It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:22 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.4 2010 
Site Admin

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.4
Quote:
In response to Bluebonnet's post.

It is shocking to me to hear that Countries could be asking for money to serve human's, to ensure the best recovery method, to ensure people's health are treated with the utmost urgency.

US Citizens might ask those who they represent them why the USA is more than willing to bankrupt itself serving other countries.

Kind Regards

Yep, Unified but you know what? I'm proud to be an American and I'm proud to live in one of the most generous nations on Earth.

Some might call us suckahs - but I don't feel that way. We are blessed to have the opportunities we have in this great land - recessions, depressions, corrupt gubmint, oil spills and all.

When it is all said and done common folks, the unwashed masses that live in Middle America, have it better than anywhere else on Earth - even with our credit card debts, overvalued homes and big screen tvs. :lol

And I love it! :heart

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:27 pm
GT Truther

I end my posting here with this story which seems to echo the mentality of some here.

Let's bury it under the sand pretend it doesn't EXIST..

Quote:
"We're cleaning up what's exposed"...

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/86/395/We ... d_....html

This sounds to me like the typical government answer to any and every problem. Let's just go ahead and clean up what's exposed to the human eyes. The perfect metaphor for cover up. Yes, they say they have an answer, a long term solution to "come back later with machines", but for now, let's just "cover up" the oil with nice clean white sand and pretend that it isn't there. While right below the surface, six inches down, lies gobs and gobs of oil. But as long as the people don't see it, it isn't there, right? Well guess again. Yes, it's still there. Just ask this poor guy whose life has been transformed by the criminal corporation called BP.

OK, Obama, OK, BP, just try to clean up what's exposed. You're way behind the eight ball boys...

From tampabay.com news:

www.tampabay.com/news/environment/usf-s ... la/1104804

Ping Wang, 43, who has studied beaches for 20 years, dug a narrow trench perpendicular to the shoreline, about a foot deep and 5 feet long. A dark, contiguous vein of oil ran horizontally along the walls of the trench, about 6 inches beneath the surface of the sand.

The sheet of oil which was deposited on the beach at high tide Wednesday and stretched some 8 miles was covered by as much as a foot of sand at high tide Thursday, Wang explaine

Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Murphy, a spokeswoman for the Unified Command in Mobile, said Wang's finding was not surprising. She said cleanup crews will go after subsurface oil later with machines that can scoop and separate deep oil and sand.

"Overall, in the short-term plan, we're cleaning up what's exposed," she said.

Full series of devastating photos:

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photo/2010/06 ... beach.html

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:35 pm
Truth Seeker

Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:
In response to Bluebonnet's post.

It is shocking to me to hear that Countries could be asking for money to serve human's, to ensure the best recovery method, to ensure people's health are treated with the utmost urgency.

US Citizens might ask those who they represent them why the USA is more than willing to bankrupt itself serving other countries.

Kind Regards

Yep, Unified but you know what? I'm proud to be an American and I'm proud to live in one of the most generous nations on Earth.

Some might call us suckahs - but I don't feel that way. We are blessed to have the opportunities we have in this great land - recessions, depressions, corrupt gubmint, oil spills and all.

When it is all said and done common folks, the unwashed masses that live in Middle America, have it better than anywhere else on Earth - even with our credit card debts, overvalued homes and big screen tvs. :lol

And I love it! :heart

:clap lovely Bluebonnet. I am always in awe of American homes. Even with Katrina. Many of the home's in the worst area look better than those worth twice as much in the UK.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:50 pm
GT Truther

UnifiedCause wrote:
Hello.

What can Apple be held at fault for? Is it because they are Foxconn's largest customer. Has it been confirmed the suicides were work related? Mass Hysteria after the first one? Has anyone seen the interview with Mr Jobs at the D8 conference were he discusses the suicides? You can watch it here.

http://video.allthingsd.com/video/d8-st ... C300E31E11

IMHO Apple has been made into a very large target for matter's outside their control. Are Apple to become a police force regulating and forcing those who they do business with not taking into account the countries standards and customs. Do we as customers of shopping center's bother about those behind the counter of wall mart and the like? Should we as a neighborhood audit walllmart? Should we not look to the Chinese Government to ensure proper work standards for it's citizens and not foreign partners / customers?

For me it is almost laughable to see a PM / President stand and talk about the standards of another country knowing the same country is involved in black matters and who would seem is no better than it's counterpart.

Kind Regards

Hello.

I think the people who are suffering from "mass hysteria" are the ones who line up for days to spend their cash on an overpriced product made fairly cheaply in a foreign land. :whistle

Have you seen Apple's profits recently on the back of the products made by Foxxcon? It's quite incredible. No wonder every Fund Manager wants to get Apple Inc into their portfolios. Apple's market capitalisation is now higher than Microsoft's, although to be fair, Jobs and Co have really been visionaries and capitalized on how phones would develop into smart phones/mini computers, whereas their competitors have been slow off the mark in that respect.

I realize this is a capitalistic world we all live in and every company in existence wants to maximize its profits on a yearly basis, but Apple (and others like Dell) are at fault because they're making billions of dollars in profits on the backs of Foxxcon workers who get paid a pittance for their efforts. It's these people who deserve bonuses. Foxconn -- a Taiwanese company BTW, not Chinese -- has recently increased wages by 20% to "boost morale" at their Shenzhen factory, but the conditions there are still harsh and have been described as prison-like. Without these workers, they'd be no iphone or ipad (or Dell or Nokia products either.) I dread to think what the price of the latest incarnation of the iphone would be if it was put together in North America or Europe. You'd probably have to be a millionaire to buy it though. :tounge I don't think an American or European worker would work for $3 a day...

I understand the point you're making, UnifiedCause, but it goes to prove my point that we in the west want our cake and eat it. We want affordable products (unless you're lining Jobs's pockets and forking out for the latest generation iphone :lol )and a return on our investments -- but we want others elsewhere to do the donkey work.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:53 pm
GT Truther

Forum Mate Shady,

I feel your tone has become hysterical, shrill and now offensive. What makes you so superciliously antagonistic toward forum participants who challenge your proclamations' sans source and wet with gore?

"No... no may your right there Lynwood may your stomach's can't handle reality.. And we should return this forum to Space Aliens, and Telepathic Space Brothers from Zeta..."

I had no idea you hold our conversations in such low esteem. Perhaps you are indeed needed elsewhere? Might you consider posting these rants into Shady's Corner thread so that we uninformed and misguided oil slaves may foppishly discuss our "Space Aliens" et al without interrupting your regal doom thunder. If then we desire discussion of the environmental travesty in the gulf with you the venue is excellent.

Your theatrical and overbearing tone becomes offensive.

Best of all futures to all, Grist

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:04 pm
GT Truther

Hey look its 100s of Dolphins trying to make it to shore before the Human Greed Crude (now polluting their home) KILLS them!

No problem it doesn’t’ exist!

Hey lets take the kids to Googlepex to see "Toy Story 3" Yea lets take in a FEEL good movie tonight...

Quote:
Dolphins In Danger:Hundreds Of Dolphins Move Inshore

photo
Contributed by BARRACUDA (Reporter)
Friday, June 25, 2010 8:30
View: Reporter's biography | More stories

More dirty evidence of the massive oil spill washed ashore along the Gulf Coast for residents who don't need any more reminders of their frustration over failed efforts to stop the crude gushing from a blown-out undersea well.

In Florida , officials on Thursday closed a quarter-mile stretch of Pensacola Beach not far from the Alabama line when thick pools of oil washed up, the first time a beach in the state has been shut because of the spill. A large patch of oil oozed into Mississippi Sound, the fertile waters between the barrier islands and mainland of a state that has mostly been spared.

The news came as a cap collecting oil from the well was back in place after a deep-sea robot bumped it and engineers concerned about escaping gas removed it for about 10 hours Wednesday.

