It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 4.0 2008 
Site Admin

Post The Golden Thread, Volume 4.0 2008
Welcome to the continuation of the Golden Thread, Volume 2008 4.0
All are welcome so long as the Golden Rule is observed among the participants.

This is the search for the 'truth' and Disclosure, that all men (and women, and children) that so desire learn the full and examined truth of the 'extraterrestrial reality' as it is known now and will be known in the future.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Punkin is alive.
marci wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT:

DR. DAN BURISCH'S TWO EMAILS HAVE BEEN CLOSED BY ME!

DANBURISCH@YAHOO.COM & HIS PRIVATE ADDRESS THAT A PERSON WHO HAS NO HONOR GAVE OUT- LOTUS_OBSERVER@YAHOO.COM

HAVE BEEN CLOSED!

HE HAS A BRAND NEW PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS, AND THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW IT, EITHER DO OR WILL.

HIS SERVICE IS CONCLUDED, AND WHILE HE MAY BE ASKED BY ME TO DO TAPED OR TELEPHONE INTERVIEWS OR CONSULTING IN THE FUTURE, ALL PUBLIC INQUIRIES MUST NOW PERMANENTLY GO THROUGH ME AT:

MARCIA_MCDOWELL@YAHOO.COM

SINCE CALTECH, IN THE PAST 3 DAYS, HE HAS RECEIVED OVER 3,000 EMAILS AT HIS OLD PUBLIC EMAIL ADDRESS.

HE IS RETURNING TO RESEARCH, AND WILL PERIODICALLY BLOG.

THANK YOU.

Uncle John here: Well, it looks like I can't give Punkin dan's email address.

Good job marci.

What a prison dan lives in!

Of course this is all a reaction to my post:

Uncle John's Punkin is Alive Post wrote:
Uncle John here: Most long time followers of dan's story know how he laments losing contact with what he considers his twin sister, Michele. With great pain in his expression, he has related to many how much this troubles him and there exists lots of documentation of this that could be presented.

I have located Michele and she was alive as of a few months ago. Guess what? Michele is not dan's sister born on 2-4-64, she is his cousin born on 3-22-64.

There is no doubt in my mind that I've located Michele and I have a large paper and people trail to document this.

Dan, do you want me to place you in contact with Michele?

The big question arises is, who convinced dan that Michele was his sister and had passed away? We would love to get dan's answer to this. Short of dan's answer and response to this, it is my assumption that dan is the subject of mind control and this a perfect example of this in effect. One wonders if widespread use of mind control is effected upon all members of majestic. This would explain majestic's behavior which seemingly goes against the welfare of humanity and the Constitution of the United States.

If dan wants to be accepted for the many almost unbelievable experiences he has claimed to have had or discovered then it would sure go a long way for him to explain this situation.

Bear in mind that simple and cheap DNA tests could be done to provide absolute proof whether dan and Michele are twins or cousins.

Please understand I have no desire to bring any members of dan's extended relatives to unwanted public scrutiny. One can read the pain that dan has caused his parents to suffer in his mother's biography of dan and I do not wish to expand this to a wider circle of his currently living relatives.

The ball is in your court dan!

UJ: You can always tell when marci is out of wits. She goes into all caps mode.

Wonder who in dan's beloved think tank is going to tell him that "Punkin is alive?"

You see, I did the single most thing that would make dan happy. I found Punkin.

I think that this will show that marci has no love for dan. She is his jailer.

See how effective mind control by ET's can be!

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:05 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

VIDEO: MTV Warns Viewers of Looming Police State

The two MTV commercials below blatantly warn its viewers to wake up and start thinking about the direction our society is headed towards. These small warning chirps coming from the young canaries at MTV are a sign that the human spirit can break the tight grip of the corporate controlled media. Tune in to the alternative for the latest on what's really happening behind the scenes. Click the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTOuq4pY10o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5oKqQmGYHQ

My folks and grand parents wittnessed the first one. They wittnessed 1.5 million fellow Latvians set to Soviet controlled railyards and to their deaths in slave labor in Siberia. They wittnessed the Secret Police the death squads. In 1940. A year later Nazi Germany invaded, liberating the Balts (Lithuiana, Latvia, Estonia) from the Soviet Horror. At first they were heros. but then the Nazi Occupation began and once again the Rail yards were full this time with Jews going to their death, and Secert Police arresting anyone that defied the Nazis In 1944 the Soviets once again invaded and started it up all over again! Unitl 1989 when the Soviet Union collaspeds What remained of the Baltic Natives was only 48% of their original population!

My folks raised us first generation Americans a bit differently then most of you Americans. My folks raised me to be prepared for that eventual day America would turn into a Facist Police State. To be prepared both mentality and phyically when I would see with my own eyes what they saw in 1940s Europe and they also prepared me to surivive. In between that training I had very typical love filled upbringging.

An all I say is this.. It will be her soon, sooner then all of you realize. For the PTB have moved ALL of their chess pieces into place the past two decides and in these last seven years since the Reichstag fire that was WTC 911. They have moved in and established the Police State Military Force, the last piece before trains start to roll.

Wake up, and people are waking up to this fact that can no longer be denied. America has turned into a Facist State.

Quote:
mjc
Truth Finder

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:00 am Post subject: Halliburton's drive-in luxury spas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shady's posted a lot of info regarding the subject of detention camps being built across the USA in the past, but even Whitley Strieber's site, which considers itself to be at the "credible edge," is reporting on it now, courtesy of the San Francisco Chronicle:-
----------------------------

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=6758

The internet has been abuzz with rumors that the government is building ominous detention centers. Now the San Francisco Chronicle reveals that this has been going on for almost 10 years as part of a Homeland Security plan called "ENDGAME." And as might be expected, they're being build by a subsidiary of Halliburton. But WHO are they for?

In the Chronicle, Lewis Seiler and Dan Hamburg ask the question: "What kind of 'new programs' require the construction and refurbishment of detention facilities in nearly every state of the union with the capacity to house perhaps millions of people?" In addition, they report that "the government has also contracted with several companies to build thousands of railcars, some reportedly equipped with shackles, ostensibly to transport detainees."

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:34 am
GT Truther

Post Punkin Is Alive - Ubleck, tell Dan
It's only a matter of time before the news on Rense and GLP finally becomes acceptable to be reported in the MSM (MainStream Media) such as the San Fran Chronicle.

