It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:08 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.3 2010 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:
I have issues with this bill too, as I feel it puts an onerous and counter-productive regulatory burden on family-owned businesses, simply because of the 'bad apples' in the large agribusinesses. The Tester amendment would shield family farms and ranches from the most onerous clauses in this bill, but what are the positions of your own senators from Texas on this? I'm sure both Cornyn and Hutchison would be fine with no regulation at all, which on the one hand is good news in the short term for family-owned businesses, but in the long run, there's still a need to ensure the safety of the food supply. This is the minutiae of politics, where the rubber meets the road.

Thanks, Don. Yep I totally agree that we need this bill to help protect our food supply but, as usual, da gubmint is taking a sledge hammer after a gnat! GAH!

Hi Bluebonnet;

As promised, I just got off the phone with the 3 senators involved here: Sen. Tester, because if the bill passes, it'll be his amendment that protects the family farms/ranches and farmer's markets; and your 2 home state senators. I'm happy to report the following:

1) The bill has once again been shelved for at least another month, as it was due to come to the floor this week [the Financial Reform bill sucked all the oxygen up lately]. As you know, the bill was introduced over a year ago and only reported out of committee last November, but the Senate is the "cooling sauce" as they say. (Also where good ideals die a thousand deaths.) It's also true that in this year of the backlash against corporate establishment politicians (whether progressive or tea-party), the PTB up on the Hill are probably afraid to bring it to a vote because of the mid-term elections in 6 months. Sen. Tester's amendment hasn't even been introduced yet because he doesn't sit on the committee where the bill was introduced, so he has to wait until it gets to the floor. One of his LA's (legislative aides) will be emailing me all the info his office has on it shortly. From what I gather, the amendment is NOT one of those 'loser formalities', which are only introduced so a senator can say "see, I tried to change it for the good!"; from the soundings that have been taken so far, the amendment stands as good a chance of being added as the bill does of being passed, so keep your fingers crossed.

2) Sen. Cornyn's office was surprised to hear from someone about this, and the LA I talked to there had to scrounge around for enough info and check with a colleague about what Sen. Cornyn's position is on it. Turns out no-one there knows how he feels about it! Not at all. Now, they could be lying, but I've worked the phones enough over the years to know when they're simply covering their ass and playing coy, and I didn't get that sense.....they simply don't know yet, and may not until the bill is seriously taken up for debate.

3) Sen. Hutchison's office was even MORE clueless; they weren't even aware of the bill at all, and after checking around, couldn't say one thing about it. They DID, however, say that they would pass along my urging that the senator suppport the Tester amendment if it came to the floor, so that if the bill looks like it's going to pass, she can help by at least voting for the Tester amendment to help protect family farms, ranches, and farmer's markets.

4) From what I gathered from all three senator's offices, this bill has had so few people calling in or emailing in that it could very well get passed simply because the 'interested few' in the public aren't making their voices known. That's one thing all 3 LA's told me; they wait to gauge the public's attitude before formulating their stand, and if all the sound and fury is coming from 'conspiracy theory' internet sites, with no-one actually making contact with their legislators, then those ranting about it will have a self-fulfilling prophecy on their hands. That's why I strongly suggest you phone in yourself and make your opinion known! THAT is how real politics should work! Don't convince yourselves that these things are 'done deals' until you've actually put in your 2 cents' worth!

Here's the phone numbers for your 2 senators to call and let them know how you feel:

Sen. Cornyn (R) Texas: (202) 224-2934
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison: (202) 224-5922

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Fri May 21, 2010 7:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Lynnwood wrote:
Huge Sinkhole Opens Up On Interstate 24 In Tennessee

Wow.....that sinkhole is smack dab in the middle of the New Madrid Seismic Zone!

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Fri May 21, 2010 7:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
2) Sen. Cornyn's office was surprised to hear from someone about this, and the LA I talked to there had to scrounge around for enough info and check with a colleague about what Sen. Cornyn's position is on it. Turns out no-one there knows how he feels about it! Not at all. Now, they could be lying, but I've worked the phones enough over the years to know when they're simply covering their ass and playing coy, and I didn't get that sense.....they simply don't know yet, and may not until the bill is seriously taken up for debate.

