It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:30 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.3 2010 
GT Truther

Post Re: Eat this
RESEARCH! NOT OpRes!!

Simmering Frog wrote:
Senate Bill S510 Makes it illegal to Grow, Share, Trade or Sell Homegrown Food

By Steve Green

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower

3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.” Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US” covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into” it by virtue of being produced.

Frog, have you (or any other readers that have read the explosive charges above) actually read the text of S510? When I see something like this, the first thing I do is try to verify the charges, because if there's one thing I can be certain about, it's the fact that the corporatists employ teams of "OpRes" (Serpo spelled backwards) agents who sole purpose is to discredit efforts to curb their power. "OpRes" is short-hand for "Opposition Research", and is usually used in a political context, regarding one party or candidate's effort to discredit the other side. In this case, it's the efforts of Monsanto, ConAgra, Archer/Daniels/Midland, etc, to cast a law that would curb their power in a bad light, even going so far as to have their agents bad-mouth them and call them evil incarnate! Yes, the very people who peddle the exaggerations are the very corporate powers that are the cause of the problem in the first place. (That's not to excuse Mark Penn; Hillary deserved to lose if only for the fact she had such a flatulent parasite directing her campaign.)

Here's what I'm talking about; IF what is claimed is true, it would be such an outrage that even the soccer moms and NASCAR dads that grow tomatoes in their back-yards would be taking to the streets with tire irons and screaming bloody murder. Now I actually went to the text of the S510 (any reader can do the same; here's the latest version: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... l=s111-510 ).

(Even as I pasted that in, I got an update on my RSS feed about how pesticides used in agriculture are now being linked to causing ADHD.....and we wonder why the kids are freakin'!!)

You'll have to scroll down almost exactly half-way, because virtually half of the bill has been "struck out" (i.e. trashed). It's true I didn't read what was in the gobbledy-gook in the trashed portion, but I can tell you I went through the valid portions of the bill and the ONLY thing I found that could possibly be construed as 'homegrown' is the afore-mentioned "3.", which discusses 'SMUGGLED FOOD'. Here's where the corporatist agents abuse the "lunatic fringe", in that they fraudulently try to use the technical description of the US as a 'corporate entity' to conflate the definition of what constitutes "smuggling". In any event, it has absolutely no bearing at all on the actual meat of the bill, which was designed to fill the breach left by the de-regulators of the Bush era who knew that crop shortages would lead to cost-cutting and short-cuts to market otherwise sub-standard foodstuffs to the unsuspecting public.

Let me repeat that. In recent years there has been an effort to hide the fact that crop shortages are occurring and where fields might have lay fallow (untilled, to keep the price of food reasonably high enough for farming to make a profit) in the past, nowadays there are urgent efforts to disguise the extent of the problem, which results in the big agribusinesses trying to sell substandard foodstuffs, pesticiding the hell out of the crops, harvesting when early frost initiates spoilage, etc. I can't impress enough on the reader just how perilous the situation is, because the damned MSM keeps mouthing platitudes and focusing on B.S. - all in the name of preserving "domestic tranquility".

So, to return to the substance of S510, you'll note that 'smuggling' is defined in Sect. 310:

(d) Definition- In this subsection, the term ‘smuggled food’ means any food that a person introduces into the United States through fraudulent means or with the intent to defraud or mislead.

That means there must be an intent to defraud. It has NOTHING to do with the tomatoes and corn you grow on your own property for your own consumption, or to share with your neighbors. It has to do with those who would bring foodstuffs surreptiously over the territorial border (face it, dragging in the "corporate entity" instead of national boundaries is a fallacious argument put forward by these corporatist OpRes agents masquerading as 'truthseekers') intending to sell them to unsuspecting customers by intentionally misleading them about the quality and safety of the product.

In essence, this bill is designed to hold agribusiness accountable by having THEM pay for the regulating bodies that are unfortunately necessary to police them. (NOT the 'average taxpayer', which was the position Monsanto and ConAgra took; if they had their way and were forced to accept some form of additional regulation, at least they didn't feel they should have to PAY for those policemen - which are an irritant at best to them.)

I hope this helps, but if you can actually find any relevant portions of S510 that specifically spell out I can't grow vegetables on my own property to eat and share with my neighbors, I'll be happy to stand corrected. In the meantime, I plan on writing to this Dr. Chopra, who should know better; Canada wouldn't even let us sell eggs from our B&B farm at a roadside stand unless we had them inspected by a commissioner first. They're ones to talk.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed May 19, 2010 11:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Truth Seeker

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3

- UFO fleet sails past Space Station - why isnt this on mainstream tv?

Wed May 19, 2010 11:09 pm
GT Truther

Aaron McCollum | MILABS—Military Abduction
Source: blogtalkradio.com

13 May 2010—Interview with Aaron McCollum on Blog Talk Radio.

download mp3

Thu May 20, 2010 12:07 am
GT Truther

Former Canadian Defense Secretary Paul Hellyer interviewed by Paola Harris

19. Mai 2010 — Former Canadian Defense Secretary Paul Hellyer is interviewed by Paola Harris about the world financial system and the UFO cover-up. Shot and produced by James Carman

Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 am
GT Truther

Rudd slams opposition plans to scrap NBN
Thursday, May 20, 2010 » 04:41am

The PM says the opposition's plans to scrap the national broadband network will drag Australia backwards.

The opposition's plans to scrap the national broadband network will drag Australia 'back to a horse and cart past', Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says.

In his budget reply speech last week, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott said the coalition would scrap the national broadband network (NBN) if elected.

The building of the NBN has already begun in Tasmania, with Smithton, Scottsdale and Midway Point to be connected to the high-speed network from July.

Primus announced its pricing for broadband plans in the three towns on Wednesday.

The Tasmanian Liberals have defied Mr Abbott and have thrown their support behind the federal government's plan.

