It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 The Golden Thread, Volume 3.9 2008 
GT Truther

This is an interesting discussion about if the elaborate crop circle made overnight near Chilbolton really was an ET disclosure attempt.

Dex

Was This A Message From Extraterrestrials??

Posted on: March 10, 2008, replies: 145, flags 113
Since a number of years, I have been pretty intrigued by the famous 'reply' to
the Arecibo message. Though it has been mentioned in passing earlier here on
ATS, but it hasn't received the attention I thought it deserves.

That said, in 1974, a powerful broadcast was beamed into space from the Arecibo
Radio Telescope, Puerto Rico. The transmission consisted of a simple pictorial
message aimed at the globular star cluster M13. This cluster is roughly 21,000
light-years from us, near the edge of the Milky Way galaxy, and contains
approximately a third of a million stars.

This was a very powerful emission, equivalent to a 20 trillion watt omni
directional broadcast using Arecibo's megawatt transmitter attached to its 305
meter antenna, concentrating the beam in a very narrow funnel of the sky. The
emission, that could be detectable just about anywhere in the galaxy within
that funnel, would have been detectable by a receiver similar in size to
Arecibo's. This transmission was the strongest man-made signal ever sent.

The Reply

It is so named because it appears to be a response to the Arecibo message that
appeared in a farmland next to the Chilbolton radio telescope, home of SETI in
Hampshire, UK, on 19 August 2001. It was 75 feet wide and 120 feet long.

Now let's take a look at this 'reply' which had taken 27 years from the time it
was transmitted. This is shown as an animated image of the first transmission,
slowly transposed with the 'ET' response. Note the slight difference in the
shape of the heads! ...
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread340541/pg1

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:16 pm
GT Truther

Cross posting:

Yes indeed, it is very important to `get to grips' with this Karma
thing.

As long as one persists in kneeling upon a prayer carpet praying to a
God who is out there somewhere watching me whether I do good things
or bad things and will reward me with either paradise or hell
accordingly, as long as I sit in my pew and pray to a God whom the
communion wafer represents, as long as I sing the Psalms of David to
a Jehovah God who hides somewhere in the holiest of holies whilst I
am sitting with my brothers in my allocated place and distanced from
him, I will always be the subject of the law of Karma, but once I
realize that out there is the same as in here, that I am not the
individual who is praying, whom I shall call the `self', but that in
fact there is no self as such, but that my "identity" for want of a
better word, is the Self, and that Self being that which I always
have been, that which I am, and that which I always will be, once
that is realized in its entirety, Karma disappears into thin air
where it always has been, the problem is that of ignorance, and there
is a way of escape from that ignorance, to ask oneself the
question "Who am I."

There was once a great Sufi teacher who said it like this. . . . .

You thought that you were you,
but you are not you,
you are He.

Tom.

It's not really out there but, 'within' you. The guidance for refining your consciousness is very subtle so the finding of that aspect is your own realization. When you can understand the unknown psychology of your higher consciousness and the teaching method utilized, you can begin to learn the hidden 'Unity' has always been a part of you.
Many who have been born into this world are of this resonance and it's not a pleasant one.
Were here to learn the severance.

Dex

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm
GT Truther

(Note: I really don't like discussing things about this species, but, Courtney's views seem more like a lecturing professor at the chalk board helping us understand another species and the species culture. I believe one day we'll all be before a lecture explaining the variety of star life were expected to co-mingle with in a very short time to come...Dex)

REPTILIAN SOCIETY AND THE RENEGADES

It is one thing to observe the activities of a species, and quite another to obtain a complete overview of their civilization. The advantage of using the Social and Political Protocols to explore Reptilian society is that one can learn more in one session using these protocols than is possible from many sessions using Basic or Enhanced SRV. From the previously presented chapters involving the Reptilian ETs, they appear to be a confrontational species.

We need to know more about the groups in their society.

Do all Reptilians support the overall Reptilian agenda involving humans and Earth?

What are the characteristics of the most dominant group in the Reptilian government?

Are the Reptilians who are interacting with humans on Earth working as an extension of their official government, or are they a renegade group?

Answers to all these questions, and more, are vital to our understanding of these beings.

The essential cue and qualifiers for this chapter 's target are as follows:

TARGET 9023/4792
Protocols used for this target: SPP
The viewer perceives through the consciousness of the Galactic Federation Contact Person for The Farsight Institute, to remote view the civilization of the Reptilian ET species that ¡s currently operating on or near Earth (at the time of tasking). In addition to the relevant aspects of the general target as defined by the essential cue, the viewer perceives and describes the following target aspects:

• the overall civilization as it exists in the current tasking time frame
• the most dominant group in the government of the civilization
• the group that is physically located on or near Earth in the current tasking time frame
• any group of the Reptilian ET species in the current tasking time frame that is opposed to the current activities of the primary group of Reptilian ETs that is operating on or near Earth
• the primary thoughts of the collective consciousness of the Reptilian ETs who are interacting with human governments (or their employees) on Earth

30 April 1998
12:10 p.m. Atlanta, Georgia

Protocols: SPP, Type 2

Target coordinates: 9023/4792

In Phase 1, I identify a target macro with three significant groups. The groups are separated by the way they think and perceive. The macro itself feels cohesive despite sub-macro variations among the groups. One of the groups is a central group that seems to have authority over the macro society.

There is another sub-macro group that is held together by a sense of cultural commonality. I perceive that it is internally homogeneous. I also perceive that there is a loosely assembled populace, or perhaps a collection of groups within the macro-society. This collection of groups has a common need that is satisfied by the larger society.

In Phase 2, I sense that the macro-society is huge. There is a large subspace component to this society, as well as a very large level of variation among the beings on the subspace side. It is a diverse collection of groups. There is a central pull that binds these groups together. The pull feels weak, in the sense that a group could resist and defy it if it chose to do so.

