It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

Three Russian Warships Approaching Syria, China Follows 
Site Admin

Post Three Russian Warships Approaching Syria, China Follows
This is not looking good, I hope this is nothing more than a bunch of saber rattling but maybe, just maybe these two have had enough of the US and their BS Wars?

This should be very interesting and scary all at the same time :scared

Three Russian Warships Approaching Syria, China Joins the Party

It looks like America’s military dominance on the world stage is about to face its most serious test in decades, as Russia and China appear ready to physically challenge Obama’s controversial plan to bomb Syria.

Agence France-Presse via Yahoo! News reports three Russian warships crossed Turkey’s Bosphorus Strait Thursday en route to the Eastern Mediterranean near the coast of Syria. Based on a diagram posted by Zero Hedge, Russia now has six vessels in the region versus 13 US ships and two US submarines.

If that’s not enough, Russian news source Telegrafist reported Wednesday that at least one Chinese vessel is en route to the region. However, it appears – at least publicly- China is only there to “observe” the situation, although it’s clearly sending a message for the US to back off.

Piling on to the drama, based on Zero Hedge’s diagram, the UK and France – both US allies, already have a naval presence in the region. The UK has a submarine while France has a ship in the Gulf.

All of this is over an alleged chemical attack by Syrian President Assad’s regime, which has yet to be proven remotely true. Of course, there are likely underlying issues contributing to the crisis, including the US’ ever-present desire to remove the said leader.

Is Obama really willing to risk igniting World War III over this?

Photo credit: Flickr/desomurchu archive gallery

http://downtrend.com/james/three-russia ... the-party/

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: Three Russian Warships Approaching Syria, China Follows
Wow. I gave up mainstream news completely on March 20th, 2013, by cancelling my cable TV and returning my cable boxes to Comcast whem my bill was consistently over $200 a month It was a rude awakening, but I bought a Roku Box and stream Netflix ($8 a month) and Amazon Prime ($80 a year with other Amazon benefits I use) via my broadband straight to the TV. They are my new best friends. The Roku Box is about $50 for the device with no monthly payments. I do not watch the news, at all. I heard there was something going on with Syria but this does not sound good at all! On one hand I am really happy to hear that Russia and China are willing to take a stand against the cabal, but I hope it does not turn into a bloodbath.

For the curious: http://www.roku.com/

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:56 am
Site Admin

Quote:
President Vladimir Putin has said the naval presence is needed to protect national security interests and is not a threat to any nation. Russia cooperates with NATO navies against piracy and its ships call at Western ports.

The navy later indicated a deployment was imminent in the Mediterranean but gave no details except to say it would be part of a long-planned rotation and suggested it would not increase the size of Russian forces there.

"This is not a new group ... but a planned rotation," an highly-placed navy official who was not identified told state-run RIA news agency.

The reason for the discrepancy in the reports by Interfax and RIA was not clear but confusion has at times surrounded previous Russian deployments in the Mediterranean because of the secrecy involved. The Defence Ministry declined comment.

snip

Read more here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/29/us-syria-crisis-russia-navy-idUSBRE97S0AK20130829

Of course Russia and China are sending "spy ships." They want to see what our capabilities are first hand.

As to more Russian ships on the way - it could be they will evacuate Russian nationals at the first hint of a strike.

I think the article above is fear mongering plain and simple.

That said, do I think the US should do this? No. I'm sick to death of being the "policeman of the world."

So are lots of other Americans. See below about the reaction John McCain got:

Quote:
John McCain Town Hall Crowd Opposes Syria Action

By TERRY TANG 09/05/13 11:58 PM ET EDT AP

PHOENIX -- U.S. Sen. John McCain faced a tough crowd largely opposed to military action in Syria during a town hall meeting Thursday in Phoenix.

The Republican senator repeatedly told about 150 constituents at the morning meeting that there would be no plans to send U.S. troops to retaliate for the chemical weapons attack last month near Damascus.

