It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:36 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.3 2010 
GT Truther

Post Re: How To Survive The Apocalypse: Gap-Jawed Humor
Dondep wrote:
Here are some more attempts to use ridicule in the mainstream media lately to deflect any concern about serious issues:.

DonD

I think the intelligence community are manipulating opinions again. A protest march in Sacramento, Calif. the other day against a ban attempt to prevent any unloaded weapons to be seen in the public viewing. In other words someone resents seeing a slung rifle over your shoulder at anytime.
So, the public released news picture for the day of the gathering was a farmer wearing a huge assault styled weapon slung over his shoulder. I immediately reacted wondering "Do I want to see people carrying these kind of weapons?" It wasn't the real issue, pure manipulation distortion.
Ariz. recently, and doesn't go into effect until April sometime, passed a law allowing people to carry concealed guns without a permit. I think that's what the border wars have caused. High Ranking Officials helped the passing by saying they feel a lot safer when they can carry a gun.
Unfortunately, I agree. I've been in situations, one for example, near Ariz., remote with my wife where I equaled the danger from some bad in appearance hombre's partying by having my gun, with a legal permit, with me at the time, and it made me feel I had at least a chance of surviving a bad encounter with these guys. Otherwise, we would have been dependant on their mercy. Today's Villain's, don't seem to show a lot of that anymore.

Dex

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 am
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
Shady Groves wrote:
Quote:
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Photo: The Time Traveler?

http://gizmodo.com/5519660/time-travele ... photograph

gizmodo - When you look at most of the two dozen or so people in this photograph, which belongs to a Canadian museum, there's no doubt that they're from 1940, the year in which it was taken. But what about that guy?

Those funky sunglasses? That stamped t-shirt and hippie shawl? The doofy, disinterested expression? He sure as hell doesn't look like any Roosevelt-era bro I have ever seen. Maybe that's just it—he looks like a "bro," which we all know didn't come into existence until the 1970s, at the earliest.

Forgetomori has an extensive analysis of the photo and the mystery man, and, with some help from members of ATS, points out that no single item of his wardrobe is technically out of period.

But his entire essence, especially in contrast to the sea of fedoras and 1940s enthusiasm around him, screams that he's from another era entirely. Sorry, time travel bro, you've been spotted.

NOTE: Maybe it's an 'observer' :) I've been reading the theories on this photo and, honestly, I have no opinion...Lon

Photo: The Time Traveler?

On closer inspection, doen't that photo look as if it he is holding a modern 35 mm camera ?

The Truth... Is for those who are bold enough to learn it, knowledgeable enough to accept it, stand not in judgment of it and are not predisposed to add
boundaries to it..

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 am
GT Truther

(Note: This too is being closely monitored by the ships.)
Cross posting from the ATS...Dex

Factual information mixed with some biblical prophecies:

It is public knowledge that as of December 2009 Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas became allied together by bonafide war pacts against Israel. Iran is a member of Ezekiel 38-39 and Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas appear to be identified in Psalm 83. These war pacts reportedly commit them to fight alongside each other should any of them come under attack by Israel.

However, matters have deteriorated and are quite different today. A brief review of Mideast events occurring since the Israel – Hamas war suggests the Fertile Crescent is presently a ticking end time’s bomb set to explode. In addition to the war pacts described above, here are a few more troublesome interim occurrences:

1. Israelis have distributed gas masks.
2. Israelis are preparing for a multi-front chemical war with Iran, Hezbollah, Syria, and Hamas.
3. Israel is constructing new and renovating thousands of old bomb shelters.
4. Israel is threatening a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s nuclear sites.
5. Iran could have a nuclear bomb within eighteen months.
6. Syria is now thought to have the most powerful scud missiles in the world.
7. Syria has reportedly shipped scud missiles to Hezbollah.
8. Syria has threatened to attack major Israeli cities in the event of war.
9. Hezbollah has declared that it can wipe out one-half of Israel’s army.
10. Hezbollah has been training for hand to hand combat inside Israeli cities.
11. Hezbollah and Syria reportedly have chemical weapons.
12. Hezbollah has stockpiled over 50,000 rockets.
13. Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are within rocket reach of Israel’s enemies.
14. Hamas reportedly has rockets that can reach Israel’s nuclear reactor in Dimona.

beforeitsnews.com...
prophecynewsstand.blogspot.com...

so i think its fairly obvious that war is afoot in the mid east. a major regional war that could erupt into world war III considering the economic health of the world. no mater how biased i am towards christians, i do find the prophecies of st. malachy and the popes interesting, i find revalations interesting, and i find gog and magog interesting.. thing is. all this seems to be playing out right before our eyes. all this talk of nibiru (wormwood) in 2012, only 1 pope left in st malachy's prophecy, war of ezekiel 38 seems to be in preperation stages... and all i can say is: damn thats strange!! im no believer, nor am i athiest but i certaintly dont consider myself to be a christian. or muslim or jew or hindu or buddhist and so on for the record. isnt strange that these prophecies seem to be playing themselves out???

its not a matter of if, its a matter of when people. a major regional conflict is going to break out. if the worlds powers decide to back their respective sides, it will be world war III. china and russia have spent alot of money in iran. they have alot invested there. and the us does in israel. time will tell i suppose.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com...
http://www.israelnationalnews.com...
http://www.haaretz.com...
http://www.haaretz.com...
prophecydepot.blogspot.com...
http://www.omegaletter.com...
abcnews.go.com...
http://www.bible-prophecy-today.com...

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:28 am
GT Truther

Post Object strikes Jupiter
Meteor Hit On Jupiter Prompts Russian Warning For Earth

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

Russian Space Officials are reporting in the Kremlin today that the meteor-strike on the Planet Jupiter yesterday is “cause for alarm” over what these reports say is an “unusual and growing” gravitational “influence” appearing to have been generated from the extremely rare triple conjunction of Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron which is “severely altering” the paths of space debris originating in the Ort Cloud and heading towards the inner Planets of our Solar System, including Earth.

Further being stated in these reports is that the paths of numerous meteors and asteroids are about to be further altered towards our Earth when on July 22nd the Solar Eclipse, the longest to occur in the entire 21st Century, will lesson our Planets gravitational field as evidence from the newly launched Gravity field and steady-state Ocean Circulation Explorer (GOCE) satellite is now showing.

Most interesting to note in these reports is that the possible end-of-July timeline should our Earth be hit by an errant meteorite exactly coincides with the United States announcing what they are calling a Tier 1 National Level Exercise to be held on July 27 through July 31 by their Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) who is advising all of their citizens to prepare for at least 3-days by storing food and water.

Also interesting to note is that Jupiter was similarly slammed by meteorites during this same period (July 16-22) fifteen years ago in 1994 when it was repeatedly struck by the pieces of an object designated as Comet P/Shoemaker-Levy 9.

To our own Earth being targeted by meteorites in our ancient past there is overwhelming evidence, however, in our modern times the only incident of our Planet being hit was on June 30, 2008, when what is called the “Tunguska Event” unleashed of force of destruction estimated to have equaled the explosion of between 5-30 megatons of TNT upon the waste areas of Siberia upon its being hit by as an yet unidentified piece of space debris.

