It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 3.9 2008 
GT Truther

Quote:
Marcia Ann McDowell, Ph.D.
President, Eagles Disobey, Inc.
Administrator, Eagles Forum

Dan B Catselas Burisch, Sc.D.
Director, Eagles Disobey, Inc.

Frances Griffiths
Deputy Adminstrator, Eagles Forum

Proof that Owl, Mongreal, Caspa might be sock puppets after all??

Who is Frances Griffiths? aka Eagles Forum..

Why the greatest HOAX of history.

The REAL Frances Griffiths posing with the turn of 1900'th Century card board CUT OUT Fairies (alla sock puppets.)

Of course Marci and Ann being Wiccan would be into fairy lore as I am. And would know Frances Griffiths hoax.

To read up on the real Frances Griffiths and "Fairy Dust: THe Cottingley Fairies

http://www.philipcoppens.com/cottingley.html

Shady

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:55 pm
GT Truther

Me and my nephew

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 pm
GT Truther

Me and the squeeze some where in Nevada.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:29 pm
GT Truther

Caspa
Administrator

Eagles Forum Deputy Administrator

« Reply #59 Today at 10:33pm »
Dr. McDowell has received a letter asking about my name, Frances S. Griffiths. Yes, it is my real name. I am from the Griffiths family but not from the part of it that was involved in the Cottingly Glen fairy tale. I am not willing to tell my middle name on the internet because of the vile snakes who would attack me. That would FORCE Steven to defend me. For those who have seen Steven's picture, they know what would happen to the snakes. I will be taking Steven's name in June, it will then be Frances S. Ortiz.

Caspa

Why thank you Caspa, we now have Steven's last name. When you will be getting married (public notices and all that) thingies.

It will be a easy run of it now tracing down Steven's real identity and location in L.V using public database information. If he does actually exist.

You just compromised your boyfriend.

Ta Ta,

Shady

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:36 pm
GT Truther

Post The Missing PhD
Shane, that's a cool bike! I've got a canary yellow TGB 101-S; 100mpg. What's the dark one below the red Ducati?

Shady, quoting Marcia McDowell, wrote:

Frances Griffiths

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Do my eyes deceive me, or is Dan's name lacking a PhD. at the end?!? He's been delimited to "Science Director"?!?

p.s. Shady, I trust you're not threatening anyone, right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special News Report: Diebold Caught Releasing 2008 Winner Prematurely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5Kdm4Eu6w

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Good to see faces to the names on here...(wave). Probably got one of me that's passable but for now you'll have to suffice with my avatar, Sparkle, (one of my 8 pet ferrets).

Quoted from earlier post by UJ.......

"I am sticking my neck out on this one. Just reporting what I saw and was told. Things could get interesting. Would appreciate it if anybody has confirmation on any of this. Ed

Local ET Contact Activity Report
By Ed Komarek
2/27/08
Copy and Distribute Freely
My blog: http://exopolitics.blogspot.com/

I have discussed in some previous writing some of the local ET activity in my area. Years ago I developed my own personal intelligence gathering network locally that at one time was bringing in about a couple of sightings a week over a 50 mile radius from my home near Cairo Georgia. When I started going out and researching these, what I call collateral sightings, I found that sometimes the collateral sightings lead to a contactee that was a source of those sightings. Some of these contactees that have ethical ET contact became my friends over the years and we share information between us. Mostly this detailed information was not to be disclosed to the pubic for ET security reasons and for the security of the contactees.

Recently things have begun to change for the better and my contactee friends are becoming more forthcoming for a couple of reasons. One reason seems to be that world governments have been breaking their promises to certain ethical ET groups to openly disclose extraterrestrial reality to the public in a controlled manner. There has been a lot of foot dragging over the years and the ETs have given the world governments an ultimatum either to disclose or they will do the job for them. A recent increase of ET activity worldwide seems to back up this assertion as well as what seems to be a corresponding increase in world government disclosure.

A second reason for a more forthcoming release of information from my contactee friends seems to be that warfare between their human and humanoid ET friends and a reptilian race is heating up over the future of this planet and some other worlds as well. I was recently surprised to learn that there really is something to these, outrageous speculations of reptilian carnivore ETs eating human and other animals from earth. I was told by a contactee that large numbers of people are going missing around the world. It would seem that these reptilian ET predators are living off the land so to speak when they are here. "

This is especially interesting bearing in mind what I was told (see thread in Active Mind section). I wasn't told WHO my contacts were in conflict with but would seem to be these reptilians then. I wonder if my contacts (the only one I 'saw' during channeling and was human in appearance) are the guys described below? One thing I did learn was that were vegetarian.

"3. The Tytrains: All three of my contactee friends have these ETs as friends especially two brothers whose first names start with A. There are also two sisters one whose name starts with S. The sisters are more recent arrivals and one was injured in a battle with the Reptilians but is okay now. The men are muscular Hercules types five and half to six feet tall and the S one of the females is about five feet three inches tall. The men are around 800 years old, don’t leave fingerprints, are sexy, both men and women are vegetarians and come from the direction of the Horse Head Nebula. They are 4-5 light years away. These distances seem to be very close so I wonder if these distances are correct. "

Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:21 am
GT Truther

The black bike is an old(er) 1998 Honda VFR 800 fuel injected model. Interestingly enough...when I was out on a motorcycle tour last year...It was suffering from some serious electrical gremlins.....it blew the battery caps right off of the top of the battery and spewed out the acid all over us and the bike. We came to a halt right underneath the Area 51 sign with the little green bastid on it.......HAHAHAHAHa, just after sunset. I took some money and bought some Aquafina distilled water from a vending machine there in the truck stop (that was closed)...dumped a bottle in the battery...let it simmer for a while and shoved some scrap plastic on top where the caps used to reside....then I pulled all the fuses from my bike with the exception of the EFI...and ran a "total loss" system doing about 140 all the way into Beatty NV.

During the tour we went through Joshua Tree, Laughlin, Vegas, Beatty, 2 days in Death Valley (awesome)....I hope to be buying property out in AZ in about 2-3- months....

Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:41 am
GT Truther

Post Re: The Missing PhD
No threat implied Don just pointing out a massive mistake on Caspa's part which isn't corrected by Dan Buriosch at their forum.

Here is Mongrel supposed deep cover operative agent for the deepest cover intelligence agency to exist.

Here is Mongrel's dim blub new girl friend giving out his last name all over the internet.

Steveie, Steven Ortiz

A quick check of PUBLC records reveals a single Steven Ortiz living in the same zip code as Marci and Dan. He has a cell phone listed in the phone directories but no address. But that will hunted down shortly ;)

Shady

Dondep wrote:

Shady, quoting Marcia McDowell, wrote:

Frances Griffiths

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Do my eyes deceive me, or is Dan's name lacking a PhD. at the end?!? He's been delimited to "Science Director"?!?

p.s. Shady, I trust you're not threatening anyone, right?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special News Report: Diebold Caught Releasing 2008 Winner Prematurely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5Kdm4Eu6w

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:59 am
GT Truther

Well since we are sharing here I am w/DB, MBM, and Deb up at frnchmen's mountain...they blurred my face out here but have posted me with out my permission before...

Here is me with my little angle at Heavenly last year...