At a community cabinet meeting in Burnie, in northwest Tasmania, Mr Rudd said the NBN was a critical infrastructure program.

'Broadband here in Australia, frankly, is backward and overpriced,' he told the meeting on Wednesday.

'It's slower and it's more expensive than what is available in most competitor economies.

'We are in grave danger of being left behind ... (but) we have a chance to actually leapfrog the rest of the world.'

Mr Rudd said the opposition's threats to scrap the NBN would be disastrous for the country.

'It seems that Mr Abbott has a different view, which is to drag us back to a horse and cart past,' he said.

Communications Minister Stephen Conroy said the NBN would benefit Tasmania in particular.

'In Tasmania, you have had the slowest and most expensive broadband anywhere in Australia,' he told the meeting.

'One of the reasons we decided to start here in Tasmania was because of that.'

Thu May 20, 2010 2:26 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
DUPLICATE all i did was post it once and it said there was a new post before it so i posted again and it was this duplicate I'm sick of that happening it's weird!!!!! :headbang

Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
DUPLICATE all i did was post it once and it said there was a new post before it so i posted again and it was this duplicate I'm sick of that happening it's weird!!!!! :headbang

All that means is that someone else posted while you were typing your post.

You DO NOT have to post again when this happens

Thu May 20, 2010 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

In the spirit of Don's "Don't believe everything that you read on the Net" post I feel its only fair to post this.

Not everyone here believe's Nancy Lieder so to be fair and balanced I am posting this.

As always to each is own, carry on...

David Morrison wrote:
The Myth of Nibiru and the End of the World in 2012
Feature
David Morrison
Volume 32.5, September / October 2008
CSI is not responsible for the content of these advertisements

CSI is not responsible for the content of these advertisements
An astronomer tries to counter misinformation on the Internet about claims of a supposed rogue planet and an impending catastrophe, encountering troubling credulity, scientific illiteracy, and conspiracy thinking along the way.

Skeptical Inquirer readers may not be aware that a rogue planet on a 3,600-year orbit is about to enter the inner solar system and visit a catastrophe upon Earth. This threatening planet was discovered by the ancient Mesopotamians, who named it Nibiru. It was known also to the Mayans, who associated it with the end—December 2012—of their “long count” calendar. Although astronomers and space scientists are tracking Nibiru, this information is being kept from the public as part of a worldwide conspiracy. This official silence cannot be maintained for much longer, however, since by 2009 Nibiru will be visible to the naked eye from the southern hemisphere, and already Earth’s axis is tilting, changing the length of the day under its influence. As one aficionado recently wrote to me: “Why are you lying? It’s coming, and everyone knows it.”

I was introduced to this conspiracy theory in December 2007, when I began to receive questions about Nibiru submitted to NASA’s “Ask an Astrobiologist” Web site. I normally receive about a dozen questions per week from the public dealing mostly with life in the universe, but sometimes they include UFOs and visiting aliens. Nibiru seemed different, since it was claimed to be an actual planet that was being tracked by astronomers but hidden from the public. Knowing that the astronomers of the world, both professional and amateur, are a free-spirited group who couldn’t keep a secret even if ordered to, I assumed that Nibiru was the sort of Internet rumor that would quickly pass.

However, I also remembered that Nibiru had briefly been prominent among conspiracy buffs in 2003, when there was a similar rumor of the coming destruction of our civilization. The source of this information was a specific warning said to have been sent to the people of Earth by an advanced alien civilization on a planet orbiting the star Zeta Reticuli. A woman named Nancy Lieder claimed to be channeling this information from the Zetans, who warned that a worldwide cataclysm would strike the Earth in May 2003. Phil Plait described this situation in detail on his “Badastronomy” Web site. As it turned out, May 2003 passed with no pole shift or other cataclysms, so I figured that would end the Nibiru interest. Yet here it was again, the same story recycled with an end-of-the-world date reset to December 2012.

In the six months since I first mentioned Nibiru on my Web site, this topic has threatened to take over “Ask an Astrobiologist.” I now receive at least one question per day ranging from anguished (“I can’t sleep; I am really scared; I don’t want to die”) to the abusive (“Why are you lying; you are putting my family at risk; if NASA denies it then it must be true”).

This article is based on more than one hundred questions submitted in the first four months of 2008, only a few of which were actually answered online. Except for some condensing, I’ve left the questioners’ text as it was originally submitted.

For more in depth information please visit the below link, some of the questions are pretty funny....

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/myth_of_n ... d_in_2012/

Thu May 20, 2010 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Helvetic wrote:
Former Canadian Defense Secretary Paul Hellyer interviewed by Paola Harris

19. Mai 2010 — Former Canadian Defense Secretary Paul Hellyer is interviewed by Paola Harris about the world financial system and the UFO cover-up. Shot and produced by James Carman

Thanks for posting this Helvetic I was actually at the U of T when Paul first came to the publics eye :clap :clap

Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
In essence, this bill is designed to hold agribusiness accountable by having THEM pay for the regulating bodies that are unfortunately necessary to police them. (NOT the 'average taxpayer', which was the position Monsanto and ConAgra took; if they had their way and were forced to accept some form of additional regulation, at least they didn't feel they should have to PAY for those policemen - which are an irritant at best to them.)

I hope this helps, but if you can actually find any relevant portions of S510 that specifically spell out I can't grow vegetables on my own property to eat and share with my neighbors, I'll be happy to stand corrected. In the meantime, I plan on writing to this Dr. Chopra, who should know better; Canada wouldn't even let us sell eggs from our B&B farm at a roadside stand unless we had them inspected by a commissioner first. They're ones to talk.

Hope this helps!

S. 510 Food Safety Modernization Act
Healthy Local Foods Amendment – Sen. Jon Tester

The U.S. Senate is about to pass sweeping legislation providing Food and Drug Administration oversight over local processors processing local product for local markets, and small, direct market food producers offering fresh, wholesome local foods for farmers markets.

Sen. Jon Tester is offering an amendment that would remove these vital local food growers and processors from federal oversight, leaving them –as they currently are – within the existing regulatory framework of state and local health and sanitation laws and rules.

All of the well-publicized incidents of contamination in recent years – whether in spinach, peppers, or peanuts – occurred in industrialized food supply chains that span national and even international boundaries. The food safety problems in this system can and should be addressed without harming the local food systems that provide an alternative for consumers.

The growing trend toward healthy, fresh, locally sourced vegetables, fruit, dairy, and value-added products improves food safety by providing the opportunity for consumers to know their farmers and processors, to choose products on the basis of that relationship, and to readily trace any problems should they occur.

Farmers and processors who sell directly to consumers and end users have a direct relationship with their customers that ensures quality, safety, transparency and accountability. In addition, small-scale food producers are already regulated by local and state authorities, and the potential risk their products pose is inherently limited by their size. For these farmers and processors, new federal requirements are unnecessary and would simply harm both the food producers and their consumers.

Questions and Answers
Q: Why shouldn’t small Farmers Market vendors have to comply with the same regulations as larger farmers who sell to Dole or Del Monte or other large food processors?

A: When produce is sold to large companies in a long industrial food chain, it is commingled with produce from many farms and changes hands as it is distributed, transported, stored, and marketed across long supply chains covering on average 1,500 miles and dozens of states. The commingling, processing, storage, and transport times all increase the risk posed by these products, in addition to the much larger number of people consuming such foods. In contrast, farmers market vendors sell small quantities of their products directly to consumers very shortly after harvest, making their products lower risk.

In addition, even with the proposed exemption to S. 510, farmers market vendors still must comply with the rules set forth by the market managers, state and local health officials. They also deal directly with their customers, who do not have to wonder where the product they are purchasing came from – so there is inherent transparency and traceability in Farmers Market transactions.

It is overreaching and inappropriate for the federal government to insert itself into this simple local business transaction. Even if the worst case scenario were to unfold, in which a dangerous food borne pathogen were to contaminate the product sold in a farmers market, it is well within the capacity of local and state health officials to remedy the situation and address the problem.

Q: Doesn’t S. 510 provide numerous provisions to protect small businesses from complex, expensive, burdensome and inappropriate regulations?

A: In Sec. 103, “Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls”, the Secretary of Health and Human Services may exercise flexibility when developing the rules under this section of the Act. However, Sec. 103 contains a long list of highly prescriptive and specific requirements that contradict the “flexibility.”

The prescriptive and mandatory steps in the Act include the following:

Identify and evaluate known or reasonably foreseeable hazards; develop a written analysis of the hazards; identify and implement preventive controls; monitor the effectiveness of the preventive controls; establish procedures that a facility will implement if the preventive controls are found to be ineffective; verify that the preventive controls are adequate and the owner operator is conducting monitoring and is making appropriate corrective actions and that the preventive controls implemented are effectively and significantly minimizing or preventing the occurrence of identified hazards including the use of environmental and product testing and that there is documented, periodic reanalysis of the plan to ensure that it is still relevant; maintain for not less than 2 years records documenting the monitoring of the preventive controls, instances of nonconformance, testing results and other verification and corrective actions; prepare a written plan that documents and describes the procedures used by the facility to comply with the measurements of this section; and conduct a reanalysis whenever a significant change is made in the activities conducted at a facility or every 3 years whichever is earlier.

In Sec. 105, “Standards for Produce Safety,” new FDA rules clearly apply to all produce sold in the United States, including the produce marketed directly to consumers by small farmers and gardeners in farmers markets. The bill’s language says that the rules “shall provide sufficient flexibility to be applicable for small businesses and entities that sell directly to consumers and be appropriate to the scale and diversity of the production and harvesting of such commodities.” This means that the FDA will be writing rules governing the farming and harvesting practices of the small farms and gardeners who sell their products in farmers markets and local restaurants featuring fresh local produce. Again, it is well within the authority of local and state governments to address any problems that might arise from the direct market sale of produce in farmers markets or the direct farm-to-school, farm-to-restaurant or farm-to-institution programs that are increasingly being promoted and celebrated around the country.

In Sec. 204, there is language to allow farms covered by Sec. 105 to rely on their normal business records showing immediate subsequent recipients. There is also language that states that the Secretary cannot prescribe specific technologies for the maintenance of records.

Sen. Tester’s amendment is needed because it clearly defines a scale of production and marketing for farms that does not have to comply with FDA farming and harvesting rules in Sec. 105; and for facilities that does not have to meet the rigorous and specific, expensive and burdensome list mandated by Sec. 103 and the traceback and record keeping mandates of Sec. 204.

Q: Will the amendment open the doors to imports that threaten public health?
A: First, importers will not be able to qualify for the exemption for direct marketing farms because they do not sell directly to consumers. Second, with respect to the exemption for small-scale processors, the exemption only addresses Sections 103 and 204, which involve developing written plans and keeping records. These paperwork requirements are not the primary or best means for addressing contaminated imported food. For companies importing their products into the U.S., whether raw agricultural commodities or products coming from facilities, the key public health protection will be the on-site inspection and verification that the FDA can bring to bear on the facilities and farmers in other countries. For that reason, bringing thousands of small U.S. farms and small local facilities under FDA’s jurisdiction is counter productive because it diverts scarce public resources away from facilities and farms in other countries that should be inspected to ensure public health.

Q: What is a facility?
A: In the Bioterrorism Act of 2002, Congress amended the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act to broadly define a food “facility” with the objective of registering every food processor, domestic or foreign, that sells its product in the U.S. regardless of size, for national security purposes. S. 510 uses that same definition of “facility” for a completely different purpose.

