It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 am

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS 
Site Admin

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

Until further notice I am requesting that NO MEMBER of this forum post ANY News Stories in their entirety that are from outside sources and or from other websites.

Instead please only post a VERY BRIEF one line intro to the story and then supply a link to the story for others to go and read.

Basically UNLESS you have written the material yourself and or you have WRITTEN PERMISSION fomr the original author to post the material please DO NOT POST IT, only post the link for the time being.

It appears there are some very large law suites happening right now and I am trying to protect this forum and it's members from the same legal actions...

Please abide by this new rule until I can get to the bottom of this.

ALL POSTS that do not conform to new rule WILL BE MODERATED IMMEDIATLY.

I apologize for this but as I am sure you can all understand that this is beyond my control.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

L2L
Site Admin

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:15 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS
Good call, L. Yes, I have been following the Reuters - GLP situation, mentioned in another thread here. I'm not sure how much is to hype GLP, and how much is to stifle GLP, or whatever other reason, but you are totally right to be cautious. Thanks for the alert.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:01 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

72 web sites have now been sued from RightHaven alone.

See link below to read more:

3 suits over alleged R-J copyright infringements bring total to 72

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jul/16/3-suits-over-alleged-r-j-copyright-infringements-b/

There are actually two firms operating out there - RightHaven and Attributor Corp.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 am

The above-mentioned 72 web sites are being sued by RightHaven on behalf of the Review-Journal. While this is not directly related to the Reuters story, it seems to be a growing trend......

Quote:
The suits are being filed by a Las Vegas company called Righthaven LLC, which has partnered with the Review-Journal to prosecute lawsuits alleging infringement of copyrights to Review-Journal stories.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 am
Profile YIM
Truth Seeker

Yup, got that.
M

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 pm