Here is me posted at SNED's...

I was at the 'other person' Deb was showing me the infamous location of the mysterious disapearring cave.

And this is what I do....I am a Project Manager/Superintendent for a major commercial builder here in Vegas...

The first panel goes up....

Thought you might appreciate that one Dex, lots of heavy equipment to play with.

I'm very proud of my project so heres some more photo's...

Peace out.

Dag

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 am
GT Truther

Welcome To The North American Army
02-29-2008
Canada Free Press

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/2040

Will historians one day record that “It happened on Valentine’s Day” when chronicling the timetable of the North American Union (NAU)?

With no warning, a significant military agreement was signed by the chief Armed Forces commanders of both the U.S.A. and Canada on Feb. 14. The agreement allows the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency.

And as Jerome R. Corsi writes of the range of domestic civil emergencies, in WorldNetDaily, “even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.”

The Valentine’s Day pact got zero coverage in the mainstream media whose investigative reporters must have been out hunting down chocolate and posies.

Were it not for a USNORTHCOM photo that surfaced depicting a beaming U.S. air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, USNORTHCOM commander and Canadian Air Force Lt. Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command, the public the media serve would have been left in the dark.

Perhaps the generals won’t get to tell North American Union suspecting citizens that the NAU is the province of only the conspiracy theorist.

Paperwork always comes in handy when bureaucrats cry “Conspiracy Theory”.

Defined by its architects as a “Civil Assistance Plan”, the agreement was never submitted to Congress for approval.

“Nor did Congress pass any law or treaty specifically authorizing this military agreement to combine the operations of the armed forces of the United States and Canada in the event of a wide range of domestic civil disturbances ranging from violent storms, to heal epidemics, to civil riots or terrorist attacks.” (WorldNetDaily, Feb. 24, 2008).

Mind you, reporter David Pugliese, had the story published by CanWest News Service on Friday.

Imagine an agreement that paves the way for the militaries of the U.S. and Canada to cross each other’s borders to fight domestic emergencies not being announced by either the Harper government or the Canadian military.

“It’s kind of a trend when it comes to issues of Canada-U.S. relations and contentious issues like military integration,” Stuart Trew, a researcher with the Council of Canadians told the CanWest News Service. “We see that this government is reluctant to disclose information to Canadians that is readily available on American and Mexican websites.”

“This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation’s requests for military support of civil authorities,” Renuart said in a statement published on the USNORTHCom website.

“The signing of this plan is an important symbol of the already strong working relationship between Canada Command and the U.S. Northern Command,” said Lt. Gen. Dumais.

“Our commands were created by our respective governments to respond to the defense and security challenges of the twenty-first century,” he stressed, “and we both realize that these and other challenges are best met through cooperation between friends.”

While Canadian citizens opened their homes to Americans stranded on September 11, 2001, there was no military aid sent to the U.S. from Canada, whose then Prime Minister Jean Chrétien remained silent.

In a program on the first anniversary of the deadly hijackings, Chrétien told CBC TV that a clear signal had been sent to all Western countries: do not abuse your strength or wealth.

“You cannot exercise your powers to the point of humiliation for the others,” Chrétien said. “And that is what the western world—not only the Americans, the Western world—has to realize. Because they are human beings, too.”

Truth is the Chrétien crony Liberals haven’t gone away. They are merely waiting in the wings to bring down the Harper minority government.

The same Liberals who join the Canadian New Democrat Party (NDP) whose mantra is to bring the troops home from Afghanistan.

Some Liberal and NDP MPs continue to hold anti-American sentiments.

That’s a strange environment from which to forge a plan whose “challenges are best met through cooperation between friends”, Lieutenant General Dumais.

U.S. Northern Command was established on Oct. 1, 2002, as a military command tasked with anticipating and conducting homeland defense and civil support operations where U.S. armed forces are used in domestic emergencies.

Canada Command was established on Feb. 1, 2006, to focus on domestic operations and offer a single point of contact for all domestic and continental defense and securities partners.

Meanwhile, since the North American Union is a three-nation initiative, when will the Mexican Army be brought in during a domestic civil emergency?

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 am
GT Truther

I've got my first response from my letters going out....

February 29, 2008

Dear Xxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding several House Resolutions calling for the impeachment of Vice President Richard Cheney. I appreciate having the benefit of your views on this very important issue.

As you may know, my colleague, Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), introduced H. Res. 333. This legislation calls for Congress to set forth articles of impeachment against Vice President Cheney. Representative Kucinich has also introduced H. Res. 799, which also calls for articles of impeachment to be brought against the Vice President. While reasonable people can disagree about the policies the administration has pursued, our Constitution provides for a clear separation of powers between the branches of the government. Just as the President and Vice President have no authority to punish or reprimand Congress or its members, the Congress does not have the authority to pass judgment on the ordinary actions of the President and Vice President. Only in the rare case of impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors does the Congress have any authority to issue public judgment on the Executive. In that regard, I do not believe that the actions of the Vice President warrant the pursuit of articles of impeachment as outlined in this resolution.

Presently, both H. Res. 333 and H. Res. 799 are awaiting action in the House Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member. Please know that I will be sure to keep your views in mind when this legislation is addressed by the full House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any additional issues or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Jon C. Porter
Member of Congress

I think he missed the point. Probibly just a standard reply, eh?

Dag

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am
GT Truther

Post Re: The Missing PhD
Shady Groves wrote:
No threat implied Don just pointing out a massive mistake on Caspa's part which isn't corrected by Dan Buriosch at their forum.

Here is Mongrel supposed deep cover operative agent for the deepest cover intelligence agency to exist.

Here is Mongrel's dim blub new girl friend giving out his last name all over the internet.

Steveie, Steven Ortiz

A quick check of PUBLC records reveals a single Steven Ortiz living in the same zip code as Marci and Dan. He has a cell phone listed in the phone directories but no address. But that will hunted down shortly ;)

Shady

Nothing wrong with a little transparency as to who we're dealing with. At least we know it's one less sock-puppet. Maybe you can get a photo to add to our gallery? lol! :P

Dagwood wrote:
I've got my first response from my letters going out....

February 29, 2008

Dear Xxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding several House Resolutions calling for the impeachment of Vice President Richard Cheney. I appreciate having the benefit of your views on this very important issue.

As you may know, my colleague, Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), introduced H. Res. 333. This legislation calls for Congress to set forth articles of impeachment against Vice President Cheney. Representative Kucinich has also introduced H. Res. 799, which also calls for articles of impeachment to be brought against the Vice President. While reasonable people can disagree about the policies the administration has pursued, our Constitution provides for a clear separation of powers between the branches of the government. Just as the President and Vice President have no authority to punish or reprimand Congress or its members, the Congress does not have the authority to pass judgment on the ordinary actions of the President and Vice President. Only in the rare case of impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors does the Congress have any authority to issue public judgment on the Executive. In that regard, I do not believe that the actions of the Vice President warrant the pursuit of articles of impeachment as outlined in this resolution.

Presently, both H. Res. 333 and H. Res. 799 are awaiting action in the House Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a member. Please know that I will be sure to keep your views in mind when this legislation is addressed by the full House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to contact me in the future with any additional issues or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Jon C. Porter
Member of Congress

I think he missed the point. Probibly just a standard reply, eh?

