It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:33 pm

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm 
Site Admin

Post Things That Make You Go Hmmmm
Shelter in place order is lifted at SE Houston hotel: HFD

A shelter in place order has been lifted at a southeast Houston hotel after Houston firefighters pinpointed cause of a radiation alarm, a Houston Fire Department spokesman said.

HFD Capt. Ruy Lozano said that a construction crew was conducting X-rays of underground pipes near Americas Best Value Inn at 8800 Airport Blvd., when the operation set off a city radiation alarm.

The radiation emitted from the testing did not reach a level that would be hazardous to the public, Lozano said. HFD plans to investigate why the low-level radiation from the testing set off the city’s alarm, he said

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/06/hfd-investigates-possible-radiation-leak-at-se-houston-hotel/

This is a local story and is not breaking news, sorry! Just didn't know where to put it. :dunno

Do you know if your city has radiation alarms? I didn't know this.

Quote:
INTRODUCTION
2.1. The City of Houston has numerous facilities that utilize radiological materials increasing the risk and threat of encountering a radiological or nuclear emergency. Approximately 90 miles to the south is the South Texas Nuclear Plant producing much of the electrical grid of South Texas.
2.2. The potential for an incident involving radiological or nuclear material is a possibility, which if occurred would require technically trained emergency responders and specialized radiological monitoring equipment. This annex will provide guidance on identifying managing and coordinating efforts unique to a radiological or nuclear emergency.

ANNEX D – RADIOLOGICAL SEPTEMBER 20, 2011 1

The quote above is from a Google doc located here: http://tinyurl.com/72yrfqx

:hmm

Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:40 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmmm
Things that make you go hmmmmmm indeed Blue.

First off it makes sence that large Cities have these types of alarms..

Second I find it HIGHLY unlikely that this type of work would cause an alarm to go off, that would have to be one very powerful x-ray machine :crazy :roll

This is more than likely a faulty alarm and officials are trying to cover someones mistake

Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Actually, I found a blog while researching this that stated the Port of Houston has these (who knew?) and have as many as 300 false alarms a day! :awe

Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:04 am
GT Truther

Have you seen the nuke talk about Austin this week?
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-massiv ... tin-texas/

and in looking for the link I found this doozy, a list of all the nuclear reactors in the world. wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_reactors

Sorry guys, that's the scariest post I have ever made, I think. I see College Park , Texas A&M on the list too.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Well found barb - and a valuable thread this Blue.

It is one of my personal fears in the earth changes coming. These damn nukes are horrendously dangerous when up and running - ala Fukushima experience.

It is also the 'stored' fuel rods new or spent that provide the greatest threat long term when damaged containerization results!

Does Dutchsince not have a good hand in mapping these in in the States?

There is far too much complacency by the operators and controlling bodies imo.

:nono

Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:02 am
Profile WWW