But there appears to be no useful competitive alternative attractor for this society with a stronger pull. It is as if the central authority in this society is the only game in town worth playing. The pull toward the center is constant, like the steady gravity of a planet or sun. I perceive no sense of rigid authority or any enforcement of allegiance to the central authority in the macro-society, however.

Most of the activity on which members of this society are focused reside in the subspace realm. There is also an extensive use of telepathy among these subjects. The physical side of this society seems highly dependent upon the subspace authorities.

When I probe the significant leader of the macro-society I perceive no resistance to my probes. There seems to be a benign welcoming. There is no sense of brutal authoritarianism in the subject's mind. Yet the consciousness of the subject conveys the sense of powerful leadership. This being has a large and complex array of means to assert authority. The relationship of this subject to the sub-macro groups is clear. This subject's job is to connect the disparate groups to the center of the macro-society

In the Phase 2TM consciousness map, I perceive that the physical subjects of the society are being led, somewhat blindly On the subspace side the focus is not on control but on collective advancement. In the Phase 3TM sketch of the target macro, I again identify three groups, and I label them in the conventional fashion, G1, G2, and G3.

G1

G1 is a medium sized group with both physical and subspace aspects. There is a highly focused concentration of authority in this group. There is only a single authority attractor in this homogeneous group. The ideology of this group contains a theme of allegiance to authority. The pervasiveness of this theme is both strong and total. There is rigidity in the political ideas among the membership of this group, and there is a notable lack of deviation or variation in this regard. Membership in this group feels almost bureaucratic, and I feel no sense of emotional competition between the members of the group.

There is a significant level of physical activity among members of this group; however, they use telepathy extensively in communication. The subspace side of this group dominates the physical side. I again perceive a highly rigid central authority for this group, and the macro-society accepts this authority.

When I probe the significant leader of this group, I perceive a subspace being who is a central authority figure. There is a softness to the consciousness of this being. He is male. I sense that he is aware of my probes and not resistant to them.

Shifting my awareness to a typical non-leader member of this group, I perceive a gentle consciousness that is non-aggressive. This subject is not emotionally demanding of the central authority. The subject has unquestioning obedience to the central authority, however.

G2

Moving to the next identified group (G2) in the society, I perceive a large population. There is significant physical genetic variation within this group, but minimal subspace variation in development. This group is highly different from the first group (G1).

The organization of this group is predominantly political. There is the collective sense that the group needs to compete with other groups in the larger macro-society as a means of survival and advancement. The leadership is judged by how well it performs this role of guiding the rather crude struggles with the group's neighbors. The group is highly competitive and potentially hostile in a general sense.

The activities of this group appear more focused on the subspace realm, and there is extensive use of telepathy as well. However, the relationship between the subspace and physical sides of this group are not highly supportive. The subspace side has only a weak influence over the physical side, and the physical side is quite disappointed in the quality of the subspace leadership.

This group is driven by competition and petty jealousy. It is not in total harmony with the center of authority in the macro-society. There is a lack of understanding regarding the motivations of the macro-authority and culture. The macro-society looks at this group with significant dismay and worry. It is like the macro-society does not know what to do with this group.

Shifting my awareness to a significant leader of this group, I immediately perceive that this being is a Reptilian. He is a male, and he is a fighter. This subject is resistant to my probes, and fiercely so. It is like he is being held down and forced to let me perceive him. He is the political head of his group. He is in power due to his own abilities to compete politically. His position is not totally secure. If the group becomes disappointed with his leadership, he could be ousted.

Shifting my awareness again, I focus on a typical non-leader member of the group. Again I find a fighter. There is the sense of a need to seek prey. This subject's perception of the collective good includes help from the group leadership to hunt, compete, struggle, and persevere. The subject questions leadership only if group performance falters with respect to competitive struggles.

With a consciousness map, I determine that the emotions of the physical side of this group are like that of a typical football game, excited and highly strung. On the subspace side there is sensitivity and panic.

G3

The final group, G3, has a large population. There are moderate physical variations within this group, and subtle differences among subspace types. G3 has a group mentality. The members define their own existence in terms of their participation in group activities. This group participates in the activities of the larger macro-society because it is in the nature of all members of the group to struggle and advance in cooperation with other groups, or at least to work within a group setting.

This group could and would struggle alone, but that is not its preferred way of advancement, or of living. There appears to be no single authority or individual ruling this group. It feels almost like there is a collective means of resolving disputes and problems.

This group is highly focused in its activities on the subspace realm. There is also close cooperation between the subspace and physical sides. The macro-society values this group. It is a stable and reliable component of the larger society.

From a consciousness map of this group, I perceive subspace emotions of worry relating to the behavior of the larger macro-society. The membership of this group perceives participation in group activities to be almost spiritual in nature.

Since the macro-society has a wider and more heterogeneous group membership than this group, the members worry about the reliability of the larger society to satisfy their needs. But there appears to be no alternative for this group than to participate within the framework of the larger macro-society.

The Macro-Society Developmental Trajectory

The development trajectory of this macro-society indicates an early period in which chaos and group fragmentation dominated. There is a "Wild West" flavor to this early time. Many groups were at odds with each other.

Soon after this chaotic beginning, I perceive a crucial point of transition.

I sense a determination among the members of the society to resolve long-term potential for chaos, and to change the macro-society to operate in a more orderly direction.

Near the end of the identified developmental trajectory, there is greater coherence in the society. This society has learned how to resolve many of its inner conflicts. There is smoother social functioning and more isolated potential for conflict, especially violent conflict.