Dag

Yes, Dag, it sounds like you got a form letter reply; if you looked at some of the formats for contacting them through their websites, you often have to choose a category as to why you're contacting them. They even have built-in search engines that pick out key words and jump to the conclusion they think you're looking for. As I said earlier, the entire approach insults our intelligence. Unfortunately, having been a volunteer for these politicos and would-be politicos, I know how it works. If you want "access", you usually have to donate to their campaigns. He who gives the most money gets the most ear. That's one reason I don't use those forms; did you use an online form to communicate, that gave you that response? Then chances are not even a single human staffer saw your email.

But don't feel discouraged; this is one reason why paperwork sent snail-mail, in a manila envelope, gets more attention. Firing off an email in the passion of the moment (usually following a news broadcast) is an easier thing to do, but putting it on paper and mailing it has more impact, as it takes more effort. An envelope on the front desk's inbox, handed over by the postmaster, is more "real" than an email that can be deleted with a single click of the mouse.

Hmmmm.......Dow Jones falling more than 302 points today. More school violence, too. The signs are starting to pile up.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

The forklift was last used for placing heavy tile on roofs.

(Note: Whoops. I posted this before looking on the page. Thanks for the pics Shady).

I still have the small unit. I couldn't drive it around in the sand with little tires, so, I removed the heavy lift and built it into another backhoe bucket. I can always get another bucket. I use this tractors' additional levers for a wood splitter, now, I'll rig the splitter to the mini unit seeing it's not much use without the lift.
Two stage ram and if I need to elevate it higher I can raise the front loader.
These lifts are extremely powerful. I found that out by bending a piece of steel bar by accident. I recently used the mini to pull large stumps out of the ground.
These are tools for a guy who needs the extra strength. I feel my age now and maybe, for our last days they'll come in handy for the work that might be required of us.
Again recently, I had to repair our roof, the powerful wind blew parts of it off.
I used this mini to put the compressors, hoses, roof patching materials, etc,..up on the roof.
For one thing or another, all the eqiupment has proved to be invaluable, especially, when their needed.

Dex

Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:11 pm
GT Truther

Shady’s favorite Stand Up Skit of Jerry Seinfeld..

“Have you ever noticed on your street when ever they (the City) pulls out the heavy construction equipment. The Back Hoe’s, dump trucks, street garters. Men will hypnotically leave their houses and subconsciously gravitate towards the work site with beers in hand and simply mingle?

Heavy construction equipment have the same effect on men like a half naked stripper and strip joint. We literally get turned on by power tools. It makes no difference that we’re not driving the equipment we all flock to the construction site like bee to honey. Its instinct. We stand there mingle and guard the site. Like “back off men at work here!”

LOL :)

Shady

Dex wrote:
DonD

The forklift was last used for placing heavy tile on roofs.

(Note: Whoops. I posted this before looking on the page. Thanks for the pics Shady).

I still have the small unit. I couldn't drive it around in the sand with little tires, so, I removed the heavy lift and built it into another backhoe bucket. I can always get another bucket. I use this tractors' additional levers for a wood splitter, now, I'll rig the splitter to the mini unit seeing it's not much use without the lift.
Two stage ram and if I need to elevate it higher I can raise the front loader.
These lifts are extremely powerful. I found that out by bending a piece of steel bar by accident. I recently used the mini to pull large stumps out of the ground.
These are tools for a guy who needs the extra strength. I feel my age now and maybe, for our last days they'll come in handy for the work that might be required of us.
Again recently, I had to repair our roof, the powerful wind blew parts of it off.
I used this mini to put the compressors, hoses, roof patching materials, etc,..up on the roof.
For one thing or another, all the eqiupment has proved to be invaluable, especially, when their needed.

Dex

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:41 pm
GT Truther

The only problem is maintenance and when you have to repair them.
Everything is big. Hard labor.
I never had the need to use these things before until I expanded my projects.
It all began with learning to weld. I remember I couldn't afford a car trailer, so, I built one from scrap steel. First, I had to acquire the welder. And that's how it started with me.

Dex

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 pm
GT Truther

Post nothin butt the fax, mam
okay lets clear the ayre a bit, not not forever, but for a bit

the universe is composed of nothing but workers
works
its gets piled onya

spend your life prying into others works
nose outa joint
so sure ya right

what is right?

nuna us
we all baby chiles

dan? no biggie, just a mouthy person that is yes
working for what he believes
however insane you may thank it is

blame? go 'head be a blame artist, blame everyopne you can get your
eyeteeth on
and try to make it their fault.
won't make you any better
just more filled with doubts.

so how do we approach the ~alien~ agenda
well, we say some shit
afterall words are golden
that puts eberyones
inna plaze
where there is no more doubt

so go
down into the various phantasms
we all go
go again
go again

show me the shine
the shine of your japan
i'm gonna sell my house in town
and i'll be there

what my point is:
judge not lest ye be judged
aliens
humans
whatever
you have no right at all to
be so judgemental
because why?

because
each and every one of yew
is just ummm
positively
to coin a phrase
clueless

so show compassion
for yourselves
most of all
and next for the aliens
and lastly
for all foibles
drifting
throughout the cosmos
with no end in sight
except the mrith of the
Spirit of Mystery
who only then can tell you
how right you might be

who cares anyway how right you might be
you will get no award anyways

what is the alien agenda
to brang whirld peese
how is that done?
by erasing all forms of violence
even in your own particluar mind
even for good reason
don't do it
don't go there
don't suppose
that you know.
(even you john)

you don't.
just plain don't.
just be at peace.
that is rennaissance.
yup, it comes and goes.,\@!
be a part of the schtuff that comes
and doesn't go.

you ain't gonna die.
we aren't getting blotted.
no, the Aztecs didn't know evrything.
this creation was not built right down to the every second that
all of us speaks
to each other
to have:
a. a hollow moon
b. a planet X
c. a sudden honest creation
d. any other

make the spirit of man...run any faster

in my humble opinion
and no i am not schtupid
the spirit of man
is just getting started
just getting started

the major events will happen long after 2012

what we are being wrapped around here
is nothing
a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury
and signifying very littol

your mileage may vary

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 pm
GT Truther

The Good Guys Win! :) Youtube and Dan Burisch cave in and on the run! :)

Quote:
The Affidavit

The Affidavit of April 13th, 2005 and the preceding Canadian Form 255 Request To Admit & Form 256 Response To Request To Admit, regarding the testimony of Dan Burisch, MJ-12 badge number H-6196E. Admits to existence of MJ-12, illegal surveillance of US citizens, participation of Dan Burisch in projects that may or may not panic the population, particularly Project Preserve Destiny and the Tau-9 Treaty Conference for the Preservation of Humanity.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QnYSyT43ozI

Dan Burisch Apologizes for Majestic 12 Harassment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXSALn4IxNk&feature=related

Dan Burisch apologizes for any harassment that "might have come" from Majestic 12.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:19 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: nothin butt the fax, mam
ubleck wrote:
(even you john)

Uncle John here: That was a real good one ubleck. A real good one.

My life is made brighter by your being.