Video footage at:

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/86/054/Do ... shore.html

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:09 pm
Truth Seeker

mjc wrote:
UnifiedCause wrote:
Hello.

What can Apple be held at fault for? Is it because they are Foxconn's largest customer. Has it been confirmed the suicides were work related? Mass Hysteria after the first one? Has anyone seen the interview with Mr Jobs at the D8 conference were he discusses the suicides? You can watch it here.

http://video.allthingsd.com/video/d8-st ... C300E31E11

IMHO Apple has been made into a very large target for matter's outside their control. Are Apple to become a police force regulating and forcing those who they do business with not taking into account the countries standards and customs. Do we as customers of shopping center's bother about those behind the counter of wall mart and the like? Should we as a neighborhood audit walllmart? Should we not look to the Chinese Government to ensure proper work standards for it's citizens and not foreign partners / customers?

For me it is almost laughable to see a PM / President stand and talk about the standards of another country knowing the same country is involved in black matters and who would seem is no better than it's counterpart.

Kind Regards

Hello.

I think the people who are suffering from "mass hysteria" are the ones who line up for days to spend their cash on an overpriced product made fairly cheaply in a foreign land. :whistle

Have you seen Apple's profits recently on the back of the products made by Foxxcon? It's quite incredible. No wonder every Fund Manager wants to get Apple Inc into their portfolios. Apple's market capitalisation is now higher than Microsoft's, although to be fair, Jobs and Co have really been visionaries and capitalized on how phones would develop into smart phones/mini computers, whereas their competitors have been slow off the mark in that respect.

I realize this is a capitalistic world we all live in and every company in existence wants to maximize its profits on a yearly basis, but Apple (and others like Dell) are at fault because they're making billions of dollars in profits on the backs of Foxxcon workers who get paid a pittance for their efforts. It's these people who deserve bonuses. Foxconn -- a Taiwanese company BTW, not Chinese -- has recently increased wages by 20% to "boost morale" at their Shenzhen factory, but the conditions there are still harsh and have been described as prison-like. Without these workers, they'd be no iphone or ipad (or Dell or Nokia products either.) I dread to think what the price of the latest incarnation of the iphone would be if it was put together in North America or Europe. You'd probably have to be a millionaire to buy it though. :tounge I don't think an American or European worker would work for $3 a day...

I understand the point you're making, UnifiedCause, but it goes to prove my point that we in the west want our cake and eat it. We want affordable products (unless you're lining Jobs's pockets and forking out for the latest generation iphone :lol )and a return on our investments -- but we want others elsewhere to do the donkey work.

I do agree with you MJC. I suspect every company want's to maximize it's profits. Want's to spend as little to do it. We should also be aware that this is not only happening in China but India and countries that don't even make a 2 second blip on the news. Every product nearly in our homes in US and Europe is manufactured in China. We all are aware of this. But what to WE do to stop it? To ensure the billions are paid a decent wage? I am afraid in this economy that runs there needs to be poor and underpaid workers. I don't see the Millionaires, Billionaires, Fortune 500 companies etc moving have everyone on the same page with the same equal opportunities. But will this stop you buying any product marked "made in china" knowing a child / adult was paid "x" amount for "x" amount of possible hours?

I do hope things change for the better, but unless things change in other area's first this will be a difficult battle.

Kind Regards

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:11 pm
GT Truther

There is an old saying there Grist..

"If you don't have enemies in life your most likely are not doing anything worth while in life."

I bet EVERYONE loves you.

Good day.

Grist von Zweifel wrote:
Forum Mate Shady,

I feel your tone has become hysterical, shrill and now offensive. What makes you so superciliously antagonistic toward forum participants who challenge your proclamations' sans source and wet with gore?

"No... no may your right there Lynwood may your stomach's can't handle reality.. And we should return this forum to Space Aliens, and Telepathic Space Brothers from Zeta..."