"I want to begin by saying to you I am unalterably opposed to having a single American boot on the ground in Syria," McCain said. "The American people wouldn't stand for it.

"Second of all, it would not be anything but counterproductive to do that. American blood and treasure is too precious to do that."

McCain had planned to talk about immigration and other issues at the gathering at a public library, but Syria dominated the conversation. He was interrupted from the start by someone shouting that his response on the topic wasn't good enough.

A few people held up signs from their seats with messages such as "Don't bomb Syria" and "Security thru peace."

snip

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/john-mccain-town-hall_n_3877083.html

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:20 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

News • Syria • News • ISSUE 49•36 • Sep 5, 2013

WASHINGTON—As President Obama continues to push for a plan of limited military intervention in Syria, a new poll of Americans has found that though the nation remains wary over the prospect of becoming involved in another Middle Eastern war, the vast majority of U.S. citizens strongly approve of sending Congress to Syria.

The New York Times/CBS News poll showed that though just 1 in 4 Americans believe that the United States has a responsibility to intervene in the Syrian conflict, more than 90 percent of the public is convinced that putting all 535 representatives of the United States Congress on the ground in Syria—including Senate pro tempore Patrick Leahy, House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and, in fact, all current members of the House and Senate—is the best course of action at this time.

“I believe it is in the best interest of the United States, and the global community as a whole, to move forward with the deployment of all U.S. congressional leaders to Syria immediately,” respondent Carol Abare, 50, said in the nationwide telephone survey, echoing the thoughts of an estimated 9 in 10 Americans who said they “strongly support” any plan of action that involves putting the U.S. House and Senate on the ground in the war-torn Middle Eastern state. “With violence intensifying every day, now is absolutely the right moment—the perfect moment, really—for the United States to send our legislators to the region.”

“In fact, my preference would have been for Congress to be deployed months ago,” she added.

Citing overwhelming support from the international community—including that of the Arab League, Turkey, and France, as well as Great Britain, Iraq, Iran, Russia, Japan, Mexico, China, and Canada, all of whom are reported to be unilaterally in favor of sending the U.S. Congress to Syria—the majority of survey respondents said they believe the United States should refocus its entire approach to Syria’s civil war on the ground deployment of U.S. senators and representatives, regardless of whether the Assad regime used chemical weapons or not.

snip

Read more here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-majority-of-americans-approve-of-sending-cong,33752/

:spit :crylaugh :slap :roflmao

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:26 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:
Poll: Majority Of Americans Approve Of Sending Congress To Syria

<snip>

“In fact, my preference would have been for Congress to be deployed months ago,” she added.

Citing overwhelming support from the international community—including that of the Arab League, Turkey, and France, as well as Great Britain, Iraq, Iran, Russia, Japan, Mexico, China, and Canada, all of whom are reported to be unilaterally in favor of sending the U.S. Congress to Syria—the majority of survey respondents said they believe the United States should refocus its entire approach to Syria’s civil war on the ground deployment of U.S. senators and representatives, regardless of whether the Assad regime used chemical weapons or not.

snip

Read more here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/poll-majority-of-americans-approve-of-sending-cong,33752/

:spit :crylaugh :slap :roflmao

yes Yes and YES !!

btw, Iran is said to have missles which fly so quickly that by the time the ships' defence systems have detected them it will already be too late. And if the Iranians deploy an EMP immediately in advance of sending the missles, then the entire fleet will be rendered blind and sunk. Plus perhaps Russian and Chinese vessels, if the aiming is a bit out!

Simon

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:18 pm
GT Truther

Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 pm
Site Admin

Oh my word, mountain! I just spit Coke everywhere!

:crylaugh :spit :slap :roflmao

Especially the FIRST one! :crylaugh :crylaugh :crylaugh

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 pm
GT Truther

Deja vu

The real game
it is about blackmail
http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data ... 1378565945

oil pipe line:
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/09/08 ... ddle-east/

Gas pipe line: