It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 3.7 2007 
GT Truther

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2007 ... a-in-iraq/

remember when Bush referred to the invasion as a "CRUSADE?"

Quote:
The killing of 11 civilians in Baghdad two weeks ago has once again put Blackwater on the spot. The US security firm first came into the public eye in early April 2004, when four of its personnel were killed and mutilated by mobs in Falluja. Although Iraqi religious parties denounced the attacks at the time, Bush gave the town four days to deliver the perpetrators before ordering an all-out attack, one in which thousands of Falluja inhabitants perished. In his book, Blackwater: The Rise of the World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army, American investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill links the modern security firm to the Knights of Malta, an offshoot of the Knights Templar. Blackwater’s employees, he argues, share the same religious zeal of ancient crusaders.

Quote:
Joseph Edward Schmitz is the son of the late John G. Schmitz, former California State Senator, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and U.S. Presidential candidate (1972). Columba Bush’s sister is married to John P. Schmitz, a beneficiary of the fellowship programs subsumed under the Carl Duisberg gesellschaft and the brother of Joseph Schmitz, currently the head of the Blackwater security outfit. John P. Schmitz has close links to the elder George Bush, the 9/11 milieu…

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:15 am
GT Truther

Yes I am FULLY trained Remote Viewer. I was trained by professionals in parapsychology course at IU 1980s. By professionals I mean metal wearing kind. I also score in 98% in PK and ESP tests. But thats another story for another time ;)

Nightshade 09

I've been out of town.
Interesting discussion's.

Don

It sounds to me you got the saga penned down in a nut shell.

Shady

If you will... in your upcoming posting's, share something personal about me on this forum, I don't mind,...and I'll believe you.

Dex

Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:51 am
GT Truther

Post The Shadow Behind Shady
Welcome back, Dex. Yes, an interesting discussion alright....... 'stirred' by a certain self-described 'TV Producer' at GLP.

Shady, posting on GLP, wrote:
Don,

I know what your getting at. That the Majestic Thugs where the ones to leave the death threat, and the harassment that ws going. Doing so that so I 'go off' on Dan Burisch thus serving their purposes.

I've thought about more then once believe it or not but quickly dismissed that possiblity based on the avalible evidence.

I originally came into the old golden thread here on godlike simply seeking the truth. I lurked for months and simply sat back and watched the conversation. The insiders, Marci and Dan etc. Simply sat back and absorbed the conversation also documented it all for the private associate I was working for at the time. A well known UF'er who wanted Dan and Marci observed for a possible show on prime time television. I provided weekly summery of the situation for his bebefit.

He was convinced and about to approach Dan and Marci until we conducted the final step. Filed F.O.I.A forking over 1,500 for the paperwork. He also contacted his sources in the true C.I.A and other agencies (Sources that have no interest in UFOs and think UF'rs are just plain crazy, none the less they also did some checking behind the scenes.) What we got back from both avenues was some 800 pages of Dan Crain Burisch live long Civilian with no hint what so ever that he or Marci were ever apart of anything. Black Ops or other wise. No discrepenies what so ever!

At which point my associate washed his hands of Dan Burisch and took possession of said documentation in case "the Hoax" ever made it prime time. Then and only then Burisch's paper work would see the light of day to expose the Hoax and the Hoaxees.

It was then and only then that Nightshade 09 (moi) made my appearence offically in the thread.

Why did I come into the saga if we had already discovered the truth? Well two reasons actually.

1. The discussion going, the thoughts people were sharing, the mental exerise, the hypotheical discussion of how Majestic Twelve might operate etc etc. The discussion was some of the greatest UF'er discussion on the Net. It still is btw.

2. Even though my associate had washed his hands of Dan Burisch and the Saga. There were bits and pieces to the Saga that peeked my curiosity and said to me "something Highly Strange is Going On Here." The Strangeness factor was nearly identical to that of a true UFO or UFO event related that I've experienced in the past. Thus I decided to hang around.

The more and more I read of the Saga, the more and more it became truly Unbelievable, Ill logical, unscientifically nonsensical and down right laughable. I was totally and still am skeptical of it (though time to time for the sake of discussion entertain possibility that he might be the real thing.)

It [the Saga] really became insane to me when Dan Burisch's insiders claimed to you and Pagemaker that I was "Black Ops" it was then and only then I decided to become Dan Burisch's offical antagonist for the Saga Story. Which I remain to this day ;) I'm cruel that way. Like a cat that like play with its mouse before the final bite. ;) The final bite will only come when and if my associate so deems it necessary.

If TV Producer is correct, that Burisch and Marci and seeking to bring their Internet Saga to small screen or are attempting to 'cash in'. I can assure you that F.O.I.A box of my associate has been taken out of the back closet and dusted off. The "Truth Nuke" as been armed and ready ;)

With that said.

1. There has been on going 'high strangeness' going on beyond computer screen. Which still remains intriguing.

2. I can not confirm or deny that was 'hypothetically' a surveillance in Las Vegus. Such a operation would be deemed illegal in eyes of the law. Sorry can't say any more ;)

3. I know without a shadow of a doubt whose voice was on the other end of a said answering machine.

4. What I've posted of my past has never been fiction.

5. I purposely remain shady. Because its fun, two it keeps whom ever is involved in this saga, keeps them guessing. When a person knows too much about you they have power over you. I refuse to give them that advantage.

6. EVERYTHING Burisch or Insiders have ever said about me in private or upon their board. Is COMPLETELY false, its made up, guess work and poor at that.

Personally I kind of hope they would post the truth. It would be proof positive of their claim! An cement their validity both in my mind and my associates. And most importantly for them get me off their back. ;)

Yet to date they can't. Because guess work and outright lies are not truth.

Finally.... Here's the mind blower for you "Dan Is Our Hero" crowd.

Three months ago I learned my dear dear cyber pen pal is in the final stages of Lupus. She as of this posting is in a last ditch experimental study/treatment to arrest her Lupus if it does not work. Very good chances are she will not be among the living for long.

I wrote Marci McDowell and Dan Burisch, swallowed my pride and wrote them asking if by some chance in hell they may be the real thing and are working on some god given cure all. Might they offer some assistence in saving her life.

At this point I'd go to devil himself for help in saving her life. She is a very dear years long friend.

My response from Marci McDowell and Dan Burisch's email box was .... "Go to Hell!" In those very words.

That ladies and gentlemen Believers and Skeptics alike. IS THE REAL FACE OF DAN BURISCH.