I had no idea you hold our conversations in such low esteem. Perhaps you are indeed needed elsewhere? Might you consider posting these rants into Shady's Corner thread so that we uninformed and misguided oil slaves may foppishly discuss our "Space Aliens" et al without interrupting your regal doom thunder. If then we desire discussion of the environmental travesty in the gulf with you the venue is excellent.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm
GT Truther

Shady Groves wrote:
There is an old saying there Grist..

"If you don't have enemies in life your most likely are not doing anything worth while in life."

I bet EVERYONE loves you.

Good day.

Grist von Zweifel wrote:
Forum Mate Shady,

I find it very interesting when a disagreement on venue and ferocity makes me an enemy to a self appointed savior. What's worse I wonder, the cure or the malady? Are you suggesting I am your enemy now Shady? Sad that. And uncalled for.

As for friends? I do alright; perhaps because I don't bash them over the head with my opinions or consider myself superior to them and can carry on a civil conversation without an insulting derogatory tone.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend please, Grist

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Site Admin

Shady your walking along that line again that you seem to like to test from time to time ...

You have a right to post about the spill in the gulf in fact I encourage you to spread the word, even if its NOT fact based as of yet as it still gets the point across that BP is doing JACK SHIT to clean up their mess. :headbang I am totally with you in the :fu BP fight.

However when a forum member asked you for links there is no need to get all defensive and sour on them, please remember the Golden Rule and respect fellow Forum Members...

Thank You
L2L

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Yea I know.. I know I walk as Johnny Cash used to sing "I walk the line" :)

But enough of that...

SURF AT PENSACOLA BOILING WITH METHANE BUBBLES!

Anyone has any more footage PLEASE let me know..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52k2DOE ... r_embedded

I am reminded of that passage in the Christian text.. "An behold I saw the sea as if on flame (boiling) and 1/3 of the Ocean was dead." or along those lines...

We might be seeing Biblical prophecy come into play.!

L2L wrote:
Shady your walking along that line again that you seem to like to test from time to time ...

You have a right to post about the spill in the gulf in fact I encourage you to spread the word, even if its NOT fact based as of yet as it still gets the point across that BP is doing JACK SHIT to clean up their mess. :headbang I am totally with you in the :fu BP fight.

However when a forum member asked you for links there is no need to get all defensive and sour on them, please remember the Golden Rule and respect fellow Forum Members...

Thank You
L2L

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:03 pm
GT Truther

TEXT TO ABOVE FOOTAGE:

Believe it or not that's up to you I'm just reporting it.

Quote:
Warning!!!! Extreme Alert-move Your Families Now!

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/86/249/Wa ... s_Now.html

Inside sources have informed me that Full scale Gulf Coast evacuations are expected to begin in next couple of weeks--With Methane now surfacing and Bubbling in Florida waters the potential for a Methane Explosion of unimaginable devastation now comes into focus Further Law Enforcement Sources are being Advised of "ESCALATING VENT DETERIORATION" Two Definitions were provided to me--First "VENT" DEFINITION-"The opening in a volcano from which gas and molten rock erupt" and "ESCALATES"- DEFINITION GIVEN-"To expand step by step as from a limited or local conflict into a General NUCLEAR WAR"--to become unmanageable--You don't need a rocket science degree to read between the lines. Ten Years ago after the Papua New Guinea Earthquake in which "Burnt to a Crisp" bodies were pulled from the Fiery Seas-Stan Deyo and I did multiple Radio programs together over the years, warning of the Methane Hydrate Problems off our Coasts that could turn into "Seas Of Fire". Now maybe you can understand our warnings in perspective!. With massive numbers of Military assets being moved south it is being stated, that Martial Law initially will be on a regional Basis,. You will have no choice-- as you will be moved against your will, to places you really don't want to be moved to. Have you wondered what will become of everyones "stuff" thats left behind in abandoned homes and offices--THEY HAVE!--"To the Victors (THE NWO CROWD) go the spoils"! I encourage everyone to prayerfully consider all the above information and use your GOD GIVEN FREE WILL TO MOVE. There will be a complete shutdown of all commerce and Industry in the Areas affected by the Forced Evacuations. Don't assume your credit cards will work at this time, as a "Cyberattack" is to be Launched against the "US FINANCIAL" System concurrent with the mass evacuations that will deny access to funds--Have Cash on Hand to get you where you need to go. LIFE AS WE HAVE KNOWN IS ABOUT TO TAKE AN APOCALYPTIC CHANGE--FOR THE WORST.Additional Info from Wayne Madsen Reports Emergency preparations in dealing with the expanding oil menace are now being made for cities and towns from Corpus Christi, Texas, to Houston, New Orleans, Gulfport, Mobile, Pensacola, Tampa-St.Petersburg-Clearwater, Sarasota-Bradenton, Naples, and Key West. Some 36 FEMA-funded contracts between cities, towns, and counties and emergency workers are due to be invoked within days, if not hours, according to WMR's FEMA sources. www.stevequayle.com/index1.html
VIDEO:
click to delete