I was at the bar today, eating and drinking lunch when Karen sitting next to me started squirming around doing an exercise on her seat. She said to me that if she kept this up she might be able to orgasm. And then it hit me.

I'm going to eliminate boredom from the universe. Every being will always have something interesting to deal with, like a ubleck poem.

I don't have the slightest clue how I'm going to eliminate boredom, but I might as well try.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Since everyone is sharing

Nightshadoe 09, aka Shady, Edgars F ;)

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:26 am
GT Truther

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... omaly.html

Quote:
NASA Baffled by Unexplained Force Acting on Space Probes
By Charles Q. Choi
Special to SPACE.com
posted: 29 February 2008
11:17 am ET

Mysteriously, five spacecraft that flew past the Earth have each displayed unexpected anomalies in their motions.

These newfound enigmas join the so-called "Pioneer anomaly" as hints that unexplained forces may appear to act on spacecraft.

A decade ago, after rigorous analyses, anomalies were seen with the identical Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft as they hurtled out of the solar system. Both seemed to experience a tiny but unexplained constant acceleration toward the sun.

A host of explanations have been bandied about for the Pioneer anomaly. At times these are rooted in conventional science — perhaps leaks from the spacecraft have affected their trajectories. At times these are rooted in more speculative physics — maybe the law of gravity itself needs to be modified.

Now Jet Propulsion Laboratory astronomer John Anderson and his colleagues — who originally helped uncover the Pioneer anomaly — have discovered that five spacecraft each raced either a tiny bit faster or slower than expected when they flew past the Earth en route to other parts of the solar system.

'Humble and perplexed'

The researchers looked at six deep-space probes — Galileo I and II to Jupiter, the NEAR mission to the asteroid Eros, the Rosetta probe to a comet, Cassini to Saturn, and the MESSENGER craft to Mercury. Each spacecraft flew past the our planet to either gain or lose orbital energy in their quests to reach their eventual targets.

In five of the six flybys, the scientists have confirmed anomalies.

"I am feeling both humble and perplexed by this," said Anderson, who is now working as a retiree. "There is something very strange going on with spacecraft motions. We have no convincing explanation for either the Pioneer anomaly or the flyby anomaly."

In the one probe the researchers did not confirm a noticeable anomaly with, MESSENGER, the spacecraft approached the Earth at about latitude 31 degrees north and receded from the Earth at about latitude 32 degrees south. "This near-perfect symmetry about the equator seemed to result in a very small velocity change, in contrast to the five other flybys," Anderson explained — so small no anomaly could be confirmed.

The five other flybys involved flights whose incoming and outgoing trajectories were asymmetrical with each other in terms of their orientation with Earth's equator.

For instance, the NEAR mission approached Earth at about latitude 20 south and receded from the planet at about latitude 72 south. The spacecraft then seemed to fly 13 millimeters per second faster than expected. While this is just one-millionth of that probe's total velocity, the precision of the velocity measurements was 0.1 millimeters per second, carried out as they were using radio waves bounced off the craft. This suggests the anomaly seen is real — and one needing an explanation.

The fact this effect seems most evident with flybys most asymmetrical with respect to Earth's equator "suggests that the anomaly is related to Earth's rotation," Anderson said.

As to whether these new anomalies are linked with the Pioneer anomaly, "I would be very surprised if we have discovered two independent spacecraft anomalies," Anderson told SPACE.com. "I suspect they are connected, but I really do not know."

Unbound idea

These anomalies might be effects we see with an object possessing a spacecraft's mass, between 660 and 2,200 lbs. (300 and 1,000 kg), Anderson speculated.

"Another thing in common between the Pioneer and these flybys is what you would call an unbound orbit around a central body," Anderson said. "For instance, the Pioneers are flying out of the solar system — they're not bound to their central body, the sun. For the other flybys, the Earth is the central body. These kinds of orbits just don't occur very often in nature — it could be when you get into an unbound orbit around a central body, something goes on that's not in our standard models."

The researchers are now collaborating with German colleagues to search for possible anomalies in the Rosetta probe's second flyby of the Earth on November 13.

"We should continue to monitor spacecraft during Earth flybys. We should look carefully at newly recovered Pioneer data for more evidence of the Pioneer anomaly," Anderson added. "We should think about launching a dedicated mission on an escape trajectory from the solar system, just to look for anomalies in its motion."

Montana State University physicist Ronald Hellings, who did not participate in this study, said, "There's definitely something going on. Whether that's because of new physics or some problem with the model we have is yet to be worked out, as far as I know. A lot of people are trying to look into this."

Anderson and his colleagues will detail their latest findings in an upcoming issue of the journal Physical Review Letters.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:24 pm
GT Truther

REAL Microbiology as opposed to Dan Burisch's.

This is really fantastic and amazing news!

Shady

http://www.physorg.com/news123505489.html

Quote:
Researchers discover gene that blocks HIV

A team of researchers at the University of Alberta has discovered a gene that is able to block HIV, and in turn prevent the onset of AIDS.

Stephen Barr, a molecular virologist in the Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, says his team has identified a gene called TRIM22 that can block HIV infection in a cell culture by preventing the assembly of the virus.

"When we put this gene in cells, it prevents the assembly of the HIV virus," said Barr, a postdoctoral fellow. "This means the virus cannot get out of the cells to infect other cells, thereby blocking the spread of the virus."

Barr and his team also prevented cells from turning on TRIM22 - provoking an interesting phenomenon: the normal response of interferon, a protein that co-ordinates attacks against viral infections, became useless at blocking HIV infection.

"This means that TRIM22 is an essential part of our body's ability to fight off HIV. The results are very exciting because they show that our bodies have a gene that is capable of stopping the spread of HIV."

One of the greatest challenges in battling HIV is the virus' ability to mutate and evade medications. Antiretroviral drugs introduced during the late 1990s interfere with HIV's ability to produce new copies of itself - and even they are beneficial, the drugs are unable to eradicate the virus. Barr and his team have discovered a gene that could potentially do the job naturally.

"There are always newly emerging drug-resistant strains of HIV so the push has been to develop more natural means of blocking the virus. The discovery of this gene, which is natural in our cells, might provide a different avenue," said Barr. "The gene prevents the assembly of the virus so in the future the idea would be to develop drugs or vaccines that can mimic the effects of this gene."

"We are currently trying to figure out why this gene does not work in people infected with HIV and if there is a way to turn this gene on in those individuals," he added. "We hope that our research will lead to the design of new drugs, or vaccines that can halt the person-to-person transmission of HIV and the spread of the virus in the body, thereby blocking the onset of AIDS."

The researchers are now investigating the gene's ability to battle other viruses.

Barr's research is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research. The findings are published in the Public Library of Science Pathogens.