One of our newer readers also emailed this little bit, though I haven't corroborated it yet: {EDIT. This comes from Stewart Swerdlow on
http://www.expansions.com/ I don't necessarily agree with Stewart, but am simply passing this on. I live right next to a major railroad trunk line but haven't seen these trains. Yet, anyway. Take the report with a grain of salt but keep your eyes peeled; chances are that any military activity in the US will be confined to the Mississippi River valley and the line from Cincinnati to the St Lawrence Seaway -- in other words, the New Madrid fault line.}

March 14, 2008
Western Mystery
Since December 2007, massive trainloads of military vehicles and equipment have been spotted moving in western states towards California and the Pacific Northwest.
It appears as if the army is preparing for some type of huge operation. The vehicles look as if they could be used in war, but what is expected along the west coast?
I would say that this is a warning sign for something expected along the western coastline that will require a massive military control system to be in place.

I think it's an indication that 'Disclosure' is happening, albeit slowly, and thankfully slowly, to let the more intelligent 'wake up' without panicking. Those with eyes will see, those with ears will hear. The rest will go on bumbling through life until the reality becomes inescapable.

Here's two recently-revealed color photographs of a UFO armada flying over the Pentagon on July 4th, 1949. Use the magnifyer on the lower right corner of your Internet Explorer window to increase to 400% to get a good view:

And a close-up:

from http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2 ... heme=light

And the account:

In the 1940’s my uncle Eugene had a small camera which took two color pictures on one 35mm frame. So they are half of a normal 35mm picture. He had all of his color pictures put onto slides instead of prints.

When handing me the 4 metal slide boxes, he told me I was welcome to copy them, but to watch out for the UFO pictures he had taken. Eugene served in the Air Force in the late 40's into the 50's and lived in Arlington, Virginia for a while. He said you could clearly see the Pentagon from his back door. Eugene told me he investigated reports of UFOs while in the Air Force. In Eugene's slides there are images such as a young farm boy who Eugene said was "zapped" by a ray from a "spaceship" while chopping on a tree in the woods with a hatchet. I can send those slides as well, but they're not as great as the ones above.

One of the color slides (pictured left and enlarged below) is of the Pentagon on July 4, 1949. After scanning the slide I thought there was dirt on the slide, so I attempted to carefully wipe it off with a lint-free rag. It turned out to be actually part of the image. Upon closer inspection with my 5x loupe I discovered what looks to me like Unidentified Flying Objects above the Pentagon! I immediately called my uncle Eugene in Richmond and asked him about the slide. There was a brief moment of silence on the other end. He then asked, “So you found it?”

Eugene then described to me what happened that July 4th in 1949: “We were out for the 4th of July celebration that day when we saw cars in front of us slowing down and looking out their window. Joan (2 year-old daughter) was in the back seat and Mary (wife) was sitting beside me. I remember Mary gasping for air as if she spotted a ghost. It scared me, so I slowed down and asked her what was the matter. She said, “Look!” I looked in the direction she was pointing and was amazed at what I saw. There were several objects flying over the vicinity of the Pentagon. We had not seen many aircraft at all that 4th of July so even if they had been earthly aircraft I would have been surprised. But they weren’t! They were shaped different than anything I had seen flying in the area. They had the ability to slow down and speed up like no aircraft the Air Force had. I quickly told Mary to get my camera out of her purse, where she had been carrying it during our picnic on the mall in DC that day. The camera took great color pictures you know."

"As I continued to drive, Mary took a picture. The objects quickly disappeared as quickly as they appeared. I believe I am the only person to have a picture of those objects that day. Most people I talked to, who were in DC that day, didn't even see them. I can only wonder what the people in the cars on the road with us that day were thinking. They were probably wishing they had their camera. There are only two slides of these objects in existence. I have one and the Air Force has the other. I never told anyone I had one for myself when I handed over to the "team" where I worked. I never heard another word about what I reported I saw that day. It was as if no one wanted to acknowledge what was on that slide. I often joked with Mary (wife) that the aliens even came to celebrate our Independence Day. Joan was too young to remember anything, but Mary and I will never forget what we saw that 4th of July 1949.”

Eugene gave the slide to me and said he’s “too old to worry about what they will do anymore”. Eugene is 81 years old this year.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

UJ - your Michele post was very nicely stated

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
GT Truther

Uncle John here: Thank you starryeyes.

I had hoped that this would be kindly received by dan and relieve some of the troubles in his mind.

I am beginning to doubt that dan will ever ask me to help him get in contact with Michele. Those around him, particularly marci, want to control him in his every action.

I don't consider dan to be mentally ill because I reserve that judgment to those who actually suffer from that infliction. Dan is obviously enjoying his life.

I do consider dan to be totally whacked out and living in a make believe world. The ET's that are visiting this world and controlling our government and the likes of dan must be extremely negative on their outlook of the universe.

I see a huge opportunity for humanity to chill out the rest of the universe. We are the chosen ones, if we would just recognize this, because there are no enlightened races of ET's within contact distance of our world.

No word so far on the internet about d&m's presentation at Laughlin and Caltech. He has surrounded himself with yes people who don't care a thing about his experiences or his research. This is obviously due to those controlling him. His ego is bigger than a Cadillac, but only seems to be fed by his own imagination.

I a word, dan is really, really tragic! Thus those that have guided him to be what he is are also tragic. A tragedy enforced with absolute control.

Dan would never in a million years think of doing something nice to another such as I did for him in finding Michele. He has no idea what kindness really is. Ubleck and I had a discussion many years ago where Ubleck stated that kindness was what the world was all about and I agreed with him.

Kindness without being asked for it and not wanting any public awareness of it. I would never publish some check I had given to charity in order to prop up my ego. In this case, it is the ego that one is giving the money to.

Real charity goes beyond not wanting anything in return, real charity depends on nothing in return. The reward in one's heart is all one should expect from random acts of kindness.

It would seem that I'm attempting to get some reward for finding Michele, but the reason I'm publicizing this is to help us all better understand how ET's can mind control humans and why they do this.

Marci, or those ET's controlling her, were attacking me in my dreams last night in a major way. Our dog even pee'd in the bed because the psychic energy around our house was so bad and that has never occurred.

I'm glad I never contacted Michele directly because I just have no idea of how to describe dan to her and perhaps she is better off never knowing about dan.

One thing that I glad about is that no one of conscience will ever believe dan because he will never live down how he has hurt the ones around him and the list is a pretty long one, including me. Dan will die a failure and be a perfect example of the failure of the ET's controlling this world to reach out and connect with God.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

A close up of the Pentagon UFOs. Classic Disks.

1940 you say? Me thinks someone out there were pissed and wanted their Roswell commarde back. LOL

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:08 pm
GT Truther

Thanks DonD and crew. The photos are great!...