Pursuant to the Bioterrorism Act, FDA adopted guidance on what is and is not a facility. The exceptions include:
Farms are not facilities, unless they are adding value to their produce, in which case they are facilities.
• Residences are not facilities. (Most state public health laws do not permit the commercial sale of products from home kitchens, however.)
•Retail food establishments are not facilities. The guidance around this exemption appears designed to establish that bakeries, delicatessens, and restaurants do not fall under the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act. The House bill incorporates part of that guidance into the statute.

There appears to be several misconceptions about what constitutes a facility. Some people have incorrectly stated that a farm that sells its value added products directly is exempt; however, the FDA’s guidance specifically states that the value-added products are only exempt if they are consumed on the farm. If the farmer leaves the farm and sells the jam or jelly at a farmers market, then his or her operation is deemed a facility.

In the period since the Bioterrorism Act was adopted in 2002, thousands of facilities have registered, but there are still thousands more who have not yet complied. In July 2009, the FDA reported the number of facilities registered by state and by country. (See http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/RegistrationofFoodFacilities/ucm175995.htm
All of these small businesses, many of them very tiny, will now be the targets of the FDA and responsible for the rigorous and expensive requirements of Sec. 103 and 204 of the Act. In the House-passed version of the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749) every one of these facilities will need to pay a $500 annual registration fee to underwrite the enforcement of this sweeping new law.

Prepared by:
Margie MacDonald Judith McGeary
Western Organization of Resource Councils Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance

http://www.cornucopia.org/FoodSafety/Tester_FoodSafetyAmendment.pdf

Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 am
GT Truther

butlincat wrote:
(video redacted for space)

- UFO fleet sails past Space Station - why isnt this on mainstream tv?

You might as well ask "Why weren't the votes allowed to be recounted in Florida in Dec. 2000? Why wasn't the footage of overflow voters in Ohio still waiting to vote when the call was made for Bush in 2004 shown? Why wasn't the Burisch Request To Admit - an actual legal document in an actual legal case - covered, when Andrea Mitchell of NBC News wanted to interview both Dan and myself? Why wasn't the French female astronaut Claudie Haigneré who screamed "Earth must be warned!" interviewed by the MSM, instead of being quickly rushed off to a mental hospital back in Dec. 2008? Why isn't footage of the huge underground bunker complexes - like the one shown in the YouTube video by that trucker - shown, or their presence even acknowledged? For that matter, why aren't the more detailed videos of the 'second sun' ever shown? Why is it that every mention of "aliens" on TV has to be followed by chuckles and snorts?"

It's because the MSM - and all popular media in general, outside of 'conspiracy' websites - is indeed tightly controlled. It's not as if they aren't aware of these things, they're just under orders not to show them, or if they do acknowledge them, to do so in a manner that slights the subject matter.

We also have the reverse effect, in which serious debunking efforts - such as the one L2L pointed out above - are used to discredit attempts to actually get at the truth behind this Coverup, in some cases going so far as to postulate the "hundreds" or even "thousands" that supposedly call in/write in/email in "panic", claiming that everything NASA says is untrue, therefore any claims that NASA decries simply must be true in their entirety. This is to keep honest truthseekers always on the defensive, leading many to put too much trust in anyone who gains any kind of traction "fighting the Power". The theory goes that if he/she is right on one subject, or one event, that they're somehow inevitably correct on everything they make a pronouncement on. (This is a hallmark of the spooks and murky insiders often featured at PC; since they have some really high-quality info they share, it's assumed that the conclusions they draw from adding that to some disinfo in their data must also be correct.)

The solution is to research as much as possible if you have any nagging questions, or if some of the material doesn't quite resonate with you. In the case of the pending poleshift, unfortunately, virtually all of the 'evidence' is circumstantial at best, because many people who have tried to "tell the world" have ended up quite dead or at least intimidated to the point they know to keep quiet. This is why I've always said that, due to the unfair advantage the PTB have in suppressing the available evidence, we have to rely more on the use of sober logic from many disciplines (not just astronomical) in order to determine the validity of the premise. One tip to consider: when a rebuttal is made at the behest of "panicking and scared humans", an alarm bell should go off in your head. Most people simply want to know the truth, even if it may sound a bit harsh. The time for panic is still a long ways off.

Just my too sense.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu May 20, 2010 9:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: Eat This
Bluebonnet wrote:

Hope this helps!

S. 510 Food Safety Modernization Act
Healthy Local Foods Amendment – Sen. Jon Tester

The U.S. Senate is about to pass sweeping legislation providing Food and Drug Administration oversight over local processors processing local product for local markets, and small, direct market food producers offering fresh, wholesome local foods for farmers markets.

Sen. Jon Tester is offering an amendment that would remove these vital local food growers and processors from federal oversight, leaving them –as they currently are – within the existing regulatory framework of state and local health and sanitation laws and rules.

http://www.cornucopia.org/FoodSafety/Tester_FoodSafetyAmendment.pdf

Thanks, bluebonnet. Yes, I personally would support this amendment, as Sen. Tester is one of the 'good guys' in my book, a 'good' Democrat and not a corporate puppet. I should correct my above post in one respect: I was reminded that the Canadian law that seemed a bit whacked was the one that allowed us to sell our jams and jellies we made at the B&B farm at a roadside stand outside our place, but wouldn't allow us to serve it to our guests!! So, if the guest wanted to enjoy some of the homegrown bounty we grew on the farm (that included potatoes, eggs, apples, blueberries, and a few other veggies), we would have to package it up, take it to the roadside stand, have the guest buy it there, bring it back in and put it on their plate themselves!!