3) Sen. Hutchison's office was even MORE clueless; they weren't even aware of the bill at all, and after checking around, couldn't say one thing about it. They DID, however, say that they would pass along my urging that the senator suppport the Tester amendment if it came to the floor, so that if the bill looks like it's going to pass, she can help by at least voting for the Tester amendment to help protect family farms, ranches, and farmer's markets.

Thanks, Don. Actually I already have sent them e-mail after e-mail. So have tons of other folks I know. So :hmm.

Senator Hutchison is very close to the farming/ranching community and I can't believe she is not in the loop on how home folks feel about this.

Oh well, I guess with the healthcare and financial reform it just isn't on their radar. I will, however, contact my crazy liberal friends and begin to inundate them with e-mails. Then, again, they might not listen if it comes from DEMS! :roflmao

Fri May 21, 2010 9:05 am
GT Truther

Post Euro Bunker Upgrade & Truth Commission
Bluebonnet wrote:
Oh well, I guess with the healthcare and financial reform it just isn't on their radar. I will, however, contact my crazy liberal friends and begin to inundate them with e-mails. Then, again, they might not listen if it comes from DEMS! :roflmao

LMAO! People do cross party lines all the time; I started out as a Republican and have been known to pull the lever for them now and again even these days. Even Dems like farmer's markets (in fact I think they prefer them if they can get to one). Of course a constituent doesn't have to announce their party when they contact their representatives.

I also signed up at govtrack.us so that I'll get an alert any time any movement occurs on S510; that way folks can man the phones when the bill hits the floor for debate. In fact, I would encourage anyone who has any interest at all in what bills become law to sign up. It's free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Euro Bunkers Undergoing Upgrade

Back in late '08, I posted a number of pictures of a bunker complex in western Europe where the elite (some of them, anyway) will be rushed off to when TSHTF. Shortly after that, Operation Storm Tide took place, which was a training exercise to actually evacuate the elite from a 'hostile city' nearby (the real city is Brussels, of course) and take them and their families to this bunker complex which had been a WWII-era facility. Since the DUMBs have only recently been found to be unsustainable under the scenarios the elite had been preparing for decades, these older but shallower bunkers have been undergoing renovation and 'hardening'. They're even installing armaments, such as missiles, to protect the elite from any resistance from the people and rogue military units.

Recently I've received an update from this particular site, and here are some images that show some of the upgrades:

One of the entrance guard-booths:

Warning sign:

Stacked pallets showing recent resupplying efforts:

New construction enlarging the underground complex:

More of the new construction:

Manhole covers in the new construction area; note the 2009 date:

View of a manhole in the construction area:

Infrared camera installation:

Finally, on a very-much related note, please take a moment to sign the petition to ask that Congress initiate hearings under the auspices of the Bush Truth Commission, sponsored by Sen. Pat Leahy of Vermont:

http://bushtruthcommission.com/

I have proposed the idea of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate abuses during the Bush-Cheney Administration -- so they never happen again. These abuses may include the use of torture, warrantless wiretapping, extraordinary rendition, and executive override of laws.

Please sign this online petition, urging Congress to consider establishing a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate the Bush-Cheney Administration's abuses.

Thank you,

Patrick Leahy
U.S. Senator

Fri May 21, 2010 9:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
Hey Lynnwood - notice how sync your time stamp on your post occured?

Fri May 21, 2010 11:11

Sorry - but I notice these things... :hmm

AS do I!!!

your post under this quote said!

Fri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

well to me it did, hers said 7:11

hehehe add 7+1+1=9
hehehe add 7+11=18
now add 9+18=27
and it goes on forever add 2+7 ecetera

Fri May 21, 2010 4:57 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!

Did Dr. Wen Ho Lee Invent Interdimensional Travel Machine?
Sacramento, CA -- There may be a timely reason why the U.S. government dropped charges against scientist Dr. Wen Ho Lee: He's invented a machine that permits travel into other dimensions.

That's the claim of Sacramento-based UFO expert Dr. Richard Boylan, who claims sources at Los Alamos Nuclear Labs told him Dr. Lee was part of a team of scientists that created a "holographic portal" that makes travel through space and other dimensions a reality.

Boylan says his sources claim Lee used his inside information on time travel to bargain with the government and avoid several counts of breaching government security.

Other Los Alamos physicists reportedly have information similar to Dr. Lee's and are preparing "insurance policies" by hiding sensitive documents just in case they're targeted by government agencies.

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/20001003/0-did-dr-wen-ho-lee-invent.html :awe :awe :awe :awe

Fri May 21, 2010 7:38 pm
Profile YIM

Blue:
Quote:
Bigger is not necessarily better. Do I want to pay $4 for a peach? No, I don't but I don't mind paying $2 for a quality peach that comes from a local family farm. I want to be able to taste real peaches and eat real beef and poultry. And, I want to know that the farmer/rancher respects their animals and that the animal was slaughtered humanely.

Hmmm - sound like a greenie/PETA now don't I? I think it all boils down to respect for the land and respect for the animals we raise for food.

Yes, I am an Alice Waters convert and can proselytize with the best of 'em!

I am right beside you girl! ;) I won't even look at Veal, let alone buy it. Same with Chickens, Pigs, we buy from the local ranchers. Every living thing deserves the right to be treat humanely and with respect. A animal that has lived a healthy normal (free range), is going to give you healthy meat, stressed one, who knows what we get out of that meat???? Chickens who pick each other to death, who live and die in a space less than one foot, who wants to eat that?
We have our beef already on order for the fall.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

I applaud those that only buy meat that is the end result of a humane process, but even in a humane process, the end result is that the animal is murdered in order for the meat to be provided for our plates.

This issue of whether meat is murder is extremely contentious, particularly for people that are compassionate and spiritually advanced.

It is hard for me to understand how compassionate, spiritually advanced people can deal with the reality that the meat that sits on their plate is only there because an animal was killed.

I had to say this. No need to comment.

Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 am
Profile ICQ YIM
GT Truther

To the above post i understand how you feel!

Sat May 22, 2010 1:06 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Thankyou, Freekshow.

Sat May 22, 2010 1:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
I know!!
it's 6:20pm here wow the year has gone quick it felt like it was just february and now it's nearly june nearly my birthday **yawn** 27 hoo boy i wonder what life will throw at me next! :roll :sarcasism

Sat May 22, 2010 1:24 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Mel Fabregas from Veritas interviews Richard C. Hoagland | NASA: Fact or Fiction?

Source: veritasshow.com

May 21, 2010
Richard C. Hoagland discussed the decades of NASA deception. Since its inception NASA has been a division of the Department of Defense and is not authorized to disclose any information without the ultimate consent of the Executive Branch: The President / The White House. Therefore, NASA is not a civilian agency; it is a military agency. The only difference is that their craft do not carry guns. Astronauts are not only heroes, but are also victims who have been forced to forgot what they saw on the Moon.

B i o
Richard C. Hoagland is a former space science museum curator; a former NASA consultant, and during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon, was science advisor to Walter Cronkite and CBS News. For over 20 years, Hoagland has been leading an outside scientific team in a critically acclaimed independent analysis of possible intelligently-designed artifacts on Mars. Richard and his team's investigations have been quietly extended to include over 30 years of previously hidden data from NASA, Soviet, and Pentagon missions to the Moon.

Sat May 22, 2010 3:07 am
GT Truther

Helvetic wrote:
Mel Fabregas from Veritas interviews Richard C. Hoagland | NASA: Fact or Fiction?

Source: veritasshow.com

May 21, 2010
Richard C. Hoagland discussed the decades of NASA deception. Since its inception NASA has been a division of the Department of Defense and is not authorized to disclose any information without the ultimate consent of the Executive Branch: The President / The White House. Therefore, NASA is not a civilian agency; it is a military agency. The only difference is that their craft do not carry guns. Astronauts are not only heroes, but are also victims who have been forced to forgot what they saw on the Moon.

