It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am

US ECONOMY 

Post Re: US ECONOMY
Radical overhaul of military retirement eyed

excerpts

.... A Pentagon-sponsored study says military pensions are no longer untouchable - they're unaffordable.

.... Their plan, laid out in a 24-page presentation "Modernizing the Military Retirement System," would eliminate the familiar system under which anyone who serves 20 years is eligible for retirement at half their salary. Instead, they'd get a 401k-style plan with government contributions.

They'd have to wait until normal retirement age. It would save $250 billion dollars over 20 years.

con. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/ ... 2652.shtml

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:17 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Oh that's just frigging wonderful, first the rape the Middle Class now they are going to hurt the men & women who served their country????

WOW :roll :crazy :nono :censor :headbang :fu :rant

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
they'd get a 401k-style plan with government contributions.

Oh I think I am going to throw up! A$$e$ total complete a$$e$ ALL of them.

Just ask anyone and I mean ANYONE whose retirement is locked into a 401K how they're doing right now!

My brother just lost $60,000 out of his pension in the last two WEEKS. He is 57 years old with end stage renal disease.

This amount doesn't even count what he lost in 2008. He is totally resigned to the fact that he will have to work (if he is able) until he is 70 YEARS OLD!!!

:flame :rant :censor :headbang

The only people who benefit from this crap is WALL STREET!

Dammit this makes me so angry I could spit nails! :headbang :censor :rant :flame

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:57 am

10 Reasons Why The Reign Of The Dollar As The World Reserve Currency Is About To Come To An End
The Economic Collapse ^ | 03/28/2012 | Michael Snyder

Some of the biggest economies on earth have been making agreements with each other to move away from using the U.S. dollar in international trade. There are also some oil producing nations which have begun selling oil in currencies other than the U.S. dollar, which is a major threat to the petrodollar system which has been in place for nearly four decades. And big international institutions such as the UN and the IMF have even been issuing official reports about the need to move away form the U.S. dollar and toward a new global reserve currency. So the reign of the U.S. dollar as the world reserve currency is definitely being threatened, and the coming shift in international trade is going to have massive implications for the U.S. economy.

snip

Over the past few years, China and other emerging powers such as Russia have been been quietly making agreements to move away from the U.S. dollar in international trade. The supremacy of the U.S. dollar is not nearly as solid as most Americans believe that it is.

(The 10 reasons: I am posting titles only; you can read the entire article at the link at the end.)

1. China And Japan Are Dumping the U.S. Dollar In Bilateral Trade

#2 The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Plan To Start Using Their Own Currencies When Trading With Each Other

#3 The Russia/China Currency Agreement

#4 The Growing Use Of Chinese Currency In Africa

#5 The China/United Arab Emirates Deal

#6 Iran

#7 The China/Saudi Arabia Relationship

#8 The United Nations Has Been Pushing For A New World Reserve Currency

#9 The IMF Has Been Pushing For A New World Reserve Currency

#10 Most Of The Rest Of The World Hates The United States

snip

Some of the potential effects were described in a recent article by Michael Payne....

"The demise of the dollar will also bring radical changes to the American lifestyle. When this economic tsunami hits America, it will make the 2008 recession and its aftermath look like no more than a slight bump in the road. It will bring very undesirable changes to the American lifestyle through massive inflation, high interest rates on mortgages and cars, and substantial increases in the cost of food, clothing and gasoline; it will have a detrimental effect on every aspect of our lives."

Article

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Oh noes.. This is the New American Flag!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile YIM

The Jobless Class of 2012

The Class of 2012 may have few reasons to celebrate this year. Along with the long-term unemployed, experts say their prospects are the bleakest among all job-seekers.

The U.S. economy added a lower-than-expected 80,000 jobs last month, according to data Friday from the Labor Department. Though the overall unemployment rate remained unchanged at 8.2%, experts say this year’s 1.8 million college graduates have a rough job search ahead. “Over the last five years, the jobs situation has gotten increasingly intense for each successive graduating class,” says Paul T. Conway, president of Generation Opportunity, a non-profit think-tank based in Arlington, Va. “Their concern is now palpable.”

snip

if all the young people who’ve already given up looking for jobs are included — the 1.7 million people aged 18-29 who’ve been out of work for more than a year — the latest 8.2% unemployment figure would be closer to 16.8% for that age group, Conway says. That’s the highest unemployment rate for that age group since World War II. “Their story is one of few opportunities, delayed dreams, and stalled careers,” he says.

con. http://blogs.smartmoney.com/advice/2012 ... /?mod=e2tw

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Not only do they financially rape the middle class they now also GUT the middle class :crazy

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:59 pm
Profile YIM

White House details ‘destructive’ spending cuts

With excruciating detail, the White House’s budget office on Friday laid out exactly where it will have to cut $109 billion from federal spending in January, including $11.1 billion from Medicare and $54.7 billion from defense spending.

snip

“The report leaves no question that the sequestration would be deeply destructive to national security, domestic investments, and core government functions,” the White House’s budget office said in the report.

snip

The cuts are due under the terms of last year’s debt deal, which set up the automatic “sequesters” in exchange for granting the administration the borrowing authority to go deeper into debt. Last year’s deficit super committee was supposed to come up with replacements for the sequesters, but the bipartisan committee failed, leaving the automatic cuts in place. They take effect Jan. 2.