Discussion

All in all, the Reptilian society seems rather normal when compared with human standards. There seem to be normal variations among various groups in the society, and I perceive no overall sense of strong authoritarianism. However, the second group examined (G2) seems remarkably different from the rest of Reptilian society, and it is probably worthwhile to comment on this group specifically.

Note that only one of the qualifiers of the target cue focuses on the group that is physically located on or near Earth in the current tasking time frame. All other qualifiers focus on either the overall Reptilian society, the dominant group in that society, or any group of Reptilians that may be opposed to the activities of the Reptilians operating on or near Earth. Since my data collected in other sessions suggest that the Reptilians interacting with humans are quite authoritarian and potentially hostile, those Reptilians are likely associated with group G2.

All of the other elements of Reptilian society seem relatively benign politically. There seem to be no inherent traits among Reptilians generally that would make me believe that their entire species is hostile. However, the observed behavior of Reptilians interacting with humans closely matches the characteristics of group G2. Moreover, the deep mind probes of the leadership of G2 qualitatively parallels that which I experienced in other sessions with this group.

My interpretation of these data now lead me to suspect that group G2 is a renegade Reptilian faction. This group is qualitatively different from the remainder of Reptilian society. It is similar to human society, as we too have our authoritarian or totalitarian factions. These factions have often behaved in total disregard to the wishes of the larger community. It now seems clear that there exists a group of Reptilians who have a chip on their shoulder.

They are highly competitive and emotionally arrogant. I suspect it is this group that is at war at the current time, not the entirety of Reptilian society.

If my interpretation of these data are correct, then we truly have a significant problem.

If the larger Reptilian society itself cannot control this group, then how are we to control them?

If this group defies the authority of its own larger species, then will it obey a directive from the United Nations?

I suspect that this Reptilian group will do whatever it wishes to ignore, manipulate, or circumvent human authorities. In my view, it will not be possible to interact openly and productively with this group of Reptilians, and it would be foolish for us to try to do so. Our own experience with human totalitarian and authoritarian regimes should help us to understand the dangers associated with working with such groups.

Based on my observations to date, we will need outside help. Unless further data suggest another course of action, I see no alternative to this. As relative newcomers in these galactic woods, we cannot, we must not, act alone.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 pm
GT Truther

if "REPTILIANS" exist (as in shape-shifter pseudo human types - not everyday cute little lizards on the Discovery Channel) do they need to work out?

Would they have a need for home gyms?

If so - why?

Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:18 am
GT Truther

Post GREYS AND THE GALACTIC FEDERATION
THE ET TECHNOLOGY OBJECTS

During the first half of 1997, I obtained information from an unusual but seemingly reliable source that suggested that the Grey ETs might be placing technological objects in a desert location, possibly in the northern United States. The information suggested that the objects may be spherical in shape, and that the U.S. government (or at least part of the government) knew about their location.

At first I did not think much of this information.

I had no way to corroborate it, nor did I understand how it might involve my own activities. If the Greys were placing objects in chosen locations, so be it! At least that is how I felt about this matter, until I was given the following target by a colleague for one of my regular solo viewings. After May 8, I took the matter of strategically placed ET technology much more seriously

The target cue for this session employed an older version of the Institute's cuing formulas. The Type 3 target was given to me as one of my regular practice sessions by someone at the Institute. The cue is as follows:

The Grey ET technological objects in North American Desert (at the moment of tasking)

8 May 1997

11:30a.m. Atlanta, Georgia
Protocols: Basic SRV, Type 3

Target coordinates: 0476/9827

Using Basic SRV, I perceive land and a structure. In Phase 2, I become aware of the sounds of machinery as well as a whirring noise. The textures are glossy and polished. The temperatures are warm. I perceive the colors blue, black, silver, and gold. The level of luminescence is low, and the contrasts vary from medium to high. I perceive salty and bitter tastes, and I smell a variety of scents.

The magnitudes of the dimensions for the target include intense energetics that are somehow compact. I deduct a computer chip. My Phase 3 sketch is of a rectangular structure on which is placed another smaller rectangular structure. The smaller rectangular structure has numerous wavy lines within it.

In Phase 4, I perceive bright light. There is energy at the target site, and this energy is a mixture of a variety of energetics. I perceive particles associated with this energy that are flowing in orchestrated or uniform directions. There is the feeling of pathways along which this energy is channeled.

Something at the target site is both large and small. It is big on the outside but small on the inside. Again, these are intuitive feelings, and they may not make logical sense at first. It is as if activity is occurring in the inside of something that is on a small scale. But this small scale activity results in something else happening on a large scale.

I continue to perceive bright light as well as the sense of flowing energy. I am also beginning to perceive emotions at the target site. These are not human emotions. The emotional quality is very uniform, as if the feelings are smooth and flowing throughout a collective consciousness. I perceive a hive mentality, and I deduct the Greys. The emotions of the subjects feel both wide and deep. They are emotions from a collective consciousness that penetrate. I begin to perceive the beings physically. I note their eyes and skin.

These beings appear to be nonhuman, but they are humanoid. Their consciousness and physicality extend deeply into the subspace realm. I have the guided deduction of the Grey home world, and the deduction of the so-called HaleBopp Companion.

(Note: The "HaleBopp Companion" refers to what appears to have been some type of dimensional gateway or portal that was briefly located near the comet HaleBopp and which has been repeatedly viewed by many remote viewers at The Farsight Institute.)

There is a structure associated with these beings. It has technology, and I perceive it is constructed of metal (at least in part). The structure is small, and I sense that the emotions of the associated beings are deeply connected with this object. It is like there is a collective consciousness of beings that extends perceptually throughout time and space.

There is very deep awareness that is associated with this target. Inwardly I reflect that this seems like consciousness as an art form. I do not perceive any human emotions associated with this aspect of the target. I deduct zillions of Greys. Humans do not have consciousness like this. It is clear and beautifully deep.