B i o
Richard C. Hoagland is a former space science museum curator; a former NASA consultant, and during the historic Apollo Missions to the Moon, was science advisor to Walter Cronkite and CBS News. For over 20 years, Hoagland has been leading an outside scientific team in a critically acclaimed independent analysis of possible intelligently-designed artifacts on Mars. Richard and his team's investigations have been quietly extended to include over 30 years of previously hidden data from NASA, Soviet, and Pentagon missions to the Moon.

ahh.. yes just look up andrew d basiago on youtube all 39 videos totaling six/eight hours of dialog Amazing, Truly!!!

Sat May 22, 2010 3:14 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

For those of you that witnessed that little burst of nastiness about my avatar, I just received an email from that person and it turns out there was a major misunderstanding about my using the phrase "redacted for space".

Just so that no-one misunderstands in the future, I use that term as a common courtesy, when a video or image or link is referenced in something I quote but to actually keep it in a quote is only taking up bandwidth. It's for the same reason we don't re-post someone's whole post if we're only going to comment on one thought in it.

Most of you who know me figured this out right away, but apparently it came across as a "diss" when I used that phrase "redacted for space", when actually I thought that video was a really good find. Maybe I should have taken a moment to say "hey, this video is a major piece of evidence! Good work!" Maybe I should do that in the future, but over the years of posting on forums it seems as if half the time posts spend a lot of time just agreeing or praising other people's posts. That's okay too, because it lets the original poster know they 'done a good thing', and encourages more 'good things' like it.

It's a real shame how a small misunderstanding like this can lead to such ugliness, but there you have it. If any reader sees me quote them and use the term "redacted for space" and not have an image or video included in the quote, you'll understand that it's not meant to be a slight, just a concern for using up bandwidth and space.

For the record, I thought that video was a major find, which is why I took the time to put it on the same level in my comment as other major pieces of news that never make the headlines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Meat 'Murder'?

Back in 1989, I was hired as a manager for a 'crystal cart' at a local shopping mall for the Christmas season. The owners were radical vegetarians, even though the supervisor I reported to confessed privately to me she had just bought a pair of leather boots that were 'da bomb' even though buying anything made of leather was frowned upon. Long story short; our mall cart did way better than the other malls, so the owners took us out for dinner to celebrate and as a way to say 'thanks'. Naturally it was a vegetarian meal, and as the dinner wound down I got into a serious debate with the main owner about the whole issue of vegetarianism. Their position was that killing anything "with a face" was murder, whether for food or clothing or anything else. So I asked him if he would eat meat that came from an animal that had been well-treated for their whole life, and then simply died of old age (which doesn't mean the meat is bad; just a little tough maybe). Based on his entire argument, he had to admit that he would. (Assuming there was no other food available.) I suggested to him that - as Siam just noted above - maybe we should simply treat all animals (which let's face it are grown for food; that's the only reason they're in existence) with respect and care, and when it comes time to 'harvest' the food, to do so in a humane way that painlessly extinguishes their life so that the food remains wholesome and healthy. If an animal were given the choice, I would think they would PREFER that. They'd rather roam about, living as nature intended them, and then when it came time, undergo a quick and painless death. Why can't we do that? Because it costs the big food processors too much? Yes, of course. It's always "the bottom line". Sigh.

So if I were living in a world without the grid, without the big food processors, living like they did in biblical times, I don't know that I could bring myself to slaughter an animal. I couldn't even slaughter the chickens we had when it came time, so we took them to a 'facility' where the chickens came squawking out of our cages in the back of the SUV and emerged hours later on the other side as meat, tightly sealed in plastic just like you find in the grocery store. Really gave me second thoughts about being a carnivore.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
So if I were living in a world without the grid, without the big food processors, living like they did in biblical times, I don't know that I could bring myself to slaughter an animal. I couldn't even slaughter the chickens we had when it came time, so we took them to a 'facility' where the chickens came squawking out of our cages in the back of the SUV and emerged hours later on the other side as meat, tightly sealed in plastic just like you find in the grocery store. Really gave me second thoughts about being a carnivore.