The best historical evidence in our Earth’s ancient past of our Planet being hit by space debris one can turn to the Russian researcher Immanuel Velikovsky, who in his 1950 book titled World’s In Collision postulated that:

Planet Earth has suffered natural catastrophes on a global scale, both before and during mankind's recorded history.

There is evidence for these catastrophes in the geological record (here Velikovsky was advocating Catastrophist ideas as opposed to the prevailing Uniformitarian notions) and archeological record. The extinction of many species had occurred catastrophically, not by gradual Darwinian means.

The catastrophes which occurred within the memory of mankind are recorded in the myths, legends and written history of all ancient cultures and civilisations. Velikovsky pointed to alleged concordances in the accounts of many cultures, and proposed that they referred to the same real events. For instance, the memory of a flood is recorded in the Hebrew Bible, in the Greek legend of Deucalion and in the Manu legend of India. Velikovsky put forward the psychoanalytic idea of "Cultural Amnesia" as a mechanism whereby these literal records came to be regarded as mere myths and legends.

The cause of these natural catastrophes were close encounters between the Earth and other bodies within the solar system — not least what were now the planets Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Mars, these bodies having moved upon different orbits within human memory.

To explain the celestial mechanics necessary to permit these changes to the configuration of the solar system, Velikovsky thought that electromagnetic forces might somehow play a greater role to counteract gravity and orbital mechanics.

Some of Velikovsky's specific postulated catastrophes included:

A tentative suggestion that Earth had once been a satellite of a "proto-Saturn" body, before its current solar orbit.

That the Deluge (Noah's Flood) had been caused by proto-Saturn entering a nova state, and ejecting much of its mass into space.

A suggestion that the planet Mercury was involved in the Tower of Babel catastrophe.

Jupiter had been the culprit for the catastrophe which saw the destruction of the "Cities of the Plain" (Sodom and Gomorrah)

Periodic close contacts with a cometary Venus (which had been ejected from Jupiter) had caused the Exodus events (c.1500 BCE) and Joshua's subsequent "sun standing still" incident.

Periodic close contacts with Mars had caused havoc in the 8th and 7th centuries BCE.

For our purposes though, the striking of our Sister Planet yesterday by a meteorite, for whatever reason, should serve as yet another reminder that the times we live in our indeed perilous and call for the utmost preparation for anyone wishing to survive the growing chaos surrounding all of us.

Douglas Adams

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm
GT Truther

(Note: This build-up reminds me of the 'warning' in the book.."Secret of the Saucers"? I wonder?...Anyone know how to change God's mind?...Dex)

Scientific Scenario Of A Comet's Impact And The "Wormwood Star" Prophecy

by Marshall Beeber
http://www.messianic-literary.com/comet1.htm

An Introduction

In the First Century AD, the Apostle John wrote an apocalyptic book called "Revelation" in which he described among many "end-time" events the collision of a star called Wormwood with Earth. Revelation states:

Rev. 8:10-11: The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Wormwood is a botanical herb commonly known for its bitterness. See Botanical.com. It was used as a pesticide, medicinal tonic and liqueur ingredient. The term "wormwood" was often used to describe "extreme bitterness".

Let us consider the possibility of a "star" turning the waters bitter on Earth. The term "star" in classical terminology lacks the modern astronomical sense. It could have been referring to a comet, asteroid, "sun-like" star or planet. Since the possibility of a planet or sun colliding with earth is infinitesimal, we will eliminate this possibility.

A Scientific Explanation For The Wormwood Star

The Wormwood prophecy cites a "great star, blazing like a torch". Comets are well known for their blazing tails, due to ionization of their gases by the Sun. Either an asteroid or comet could manifest a blazing tail on their entry into Earth's atmosphere. With respect to a comet's impact with a planet, astronomers have recently tracked the collision of the "Shoemaker-Levy 9" comet with the planet Jupiter and were able to confirm many of their theories.

Various scientific scenarios have been theorized on the effects of an asteroid or comet's collision with Earth. An applicable scenario theorizes a chemical change in the atmosphere due to "heat shock" during entry and/or impact of a large asteroid or comet, reacting oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere to produce nitric acid rain. The bitterness produced by the Wormwood Star upon a third of the Earth's potable waters could be the Biblical prediction of "acid rain" from the "heat shock" of a large comet or asteroid's impact with Earth.

The Hooper Natural Science Museum in Ottawa, Canada cites a scientific theory that postulates "atmospheric chemical changes" from the impact of an asteroid or comet with the Earth. See the statement below:

When an asteroid enters earth's atmosphere there are two occurrences of extreme shock. The first occurs as the asteroid enters the atmosphere. The second, more important one, occurs when the ejecta plume (the ejected debris caused by an impact) enters the atmosphere (Zahnle, 1990). This shock causes the breakdown of the oxygen (O2) and the nitrogen (N2) molecules found in our atmosphere. Through a series of chemical reactions the dissociation of the nitrogen and oxygen forms NO which is then converted into NO2. These two molecules can produce acid rain (HNO3) (Prinn and Fegley, 1987). In 1987 Prinn and Fegley determined the atmospheric consequences of a "large" comet impact versus a "small" comet impact. They assumed the "large" impact comet had a mass of 1.25 x 1016 Kg traveling at a velocity of 65 Km/s. As for the "small" impact asteroid, they assumed it had a mass of 5 x 1014 Kg traveling at a velocity of 20 Km/s. It is important to note that these two objects are possible bolides that hit the earth 65 million years ago.

Conclusions of the Large Impact Scenario

If the comet scenario occurred, 7 x 1040 molecules of NO would have been produced and subsequently converted into acid rain. (See chemical reactions) This would have caused a global dispersal of acid rain with a pH of 0-1.5. On the continents the acid rain would have weathered the soil removing many of the insoluble elements ( for e.g. Be+2, Al+3, Hg+2, Cu+, Fe+2, Fe+3, Ti+3, Pb+2, Cd+2, Mn+2, Sr+2). These elements would end up in soil water, streams, rivers, lakes, etc., causing a problem as some of these elements are known for their toxicity towards plants and animals (e.g. Al, Be, Ti, Hg). As for the oceans, the global acid rain would lower the pH of the mixed layer (the top 75 M of the ocean) to a pH of 7.8, breaking down the calcareous shells of organisms that thrive in the mixing zone.

Conclusions of the Small Impact Scenario

If the "small" asteroid scenario were to occur, the amount of acid rain produced would be similar to the "large" comet scenario but only near the impact site. The global pH change would be rather insignificant.

Above statement is referred to Reference Link #3 (Hooper Museum Website)

Conclusion

In conclusion, the scientific scenario theorizing "acid rain" following a large comet or asteroid impact with Earth is the best explanation for the "Wormwood Star" prophecy existing today. Such information enhances the credibility of the "Wormwood Star" prophecy and New Testament writings with scientific theory. This scenario may be another instance of "Science catching up with Biblical prophecy".