Now, it's not a simple matter at all. Every time a law is made it's because there are a few 'bad apples' (no pun intended) that have abused the trust of the public, and therefore everyone has to pay the price by abiding by new regulations designed to keep those 'bad apples' (usually either greedy corporations or selfish criminal individuals) from preying on the public. I think the Tester amendment is a good thing, and it points up the difference between mass corporate bad-actors - who supply most of the cheap food in the supermarkets and fast-food joints - and like the article you posted above illustrates, those farmers and producers who have no middlemen between them and their product (i.e. the stuff is sold in local farmer's markets). BUT...if someone buys stuff at a farmer's market and then goes to the city and adds it in to their 'product', and labels it like as an 'organic' product, 'grown locally', then you might have an issue of concern to the overly-paranoid (made that way by knowledge of the attempt by the cabal to inflict pandemics on us intentionally) regulators at the FDA. There are a lot of good civil servants there, just like there are some 'bureaucrats' whose only concern is their power to regulate the efforts of others. The mere existence of a bureaucracy isn't good or evil, it's the STO or STS spirits within them that vye for control over the mission.

Aside from the Tester amendment, however, the S510 bill either with or without the amendment still does not include any clause that would prevent you or your neighbors from growing your own food on your own property and sharing it with each other. That all changes when you start to publicly sell that product. That is when the law would have an impact.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
Aside from the Tester amendment, however, the S510 bill either with or without the amendment still does not include any clause that would prevent you or your neighbors from growing your own food on your own property and sharing it with each other. That all changes when you start to publicly sell that product. That is when the law would have an impact.

You are absolutely correct - I may still grow food in my own back yard. I can still share the Earth's bounty with my neighbors or the local Food Bank, and, right now, I may still sell the excess my garden produces at the local farmer's market or the local restaurant. But how much longer will that be true?

I don't know about everyone else but I very rarely buy produce in a supermarket any more. The produce my family eats comes out of my garden or from a farmer's market. I get up early on Saturday morning and am there talking directly to the farmer who produced the vegetables and fruits my family will consume for the next week. They know me and I know them. I know who has the best strawberries; I know who has the best green beans to can. I know when the peaches will be ripe and brought in from a local farm in Fredricksburg. I know the lady whose goat herd produces the milk for the cheese I feed my family. I eat honey produced locally and it is deeeevine!!!!

My three elderly uncles produce "the finest beef money can buy" as one would tell you. They are slowly getting out of the cattle business for a number of reasons but the most important reason of all is because of S510 and the onerous "track back" rules and regs they must follow.

Collectively, the three of them probably ship about 2,000 to 3,000 head a year to market. All of it is already sold - primarily to steak houses in Chicago and New York.

Never, ever, never in more than 60 years has any tainted meat been sold or produced by them. They take enormous pride in their herds, their bloodlines and the quality of the beef they produce.

Is it sold at WalMart? No. It is sold primarily to restaurants and in high end meat markets back East - as we have always sold our Texas beef.

Under this new law, they will be forced to open their ranches to FDA inspection at any time and produce detailed, computerized documents regarding their beef. The cost to provide computerized records acceptable to the FDA is prohibitive especially given the drought conditions over the last couple of years.

So, like many others in their shoes, they choose to go out of business. They will no longer produce beef for their Eastern markets but will, instead, do what so many others in Texas have done. They will sell their beef "subscription only" to local customers and still have to pay the $500 to do it.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:42 am
GT Truther

Cross posting:

Obama adviser says UFODC-documented UFO/ET landings on U.S. Capitol “could
destabilize society”
May 19, 6:42 PMSeattle Exopolitics
Examiner<http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner>Alfred
Lambremont Webre

UFODC: July 1952 UFO/ET hyperdimensional flyover of U.S. Capitol

Wilbur “Will” Allen <http://www.ufodc.com/>, a former White House employee
and Air Force One engineer under U.S. Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W.
Bush, and Bill Clinton, revealed that John
Podesta<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta>,
former White House chief of staff under President Bill Clinton (1998-2001)
and Co-chair of the Obama Transition Team (2008-9), has told him that the
frequent UFO and extraterrestrial landings which Mr. Allen is able to
document photographically using state of the art high definition equipment
could, if made widely public, “destabilize society.”

Ironically, at a November 14, 2007 press
conference<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Sz-MgoFos>at the National
Press Club, John Podesta himself called for public
examination of the UFO phenomenon, stating, “It was the law.”

Mr. Allen is a professional photographer who was trained in photography and
photographic analysis at a CIA film laboratory and has produced photography
for major motion picture companies such as Warner Brothers and record labels
such as DefJam.

Mr. Allen’s declarations are made in a wide-ranging exclusive radio
interview with reporter Alfred Lambremont Webre on
ExopoliticsRadio.org<http://exopolitics.blogs.com/exopolitics_radio/2010/05/obama-adviser-says-ufodc-documented-ufoet-landings-on-us-capitol-could-destabilize-society.html>

Mr. Allen’s photographs of UFOs flying over and landing on the roof of the
U.S. Capitol on July 16, 2002 were taken 50 years from July 16, 1952, when
UFOs were photographed over the U.S. Capitol. Mr. Allen’s historic
photographs of the July 16, 2002 event together with UFO sightings and
landings by U.S. Senate buildings, and the Washington Monument are set out a
Slide Show in the article below.

In his in-depth Exopolitics Radio interview (available to Examiner.com
readers in the article below), Mr. Allen, who grew up on U.S. military bases
and now resides in Washington, DC, reveals that at age five he was visited
by a group of “four to five grey extraterrestrials in silver spacesuits” who
implanted him with a device.

That implant device went undetected during all the years of his military and
White House service, and now signals him to go to specific locations in
Washington, DC where he is instructed to photograph extraterrestrial craft
and personnel that through hyperdimensional Star gates at extremely high
speeds. Mr. Allen, who has reported some of these UFO/ET landings to the
U.S. Capitol Police states that the police have told him his photographs
confirm ET/UFO landings their officers are also encountering.