There are also humans at the target site. They do not seem as "rough" as regular humans. But they are certainly different from the Greys. I probe my Phase 3 sketch and perceive technology. The structure in the sketch feels metallic and nonmetallic simultaneously. It is definitely a structure that contains a high level of technology. I deduct molecular level technology. It is as if there are circuits inside solid metal, and the metal is alive with a network of channels containing the flow of energy The object acts to control something. The technology involved with this structure may be a hybrid biological technology, and perhaps on a very small scale. It is as if this object is alive.

Within the object, something small and possibly biological seems almost alive and moving in a purposeful way It is not purposeful solely for the organism, but also for a larger purpose that is unknown to the organism. The target structure has microcircuits, or pathways, with great internal complexity. The thing is almost self-aware.

But it is a device nonetheless. It seems to have been designed by beings who wanted all things, even their creations, to join them in self-awareness. The internal mechanisms of the target structure seem to be arranged in a stratified pattern, with open areas below the structure and densely packed technology on the upper level.
I begin to perceive that some activity is associated with this target structure.

The activity is orchestrated by many beings, apparently not human. Something is happening quickly I am now aware of a bright light in the sky. The concepts associated with that light are "watching," "pulsing," "rhythmic," "movement," and "orchestrated." The sense of deep penetrating emotions are pervasive with this target. There are multiple structures moving in the air, and I deduct ET ships. There is a bright yellow light associated with a target, and it appears to be in the sky. There are intense levels of energy associated with these airborne structures.

I am now becoming aware of a large subspace presence associated with this target. It is like the physical stuff originates from a small hole in time and space that leads to an enormous subspace existence for some species. Allowing my own consciousness to extend through this hole to the other side, I perceive vast numbers of beings, and a collective consciousness that seems to extend without end. On the subspace side of this target, there are emotions that are mixed across what feels like different levels of Being.

Discussion

Remote viewing targets related to Grey ETs are always a remarkable experience for me. The aspect of their lives that stands out is the quality of their consciousness. The only way I can describe this quality is through an analogy that does not do it justice, but that will have to suffice. Whenever I extend my consciousness into their own, I get the sense of an endless clear body of water. It is as if one could drop a pin and hear it across the universe due to the seamless clarity of their mentality that extends, apparently, everywhere. The consciousness of the Greys is always collective.

They are individuals, but their minds are linked in a way that makes the totality of their collective seem as though they are almost one being. In my opinion, they have raised consciousness to an art form, and their ongoing awareness is nothing less than breathtakingly beautiful. This is not to say that they do not have problems, or that humans should try to follow their evolutionary path of collective existence. Nonetheless, just as I can recognize the beauty of a flower when I see one, I can similarly recognize that the quality of their collective consciousness is sublime.

The current session lends support to the idea that there are ET technological devices strategically located in the United States. I have remote viewed these devices more than once. Apparently, the Greys use "consciousness enhanced technology," a phrase I once heard used by Steven Greer, a gifted and courageous medical doctor who has been involved in efforts to encourage Congress and the president to openly investigate the extraterrestrial phenomenon.

The technological objects that are the focus of the current session are apparently good examples of this type of consciousness related technology. Indeed, it appears that the technology of the Greys is sufficiently evolved that at least some of their machines are approaching the level of being self-aware.

After reflecting on this session, I began to wonder how humans would react to the idea that consciousness can be more than a metaphor, and that the members of another species consider their own development in consciousness to be the primary goal of their collective evolution. Will humans continue to focus their attention on the physical aspect of life, marginalizing spiritual concerns into a soon forgotten once a week trip to a house of worship? It seems that we could learn so much from the Greys about their experiences in consciousness. Will we ever lose our fear of them, thereby allowing us to interact with them productively?

In my own mind, I feel certain that humans should not direct their collective evolution in the manner of that experienced by the Greys. We must not lose our individuality as we grow in spirit. But at least some of what the Greys have accomplished on the level of consciousness needs to be examined seriously by humans.

The magnetic draw toward the beauty of their thought is nearly overwhelming to me. Such grace is truly Godly. Perhaps we can grow to experience that same penetrating quality of clear transcendental thought without sacrificing the individuality of our personalities.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm
GT Truther

Psychiatrist: 'Demon possession is real'

ReligionAndSpirituality.com
March 12, 2008

A board-certified psychiatrist documents a case of demonic possession that offers hard evidence the phenomenon is real. Richard E. Gallagher, M.D., a board-certified psychiatrist in private practice in Hawthorne, New York, and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, presents the evidence in a lengthy article in the February issue of New Oxford Review, SpiritDaily.com reported Wednesday.

Dr. Gallagher is also on the faculties of the Columbia University Psychoanalytic Institute and a Roman Catholic seminary. He is the only U.S. psychiatrist to have been a consistent delegate to the International Association of Exorcists and has addressed its plenary session.

In the article, entitled "A Case of Demonic Possession," he documents the case of a former satanist who had an exorcism performed by four priests, a deacon and two nuns. He details bizarre voices issuing from the woman hurling vicious epithets and vulgarity, her violent reaction to holy water but not to regular water introduced surreptitiously, and paranormal phenomena, such as objects flying off shelves around her.

There were also instances when the demonic voice interrupted phone conversations even though the woman was nowhere around. She also levitated half a foot in the air for 30 minutes and knew intimate personal details of those around her that she could not have known, Gallagher writes.