Referring Links

Below are various links discussing asteroids and comets. I have focused particularly on the scientific scenarios of a comet or asteroid colliding with Earth, causing chemical changes in the atmosphere.

"Purdue Univ. Physics Dept." article on physical attributes of comets.

Hayden Planetarium website analysis of 1994 comet collision with the planet Jupiter.

Hooper Museum website article predicting "atmospheric chemical changes" with the impact of a comet.

Smithsonian/NASA article on possible "acid rain" effect of comet's collision with Earth.

"Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, UK" website article on impact geology, physics and chemistry of comets.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: The Survivaball
Dondep wrote:
http://www.survivaball.com wrote:

The Survivaball

We are America's largest companies, and we have a plan to save you from the wide range of catastrophes that are likely to come from our increasingly unstable climate.
While others look to Senate bills or UN accords for a climate solution, we look to our best engineers.

And our expert team has come up with a solution in perfect accord with our values.

Technological. Profitable. And, dare we say, beautiful.

Lol, I like the Vitruvian_man-styled logo of this faux company. A lot of time, effort and money's gone into their fake marketing campaign.

Don, I seem to recall that after one of your Kerrang! radio interviews in mid-2008, Nick Margerrison opened the phone lines for callers to air their views and provide some feedback, and a male caller rang into the show recommending a design that went something along the lines of the Survivaball to survive a catastrophic event. BTW, Margerisson is no longer at Kerrang! Radio.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 pm
GT Truther

Dex wrote:
(Note: This build-up reminds me of the 'warning' in the book.."Secret of the Saucers"? I wonder?...Anyone know how to change God's mind?...Dex)

Scientific Scenario Of A Comet's Impact And The "Wormwood Star" Prophecy

by Marshall Beeber
http://www.messianic-literary.com/comet1.htm

An Introduction

In the First Century AD, the Apostle John wrote an apocalyptic book called "Revelation" in which he described among many "end-time" events the collision of a star called Wormwood with Earth. Revelation states:

Rev. 8:10-11: The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water-- the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

Dex buddy.

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

So the "STAR" of wormwood is the Angel of Bitterness. In Rev Ch 6 is states he wears a bow over his head. The Greek word used for bow is not the bow or the "Glory" which shines around GOD but a cheap imitation. So this angel of bitterness rides that pale horse to deceive the world. This is called the "Great Apostasy". An apostasy is the defection of ones professed belief or faith. Lucifer, the light bringer will come as "Instead of Christ". Anti in the Greek language does not mean "Against" but rather "Instead of". So you could say he is the deceiver just from that. He comes in and everyone follows because he is able to do a few majik tricks. Lightning, Water into wine.. Things like that. 2nd Thes Ch 2 says the whole world will be deceived when he comes. When he comes he will heal the deadly wound.

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

It is Lucifer's followers who create the deadly wound. They are the ones which bring the whole world to it knee's or allow it to happen while they stand safe in their bunkers deep underground. How have they created the wound.. They have bled the world dry of its food and resources. They have taken them underground to wait out the storm which is coming. Then in the aftermath they believe that they win. In my book that is when they loose...

:candle :candle :candle

The Truth... Is for those who are bold enough to learn it, knowledgeable enough to accept it, stand not in judgment of it and are not predisposed to add
boundaries to it..

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 pm
GT Truther

Sorcha Faal wrote (as posted above by Simmering Frog)

Quote:
“...the meteor-strike on the Planet Jupiter yesterday is “cause for alarm” over what these reports say is an “unusual and growing” gravitational “influence”

Yes, but….

Quote:
appearing to have been generated from the extremely rare triple conjunction of Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron ….”

Horsefeathers. :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao A triple conjunction of Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron is 1) by no means “rare” as those things go, let alone “extremely” rare, 2) it happened, at any rate, last summer and all astrological logic would deem its influence to be waning, rather than increasing since then.

Quote:
“…[influence] which is “severely altering” the paths of space debris originating in the Ort Cloud and heading towards the inner Planets of our Solar System, including Earth…”

Uhm. No. :hmm Ol’ Jupiter and Neptune have been meeting in conjunction approximately every 14 years since time immemorial. And Chiron is only a ‘planetoid’ – a minor, tiny asteroid-sized body – nothing with one-zillionth the gravitational pull of Jupiter itself. It would hardly register as one of Jupiter’s 60+ moons, let alone match any of the largest four. So how could this relatively minor astronomical conjunction be pulling asteroids out of orbit????

Quote:
the paths of numerous meteors and asteroids are about to be further altered towards our Earth when on July 22nd the Solar Eclipse, the longest to occur in the entire 21st Century, will lesson our Planets gravitational field…

A solar eclipse? Alter the gravitational field enough to cause this? :yamon That’s rock-bottom hilarious…. No. No. And No.

Okay. Enough hilarity. The next section makes some sense, before veering again into faint ridicule of its subject:

Quote:
The best historical evidence in our Earth’s ancient past of our Planet being hit by space debris one can turn to the Russian researcher Immanuel Velikovsky, who in his 1950 book titled World’s In Collision postulated that:

Planet Earth has suffered natural catastrophes on a global scale, both before and during mankind's recorded history.

There is evidence for these catastrophes in the geological record (here Velikovsky was advocating Catastrophist ideas as opposed to the prevailing Uniformitarian notions) and archeological record. The extinction of many species had occurred catastrophically, not by gradual Darwinian means.

The catastrophes which occurred within the memory of mankind are recorded in the myths, legends and written history of all ancient cultures and civilisations. Velikovsky pointed to alleged concordances in the accounts of many cultures, and proposed that they referred to the same real events. For instance, the memory of a flood is recorded in the Hebrew Bible, in the Greek legend of Deucalion and in the Manu legend of India. Velikovsky put forward the psychoanalytic idea of "Cultural Amnesia" as a mechanism whereby these literal records came to be regarded as mere myths and legends.

The cause of these natural catastrophes were close encounters between the Earth and other bodies within the solar system — not least what were now the planets Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Mars, these bodies having moved upon different orbits within human memory.

To explain the celestial mechanics necessary to permit these changes to the configuration of the solar system, Velikovsky thought that electromagnetic forces might somehow play a greater role to counteract gravity and orbital mechanics.

The list of Velikovsy’s hypotheses quoted next cites only those that are still highly controversial. His exact hits are too numerous to cite here, and are probably fodder for another thread. Nevertheless, Faal concludes by saying:

Quote:
For our purposes though, the striking of our Sister Planet yesterday by a meteorite, for whatever reason, should serve as yet another reminder that the times we live in our indeed perilous and call for the utmost preparation for anyone wishing to survive the growing chaos surrounding all of us.

Amen to that.

However, the overall thrust of Faal’s post appears to be a warning to ‘prepare’ for something like an asteroid strike in the future – but does not address the more pertinent evidence that these gravitational/orbital perturbations are in fact being caused by the top-secret approach of Planet X, a seriously large body, a brown dwarf four times the diameter of Venus and many times its mass with a powerful magnetic core, enough to cause real perturbations…..