Dex

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:29 pm
GT Truther

When was this Uncle John? Believe it or not two days before their appearence at the Laughlin. I had my dreams invaded by Marci and Dan a nightmare.

I was basically intergated with tasers in a dark room by thugs. Both Ms McDowell and Burisch was there as two others that held me down. It was cold sweat nightmare the kind one does not want to return to bed afterwards.

Being the first time they appeared my astral state like that. I returned the Psy-Vamp energy by way of Wiccan Banishing circle and sent it back at them!

No folks I don't have them in my dreams before that one! I am sure it was some sort of Psychic attack being that they boost of Remote Viewer ablitiy and Marci proclaims her self as practicing Wiccan/ Magic worker.

Shady

UncleJohn wrote:
starryeyes wrote:

Marci, or those ET's controlling her, were attacking me in my dreams last night in a major way. Our dog even pee'd in the bed because the psychic energy around our house was so bad and that has never occurred.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:54 pm
GT Truther

Dan took the stage with Rob Simone and spoke for two hours about diverse subjects, including his personal experiences at Area-51, S-4 and his interaction with the J-Rod housed at that facility. At the end of the 2 hours, questions were invited from the audience, and we were honored to have Dr. J.J. Hurtak speak to Dan and the assembled crowd of about 350, saying that Dan is "setting a new benchmark" in the field, and with our research.

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
GT Truther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdGkZ6Fngw

st. francis of assisi - 13th century wrote:
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen."

Uncle John here: An interesting post by dan.

The youtube song is "The Sounds of Silence" by Simon and Garfinkle.

Between the song and the prayer is a picture titled, Slide 29: Stigmatisation, St. Francis cycle, Assisi, from http://www.shafe.co.uk/art/Florentine_P ... 0-1348.asp

Stigmata are bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus. The term originates from the line at the end of Saint Paul's Letter to the Galatians where he says, "I bear on my body the marks of Jesus," with "marks" in the Latin Vulgate rendered as "stigmata." An individual bearing stigmata is referred to as a stigmatic.

Similarly self-inflicted wounds can be associated with certain mental illnesses. Some people who fake stigmata suffer from Munchausen syndrome which is characterized by an intense desire for attention. People with Munchausen hurt themselves or fake an illness hoping to end up in a hospital where they can be given attention and care.

It is hard to guess what dan is relating to here.

As I previously stated, I don't think dan is a victim of mental illness, but he certainly has "an intense desire for attention."

One must not forget that dan is the only public figure acknowledged to be a representative to the group which interfaces with and is controlled by the ET collectives that are destroying our world.

It is interesting pardon along with love are the most mentioned attributes in st. francis' prayer.

Do I pardon dan for his behavior? No. For my pardon, dan must break "The Sounds of Silence." A good start would be with his parents.

Do I love dan? Yes.

An interesting puzzle dan presents us with. IMO, he is a case study for the mind control that is used over select humans by the ET's.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:19 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Hey guys...Remember, it's also possible these dreams are from your dark subconscious. You know some psychology that needs working out. Perhaps, about the things you fear the most.

Dex

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:26 am
GT Truther

Hey guys...Remember, it's also possible these dreams are from your dark subconscious. You know some psychology that needs working out. Perhaps, about the things you fear the most.

Dex

that would not have effected the dog Dex....

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 am
GT Truther

Dex wrote:

Dex

ed thr dog

that would not have effected the dog Dex....

Oh I don't know. UJ might have scared the dog tossing and turning. Anything's possible, that is , before concluding you're under attack. If you believe you are long enough you could manifest it.
It may simply be some kind of learning experience. Try not to give to much heed to it and it may go away.

Dex

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:58 am
GT Truther

THE SEARCH FOR THE MEANING OF THE PYRAMIDAL STRUCTURES ON MARS:
DO THEY HOLD THE KEY TO MAN’S EXISTENCE?

by J.J. Hurtak, Ph.D., Ph.D.,

Copyright © 1973, 1976, 2006 J.J. Hurtak

Five hundred years ago human beings were seen as the pinnacle of creation and their Earth was acclaimed as the center of the universe. This changed with Copernicus four hundred years ago and is undergoing further change with the findings of the Mars Global Surveyor showing evidence of previous fluvial activity on Mars, the Mars Odyssey finding ice crystals, the Mars Express with MARSIS technology exploring the Martian subsurface, the MER rovers, and the forthcoming Phoenix project in 2007.

The following is an excerpt from an article by this author published in 1976 covering anomalies that may open a profound chapter in humanity's search for its cosmic origins and the meaning of some of the pyramidal analogs on planet Earth:

The historic gap between ancient documents claiming some form of extraterrestrial visitation and our present search for 'a viable extraterrestrial paradigm' is now being bridged by the findings of remarkable pyramidal structures on Mars by the Mariner 9 probe. The Mariner 9 spacecraft which reached Mars on November 11, 1971, circled the planet 698 times in 349 days, gathering a wealth of science data that has revised all previous concepts of Mars. For more than half a Martian year, the spacecraft maintained an instrumental surveillance of the planet as the seasons changed beneath the cameras. [1]

Besides Mariner 9, photographs from 1033 miles up, showing a sinuous rille 2500 miles long indicating that free-flowing water may have existed in Mars geological history, a series of tetrahedron pyramids were seen. These Martian pyramids appear in sets which are centered at approximately 15.258 latitude and 198.425 longitude, appearing on a somewhat barren plateau. A comparison of two photographs taken from a viewing angle of 6.018 degrees on February 8, 1972 and 37.510 degrees taken on August 7, 1972 shows near perfect tetrahedrons of two denominations observed from two different time directions when the Sun was well above the horizon. These show remarkably exact pyramidal faces disclosing that these pyramids are not part of a natural phenomena (see Fig. 1.) [2]

We know from the work of Nobel prize winner Jacques Monad that mother nature does not create surface realities by straight lines or repeatable structures, but here we have in the region of Elysium Quadrangle on Mars sets of pyramids showing exact repeatable patterns with what appears to be the same mathematical distance between the sets. Could these structures whose volume is estimated to be some 700 to 800 times the volume of the Great Pyramid in Egypt be part of an earlier evolutionary story, some other evolutionary mechanisms of life in the local universe? [3]

It is true that the geological history of Mars shows that half the planet erupted into turmoil as lavas flowed and great volcanoes poked into the Martian sky. Sometime during the three and a half billion year old history of Mars, and probably fairly recent, copious quantities of water flowed on the surface of Mars and eroded immense arroyo beds. Yet, in the midst of a planet which is geologically active with volcanic mountains and calderas larger than any on earth the Mariner 9 B frames MTVS 4205-77, DAS 0779453 and MTVS 4296-24 DAS 12985881, taken in the east central portion of the Elysium Quadrangle, showed a perfect set of tetrahedron pyramidal structures too unique to be a result of natural formations.