Yes, Don, other than the hunters here (anyone?) or anglers, I think most folks would heartily agree with their unease to willingly kill an animal.

Being the great-great-granddaughter of a man who drove cattle on the Goodnight-Loving trail, I don't have those qualms at all but that is just me and the way I was raised. Ranch kids (and farm kids, too, I imagine) are raised with the idea that there are two types of animals - pets and those raised for food/income. You are never given the chance to mistake one for the other. All animals are treated with respect. My father taught my brother and I a short prayer to say over a "kill" (be it a deer, fish or whatever) to thank the animal for giving its life for us and to thank the "Creator" (yes, he was a Mason) for the gift of life.

Other folks have different opinions and ideas about eating meat and I respect those values a great deal. :heart

As my father would say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream." ;)

Sat May 22, 2010 9:46 am
GT Truther

:wavey

I'm reading George LoBueno's book right now ---> *Alien Mind: The Thoughts And Behavior Of Extraterrestrials*,
and even if I'm only at page 67 out of 240 pages, I already highly recommend it.

I think it's a good synthesis of a large amount of available informations on the ETs subject, a deep thought provoking analysis of all aspects on the matter, and above all, it is a very well written book. Even for someone like me who's English is a second or third language, it's a fluid reading. (does that makes sense?)

Anyway, I recommend it.

Sat May 22, 2010 12:21 pm
GT Truther

simple simon wrote:
This is what Gary McKinnon found evidence of when he hacked in to NASA and the US Mil back in 2002 - although from what I remember reading he only talked about lists of 'ship to ship transfers of non-terrestial officers'.

I'm delighted to see this article, but alas Gary's family are point-blank refusing to broach this topic and try to use his knowledge as a tool to esure his continued freedom (threaten to make it public, shout it from the rooftops etc - or even do this and appeal to the public for help). His final, final extradition court case comes up later this month (May 2010). I've tried, and know that others have suggested it to them too.

Simon "

I'm pleased to see the new British government is beginning their administration by perhaps using their powers to protect a British citizen from being railroaded by the 'Big Brother' oligarchy of it's former colony. As of this date I see Gary McKinnon's paperwork kidnapping to be persecuted and put to death by bureaucracy for supposed computer crimes in the U.S. has been halted. Congratulations Tories. You surprise me.

http://gary-mckinnon-news.newslib.com/

Pray for all life with me. Peace and harmony all. Grist

Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 pm
GT Truther

Cyberbird wrote:

I'm reading George LoBueno's book right now ---> *Alien Mind: The Thoughts And Behavior Of Extraterrestrials*,
and even if I'm only at page 67 out of 240 pages, I already highly recommend it.

I think it's a good synthesis of a large amount of available informations on the ETs subject, a deep thought provoking analysis of all aspects on the matter, and above all, it is a very well written book. Even for someone like me who's English is a second or third language, it's a fluid reading. (does that makes sense?)

Anyway, I recommend it.

If you mean the book flows and keeps your interest, then yeah, cyber, that makes sense.

Dondep wrote:
For those of you that witnessed that little burst of nastiness about my avatar, I just received an email from that person and it turns out there was a major misunderstanding about my using the phrase "redacted for space".<redacted for space> -- sorry, Don, I couldn't resist that. :yamon

You've been using that avatar (Brandon Lee from The Raven?) for as long as I can remember, Don, which is more than 5 years. In virtuaspace, that image has become your unique identifier to a lot of people. Anyway, the late Brandon Lee doesn't look all that "spaced out" in the photo, I don't think. It looks like his mind is stuck in a reverie of some kind. :hmm Like Bill Clinton, he didn't inhale. ;)

Dondep wrote:
Is Meat 'Murder'?

Bluebonnet wrote:
Yes, Don, other than the hunters here (anyone?) or anglers, I think most folks would heartily agree with their unease to willingly kill an animal.