Source: University of Alberta

This news is brought to you by PhysOrg.com

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:29 pm
GT Truther

Post New News
Shady Groves wrote:

Since everyone is sharing

Nightshadoe 09, aka Shady, Edgars F ;)

My, Shady, what a handsome devil you are!...... :lol:
What's the story behind the UFO hovering over the submarine? Is that from your family photo album?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new website, "Citizens for Legitimate Government", that offers relevant breaking news for those of us that don't have time to sift through rense.com and the other 'fringe' forums:

http://www.legitgov.org/#breaking_news

You can subscribe to their newsletter with all the "breaking news" here:

http://www.legitgov.org/#subscribe_clg

Here's today's sampling:

CLG's BREAKING NEWS and COMMENTARY
Last updated: 03/01/2008 11:29:24

White House blocks inquiry into construction of $736m embassy in Iraq 29 Feb 2008 The Bush administration is blocking an inquiry into the delay-plagued construction of the $736m US embassy in Baghdad, a senior Democrat in Congress said today. Henry Waxman, who is chairman of the oversight committee in the House of Representatives, asked US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice today to explain why her department certified the embassy as "substantially completed" in December despite inspections that reveal continued deficiencies in the facility's water, fire alarm and kitchen systems. In addition, two US state department employees who worked on the embassy project are now under criminal investigation.

Attorney general declines to investigate Bush advisers 29 Feb 2008 U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey Friday said he will not ask a federal grand jury to investigate whether two top Bush administration officials should be prosecuted for contempt of Congress. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday asked Mukasey to look into whether White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and former White House counsel Harriet Miers committed contempt of Congress in the investigation of the 2006 firings of several U.S. attorneys.

Mission accomplished! Afghanistan supplies over ninety percent of opium 01 Mar 2008 According to the US State Department, Afghanistan is responsible for the supply of ninety three percent of opium to world markets. A new report has been issued which urges the government of Afghanistan to take action against growers who are supplying more opium than ever before. According to the secret gov't's spokesman Dan Burisch, opium profits in Afghanistan are divided between puppet President Hamid Karzi and US Vice-President Dick Cheney.

Iraq war 'caused slowdown in the US' 28 Feb 2008 The Iraq war has cost the US 50-60 times more than the Bush administration predicted and was a central cause of the sub-prime banking crisis threatening the world economy, according to Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz. The former World Bank vice-president yesterday said the war had, so far, cost the US something like $US3trillion ($3.3 trillion) compared with the $US50-$US60-billion predicted in 2003.

Iraq casualties rise again after 'Qaeda' bombs 01 Mar 2008 Violent civilian deaths in Iraq rose 36 percent in February from the previous month after a series of large-scale bombings blamed on al Qaeda [Blackwater], Iraqi government figures showed on Saturday.

Israeli minister warns of Palestinian 'holocaust' 29 Feb 2008 An Israeli minister today warned of increasingly bitter conflict in the Gaza Strip, saying the Palestinians could bring on themselves [?] what he called a "holocaust".

Australia to sign torture treaty that Howard spurned 01 Mar 2008 Australia is set to seize back the moral high ground against the use of torture by ratifying an international treaty snubbed by the Howard government. The Herald understands the Rudd Government is also considering introducing laws making torture an offence for the first time under the Commonwealth Criminal Code. Opponents of the NWO were generally pleased with the upending of the right-wing Howard regime's legacy.

Surveillance ads under fire --Nationwide TV campaign touting anti-terror measure to U.S. House is described by critics as inaccurate 01 Mar 2008 A nationwide TV ad campaign urging Arizona Congressman Harry Mitchell and the U.S. House to pass a surveillance law has come under fire from critics, who describe the ad as inaccurate "fear-mongering."

Labour MPs revolt over 42 day detention --Guardian survey finds strong resistance to bill extending terror custody powers 01 Mar 2008 Gordon Brown is facing the threat of his first defeat in the Commons since taking over as prime minister, after a Guardian survey found strong - and growing - opposition among Labour MPs to the government's plans to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days.

Police detain youth after lockdown of Pasadena high school 29 Feb 2008 Police detained a youth today during a daylong lockdown and search of a high school following a report of a person walking with a handgun on the campus, police said. The juvenile, placed in handcuffs, was a "person of interest," said police Lt. Tom Pederson. Others, including the student who initiated the report, were also being questioned, he said.

Readers, we need your support!
Please send a donation.
Or, please mail a check or money order to the CLG:
Citizens for Legitimate Government (CLG)
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, CT 06011-1142
To allow us complete freedom in tackling the Bush regime, CLG is not an IRS Section 501 C-3 charitable organization. Therefore, your contribution is not tax-deductible.

Afghanistan mission close to failing - US --Karzai controls about 30% of Afghanistan: Mike McConnell 29 Feb 2008 After six years of US-led military support and billions of pounds in aid, security in Afghanistan is "deteriorating" and President Hamid Karzai's government controls less than a third of the country, America's top intelligence official has admitted. When asked how much of the country's opium profits were lining the pockets of his pal 'Big Dick' Cheney, McConnell had no further comment.

Court gags ex-SAS man who made torture claims 29 Feb 2008 A former SAS soldier was served with a high court order yesterday preventing him from making fresh disclosures about how hundreds of Iraqis and Afghans captured by British and American special forces were rendered to prisons where they faced torture. Ben Griffin could be jailed if he makes further disclosures about how people seized by special forces were allegedly mistreated and ended up in secret prisons in breach of the Geneva conventions and international law. Griffin left the British army in 2005 after three months in Baghdad, saying he disagreed with the "illegal" tactics of US troops.

DoD Mandatory Anthrax Vaccine Ruling to be Appealed --Judge Dismisses Suit Against Pentagon's Vaccination Policy 01 Mar 2008 An attorney for six Defense Department employees said yesterday that they will appeal a federal judge's dismissal of their lawsuit challenging the Pentagon's policy of compulsory anthrax vaccinations for certain troops.

Experts Warn of Robotic Terrorism 28 Feb 2008 Military experts have warned that [US] terrorists could use unmanned drones in aerial attacks, saying robotics offered a frighteningly easy way to evade security.

Ricin Found in Las Vegas Hotel Room; Man in Hospital 29 Feb 2008 Las Vegas police found vials of the deadly toxin ricin and its key ingredient yesterday in a local hotel room, almost two weeks after its occupant was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

Police state USA: Students forced to put their hands on their heads and march single file, as police search for alleged weapon --SWAT team at Blair High School in Pasadena 29 Feb 2008

Judge rethinks prior restraint on Wikileaks site 29 Feb 2008 The whistleblower site Wikileaks.org may resume its U.S. operation following a hearing in California federal court today, where Judge Jeffrey S. White dissolved a previous order that required the site to be taken offline and indicated he would not approve a second order prohibiting the site's publication.

Mukasey refuses probe of Bush aides 29 Feb 2008 Attorney General Michael Mukasey refused Friday to refer the House's contempt citations against two of President [sic] Bush's top aides [White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and former presidential counsel Harriet Miers] to a federal grand jury.

Committee authorizes subpoena for Blackwell 26 Feb 2008 On a party line vote, Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee today approved giving its chairman the authority to subpoena former Republican Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell to testify about the 2004 election coup d'etat.

Senior White House aide admits plagiarism 29 Feb 2008 A senior White House official admitted Friday that he copied large sections of another writer's work for an essay appearing in a Fort Wayne, Indiana, newspaper. In an e-mail to The News-Sentinel, Tim Goeglein, special assistant to the pResident [a lying sack of sh*t in his own right] and deputy director of public liaison, apologizes, saying, "It is true. I am entirely at fault. It was wrong of me. There are no excuses."