Nightshade 09

Now we’re getting somewhere. A ‘well-known Ufer’ comes to you to ask you to “lurk n’ leak” to him, “for a possible TV production”. This sounds an awful lot like the “TV Producer”, Shady. I doubt it’s Kerry or Bill Ryan, as they simply seem to report what they’re told. The “TV Producer” thread shows an emotional bias against Burisch which doesn’t jibe with what we know of the Ryans, despite the fact the resume may fit. In fact, I’ve recently been told of an individual who WOULD fit the description, along with having the appropriate resume, but there were other people present at the ‘meeting’ in which Burisch and Hamilton were both at. Money was indeed discussed at that meeting, along with ‘rights’, etc. (I still don’t think money is at the heart of all this, even so.)

But I digress; you say this “well known Ufer” egged you on, and then did he or was it you that “forked over $1,500.00” for the FOIA documents? If it were you, and not him, I’d be pissed too, because I could have told you that was money better spent elsewhere. Either you misplaced your trust in this ‘ufer’, because being a ‘ufer’ he should’ve known that the FOIA is only going to tell you what they WANT you to know, NOT what you’re really looking for in a case like this. You of all people should know that; it’s the same thing as Burisch trying to say his quarter (okay, make it a half-dollar; that’s more appropriate anyway) is worth the whole dollar. Sure, those 800 pages can account for what you KNOW, but can’t account for what you DON’T know. If anything, it would explain how well Majestic has done their job of “hiding in plain sight”. Furthermore, having a big-name “ufer” manipulating you, even by asking for a minor weekly report, would tend to skew your perspective. How could it not? You were being used to play a role in “helping” the saga, with a prominent role promised you, and then the ‘authority figure’ dismisses the whole thing as a hoax? It sounds like Disclosure Faction A (SERPO/Aviary) may have been ahead of the game in getting a leg up on Faction B (D&M). I say that scenario would meet the bar of “plausibility”.

So, was it YOUR $1,500.00 spent on the FOIA documents, or his? Again, all of this may be helpful in explaining your ‘perspective’, but it only adds a new wrinkle without anything definitive (no value judgement about your 800 pages intended, of course).

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Truth Seeker

Post Zeitgeist
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0

Has anybody here seen the new Zeitgeist movie that was released in June? It's had over 4 million views, 46000 yesterday.

I found it to be quite informative. I is almost 2 hours in length. It is worth the watch though.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

love and peace

d

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:13 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: The Shadow Behind Shady
No Don it wasn't my money.

The Uf'er Producer I was associated with and I met in a mutual UFO message board in 1997. I was; at the time, sharing my families personal experiences. It was a friendly board so everyone kind of became a social club on-line of sorts. I knew the Producer for several months before he formally introduced himself in PM's. I as blowen away the guy is rather famous.

He and his co-producer wanted to feature my families story on one of their shows (a segment story included in a much larger show). My family and I thought it over be ultimately against it for we're not out to seek the limelight sort of speak. So we declined the offer.

None the less the Producer and I remain good friends of sorts to this day. I do the occasional 'research consultant work' for him, I also on occasion do 'internet scout' detail. You know scan the message boards for the latest news, contactee, abductees stories. Then pass it along to him if he wants to prosue it any deeper or not that’s up to him. I'm simply the scout and researcher.

I was 'hired' to keep an eye out on the Burisch story not to interfere. I lurked and observed for a period of four and half months in the golden thread and sent back to him routine weekly summaries on the latest happenings, new people, latest from Dan and Marci etc.. (he does other projects as well and not into Ufology 24/7). While I was under contract ALL expenditures were paid. Thus filing the paper work of the F.O.I.A request was no problem. My 'boss ' flipped the bill.

The terms of the contract are simple All work I conducted while under contract belongs to my employer. All documents including the F.O.I.A files were handed or should I sent to him at the end of my contract and I received a big fat check and thank you from a long term friend.

Boomerang and other may scream and shout all they want about seeing those documents. They simply are not mine to show at this point nor are they in my possession. Yet, when they were I did have hours of reading material down to what magazine subscriptions and papers the guys in LV enjoy. :). There is nothing absolutely nothing in those documents that show Burisch is the real deal. There isn't even any time discrepancies nor any usual absences from work or school for any of them.

When my contract was up when the documents were sent away to my employer / friend. Then and only then did I make appearance in 'The Golden Thread'. The rest as they say is history. :)

Shady

Dondep wrote:
Welcome back, Dex. Yes, an interesting discussion alright....... 'stirred' by a certain self-described 'TV Producer' at GLP.

Shady, posting on GLP, wrote:
Don,

I know what your getting at. That the Majestic Thugs where the ones to leave the death threat, and the harassment that ws going. Doing so that so I 'go off' on Dan Burisch thus serving their purposes.

I've thought about more then once believe it or not but quickly dismissed that possiblity based on the avalible evidence.

I originally came into the old golden thread here on godlike simply seeking the truth. I lurked for months and simply sat back and watched the conversation. The insiders, Marci and Dan etc. Simply sat back and absorbed the conversation also documented it all for the private associate I was working for at the time. A well known UF'er who wanted Dan and Marci observed for a possible show on prime time television. I provided weekly summery of the situation for his bebefit.

He was convinced and about to approach Dan and Marci until we conducted the final step. Filed F.O.I.A forking over 1,500 for the paperwork. He also contacted his sources in the true C.I.A and other agencies (Sources that have no interest in UFOs and think UF'rs are just plain crazy, none the less they also did some checking behind the scenes.) What we got back from both avenues was some 800 pages of Dan Crain Burisch live long Civilian with no hint what so ever that he or Marci were ever apart of anything. Black Ops or other wise. No discrepenies what so ever!

At which point my associate washed his hands of Dan Burisch and took possession of said documentation in case "the Hoax" ever made it prime time. Then and only then Burisch's paper work would see the light of day to expose the Hoax and the Hoaxees.

It was then and only then that Nightshade 09 (moi) made my appearence offically in the thread.

Why did I come into the saga if we had already discovered the truth? Well two reasons actually.

1. The discussion going, the thoughts people were sharing, the mental exerise, the hypotheical discussion of how Majestic Twelve might operate etc etc. The discussion was some of the greatest UF'er discussion on the Net. It still is btw.

2. Even though my associate had washed his hands of Dan Burisch and the Saga. There were bits and pieces to the Saga that peeked my curiosity and said to me "something Highly Strange is Going On Here." The Strangeness factor was nearly identical to that of a true UFO or UFO event related that I've experienced in the past. Thus I decided to hang around.

The more and more I read of the Saga, the more and more it became truly Unbelievable, Ill logical, unscientifically nonsensical and down right laughable. I was totally and still am skeptical of it (though time to time for the sake of discussion entertain possibility that he might be the real thing.)

It [the Saga] really became insane to me when Dan Burisch's insiders claimed to you and Pagemaker that I was "Black Ops" it was then and only then I decided to become Dan Burisch's offical antagonist for the Saga Story. Which I remain to this day ;) I'm cruel that way. Like a cat that like play with its mouse before the final bite. ;) The final bite will only come when and if my associate so deems it necessary.