I can see both sides of the argument, but as a meat-eater, I'd have a very hard time living as a vegan. Personally, I've plucked and gutted a couple of pheasants back in the 1990s (I never shot them though), and while it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences, once I had gutted one pheasant, the second came a lot easier, as you look at the animal in a more detached way. A pheasant is a small animal compared to a pig or a bullock though, and I don't think I could work in a slaughterhouse day in, day out, like those pros do. "Meat is murder" was also an album put out by cult indie band The Smiths BTW, many moons ago.

Sat May 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Just a personal opinion, but I am happy to take any comments:

I have been a vegetarian (lacto) for 35 years of my life now and I will never change that. I was fortunate to study Eastern philosophy in my teens and that's where my eyes opened to the fact that humans are not designed to eat meat. Scientifically/Biologically it is not hard to prove that as humans have a long digestive track we don't digest flesh. I leave the option open here to what happens thus to the flesh consumed to those who want to be inquisitive. And by all means this is not to start a campaign to convert anybodies personal opinion or dietery practice.

Apart from clear references in the good book that humans were advised not to consume blood, there is so much evidence in print today that can show the effect on the body from eating flesh in high quantity. There is a statistic in my country that reveals that 70 % of men that consume high meat diets have diabetes as a result. I have assisted many people who are diagnosed with colon or liver cancer in remedying the situation through dietary adjustment.

Having personally studied the effects of eating types of grass that have nutritious content (Wheat grass for example) just to understand how I could survive in dire situations for lack of available food and I experienced excellent health as a result, albeit a bland experience. Survival training is a cool experience to understand what you can survive on.

So the argument for or against killing does really come down to personal opinion in whether you would do the deed just to survive. Personally I feel I do not want the karmic load as it is hard enough achieving a lightness to make progress on the inner pathway.

The feeling from eating only veg and being "light" within a short space of time can't be a bad thing at all. I have not had heartburn ever when I do have a large meal, except for consuming too much starch. :tounge
Drink the juice of a potato for this by the way rather than Alka-Seltzer!!!

Anybody had any nightmares recently after consuming a juicy steak?
:heart :brockoli :heart

Sat May 22, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post The Attempted Murder of God
Has anyone read this book or heard any comments on it? There are many atheists doing a turn in their beliefs after reading this book and prompted me to order it recently.

"the attempted murder of GOD" - hidden science you really need to know Author: Scrooby

http://www.mcgproductionsltd.com

ISBN:978-0-9564714-0-6

It basically refutes ALL proof that we evolved from slugs as has been forced down our throats in the past few years, as well as makes a meal of why Conspiracy exists and why Science (or Big Money) will never accept publically that there is actually a Creator.

After just chapter one, I am astounded by the writers style and facts. I trust I will get the time to write up some deeper comments elsewhere on the board (I still have some promised tasks to take care of as committed recently on the general part of the board!)

Sat May 22, 2010 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

I'm glad mjc mentioned that Dondep's avatar was Brandon Lee, I always thought it was but didn't want to ask. I think it's a great avatar and like everyone else's here it says something about the person that chose it. I can't stick one on because I do all my posting from a phone and I don't think it will let me. Google Rick Hunter to see what my avatar would be. He was a pilot in the Anime series Robotech.
On the subject of books I have been reading "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. It's about the evidence for an advanced seafaring civilisation about 12000 years ago, e.g. there are maps that show Antarctica before it was covered in ice.

Sat May 22, 2010 5:24 pm
Site Admin

Cyber and Rick - thanks for the book suggestions. :wavey

I've run out of books to read - well, that is not totally true - I've run out of books to read that I've never read before is more accurate. ;)

Thanks for the tips, ya'll! I'll check them out! :heart

Sat May 22, 2010 5:56 pm
GT Truther

@sky

oh I totally agree I only eat meat to keep the family happy I only eat small quantities i can't physically eat steak at all i just can't come at it from any angle i will only eat chicken or fish IF and ONLY IF I have to steak i just too tough for my poor old teeth here i'll post a youtube vid of my teeth shortly i apologize in advace if i swear in it so sorry you guys sometimes it just comes out and i don't meen it to!!

the reason the water tasted like an ashtray was because it tasted sooty to much flouride, I think it contributed to the state that my teeth are in!

