It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 am

Coupon sites 
Site Admin

Post Coupon sites
Ahhhh, yes, my lovely dearies! :roflmao

Here are some sites for coupons:

Coupon Mom - you have to sign up but it is free!

http://www.couponmom.com/

Grocery Coupons - again, you have to sign up but it is free!

http://www.grocerycoupons.com/

Red Plum - awesome and free! They also do Sunday newspaper inserts.

http://www.redplum.com/coupons.aspx?t1id=1118&t2id=1118&t1=grocery&t2&view=all

Most manufacturer's like Kelloggs, Betty Crocker and more have coupons on their web sites - even Weight Watchers! ;)

Most grocery stores in the US have coupons on their web sites, too. Some download the coupons directly to your card (Kroger).

Of course in the US, the good ole Sunday paper is crammed full of coupons every week. About every 6 weeks, Proctor & Gamble has a great insert in the paper. Their coupons ROCK!

Sooooo now you have your coupons (remember only clip what you really use), what's next?

My local paper runs grocery store ads on Wednesday in the newspaper. You can also see them online at most US grocery stores.

You pull up their web site (or newspaper ad) and you check off those items that are on sale AND you have a coupon for them, too! CHA CHING!

If you have a grocery store that doubles or triples - you are in like Flynt and will probably receive items for FREE!

Lastly, don't forget drug stores like Walgreen's and CVS. They also have coupons and, sometimes, great sales. They will also take your coupons.

Walmart - just a word about them. There has been great controversy over some Walmart stores refusing to accept coupons printed from the Internet. Go to their web site and download a copy of their coupon policy and take it with you. This way you are armed with information to give to the cashier and/or store manager if they give you a hard time. ;)

Once you get a little store of coupons, buy a binder and some plastic photo sheets. Make some divider tabs for milk, produce, canned goods, pets, etc. and keep your coupons in there.

Always have your binder with you when you go to the grocery store or to a drug store. You just never know what might be on sale!

Last bit of advice, if you don't see a coupon for something you buy - like bananas - write the company and ask for a coupon. Heck, most companies nowadays have e-mail right on their web sites. Just tell them that you would like to purchase their product and ask if they have a coupon. You just might receive one in the mail or via e-mail.

Anybody else have any ideas/hints?

Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 am
GT Truther

Post Re: Coupon sites
THANK YOU!!!!

Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

This an interesting consideration as I have never used or rarely see coupons. We have store courtesy cards which give you direct discount when you buy regularly, but also bum rush you with mountains of specials emails...

Thanks for the intro BB - gonna check this out from now on.

:hmm

Sat May 21, 2011 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sky wrote:
This an interesting consideration as I have never used or rarely see coupons. We have store courtesy cards which give you direct discount when you buy regularly, but also bum rush you with mountains of specials emails...

Thanks for the intro BB - gonna check this out from now on.

:hmm

Yes, Sky, we have the same thing in the US. But if you can add a coupon or two on top of the direct discount - ta da! :clap

Thank YOU, Google! Lookie here - just for you, Sky:

http://www.couponssa.co.za/

Lynn - you are more than welcome! Hope this helps! :heart

Sun May 22, 2011 7:31 am

BB - you smite me with efficiency!!!

:o

Sun May 22, 2011 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Consider yourself smited (smoted?), Sky! :slap

I very seldom (if ever) pay full retail for anything, including clothing. :yamon

I also very rarely go to the mall/department store to purchase stuff. I nearly always shop on line. For instance, I like to wear clothing from a store called Coldwater Creek. Their clothes are well made and last forever. But - their clothes are waaayyyy expensive. What's a fashionista girl to do?

Well, on their web site they have an Outlet store. :mrgreen:

Soooo, I recently purchased $320 worth of full price clothing for $80. TA DA!!! CHA CHING!!!

How? The clothes were already marked down and I found a 40% off coupon by simply googling "Coldwater Creek coupon." :yamon

This coupon was also good in the Outlet - sometimes the coupons are only good for full price merchandise but sometimes you can SCORE!