Dr. Gallagher's full paper on his study:

http://www.newoxfordreview.org/article. ... -gallagher

© Copyright 2007 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
United Press International, UPI, the UPI logo, and other trademarks and service marks, are registered or unregistered trademarks of United Press International, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
GT Truther

Billions at risk from wheat super-blight
03 April 2007

http://environment.newscientist.com/art ... print=true

Exclusive from New Scientist Print Edition. Subscribe and get 4 free issues
Debora Mackenzie

Possible migration routes of wheat rust Ug99Advertisement
"This thing has immense potential for social and human destruction." Startling words - but spoken by the father of the Green Revolution, Nobel laureate Norman Borlaug, they are not easily dismissed.

An infection is coming, and almost no one has heard about it. This infection isn't going to give you flu, or TB. In fact, it isn't interested in you at all. It is after the wheat plants that feed more people than any other single food source on the planet. And because of cutbacks in international research, we aren't prepared. The famines that were banished by the advent of disease-resistant crops in the Green Revolution of the 1960s could return, Borlaug told New Scientist.

The disease is Ug99, a virulent strain of black stem rust fungus (Puccinia graminis), discovered in Uganda in 1999. Since the Green Revolution, farmers everywhere have grown wheat varieties that resist stem rust, but Ug99 has evolved to take advantage of those varieties, and almost no wheat crops anywhere are resistant to it.

The strain has spread slowly across east Africa, but in January this year spores blew across to Yemen, and north into Sudan (see Map). Scientists who have tracked similar airborne spores in this part of the world say it will now blow into Egypt, Turkey and the Middle East, and on to India, lands where a billion people depend on wheat.

There is hope: this week scientists are assessing the first Ug99-resistant varieties of wheat that might be used for crops. However, it will take another five to eight years to breed up enough seed to plant all our wheat fields.

The threat couldn't have come at a worse time. Consumption has outstripped production in six of the last seven years, and stocks are at their lowest since 1972. Wheat prices jumped 14 per cent last year.

Black stem rust itself is nothing new. It has been a major blight on wheat production since the rise of agriculture, and the Romans even prayed to a stem rust god, Robigus. It can reduce a field of ripening grain to a dead, tangled mass, and vast outbreaks regularly used to rip through wheat regions. The last to hit the North American breadbasket, in 1954, wiped out 40 per cent of the crop. In the cold war both the US and the Soviet Union stockpiled stem rust spores as a biological weapon.

After the 1954 epidemic, Borlaug began work in Mexico on developing wheat that resisted stem rust. The project grew into the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym CIMMYT. The rust-resistant, high-yielding wheat it developed banished chronic hunger in much of the world, ended stem rust outbreaks, and won Borlaug the Nobel peace prize in 1970.

Yet once again Borlaug - now 93 and fighting cancer - is leading the charge against his old enemy. When Ug99 turned up in Kenya in 2002, he sounded the alarm. "Too many years had gone by and no one was taking Ug99 seriously," he says. He blames complacency, and the dismantling of training and wheat testing programmes, after 40 years without outbreaks.

Now a Global Rust Initiative (GRI) is under way at CIMMYT. It's head, Rick Ward, blames the delay on cuts, starting in the 1980s, in CIMMYT's funding for routine monitoring and maintenance of crops and pests.

"CIMMYT was slow to detect the extent of susceptibility to Ug99 [because] it didn't have the scientific eyes and ears on the ground any more," says Chris Dowswell of CIMMYT. "Once it did, it had to start a laborious fund-raising campaign to respond."

Ward is now being promised adequate support as fears grow in rich wheat-growing countries, but meanwhile Ug99 has got worse. It was first noticed because it started appearing on wheat previously protected by a gene complex called Sr31, the backbone of stem rust resistance in most wheat farmed worldwide. Then last year it acquired the ability to defeat another widely used complex, Sr24. "Of the 50 genes we know for resistance to stem rust, only 10 work even partially against Ug99," says Ward. Those are present in less than 1 per cent of the crop.

The first line of defence is fungicide, but the poor farmers who stand to lose most from the blight generally cannot afford it, or don't have the equipment or know-how to apply it. CIMMYT is considering "fire brigade" spray teams armed with cheap, generic fungicides in poor areas. However, they will be competing with the rich for fungicide, and depending on where Ug99 strikes, stocks could be limited.

Even rich countries face problems. The US has been fighting soybean rust with fungicide ever since spores blew in on hurricane Ivan in 2004. If Ug99 arrives as well, the US could be in trouble because it doesn't make enough fungicide for both crops. Kitty Cardwell of the US Department of Agriculture says there might be enough if the US fights Ug99 the same way as it is tackling soya rust: spotting outbreaks with a fast DNA-based field test and posting the results on an interactive website (www.sbrusa.net), so farmers spray only when danger looms. Ultimately, says Ward, the only real answer "is to get new, resistant varieties out there".

CIMMYT has been working on this by taking countries' top-yielding varieties and crossing them with wheat from its seed collections that does resist Ug99. For two years now the crosses have been tested for resistance at field stations in Njoro, Kenya, and in Ethiopia, where it is safe to release Ug99 as it is already there. Resistant strains are sent back to CIMMYT in Mexico and assessed for yield and other qualities, then sent out again for further tests. Resistant lines are now being grown on 27 plots in Nepal, India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

So far so good, but the real challenge is multiplying up enough resistant seed so that if Ug99 hits, there will be enough to plant the next crop. This takes time - and it will only happen if the new resistant varieties match or exceed existing yields. Nor is it an exact science. No one knows why wheat that looks good in Mexico might grow as well in Egypt, say, but fail in China unless it is crossed with a local variety.

There is nothing for it but to do the tests, says Ravi Singh, the GRI's chief wheat pathologist. The resistant lines must be just as good as the ones people are growing now, he says, or farmers won't use them, and government-owned seed companies that dominate the wheat industry in developing countries won't sell them, no matter what new disease the scientists say is coming.