Someone at TORONTO in Australia bashed me at 2:30 in the morning they threw me up against a pole and it spiderwebbed my skull it also made hairline cracks in my teeth then a week later i had no money so i was forced to drink the toxic water here and after a week my teeth started shattering in my mouth they were literally exploding in my mouth :flame I was fuming :flame

Sat May 22, 2010 6:01 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Shoulda known this would come up...

11 Days Before BP "ACCIDENT" Halliburton Bought Oil Well Disaster Control Company *UPDATED*

http://wakeupfromyourslumber.com/news/1 ... ny-updated

Quote:
Amazing that the common denominator in this disaster seems to be former Halliburton CEO Dick Cheney. Blogger Connects Dots and Finds Arrow Pointing to ex-VP

(Newser) – The scope of the Gulf oil spill is far from clear, but the finger-pointing is already under way, and a lot of fingers ought to be aiming at Dick Cheney, Alex Pareene blogs for Salon. Connecting the dots that begin with a Wall Street Journal exposé, we learn that Cheney's highly classified energy task force was responsible for the fact "that the oil well didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch," Pareene writes, "a thing that it seems every single offshore drilling rig should have."

"The former Dark Lord of the Naval Observatory" is no rookie at covering his tracks, but the follow-up argument is a no-brainer: "Halliburton is involved, too! The Los Angeles Times reports that BP contracted Dick Cheney's old company to cement the deepwater drill hole." In short, Pareene writes, "Thanks, Dick. Nice work."

Halliburton Acquired Boots & Coots On 9 April 2010

Halliburton, the world’s second-largest oil field services company behind Schlumberger, yesterday said it would acquire oil and gas well fire control company Boots & Coots, in a stock and cash deal worth about $240 million.

Boots & Coots is a global emergency response company that specializes in offering prevention, response and restoration capabilities to the global needs of the oil and gas industries.

Boots & Coots International Well Control services categories: enviornmental and safety, well control services, drilling and well services, well control.

The company’s pressure control services are designed to reduce the number and severity of critical events such as oil and gas well fires, blowouts or other incidences due to loss of control at the well.

As the adage goes....timing is everything!

Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 pm
GT Truther

Cyberbird wrote:

Good find. Here's a snip, and anyone can download the whole book in MS Word if they want, for free, at http://alienmindbook.org/AlienMinddownload.doc

George LoBueno, in Alien Mind: The Thoughts And Behavior Of Extraterrestrials, wrote:

So, how can you safely study aliens during interactions with them? First off, try to learn, as best you can, who they are, where they originate from, and what other aliens they affiliate with. They may be reluctant to state such information at the outset, but, please, have patience. Information of the sort invariably arises, however obliquely. Be careful to check to see whether the alien is honest about who they represent, and whether, in superficial terms, they try to feign some other ambiguous status. The more experience you have, the less they’ll be able to mislead you.

And, please, try to glean whether or not the alien is materially interested in this planet or its environs. This is crucial because an immediate material interest tends to corrupt their judgment. You may want to lead the alien through an ongoing series of considerations about the current human situation. In other words, test the alien’s attitude and disposition about human corruption, the compromising of human elites, and various (realistic) scenarios for committing human society to the common good. If you’re too direct in this, you may be deceived, but if you’re fine and subtle and you continue to pursue such considerations over time, you should begin to note whether the alien is at ease with good human priorities. You detect the subtle resonance of each idea in the alien’s mind. If the alien tends to clam up as though afraid to betray an attitude or agenda that might disturb you---if that silence is too cold and thick, too singularly detached, be careful.

There are advanced remote sensing techniques for checking on a given alien group’s entire context, methods that are extraordinarily reliable, but in order to do so you’ll first need to tease out some of the basic characteristics of such aliens. Finer, better minds can always prevail in such context (they tend to be more subtle). As a human, you must be able to suspend or eliminate violent impulses, explosive metaphors, killer lingo, and so on. Otherwise, you may be too crude for extended interaction (instead, you may find yourself shunned or taken advantage of). A good alien may allow you some time to eliminate crude tendencies in your outlook, knowing that you may be new to advanced interactions. But once they know that you’re aware of advanced standards, they’ll check to make sure you’ve become more civilized, in the universal sense of the word.

