It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:30 pm

New virus raids your bank account - but you won't notice 
Site Admin

New virus raids your bank account - but you won't notice
The best way to protect yourself from an online financial scam is to diligently check your bank accounts. At least, until now.

Israeli-based Security firm Trusteer has found an elaborate new computer virus that not only helps fraudsters steal money from bank accounts -- it also covers its tracks

snip

A new version of the widely prevalent SpyEye Trojan horse works much the same way, only it swaps out banking Web pages rather than video, preventing account holders from noticing that their money is gone.

The Trojan horse employs a powerful two-step process to commit the electronic crime. First, the virus lies in wait until a customer with an infected computer visits an online banking site, steals their login credentials and tricks the victim into divulging additional personal information such as debit card information. Then, after the stolen card number is used for a fraudulent purchase, the virus intercepts any further visits to the victim's banking site and scrubs transaction records clean of any fraud. That prevents -- or at least delays -- consumers from discovering fraud and reporting it to the bank, buying the fraudster critical extra time to complete the crime. :awe

snip

Read more here: http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/06/9986119-new-virus-raids-your-bank-account-but-you-wont-notice

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 am
Site Admin

Post Re: New virus raids your bank account - but you won't notice
I think an International Law should be written that all spammers and hackers have their hands chopped off once they are caught and convicted of doing their nasty little deads!

I HATE SPAMMERS & HACKERS :rant :fu :censor

Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
I think an International Law should be written that all spammers and hackers have their hands chopped off once they are caught and convicted of doing their nasty little deads!

I HATE SPAMMERS & HACKERS :rant :fu :censor

I believe they should be Either HUNG, SHOT, Executed, Electrocuted or Gassed GIVE ME BACK MY $225.99 Food money you A$$HOLES Now I've got to suck up to the owner of the Local (GAS) service station so I can get credit which can be anywhere from $400 to $700 I have to pay BACK IN FULL so I can survive for a fortnight :headbang :flame :censor :fight I'm loading spybot Search & Destroy on my system Right NOW! SPYEYE you say I'll check S.O.B. when I find these crooks I'll report their IP to IC3.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Sorry to hear they got at your money Freak that really sucks :flame :rant :censor :headbang

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 am
Profile WWW

They're getting better and better at evil aren't they? I'd love to know just who is behind this latest computer fraud that will mess up our ability to control our money even more...

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile YIM

How about the Elite Ruts???

They are now pushing all the buttons they can to piss the people of no-end! I bet they can't wait for the peoples revolution to start!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

Yes, I agree, Sky. Sometimes I throw out a question like that to see if anybody picks up on it... not you; i know you know.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:51 am
Profile YIM