Human error cited in Fla. power failure 29 Feb 2008 A power failure that plunged large parts of Florida into the dark this week was caused primarily by human error, the state's largest electric company said Friday. NOT!

Pharmaterrorists' killings on the rise: Kids vaccine linked to fever, seizures 28 Feb 2008 Children suffered higher rates of fever-related convulsions when they got a Merck & Co. combination vaccine instead of two separate shots, according to a new study presented Wednesday. [See: FDA ties pneumonia deaths to infant vaccine 15 Feb 2008; CDC says influenza B strain doesn't match vaccine 08 Feb 2008 and French judges open manslaughter probe over vaccinations -source 01 Feb 2008.]

USDA Rejects 'Downer' Cow Ban --Agribusiness Secretary Finds Existing Meat-Processing Rules Adequate 29 Feb 2008 Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer told Congress yesterday that he would not endorse an outright ban on "downer" cows entering the food supply or back stiffer penalties for regulatory violations by meat-processing plants in the wake of the largest beef recall in the nation's history. [Hopefully, Bush and Cheney will gobble up that diseased dead cow.]

$4 gasoline? It's news to Bush --When asked about the possibility of the price going that high, president says, 'That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.' 29 Feb 2008 The prospect of sharply higher fuel prices, including $4-a-gallon gasoline, may not have made it into Oval Office briefing books, perhaps explaining why President [sic] Bush was surprised Thursday when a reporter mentioned what energy analysts are saying could happen soon in many parts of the country. "Wait, what did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gasoline?" Bush responded to a reporter who said some analysts expect prices to soon climb that high. "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. . . . I know it's high now."

Republicans Block Consideration of Housing Relief Package in Senate 29 Feb 2008 Senate Republicans yesterday blocked consideration of a bill designed to prop up the struggling housing industry. The mortgage industry has waged a stiff lobbying campaign against the bankruptcy provision.

U.S. banking sector headed for meltdown, official says --Banks face massive loan losses because of defaults on debts and housing-price slide 27 Feb 2008 The U.S. banking sector is headed for a credit downturn that will be "the worst in generations," featuring widespread defaults on a range of debts and a national housing price slide not seen since the Great Depression, one of the most influential analysts on Wall Street says.

Mine Water Poses Danger of a Toxic Gusher 28 Feb 2008 (CO) This month, Lake County commissioners declared a state of emergency over concerns that rising levels of contaminated water could burst from the Leadville Mine Drainage Tunnel and flood the town... The aging tunnel, which stretches 2.1 miles, has become dammed by debris. The debris is holding back more than a billion gallons of water, much of it tainted with toxic levels of cadmium, zinc and manganese. [Bush is waiting for the toxic water to gush, so that he can send Halliburton, KBR and Blackwater in for the 'cleanup.' Dollars to doughnuts, Bush already has the no-bid contract signed, sealed and delivered - much like the New Orleans contracts with same, after he blew the levies. --LRP]

Congressional panel calls for release of CDC report about the Great Lakes --Congress begins probe of CDC 29 Feb 2008 A congressional committee said Thursday that it was investigating why the Centers for Disease Control has declined to release a report about health problems near contaminated sites around the Great Lakes.

Alaska town sues 24 energy companies on climate change 27 Feb 2008 An Alaskan village north of the Arctic Circle has filed suit in a U.S. District Court against 24 energy companies, in an attempt to link erosion damage from global warming to the defendants' actions.

ACLU: 900,000 Names on U.S. Terror Watch Lists 27 Feb 2008 The FBI now keeps a list of over 900,000 names belonging to known or suspected terrorists, the American Civil Liberties Union said today. Last September, the ACLU notes, the Department of Justice's Inspector General reported the FBI watch list was at 700,000 names, and growing at 20,000 names per month.

U.S. policy suffers setback as Iraq rejects election bill [Yeah, there are no elections in the US, either.] 27 Feb 2008 Iraq's presidential council rejected a plan for new provincial elections and sent the bill back to parliament Wednesday for reworking, a major setback to U.S.-backed efforts to 'promote' national reconciliation.

Iraq journalist union head dies after gun attack 27 Feb 2008 The head of Iraq's biggest journalist organization died on Wednesday, colleagues said, four days after being seriously wounded by [Blackwater] gunmen who opened fire on his car in Baghdad. Shihab al-Tamimi, 74, was an independent journalist working for many local newspapers. He was known for his outspoken views against the 2003 U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and the continued presence of U.S. troops on Iraqi soil.

State Dept. orders another review of troubled Baghdad embassy 27 Feb 2008 The State Department's new embassy construction chief [Richard Shinnick] has rejected his predecessor's certification that the $740 million new U.S. embassy in Baghdad is "substantially completed" and has instead begun a top-to-bottom review of the troubled project.

Missile hits house in Pakistani area 'known' for Qaeda --Ten *suspected* militants killed [Sounds like another run-o'-the-mill US war crime to me.] 28 Feb 2008 A missile today struck a house in a Pakistani region 'known' as being a haven for Al Qaeda [al-CIAduh], killing 10 suspected militants, intelligence officials and residents said. The attack took place near Kaloosha village in the South Waziristan tribal region on the Afghan border. A security official said he believed that the missile was fired by US forces who are operating in neighboring Afghanistan and that the house hit belonged to a Pashtun tribesman, Sher Mohammad Malikkheil, also known as Sheroo... "Ten people, most of them believed to be of Arab origin, were killed and seven wounded," said an intelligence official, who declined to be identified. He said it was not known whether any top militant leaders were among the dead.

The Torture Playlist 22 Feb 2008 Music has been used in American military prisons and on bases to induce sleep deprivation, "prolong capture shock," disorient detainees during interrogations--and also drown out screams. Based on a leaked interrogation log, news reports, and the accounts of soldiers and prisoners, here are some of the songs that guards and interrogators chose.

Pelosi wants Bush aides investigated 28 Feb 2008 House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked the Justice Department on Thursday to open a grand jury investigation into whether President [sic] Bush's chief of staff and former counsel should be prosecuted for contempt of Congress.

Bush, Congress Wrangle Over Domestic Spying 27 Feb 2008 Former senior intelligence officials are disputing claims by the George W. Bush administration that the failure of Congress to pass a new foreign surveillance law is jeopardising the country's national security.

U.S. incarcerates more than any other nation: report 28 Feb 2008 The United States incarcerates more people than any other country in the world and for the first time in the nation's history, more than one in every 100 American adults is confined in a prison or jail, according to a report released on Thursday.

New strategy to stem flow of terror recruits --Areas profiled for extremist risk --Action in state schools and prisons 28 Feb 2008 Senior police officers have drawn up a radical strategy to stop British Muslims turning to violence which will see every area of the country mapped for its potential to produce extremists and supporters for al-Qaida [al-CIAduh]. The 40-page document, marked restricted, was approved by a top-level police 'counter'-terrorism committee on Monday, and is expected to be formally adopted within weeks. The Association of Chief Police Officers hopes it will help to stop al-Qaida's ideas gaining hold in primary schools, colleges, the internet and prisons.

Craig Accepting Applications for Summer Interns --Deadline Quickly Approaching (craig.senate.gov) 26 Feb 2008 Idaho Senator Larry Craig is currently seeking intern applications for the summer term, which runs from May to August. The application deadline is March 15, however if more time is needed for the application process, please contact Senator Craig's office for an extension. Craig offers paid internships within the Washington, D.C., office. Young males with a "wide stance" are preferred.