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:10 pm
GT Truther

I lived in Florida from birth to 21. This event is just devistating! :flame

I do think if this gusher is not stopped very soon, it could very well be a panet killer...JMO

Now This...FWIW.
~~~~~~~~
"COREXIT" is the primary dispersant being employed. It is a NALCO product:

NALCO

Nalco Holding Company NYSE: NLC (formerly Ondeo Nalco) supplies water treatment and process improvement services, chemicals and equipment programs for industrial and institutional markets. These products and services are marketed in some cases to prevent corrosion, contamination and the buildup of harmful deposits. In other applications they are used in production processes to enhance process efficiency and improve customers’ end products.

Nalco currently serves more than 70,000 customers employing over 11,500 employees operating in over 130 countries.

Among its products is Corexit which is an oil dispersant and is widely being used in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

History

The company was founded in 1928 in the United States as the National Aluminate Corporation formed from the merger of Chicago Chemical Company and the Aluminum Sales Corporation. [1] In 1959 it changed its name to Nalco Chemical Company and was publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under that name from 1964 until a French company, Suez, purchased it in 1999. After a name change to Ondeo Nalco Company then another change in ownership in 2003, the Company went public again, returning to the New York Stock Exchange in late 2004 under the name Nalco Holding Company.
In 2007, Nalco achieved sales of more than US$3.9 billion.

Exxon Mobil Ties

Nalco has had ongoing ties to Exxon. In 1994, Nalco and Exxon Chemical Company announce the formation of Nalco/Exxon Energy Chemicals, L.P. to provide products and services to all facets of the petroleum and natural gas industries. Then in 2001, NALCO, which then was called "Ondeo Nalco," strengthened its leadership role in the petroleum industry when Nalco/Exxon Energy Chemicals, L.P. became became part of the company through redemption of Exxon Mobil stock in the joint venture. Today, Daniel S. Sanders, who previously was president of Exxon/Mobil Chemical Company, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil, serves on the company board of directors.

http://www.nalco.com/index.htm

New Government Reports Find Dispersants Are Working To Break Up Oil And Having No Negative Consequences for Clean-up Workers

(Naperville, Ill.) Nalco (NYSE: NLC) Chief Technology Officer Dr. Manian Ramesh today welcomed the Federal government's assertion that the use of dispersants has resulted in "no exposure levels to any chemicals that are of any concern.”

http://www.nalco.com/news-and-events/4397.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orjr233T ... r_embedded

COREXIT Ingredients

Several weeks ago, Nalco responded to US EPA requests by providing the agency with detailed formulation and ingredient information on our COREXIT dispersants. We further agreed that this information could be shared with any other federal agency and with third party laboratories EPA has been using for its Gulf monitoring and assessment program to allow them to monitor any potential for risks to the environment or public health.

The table below outlines the same ingredient list for our COREXIT dispersants as provided to the EPA.

CAS # Name Common Day-to-Day Use Examples

1338-43-8 Sorbitan, mono-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate Skin cream, body shampoo, emulsifier in juice

9005-65-6 Sorbitan, mono-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate, poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) derivs. Baby bath, mouth wash, face lotion, emulsifier in food

9005-70-3 Sorbitan, tri-(9Z)-9-octadecenoate, poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl) derivs Body/Face lotion, tanning lotions

577-11-7 * Butanedioic acid, 2-sulfo-, 1,4-bis(2-ethylhexyl) ester, sodium salt (1:1) Wetting agent in cosmetic products, gelatin, beverages

29911-28-2 Propanol, 1-(2-butoxy-1-methylethoxy) Household cleaning products

64742-47-8 Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light Air freshener, cleaner

111-76-2 ** Ethanol, 2-butoxy Cleaners