If TV Producer is correct, that Burisch and Marci and seeking to bring their Internet Saga to small screen or are attempting to 'cash in'. I can assure you that F.O.I.A box of my associate has been taken out of the back closet and dusted off. The "Truth Nuke" as been armed and ready ;)

With that said.

1. There has been on going 'high strangeness' going on beyond computer screen. Which still remains intriguing.

2. I can not confirm or deny that was 'hypothetically' a surveillance in Las Vegus. Such a operation would be deemed illegal in eyes of the law. Sorry can't say any more ;)

3. I know without a shadow of a doubt whose voice was on the other end of a said answering machine.

4. What I've posted of my past has never been fiction.

5. I purposely remain shady. Because its fun, two it keeps whom ever is involved in this saga, keeps them guessing. When a person knows too much about you they have power over you. I refuse to give them that advantage.

6. EVERYTHING Burisch or Insiders have ever said about me in private or upon their board. Is COMPLETELY false, its made up, guess work and poor at that.

Personally I kind of hope they would post the truth. It would be proof positive of their claim! An cement their validity both in my mind and my associates. And most importantly for them get me off their back. ;)

Yet to date they can't. Because guess work and outright lies are not truth.

Finally.... Here's the mind blower for you "Dan Is Our Hero" crowd.

Three months ago I learned my dear dear cyber pen pal is in the final stages of Lupus. She as of this posting is in a last ditch experimental study/treatment to arrest her Lupus if it does not work. Very good chances are she will not be among the living for long.

I wrote Marci McDowell and Dan Burisch, swallowed my pride and wrote them asking if by some chance in hell they may be the real thing and are working on some god given cure all. Might they offer some assistence in saving her life.

At this point I'd go to devil himself for help in saving her life. She is a very dear years long friend.

My response from Marci McDowell and Dan Burisch's email box was .... "Go to Hell!" In those very words.

That ladies and gentlemen Believers and Skeptics alike. IS THE REAL FACE OF DAN BURISCH.

Nightshade 09

Now we’re getting somewhere. A ‘well-known Ufer’ comes to you to ask you to “lurk n’ leak” to him, “for a possible TV production”. This sounds an awful lot like the “TV Producer”, Shady. I doubt it’s Kerry or Bill Ryan, as they simply seem to report what they’re told. The “TV Producer” thread shows an emotional bias against Burisch which doesn’t jibe with what we know of the Ryans, despite the fact the resume may fit. In fact, I’ve recently been told of an individual who WOULD fit the description, along with having the appropriate resume, but there were other people present at the ‘meeting’ in which Burisch and Hamilton were both at. Money was indeed discussed at that meeting, along with ‘rights’, etc. (I still don’t think money is at the heart of all this, even so.)

But I digress; you say this “well known Ufer” egged you on, and then did he or was it you that “forked over $1,500.00” for the FOIA documents? If it were you, and not him, I’d be pissed too, because I could have told you that was money better spent elsewhere. Either you misplaced your trust in this ‘ufer’, because being a ‘ufer’ he should’ve known that the FOIA is only going to tell you what they WANT you to know, NOT what you’re really looking for in a case like this. You of all people should know that; it’s the same thing as Burisch trying to say his quarter (okay, make it a half-dollar; that’s more appropriate anyway) is worth the whole dollar. Sure, those 800 pages can account for what you KNOW, but can’t account for what you DON’T know. If anything, it would explain how well Majestic has done their job of “hiding in plain sight”. Furthermore, having a big-name “ufer” manipulating you, even by asking for a minor weekly report, would tend to skew your perspective. How could it not? You were being used to play a role in “helping” the saga, with a prominent role promised you, and then the ‘authority figure’ dismisses the whole thing as a hoax? It sounds like Disclosure Faction A (SERPO/Aviary) may have been ahead of the game in getting a leg up on Faction B (D&M). I say that scenario would meet the bar of “plausibility”.

So, was it YOUR $1,500.00 spent on the FOIA documents, or his? Again, all of this may be helpful in explaining your ‘perspective’, but it only adds a new wrinkle without anything definitive (no value judgement about your 800 pages intended, of course).

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:39 pm
GT Truther

Sooooo, why have you not RVed D+M shady? :roll:

also, if I am not mistaken a FOIA request does not work that way --
you cannot get info like that on private citizens -- you can request it of yourself,
you can make very specific requests regarding the working of Government Agencies -- and Public corporations... Even Journalists are having to fight to maintain this sort of access right now. It is a big battle.

but one private citizen, not even a journalist, Shady, can request that info of another private citizen....never could... still can't.

You can request your own file... and you will probably be lucky if you get it in about 6 months time -- and if you are luckier than my friend in DC - half of it will not be redacted.

I simply have to call you this latest yarn.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:20 pm
GT Truther

Post Public Service Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeg6ByuC4yI

Douglas Adams

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:44 pm
GT Truther

These are one of those strange qurks I was referring to.

Our request form was originally for certian projects and research conducted by Dr.Dan Burisch aka Daniel C Crain, aka Dan Crain. in Gulf War I, Nelies AFB, Area 51 S-4. Among other search critira.

We expected a standard letter "Sorry no such information exists. etc etc."

But what we got back instead was a etter describing what each individual agency had in files and how much it would be to search an retrieve said documents and time frame. Well my friend was more then over joyed at the news and pay the bill gladly.

We expected to that in order to view said documents we might have to travel the archive itself. Nope no such need. They were shipped into the door in matter of three weeks after paying the search!

Again HIGHLY strange.

Shady

starryeyes wrote:
Sooooo, why have you not RVed D+M shady? :roll:

also, if I am not mistaken a FOIA request does not work that way --
you cannot get info like that on private citizens -- you can request it of yourself,
you can make very specific requests regarding the working of Government Agencies -- and Public corporations... Even Journalists are having to fight to maintain this sort of access right now. It is a big battle.

but one private citizen, not even a journalist, Shady, can request that info of another private citizen....never could... still can't.

You can request your own file... and you will probably be lucky if you get it in about 6 months time -- and if you are luckier than my friend in DC - half of it will not be redacted.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:06 pm
GT Truther

without proof that this really happened shady there is no reason to believe this story about the FIOA documents

sorry.

maybe MLK warrented 800 pages - how many did they get on Coretta anyway? -- it was just in the news.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:25 pm
GT Truther

and check out this link...
it looks like the entire planet ison fire:
http://www.ehabich.info/images/synchro/whole_earth.jpg

Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Zeitgeist
digorius wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331&q=zeitgeist&total=1944&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Has anybody here seen the new Zeitgeist movie that was released in June? It's had over 4 million views, 46000 yesterday.