Right now, LL Bean has $5 shipping on ALL their merchandise! Doesn't matter how much or how little you order. Because LL Bean does not have a store in my state, I automatically save 8.5% sales tax right off the bat. :clap

Walmart, Target, Sears, and lots of other stores have the same type deals. Sometimes the sales part of the web site is simply labeled "Sales" but sometimes it says "Outlet."

:elephant :banana :brockoli

My favorite - Amazon! They've greatly expanded what they sell and if you do an online price comparison you will find that 90% of the time Amazon is the cheapest. If not, I've e-mailed them a link to the cheaper store and, often, they will match the price.

For $35/year I am an Amazon Prime customer. This means I get free two day shipping on anything I order - for a YEAR! ;)

Mycoke.com is also a great place if you drink Coke products. Simply sign up (for free) and type in your coke product codes (found underneath the cap or on the 12 packs on the part you tear off). Begin to save your points and you can "spend" them on things you like. They also have great drawings and will e-mail you special offers.

Become a Starbucks "Gold" member, and you get a free drink everytime you purchase beans.

More and more companies are doing these type things.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am

Wow BB - you sure move those dollars/coupons around efficiently!

I giggled about the coke offer, as I only use coke to clean my vehicle engines with!! It's full of Boric acid and HFCS, so I don't drink it!! Sure does good with removing grease though... :tounge

As for living in the mountains, I guess I am missing out on this coupon thingy, as I have never tried working the system. SO I am sure gonna study that site you quoted and look for more, so I can see if I can do more web based shopping with mail order. We produce so much on our own, it won't be too difficult to set up lists of things we can look at scoring on coupon options for the gain they offer.

Just been too focussed in getting to the shops, to get what we need, and getting the hell outa dodge to get back to the farm!

We are real country munch-kins and dislike the city contact altogether! :mrgreen:

That's after retiring from city life ten years ago, and living on a paradise island in a forest!!

:candle

Sun May 22, 2011 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hey Sky andother good use for Coke is if you have any rusty tools just throw them into a bucket and submerse them in Coke, see what happens in the next day or two ;)

Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sky - it comes from years of being stone broke. ;)

Also on some level, it really ticks me off to have to pay retail for anything because I know I am getting royally gyped. :rant

Tue May 24, 2011 6:22 am

Scary how well coke can clean stuff L2L... imagine how clean your gut gets after sinking 2 litres of the stuff!!! :huh

Damn right too BB. I complained to my Fry's supplier the other day about a bad box of veggie mice - and they sent me a bunch of apologies with some coupons to buy another one! So, I now I am not a coupon Virgin anymore - Youhoooo!! :slap

Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

:elephant :banana :brockoli

Powah to da People!

Told ya it worked! ;)

Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
veggie mice

:?:

Thu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

That's my veggie style meat "substitutes" we use to make our palates think were still doing the old conditioned thing of having "good ole meat, veggies and potatoes" .... :crylaugh

All made from veggie proteins. :mrgreen:

http://www.frysvegetarian.co.za

Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

:slap :crylaugh :spit

Fri May 27, 2011 6:17 am
Site Admin

Man, I can already hear it when I get home tonight! "You SEE! I TOLD you it was outta control!" :roflmao :whistle

5 signs your coupon habit is out of control :roll

Coupon clipping has long been hailed as a staple activity in frugal households, but is it possible to go too far? Yes! You could even be spending more money in gas or indirect costs like time just to score a deal that isn't really worth the savings in the end.

Here are some signs that you may be going too far just to save a dollar:

1. Spending too long searching for coupons :yamon

snip

2. Buying what you don't need just because it's on sale :dunno

snip

3. Driving out of your way to buy items every week :embarressed
snip

4. Being unable to buy anything without a coupon :whistle

snip

5. Hoarding :popcorn

The bottom line
Coupon clipping can be a great way to save with minimal effort, but when you're spending more in time and money than you're saving it may be time to scale back. :spit

Read more here: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43027707

Fri May 27, 2011 6:34 am
Site Admin

Hahahahaha they nailed you at number 3 Blue :roflmao :slap :spit

Sat May 28, 2011 5:15 am
Profile WWW

Advice appreciated BB - in my apprenticeship I shall desist from bad habit formation.

Already I see - "But it is so cheap with that coupon, let's get it!!"

:whistle

Sat May 28, 2011 5:39 am
Profile WWW