In the report, the White House’s budget office took pains to say it didn’t have any discretion, and that it didn’t support the cuts.

Read more: White House details 'destructive' spending cuts - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z26YHkwtuU
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

If Washington is cutting its Defence Bugdet that can only be a good thing in my mind because that means she's backing away from a WAR Mongering Power for the fist time in 11 Years.

Give Obama 4 more years and I see an even less war hungry USA, this is a good thing IMHO.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
If Washington is cutting its Defence Bugdet that can only be a good thing in my mind because that means she's backing away from a WAR Mongering Power for the fist time in 11 Years.

Give Obama 4 more years and I see an even less war hungry USA, this is a good thing IMHO.

About F :censor Time Washington DC an their *Militia* the biggest terrorist Network of the entire Galaxy :fu Washington DC :fu

Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 am
Profile YIM

Geithner unveils his true agenda: Infinite debt means infinite economic enslavement of America

These are the words of U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner who said on Bloomberg TV, "We ought to just eliminate the debt ceiling."

Infinite debt equals infinite spending.

Infinite debt also equals infinite enslavement, and that's the point of it all. Every dollar created by the Fed and loaned to the U.S. Treasury is another dollar for which American taxpayers are placed in hock to the global banksters.

Con. here: http://www.naturalnews.com/038050_Geith ... inity.html

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
Oh noes.. This is the New American Flag!

It is not just a US problem:

Here is another country:
Quote:
Saudi Arabia implements electronic tracking system for women

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/22/s ... for-women/

Here is all business leader:
Quote:
"Dr. Clive Boddy believes that increasingly fluid corporate career paths have helped psychopaths

Quote:
Boddy points out psychopaths are primarily attracted to money, status and power, currently found in unparalleled abundance in the global banking sector.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20422644
http://www.springerlink.com/content/907 ... 17/?MUD=MP

Psychopaths Pride:
Quote:
As if to prove the point, many of the world's money traders self identify as the "masters of the universe."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009 ... ay-banking

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 pm

Automatic budget cuts are set to go into effect in a couple of weeks. Called "sequestration", these cuts will be across the board in security and defense, as well as domestic spending, Medicare included.

Pentagon: Furloughs for civilian workers if forced cuts go into effect

By Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent

Washington (CNN) -- Nearly 800,000 civilian workers would be forced to take one day of leave per week without pay if automatic spending cuts go into effect as scheduled, the Defense Department told Congress Wednesday.

The furloughs would start in the last week of April and last for 22 weeks, according to the Pentagon plan. It's unclear what would happen after 22 weeks.

The Pentagon's plan is in response to the mandatory, across-the-board federal budget cuts, known as sequestration, that are set to begin on March 1. The cuts, mandated by a 2011 agreement to raise the federal debt ceiling, will take effect unless lawmakers come up with another deficit reduction plan.

The workers who would be furloughed could include office staff, aircraft and ship maintenance workers, schoolteachers and medical staff.

Con. http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/20/politics/ ... index.html

Quote:
they would pare everything from military programs to space exploration between March 1 and the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30. Food inspections, air traffic control, law enforcement and education programs also would be among those hit.

Quote:
If allowed to run their course, the austerity measures could cost 750,000 jobs and keep weak economic growth stunted for the rest of 2013, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office warns.

Quote:
The nation’s two major health entitlement programs, Medicare and Medicaid, are protected from the bulk of the cuts which will hit a wide swath of federal discretionary spending. Other government programs, including health-related programs, such as medical research, mental health treatment and approvals for new drugs, face reductions of 5 percent or more

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am
Profile YIM

I just found an interesting website which lists daily the layoffs, bankruptcies and closings of businesses in the US - Daily Job Cuts.com. Here is the link:

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Very interesting, Ruts, thanks.

Just a quick sampling of some of the companies featured at the website:

1. Most were laying off because "profits are down." Really? Profits are down by 14 percent and you lay off folks?

2. Some of the companies are lobbying law firms. :crylaugh

The most interesting one to me, personally, is Coldwater Creek. I used to shop there exclusively for my clothing. Their clothes were stylish, well made and lasted a long time. When they had a sale - they had a sale.

Don't know what changed in the last couple of years. But they are obviously abandoning their core customers - middle aged women - for 20 somethings. However, 20 somethings don't shop there.

The women's pants are all cut to sit below the navel. Yah! Just what a middle aged woman needs - more muffin top showing. :sarcasism

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Very interesting, Ruts, thanks.

Just a quick sampling of some of the companies featured at the website:

1. Most were laying off because "profits are down." Really? Profits are down by 14 percent and you lay off folks?

2. Some of the companies are lobbying law firms. :crylaugh

The most interesting one to me, personally, is Coldwater Creek. I used to shop there exclusively for my clothing. Their clothes were stylish, well made and lasted a long time. When they had a sale - they had a sale.

Don't know what changed in the last couple of years. But they are obviously abandoning their core customers - middle aged women - for 20 somethings. However, 20 somethings don't shop there.

The women's pants are all cut to sit below the navel. Yah! Just what a middle aged woman needs - more muffin top showing. :sarcasism

Doesn't surprise me! :shakehead

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 pm
Profile YIM