Singh calculates that if he can get countries to devote 3 to 5 per cent of their wheat-growing area to resistant varieties, the seed harvest will be enough to plant the whole country with resistant wheat if Ug99 hits.

So it's a race, and who wins depends on what Ug99 does now. Stem rust can arrive in a new area and lurk for years before it gets the right conditions for an outbreak. "It won't suddenly explode everywhere. It will be like a moving storm," says Dowswell.

However, Ug99 has another ace up its sleeve. The spores blowing in the wind now are from the asexual stage that grows on wheat. If any blow onto the leaves of its other host, the barberry bush (Berberis vulgaris), they will change into the sexual form and swap genes with whatever other stem rusts they find. Barberry is native to west Asia. "As if it wasn't challenging enough breeding varieties that resist this thing," laments Ward. "All I know is that what blows into Iran will not be the same as what blows out."

What's more, Ug99 will find agriculture has changed to its liking in the decades stem rust has been away. "Forty years ago most wheat wasn't irrigated and heavily fertilised," says Borlaug. Now, thanks to the Green Revolution he helped bring about, it is. That means modern wheat fields are a damper, denser thicket of stems, where dew can linger till noon - just right for fungus.

Another worry is that travel has exploded in the past 40 years. There have now been several documented cases of travellers carrying rust spores on their clothing. Some fear Ug99 will hitchhike as much as it flies - and its spread need not be innocent. New Scientist has learned that the US Department of Homeland Security met in March to discuss the possibility that someone could transport Ug99 deliberately.

Even at 93, Borlaug is looking to the long term. Eventually, scientists will have to create wheat with a wide spectrum of resistances. The genes may be hiding in other grains and grasses. "Why has rice had no rusts for millions of years?" he asks.

For now, Borlaug says, we have to rely on fungicides, wheat breeding and luck. "We're moving as fast as we can now, but we started three years too late," he says. "We'd better have some good luck. Governments think this is still small and local, but these things build up."

From issue 2598 of New Scientist magazine, 03 April 2007, page 6-7

Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:53 pm
GT Truther

Post Oh my, Oh my, Oh my
Uncle John here: I'm waiting for d&m&thugs to report on the past public presentations by d&m.

And then I'm going to let loose.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post hey baybay
...and baby, you ain't seen no lettin' loose until the ~architect of heaven~ puts it on ya.

sock puppets or not, and no, i ain't no sock puppet. sure maybe i had a puppet that i socked as a kid, but thas about it.

i'd sooner suck the abcess outa amy winehouse's face

no, thats not quite right but anyways...

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 pm
GT Truther

Post no they don't
what do they want?

for as many of yew to show some good transitive
genius
and display some kinda
reality that
sticks
yes you can nail jello to a wall
ya just gotta go whappity-whap-whap
and keep at it

and puleeze don't channel me now baybay
show up in person
and lets start interbreeding with the bastards
why not look at them
we can out-oh-gasm-em i'd suppose
fer openers
plus that lack of features and bodily hair
oy veh

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 pm
GT Truther

Post nope, not blessed with that quality
no, i'm not helping but
hey what's wrong with a littol
humerous interludes
we can get back to the heavy stuff in a jiffy

Dr So: "in reality we filter all contact but the interpersonal in the here and now. so."

Majafeescrappe: "so we give bovine bungs, and yeah maybe a few human orifices now and them butt what the hay."

Everyman: "yu suk. make me puke."

The Overbargeryanktoid: "we don't care."

Tinyman: "no shit. lets all calm down now. only peace can fill."

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm
GT Truther

Post so then socrates sez and they all go ohhh nooo
nope. we don't want no stolen orifices, bovine or human. we want shit that makes sense, and these we, the common fodder, understand basic sense.

see socrates/why hemlock

same as it ever was

so when do it get diff'rent

soon

let's see its almost st. paddy's. yes, soon, veddy, veddy soon

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:21 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: no they don't
ubleck wrote:
what do they want?

Uncle John here: They want what we are thinking up.

Ubleck, you are a nice soul. We have traveled many places and shared many laughs.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post the succumupbus and the inkyoubuy
hey john good ta read ya

yup it will fill in its own good tyme

and yup they are shalurping their greedy littol lips
for human creativity
for everythang yew are given
you are denied somtimg else
thas the way it works baybay
oder wise we'd or at least the
talkative lot of us
would be bulgy-haided
shmarty-pants

if you are given the gift of clear intellect
you are also given the
platter of obfuscation
and a nice gleaming steak knife
good enough to dissect the troof
for the resta you life
while contact
expands and contracts
at precisely the same rate
our vegetable friends
go at it, which as it turns out to most ~seekerS dismay
is very, very, very slowly
sorry its so slow
thats part of why its so dam difficult to see
you alomst hafta be a vampire
at least in terms of life span
no, of korse not you don't hafta suck blood
that's the TV reacting to disclosure
it recoils in fright
well so much for the TV
let it mate with the lip-licking aliens
we are men, women, devo,
and not TV
<pant>

...anyways. you can't get there from here. not that thats a bad thing. stick around. the trees actually see it. change/contact/disclosure. for a human to be allowed he/she/it must slow 'way, 'way down.

just 2 cents. no biggie.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:30 pm
GT Truther

Post shit, what do i do with this thing, doc?
if you experience a flushed longing to experience total disclosure that lasts
for more than four hours, see your doctor

otherwise hang on
it be comin
why?
well, ya can feel it in yer bones
we win
they lose
marble spagetti
rennassaince
comes back

socrates eats hemlock this time and it doesn't phase
him in the last
they recoil, gasping
so it goes
that's step one
we haf sev'ral more to goe

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 pm
GT Truther

...and baby, you ain't seen no lettin' loose until the ~architect of heaven~ puts it on ya.

sock puppets or not, and no, i ain't no sock puppet. sure maybe i had a puppet that i socked as a kid, but thas about it.

i'd sooner suck the abcess outa amy winehouse's face

no, thats not quite right but anyways...