Like Carl Sagan and others, I pointed out that non-artificial pyramidal structures can be explained by one or several of the following mechanisms:

(1) Wind-faceting of volcanic cones, lava flow ridges and elongated level morphologies by prevailing storm winds. These winds could be either part of the primary circulation pattern of Mars or dust storms of long duration.

(2) Regolith mantling of erosional remnants of either intersecting resistant dikes, dipping sediments, or other bedrock forms that have pyramidal appearance.

(3) Probably glacial sculpturing producing horns analogous to alpine glacial horns on earth.

(4) Rotation of solidified lava blocks in the underling molten lava. The tilting of such solidified blocks could expose corners protruding above the lava field.

Closer examination, however, by image enhancement has shown details of parallel walls and structures build exactly above the water line as determined by the US Geological Survey for the surface of Mars. [4 ] In fact, the Soviets have reached the opposite conclusion than the Americans on the question of previous evolutionary life on Mars by reprocessing the NASA data and the more than 54,000 Mariner 9 frames.

Additional arguments have been brought forth by traditional geologists who have argued that the unique mountain formations in the Peruvian higlands provide an analog for wind-faceted Martian pyramidal structures. More extensive research, however, reveals non-natural pyramidal sets clustered in Chan-cay, Jequet-epe-que, Viru, etc., in the surrounding Peruvian areas. It has become clear that the many earth mount clusters, so far discovered in Peru, are not to be dismissed as geological anomalies, but with further investigation many have been discovered to be, in reality, astronomical-calendrical complexes built during previous millenniums of time.

Compared to the grid network of pyramidal sets in Mars' Elysium Quadrangle, the Peruvian area does not give weight to the arguments that the pyramids are a result of regolithic mantling of erosional remnants of either intersecting resistant dikes, dipping sediments, or other bedrock forms. Nor are there any visible faults that would indicate structural controls relating to the grid formation of the four tetrahedron pyramids. A site of multiple pyramidal structures suggest the need to update the arguments of surface morphology. [5]

Additional attention to striking anomalies of pyramid structures on crater rims is drawn by Mariner 9 cameras to a location near the south pole of Mars (original B frame 1417-160341 changed to 42125) which shows a regular assortment of high plateau grid units, box-like structures of several kilometers each with raised bulwarks possibly used as an experimental area for a biome, or as some type of information gathering grid pattern that was destroyed by cataclysmic change. This site was nicknamed by NASA as the "Inca City." A closer examination of aerial pictures shows similarities with Machu Picchu in Peru. How many professional archaeologists have ever heard of the site of Morro Solar? It is within a mile of Las Palmas, on the outskirts of Lima, and reveals acres of scientific buildings and an elaborate hydraulic system virtually unknown to the scientific world. How many know about the twenty-five pyramids at Apurle in northwestern Peru? Jack West [6], a contemporary archaeologist, has recently brought forth pictures showing scores of small pyramids within Peruvian pyramidal shaped mountains. More and more archaeological evidence has shown that what geologists for centuries have perceived as mountains have, in actuality, turned out to be pyramidal artifacts from previous millenniums.

Pyramid structures which range in dimensions of 3.0-base to 6.0 km mean diameter have been identified in the Elysium Quadrangle of Mars. Geologic processes that could result in such features have not produced a satisfactory scientific explanation for some of the pyramids. Thus we must keep in mind that what may appear to be a natural hill from an aerial view may be a pyramidal artifact.

Perhaps, instead of preparing for the contemporary scans of the Martian micro-intelligence, we might prepare ourselves for a close examination of pyramidal structures as blueprints for bio-magnetic analogs? The Martian and Egyptian pyramidal grids may be models preparing us to meet the superior architects in our immediate universe? Perhaps, the pyramid is a future artifact?

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:15 pm
GT Truther

Post Notify via TT/GT members
Dex, quoting J.J. Hurtak, wrote:
Perhaps, instead of preparing for the contemporary scans of the Martian micro-intelligence, we might prepare ourselves for a close examination of pyramidal structures as blueprints for bio-magnetic analogs? The Martian and Egyptian pyramidal grids may be models preparing us to meet the superior architects in our immediate universe? Perhaps, the pyramid is a future artifact?

Dex, I sincerely doubt that the Martian pyramids are "future artifacts". I think that is exactly what Dan's zeta buddy Chi'el'ah wanted him to believe, and thus wanted him to teach to us, but I am absolutely convinced that those pyramids are NOT from our 'future'. Dan also has stated that Chi'el'ah telepathed an image to him showing a zetan J-rod in the guise of the Pharoah or supervisor in the building of one of our pyramids in Egypt. Unh-unh. They're relics from the days of the IGGIGI, that is, the Annunakis that went to Mars to mine it for the gold they needed on Nibiru. Mars had lost most of its atmosphere to the passage of Nibiru, preceding the days when the Iggiggi began their mining operations there. The Annunaki were superior to humankind then, and in some respects probably still are, but they are still inferior in development to other ET races that have tinkered with the genetic modifications on this world where we've barely outgrown our simian heritage.

So, while I agree that such things as pyramids and other structures DO exist on Mars, I reject the theory they come from our 'future'. It makes perfect sense for certain ET races to have us think that, because for one thing, they can confound us by making claims about a 'future' that will be used to mold our behavior. That does NOT square with the agenda of 'good ETs', IMHO.

Forgive my abrupt rant, but these bogus New-Age claims need some balance to the musings of the "doctors" of uferdom.

{BTW; Shady, those pics are from 1949. 'Forty-Nine. Forty-three days after Sec'y of Defense James Forrestal was assassinated for wanting to tell the truth about ET and for opposing the Zionist agenda. Allegedly, of course.}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dex, quoting the SNEDs propaganda, wrote:
Laughlin, NV March 1, 08

Dan took the stage with Rob Simone and spoke for two hours about diverse subjects, including his personal experiences at Area-51, S-4 and his interaction with the J-Rod housed at that facility. At the end of the 2 hours, questions were invited from the audience, and we were honored to have Dr. J.J. Hurtak speak to Dan and the assembled crowd of about 350, saying that Dan is "setting a new benchmark" in the field, and with our research.