THAT would, indeed, rock ‘n’ roll planets in orbit. Our included.

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm
Site Admin

Bravo Selene & I love your picture that's hilarious :roflmao

Although it's NOT a quote it deserves to be in the Greatest Quote's From the GT Thread :clap

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

yes best cat pic/joke ever.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm
GT Truther

I'm glad you all enjoy the cats but I don't write the captions. They must certainly be credited to the wonderfully inventive minds at Lolcats http://icanhascheezburger.com/.

Lolcats provides a daily hit of humorous cat commentaries on life.... Warning: May Be Habit Forming... but makes a great fave bookmark.....!

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:05 pm

They are priceless, Selene!!!! :roflmao :roflmao Thanks for the link.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Dept. of Hmmmm...

I'm thinking about the putative date in late July of Faal's purported 'asteroid instability' caused by the solar eclipse etc.... (I'm not holding Faal responsible here for reporting what she's been told/"leaked" i.e. The Media Eats What It's Fed.)

Here's the connection - an "incoming OMG asteroid/strike/entity!!!!!" due in - mmmm - "late July", huh?

Just in time for the "Dan Daring Saves The Universe" radio show/series now beginning on another channel to "coincidentally" ;) ;) ;) save us all from catastrophe, no?

Translation: The notorious March 28, 2010 'timeline divergence' broadcast/transcript didn't succeed in quelling the global unease about Planet X, so let's try again. This time, the plot is: we'll all be saved from that nasty inbound asteroid - hooray! - by those brave folks at Majestic/Sion/Whatever by the newly reinvigorated team of Dan and SuperMarci . They'll fight for us against the nasties and stomp it down once and for all. There will not be any geopolar shift, no ELE nor inundation. Yes. We are saved by our "betters".

Or whatever.

Stay tuned.

It will get crazier. :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Summer should be fun viewing.

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 pm

All I can Say is WOW!

What cool imagery SDO is producing. I was truly mesmerised....

This will surely be a show to follow:

Quote:
First Light for the Solar Dynamics Observatory

April 21, 2010: Warning, the images you are about to see could take your breath away.

At a press conference today in Washington DC, researchers unveiled "First Light" images from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, a space telescope designed to study the sun.

"SDO is working beautifully," reports project scientist Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This is even better than we could have dreamed."

Launched on February 11th from Cape Canaveral, the observatory has spent the past two months moving into a geosynchronous orbit and activating its instruments. As soon as SDO's telescope doors opened, the spacecraft began beaming back scenes so beautiful and puzzlingly complex that even seasoned observers were stunned.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/21apr_firstlight/

:huh :popcorn :popcorn :huh

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Cool images thanks for sharing Sky

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:36 am
Profile WWW

A thought for those in suffering
If I may just share a moment with you all in reminder to my brothers and sisters who died and others now suffering in Northern Tibet.

We are so lucky as humanity that have not had to experience such a disastrous event!

A small prayer - if I may:

Divine Eternal Father, let Thy Spirit be poured out on the survivors in the mountains of Tibet, and let the mountains be prepared for the coming of the Sons of Light (B’nai Or) throughout China-Tibet. Let the Peace and Love of Chenrezig fill the mountains and send witnesses from the sky to the sacred areas throughout Asia to turn the hearts of stone into hearts of compassion. Let all those who hope for the Light, prevail upon the earth and all those who quest for meaning within the awesome signs and seasons we live in receive a deeper peace and understanding.

And Love and Blessings to you All

:candle :candle :candle

Edited By: L2L to remove colours

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 am
Profile WWW

Hey DonD, trust you're over your Hard Drive issues? I have been off line for a week due to my fairly new HD suddenly caving in and refusing me access. My backups were 3 months old (much to my teary surprise) and I have been sifting and sorting ever since. :doh

So I can't really stress it enough as advice to all who have precious data or just love their data banks - to BACK UP EVERY DAY!!! If you don't have a spare HD - go get a 1Tb and do this now. For some reason unbeknown to me - my HD just failed and I thought I lost all. What I did manage to discover just before I disassembled my HD to replace the board at an attempt to rebuild it (I thought that a transistor/capacitor failed somewhere) that if I freeze my drive for about half an hour - it revived long enough to recover stuff for about another half hour. Go figure? So I have been running to the freezer for the past week, and am happy that I finally have most of my data back. Eish!

Beware, as I am still concerned at how this came about.... :shakehead

:rant :rant :rant

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Quote:
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
The Devil's Tramping Ground - Chatham County, N.C.

The Devil's Tramping Ground is a barren circle in the forest in the Harper's Crossroad community near Bennett, North Carolina. It is the subject of some of North Carolina's oldest legends. For at least the last hundred years, nothing has grown within the 40 foot ring and the phenomenon is thus far unexplained. A United States Geological Survey team could uncover no scientific explanation for the lack of growth within the ring.

Stories about the ring are well known in local communities. These include the disappearance of objects left within the ring overnight, and strange events occurring to those brave enough to spend the night within its boundaries.

Legend says that this is the very place the devil himself can rise from the depths of fiery hell, and come to earth. It's at this place, the devil walks in circles on certain nights and brings his evil into this world.

Hunters who have had rabbit hounds in the area say that dogs refuse to enter or cross the area of the Devils Tramping Ground. Men on horseback say that horses react the same way. They refuse to cross or go in the area of the Devils Tramping Ground.

Over the years paranormal investigators have been to the area of the Devils Tramping Ground many times but have never been able to prove what it is or is not. It is a known historical fact that vegetation will not grow there. Scientists from the US Geological Survey team have been to the area to find out why nothing will grow there but they could not find any reason for the absence of vegetation in the area of the Devils Tramping Ground.

Stories about the Devils Tramping Ground are well known in the area and its said you can carry and place a large rock in the center of the path there and in the morning it will be moved over out of the way. The area is also said to frighten some people and they refuse to go any where near the area.

John William Harden (1903-1985) of Greensboro, N.C., journalist, newspaper editor, author, advisor to North Carolina governors and textile executives, and founder of the state's first full-service public relations company had this to say of the 'Devil's Tramping Ground:'

There, sometimes during the dark of night, the Majesty of the Underworld of Evil silently tramps around that bare circle-- thinking, plotting, and planning against good, and in behalf of wrong.

Information - North Carolina Museum of History

There’s a piece of land 10 miles east of Siler City, in western Chatham County, that’s as creepy as they come. It’s a perfect circle, 40 feet across, lying just off the highway. Nothing grows inside the circle. Dogs and wildlife won’t step inside it, and birds won’t land in it. There aren’t even any rocks or sticks within this unnatural ring. It’s called the Devil’s Tramping Ground.

Early settlers in Chatham County first saw the circle in the 1770s. Since that time some people have planted grass and vegetable seeds in its soil, but nothing has ever come up. Others have put objects inside the circle only to find them gone the next morning. A few brave folks have tried to spend the night in the circle, but something—a noise, a moving object, or a ghostly shape—has scared them away.

