It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:41 pm

World Chocolate Supplies Set to run out by 2014!!!!!!! 
GT Truther

World Chocolate Supplies Set to run out by 2014!!!!!!!
World chocolate supplies are set to run out

It is one of the most popular treats worldwide, so it may come as bad news to many that world chocolate supplies may soon run out. Due to political unrest and dangers to farmers in the Ivory Coast (where a large proportion of the world’s cocoa beans are grown), many fair trade cocoa farmers and trainers have fled the country and chocolate production has hit a low. It has been predicted that supplies of sustainable chocolate are set to run out, and a chocolate drought has been predicted for 2014. (NOoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!) :gah :flame :rant :censor :censor :evil :shock: :why

Chocolate is as healthy as fruit

Perhaps this good news comes too late if drought predictions are to be believed, but research has suggested that chocolate can be just as healthy as fruit. When tested and compared to juices from ‘superfruits’ such as blueberries and pomegranate, dark chocolate was found to be higher in antioxidants, which are essential for fighting disease and preventing wrinkles. For a healthy treat, it is best to go for a pure dark chocolate as milk, sugar and too much processing can reduce these health benefits. :heart

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: World Chocolate Supplies Set to run out by 2014!!!!!!!
That is a scary news piece fr33k, but I do believe that in this world innovation rules, especially when such am important commodity is threatened.

It will not be long before some folks have done a backup plan. I remember watching Willy the Choclate guy on BBC Food channel, and he has his sources in South America, on a farm he started.

My fav choccie is 70% Dark from Lindt (with almonds) :tounge

Can't imagine not getting any! So, plan B has to make provision for some into my Prep Storage boxes (in a cool place!!!)

:doh :hmm

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile WWW