* Contains 2-Propanediol

** This chemical component (Ethanol, 2-butoxy-) is NOT included in the composition of COREXIT 9500

COREXIT 9500 is the sole product we have been making for Gulf responders since the spill began. Limited quantities of COREXIT 9527 may have been drawn from existing dispersant stockpiles from around the world. COREXIT 9500 does not include the ingredient 2-butoxy ethanol, an ingredient in COREXIT 9527.

Both COREXIT dispersants have been approved by the EPA as part of the National Contingency Plan for treating oil spills.

In addition, a May 2010 report by the Centers for Disease Control concluded that “because of the strict guidelines that must be followed to utilize dispersants, it is unlikely that the general public will be exposed (directly) to (the) product.” The report further states that “ingredients are not considered to cause chemical sensitization; the dispersants contain proven, biodegradable and low toxicity surfactants.”

Seven Facts About COREXIT 9500 OIl Dispersant

Following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, Nalco was called upon by the response team to provide Corexit 9500 to help minimize the effects of the incident on the shoreline and other sensitive marine sites, because it is EPA-approved, safe, effective, and has a long history of successful use.

1. The EPA continues to state that the use of Nalco’s dispersants has been effective and has not significantly affected the marine environment.

• As the EPA noted on its website on May 27, “toxicity data does not indicate any significant effects on aquatic life. Moreover, decreased size of the oil droplets is a good indication that, so far, the dispersant is effective” in the Deepwater Horizon response.

• The EPA analysis came as a result of aggressive monitoring that is being conducted by BP in the Gulf of Mexico.

• In a May 24 press conference, EPA Administrator Jackson stated, “Our tracking indicates that the dispersants are breaking up the oil and speeding its biodegradation, with limited environment impact.”

• USCG Rear Admiral Mary Landry echoed Administrator Jackson’s statement by saying Corexit has prevented “much more” highly toxic oil from reaching US shorelines.

2. All of the ingredients contained in Nalco’s dispersants are safe and found in common household products, such as food, packaging, cosmetics, and household cleaners.

• Individually and collectively the ingredients are safe when used as directed.

• Corexit is approved for use by the EPA because it falls well within the agency’s range of allowable toxicity levels.

• Corexit products biodegrade rapidly, do not bioaccumulate, are not human carcinogens, do not degrade into endocrine disruptors, and are not reproductive toxins.

• Environment Canada studies show that Corexit 9500 is more than 25 times as safe as common dishwashing liquid.

• The amount of dispersants in the Gulf equal about 30 parts per billion when dispersed across the area of the oil slick and to the 10 meter depth the dispersants will spread oil through.

o This is 1/10th of 1 percent of the level of the product tested under EPA standards and a far lower level than the EPA allows in drinking water of several non-biodegradable elements that are highly toxic, carcinogenic, and/or reproductive toxins.

• On May 24, Administrator Jackson stated, “we know that dispersants are less toxic than oil” and that “the number one enemy is the oil.”

3. Since the oil spill on April 20, Nalco has been providing dispersants to responders at their request.

• Soon after oil began leaking, the government requested dispersants to help minimize the effects of the accident.

• We immediately shipped our stocked supply, and increased production in order to respond to requests.

• The response effort is being led by the Coast Guard, NOAA, EPA, Department of the Interior, in conjunction with BP.

• These responders are continually consulting with on-the-ground response teams to make decisions related to the use of dispersants.

• These response officials make the determination of how and when dispersants are utilized, based on factors such as weather, sea conditions, and the composition of oil.

4. The Nalco dispersants being used to break apart the oil have been used for over 20 years to successfully combat oil spills, both domestically and internationally.