What caused this eerie ring on the ground? Over the years stories and legends have grown up about it. An American Indian legend says that generations of Indians danced in the circle at celebrations. The Great Spirit now protects the spot to honor members of the tribe who were driven from their lands by European settlers. Another Indian legend says that Chief Croatan, a great tribal leader, was killed in the circle during a battle and is buried there. The Great Spirit keeps the circle empty to honor him.

One story about the circle is really out of this world. It says that visitors from outer space landed there in a UFO! Another story says that magic treasure is buried deep in the ground. But the best-known legend also explains the name of the circle.

According to this legend, every night the devil walks around in circles thinking up evil plans. At the first light of day, he turns into a bat and flies off to carry out his plans. His tramping throughout the night leaves the ground bare and grim. Some people think that a farmer who owned the land where the circle lies made up this story to keep hunters off his property. Even if this is true, it doesn’t explain the mystery.

There are also believable explanations. One explanation says that the circle is on the site of a molasses mill that used horses or mules to pull the mill wheel. It was their hooves that damaged the ground. Yet other mills at that time didn’t leave such circles.

Scientists finally stepped in to solve the mystery. They found that the soil in the circle has a high level of salt. And they know that the spot was an ancient salt lick for bison and deer. This explains why nothing will grow there, but it doesn’t explain why the area is a perfect circle or why it has lasted so long.

NOTE: I vaguely remember visiting this place back in the 1960's during a family trip. I really don't know that much about it but my relatives who lived near there swear something is going on, ex. disembodied voices, strange lights and apparitions...Lon

The Devil's Tramping Ground - Chatham County, N.C.

Sources:
hubpages.com
en.wikipedia.org
ncmuseumofhistory.org
http://www.visitnc.com
http://www.welcometonc.com

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 am
GT Truther

Quote:

UFO picks up Laconia, NH car with teens and drops 180 feet away

http://www.examiner.com/x-2363-UFO-Exam ... -Examiner#

Two New Hampshire teenagers sitting in a parked car were approached by a black-colored UFO in Laconia on March 20, 2010, lifted into the air and then dropped back onto pavement 180 feet away, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database.

MUFON New England State Director Steve Firmani confirmed his investigation of the case today by telephone and said witness interviews had been completed.

The 18-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy both offer testimony about their encounter.

The two used the girl's mother's car and went to a Laconia destination that has not been released.

"We were just sitting there and I looked up at the moon," the female witness stated. "I saw this weird black-shaped object. And then, I said to my boyfriend, 'What was that?'”

Both accounts describe the same events. They saw an object coming toward them from the sky and began to panic. When they attempted to drive away, the car they were operating was lifted up off the ground. Both describe an odd smell during the incident.

When the car hit the pavement 180 feet away, the windshield cracked and the air bags deployed.

Photo: Asphalt impact area. MUFON image.

Firmani said there was no damage to the body of the car, but that there was about $5,000 damage to the underside of the car.

The male witness descibed the UFO.

"I don’t know how to explain this but it turns into a ball when it wants to slow down and move around quickly and when it wants to go fast, straight, it turns into a flat plate with maze box-shaped lined lights. These were on all the time."

He describes attempting to drive away.

"The front end got picked up and the car could not move. We steered left and right but the car just kept on going up into the air."

When the car hit the ground, they drove quickly away to the girl's home where her mother called the police.

Firmani said there were three-inch divets in the curbing at the impact point where the car hit the ground. He said further study would be made to the under carriage body parts, which MUFON has retained from the body shop.

Laconia is a city in Belknap County, New Hampshire, population 16,411,

This case was originally reported to Peter Davenport at the National UFO Reporting Center. Davenport referred the case to Firmani. The following is the witness testimony from this case.

NH, March 20, 2010 - 2 Witness Accounts (Credit: Peter Davenport - NUFORC). MUFON Case # 22880.

“My name is E and I’m eighteen years old. I live in Laconia. Last Saturday night, my boyfriend D came up to see me and we went out. When we got to (edited), in Laconia, we parked in the back in the separate parking lot. We turned off the car and it was totally silent.

Photo: Asphalt impact area and tire marks in the grass. MUFON image.

We were just sitting there and I looked up at the moon. I saw this weird black-shaped object. And then, I said to my boyfriend, “What was that?”

He looked up at it and he said, ”If it gets any closer, we need to leave.”

I kept staring at the moon to see if it was just a plane or something. It moved back across the moon. It was huge and it looked like it was zig-zagging or changing shape. I couldn’t tell.

He said, “I think it’s coming closer.” It flew so fast over the trees getting closer to where we were. It felt like it was zeroing in on us. It blocked the moon. And then, we started panicking and driving away.

I thought were were going to hit the Bingo building. We turned left but it felt like we went off of a jump – you know that feeling? like we were on a rollercoaster? And we were in the air. I was trying to pay attention to everything that was going on but it felt like I couldn’t. When I looked up, everything was black. The smell was not nice but it was like something you could stand. It was an odor I’ve never smelled before. I heard absolutely nothing – it was silent. I felt immobilized like I had no control over what I was doing or over my body. I could see nothing. It was like opening your eyes in a pitch black room.

I felt really nervous and scared. I don’t remember crying or screaming. I held on to the center console because I felt like I was lifted. I was holding on so tight that my thumbprint is imprinted on the center console.

And then, when I finally realized what was happening, I was so close to the windshield that my body was going forward with my arms behind me. Everything was black. I heard a loud noise like a horn. Once. And then, the car just dropped.

I hit my eye on the dashboard and the airbags came out. I couldn’t believe what had just happened. I held my face and I looked over at my boyfriend. I saw that his left arm had blood. I said, “Are you OK?” I looked at the windshield and it was cracked, totally, but only on the passenger side.

I could see D but I couldn’t see anything outside. The only thing that made the car drop was the sound of the loud horn. When the car dropped, there was a loud boom. After that, we just drove so fast out of there. The smell went away after we drove away. And I started crying. And I said, “What the h—l just happened?” My boyfriend said, “I don’t know, I don’t know.” I didn’t feel like they were following us.

When we got home, my Mom said that she could hear me from the outside while I was freaking out. I couldn’t stop crying. My Mom said, “Calm down and tell me what happened.” I said, “You’re never going to believe me.” “Is it my car?” she asked.

And I said, “Let me explain,” because I felt that if I didn’t explain it fast enough, it was just going to go away from my mind.

At about 12:15 am, a cop arrived. I told him what had happened while I was sitting down at the dinner table. My boyfriend was sitting next to me – it was then that I noticed that there was no more blood on his arm or his clothing. The cop didn’t believe me at first until he finished looking at the car. He told my Mom that there was no reason for the air bags to come out because nothing else on the car was damaged. He didn’t check underneath the car but we found out later that the underside was totaled. The cop said that he was going to the place where we had been.

I just felt thankful that we’d gotten out of there. But I couldn’t stop crying for more than 2 hours afterwards. My Mom said, “You should go take a shower and get the airbag dust off of you.” But I didn’t want to be alone at all. I felt lucky. And there were no scratches or anything anywhere on my body.

