It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am

Elsewhere 
Truth Seeker

Post Elsewhere
There's no chat thread anywhere. Very bad!!

I can't survive without a chat thread!!

This is sorta private but still sorta public so....

Thoughts?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 pm
Truth Seeker

Post Re: Elsewhere
Siam, if you are cruising by

I'm not going anywhere far, just outside of the main thread. It's off the radar for me and quite private, as I bet there's still about 90% of the GT'ers who never set foot outside.

Anyway, I am definately keen on knowing where I should post this sort of pointless thread, as I'll no doubt have many.

....or I could just keep rambling away in here to myself....

I'm good at that too:)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:02 pm
GT Truther

Hi Kate. You're right, I rarely go outside the GT proper, but I don't have blinders on either.

BTW, Good to see you!

"Chat" is what happens usually on the IMs, or PMs, or emails, but now that you put this in, isn't this a "chat" thread itself? It might be best left under "Announcements", as isn't that the formal title for chat anyway?

anyway, glad to have you around again (I think!)

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Truth Seeker

Dondep wrote:

Only time will tell :mrgreen:

Are you in a band yet? If not, then why not? If yes tell me more:)

Are you causing any havoc in DC yet, politically or otherwise?

anyway, bye for now:)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 pm
Site Admin

Actually Kate we do have chat software I just have not announced it yet as it is primitive, it does work though...

Go to this link and type in your screen name hit continue http://www.thegoldenthread.info/blablite47/blab.php

Anytime you want to set up a chat let me know and myself or a staffer will be glad to set one up!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Chat, chat, chat! I'm in! :brockoli :banana :elephant

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:56 am
Truth Seeker

Kate - btw, when WW was back up momentarily last year, I recommended a few albums to you - just wondering if you gave them a listen

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 am
Truth Seeker

Well g'day there old friend!!

Great to see you. Hope everything is travelling nicely for you and that you are handling the heat ok down there!!

Been a while hey? Great to see the "band getting back together" albeit with a little more knowledge than the last time around!!

Cheers :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm
Truth Seeker

Hi Daath, the only band I remember out of that list is Interpol, which I have since bought. Now I'm hoping that it was you that recommended them? :scared

Could you give me the list again as a refresher? I vaguely recall one of them being a bit light wieight and more like Bloc Party. Bloc party really aren't to my taste, I can't for the life of me understand why they are called punk.

L2L
Good to see you have chat now. I'm not sure if I'll be there much though. I don't do much of that anymore, neither IMs, email, PMs, twitter, facebook or in fact any other as yet unreleased technology that forces me to interact with anyone, well... family. They finally discovered the internet in the last couple of years and I'm under siege. This place is away from all that thankfully. I've even decided to not upgrade my mobile, so I'm still on a crappy 6yo Nokia, my PC is 7 or 8 years old and I think I'm actually quite enjoying turning into a technological dinosaur. One day, I'll even turn the net off.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:41 pm
Truth Seeker

Cracka :banana
You are still up there then? Australia has a gaping hole:)

It's hot and the rain is worse than useless, but autumn is creeping closer, the temps will drop in approximately 6 weeks and I'll have nothing to complain about!! Finally bought my acreage, so I can fput my longterm plan into action. Breeding chooks, making cheese and having a few geese, growing a bit of food. We have one littlie left in school, Year 12, so it's full on this year, the other is studying anthropology at uni. I wasn't expecting that choice, but I'm so glad she didn't go for psychology. DH is still working too hard but he promises to wind down when we move to the new place. I won't hold my breath.

You still working too hard? How's thing up north? Have you met up with anyone yet?

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm
Truth Seeker

Great to hear about the property Kate. That sounds fantastic.

I'm not as far north as last time we caught up. Now working and living in the good ol US&A! Spend time between San Fran, LA and Houston. And yeah, still working waaay too hard but I did have a nice 4 week break over the holiday period. Some of my family came over here which was a nice change from me doing all the travelling.

It's funny you mention your daughters choices. My niece, who was over here, really wanted to get into psych and / or forensics. She was accepted into 2 Uni's. Well she made her choice in guess what? Anthropology...lol

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:10 pm
GT Truther

KATE!

Had to pop in and say hello. I hope you and your family are well.

Back in DC and loving it.
Rubbing elbows with the media --- much to the chagrin of some GT posters who might actually remember me.