So, it appears that this turned out to be yet another 'ufer' event, with nary a discussion of real 'Disclosure', why the big 'Coverup', and the glaring contradiction between the physical threats he faced only 3 years ago for saying these same things and now, when only the 'ufer' crowd seems to embrace him and does so without asking these critical questions. "Pablum personalities." Why couldn't he come out and say these things 'back then'? Do these fringe opinion-mongers really just think it was all about the cute little alien who needed a cure for his disease from Dan, and not getting it ended up going back to his home planet through a stargate, pushed through by Dan? Did anyone ask the critical questions about the so-called 'stargates', the 'cherubim', Dan's position with Majestic and Sion, why he holds contradictory views on the so-called 'Looking Glass' that allows him to claim on behalf of all humanity that 'everything is gonna be alright' and at the same time saying 'the future isn't known' and that we can re-write it? No discussion of the alleged "T-2"? Any mention made of the Emissions of the Gigolo? What about the Men In Black serenading him with 'Happy Birthday', and why he was working with them in the first place? Any questions about his participation in the development of bio-weapons? What about the "Tau-9 Treaty Conference for the Preservation of Humanity?" No questions about the "Ark(s)" either, I take it?

No, I fear not. Just questions about poor Chi'el'ah, about the S-4 facility and the 'ambassadorial suite', technical questions about Area 51, and maybe innocuous questions about the "MiB". A marvel, and yes, truly a "benchmark", in bamboozling the naive by the crimes of omission.

At least he's now been vetted by Dr. J.J. Hurtak as a certifiable "ufer", having "set a new benchmark" (for making a single slice equal an entire pie of 'Disclosure'). The rewrite of history is almost complete, so he can now retire to 'blog' and hold forth with his Treehouse Club that Dadmiral allows him (albeit with periodic inspections to make sure nothing truly worthwhile is being revealed).

UJ, despite the barely-contained rage that Dan exhibited when he told us what he thought had happened to Michele, it appears that either his psychological space has been once again 'constricted' by those he considers his 'loved ones' and he's unaware of the explosive nature of what you volunteered, OR -- that emotional display we witnessed was only an act. If he would only practice what he claims to preach about 'Unity', we wouldn't have this division and he could actually come over and say "Hey Uncle John, I heard you found my long-lost sibling Michele and yes, I absolutely want to talk to her". Or something to that effect. But it wasn't we that exiled him; it was his thugs, his "Daddy-O", his "loved ones", that imposed a self-exile and division. (Of course, that's because all that are skeptical of even one of his 'claims' is labelled an 'Illuminati agent', like Ron Garner was at one time.) Either way, something is rotten in Denmark and SNEDs. I fear Dan is totally oblivious to what you've found.

Of course either ubleck or JAn could 'get through' I imagine, but I doubt either would want to risk being banned for having the temerity to inform Dan of your discovery, UJ.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

This posting will give you an idea where Dan's interests have been for awhile.

Written by Paul White
Since the declassification of the new ground-penetrating radar 2 years
ago, the most staggering data has emerged of complex and labyrinthine
underground systems in various parts of the world. At places like
Guatemala in the South Americas, tunnels have been mapped under the

Mayan pyramid complex at Tikal, which extend a full 800 kilometres to
the opposite side of the country. Investigators remarked, it was
possible to understand how half a million Mayan Indians escaped the
decimation of their culture.

in similar fashion, the SIRA radar was deployed in Egypt as early as
1978, mapping an extraordinary subterranean complex beneath the Egyptian
pyramids. Arrangements made with President Sadat of Egypt, resulted in
three decades of top secret excavations to penetrate the system. At a
recent meeting in Australia, one of the key scientists on the Giza
project, Dr. Jim Hurtak, showed film footage of work in progress called,
CHAMBERS OF THE DEEP, due to be released at the end of the century.

The film reveals the discovery of a vast megalithic metropolis, 15,000
years old, reaching several levels below the Giza plateau. While the
rest of the Nu-Age speculates about a hidden chamber under the left paw
of the Sphinx, the legendary "City Of The Gods", lays sprawled beneath.
Complete with hydraulic underground waterways, the film shows massive
chambers, the proportions of our largest cathedrals, with enormous
statues, the size of the Valley of the Nile, carved in-situ.
Researchers, risking their lives with lights and cameras, carefully
negotiated rubber dinghies across subterranean rivers and kilometer-wide
lakes, to penetrate sealed chambers beyond. Already, remarkable caches
of records and artifacts have been found.

*Just after the Deluge, at the dawn of the present time cycle, an era
the Egyptians called ZEP TEPI, "The First Times", a mysterious group of
"gods" appeared, to initiate the survivors in the rudiments of
civilisation. From Thoth and Osiris in Egypt, to Quetzacoatal and
Viracocha in the Americas, traditions worldwide subscribe the origins of
contemporary civilisation to this sophisticated group*.
Despite the misleading popularity of Von Danikan journalism, evidence
from around the world, indicates these people were the hi-tech survivors
of the previous civilisation. Like the nuclear survival bunkers and
secret research facilities of our own civilisation, there were those who
arose from the underground "cities of the Gods", after the dust settled.

They were the "prediluvian patriarchs", like Enoch and Methuselah, the
"giants and heroes of old", mentioned in Genesis. The enigmatic gods of
ancient Summer, Egypt and India, all hail from the fabulous times before
the Flood.

It is the legacy of a civilisation and a technology way beyond our own.
A technology capable of creating a vast underground city, of which the
sphinx and pyramids are merely the surface markers. The project
scientist, Dr. Hurtak, likens it to the impact of contact with an
advanced extraterrestrial culture. He described it as the discovery of
the Fourth Root culture, the so-called Atlantean civilisation, destroyed
by the last earth tumble. It presents unequivocal evidence that all
languages, cultures and religions trace back to a single common source,
which Dr. Hurtak refers to as the "Parent Civilisation".

The technology unearthed is way beyond machine technology, as we know
it. As Arthur C. Clark once joked, "any technology beyond our own would
seem like magic to us." According to Dr. Hurtak, this was a culture who
cracked the genetic code and possessed the keys of the physical
spectrum, the "Higher Light Physics" of the ancients... everything old
Gilgamesh went searching for in his famous trek to the lost "City of the
Gods" to search the tunnels beneath "Mt. Mashu" in the desert lands.

Hurtak refers to a "language of light" and a great priest-scientist of
the previous time cycle, named ENOCH, who is associated with the
building of the Great Pyramid complex. Hurtak alludes to a grand
spiritual science, a science which describes a genetic stairway to the
stars.

The priest-scientist ENOCH, is a prediluvian patriarch, one of the most
famous and seminal characters of the previous time cycle. Father of
Methuselah and great grandfather of Noah, Enoch is credited in the Bible
as architect of the original Zion, the legendary "City of Yahweh", as
well as inventor of the alphabet and calendar. Enoch is also history's
first astronaut, who "is taken aloft by the Lord" and shown "the secrets
of earth and heaven". He returns to earth with the "weights and
measures" for all humankind.