Uncle John here: One of the cosmic secrets is taking on the responsibility of every being, living in the past, present, or future. Try to beat that motivation.

I like Ubleck.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Uncle John here; Ok Ubleck. I will do it just for you.

How did you develop such a psychic mind?

I thought I could keep this a secret for at least a month or two.

Thanks.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post punkin is alive
Uncle John here: Most long time followers of dan's story know how he laments losing contact with what he considers his twin sister, Michele. With great pain in his expression, he has related to many how much this troubles him and there exists lots of documentation of this that could be presented.

I have located Michele and she was alive as of a few months ago. Guess what? Michele is not dan's sister born on 2-4-64, she is his cousin born on 3-22-64.

There is no doubt in my mind that I've located Michele and I have a large paper and people trail to document this.

Dan, do you want me to place you in contact with Michele?

The big question arises is, who convinced dan that Michele was his sister and had passed away? We would love to get dan's answer to this. Short of dan's answer and response to this, it is my assumption that dan is the subject of mind control and this a perfect example of this in effect. One wonders if widespread use of mind control is effected upon all members of majestic. This would explain majestic's behavior which seemingly goes against the welfare of humanity and the Constitution of the United States.

If dan wants to be accepted for the many almost unbelievable experiences he has claimed to have had or discovered then it would sure go a long way for him to explain this situation.

Bear in mind that simple and cheap DNA tests could be done to provide absolute proof whether dan and Michele are twins or cousins.

Please understand I have no desire to bring any members of dan's extended relatives to unwanted public scrutiny. One can read the pain that dan has caused his parents to suffer in his mother's biography of dan and I do not wish to expand this to a wider circle of his currently living relatives.

The ball is in your court dan!

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post its kinda like slime, only smells good
magic is alive
god is a foot
now you go
ask leonard peltier
for instanstamps

man runs
canyons ring
the devil slices and dices all details
the aliens slobber and moan to be
cast of their chains
well so do many humans
nobody gets through this thing without seeing some version of hebben
even the grate
blank
like a pinkish Gar in a muddy ribber
or tha pope tossing rubbers
at the sous 'mericans saying
nay yelling
don't breed nomore
when they go incorporeal
not that there's anything wrong with that
seen the daddy
mommy
and sadly somtimes the babychile
go there

here we go
eternity
the concept that
implies every organism that has ever
is
or will ever be is all there at the same
tyme
just a'chattin' it up

sometimes when thangs discorporate
all the human actions are fairly simulated
as they are sucked into the field
they themselves generated
but know littol of its details
flailing wildly about in a dither
this is discorporation at its finest
no, not from our point of view
bless our pointy littol all-knowing haids
the aliens go wild over this stuff
and fairly slobber all over themselves
superiority be damned

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:45 pm
GT Truther

Post Listen, listen, listen
Uncle John here: We live in times that make the heart sing.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: subject: "Punkin is alive"
I trust your "Punkin is alive" post wasn't lost in the u-phoric interlude with ubleck, UJ.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: subject: "Punkin is alive"
[/quote]
Dondep wrote:
I trust your "Punkin is alive" post wasn't lost in the u-phoric interlude with ubleck, UJ.

Uncle John here: Ok Don, I lost it. I just was thinking about the eternal life of all sentient beings and I lost it;

I see the eternity, but I can't be an effecting member;. I just have to stand on the sidelines and watch all the waste!

The whole universe is watching.

I love a parade!

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post House Holds First Closed Session in 25 Years
Yes, the whole universe IS watching, and here's another momentous event to mark this time. As I type this, the House is meeting "behind closed doors" to discuss the Surveillance Bill, a/k/a the "Protect America Act", a/k/a "Protect The Chimp's Ass From Impeachment Act".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Protect The Chimp's Ass From Impeachment Act" Goes Behind Closed Doors Tonight

House Closes Its Doors for Spying Bill

By PAMELA HESS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 7 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The House held a closed session Thursday for the first time in 25 years to discuss a hotly contested surveillance bill.

Republicans requested privacy for what they termed "an honest debate" on the new Democratic eavesdropping measure that is opposed by the White House and most Republicans in Congress.

Lawmakers were forbidden to disclose what was said during the hour-long session. The extent to which minds were changed, if at all, should be more clear Friday, when the House was expected to openly debate and then vote on the bill.

{Translation: We're sorry we didn't tell you guys that much about the poleshift, Dems, so we've got a Majic Hat of Tricks to convince you to grant retro-active amnesty for the telecoms. Now, what we're really worried about is that one of our own - Sen. Arlen Specter - will succeed in having the federal gov't. named in their stead if they are named in a lawsuit. And, since the Bush/Cheney administration are really the ones in charge that asked them to help and they did, we're actually the ones that gave the order. So we, i.e. the taxpayers, will get stuck with the bill. Or so the thinking goes.....}

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee of Texas said she didn't believe anyone changed positions but that the session was useful because no one would be able to complain on Friday that their views had not been heard.

"We couldn't have gone more of an extra mile to make sure we're doing the best for national security," she told The Associated Press.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra of Michigan, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said in an interview that he read aloud the titles — but not details — of intelligence reports "that shows the nature of the global threat and how dynamic the situation is, and how fluid."

Hoekstra said the House discussed the procedures intelligence agencies use to protect the identities of innocent Americans whose calls and e-mails are incidentally intercepted in wiretaps.

Hoekstra said three Democrats spoke as did eight or nine Republicans.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said "there was nothing new, nothing that wasn't public, nothing that can't and shouldn't be debated on the floor tomorrow in open session."