I found it to be quite informative. I is almost 2 hours in length. It is worth the watch though.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

love and peace

d

Yes, we did talk about it - briefly, but thanks for posting it again. This is the first time I watched the 1 hr. 56 mins. all the way through tho. Well worth mentioning again. One reason has to do with the build-up to the power the M-3 money supply and the old men (largely selfish ones; I fail to see a true egalitarian among them) of the banking system who control it. If any of our friends 'inside' could send any corroborative information on the alleged activities of one "Most Honorable Professor Crain" and an alleged "Dr. McDowell", who together supposedly have a hand in furthering the agenda of the "Security and Prosperity Partnership for America" - prominently featured in the Zeitgeist film as a major step on the road to one-world government - it would go a long way to help establish the facts. Thanks In Advance - you know who you are! :wink:

Watching the movie makes me want to go to the window and scream "I'm mad as hell and I won't take it anymore!" just like the "Network" anchorman suggests in the movie clip shown. And then, to hear a Rockefeller speak almost matter-of-factly about what would happen in the wake of what would come to be known as "9/11" 11 months later, makes one's blood boil. All the way down the line, particularly since the 1907 J.P. Morgan-controlled stock-market panic....... I keep thinking of Majestic Chair J-10, allegedly occupied until recently by Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, and can better account for his dismissiveness towards the Resident Ass (or is that "asses", if Bush in fact is a clone?). Bill Hamilton once noted, not that long before one of his recent "retirements", that Dan was supposed to be engaged in working on a new 'chip' - for humans. I wonder if that's part of his new "classified project" that he had to sign a new National Security Oath for.

So yeah, Dig, thanks for sharing that again. Makes me want to remember the 5th of November, one that will never be forgot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shady, at least we're getting some details now, but you know this gives rise to some detailed questions. Can you recollect at least a handful of the items in that 800 pages? You said something about "magazine subscriptions".....can you name at least one magazine received by the Burisch household? Any mention elsewhere of what magazines he regularly reads? How about a daily newspaper; did he read one? What TV shows did he watch? Anything about his extra-curricular activities (such as jogging, etc.?) Just how many working hours do the documents show he worked, for any given period of time? Can you name one agency that sent a letter regarding Burisch/Crain where you received a copy?

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Crusades Imagery in Military Regalia, and ranbling rant
Starry,

I cannot remember the source; I think it was a guest on Rense.

He described many of the insignia on US military uniforms and aircraft in Iraq and in that theater generally. Many of them display shields with crosses and swords, images of old-time steel body-armor helmets like those worn by the Christian Knights, and other symbols worn by the original Crusaders.

Re: FOIA requests. I have done a few in regard to the Federal Exaction.

They are useless.

1. They can charge you a fortune to search their records.
2. They can structure their search query so that it misses the relevant information that you seek.
3. They can delay performing forever, using one technicality after another.
4. They can simply deny that the information exists.
4. If you somehow get them to paint themselves into a corner, they just pull out the broad-tip magic marker and smirk, "National Security".

Anything you get from a FOIA is something they want to be public.

I have seen copies of FOIA documents that have all but one or two words on a page "redacted".

The root question is:

Why, except in a tactical situation, does the "Government" have a right to withhold any the facts of its activities from its people? Fuck "National Security".

:voice rising in intensity and volume:

No Iraqi has ever stolen 120% of my earnings and used it to attack anyone, including me.

"Exaction"is what the last edition of the last American law dictionary calls the Federal Income Tax. Track down "exaction" and find it is a synonym for "extortion".

The sum of all taxes, including those embedded layer-after-layer in the products and services we buy, and permits and penalties and all that shit and you will find that it totals up to about 85% of what the average worker earns.

For example: When you buy a loaf of bread, in most STATEs you pay a sales tax. What about all the taxes the seed company paid? The farmer?
The tax the trucker who moved the bread paid to register his truck. Gasoline tax. Road tax, the grocer's taxes....ad infinitum. Those taxes combined are greater that the production cost and everyone's profits on the bread. What did the government do for its cut? Protect me from Iraq and Iran?

How can the total be over 100% of your income? Add in your share of the national debt that you owe It is about 40K per soul at present, and rising. They can take your car or home in payment anytime they choose.

Bill Richardson [NWO shill] said as a campaign promise that he could get national health care for everyone in the US for a measly 100 Billion.

We just gave 34 Billion to Israel.

Any Christians here remember how the old folks used to like to visit the holy land to stand on the spots described in the Bible? They called "the holy land" Jerusalem.

Last night I heard a travel ad. It urged the devout to visit the biblical historical sites in "Israel". The punch line in the ad; "...you will never be the same".

The latin/greek roots of the word "government": govern; control and menta; mind.

:screams: ARRRG!:

:wipes spittle from chin:

Who is "THEY" as the ultimate principals?

The Bankers.

Douglas Adams

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:07 am
GT Truther

Post Interesting symbol---BTW, Jews Recognize JC as the Messia
A menorah, the SOD, and a pendant Christian (Dogon, Nimrod) fish.

The fish can double as a bomb, I suppose.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.as ... m&idx=1347

Douglas Adams

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:19 am
GT Truther

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

I need no further convincing as to what Shady is

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:48 am
GT Truther

remember when Bush referred to the invasion as a "CRUSADE?"

<snip>
===================
So with the re-emergence of the yellow ribbons the question arises. Are the Puritans still with us? And if so, just where might we find these modern Puritans in America today? What is their message and their agenda? Where is their Puritan Army? And what might be their ultimate destiny?

This image is from the video "Cromwell". It reveals America forming within the womb of England in the 1640's. This is 130 years before the actual birth of the nation in 1776. Here the Puritan Army goes to the Battle of Naseby singing hymns. John Bunyan, writer of Pilgrim's Progress, was with the Puritans in this decisive battle against King Charles I and his royalist army. Note the the cavalry officers in the Puritan Army wearing yellow ribbons and yellow sashes and the banner 'In God We Trust'. Quite clearly the yellow ribbons form an important part of the heraldry of the Puritans.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/puritans07.htm

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 am
GT Truther

Post The Shadow Behind Shady
[edited to add]: Back a page,

Shawna wrote:
Now here is a MUST SEE video and don't let the fact that Ralph Nader said it deter you from watching. To make it easy, here's a virtual transcript.

Why Dems Won't Impeach Bush

What he said was that there have been a number of New England governments who have passed resolutions voting to impeach Bush.

In particular in the area of Stockbridge, MA - 13 towns with a 2/3 majority voted to impeach.

Democrat Congressman John Olvert - PhD - MIT in science, born in 1936 represents this area.

And when this particular congressman was confronted with the fact that a vast majority of his constituents voted to impeach Bush, he vehemently refused. Rather he expressed that the current autocratic executive, (meaning the White House) would attack Iran from the air, declare a national emergency and call off the 2008 elections were the Democrats to initiate impeachment proceedings.

