It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 General earthquake predictions, statements 

Post General earthquake predictions, statements
This article refers to the Pacific Northwest and California.

Quake experts warn next 'big one' could be worse than first thought

SEATTLE -- Experts agree that it's not a matter of if, but when the Pacific Northwest is rocked by an enormous earthquake, but new information shows that the "big one" could be even bigger and badder than first thought.

Scientists say when the next big one hits, it could be something straight out of your nightmares.

snip

Vidale said researchers were surprised to learn this week that the strongest shaking in Japan's quake came from the deepest part of the subduction zone and not the shallow region as scientists expected.

"That's more of a problem for us than Japan because the deeper part of our fault is under the land, under the cities, in Japan the action was mostly off-shore," he said.

snip

The "Cascadia Subduction Zone" is about the size of Maine. It's a geological copycat of the zone that ruptured in Japan. Experts believe 90 percent of the damage and 99 percent of the deaths in Japan were caused by the Tsunami.

"The consequences of Cascadia will be more than a city, they will be across a region that could potentially affect 10 million people," said DNR geologist Tim Walsh.

If power isn't lost in the quake, blaring tsunami sirens might offer a roughly ten-minute warning that a monster wall of water is coming. (I hadn't thought about what would happen if a quake cut off power immediately in terms of tsunami warning sirens not functioning!) :awe

A tsunami could carve thru the Strait of Juan De Fuca, flooding everything from the Pacific to Bellingham, including rivers that connect to the ocean.

The Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound "choke points" protect cities like Seattle from the worst of tsunamis generated offshore. But Dr. Bernard said the energy could bring enormous waves into the sound, destroying Seattle's waterfront, flooding terminal island and bringing down the viaduct

If the quake doesn't get the viaduct, Walsh said something called "liquefaction" might. That happens when water pressure builds up in soft soil because of violent ground shaking.

Walsh says a big quake will trigger landslides across the region, sheering homes right off their hillside perches.

Con. http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Eart ... =video&c=y

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: General earthquake predictions, statements
Michael Janitch posted today on FB:

colorado earthquake today.. @ epicenter largest fracking operation i've seen other than texas oil fields.. 37.141°N, 104.787°W

referring to: MAP 2.8 2012/03/29 15:56:20 37.141 -104.787 4.8 15 km ( 9 mi) W of Cokedale, CO

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile YIM

4/3/2012 — 4.0 magnitude earthquake at Oklahoma fracking operation SURROUNDING U.S. Army Ammunition Depot

Who is the ‘rocket scientist’ who decided that a giant ‘fracking’ operation would be a good thing to place ENTIRELY AROUND the U.S. Army Ammunition Depot?! The actual location is called McAlester Army Ammunition Plant.

Complete with underground storage bunkers .. and a large ammunition manufacturing facility, this “shake up” should be a WAKE UP to the military —- this Army facility just got its OWN ‘clarion call’ regarding the dangers of “frac well drilling”.

For certain, ANOTHER man made / fracking earthquake… says to me that at this point, unless it was an underground explosion or accident — that fracking is starting to even step on the toes of the Military. Also says to me, that big oil is not taking ANYONE into consideration in their drilling location choices.

Maybe someone will finally take note that these man made earthquakes resulting from hydro-fracturing of the deep earth — are not such an acceptable “side effect” that once was ASSURED would not occur.

Instead of a few small tremors here and there… we’re seeing 4.0M and 5.0M earthquakes at fracking sites MULTIPLE TIMES IN JUST ONE YEAR (from last year at this time until now — Arkansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and even Florida/Mississippi (in the gulf of mexico).. all from 2011 to 2012.

Check out the FRACK WELLS right across the street from the ammo plant! derp.. GENIUSES at the helm ..

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2012/04 ... ion-depot/

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

This is pure insanity how in the hell can the US allow this to happen :crazy

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile WWW

Revealed: Recent quakes in US 'almost certainly man-made'

A US Geological Survey research team says a remarkable increase in earthquake occurrence in the US in the past decade is “almost certainly man-made.”

­According to the study by USGS, oil and natural gas extraction activity have possibly provoked a series of recent earthquakes from Alabama to the Northern Rockies.

However, USGS authors did not estimate a direct cause-effect relationship between oil and gas activity and earthquakes.

“It remains to be determined how they are related to either changes in extraction methodologies or the rate of oil and gas production,” says the abstract for USGS study, published by the Seismological Society of America.

However they gave a possible explanation for it. They relate it to drilling, which requires the disposal of millions of gallons of wastewater for each well. The number of wells drilled has increased over the past decade.

A recent series of earthquakes in north-eastern Ohio, the latest and largest being on New Year's Eve, has prompted that state's Department of Natural Resources to close or suspend development by natural gas drillers of five deep wastewater disposal wells pending an investigation into well impact on increased seismic activity in the area.

Earthquakes have been linked to so-called injection wells in other states.

con. http://rt.com/usa/news/quaks-us-man-oil-473/

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:58 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
This is pure insanity how in the hell can the US allow this to happen :crazy

Because the USA's government is all full of Satan loving A-Holes.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 pm
Profile YIM

The Ring Of Fire Is Roaring To Life And There Will Be Earthquakes Of Historic Importance

Does it seem to you like there has been an unusual amount of seismic activity around the world lately? Well, it isn’t just your imagination. The Ring of Fire is roaring to life and that is really bad news for the west coast of the United States. Approximately 90 percent of all earthquakes and approximately 75 percent of all volcanic eruptions occur along the Ring of Fire.

Considering the fact that the entire west coast of the United States lies along the Ring of Fire, we should be very concerned that the Ring of Fire is becoming more active. On Wednesday, the most powerful strike-slip earthquake ever recorded happened along the Ring of Fire. If that earthquake had happened in a major U.S. city along the west coast, the city would have been entirely destroyed.

snip

On Wednesday, a magnitude 8.6 earthquake struck off the coast of Indonesia and that was rapidly followed by a magnitude 8.2 earthquake off the coast of Indonesia. Fortunately those gigantic earthquakes did not produce a devastating tsunami, but that doesn’t mean that those earthquakes were not immensely powerful.

Normally we only see about one earthquake of magnitude 8.0 or greater per year. The magnitude 8.6 earthquake was the most powerful strike-slip earthquake in recorded history.

snip

from The Extinction Protocol
Quote:
I’ve never heard of a strike-slip lateral earthquake of this great a magnitude; especially under water. Preliminary assessment of the Indonesian quakes by U.S. geologists suggests one plate lurched past each other as much as 70 feet. San Andreas is a strike-slip, lateral- can we even imagine two sections of ground moving 70 feet near San Francisco? Had the force of the Sumatra quakes been unleashed upon San Andreas, the city would have been completely destroyed.

snip

On Wednesday, a magnitude 5.9 earthquake struck approximately 160 miles off of the coast of Oregon.

Early on Thursday, there were two major earthquakes (magnitude 6.9 and magnitude 6.2) in the Gulf of California.

more here, including a section on the increase in volcanic activity.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:57 pm
Profile YIM

Coast Of California Earthquake Warning By ABC News.

Scientist Michio Kaku warns that California is not prepared for a major earthquake and they anticipate a large earthquake coming the the west coast of the US very soon.

Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile YIM

"Scientist Michio Kaku" :?:

I do not discount the potential - but this man sounds far too rehearsed. He speaks without passion and care in his voice, and he even misquoted a death toll directly from the screen - 50 000 rather than 5000??!?!?

Sorry - but imho I do not trust this dude. He is on too many History and National Geographic channel vids sprouting fear and mayhem in a "scientific" way. Something about him bothers me.....

:dunno :shakehead

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 am
Profile WWW

I just saw a post on FB by somebody I follow who has in the past had some accurate "hunches" about both natural and man-made disasters. Just thought I'd put it here in predictions for the heck of it.

Paraphrasing: I am getting concerned, or getting a vibe, that a major quake or Mount Popocatepeti is about to let go around Mexico City. I know there has been a lot of EQ activity in California, but my "vibe" has me thinking of Mexico City.

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

rutsuyasun wrote:
I just saw a post on FB by somebody I follow who has in the past had some accurate "hunches" about both natural and man-made disasters. Just thought I'd put it here in predictions for the heck of it.

Paraphrasing: I am getting concerned, or getting a vibe, that a major quake or Mount Popocatepeti is about to let go around Mexico City. I know there has been a lot of EQ activity in California, but my "vibe" has me thinking of Mexico City.

Is your person 9?

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
"Scientist Michio Kaku" :?:

I do not discount the potential - but this man sounds far too rehearsed. He speaks without passion and care in his voice, and he even misquoted a death toll directly from the screen - 50 000 rather than 5000??!?!?

Sorry - but imho I do not trust this dude. He is on too many History and National Geographic channel vids sprouting fear and mayhem in a "scientific" way. Something about him bothers me.....

:dunno :shakehead

Me too, his vibe is rather static and cold possibly frozen? I wonder who he is really working for?

He was in the military maybe he is an IllumCorp puppet.

wikipedia wrote:
During the Vietnam War, Kaku completed his U.S. Army basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia and his advanced individual training at Fort Lewis, Washington.[2] However, the Vietnam War ended before he was deployed as an infantryman. :hmm

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm
Profile YIM

L2L wrote:
rutsuyasun wrote:

Is your person 9?

Yup. He's on FB; he gave us all his FB account before he left; a couple of others are friends there too. If you want it, let me know - no mystery, just his name. PJ's on there too, and Gen and Leo

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:49 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Who's 9?? is that some sort of code or is the person 9 years old please post what it was here?

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile YIM

Just somebody who used to post on another forum some of us went to. His user name was just a number, so his "nickname" was "9". As if you're username was 7685 and we called you "7". Lol sounds funny to explain like that..... but no biggie, no code.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:51 am
Profile YIM

I'm posting this here because it concerns movements of plates: Hat tip to Dutchsinse

Following is a link to a map of recent explosions which are thought to have occurred because of methane escaping through the crust. He (Michael Janitch) also posted a map of the North American cratons, but I can't figure out how to post it. If you want to follow the link to his FB post, it is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Locations of explosions:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... C79.013672

Minden, LA

Gray, KY 40734

Indianapolis, IN

Cherokee Nitrogen

Albion, IN 46701

Valcourt, QC J0E
Canada

Garland, TX

Grand Isle, LA

Florissant, MO

Covington, LA

Memphis, TN

Garner, NC

Omaha, NE

Scranton, PA

Oneonta, AL

Castle Rock, CO

Twin Falls, ID

La Grange, NY

Poughkeepsie, NY

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am
Profile YIM

Dutchsinse says:
Quote:
Ohio going to be seeing an influx of earthquakes here soon.. just wait and see !

The article he is referencing is here: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... wells.html

State will see influx of 'Fracking' waste disposal wells

Ohio’s growing shale-drilling industry has created a boom for the businesses that take waste from oil and gas wells.

The number of disposal wells in Ohio, which currently stands at 179, is poised to explode in coming months. State regulators approved permits for four new wells last week and are processing applications for an additional 31.

snip

Most of the proposed new wells follow a flood of “fracking” waste that has largely poured into Ohio from Pennsylvania’s Marcellus shale-drilling boom. More fracking waste is expected as drillers tap oil and gas buried in Ohio’s Utica shale.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am
Profile YIM

Well _ missed this page and I have posted this else where on the Forum in a different form. Tx Ruts for the reminder here...

This in my opinion is a definite stat to keep an eye on. The past track has been accurate - but what is freeky is the M10 coming up for December 20th!

So let's see....

2012 : LARGE EARTHQUAKE DATES WHEN FUKUSHIMA CAN COLLAPSE : BY PATRICK GERYL

- Quote Patric G: -

December 2 - 3, 2012: Conjunction Earth - Jupiter and the Sun
December 3, 2012: Opposition Neptune - Mercury across the Sun
December 3, 2012: Opposition Uranus - Venus across the Sun
December 4-5: 7 plus

December 10 - 13, 2012: Opposition Uranus - Mercury across the Sun
December 11: 7 plus December 14, 2012: Line Ups: Pluto - Moon - Earth and Mars - Moon - Earth December 12 - 16, 2012: Triple Line Up Neptune - Mars - Venus (strong December 14)
December 17, 2012: Line up: Neptune - Moon - Earth
December 17-18: 8 plus
December 16 - 18, 2012: Triple Line Up Jupiter - Earth - Mercury (strong December 17)
December 17 - 18, 2012: Conjunction Venus - Mercury and the Sun December 17 - 18, 2012: Conjunction Ceres - Earth

December 19, 2012: Conjunction Saturn - Mercury and the Sun
December 20, 2012: Line Up: Uranus - Moon - Earth
December 21, 2012: Conjunction Saturn - Venus and the Sun
December 20 - 24, 2012: Triple Line Up Neptune - Mars - Mercury (strong December 22)
December 21 - 24, 2012: Triple Line Up Jupiter - Earth - Venus (strong December 22 - 23)

December 21: 10 plus
December 23, 2012: Line Up: Saturn - Moon - Earth
December 25, 2012: Line Up: Jupiter - Moon - Earth
One of the questions remaining is why some quakes happen a bit earlier or later...

I took the November 7 as an example... Almost 15 hours before the line up...

Findings:

The line up Neptune-Mercury-Venus from November 5-6 was still active when the line up Neptune-Moon-Earth was activated on November 7. This means the high of the line up was on November 5-6... But the total line up from November 4 till 7. The high of the line up Neptune-Moon-Earth was from late November 7 till early November 8. But the wider line up from early november 7... So this triggered an earlier quake.

By doing this I stumbled on the coming line up Uranus-Mercury-Venus from November 19. I found that this line up will be still active when the line up Uranus-Moon-Earth will be triggered on November 22-23... But there is only a small overlap from both line ups...

Conclusion: There is a strong relationship with the magnitude of the quake and the time line ups act together...

My guess: a quake between 6.5 and 7, depending from when it will happen...
Earlier = stronger
Later = weaker

However things are more complicated then this one, because on November 22, the triple Ceres-Mars-Earth ends... This can increase the quake strength...but not necessarily....

I haven't experience with these combinations... As already said...thousands of combinations are possible... And time is too short... So let's see what will happen...
- End Quote -

:doh :sherlock :doh

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

PNW ripe for EQ activity now, two EQ's to the south, in Washington state today and several large EQ's in Alaska, tonight large Thunderstorms happening now, near Vancouver BC

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:42 pm
Site Admin

Stay safe, Mizar! :heart

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:07 am

from Michael Janitch on FB:

4/19/2014 -- Multiple 7.0M+ events -- Major Earthquake unrest showing Globally - BE PREPARED

Published on Apr 19, 2014
In the past 30 days, we've seen NINETEEN 6.0M+ earthquakes... SEVEN 7.0M+ earthquakes... and TWO 8.0M+ events (with tsunami warnings issued for each).

EXCESSIVE earthquake movement taking place over the past 3 weeks, internationally, and nationally in the US.

In the past 7 days we've seen FIVE 6.0M+ earthquakes, and THREE 7.0M+ earthquakes. This is something we need to be watching intently.

In the same time frame, multiple volcanic eruptions in Central America, and South America.. as well as plume events from Oil / Gas wells, and dormant volcanoes in the USA.

Also, heavy swarm activity in the Western Yellowstone Supervolcano magma chamber, and now movement in Southern California. 5.0M event near Puerto Rico as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcs6IStI6kw

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Else:
Plates on the loose...
via Yt (1)

Notes:
(1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ufmj9Nq2ZU

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

recall15 wrote:
Plates on the loose...

Indeed, and a confirmation via ZetaTalk for January 31, 2022 (1)

Quote:
Cocos Plate on the move?
[and from another]
Very strong mag. 6.1 earthquake - North Pacific Ocean, Panama, on Friday, Jan 28, 2022 6:14 am (GMT -5) - 1 hour 18 minutes ago
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthq ... 1-28/11h...

Quote:
SOZT
The Cocos Plate stands in the way of the Mainland Portion’s slide to the SW, and something must give.

There are several possibilities.

The Cocos Plate can fracture along the Tehuantepec Ridge.

This fracture point, which touches on the triple juncture which separates the Mainland Portion and SE Portion of the N American Plate at the tip of Mexico, is where the New Madrid Fault Line begins.

The Cocos Plate can also shift westward, but this would require a major push against the Pacific Plate.

Or the Cocos Plate could shift southward to override or fracture the Nazca Plate.

As can be seen from the many platelets near the epicenter of this January 18 quake, pressure to give the Cocos and Nazca Plates room to move during a New Madrid adjustment has happened before.

The North Andes Platelet in Colombia and the little Panama Plate both show these pressure points.

Clearly the tip of the Nazca Plate that reaches up toward Panama is fragile and likely to break from the Nazca Plate.

But does this give the Mainland Portion the room it needs to slide to the SW?

We predict the likely outcome will be a combination of maneuvers.

The little Rivera platelet can snap off, allowing it to maneuver independently.

The portion of the Nazca Plate reaching up to Panama could likewise snap to become an independent platelet.

The Cocos Plate at present is riding up over the coast of Mexico but could likewise tilt, giving the Mainland Portion more room to shift toward the Pacific.

But most likely the Cocos Plate will fracture at the Tehuantepec Ridge juncture, so that the northern part of the Cocos Plate will shift westward.

Geology in motion.
EOZT

Notes:
(1)
http://poleshift.ning.com/forum/topics/ ... e=activity

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

New Madrid Daily events: 29/01/2022
Via:
New Madrid unzipping: 3 week start (1)

Pic:

Notes:
(1)
http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog ... e=activity

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:38 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

New Madrid Daily events: 30/01/2022
Via:
New Madrid unzipping: 3 week start (1)
ZetaTalk for February 2022 (2)

Quote:
Quote:
Why do TX and OK have so many quake swarms? It’s every day, and endless but the rest of the country does not have this.

SOZT
We have often addressed stretch zones and why they are considered silent. A crevasse may open up, or a bridge or structure pull apart and drop, but these events are not accompanied by earthquakes. It is where rock masses are asked to make room for other rock masses that earthquakes occur. During all the predecessor events that have preceded the big New Madrid rupture, a drop to the SW of the Mainland Portion does not seem to have happened. Or did it?

The Mainland Portion includes the mountains in the west, which stretch along the Continental Divide from Canada down to the tip of Mexico. When these are asked to adjust, whether via a slip-slide or subduction or rock shattering clash, they complain with jolting earthquakes. This can be seen on the earthquake charts. The expanding Seaway likewise records quakes in the rock on either side, though the record shows destruction occurs primarily in the soft rock that is amenable to a stretch.

But what about the daily swarms in Oklahoma and Texas where such hard rock strata is not a factor? The Mainland Portion of N American has steadily been sliding to the SW, albeit silently. If one were to take a geological survey in the regions of Oklahoma and Texas where these swarms occur, one would find landmarks further apart or closer together, or roadways that skew where they are supposed to be straight. At what point will this silent shift to the SW affect the New Madrid rupture?

When the rock on either side of the fault at the town of New Madrid has been pulled apart such that the rock under New Madrid has become thin and lost its ability to hold the two sides together, it will rupture. Thus the steady silent slide to the SW represented by these quake swarms in Oklahoma and Texas are key to the rupture to come!
EOZT

Notes:
(1)
http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog ... week-start
(2)
https://poleshift.ning.com/forum/topics ... e=activity

Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next