No one has ever even blinked at me being any sort of security threat--
with even the highest level of politicos that regularly come through here.

guess i'm i clean.

just wish the NSA would stop declining my FIOA requests.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 pm
GT Truther

Kate wrote:
Dondep wrote:

Only time will tell :mrgreen:

Are you in a band yet? If not, then why not? If yes tell me more:)

Are you causing any havoc in DC yet, politically or otherwise?

anyway, bye for now:)

Ah, just caught this a short bit ago, Kate. :embarressed Like you mentioned at the start, some of us rarely venture from the main thread, though it does happen!

In response to your question about the band, unfortunately the answer's no. I doubt I'll be in a full-fledged band again before the shift, but if things still look as non-shift like by year's end as they do now, I'll be putting one together - even if things change drastically. Meanwhile I've been learning iViolin, iGuitar, practicing my iBassist, playing 4 different synths and learning how to use sampling machines on my iPhone. I was thinking of putting together an all-iPhone band, or maybe an iPad band now that Apple has unveiled their new tablet.

As for politics; yes, I have been making a nuisance of myself; here's a YouTube of a press-conference demonstration from last Oct. I helped mobilize outside the Senate office building for PCCC. I'm shown being interviewed by the Washington Post reporter at 34 seconds in:

And here's the article that resulted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03101.html

The issue is universal health care, with a public option (meaning, a health-care delivery system that has nothing to do with the insurance parasites). Rep. Alan Grayson is one of the first "congressmen with guts" (he even has a website named that, http://congressmanwithguts.com) and one of our champions. He had the nerve to call Big Dick a "blood-sucking vampire" and a liar on network TV without batting an eye.

Anyway, that was from last October. I was back up on Capitol Hill last week, with a larger bunch this time, and we went to see 5 senators,

dumping almost a quarter-million signatures in their inboxes (this was Sen. Bayh's inbox):

I've also been working on getting Dodeccamente ready to sell online, both the standard version in a clear tube and also the deluxe version for coffee-table display.

So, what have you been up to? How are your daughters?

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Truth Seeker

Starryeyes, its really great to see that things are going so well for you and I very happy for you. Are the FIOA requests about yourself and is it normal for requests to be declined?

Dondep, you have been busy. I expect you to be in a band sometime in early 2001, I know mobile phones are almost at that point where they can replace everything but seriously!! LOL I'm just jealous 'cause I have a Nokia 3015. I don't even have polyphonic ring tones :mrgreen:

My girls are pretty much independant souls now, full of interesting and very strange habits. Typical teenagers! Myself I've been doing the odd IT contract or 2 over the years but mostly part time to fit in with home stuff. I've been out of work for the last couple though due to a back injury which makes sitting at a PC pretty hard, plus I never liked IT anyway, it just paid well. So I get lots of physio and gym work now, when I'm not racing around after the rest of the family or trying to . I'm about to move house in a few weeks. We bought a bit of acreage last year but leased it back to the previous owners while they had a new place built. Meanwhile I've been plotting and dreaming about what I can do once I finally get my hands on it. Part of the land has a koala sanctuary on it so I'm busy looking into how to balance environmental needs while also being able to use the land to grow food. I have a thread around here somewhere which I'll update, complete with photos, over the months and years, as I finally work out what to do and how. L2L has provided a link there to another similar thread on another forum. It's so large I may well get lost there for a good while first.

Other plans not including saving the world are:
Becoming a wildlife carer, I have to go back to college for that. I really don't want to start studying again.
I'm also really tempted to become a thorn in the backside of the local government here. They are completely out of control as far as managing the environment here. Migration to SE Queensland is unsustainable and Koala populations here are expected to become extinct in the next couple of years. Yeah that'll be another thread here at some stage soon.

Cracka, I wonder if your niece watches Bones at all. My eldest is a fan and it can certainly glamourise being an anthropologist. A friend of ours is a lecturer at one of the unis here, was very quick to cure her of any fantasies she might have:)

I'm off now for a few days or weeks, as I have to start organising the move. It was lovely to speak to you all and I'll be back when I have some new info for my other threads or if I have some gossip for this one.
Take care all.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 pm
GT Truther

OMG its Kate!

This starting to look like Flash backs.. to a few years ago!

Hey good to see you Kate! :)

All we need now is Kiwipony.. quick someone shake the trees she's bound to fall out sooner or later.. lol

Shady

Formally know as Nightshade09

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 pm
Truth Seeker

Hello again:)

shady maybe stop puffing on the heavy stuff and the flashbacks should reduce considerably eh? only joking.
I doubt Kiwicocky will return as she has moved onto a different path, but then again I'm often proven wrong, so maybe....

Off to read.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 pm