FBI: Scruggs Paid 2 Men to Persuade AG 28 Feb 2008 A prominent attorney embroiled in a judicial bribery case paid two associates $500,000 to convince Mississippi's Attorney General not to file criminal charges against an insurance company, according to court records. Plaintiffs lawyer Richard "Dickie" Scruggs, who sued State Farm Fire and Casualty Cos. soon after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, was afraid the company "was not going to settle the civil cases" if the attorney general's office filed criminal charges, according to an FBI report filed Monday in the bribery case.

Comcast Accused of Packing FCC Hearing 27 Feb 2008 Cable giant Comcast was accused Tuesday of hiring people off the street in Boston to pack an FCC hearing on Internet neutrality at Harvard University on Monday. Among other things, the commission was looking into charges that Comcast routinely slows down or blocks access to peer-to-peer networks. Critics of the cable provider posted pictures on the Internet of the alleged seat-fillers sleeping during the hearing.

Firefighters put out huge blaze after explosion at gas terminal 28 Feb 2008 Fire crews have put out what was described as a "very large-scale incident" at one of the UK's largest gas terminals. Numerous crews were called to the Shell UK Bacton gas terminal in Norfolk at 5.45pm after a blast at a water treatment plant.

Explosion Rocks Illinois Shopping Mall --At Least 9 Injured; Authorities Believe Gas Leak Caused Blast 28 Feb 2008 An explosion possibly caused by a gas leak ripped through a suburban Chicago shopping plaza Thursday, injuring at least nine people and rattling nearby buildings, fire officials said. Eight people were taken to a hospital, none with life-threatening injuries, and another was treated at the scene, Deputy Fire Chief Dan Young said. Officials expect more broken gas and water mains in the coming months 'due to agining infrastructure'. Asked if this was a cover for Zeta predictions of exploding pipelines globally and in particular from the slowly-tearing New Madrid fault line, officials declined comment.

All Kids Must Get Flu Vaccine, Panel Says 288 Feb 2008 All U.S. children aged from six months up to 18 should be immunized every year 'against' influenza, a panel of federal vaccine advisers said on Wednesday. Five companies pharma-terrorists now make flu vaccine for the U.S. market -- Sanofi Pasteur, Australia's CSL Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novartis AG and nasal spray maker MedImmune, recently acquired by AstraZeneca Plc. [See: FDA ties pneumonia deaths to infant vaccine 15 Feb 2008; CDC says influenza B strain doesn't match vaccine 08 Feb 2008 and French judges open manslaughter probe over vaccinations -source 01 Feb 2008.]

US Government Asks Court to Seal Vaccine Records (Reuters) 26 Nov 2002 Attorneys for the Bush Administration asked a federal court on Monday to order that documents on hundreds of cases of autism allegedly caused by childhood vaccines be kept from the public. Department of Justice lawyers asked a special master in the US Court of Federal Claims to seal the documents...

House OKs new taxes on big oil companies --Bush expected to veto, if legislation passes Congress 27 Feb 2008 The House approved $18 billion in new taxes on the largest oil companies Wednesday as Democrats cited record oil prices and rising gasoline costs in a time of economic troubles. Senate Democratic leaders said they would put the bill on a fast track and try to avoid a Republican filibuster.

Exxon Mobil appeals $2.5 bln Valdez oil spill award 27 Feb 2008 Exxon Mobil Corp urged the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday to overturn the $2.5 billion in punitive damages for the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill off Alaska. The 90 minutes of arguments before the high court occurred just several weeks after the huge Texas-based oil company reported the highest-ever quarterly profit for a U.S. company of $11.7 billion.

Storm-plagued village sues energy companies 26 Feb 2008 The eroding village of Kivalina in the Northwest Arctic is suing Exxon Mobil and 23 other energy companies for damage related to global warming.

Generals to quit if US strikes Iran 26 Feb 2008 Some senior US military commanders are prepared to resign if President [sic] Bush orders a military strike against Iran, a new report says. "There are four or five generals and admirals we know of who would resign if Bush ordered an attack on Iran," The Sunday Times quoted Monday a source with close ties to British intelligence.

Up to 70% of US aid to Pakistan 'misspent' 27 Feb 2008 America's massive military aid package to Pakistan has come under scrutiny after allegations that as much as 70% of $5.4bn in assistance has been misspent. Since 2002, the US has paid the operating costs of Pakistan's military operations in the tribal belt along the Afghan border, where Taliban and al-Qaida fighters are sheltering. Pakistan provides over 100,000 troops and directs the fight; the US foots the bill for food, fuel, ammunition and maintenance. The cash payments [bribes] -- averaging $80m a month -- have been a cornerstone of US support for President Pervez Musharraf.

Iraq's Presidential Council Rejects Provincial Election Law 28 Feb 2008 Iraq's presidential council has rejected a law setting up provincial elections and returned the measure to Parliament for further discussion. [LOL! Looks like the surge sucks, six ways to Sunday.]

More troops for Iraq and Afghanistan, Defense Department says --An Army general warns of strain on deployed troops. 26 Feb 2008 The Defense Department says it needs more troops to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. But an Army general warns that troops already in the fight are under too much strain... The Defense Department announced that by July 2008, it will have more troops on the ground in Iraq than when the "surge was announced last January, while troop levels in Afghanistan will be at their highest since 2001, the Associated Press reports.

Senate Advances Bill to Cut War Funding 26 Feb 2008 Senate Republicans agreed Tuesday to advance a bill that would cut off money for Iraq, saying the additional debating time would allow them to tout "progress" [LOL!] there. "Americans need to start taking care of Americans," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) said. "We cannot spend a half billion dollars every day in Iraq."

Marines halt study critical of MRAP program 26 Feb 2008 The Marine Corps has ordered a civilian scientist to stop work on a report critical of its efforts to obtain new armored vehicles, saying he exceeded his authority, a Marine official said Tuesday. Franz Gayl, a retired Marine officer and civilian science adviser, alleged in a Jan. 22 report that "gross mismanagement" of the program to quickly field Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles had resulted in the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of Marines in Iraq.

Governor tells Pentagon to return Guard gear 26 Feb 2008 Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told Bush administration officials Monday that he is tired of the Pentagon treating the California National Guard like a stepchild by using its equipment in Iraq and Afghanistan without returning or replacing it.

Killer robots could pose latest militant threat 27 Feb 2008 Killer robots could become the weapon of choice for militants, a British expert said on Wednesday. Noel Sharkey, professor of artificial intelligence and robotics at the University of Sheffield said he believed falling costs would soon make robots a realistic option for extremist groups [such as the Pentagon].

Former SAS man condemns British role in torture tactics 26 Feb 2008 Hundreds of Iraqis and Afghans captured by British and American special forces were rendered to prisons where they faced torture, a former SAS soldier said yesterday. Ben Griffin said individuals detained by SAS troops in a joint UK-US special forces taskforce had ended up in interrogation centres in Iraq, including the notorious Abu Ghraib prison, and in Afghanistan, as well as Guantánamo Bay.