He also said that Congressman Olvert is not known to be any kind of off-the-wall maverick so that if this is the way they are thinking in WA D.C. things are a lot worse than we thought. If it is accurate, things are worse than we thought and if it is NOT accurate, they are a lot more paranoid than we thought.

Either way, the Dems are not functioning as a proper opposition party.

I hope everyone reading noted this, because the implications are that, no matter what we beg of Congress, they're claiming (the majority party that is...... which is supposed to be in 'opposition' to the illegitimate Thief Executive) they're being threatened with martial law if they act on their constituents' wishes. Which means that the Congress is being 'held hostage', and is therefore unable to act.

Thanks for sharing that, Shawna.....even though the video clip reiterates what you typed up, it still has a chilling effect. It means that, no matter what WE tell Congress, they won't fulfill their Constitutional purpose.

What to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shady, I did a quick google of the FOIA, and it appears one must send an FOIA request to specific agencies; there's no "Central FOIA Agency" or anything. There are many samples of FOIA request letters, put out by each of the agencies that are usually the keepers of the requested information, but you have to write each one specifically.

While we're waiting on a sample of the kind of information you received (see above: which magazines were subscribed to the Burisch household, newspaper subscriptions, etc.), exactly what agencies did you make a request to? The big ones, to help jog your memory, are the DOJ (Dept of Justice), the DoD (Dept of Defense), the Nat'l Archives, the FDA......which ones did you submit a request to?

Here's a sample letter form that most agencies recommend using; can you help us understand the variant you used?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agency Head [or Freedom of Information Act Officer]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code
Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear _____________:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
I request that a copy of the following documents [or documents
containing the following information] be provided to me:
[identify the documents or information as specifically as possible.]
In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should know
that I am [insert a suitable description of the requester and the
purpose of the request.]

[Sample requester descriptions:
a representative of the news media affiliated with the ________________
newspaper (magazine, television station, etc.), and this request is
made as part of a news gathering and not for commercial use.
affiliated with an educational or noncommercial scientific institution,
and this request is made for a scholarly or scientific purpose and not for
commercial use.
an individual seeking information for personal use and not for commercial use.
affiliated with a private corporation and am seeking information for use in the
company's business.]
[Optional] I am willing to pay fees for this request up to a maximum of $____.
If you estimate that the fees will exceed this limit, please inform me first.
[Optional] I request a waiver of all fees for this request. Disclosure of the
requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute
significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government
and is not primarily in my commercial interest. [Include a specific explanation.]
Thank you for your consideration of my request.

Sincerely,
Name Address City, State, Zip Code Telephone Number [Optional]

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: The Shadow Behind Shady
Exactly Don thus the $1,500 a price I couldn't pull out of my pocket and I did say we sent requests to numerous agencies.

Shady

Dondep wrote:
[edited to add]: Back a page,

Shady, I did a quick google of the FOIA, and it appears one must send an FOIA request to specific agencies; there's no "Central FOIA Agency" or anything. There are many samples of FOIA request letters, put out by each of the agencies that are usually the keepers of the requested information, but you have to write each one specifically.

While we're waiting on a sample of the kind of information you received (see above: which magazines were subscribed to the Burisch household, newspaper subscriptions, etc.), exactly what agencies did you make a request to? The big ones, to help jog your memory, are the DOJ (Dept of Justice), the DoD (Dept of Defense), the Nat'l Archives, the FDA......which ones did you submit a request to?

Here's a sample letter form that most agencies recommend using; can you help us understand the variant you used?

Agency Head [or Freedom of Information Act Officer]
Name of Agency
Address of Agency
City, State, Zip Code
Re: Freedom of Information Act Request

Dear _____________:

This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
I request that a copy of the following documents [or documents
containing the following information] be provided to me:
[identify the documents or information as specifically as possible.]
In order to help to determine my status to assess fees, you should know
that I am [insert a suitable description of the requester and the
purpose of the request.]

[Sample requester descriptions:
a representative of the news media affiliated with the ________________
newspaper (magazine, television station, etc.), and this request is
made as part of a news gathering and not for commercial use.
affiliated with an educational or noncommercial scientific institution,
and this request is made for a scholarly or scientific purpose and not for
commercial use.
an individual seeking information for personal use and not for commercial use.
affiliated with a private corporation and am seeking information for use in the
company's business.]
[Optional] I am willing to pay fees for this request up to a maximum of $____.
If you estimate that the fees will exceed this limit, please inform me first.
[Optional] I request a waiver of all fees for this request. Disclosure of the
requested information to me is in the public interest because it is likely to contribute
significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government
and is not primarily in my commercial interest. [Include a specific explanation.]
Thank you for your consideration of my request.

Sincerely,
Name Address City, State, Zip Code Telephone Number [Optional]

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:27 pm
GT Truther

shady - what agency sent you info on magazine subscriptions?

don't give me the "I don't remember"

you will have to prove that one of them will... which one is it Shady?

:roll:

who can I write to - to request that info?

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 pm
GT Truther

The requests were made to several agencies

The 800 pages come in a single package.

Again as i said High Strangeness.

Shady

starryeyes wrote:
shady - what agency sent you info on magazine subscriptions?

don't give me the "I don't remember"

you will have to prove that one of them will... which one is it Shady?

:roll:

who can I write to - to request that info?

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 pm
GT Truther

Post The Shadows Behind Shady
Shady wrote:
Exactly Don thus the $1,500 a price I couldn't pull out of my pocket and I did say we sent requests to numerous agencies.

Shady

"Exactly"...... what? Shady, I don't think you realize how serious this issue is; you've made claims that D&M have lied, and while the record DOES show some "creative prevarication" was apparently used by them (in lieu of calling it a lie; perhaps we can come to the same conclusion here with you), you also engaged in the same kind of pursuits, it seems.

You say you received "800 pages in a single package" from your requests; okay then, WHICH of the agencies sent it? Do you recall ANY of the "numerous agencies" you placed a request with? Was there a cover letter included, what agency did it come from, who signed it? As Starry asks, which agency would even HAVE information on "magazine subscriptions etc"? A quick review of the first page of googling results on the FOIA shows there is ALSO a "right to privacy" that individuals do have, regarding such issues. That claim is equivalent to the FBI unlawfully obtaining your library records and even phone call records, without a court order, and then turning this information over to a different private citizen! I can accept "high strangeness", but you have to admit, unless you can name some proper names (agencies, individuals, names of magazine or newspaper subscriptions, etc.) this is going into the category of "high fiction". Even a description of the "package" would help; look at the thickness of a 500-sheet ream of blank paper; no envelope I know of can even hold that. Did it arrive USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx? We don't need to know the entire range of particulars; name just one magazine subscription and we can put this matter to rest.