Mr. Allen believes that his photographs, which are forensic in quality,
document that the same intelligent hyperdimensional civilization was behind
the July 16, 1952 and the July 16, 2002 flyovers of the U.S. Capitol. These
UFO/ET flyovers are continuing into the present. Mr. Allen states that the
civilization communicating with him and directing his photographic
documentation of their hypervelocity landings on the U.S. Capitol are “grey
and human-hybrid.”

Continues at:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2912 ... ze-society<http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2912-Seattle-Exopolitics-Examiner%7Ey2010m5d19-Obama-adviser-says-UFODCdocumented-UFOET-landings-on-US-Capitol-could-destabilize-society>

Seattle Exopolitics Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle- ... s-Examiner

Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am
GT Truther

Cross posting:

A REAL Cure For ALL Cancers! Capsaicin- Here's The
Recipe...

I have a close friend that was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, this set in motion my quest for a "natural" solution to his potentially fatal problem.

While In conversation with an old friend one day a passerby overhead the details of our discussion which at the time happened to be about my friends lung cancer.

This gentleman went on to say that he had literally just cured his wife after 4 weeks from fatal Leukemia, the doctors are baffled he continued. He suggested I do some research on Capsaicin, that's what I did and guess what I found?

A TON of scientific evidence to back up his claim, it really appears that this miracle ingredient can kill the cancer cells, disrupt their mitochondria so they literally turn on themselves without damaging the surrounding healthy cells. Do a quick Google search for yourself and you will see exactly what I'm talking about.

Needless to say, my friend will be starting his regime in the next day or two...I will keep you updated as to the results.

"Kelley Eidem, the “inventor” of a novel “recipe” to erase cancerous tumors, is the accomplished author of what I consider a very important book, The Doctor Who Cures Cancer. The physician whose outstanding achievements and lifework are thoroughly covered in this work* is Dr. Emanuel Revici who from my impression stands heads and shoulders above possibly all others who have gone before

Based upon what Kelley Eidem had learned when researching and writing his book on the life work of Dr. Revici, he devised a simple formula that (coupled with the serene conviction that he could do it) helped him heal stage 4 cancer in a matter of a few weeks. This was over a decade ago.

While he adds that "... curing deadly cancer is probably almost as easy as curing deadly scurvy, the results are still early". He does have some impressive responses from several people both with cancer and other afflictions who have tried his "recipe" with varying degrees of success.
Of course, as in many if not most cancer cures, the power of the mind as expressed in the will to live and confidence in the healing power of the human body has surely played a minor (or major) part in these improvements as well (compare stories illustrating the dramatic impact of the well-known placebo effect).

Here is Kelley Eidem's short (but anything but sweet!) recipe.

(1) Freshly grate one habaneros pepper each day and put it on bread (persons unable to tolerate peppers can substitute freshly grated ginger (never from a jar).

(2) Freshly grate two cloves of garlic each day and put them on bread (since the "potent active ingredients from the peppers and the garlic disperse quickly... they must be grated each day, and eaten immediately". The bread used by Eidem was high quality Ezekiel sprouted bread [possibly found in the freezer section of health food stores]

(3) Take 1-2 tablespoons of emulsified cod liver oil [or in certain cases evening primrose oil, see further details below] each day.

(4) Smother the grated garlic and habaneros peppers with real butter and eat it. No margarines of any type.

The use of both hot peppers (which contain capsaicin) and garlic as well as ginger is actually backed up by "mainstream" scientific research as all of these have been found to have anti-cancer activity, to wit for instance the article "How spicy foods can kill cancers" found at
news.bbc.co.uk...

"Pepper Component Hot Enough To Trigger Suicide In Prostate Cancer Cells" published at
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/39744.php

Cod liver oil and evening primrose oil respectively are described as helping to balance an "off-balance" metabolism. Which of these oils to ingest depends on whether a person's metabolism is too anabolic or too catabolic. This is based on Dr. Revici's discovery of the "dualistic" nature of cancer.

According to Dr. Revici's observations and research results cancer is caused by an imbalance between constructive ("anabolic") and destructive ("catabolic") bodily processes and hence only able to "thrive" in a person whose metabolism is out of balance, namely either too anabolic or too catabolic.

Whether your metabolism is one or the other can be deduced and/or determined by observation of your "pain pattern" and/or by your reaction to ingesting (certain) foods as well as other factors such as urine pH as observed over the longer term.

For instance someone who has “overly alkaline” urine, fluid retention, sunken eyes, diarrhea, inability to sleep, loses weight and appetite, or has a drop in his or her blood pressure, shows typical evidence of a catabolic imbalance, while someone suffering from high blood pressure, sleepiness, frequent urination, constipation and “overly acidic” urine displays symptoms of being too anabolic.

Depending on which imbalance is present, the person with cancer will have a pH (measured from urine) which is either too high or too low in a rather consistent manner (this in contradistinction to a healthy person whose pH will markedly fluctuate in the course of the day).

To help correct a catabolic imbalance, Kelley Eidem suggests using evening primrose oil, while taking emulsified cod liver oil is indicated for those who are too anabolic.

Since most people seem to be too acidic which according to Kelley Eidem "translates into being too anabolic if they stay too acidic too long", the standard recipe listed above features taking emulsified cod liver oil.

As you can see, taking the oil indicated for you is a central part of this natural treatment approach."

Thu May 20, 2010 12:37 pm
Site Admin

Very interesting post about the Cancer Killer Dex thanks for posting that.

I am going to forward that to some people that are in the know, those who believe in Natural Healing that is.