Known to the Egyptians as THOTH, the "Lord of Magic and Time" and to the
Greeks as HERMES, "messenger of the gods", he is even remembered in the
Celtic tradition as the enigmatic wizard Merlin, who disappears up an
apple tree to mythic Avalon, seeking the secret of immortality and
vowing to return.

As one who attained immortality, the secret of how we "might become as
gods", Thoth/Enoch promises to return at the end of time "with the keys
to the gates of the sacred land." In the controversial Dead Sea Scrolls,
revealing the lost Books Of Enoch removed from the Bible by early
religious leaders, Enoch describes a wondrous civilisation in the past,
who misused the keys of higher knowledge and were unable to save
themselves from the last cataclysm. Both literally and figuratively they
lost the "keys", they lost all higher knowledge.

Yet, Enoch, along with many traditions, even the Mayan legend of
Quetzacoatal, promises a return of this knowledge at "The end of time",
the end of the present time cycle. Biblical Revelations promise "all
will be revealed" at the end of the present world. The extraordinary
discoveries in Egypt and other parts of the world, describe not just an
advanced technology but, evolutionary path beyond our present state.

Careful scientific examination of the world's key pyramid sites, reveal
them to be sophisticated harmonic structures, not only mirroring
positions of the planets and stellar systems but, designed to mimic the
chakras and harmonic cavities of the human body. Even each stone within
the Great Pyramid is harmonically tuned to a specific frequency or
musical tone. The sarcophagus in the centre of the Great Pyramid is
tuned to the frequency of the human heart beat.

Astonishing experiments, conducted by Dr. Hurtak and colleagues at the
Great Pyramid and other sites in the South Americas, demonstrate the
pyramids to be voice-activated "geophysical computers." Intoning
specific ancient sounds, the scientific team produced visible standing
waves of light, above and within the pyramids and were even able to
penetrate, hitherto, inaccessible chambers. Subsequent discoveries
indicate the ancient priest-scientists employed some sort of harmonic
sound technology within the temple structures.

The lost Enochian knowledge reveals the mother tongue as a "language of
Light". Known to the ancients as HIBURU, it is the primal seed language,
introduced at the beginning of this time cycle. Modern research
confirms, the most ancient form Hebrew to be a natural language, the
alphabetic forms emerging from the phosphene flare patterns of the
brain. The same shapes, in fact, born of a spinning vortex. It is a true
language of light, coursing through our very nervous system.

Encoding the natural waveform geometries of the physical world, Hiburu
is a harmonic language, mimicking the waveform properties of light. The
"keys" Enoch speaks of, turn out to be sound keys, keys to be vibratory
matrix of reality itself, the mythic "Power of the World". The Enochian
knowledge describes sonic equations, encoded within the ancient mantras
and god names, capable of directly affect the nervous system and
producing profound effect of healing and higher consciousness states. As
the ancient texts declare, "If you would speak with the gods you must
first learn the language of the gods."

DNA, the ancient cabalistic "Tree Of Life" portrayed in the Biblical
Torah, is now coming to be viewed as a live vibrating structure, rather
than a fixed tape recording. Many modern scientists, regard DNA as a >
shimmering, waveform configuration, able to be modified by light,
radiation, magnetic fields or sonic pulses. The legacy of Thoth/Enoch
suggests this "language of Light", the harmonic science of the ancients,
could actually affect DNA.

The evidence in Egypt, indicates this was the grand 6,000 year genetic
experiment attempted by the Egyptians, the quest for immortality and the
stars, a quest described by the great ones of old, a quest initiated by
Gilgamesh so very long ago. The Egyptians were not fixated on the
afterlife, as thought by early Christian translators but, focussed on
creating a higher type of human. Along with many ancient cultures, they
believed DNA came from the stars and was destined to return.

The knowledge of Thoth/Enoch implies humans are meant to evolve beyond
our present terrestrial form, as the Bible tells us, "we may become
greater than angels". The Egyptians record stories of the "Star
Walkers", occasional individuals who, like Enoch, travelled "beyond the
Great Eye of Orion" and returned, to walk like gods amongst men. Despite
the bleaching of semi-divine beings from modern consciousness, could it
be possible, as the ancient texts insist, we are destined to "become as
gods"? are the Mayan "Lords of Light" and the Egyptian/Tibetan "Shining
Ones" really a higher form of human?

According to many earth legends, such beings are supposed to return
regularly, at the beginning and end of each time cycle, the 13,000 year
half-point of our solar system's 26,000 year zodiacal orbit around
galaxy centre. Because of conditions on our galactic orbit, these 13,000
year intervals or "worlds", seem to be separated by cataclysmic upheaval.

According to the "calendar in stone" of the Great Pyramid, which
describes the so-called "Phoenix Cycle" of our galactic orbit, the
present time period ends (converted to our present calendar) in the year
2012 AD. The Greek word PHOENIX, derived from the Egyptian word,
PA-HANOK, actually means, "The House of Enoch".
The Enochian knowledge suggests, these regular cataclysmic changes act
as an evolutionary agent provocateur, to quicken the resident life forms
to the next evolutionary phase, prior to exodus from the womb planet.

Human evolution may proceed more rapidly than previously thought. The
evidence now appearing, records civilisations before us, who mastered
the physical continuum and progressed beyond this world. There were also
those who failed. We, too, have equal opportunity to make it or break it.

The discoveries emerging from Egypt, describe the existence of a world
wide pyramid temple system in prehistory, mounted like antennae on the
key energy meridians, which were employed by ancient priest-scientists
as a musical system to stabilize the tectonic plates of the planet...
cataclysmic geology at it's finest. From the mother tongue word JEDAIAH,
meaning "the way of the Word" or "the power of the Word", the ancient
JEDAI priests used the language of Light to tune the planet like a giant
harmonic bell. Much is being rediscovered in the last days of this time
cycle. In the words of Dr. Jay Franz, of the Omega Foundation, "even if
we don't dare to name it, there is a universal feeling of something
impending on the world stage."