Before you get too worked up, keep in mind that these are very reasonable questions, and don't even begin to approach the bar of understanding I've had to go through regarding the 'Blackbird' Files; in fact, I fear that if he hadn't been caught and killed already (you know how those SNEDs thugs make "creatively prevaricating claims"), he probably was after I made those posts. So you see, making claims such as you are doing, without having even one iota of proper nouns to back them up, hurts my ability --- hurts our ability as a group of sceptical truthseekers -- to ask for SNEDs to be truthful in THEIR claims.

Think about this.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

"Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 12:53 am: Whitley Strieber post 150 - Cabin Stories thread, UFO and Ufology

The grays were initially very interested in the government people, which was why they were brought to the cabin. Anne and I tried to be hospitable to them, but we were concerned about the effect on them. None of the, not the ones ddubbiedo met or any of the others, were in any way prepared, not by their lives or by any involvement or knowledge. The grays got what I would call downloads from them, then ignored them. We had no choice but to allow them to come. There were quite a few of them who we would meet by the sort of artificial happenstance constructed by the grays.

There was a setup at the cabin that allowed the grays to do a really thorough analysis of a human being. These "psychic readings" that I did were preparation for later deep analysis by the grays.

Ddubbiedo was present one night when this process was going on, but she was not treated to later downloading by the grays. Fortunately, she was only an observer, because the consequence of that downloading was that it would lead the subject to a permanently diminished life. What the grays looked at in these people was taken from them.

All of the gov't people who were treated to it have suffered an emptying of their lives, including the gentleman she refers to. Whatever his opinion of me, he essentially destroyed himself by his flirtation with the grays. He should never have approached me at all, but he did, and the consequences, sadly, are there, and will not only persist in this life, but go with his soul.

To engage in the secrecy and duplicity that the government requires regarding this matter carries with it a tremendous and permanent personal penalty, and by permanent, I do not just refer to the few short years we define, in our state of illusion, as a "life."

After that year of observation of government representatives, the grays lost interest in the government completely. As far as I know, government insiders no longer have meaningful contact with the grays. They have drawn the conclusion that the US government is not important to the human future. Make of that what you will."

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: The Shadows Behind Shady
Don: You say you received "800 pages in a single package" from your requests; okay then, WHICH of the agencies sent it? Do you recall ANY of the "numerous agencies" you placed a request with? Was there a cover letter included, what agency did it come from, who signed it?

Answer:

F.B.I
D.I.A
N.R.O
N.S.A
C.I.A

Army
Navy
Air Force
Marine Corps

Dept of Energy
D.E.A

And finally National Archives and Records Administration

Don: Was there a cover letter included, what agency did it come from, who signed it?

Formal cover letters were sent one for each agency and request. Yet don’t ask me to show it for I can’t at this point. Each was by my associate and I wrote the cover letters.

Don: As Starry asks, which agency would even HAVE information on "magazine subscriptions etc"?

We expected a months long indeed years long process of deny, re-file, reject re-file. Then receiving one or two pages heavily censored.

This was not the case!

We received a single package of 800 pages (plus or minus five) in a matter of three weeks process! As if the documents were simply waiting for anyone to to request them. With no censorship _what so ever_.

Nothing of what occurred was ‘normal’ procedure and entirely ‘High Strangeness”. How many times will I have to repeat this Don?

I know what you guys want from me you, Boomer and the rest.. You want me to wrap this saga up in nice little package and slam it down in front of you on the table top.

Won’t happen! I was working for someone else every thing that project produced was HIS PROPERTY. I can only tell you what happened and what we discovered. What will be done with documents if Burisch attempts to profit from this Saga.

I can’t toss down the Stake and let you all fest to your hearts desire. Its NOT my stake to toss. An I'm growing weary of being called the bad guy in this.

Don: Even a description of the "package" would help; look at the thickness of a 500-sheet ream of blank paper; no envelope I know of can even hold that. Did it arrive USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx? We don't need to know the entire range of particulars; name just one magazine subscription and we can put this matter to rest.

Answer:
The outer package was a standard white cardboard mailer wrapped around two inner, Stamped and addressed from the National Archive Seals. Nothing unseal except it was Fed Ex’d.

Inside:

Two

11 1/8 x 8 5/8 x 2 Easy Folder White cardboard mailers.

Between these copies of our original request letters and responses on official letter head from said departments. On top of it all a packing list from the National Archive itself. There were official contacts on each of the agencies replies. yet we will not reveal these.

The documents themselves were copies of originals NO Black outs and all documents were lose leaf sectioned off with individual tear open folders from respective agency. Each first page of folder contained invoice referring back to original packing list.

Dondep wrote:
Shady wrote:

Shady

"Exactly"...... what? Shady, I don't think you realize how serious this issue is; you've made claims that D&M have lied, and while the record DOES show some "creative prevarication" was apparently used by them (in lieu of calling it a lie; perhaps we can come to the same conclusion here with you), you also engaged in the same kind of pursuits, it seems.

You say you received "800 pages in a single package" from your requests; okay then, WHICH of the agencies sent it? Do you recall ANY of the "numerous agencies" you placed a request with? Was there a cover letter included, what agency did it come from, who signed it? As Starry asks, which agency would even HAVE information on "magazine subscriptions etc"? A quick review of the first page of googling results on the FOIA shows there is ALSO a "right to privacy" that individuals do have, regarding such issues. That claim is equivalent to the FBI unlawfully obtaining your library records and even phone call records, without a court order, and then turning this information over to a different private citizen! I can accept "high strangeness", but you have to admit, unless you can name some proper names (agencies, individuals, names of magazine or newspaper subscriptions, etc.) this is going into the category of "high fiction". Even a description of the "package" would help; look at the thickness of a 500-sheet ream of blank paper; no envelope I know of can even hold that. Did it arrive USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx? We don't need to know the entire range of particulars; name just one magazine subscription and we can put this matter to rest.

Before you get too worked up, keep in mind that these are very reasonable questions, and don't even begin to approach the bar of understanding I've had to go through regarding the 'Blackbird' Files; in fact, I fear that if he hadn't been caught and killed already (you know how those SNEDs thugs make "creatively prevaricating claims"), he probably was after I made those posts. So you see, making claims such as you are doing, without having even one iota of proper nouns to back them up, hurts my ability --- hurts our ability as a group of sceptical truthseekers -- to ask for SNEDs to be truthful in THEIR claims.

Think about this.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm
GT Truther

I can’t toss down the Stake and let you all fest to your hearts desire. Its NOT my stake to toss. An I'm growing weary of being called the bad guy in this.

sorry Shady -- there is no "Stake" involved in answering this question...
your story totally does not fly

I have asked the most simple question ... it does not even have to do with DB... but regarding anyone.

From what agency would you request information regarding magazine subscription information?