Thanks again

Thu May 20, 2010 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

REDACT THIS = BOYLAN GETS
IT WRONG AGAIN = FROM M W MANDEVILLE
BULLETIN ITEM: Remote View Megaquake Prediction For May 14/15 In Northern Mexico Complete Failure

MWM: ----which is why I tend to ignore such predictions and why I have nothing to do with people into the "remote viewing" scene. This piece by Dr. Boylan which purports to rationalize the failure is, in my sad and pained conclusion, pretty revealing of people who are very well lost in a fantasy world which has become nearly completely solipsistic. Once you dig your fantasy world this deep it is very hard to crawl back out to find out where the rubber hits the road. In the future, dear readers, please avoid sending me any material of any kind from this source. We don't need to test it again. I undertook this test this time thinking all along that the prediction would be a bust. But since it was a possibility, I saw the opportunity to sketch out the dynamics on the Carib Plate connected with the rift-spreader movements in the crust along the Atlantic Rift and the East Pacific Rift. I also saw the opportunity to rate a source. Tasks complete. P.S. Occasionally people grump at me for "wasting their time" with lousy sources. The reason I do it is because it makes you think and it allows me to help subscribers find their way through some of the popular confusions and mental short circuits out there. Speculation, even wild speculation, can be very educational if handled forthrightly. I am about to do same with a review of the 2012 movie. Frankly I did not like the movie, it is pretty hollyweird schlocky, I was happy to leave it alone. But I see a lot of people obsessing over some of the thoughtforms it made popular. So I am going to skewer some of them and send them onto happy hunting grounds where they will dissipate rapidly.

Subject: RE: May 14 earthquake remote view prediction.
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:23:09 -0700

The time "window" within which the 9.2 earthquake predicted to shake the Sierra Madre Occidental range in Mexico has passed. It is safe to say that such a Great Quake will not occur there now. Thus, many lives and injuries were spared, and loss of homes and other buildings averted. For this we can all be grateful, whether Mexicans, Americans, or citizens elsewhere in our world.

An interesting additional development is the actual reason WHY the 9.2 Quake did not occur.

It was not a matter of any shortage of great stress along Mexico's Western Sierra Madre. There was plenty. Rather, it was that tremendous seismic stress was alleviated by special helpers who worked with the stuck and stressed tectonic plates under the Sierra Madre Occidental there to "bleed off" the stress through a combination of special intervention to increase the lubricity where the plates meet so that they slide past each other more smoothly, and a series of pressure-releasing, very-moderate-magnitude "mini-quakes" at the northern end of Mexico. The seismic pressure-releasing work done to avert the Great Quake was done by a combination of Altimarian and other Star Visitors at work, along with a work force of one of the Inner Earth Peoples.

The Inner Earth race which was involved were the Oskgiliad (Osk-gil-iad). They work with the nervous system of Gaia, (Earth's grid of connective energy lines).

Two Star Races were involved in helping. The first was a contingent from the 12 Altimarian environmental scientists volunteering here to work on environmental remediation of damage to Earth's ecosystems, including Tom, the Altimarians' Earth Specialist. The second star race helping were the Ogula. They are the Star Beings who are of a crystalline structure. It is my supposition that because of their crystalline structure they would both well understand the physics of tectonic plate rock, and would tolerate better the tremendous pressures of working at depth in the Earth.

The 9.2 Quake was indeed originally going to happen, (around May 14). When my close associate Wendi relayed the warning she received from Star Nations about the foreseen quake to me, I did research on what the likely effects of such a great quake could be. I have spelled those foreseen possible consequences in my original quake advisement. That warning reached around the world on the Internet and in a Mexican radio interview. It was at that point that the Altimarians decided to mobilize to help avert that quake. The Ogula decided they could help as well. The Oskgiliad Inner Earth people also decided to pitch in and assist.

Some may say I was an unnecessary alarmist, because the Great Quake didn't happen. But Wendi and I would have been blame-worthy if we had that pending 9.2 Quake information and sat on it and did nothing, and just watched it happen May 14. Personally I prefer to be the one who decided to sound the alarm, which mobilized the Altimarians, the Ogula, and the Oskgiliad to intervene and take palliative actions, so that the terrible effects I foresaw from a 9.2 Quake did not in fact happen. Let the cynics and nay-sayers throw verbal rocks at me. We live in a "Damned if you do, and damned if you don't" society presently.

It looks like there are published reports consistent with pressure-relieving measures which the Inner Earth people, and the Altimarian and Ogula star people did. There have been 22 quakes in the Baja California area at the northern end of the Gulf of California during the Sept. 13-15 three-day "window" in which the Great Quake would have occurred. These represent a great relieving of stress through a modest series of manageable quakes in the magnitude range of up to 4.3.

In the region of the Sierra Madre Occidental itself, Mexico's Servicio Sismologico Nacional (National Earthquake Service) has no report of earthquakes during the Sept. 13-15 "window, (although there have been multiple quakes in the southern portion of Mexico far away from the Sierra Madre Occidental.) What that seismic "quiet" seems to indicate is that the Inner Earth People, the Altimarians, and the Ogula have managed to induce sufficient lubricity into the "stuck" tectonic plates that stress is being relieved, including possibly draining of the stress in the northern part of Mexico through a series of modest, non-damaging quakes.

The Mexican people have always accorded the Star Visitors their famous cordial Mexican hospitality, including townspeople standing in the squares of some Mexican towns when starcraft loitered overhead, with the populace waving and shouting greetings.

It looks like the Star Visitors have returned the favor with a gesture of good will themselves. Viva Mexico!
in the light,

Richard Boylan, Ph.D." ...www.myspace.com/butlincat GOOGLE HOLLIE GREIG

Thu May 20, 2010 6:00 pm
Truth Seeker

Dondep, its not big to smoke cannabis, or tell the world your a dopehead via an avatar....grow up and join the real world...butlincat.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 pm
GT Truther

butlincat wrote:
Dondep, its not big to smoke cannabis, or tell the world your a dopehead via an avatar....grow up and join the real world...butlincat.

Excuse me? Are you attacking my avatar? Accusing it of smoking cannabis, or accusing me of telling the world I'm a "dopehead"?