The first night, my dream was that I was a little girl, maybe 6 or 7 years old, in an Elementary School classroom. I was looking at myself as a little girl. And then it was like the teacher called me up and I couldn’t talk or say anything - but everybody else seemed to say something for me. Like everything I wanted to say, everybody else was saying it except for me. They were saying exactly what I wanted say. I have never had a dream like this before – where I am a little girl and see anything about the past. I did not feel right at all.

I am better now. I still worry about seeing this thing again and I pay attention to the sky at night. I really don’t go out at night, anymore, because I’m scared. “

2nd Witness Account:

My name is D. I am sixteen years old and I live in New Hampshire. Last Saturday night I went out with my girlfriend, who lives in Laconia, when we had the following experience:

I was with her around 11. We wanted to take her Mom’s car because it was nicer and we wanted to go look at the stars. We went to (edited) at the back parking lot in Laconia. There were 8 cars already there when we arrived. Little by little, the cars started leaving one by one. We were the last car in the parking lot. Then the lights of the parking lot and the lights of the houses around us and the lights of the houses down the street started to go out one by one.

Then my girlfriend noticed something blocking the moon and asked, "What was that?" I knew it wasn’t a cloud because it moved back against the wind and blocked the moon again. I don’t know how to explain this but it turns into a ball when it wants to slow down and move around quickly and when it wants to go fast, straight, it turns into a flat plate with maze box-shaped lined lights. These were on all the time.

The colors were dim yellowish white and did not change. I cannot tell whether these were part of the bottom or not. It flipped a lot. I did not know which side was right or up on it. It was doing this over the trees across the street from the parking lot. It suddenly crossed the street towards our car. Its size was as big as 14 houses. It was really quiet. That’s when we had to leave. But I did not have time to turn on the headlights.

We put the clutch in to start the car and jammed it into 1st and floored it. The front end got picked up and the car could not move. We steered left and right but the car just kept on going up into the air. My girlfriend was scared and she had boogers coming out of her nose while I was cursing. The car was going up and the back wheels were off of the ground. Then I looked out of my window and saw that the parking lot park lines started getting smaller. Both our windows were down this whole time. The front windshield started to crack and shake and the cracks spread from the passenger side to the driver’s side. It popped outwards like it was pulled out.

Something yanked my wrist. Not aggressively. And the whole time in my head something was telling me “Don’t panic,” or “Don’t be scared.” And it wasn’t in English in my head but I got the meaning. It wasn’t a language – I don’t know how to explain it. And on my girlfriend’s side, it had her half-way out of the window. Her butt was off of her seat, maybe one-and-a-half or two feet? and the car was pointed almost completely straight up at the stars – yet I saw no stars.

Every time I tried looking at it, in front, a white film went over my eyes. It was kind of like staring at the sun with your eyelids closed. I could not hear her screaming but I know that she was screaming. My ears felt like they kept on popping from the altitude. I couldn’t hear. The smell was like unbearable, like you want to close your nose. It was spicy, like pepper-sprayish, and clean at the same time – it was a smell that you could stand but you would close your nostrils because it still smells bad.

When I tried to fight and get my wrist back in the car, that’s when the grip got stronger. It was pulling my left arm up out of the window – there was no pain but it was strong – …. I was trying to fight off the grip on my wrist. My tongue was numb. The horn beeped by accident and the grip got a little loose. It beeped again in the struggle and my arm flopped down in the car. My girlfriend also fell back in her seat and we realized we were still up in the air. !

It took 2 seconds for the car to drop. When we dropped, the air bags came out. We floored it as fast as we could through the town. It was almost a straightaway to go to my girlfriend’s house with very few turns to take. During this time, both of us couldn’t stop crying. We arrived at her house and her Mom asked, “What happened?” All this took place from 11pm to 12:30 am. It seemed like we were in the air for 10 minutes and it felt like it was forever. Her Mom called the police, and a policeman came.

The policeman did not believe us when we first told him what had happened until he looked at the vehicle. There were no scratches or dents or anything. He said that there was no reason for this to have happened to the car when there are no dents or scratches and no reason for the windshield to shatter and pop out the way it did. He had no explanation for why the windshield popped outwards. Also, when I went to open my cell phone in front of the policemen, I got shocked by it.

On Monday, I went to my doctor to get a whole physical to make sure I was OK. My wrist had a puncture wound while my forearm has a cut that is semi-circular and there’s blood on it. I do remember that when I first looked at my arm after I got it back in the car, it was red with blood. But by the time we got to my girlfriend’s house, there was no blood anywhere. On the center consul of the car, there is an imprint of her hand. I don’t quite understand what the policeman said but it was something about the skin of her hand leaving an impression.

Now, I don’t like to feel bumps in the car, or feel anything that trembles like a boombox. I don’t want to be out in dark areas at night. I also don’t like to walk out to my Mom’s car, anymore, outside. “

http://hometownparanormal.com/

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:46 am
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
All I can Say is WOW!

What cool imagery SDO is producing. I was truly mesmerised....

This will surely be a show to follow:

If our sun were 1% bigger than it is.. It would have burned itself out millions of years ago. If it were 1% smaller it would not support life on planet earth. Our planets rotation is slowing. If it were spinning just a little faster... say the days were 22 hours, tornados and winds over 100 mph would be common all over the world. If it were 26 hours, the nights would be too cold and the days would be to hot to support life. It is a blessing that we just happen to be in the right socket at the right time.

In support of the sun it has been recently discovered that the 1 Billion Trillion Stars support Nuclear reactions in the universe. If it were 1% more or 1% less the starts would either be to large or too small to support life. Being the Universion only has 6% of spirals galaxies in its make up. Of those 6% we just happen to be 2/3rd's the way out from the massive black hole at the center. Had we been on the outer edge or inner 1/3 the right amounts of minerals and life creating molecules would not be on the planets in solar systems as described.

My children used to measure my love for them by the amount of toys I gave them. They used to compare the love of other mothers and fathers as to how much love they had by the gifts they were given. When were you given the gift of 1 billion trillion stars by a creator who thought so much of you and I that he hung this earth in its socket in the right place in the solar system and the right place in the galaxy and in the right place in the universe. Nothing is by accident.

Thank you for the inspiration and the pictures.. !

:candle :candle :candle :candle !!!

boundaries to it..

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:50 am
GT Truther

Thursday, April 22, 2010
From Aileen:
NUFORC Reports: Frightening UFO Encounter - Laconia, NH

The following are two NUFORC witness sighting reports submitted by friends in New Hampshire who had the same encounter together. Granted, these witnesses may be attempting to generate a hoax in order to cover up something else but, I'm willing to give these sightings consideration and the benefit of the doubt until I find out otherwise...Lon

Occurred : 3/20/2010 23:00 (Entered as : 3/20/10 23:00)
Reported: 3/25/2010 6:37:05 PM 18:37
Posted: 4/13/2010
Shape: Changing
Duration:1hr 30 min.