Journalist for CTV labelled 'unlawful enemy combatant' by U.S. military 27 Feb 2008 The U.S. military has designated a journalist employed by CTV in Afghanistan as an unlawful enemy combatant. A military spokesman told the Associated Press that a review board has determined Jawed Ahmad, an Afghan national, is a danger to foreign troops and the Afghan government.

Major US groups file motion on behalf of Wikileaks users 27 Feb 2008 The anonymous internet phenomenon Wikileaks.org today won two influential allies in its fight against a US court order shutting down the website. Wikileaks disclosed secret documents on Guantanamo Bay, Northern Rock and other controversial issues before a Swiss bank won a legal injunction that blocked its US server last week.

Gordon Brown faces defeat on 42-day anti-terror law 27 Feb 0208 Gordon Brown faces the first major defeat of his premiership as ministers and security chiefs admitted last night that they were losing the battle to detain terror suspects without charge for 42 days.

Home secretary makes concession in terror detention row 26 Feb 2008 Jacqui Smith is to offer a concession to backbench Labour MPs in an attempt to avoid a damaging rebellion against the government's plans to detain terror suspects without charge for up to 42 days.

Home Office Laptop 'Bought On Ebay' 27 Feb 2008 Sky sources understand that counter terrorism police are investigating the discovery of a Home Office laptop and encrypted data disc.

GOP Halts Effort to Retrieve White House E-Mails 27 Feb 2008 After promising last year to search its computers for tens of thousands of e-mails sent by White House officials, the Republican National Committee has informed a House committee that it no longer plans to retrieve the communications by restoring computer backup tapes, the panel's chairman said yesterday. The move increases the likelihood that an untold number of RNC e-mails dealing with official White House business during the first term of the Bush administration -- including many sent or received by former presidential adviser Karl Rove -- will never be recovered, said House Democrats and public records advocates.

McCain fortune traced to organized crime --Mob figures later implicated in Arizona savings and loan scandal 26 Feb 2008 John McCain's personal fortune traces back to organized crime in Arizona, through his father-in-law, according to a report published by a multi-news agency team called Investigative Reporters and Editors Inc.

Loans Could Paint McCain Into Corner 27 Feb 2008 Sen. John McCain's campaign and a Bethesda bank strongly defended $4 million in loans yesterday, as Democrats questioned their legality and said that the way they were secured requires the Arizona Republican to abide by federal spending restrictions.

Napolitano says indicted Rep. Renzi, (R) Arizona, should resign 27 Feb 2008 Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano (D) says Congressman Rick Renzi (R), co-chair of McCain's presidential campaign, should resign from office. Napolitano notes that Renzi stopped serving on committees while under investigation, and she says the new indictment will be a further distraction.

Tribes express gratitude for gift of winter warmth 07 Feb 2008 Venezuelan-owned CITGO Petroleum, and its partnership with Citizens Energy Corp., this year alone funneled $21 million in heating assistance into 220 tribal communities in 13 states.

Drug giants warned: Tell the truth on medicines --After antidepressant treatments are discredited, fears grow that other products may be ineffective 27 Feb 2008 The pharmaceutical industry came under assault from senior figures in medical research yesterday over its practice of withholding information to protect profits, exposing patients to drugs which could be useless or harmful.

European commission fines Microsoft record £680m 27 Feb 2008 The EU today imposed a record €899m (£680m) fine on Microsoft for charging "unreasonable" prices to rivals for access to its dominant software. The fine, the largest imposed on a single company, brings the total levied on the world's leading software group close to €1.7bn in the past four years.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Meanwhile across the pond and not to be out done. :)

My mom had breast cancer she was a survivor. My aunt though wasn't as lucky she caught an agressive form of it untreatable and passed away from it.

Shady

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1797

Quote:
British scientists create 'revolutionary' drug that prevents breast cancer developing
by FIONA MACRAE - More by this author »

Last updated at 08:48am on 28th February 2008

Comments (2)

The drug could 'vaccinate' women against the disease
A drug that could prevent thousands of young women developing breast cancer has been created by scientists.

If given regularly to those with a strong family history of the cancer, researchers say it could effectively "vaccinate" them against a disease they are almost certain to develop.

The drug, which attacks tumours caused by genetic flaws, could spare those who have the rogue genes the trauma of having their breasts removed.

Currently, a high proportion of women told they have inherited the rogue genes choose to have a mastectomy as a preventative measure.

Researchers hope such a "vaccine" will be available within a decade. Flawed BRCA genes, which are passed from mother to daughter, are responsible for around 2,000 of the 44,000 cases of breast cancer each year in the UK.

Women with the rogue genes have an 85 per cent chance of developing the disease - eight times that of the average woman.

Initial tests suggest that the drug, known only as AGO14699, could also be free of the side-effects associated with other cancer treatments, including pain, nausea and hair loss.

The drug, which is being tested on patients in Newcastle upon Tyne, works by exploiting the "Achilles' heel" of hereditary forms of breast cancer - which is its limited ability to repair damage to its DNA.

Normal cells have two ways of fixing themselves, allowing them to grow and replicate, but cells in BRCA tumours have only one.

The drug, which is part of the class of anti-cancer medicines called PARP inhibitors, blocks this mechanism and stops the tumour cells from multiplying.

The researchers say the drug could also be used against other forms of cancer, including prostate and pancreatic, although further tests are needed.

Researcher Dr Ruth Plummer, senior lecturer in medical oncology at Newcastle University, said: "The implications for women and their families are huge because if you have the gene, there is a 50 per cent risk you will pass it on to your children. You are carrying a time bomb."

Share this article:What is this?

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm
GT Truther

Electron Filmed for First TimeBy LiveScience Staff

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/ ... movie.html

posted: 25 February 2008 ET

Share this story
Email

Scientists have filmed an electron in motion for the first time, using a new technique that will allow researchers to study the tiny particle's movements directly.

Previously it was impossible to photograph electrons because of their extreme speediness, so scientists had to rely on more indirect methods. These methods could only measure the effect of an electron's movement, whereas the new technique can capture the entire event.

Extremely short flashes of light are necessary to capture an electron in motion. A technology developed within the last few years can generate short pulses of intense laser light, called attosecond pulses, to get the job done.

"It takes about 150 attoseconds for an electron to circle the nucleus of an atom. An attosecond is 10^-18 seconds long, or, expressed in another way: an attosecond is related to a second as a second is related to the age of the universe," said Johan Mauritsson of Lund University in Sweden.

Using another laser, scientists can guide the motion of the electron to capture a collision between an electron and an atom on film.

The length of the film Mauritsson and his colleagues made corresponds to a single oscillation of a wave of light . The speed of the event has been slowed down for human eyes. The results are detailed in the latest issue of the journal Physical Review Letters.

Mauritsson says the technique could also be used to study what happens in an atom when an electron leaves its shell.

See the Video at:

http://www.livescience.com/php/video/pl ... ectronRide

An electron rides on a light wave after just having been pulled away from an atom. Credit: Lund University

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:59 pm
GT Truther

I have friend on the net retired Navy from the 1960s. He was member of Sub crew that experienced something like that out in the Northern Atlantic.

I love that pic and posted it along with mine. I have thing for sub's :)

Shady

Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:03 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 775 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next