I would reconsider your post in light of the Golden Rule. I've had this avatar since it was the only one available at GLP when I signed up, and I won't sit in judgement of the red-eyed avatar you sported until recently.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:

You are absolutely correct - I may still grow food in my own back yard. I can still share the Earth's bounty with my neighbors or the local Food Bank, and, right now, I may still sell the excess my garden produces at the local farmer's market or the local restaurant. But how much longer will that be true?

I don't know about everyone else but I very rarely buy produce in a supermarket any more. The produce my family eats comes out of my garden or from a farmer's market. I get up early on Saturday morning and am there talking directly to the farmer who produced the vegetables and fruits my family will consume for the next week. They know me and I know them. I know who has the best strawberries; I know who has the best green beans to can. I know when the peaches will be ripe and brought in from a local farm in Fredricksburg. I know the lady whose goat herd produces the milk for the cheese I feed my family. I eat honey produced locally and it is deeeevine!!!!

My three elderly uncles produce "the finest beef money can buy" as one would tell you. They are slowly getting out of the cattle business for a number of reasons but the most important reason of all is because of S510 and the onerous "track back" rules and regs they must follow.

Collectively, the three of them probably ship about 2,000 to 3,000 head a year to market. All of it is already sold - primarily to steak houses in Chicago and New York.

Never, ever, never in more than 60 years has any tainted meat been sold or produced by them. They take enormous pride in their herds, their bloodlines and the quality of the beef they produce.

Is it sold at WalMart? No. It is sold primarily to restaurants and in high end meat markets back East - as we have always sold our Texas beef.

Under this new law, they will be forced to open their ranches to FDA inspection at any time and produce detailed, computerized documents regarding their beef. The cost to provide computerized records acceptable to the FDA is prohibitive especially given the drought conditions over the last couple of years.

So, like many others in their shoes, they choose to go out of business. They will no longer produce beef for their Eastern markets but will, instead, do what so many others in Texas have done. They will sell their beef "subscription only" to local customers and still have to pay the $500 to do it.

That's tragic to hear, bluebonnet. Having large agribusinesses do their due diligence, 'do the right thing', is one thing; putting the family farmer, or family rancher on the ropes by requiring an inordinate amount of paperwork can be ruinous and counter-productive. I think this is where the grants that are mentioned in Sect. 211 come into play; a State or locality can apply for grants that would fund the kind of food-safety programs that would assist local entrepreneurs and family farmers/ranchers. Don't get me wrong; I have issues with this bill too, as I feel it puts an onerous and counter-productive regulatory burden on family-owned businesses, simply because of the 'bad apples' in the large agribusinesses. The Tester amendment would shield family farms and ranches from the most onerous clauses in this bill, but what are the positions of your own senators from Texas on this? I'm sure both Cornyn and Hutchison would be fine with no regulation at all, which on the one hand is good news in the short term for family-owned businesses, but in the long run, there's still a need to ensure the safety of the food supply. This is the minutiae of politics, where the rubber meets the road.

I'll put in a call tomorrow to the both of them along with Tester's office to get their positions and find out what their response is to your uncles' situation and how they choose to deal with it. This should be quite interesting.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Hey everyone it's me again yeah the reason i haven't read here today is because i got my Nintendo wii sensor module today and have been playing conduit, it's highly excellent you get to kill politicians in it well they are guys in business suits but i pretend they are politicians I love hearing the politicians scream in agony makes me feel better yes :popcorn :roflmao

it's very violent so it's not for the faint of heart dead illuminati politicians ha ha ha ha ha! :crylaugh

Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Huge Sinkhole Opens Up On Interstate 24 In Tennessee

Fri May 21, 2010 2:11 am

Hey Lynnwood - notice how sync your time stamp on your post occured?

Fri May 21, 2010 11:11

Sorry - but I notice these things... :hmm

Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 am
Profile WWW

This was reported on National Geographic's photo of the day today?

Photo in the News: Giant Sinkhole Swallows Guatemala Homes

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070226-sinkhole-photo.html

Fri May 21, 2010 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
I have issues with this bill too, as I feel it puts an onerous and counter-productive regulatory burden on family-owned businesses, simply because of the 'bad apples' in the large agribusinesses. The Tester amendment would shield family farms and ranches from the most onerous clauses in this bill, but what are the positions of your own senators from Texas on this? I'm sure both Cornyn and Hutchison would be fine with no regulation at all, which on the one hand is good news in the short term for family-owned businesses, but in the long run, there's still a need to ensure the safety of the food supply. This is the minutiae of politics, where the rubber meets the road.

Thanks, Don. Yep I totally agree that we need this bill to help protect our food supply but, as usual, da gubmint is taking a sledge hammer after a gnat! GAH!

It's not the artisan (can we use that word?) farmers and ranchers that are contributing to the erosion in food supply safety. It is the big agra factory farmers that are doing it. I have 500 peach trees and I'm successful so what do I do? I decide to grow 5,000 peach trees. What happens? Well, I can't control diseases as well so I have to spray. I can no longer afford to have my trees picked by hand so I buy equipment that runs on diesel or gasoline to harvest my peaches. And, oh by the way, I'm now harvesting my peaches earlier because I need the people/equipment or whatever to use in other parts of the farm. So I'm now shipping half green peaches hundred of miles (again with the diesel/gasoline) to some factory to make them into canned peaches, frozen pies, jam or whatever.

Bigger is not necessarily better. Do I want to pay $4 for a peach? No, I don't but I don't mind paying $2 for a quality peach that comes from a local family farm. I want to be able to taste real peaches and eat real beef and poultry. And, I want to know that the farmer/rancher respects their animals and that the animal was slaughtered humanely.

Hmmm - sound like a greenie/PETA now don't I? I think it all boils down to respect for the land and respect for the animals we raise for food.

Yes, I am an Alice Waters convert and can proselytize with the best of 'em! :lol

Fri May 21, 2010 6:36 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next