You’ll do better to remove or discard misplaced clichés in your thought and expression. For example, when interacting with aliens, it isn’t wise to use much first person, singular reference or to talk about what is “appropriate” (implies acquisitiveness). Don’t use shooting metaphors. Don’t use language that has any gender bias, whatsoever, and, please, don’t pretend to be entirely unique. It’s best to think in terms of social identity and to use, clear, clean logic. Otherwise, there may be question as to your competency, in the off-world sense.

When interacting with aliens, try, as best you can, to let your mind go further than is normal on this planet. Keep your mind clear and unbiased so that unexpected images and thoughts or metaphors can register in your consciousness (they’re definitely there, if you’re interacting with aliens). Allow for greater breadth of consideration than you’d expect in a typical, Earth-based conversation (this can be refreshing, to say the least). And remember, there are minds (and models of mind) that can monitor all such interactions, i.e. through unusual structuring of time. So, neither you nor the alien acts alone, or in isolation, especially in situations as dynamic as that of Earth, now---which occur relatively infrequently, on a galaxy scale. You may hear critiques that make you uncomfortable, which is good, because that means the alien is being honest. And whatever you do, don’t speak from an elitist perspective because if you do, you’ll be seen as simple-minded or one who is easily duped, given the ecologically ruinous and immature nature of elitist perspective.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mjc wrote:
You've been using that avatar (Brandon Lee from The Raven?) for as long as I can remember, Don, which is more than 5 years. In virtuaspace, that image has become your unique identifier to a lot of people. Anyway, the late Brandon Lee doesn't look all that "spaced out" in the photo, I don't think. It looks like his mind is stuck in a reverie of some kind.

Rick Hunter wrote:
I'm glad mjc mentioned that Dondep's avatar was Brandon Lee, I always thought it was but didn't want to ask. I think it's a great avatar and like everyone else's here it says something about the person that chose it. I can't stick one on because I do all my posting from a phone and I don't think it will let me. Google Rick Hunter to see what my avatar would be. He was a pilot in the Anime series Robotech.
On the subject of books I have been reading "Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock. It's about the evidence for an advanced seafaring civilisation about 12000 years ago, e.g. there are maps that show Antarctica before it was covered in ice.

Yes, it is Brandon Lee, and even though it really was the only male image left in GLP's avatar galleries at the time I signed up, I like it because I like the character Brandon Lee plays and the fact that he gives the bad-asses their comeuppance.

Rick, interesting you should also mention Hancock's "Fingerprints of the Gods"; that was one of the formative books for me when I first started looking into 'alternative history'. I bought it in hardback when it first came out, and I've always been impressed with Hancock's balance between clean scholarship and an inquisitive, open mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Boots & Coots", is that right, Lynnwood?!? Too funny! One of those PFNs....(Perfect Fitting Names). There's talk by Sec'y of the Interior of "keeping the Boot on the neck of BP", and then the common understanding of the name word "coots", which comes up in Google on the first page with this little nugget:

http://10000birds.com wrote:
Apr 28, 2008 ... For the uninitiated, the word “coot” calls to mind nothing more than doddering old codgers and curmudgeons. Nature lovers, on the other hand, are privy to an entirely new complement of coots, a collection of charming charcoal wading birds found throughout most of the world. Coots are mid-sized waders in the genus Fulica. Technically rails, coots are far more confiding and boldly colored than most of their kin in the family Rallidae. In fact, coots tend to live out loud under our very noses, safe from the scrutiny of an uninformed public that usually mistakes them for ducks in local parks. They resemble stealth gallinules in ninja plumage of black shading down to hues of soot and plumbeous. However, with their pugnacious, territorial ways and bold bills and frontal shields, they’re not sneaking up on anybody!

How perfectly fitting for Big Dick Cheney's company to bring in the "boots" and "coots", LMAO!!

American coots, standing around just like their human counterparts:

Sat May 22, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next