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:35 pm
GT Truther

We did not request it. It was included in the range of documents we recieved.

Do go back and re-read my statement.

I clearly stated it at as a range of the type of documents we did receive.

Shady

starryeyes wrote:
Quote:

sorry Shady -- there is no "Stake" involved in answering this question...
your story totally does not fly

I have asked the most simple question ... it does not even have to do with DB... but regarding anyone.

From what agency would you request information regarding magazine subscription information?

(I do still have some friends over at the Center for Public Integrity -- they are very experienced and have a lot of info on FOIA requests)

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm
GT Truther

Uncle John here: I disagree with the following Strieber journal.

This strongly ignores that our governments are completely controlled by ET's using mind control. Who do the visitors think there are kidding?

If the visitors were enlightened and had any heart they would warn us about the coming global warming and ice age. Humans could prepare so at least our civilizations and a large amount of humans would not be lost!

I don't buy into his stated three reasons for secrecy at all. IMO this is all disinfo in order for the game to proceed.

I don't see them having a good understanding of the way the universe really works. IMO, they don't know how their memory and consciousness works and how to deal with the demons that haunt it.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/

Whitley Strieber wrote:
Well, it finally happened. For the first time since becoming host of Dreamland in 1999, I have had a fight with a guest on the air. As you know, I cultivate a very special approach to my guests. In order to draw them out and make them feel at home, I’m unreservedly enthusiastic about their ideas. I keep my own beliefs to myself.

The result is that I’m sometimes attacked by listeners who think that my efforts to encourage my guests are an endorsement of their assertions. But I figure that’s a small price to pay for being virtually the only large interview program out there where guests are actively drawn out so that listeners get to hear their real beliefs—often, things that they literally never say elsewhere.

This time, it didn’t work quite that way. The guest was Daniel Pinchbeck. I won’t go into what I think of his ideas. Actually, I think that they’re well worth entertaining. Some of his hopes for the future of mankind are touching and very appealing.

So what was the fight about? Just this: he accused me of being in league with dark alien forces that do not have the best interests of the human species at heart. He said that I was spreading a dark view of the human future and that, by doing so, I was helping them make it come true.

I understand that the secrecy of the visitors is the reason that what I regard as superstitions have grown up around them, and also that I am in the awkward position of knowing them too well to have any such confusion. I know what they are: complex, passionate and intricately intelligent people who sacrifice a great deal to come here, and are trying with all their might and main to help us through a difficult phase in the life of our species without destroying our independence by revealing too much of their breathtaking knowledge and technology to us.

I have been face to face with the anguish this causes them. Among them, I have seen a sadness unlike anything we know among ourselves, that is born of too great an understanding of the way the universe really works, and the grand and tragic position of intelligent life, to know.

Among them I have seen the mad and the vicious, as well as the brilliant and sacred. There are criminals among them, too, profiteers, thieves, you name it. Often, they are vulnerable and afraid, and this makes them mean. I’ve been a victim of their rough treatment, and a beneficiary of their gentleness.

When, as an adult, I first met them, I reacted like a wild animal—and they reacted like what they were, small, vulnerable creatures who had taken a wild animal into their home.

Imagine if you drugged a panther and brought it into your living room, then woke it up to see how it would react. Well, if it was just any panther, you might not do that. But what if it was a panther that, when it was a cub, you had cuddled and tamed? You might expect it to recognize you.

This panther did not recognize one damn thing. To them, we’d only been apart a short time. To me, they were demons who had come out of nowhere and they scared me so terribly that this particular gentleman became a roaring, raging monster.

But they were not, and are not, evil. Oh, some of them are unpleasant as hell. There is terrific xenophobia there—or what we see as xenophobia. But would you embrace a panther? No, you wouldn’t, but to the panther that’s going to look like you don’t care for it a whole lot.

I have addressed the reasons for the secrecy in these pages a number of times. There are three main ones: first, the visitors would destroy our free will if they exposed us to their knowledge and technology; second, we—in the form of our governments—have reacted to them by doing what we can to hide their presence, and they have respected that; third, the physics of contact are very, very difficult, and unless it is handled by two species who understand its inherent dangers and can cope with them, there is danger that the less-informed species will, essentially, have its access to reality deranged so badly that it will go mad.

They are here because we are at a period of transition in the life of our species, and they are hoping to assist us without destroying us in the process, and that is going to be a very near thing.

Pinchbeck accuses me of bringing on a dark future by predicting it. That’s magical thinking, and just as impotent as its opposite—that you can create a positive future by believing in it.

I say in the program that I believe that mankind is going to experience a dieback, and this makes Pinchbeck furious because he fears that just by saying something like that, it will become true. I don’t want to put words in another man’s mouth, but I had the impression that he sees me as a sort of viral particle of negativism, and that my perspective is designed to bring on the destructions of which I warn—presumably, so that my evil alien masters can inherit the ruined planet, I suppose.

What is so silly about this is the idea that they would want our planet, our bodies, our souls, our genes or anything we have. Are you ready to run off to the Congo to get their cassava? I don’t think so. But you might be moved to go there to help relieve their suffering, even if they have nothing to give you in return. We don’t even have much of one of the fuels they actually do use and mine in nature, which is Helium 3. The moon has a lot of it, but they’re not up there taking it, at least not in great quantity, because they know we will need it soon, and that the process of getting it will help advance our species scientifically, culturally and technologically.

I wish that the visitors would expose us to more of the history of intelligent species in this universe. For there is such a history, with names and dates, and stories of the ruin and triumph of worlds. Diebacks are so common that they are not remarkable. They’re footnotes, and in ten thousand years, the one we’re about to go through will be a footnote in the history of mankind, too. A much larger issue is species death consequent to the deterioration of DNA. Intelligent species tend to outlast the amount of time that nature expected them to survive, and to get old in ways that we won’t need to worry about for at least another million years—but which will, in those distant times, occupy our attention far more than do present upheavals.

The history of intelligent life in the universe is not a history of magic. It is not about god-beings and mysterious galactic superminds playing in the lives of their wretched planetary underlings. Our gods are in our minds.

Rather, it is a history of what it is like to live in a place that is by the nature of its structure, damn dangerous.

Many intelligent species have become extinct simply because their planet has taken a hit at the wrong moment, or their star has burped a little too forcefully. Just at random. They’ve gone down, no doubt, calling on their gods and cursing their gods, and begging forgiveness for sins that never mattered at all.

One of the great problems that our present visitors face is that they have attained something close to absolute knowledge, and so they know, in advance, where most of these accidents are going to happen. They also know that they can prevent some of them. They live with a terrific ethical quandary: should they? If a species is ugly and probably going to kill itself off anyway, should they just let some cosmic accident happen, or should they quietly intervene, in the deep of space, and redirect that asteroid, or quiet the turmoil in a star?

