It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:53 am

Need A Job? Canada Is Creating MORE New Jobs Than America 
Site Admin

Post Need A Job? Canada Is Creating MORE New Jobs Than America
Need A Job? Try Canada, Where Hiring Is Booming And Home Prices Are Rising

Stubbornly high unemployment rates got you down? Not sold on the economic recovery? Look no further than America's polite neighbor to the north, where jobs numbers are surging and home prices have been rising steadily for nearly a year.

Last month, Canada, a nation with roughly one tenth of our population, created about 10,000 more new jobs than America.

Yes, Canada's economic recovery is outpacing our own. In terms of sheer job creation, June saw Canada create jobs at a pace that was five times the rate predicted by economists, Bloomberg News reports. Canada added 93,200 jobs in June, while U.S. private employers added just 83,000.

Thanks to strong hiring in the service sector, Canada's unemployment rate fell to 7.9 from 8.1 percent, while America's unemployment rate came in at 9.5 percent in June, falling only because of a large exodus of Americans looking for work. All told, the U.S. lost 125,000 jobs in June because of a wave of Census layoffs.

Real estate prices tell a similar story. After 10 straight monthly gains, Canadian home prices rose 0.3 percent in May, reports Bloomberg News. In the States, things are somewhat bleaker. Many areas showed small home price gains in May, , but in many other areas prices remain close to their April 2009 lows, according to the latest data from the widely-watched S&P/Case-Shiller index.

Canadian real estate broker Royal LePage predicts Canada's home prices could rise an average of 6.8 percent in 2010. Meanwhile, the IMF, though remaining relatively upbeat on the U.S. housing and job markets, warned that the foreclosure crisis could lead to a double-dip in home prices.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/0 ... 40555.html

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: Need A Job? Canada Is Creating MORE New Jobs Than America
Hmmmm.. I've missed Canada much. I'm spoiled with my fond memories of Victoria and Vancouver, but then there's the vast prairies heading eastward and the cosmopolitan regality (is Edwardian a standing term for the wonderful architecture and city planning of Toronto and eastward? I have a cousin there I should telephone...lol) I'm a bit jealous you know L2L and likely looking through the fog of memory and fantasy, but you live in a wonderful country and I'm a bit jealous and saddened we Ameri folk didn't take more notice of the good people and fine neighbors to our north.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm
GT Truther

hmmm.... I live pretty close to BC..... how hard is it to immigrate to Canada?

;)

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm
Site Admin

Shawnna wrote:
hmmm.... I live pretty close to BC..... how hard is it to immigrate to Canada?

;)

NOT hard at all, especially when your educated and have a legitmate purpose.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:53 am
Profile WWW