It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 am

We're baaaccckkkk up & running 
Site Admin

Post We're baaaccckkkk up & running
Just a quick note to let everyone know that apparently there was a corrupted server at our host! This is why we've been down for a while.

:gah :puter

Thanks L2L for working on this for us! :heart :wavey

Sat May 15, 2010 11:26 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: We're baaaccckkkk
Stress.exe LOL

Sun May 16, 2010 1:15 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: We're baaaccckkkk
BB thank you for the initial heads up about being down and then making the announcement for me as to why while I was dealing with unfortunate personal issues :clap :clap

Sorry for the down time folks our Host encountered yet another server failure :headbang

All seems to be running fine so far and I have done yet another back up just in case, fingers crossed.....

Sun May 16, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: We're baaaccckkkk up & running
If we're back up and running, then why has the originator of this site been demoted? Will someone else note Dondep no longer shows as Moderator? What could DonD have done to find himself as something other than what he has always been, heart and soul of this forum? I think something's still amiss. Has someone again tossed a monkey wrench into the works? Mid-year, yeah, timing's just about right for the twofer head games. Good luck with this one L2L. I think there's moths in the mainframe; or rats in the attic.

Forgive me if i also note some 33 pages of forum to this date are missing. Perhaps they will be found, as well as our Moderator, Dondep as the server corruption is straightened out?

Please keep your eyes open everyone, methinks there's nonsense afoot. Grist

Sun May 16, 2010 3:29 pm
GT Truther

Unfortunate personal issues I'm an Issue solver I have an Elite problem solving skill, ANY issue i can solve except marital issues any other issue try me!!

Sun May 16, 2010 4:01 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

I must chime in with Grist! Why did DonDep get demoted, why is his status changed? Certainly he has done nothing wrong to have his Moderator status changed. Can you please fix that?

Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 am
Site Admin

RELAX FOLKS Don (as was all Moderators) was demoted due to a security issue just before the server crash.
I am having some issues with the forum permissions and due to personal reasons (A DEATH) I have yet to find the time to correct it.

Don will once again be Moderator of the GT.

Grist I do NOT see any missing pages, also I don't understand the comment "Good luck with this one"??? Please explain.

I have a funeral to attend today and once that un-pleasantness is dealt with I will correct the Forum Permission Issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Mon May 17, 2010 3:44 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
RELAX FOLKS Don (as was all Moderators) were demoted due to a security issue just before the server crash.
I am having some issues with the forum permissions and due to personal reasons (A DEATH) I have yet to find the time to correct it.

Grist I do NOT see any missing pages, also I don't understand the comment "Good luck with this one"??? Please explain.

I have a funeral to attend today and once that un-pleasantness is dealt with I will correct the Forum Permission Issues.

L2L...

Take your time, Don and others aren't going anywhere.

Real world issues should always take priority...!

epo3

Mon May 17, 2010 3:53 am
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
RELAX FOLKS Don (as was all Moderators) was demoted due to a security issue just before the server crash.

My goodness L2L! So sorry to read of your loss. As well I'm very glad to read of a non-coup on the forum. (chuckling nervously here)

Some 33 pages of the forum are ghosting in and out L2L. Yesterday these (then half dozen notes and now eight) were all that were in the thread "The Original and True Golden Thread". Then yesterday evening these few paragraphs were vanished and the original thread of 33 pages reappeared. Now just these eight notes in the thread again and no prior 33 pages. Surely you can see a situation that would cause some consternation on my part?

My comment; "good luck with this one" was an exclamation of seeing some difficulty ahead recovering 33 pages of forum from a corrupted server and in the spirit of respect for the magic you do and the job set out ahead of you. Not a flame sir, but a worry someone is attacking our voice here in cyberspace and making much work and worry for you by accident or design.

Again my condolences for the unpleasantness in your life and my obviously unfounded confusion regarding security. I shall in future let you decide when and where to accomplish your workarounds and not concern myself with the condition of security on the forum.

Always an appreciative correspondent sir, Grist

Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 am
GT Truther

L2L wrote:

RELAX TAKE A DEEP BREATH Yes well these things happen seems us hills are dropping like flies, first my grandfathers death and just this Saturday gone my great uncle ALLAN died he died of cancer of the brain so your not the only one L2L hey guess what i just saw that if i hold the shift down while typing L2L it says L@L or LOL so to speak! well look at it this way your relative was FORTUNATE to die now rather then go through planet x's wrath!!

Mon May 17, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Quote:
RELAX TAKE A DEEP BREATH Yes well these things happen seems us hills are dropping like flies, first my grandfathers death and just this Saturday gone my great uncle ALLAN died he died of cancer of the brain so your not the only one L2L

I'm sorry for your loss, freek. :candle

Mon May 17, 2010 1:29 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the explaination Grist that makes sence now, you may have been seeing some weird happenings last night as our host tried to get the server back on, normally I would be around to supervise such things but have been tied up.

It should all be back up and running now including Don's permission's which I think are now fixed as well.

The only thing I see is that the forum seems to be running a little slow so I will take that up with the host in the morning.

One last note about double posting, please do not hit the submit button twice even if it takes forever for the screen to load I know its frustrating and I hope to get this resolved soon as well.

If anyone notices any other forum issues please post them here or feel free to PM me.

Thanks all

Mon May 17, 2010 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It seems like the forum is now somewhat back to normal although the speed issue still seems to be a bit of a problem which I will work on with our host in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the all the Drama around here but as most of you are aware by now this was out of my control compounded by an unfortunate personal incident in my family.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:37 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

no problem, L. i think it's safe to say for all of us...we understand that it was a busy, and very hard day for you. we don't expect you to be here at times like that.

glad to see you back. hope you're doing ok.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:33 am

In times like this L, we don't expect you to even be here. As was already said personal life trumps this. :candle :candle :candle

Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW