VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE WINDMILL 
Site Admin

Post VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE WINDMILL
VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE WINDMILL

Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: VERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE WINDMILL
Finally, after over a year and a half I'm getting my VAWG into a prototype production stage. I had to assemble the right people who have access to wind tunnels etc at a reasonable cost.... Unlike most V-axis designs, mine does not self destruct at extremely high winds. If there's a 150 mph wind blowing....no prob as my design has less stress the further you go up the mast / axis. My design bleeds the air current / spent vortex straight up. I can't say much as to the design but I've got a few investors with deep pockets that are interested.

This is a design that is scale-able and could be built in a garage if one has a reasonable about of skill / knowledge using common hand tools and power tools. This is not a cheap "home made garage special" though, not made of plastic, it's 90% aluminum and Stainless Steel. This is 100% ISO 9000 compliant. If you need more power you can join them in series. I am also thinking about producing this in kit form complete with DVD / instructional vid. My only reservation in doing this is that once assembled, you'd need a licensed electrician to "make the connection" to your storage device. I do not want to get my azz sued off from some dummy who decides to "do it himself" and fries his azz.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 pm
Site Admin

Interesting Shane I would like to hear more about your design

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:16 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

...it's been a long road so far.... I hope to have a functioning prototype within a few months...of course that's what
I said a year ago :headbang ....LOL, but I've enhanced the design significantly since then. I'm glad I can work out the bugs on computer....it sure is cheaper than mocking up several physical designs and then altering them...Most of the "proprietary stuff" will be concealed in the base of the unit, by design. Of course the actual design of the vanes will be visible and thus be able to be copied. I have one last trick I might pull out of my hat that involves something I've never seen done on any design (yet) which would go a long way to helping me in the area of having a viable business model in the production / sale / service of this design. One important aspect of my design is that it might not be necessary for the end user to actually "buy" the unit(s).
I am toying with the idea of leasing them.....and of course if you lived off the grid, how kewl would it be to pay a low monthly fee for the production of energy as well as a guarantee of timely replacement / repair of the unit should it go offline. You would not have to cough up $$$ thousands up front for the purchase of the unit.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 pm