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said he heard nothing new that would change his mind about the bill.

"Tomorrow, I will urge members on both sides of the aisle to vote for this legislation," Hoyer said.

The last such session in the House was in 1983 on U.S. support for paramilitary operations in Nicaragua. Only five closed sessions have taken place in the House since 1825.

Four members declined to sign the confidentiality oath required to participate in the closed session, House staff members said.

Many Democrats initially objected, calling it a political ploy by Republicans to delay a vote on the bill. House leaders did in fact push off the scheduled vote until Friday, just before taking a two-week recess. If it passes, the bill would need Senate approval before going to the president.

President Bush has vowed to veto it, saying it would undermine the nation's security.

Bush opposes it in part because it doesn't provide full, retroactive legal protection to telecommunications companies that helped the government eavesdrop on their customers without court permission after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

About 40 lawsuits have been filed against telecommunications companies by people and organizations alleging they violated wiretapping and privacy laws. The lawsuits have been combined and are pending before a single federal judge in California.

The Democrats' measure would encourage the judge to review in private the secret government documents underpinning the program in order to decide whether the companies acted lawfully. If they did, the lawsuits would be dismissed.

The administration has prevented those documents from being revealed, even to a judge, by invoking the state secrets privilege. That puts the companies in a bind because they cannot use the documents to defend themselves in court.

It wasn't clear what information would be presented in the closed session. Just a fraction of Congress has been allowed to read secret documents underpinning the surveillance program, and those who have arrived at varying conclusions.

The Senate Intelligence Committee, after seeing classified material, said the companies acted on the good-faith belief that the wiretaps they allowed were lawful. Democrats on the House Judiciary and Intelligence committees were unconvinced after being presented with the same material.

{Background: They read Dadmiral's documents, had Dan in for a look-see, and compared it to what 'others' have been sending, and hopefully will stand up with backbone to the fear-mongering. The video commercial, for those not in the US, shows Dadmiral and Sen. "Jay" Rockefeller in open session, the pictures not necessarily telegenic, with two quotes (one apiece) next to their pics. I believe one was: ".....intelligence is eroding." The voice-over has them 'warning' ominously of the 'global threat' to 'terrorists'. I came close to retching when it first came on.

Tonight many more congressional Democrats, with the necessry votes to account for any movement toward full Disclosure and transparency, will hear ideas that will confirm unspoken fears in the back of many of their minds. While many only heard the rumors, others have been waiting for more corroboration.

The lack of 'protection' in this bill is going to be a major avenue by which the false ruler is going to meet his fate. That's what they fear, and rightly so.}

The surveillance law is intended to help in the pursuit of suspected terrorists by making it easier to eavesdrop on foreign phone calls and e-mails that pass through the United States. A temporary law expired Feb. 16 before Congress was able to produce a replacement bill. Bush opposed an extension of the temporary law as a tactic to pressure Congress into accepting the Senate version of the surveillance legislation. The Senate's bill provides retroactive legal immunity for the telecommunications companies.

Bush said lawsuits against telecom companies would lead to the disclosure of state secrets. Further, he said lawsuits would undermine the willingness of the private sector to cooperate with the government in trying to track down terrorists.

Hoekstra said intelligence was already being lost.

"Each and every day our capabilities are eroding," he said.

Directing his message at the House, Bush said, "They should not leave for their Easter recess without getting the Senate bill to my desk."

Bush predicted the Senate would not pass the House version of the bill, and said even if it did, he would veto it.

At least one Senate Republican said the lawsuits should go forward to determine whether the wiretapping program was illegal. But Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter wants to substitute the government for the phone companies as the defendant in the court cases.

{What I said!}

"The president can't have a blank check," Specter said in an interview. "If you close down the courts, there's no check and balance."

He added: "Wiretaps are important for national security. There's no doubt about that. Al-Qaida and terrorism continue to be a major threat to this country. It is my hope that the president will not find it necessary to veto the bill, that we'll be able to work it out."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_ ... rveillance
___

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Bullworking those problem areas
starryeyes wrote:
if "REPTILIANS" exist (as in shape-shifter pseudo human types - not everyday cute little lizards on the Discovery Channel) do they need to work out?

Would they have a need for home gyms?

If so - why?

Interesting points, Starry.

These Reptilian ETs are supposed to be bipedal, have two arms and have a similar musculature and physique to bulked-up humans, judging by some of the artist's representations, so...

I wonder if they use the occasional abductee as a bullworker/fitness trainer?

Or do these Reptilians have self-flexing pairs of muscles -- even when the entities are at rest -- that keep themselves toned and in shape.

I certainly can't imagine a Reptoid on the treadmill dressed in lycra and with leggings on. :P

Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:53 am
GT Truther

Post Halliburton's drive-in luxury spas
Shady's posted a lot of info regarding the subject of detention camps being built across the USA in the past, but even Whitley Strieber's site, which considers itself to be at the "credible edge," is reporting on it now, courtesy of the San Francisco Chronicle:-
----------------------------

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=6758

The internet has been abuzz with rumors that the government is building ominous detention centers. Now the San Francisco Chronicle reveals that this has been going on for almost 10 years as part of a Homeland Security plan called "ENDGAME." And as might be expected, they're being build by a subsidiary of Halliburton. But WHO are they for?

In the Chronicle, Lewis Seiler and Dan Hamburg ask the question: "What kind of 'new programs' require the construction and refurbishment of detention facilities in nearly every state of the union with the capacity to house perhaps millions of people?" In addition, they report that "the government has also contracted with several companies to build thousands of railcars, some reportedly equipped with shackles, ostensibly to transport detainees."

Edit by Admin

New 4.0 thread started

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:00 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31