That Need To Die in 2013 
Site Admin

Post Food Trends That Need To Die in 2013
Been reading about some food trends that need to die this year. Here's my list:

Cupcakes - puhlease! It is overdone and what is up with all the weird flavors lately? Buh bye!

Cake balls - this can be really good or terribly bad. Most home cooks make them terribly bad - please (I'm beggin' ya) give them up!

Sriracha - do you really need to put this in pancakes and cupcakes? Not!

Kale - I like kale. I eat kale. But can we stop putting this in everything?

Bacon - done - over - enough. Blech! Who wants to eat mounds of bacon anyway?

Jello shots - really? Really????? I thought these went out in the 1980's. Puhlease do everyone a favor and kill these off this year. Who needs a mango, sriracha, vodka, gin, kale jello shot in an orange slice? Blech!

Macaroni and cheese - can we puhlease go back to just plain ole ordinary mac n cheese? You know the kind your Mama made (or maybe your Grandmother)? The kind with Velveeta cheese? Do you really need 17 different kinds of cheeses and crab, sriracha and kale? Please?

Mounds of meat loaf with gravy boats on the side - 'nuff said. I love meat loaf - it is one of my favorite comfort foods from childhood. I don't need 42 pounds of it on my plate smothered in some kinda brown ucky gravy. :huh

Baja fish tacos - enough already. Some are really good and some are just downright nasty. Besides I don't want to eat this while I'm dressed up ummm kay? It gets all over me and gets too sloppy too fast. Fish tacos are fabulous to eat - at the BEACH! Not in some fanchy smanchy restaurant.

Pull apart bread - yep, I Pinterest and I'm really, really, really tired of this. Just how many pull apart bread recipes do you really need?

Stuffed French toast - really? Not enough calories in French toast for ya? Gotta stuff 'em with cream cheese and sriracha and kale? Stop. Just stop.

That's all I can think of right now - how bout you?

:mrgreen:

Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:12 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Food Trends That Need To Die in 2013
Bluebonnet wrote:
Been reading about some food trends that need to die this year. Here's my list:

Cupcakes - puhlease! It is overdone and what is up with all the weird flavors lately? Buh bye!

Cake balls - this can be really good or terribly bad. Most home cooks make them terribly bad - please (I'm beggin' ya) give them up!

Sriracha - do you really need to put this in pancakes and cupcakes? Not!

Kale - I like kale. I eat kale. But can we stop putting this in everything?

Bacon - done - over - enough. Blech! Who wants to eat mounds of bacon anyway?

Jello shots - really? Really????? I thought these went out in the 1980's. Puhlease do everyone a favor and kill these off this year. Who needs a mango, sriracha, vodka, gin, kale jello shot in an orange slice? Blech!

Macaroni and cheese - can we puhlease go back to just plain ole ordinary mac n cheese? You know the kind your Mama made (or maybe your Grandmother)? The kind with Velveeta cheese? Do you really need 17 different kinds of cheeses and crab, sriracha and kale? Please?

Mounds of meat loaf with gravy boats on the side - 'nuff said. I love meat loaf - it is one of my favorite comfort foods from childhood. I don't need 42 pounds of it on my plate smothered in some kinda brown ucky gravy. :huh

Baja fish tacos - enough already. Some are really good and some are just downright nasty. Besides I don't want to eat this while I'm dressed up ummm kay? It gets all over me and gets too sloppy too fast. Fish tacos are fabulous to eat - at the BEACH! Not in some fanchy smanchy restaurant.

Pull apart bread - yep, I Pinterest and I'm really, really, really tired of this. Just how many pull apart bread recipes do you really need?

Stuffed French toast - really? Not enough calories in French toast for ya? Gotta stuff 'em with cream cheese and sriracha and kale? Stop. Just stop.

That's all I can think of right now - how bout you?

:mrgreen:

Eww. Hot Sauce cupcakes and pancakes I read those pull apart bread recipes too... My brain hurts!

Not to mention all the STUFFED FRENCH TOAST recipes.. I'm going to have an Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute Heart Attack) and drop dead just thinking about it.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:52 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Food Trends That Need To Die in 2013
:crylaugh :spit :roflmao :slap

Freak! Thank you for the much needed laugh this morning. Really - some folks just need to chill out when it comes to food, right?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:52 am