It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:42 pm

The Secret Big-Money Takeover of America 
Site Admin

Post The Secret Big-Money Takeover of America
This is just wrong :headbang :fu :shakehead

========================

Not only is income and wealth in America more concentrated in fewer hands than it's been in 80 years, but those hands are buying our democracy as never before -- and they're doing it behind closed doors.

Hundreds of millions of secret dollars are pouring into congressional and state races in this election cycle. The Koch brothers (whose personal fortunes grew by $5 billion last year) appear to be behind some of it, Karl Rove has rounded up other multimillionaires to fund right-wing candidates, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is funneling corporate dollars from around the world into congressional races, and Rupert Murdoch is evidently spending heavily.

Read the rest here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-re ... 54938.html

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:13 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Secret Big-Money Takeover of America
Yup - agree with you there L2L!!

My question remains though: Why do the People still Vote for these A-holes????

Perception, perception, perception! Media bullshit baffles brains imo. :flame

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Here ya go, Sky, prime example. This guy is tea partier backed to the hilt! Doesn't believe in farm subsidies - yet took 'em on his farm in Kansas.

Doesn't believe in federal entitlement programs but took Federal Medicaid AND Denali KidCare (which is also federally funded) for his EIGHT kids!

Doesn't believe in abortion - see above! You had EIGHT kids and no job?

Has never worked for a living and still is on the government dole cause now he wants to be a SENATOR!

And who backs this AHOLE? Why Glenn Beck's Freedom Works and Mike Huckabee - former Republican (and current front runner) candidate for the US PRESIDENCY!

Makes me puke! Folks STILL don't get the fact that they are being USED!
:gah :flame :rant :censor :headbang

Miller defends family's past reliance on Medicaid, KidCare

http://www.adn.com/2010/10/07/1491723/candidate-defends-assistance-from.html#ixzz11mvRqsC4

U.S. Senate candidate Joe Miller acknowledged Thursday that in the past his family received assistance from federal Medicaid and Denali KidCare, the state low-income health care program. His opponents in the race responded that he's a hypocrite for taking assistance while now saying federal entitlement programs are unconstitutional.

snip

Miller, who has eight children, said his family "absolutely" received Denali KidCare, a state-run program that includes federal Medicaid money.

snip

Miller has asserted that many programs, including unemployment benefits, are unconstitutional on a federal level, saying they should be entirely state-controlled.

Miller had previously acknowledged that his wife received unemployment benefits after working for about seven months as his clerk when he was a part-time federal magistrate in Fairbanks. He expounded on that Thursday, saying his wife paid into the system and was entitled to the benefit. No she did NOT - the COMPANY she worked for paid into the system - not HER!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 am

Same thing going on over here BB!

Talking about the next elections for Prez - I hear Donald Trump is considering seriously to "offer" himslf up to stand as a candidate!

The US will become a Hotel with a golf course....

:roflmao

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Re: The Secret Big-Money Takeover of America
It's all about POWER really.. I know this and ALL the WEALTHY vote for the AHOLES not normal people :crazy the ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED ALWAYS you don't really have a Say AT ALL!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I agree 100% that the US Elections are rigged to the hilt...

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
It's all about POWER really.. I know this and ALL the WEALTHY vote for the AHOLES not normal people :crazy the ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED ALWAYS you don't really have a Say AT ALL!

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Not really "rigged" per se just extremely well financed by folks with an agenda. Too many sheeple buy into the ads. For example here in Texas, Rick Perry (governor for 10-12 years) has not and will not debate his Democratic rival.

What is up with THAT? Plus he is running attack ads saying Bill White made a fortune after Hurricane Rita. NOT! Rick Perry is the one who became a millionaire while in office. Odd had that happens, huh?

Then throw in the WARTS - White Angry Republican Teapartiers - and you get a whole lotta whoo hoo going on! :huh

The lies are just rampant on both sides but the neocons and the extreme Republicans absolutely take the cake, IMHO. Read last week that one of the Republican party leaders would rather SHUT DOWN the US government until after the elections that work with the Democrats. :crazy

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 am
GT Truther

Wow the U.S Govt. Really is Batsh** Insane!

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile YIM

Bluebonnet wrote:
Not really "rigged" per se just extremely well financed by folks with an agenda. Too many sheeple buy into the ads. For example here in Texas, Rick Perry (governor for 10-12 years) has not and will not debate his Democratic rival.

What is up with THAT? Plus he is running attack ads saying Bill White made a fortune after Hurricane Rita. NOT! Rick Perry is the one who became a millionaire while in office. Odd had that happens, huh?

Then throw in the WARTS - White Angry Republican Teapartiers - and you get a whole lotta whoo hoo going on! :huh

The lies are just rampant on both sides but the neocons and the extreme Republicans absolutely take the cake, IMHO. Read last week that one of the Republican party leaders would rather SHUT DOWN the US government until after the elections that work with the Democrats. :crazy

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one, BB. There is a large body of evidence that proves elections are "rigged", from dead people voting numerous times, to minorities being kept from voting, through various means, to "hanging chads", then if you (the chosen president) can't finagle the vote sufficiently (IOW you blew it with your bungling) to win the election, why just have the Supreme Court decide that you won (you own them anyway - a majority of them at least). Or use your great influence ($$$) to force any candidate out of the race who might have a chance to beat you (as happened to Ron Paul).

Oh yes, I am bitter, and cynical, because I love my country, but despise those ruling it right now (ruling, not governing) and I don't mean just the administration, but the majority of Congress critters as well. I honestly don't know when there was last a just and honorable election, if there ever were one, and I can count the honest national politicians on one hand and have three fingers left over (well maybe just the thumb). Okay, :rant over, for the moment.

Oh yeah, and don't fool yourself that the situation is any different in any country in the world, with maybe a few, very few, exceptions. This holds true for at least those nations that are major players, and probably for 95% of all nations.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:21 am
Profile YIM