What is fate? What is its meaning? To such people, who are at the extreme limit of knowledge, these are the questions that keep them from going stark, raving mad. And they don’t work for all of them, believe you me.

Too much knowledge has cursed our visitors with a lack of spontaneity. It is why, when I asked one of them, an old man whom I’d met a few times, what his vision of the universe was, he answered me by projecting a picture of a closed coffin into my mind.

They do not fight much, but there is one thing that I know every man-jack of them will fight for to his last drop of blood, and that is the spontaneity that our limited knowledge grants us. They traded this away by seeking too many answers, and they are suffering the consequences. They don’t want that to happen to us, and they also do want to be close to us, to enter our lives in whatever ways they can, so that they can taste of the surprise that life brings us.

Maybe it’s selfish of them, and it certainly isn’t pretty, but there it is. Right now, they are in an increasingly desperate quandary: their efforts to get us to help ourselves are failing. So, do they ‘come out’ or not? If they do, can the contact be executed in such a way that we don’t see the full reality of the situation? But if they don’t fully reveal themselves, the denial that is so deeply engrained in us will continue to function, and we still will not acknowledge them, heed their warnings, or, above all, pick up on the immensely subtle science, which, if we are willing to wrestle with our own minds to understand it, can help us to survive in our earth, and to enter worlds beyond.

Pinchbeck is right about me in one respect. I do think that there’s going to be a dieback of the human species, and I do not think that anything can be done to avoid it. Certainly, it can be ameliorated and even, to an extent, controlled, but it is going to happen.

The reason that I’m sure of this could not be more simple. In nature, there is a formation called a bell curve. When the ascending shoulder of a bell curve develops, the descending shoulder follows. Nothing goes up for ever. Entropy always sets in. It must. That’s the way that physics works. I said it on the show—at least, I think I did—and it’s worth repeating here. Nature is numbers. It’s math, pure and simple.

The human species is just reaching the apogee of a bell curve of consumption and population expansion that began in about 1750. The planet’s resources are going to run out, because we are, of necessity, consuming them too fast. Clever technology will enable some of us to climb down the far side of the bell curve, undoubtedly. But for most human beings, it will look like and be a sheer cliff.

Species expansion and contraction happens all the time on this planet. Ideal conditions come along for a given species and it overexpands. Then conditions change and it contracts again. It just happens. The mathematics of nature.

Another thing that happens around here a lot is catastrophe. Volcanoes explode, global warming causes massive methane emissions and short term extreme heating. Then it all snaps back into another ice age. It’s been like this for about three million years, and will continue to be like this as long as the land masses of the planet are configured as they are. When they change, as they will, so also will the climate.

In addition to more-or-less random changes in the planet itself, we are also the victims of external forces. Supernovas occasionally sheet the planet in gamma rays. Comets and bolides crash into it. Close encounters with celestial objects sometimes play havoc with it.

What’s more, from minute to minute, we have essentially no idea whether or not these things might or might not happen again. Literally, another second could bring about the end of the world.

So we look to our gods. In that, at least, we are not alone. Intelligent life in this universe is on a quest—in fact, it may, itself, BE the quest, but that’s another story—and this quest is to find some meaning somewhere out there past that coffin my alien friend sees as his vision of the world.

And now we get to the heart of the matter, something that even the visitors do not fully realize, as extensive as their knowledge is. It is that we—highly intelligent ourselves, and possessed of marvelously sensitive physical instruments—are at the leading edge of the ages-long journey toward God. We are real experts in this, and their greatest fear is that, if they were to reveal their own failure to us, they would disrupt our search.

Recently, the nature of the human search—its stark truth—was exposed in a most remarkable way. The private journals of Mother Teresa of Calcutta were made public, and it was revealed that she struggled all of her life with the sense that there was a darkness there, where God should be.

The instant I saw that, I knew that her life had been entirely authentic, that she was a real saint. For it is the work of a saint to see that darkness and go about the business of faith anyway. In all of her years, she doubted. No doubt she longed for another, lighter, more pleasant life. But even though she had only a sense of this darkness—she was sustained by no illusions, no false gods, no loving Jesus of the imagination—she still acted as if God was there, and suffering mattered, and compassion made a difference.

She did so while, in the inevitable mathematics of reality, there is an asteroid or a comet or a supernova out there that will one day strike the earth again, and shudder her to her core, and make us, by pure random chance, a memory. Unless we come to species death in some other way.

In another of these journals, I reported my mother’s perspective on the randomness and tragedy of being. She used to say, simply, “trust grace.” Mother Teresa faced the dark and kept on anyway. That’s trusting grace in its rawest, hardest form.

And it’s also why I argued so vehemently with Daniel Pinchbeck. To pretend that we will pull off some sort of a miracle that will somehow cause two and two to add up to something other than four is to trust nothing. Of course the human intellect will ameliorate the coming disaster. This is why our intellect evolved. We started the last ice age naked and living in the forest. We ended it clothed and living in the plains…where the forest used to be. In other words, we used our intelligence to save ourselves.

We will do that again, and some of us will indeed be saved. But not all. The dieback is, by the math of it, inevitable. And with it will come a true dark night of the soul, as all of our gods abandon us. In our suffering, also, we will begin to blame each other. In fact, that’s already happening. The environmentalists blame the oil companies. The oil companies blame the tree huggers, and everybody, it seems, blame the madly polluting Chinese, even the Chinese themselves.

You know what, though? Nobody is to blame. At least, not us. Nature is to blame. The reason is that, because we were so vulnerable for so long, we lost our seasonal fertility and at the same time acquired extremely prominent genitals that are rich with nerve endings. Add to that our fine memories, and we have been turned into rutting machines.

This happened because we were so few and so far between for so long. When we did live in that old forest, our population was sparse, indeed. So nature compensated by making us more sexy. Then came the ice age and we were well-served by that eager sexuality. It helped us to survive that catastrophe, too.

Afterward, though, the planet entered into one of its periodic and brief interglacials. Not brief enough, however, to prevent our fertility and sexuality from working against us in exactly the same way it does when algae bloom under ideal conditions. Remove the conditions, and there’s going to be a dieback.

That’s where we are. But there is a difference between us and algae, which is this marvelous brain of ours. So we have a bit of a percentage in our favor. We’re going to figure out some ways to help ourselves crash land instead of crash.

In a hundred years, there are not going to be as many of us here as there are now, and saying that does not mean that, by some sort of black magic, I will be responsible for it happening.

There is no reason to fear extinction. Species death is a long way away. But dieback, no. We’re on our way down that side of the bell curve—at least, in this man’s opinion.

Listen to Dreamland. Enjoy the fight. I hope it makes you think, and I am sure that Daniel Pinchbeck agrees with me, at least on that point.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next