UFO Sighting in Laconia

FROM THE BOYFRIEND

My name is D. I am sixteen years old and I live in New Hampshire. Last Saturday night I went out with my girlfriend, who lives in Laconia, when we had the following experience: I was with her around 11. We wanted to take her Mom’s car because it was nicer and we wanted to go look at the stars. We went to Fun Spot at the back parking lot in Laconia. There were 8 cars already there when we arrived. Little by little, the cars started leaving one by one. We were the last car in the parking lot. Then the lights of the parking lot and the lights of the houses around us and the lights of the houses down the street started to go out one by one. Then my girlfriend noticed something blocking the moon and asked, "What was that?" I knew it wasn’t a cloud because it moved back against the wind and blocked the moon again. I don’t know how to explain this but it turns into a ball when it wants to slow down and move around quickly and when it wants to go fast, straight, it turns into a flat plate with maze box-shaped lined lights. These were on all the time. The colors were dim yellowish white and did not change. I cannot tell whether these were part of the bottom or not. It flipped a lot. I did not know which side was right or up on it. It was doing this over the trees across the street from the parking lot. It suddenly crossed the street towards our car. Its size was as big as 14 houses. It was really quiet. That’s when we had to leave. But I did not have time to turn on the headlights.

We put the clutch in to start the car and jammed it into 1st and floored it. The front end got picked up and the car could not move. We steered left and right but the car just kept on going up into the air. My girlfriend was scared and she had boogers coming out of her nose while I was cursing. The car was going up and the back wheels were off of the ground. Then I looked out of my window and saw that the parking lot park lines started getting smaller. Both our windows were down this whole time. The front windshield started to crack and shake and the cracks spread from the passenger side to the driver’s side. It popped outwards like it was pulled out.

Something yanked my wrist. Not aggressively. And the whole time in my head something was telling me “Don’t panic,” or “Don’t be scared.” And it wasn’t in English in my head but I got the meaning. It wasn’t a language – I don’t know how to explain it. And on my girlfriend’s side, it had her half-way out of the window. Her butt was off of her seat, maybe one-and-a-half or two feet? and the car was pointed almost completely straight up at the stars – yet I saw no stars.

Every time I tried looking at it, in front, a white film went over my eyes. It was kind of like staring at the sun with your eyelids closed. I could not hear her screaming but I know that she was screaming. My ears felt like they kept on popping from the altitude. I couldn’t hear. The smell was like unbearable, like you want to close your nose. It was spicy, like pepper-sprayish, and clean at the same time – it was a smell that you could stand but you would close your nostrils because it still smells bad. When I tried to fight and get my wrist back in the car, that’s when the grip got stronger. It was pulling my left arm up out of the window – there was no pain but it was strong – …. I was trying to fight off the grip on my wrist. My tongue was numb. The horn beeped by accident and the grip got a little loose. It beeped again in the struggle and my arm flopped down in the car. My girlfriend also fell back in her seat and we realized we were still up in the air. ! It took 2 seconds for the car to drop. When we dropped, the air bags came out. We floored it as fast as we could through the town. It was almost a straightaway to go to my girlfriend’s house with very few turns to take. During this time, both of us couldn’t stop crying. We arrived at her house and her Mom asked, “What happened?” All this took place from 11pm to 12:30 am. It seemed like we were in the air for 10 minutes and it felt like it was forever. Her Mom called the police, and a policeman came.

The policeman did not believe us when we first told him what had happened until he looked at the vehicle. There were no scratches or dents or anything. He said that there was no reason for this to have happened to the car when there are no dents or scratches and no reason for the windshield to shatter and pop out the way it did. He had no explanation for why the windshield popped outwards. Also, when I went to open my cell phone in front of the policemen, I got shocked by it.

On Monday, I went to my doctor to get a whole physical to make sure I was OK. My wrist had a puncture wound while my forearm has a cut that is semi-circular and there’s blood on it. I do remember that when I first looked at my arm after I got it back in the car, it was red with blood. But by the time we got to my girlfriend’s house, there was no blood anywhere. On the center consul of the car, there is an imprint of her hand. I don’t quite understand what the policeman said but it was something about the skin of her hand leaving an impression.

Now, I don’t like to feel bumps in the car, or feel anything that trembles like a boombox. I don’t want to be out in dark areas at night. I also don’t like to walk out to my Mom’s car, anymore, outside. “

FROM THE GIRLFRIEND

Occurred : 3/20/2010 23:00 (Entered as : 3/20/10 23:00)
Reported: 3/25/2010 7:00:26 PM 19:00
Posted: 4/13/2010
Shape: Changing
Duration:1hr and 30 min.

UFO Sighting in Laconia

“My name is E and I’m eighteen years old. I live in Laconia. Last Saturday night, my boyfriend D came up to see me and we went out. When we got to Fun Spot, in Laconia, we parked in the back in the separate parking lot. We turned off the car and it was totally silent. We were just sitting there and I looked up at the moon. I saw this weird black-shaped object. And then, I said to my boyfriend, “What is that?” He looked up at it and he said, ”If it gets any closer, we need to leave.” I kept staring at the moon to see if it was just a plane or something. It moved back across the moon. It was huge and it looked like it was zig-zagging or changing shape. I couldn’t tell. He said, “I think it’s coming closer.” It flew so fast over the trees getting closer to where we were. It felt like it was zeroing in on us. It blocked the moon. And then, we started panicking and driving away. I thought we were going to hit the Bingo building. We turned left but it felt like we went off of a jump – you know that feeling? like we were on a rollercoaster? And we were in the air. I was trying to pay attention to everything that was going on but it felt like I couldn’t. When I looked up, everything was black. The smell was not nice but it was like something you could stand. It was an odor I’ve never smelled before. I heard absolutely nothing – it was silent. I felt immobilized like I had no control over what I was doing or over my body. I could see nothing. It was like opening your eyes in a pitch black room.

I felt really nervous and scared. I don’t remember crying or screaming. I held on to the center console because I felt like I was lifted. I was holding on so tight that my thumbprint is imprinted on the center console. And then, when I finally realized what was happening, I was so close to the windshield that my body was going forward with my arms behind me. Everything was black. I heard a loud noise like a horn. Once. And then, the car just dropped. I hit my eye on the dashboard and the airbags came out. I couldn’t believe what had just happened. I held my face and I looked over at my boyfriend. I saw that his left arm had blood. I said, “Are you OK?” I looked at the windshield and it was cracked, totally, but only on the passenger side. I could see D but I couldn’t see anything outside. The only thing that made the car drop was the sound of the loud horn. When the car dropped, there was a loud boom. After that, we just drove so fast out of there. The smell went away after we drove away. And I started crying. And I said, “What the h—l just happened?” My boyfriend said, “I don’t know, I don’t know.” I didn’t feel like they were following us.

When we got home, my Mom said that she could hear me from the outside while I was freaking out. I couldn’t stop crying. My Mom said, “Calm down and tell me what happened.” I said, “You’re never going to believe me.” “Is it my car?” she asked.