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:14 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Notify via TT/GT members
Dondep wrote:
Dex, I sincerely doubt that the Martian pyramids are "future artifacts". I think that is exactly what Dan's zeta buddy Chi'el'ah wanted him to believe, and thus wanted him to teach to us, but I am absolutely convinced that those pyramids are NOT from our 'future'. Dan also has stated that Chi'el'ah telepathed an image to him showing a zetan J-rod in the guise of the Pharoah or supervisor in the building of one of our pyramids in Egypt. Unh-unh. They're relics from the days of the IGGIGI, that is, the Annunakis that went to Mars to mine it for the gold they needed on Nibiru. Mars had lost most of its atmosphere to the passage of Nibiru, preceding the days when the Iggiggi began their mining operations there. The Annunaki were superior to humankind then, and in some respects probably still are, but they are still inferior in development to other ET races that have tinkered with the genetic modifications on this world where we've barely outgrown our simian heritage.

So, while I agree that such things as pyramids and other structures DO exist on Mars, I reject the theory they come from our 'future'. It makes perfect sense for certain ET races to have us think that, because for one thing, they can confound us by making claims about a 'future' that will be used to mold our behavior. That does NOT square with the agenda of 'good ETs', IMHO.

Forgive my abrupt rant, but these bogus New-Age claims need some balance to the musings of the "doctors" of uferdom.

Wow,....I've been a part of this for quite a while now and I have no idea where you're getting your information from. I can assume it's from NL. Don, I don't think it is healthy to place so much faith in one source. Have you any way of confirming this?

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Mars structures are from our future either. I just don't know about gold mining and the coorilation that the gold was mined for the inhabitants of Niburu. I know they are giants with a thurst for our blood but our gold? This is the first I've heard of that one. Can you please tell us of your source, your reasoning, and your proof of these bold detailed statements?

Dag

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Punkin Is Alive - Ubleck, tell Dan
Dondep wrote:

One of our newer readers also emailed this little bit, though I haven't corroborated it yet: {EDIT. This comes from Stewart Swerdlow on
http://www.expansions.com/ I don't necessarily agree with Stewart, but am simply passing this on. I live right next to a major railroad trunk line but haven't seen these trains. Yet, anyway. Take the report with a grain of salt but keep your eyes peeled; chances are that any military activity in the US will be confined to the Mississippi River valley and the line from Cincinnati to the St Lawrence Seaway -- in other words, the New Madrid fault line.}

March 14, 2008
Western Mystery
Since December 2007, massive trainloads of military vehicles and equipment have been spotted moving in western states towards California and the Pacific Northwest.
It appears as if the army is preparing for some type of huge operation. The vehicles look as if they could be used in war, but what is expected along the west coast?
I would say that this is a warning sign for something expected along the western coastline that will require a massive military control system to be in place.

".....I live right next to a major railroad trunk line but haven't seen these trains. Yet, anyway. ..."

:-)

My great-grandaddy was one of these .......

Albuquerque Station, 1943 ( My Mother could be in that photo)

".....massive trainloads of military vehicles and equipment have been spotted moving in western states towards California and the Pacific Northwest. ....."

"Steve Quayle" also received reports of this over the past week ......but his idea was that the equipment was being moved out of harm's way. Interesting , nonetheless.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:11 pm
GT Truther

We have some of the worlds largest bases out here that they use to ship their logistics from to over seas destinations.
They're doing that now.

Dex

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:50 pm
GT Truther

Post Sweet Judy Blue Eyes
Uncle John here: Pam and I just got back from a Judy Collins concert.

I cried during her talk and song on land mines.

Thank you God.

Why doesn't everyone recognize the monsters that are governing this world?

Dan likes to protect their reputation on his way to eat a Carl's Junior Burger. Yum good.

Send in the clowns.

Lonely, Lonely.

I think it's going to rain today. Tin can at my feet. Think I'll kick it down the street. That's the way to treat a friend. Right before me, the signs implore me, help the needy and show them the way. Human kindness overflowing. And I think it's going to rain today.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:03 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: Sweet Judy Blue Eyes
UncleJohn wrote:
Dan likes to protect their reputation on his way to eat a Carl's Junior Burger. Yum good.

not such great an idea for a person who is supposed to have a congenital heart problem....

Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:31 am
GT Truther

Dagwood wrote:

Wow,....I've been a part of this for quite a while now and I have no idea where you're getting your information from. I can assume it's from NL. Don, I don't think it is healthy to place so much faith in one source. Have you any way of confirming this?

I could be wrong Dag, but I think most of the Nibiru stuff comes from Stichen (sp) and his "Sumerian" studies....

Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:34 am
GT Truther

Dagwood wrote:
Dondep wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Mars structures are from our future either. I just don't know about gold mining and the coorilation that the gold was mined for the inhabitants of Niburu. I know they are giants with a thurst for our blood but our gold? This is the first I've heard of that one. Can you please tell us of your source, your reasoning, and your proof of these bold detailed statements?

Dag

Dag, as Starry says, the information - while echoed in ZT - I originally read about in Sitchin's books. I highly recommend a thorough reading of his "Earth Chronicles" series, beginning with "The 12th Planet" and ending with "The Lost Book of Enki" (actually his latest one is "The End of Days - Prophecies of the Return and Armaggedon"; the 'Return' being not the Second Coming of Christ --- though many would like to think that's what it's about --- but the return of Nibiru).

This is one of the recurring problems I knew back in 2002 I would encounter; the truly skeptical reader would challenge the single source of ZT, and rightfully so, yet it's the one source where all the relevant issues are addressed. Like anything else though it shouldn't be the 'only' source. Much of what I read in ZT initially only resonated because I had already studied many of these issues and come to my conclusions independently. Sitchin is a highly-respected scholar of the ancient cultures of Sumeria, Babylon, Egypt, mesoamerican civilization, etc. His specialty is in the translation of the Sumerian cylinder seals, and is widely known to be the best and most accurate translator of such. Dan B. has been reduced to attacking Sitchin in order to give more credence to his own (er, Chi'el'ah's and Majestic's) paradigm. Unfortunately all that ends up doing is diminishing his own work; he should simply leave the subject alone. On the "scratch disc" of Dan's work that was allegedly 'intercepted' and sent on to us (WhiteRabbit Kate, HumanSubject#58-001 Dan H. and myself), a number of these cylinder seal images from ancient Sumeria appeared. I'm sorry, but Sitchin has written over a dozen books that translate and explain Sumerian documents in such great detail the reader's eyes glaze over, that Dan B. -- forced to rely on such disinfo websites such as "SitchinIsWrong.com" -- can't hold a candle to Zecharia.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

The New York Times:
http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/ ... nknowable/