And I said, “Let me explain,” because I felt that if I didn’t explain it fast enough, it was just going to go away from my mind. At about 12:15 am, a cop arrived. I told him what had happened while I was sitting down at the dinner table. My boyfriend was sitting next to me – it was then that I noticed that there was no more blood on his arm or his clothing. The cop didn’t believe me at first until he finished looking at the car. He told my Mom that there was no reason for the air bags to come out because nothing else on the car was damaged. He didn’t check underneath the car but we found out later that the underside was totaled. The cop said that he was going to the place where we had been.

I just felt thankful that we’d gotten out of there. But I couldn’t stop crying for more than 2 hours afterwards. My Mom said, “You should go take a shower and get the airbag dust off of you.” But I didn’t want to be alone at all. I felt lucky. And there were no scratches or anything anywhere on my body.

The first night, my dream was that I was a little girl, maybe 6 or 7 years old, in an Elementary School classroom. I was looking at myself as a little girl. And then it was like the teacher called me up and I couldn’t talk or say anything - but everybody else seemed to say something for me. Like everything I wanted to say, everybody else was saying it except for me. They were saying exactly what I wanted say. I have never had a dream like this before – where I am a little girl and see anything about the past. I did not feel right at all.

I am better now. I still worry about seeing this thing again and I pay attention to the sky at night. I really don’t go out at night, anymore, because I’m scared. “

UPDATE: someone on the ATS forum contacted the Laconia, NH police and received the following response:

Officer Batstone responded 03-21-10 at 0017 hrs., to take the report from the 18 and 16 year old and look at the vehicle that was damaged. The incident they reported occurred at the Opechee Park, which is no where near Fun Spot as they report to you.

According to the ATS post, Opechee Park is 0.8 miles away from the Fun Spot. Not a great distance, but obviously the "incident" reported was different than the incident submitted to NUFORC.

Honestly, I think these kids were hesitant to tell the police that they parked in the Fun Spot for some reason, so the police report states Opechee Park. BTW, the Fun Spot is a huge place and (from what I gathered online) the parking area is immense.

However the time of 0017 hours (1:17am) on March 21st does correspond correctly in both reports.

This proves there was indeed an incident, that a vehicle was damaged and that an officer was called to the scene.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am
GT Truther

Totally believe the NH UFO picking up a car story.

Yet like to add.. Aliens don't like necking teens! :) The Ultimate teenage birth control.. lordy! ROTF

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:32 am
GT Truther

Hi folks,

Quote:
p.s. Kudos to your friend, Bluebonnet, who said that "Being prepared means preparing your mind". (Or was that you, Simon?) I'll go back and check later.....the point is that it's not so much how many tins of tuna or jars of peanut butter you have, but the mental preparation that you've put yourself through.

Dondep, I said this, which might be what you meant?...
Another well known expression reminds us that the only thing in life over which we always have complete control, no matter what else is happening, is our attitude. I choose to be informed, I choose to be emotionally prepared for some horrific events, and in the face of it all I choose to be serene and friendly.

Quote:
The worst part Pat said is not knowing where you're going to sleep from night to night. She would have like'd to travel to France, I suggested it, but she said all the trains were booked.

Dex, Hopefully Pat has made it back home by now.

Now that the aircraft are back in the skies the talk is one of airlines wanting compensation. The potential is there for a very long and acrimonious court battle between them and whoever it is they decide is ultimately culpable for what they / many other people see to have been the over-long and over-protective closure of air space. However... today the RAF (Royal Air Force) cancelled some training missions because of volcanic ash found in an aircraft's engine. So, could another closure be imminent?

I am very much aware of recent events, and also recall reading some prophecies a few months ago which talked of something unknown to do with the clouds resulting in aircraft falling out of the sky. The story is not over - I just hope it only involves courts of law, and not body bags. :popcorn

Quote:
Simon thank you so much for your observations and keen insight. Thanks for schooling a Yank about the prevailing attitudes about prepping as well.

Didn't mean to snark at you. Just snarking at main stream media and some whiney butt folks. :roll

Hmmmm - sounds like so many people I know before Hurricanes Ike and Rita. "It will never happen here" is no longer said around my part of the US.

Folks are much more conscious about preparedness in general now. Spend even a few hours with no water/food and the lesson comes home in spades.

Sadly, I must agree that we are for a number of geophysical events - not to mention weather-related events before it is all said and done.

For those of you new to prepping or who need a gentle reminder, we have a wonderful prep thread here:

viewforum.php?f=19

Unlike some, I am not prepped for the end of the world because I don't think it is possible to fully prepare for a disaster of that magnitude. But that is just my humble opinion.

I am, however, prepared for 2 - 4 months without water, food, electricty, medical care, etc.

If you have never prepped before, I would urge you to prep for 72 hours as a start. Find an old duffel bag and fill it with nonperishable food, water, flashlight and batteries, can opener, small radio, first aid kit, etc. Put it in a closet in your home/apartment and clean it out once a year. It is money and time well spent.

You don't have to buy all of this at once simply add a can of soup to your regular grocery list. Next week add a can of fruit; the next a can of beans or Spam. Slowly work your way through foods that you will eat. Don't waste your money on stuff you will nevah, evah in a million years eat. Trust me on this one. The middle of a disaster is no time to try smoked oysters if you've never eaten them before. :roll :lol

Simon - please keep us updated on events in your part of the world. :wavey

Bluebonnet, no worries about the snarking.

Yes, I think it needs people to have gone without for them to truly appreciate the need for prepping. Well, at least for most people - earlier this evening I was speaking with someone who was telling me what he'd read in the newspaper about the larger Icelandic volcano (Katla) and what happened when it last erupted. I'd actually read the same newspaper article as him but he seemed to be determined to get it off his chest, so I let him tell me again. Anyway, he continued by suggesting that if it caused food shortages in the past then it could do so again, and asked my opinion on storing some food 'just in case'. He added that he'd already broached the idea with his wife, whose reply was that he was nuts, as such things just do not happen. Yes, she is an 'all-knowing' font of wisdom... and the sun shines out of her rear too :twisted . Anyway, I pointed out that discretion is important, as those who thought that a person is nuts for storing food will allways remember the conversation - and when hunger pangs are knawing will come to the front door to apologise and ask if they can have something to eat.

Like you, I suspect that the amount of food required for the entire period of upheaval will be too great. I can store some, but in a small dwelling space is an issue.

I like your suggestion about only storing things that one would normally want to eat. This explains why I'm not even looking at pickled foods, as I cannot abide all of these, even though they represent traditional ways of preserving foods.

What I will miss are the nightly visits to the fridge! :fridge

Some channelled sources suggest that we won't need to store anything, as we will either be asleep / in a special hibernation whilst Gaia rejuvenates hereself :?: - or be evacuated... hopefully the people on these ships will be 'serving man' by feeding those who they rescued - and not wanting 'to serve man' and only rescuing surface-dwelling humans because they wish to fill larders at the start of a long voyage! :( :ufo

Simon

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm
GT Truther

Is their recipe book called "How to cook Humans" or "How to cook for Humans". Any Simpsons fans here might appreciate the reference.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm
GT Truther

Really terrific photos guys and gals. Thanks you...

Dex

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:12 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next