Earth 2050: Population Unknowable?
By Andrew C. Revkin

Girls carrying water in Kenya. The quality of girls’ lives will shape population curves. (Credit: Evelyn Hockstein for The New York Times)How many people will inhabit the planet before population growth finally levels off? The figure most commonly used is 9 billion by 2050, up from 6.7 billion today — an extraordinary number, considering that there were only 1 billion humans in 1830. (Right now there are a billion people just between the ages of 10 and 19.) But there’s a growing debate about this projection and what it means.
Optimists cite plunging fertility rates in some countries as evidence that Earth’s human passenger list will not reach 9 billion. Pessimists see a chance of zooming well past that mark, and they add that with all the signs of strained resources (what’s the price of oil today?), this trajectory will lead to some hard knocks. Some say we’ve already shot over the edge of the cliff and, like Wile E. Coyote in the old cartoons, simply haven’t noticed.
Now the Worldwatch Institute, a nonpartisan Washington research group studying the issue for many years, has come out with a fresh analysis concluding that there is so much variability in fertility rates that we can’t know with any confidence how many people the future holds. The study notes, for example, that the fertility rate is rising in the United States, violating the age-old dictum that rich countries don’t make lots of babies. The group sees hints that global numbers could well go higher.
The condition of women’s lives remains a central influence on fertility trends. A summary of the trends report by Robert Engelman, Worldwatch’s vice president for programs “World Population Growth: Fertile Ground for Uncertainty,” has been posted. The full report costs $10. Some highlights are below:
Although the average woman worldwide is giving birth to fewer children than ever before, an estimated 136 million babies were born in 2007. Global data do not allow demographers to be certain that any specific year sets a record for births, but this one cer­tainly came close. The year’s cohort of babies propelled global population to an estimated 6.7 billion by the end of 2007.
The seeming contradiction between smaller-than-ever families and near-record births is easily explained. The number of women of childbearing age keeps growing and global life expectancy at birth continues to rise. These two trends explain why population continues growing despite declines in family size. There were 1.7 billion women aged 15 to 49 in late 2007, compared with 856 million in 1970. The average human being born today can expect to live 67 years, a full decade longer than the average newborn could expect in 1970.
Only the future growth of the reproductive-age population is readily predictable, however: all but the youngest of the women who will be in this age group in two decades are already alive today. But sustaining further declines in childbearing and increases in life expectancy will require continued efforts by governments to improve access to good health care, and both trends could be threatened by environmental or social deterioration. The uncertain future of these factors makes population growth harder to predict than most people realize.
There’s more on this coming in a new book by Mr. Engelman, which I just received and will read shortly and explore here. It’s called “More: Population, Nature and What Women Want.”
My colleague Nicholas Kristof is working on a book on women in poor places, which I’m sure will do much to reveal the challenges that impede the progress of that half of the human race.
When girls in deep poverty have to spend their days toting water or collecting firewood instead of going to school, that’s a population problem in the end, as well as a simple, and avoidable, waste of human potential.

UPDATE: 3/14, 4 p.m.: A comment came in chiding population analysts for working with data that may be highly unreliable. I’ve pasted it below, along with responses from Robert Engelman and Joseph Chamie, a former head of the United Nations population office who I’ve interviewed here before.

Angie Fran wrote:
It’s funny to read about a study indicating that with regard to population, “we can’t know with any confidence how many people the future holds”, when in fact we can’t know with any confidence how many people are even alive today. It is shocking that we haven’t made even knowing this basic information - how many people live and die, and of what causes, in the world each day a priority. I wish that were the focus of your story instead - the present rather than the future.
“Accurate and timely data on deaths and causes of death are essential. . . But for more than a quarter of the world’s population - largely in Africa, South-East Asia and the Middle East - there are no recent data available. . .”
http://www.who.int/research/cod_info_quality_20071005.p df
It’s been estimated that it would only cost 0.1% of the global foreign aid budget to get accurate statistics on the current world population, and see who is dying of what and why, rather than the dismal state such knowledge is in today. The first way to understand a problem, of course, is to accurately understand its scope and the failure to determine these current life, health, and death statistics means we can’t test the efficacy of how any of the global foreign aid budget is being spent. See “An Immeasurable Crisis? A Criticism of the Millennium Development Goals and Why They Cannot Be Measured, by Amir Attaran.”
A link to this article and further details about the dismal state of vital global statistics can be gotten at this page entitled “Statistical Accuracy?”
[ANDY REVKIN notes: I can’t get the following links to work and have asked writer to send fixed links. Will update.]
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze25Å~9n/wnsb/id15.html
While certainly it is a waste, as you say of, human potential for girls to spend their days toting water, when you say that this is a “population problem in the end”, that’s scary and offensive indeed. You should learn and then disseminate correctly to your readers that “there is enough for everyone”. See this page for evidence of same directly from the United Nations:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze25Å~9n/wnsb/id6.html

Robert Engelman responded:

…[D]ata quality and quantity are relative. I wish there were as much scientific agreement on natural resource availability and environmental degradation as there is on human numbers. All but a few countries have had a series of censuses (though in some cases they haven’t been recent) and have generated a wealth of data related to birth and death rates, age structure, fertility, and life expectancy published in respected survey research over the years. Few demographers believe there is a range of uncertainty on world population much greater than one or two percentage points, or perhaps 100 million or so people at most in today’s population of 6.7 billion. Based on the correspondent’s last paragraph, it seems likely there is an ideological basis involved for challenging the consensus on population numbers. I don’t see any significant scientific ones….

Joseph Chamie responded:

Hi Andy,
Whether the data concern mortality, fertility, migration or even population counts, demographers stress that care and caution are required in analysis and interpretation. As a demographer, I’ve often remarked that “All data are presumed guilty until proven innocent.”
This perspective is especially relevant for estimates relating to illegal acts or socially unacceptable behavior, such as illegal immigration, illegal abortion, drug/substance abuse, violence against women, etc.
The situation is further complicated when dealing with estimates for many less developed countries, where data are often incomplete or unavailable. In Africa, for example, less than a third of the countries were able to provide data for the period between 1995 and 2003 on births, deaths and the economic characteristics of the population by sex (UN, The World’s Women 2005: Progress in Statistics).
Nevertheless, despite the inherent difficulties in obtaining quality data, population and related estimates are essential for all modern societies. Demographers do their utmost to estimate as accurately as possible the key parameters of a population, using statistical analysis, models and of course as much relevant data as are available, in particular censuses, surveys and registrations. The derived demographic estimates are vital for the operations and planning of governments, e.g. apportionment, financial aid, assessing future needs and costs, etc.
In addition, the quality of demographic data is high in comparison to other disciplines. In my view, among the social sciences, demography is the science and the rest is the social. Moreover, there is far more agreement among demographers about their estimates and analyses - as well as projections - than among other disciplines, such as economics and meteorology.
Best,
Joe
p.s. just read Bob’s comments and fully agree with him.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next