• No other dispersant on the EPA approval list has as long a track record of safe and effective use.

• Our dispersants are used in over 30 countries, including Australia, Norway, and Canada, in response to oil spills.

• Our dispersants are meant to be used at sea – away from the shoreline.

5. Our sole focus is to help the responders mitigate this incident, and improve the outlook for those who live along the Gulf Coast. We have been in the water, oil, and gas treatment business for over 80 years, and dispersants are a very small part of our business.

• Because of the highly unusual Gulf response, sales of our dispersants are at a level equivalent to approximately 1 percent of expected 2010 Company revenues.

• Recognizing the broad impact of the spill on the Gulf region, Nalco will donate $2 million of its sales to the Nalco Foundation, which the Foundation has committed to using to support organizations conducting relief and clean-up efforts.

• We believe it is our corporate responsibility to respond to requests to minimize the effects of the spill, as well as to assist those who live along the Gulf and derive their livelihood from the region.

6. Corexit is an effective dispersant that works by bonding to the oil molecules and separating them from water molecules – thus breaking up the oil.

• In other words, the process works like dishwashing soap that breaks apart oil and water in a kitchen sink.

• In the ocean, they break down oil into droplets that mix with seawater. The droplets are then digested by naturally occurring micro-organisms.

• Dispersants inhibit oil from forming a slick and make oil less likely to stick to animals, shoreline rocks, and vegetation.

• Dispersants are usually used on the surface of the ocean and distributed by aircraft flying over an oil spill.

• Responders recently began injecting dispersants directly into the stream of oil emerging from the ocean floor. The EPA approved this tactic after conducting testing and analysis and continues to monitor air and water conditions in the Gulf and has found no harm caused by dispersants.

7. As the government explores the use of alternative dispersants,
Nalco remains fully committed to remediation efforts in the Gulf.

• We are cooperating fully with the government during this process and plan to continue assisting in any way we can.

• In fact, Nalco has facilitated the trials of other products by providing its dispersant delivery equipment to responders.

• We support a science-based process for determining the best solution to mitigate this disaster. Still, we believe strongly in the safety and effectiveness of our product.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 pm
Site Admin

Shady that Video of Pensicola Florida is absolutley SHOCKING :awe :shakehead :scared

Why is teh MSM not reporting this, it's aboslutley a crime of historic proportions

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

sorry shady, i'm having problems with the link you provided concerning international aid being refused.

i go to the website...but there must be a couple hundred articles on that page! i've tried various searchs via 'find on this page' for 10 mintues and it does not come up.

it's interesting though that i did find reference to the very same post, and most of the following posts you made immediately after that..are on GLP. posted by a guy by the name of Scrump the texan? "Scrump's the texan newsletter" 6/24/2010 @ 8:46pm. he too posted all aid has been refused and went so far as to make quite a list to prove it.

only problems is...if you take the time to go to the link provided at the end of his 'list'...you go to a pdf file. i will post the link here for those who wish to check into it.: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/143488.pdf

right away i i have a problem. for one, the list good ole scrump provided is NOT up to date. he has neglected to state that the netherland skimmer offer was accepted on May 23. He's also not updated his list to show that there are items of foreign aid that BP directly paid for, in lieu of payment from the U.S. and there's a peculiar pattern showing up. Except for a few offers of aid...every single one of them require reimbursement. so, i have to wonder also exactly what market value the foreign countries are placing on their 'offers'. the point is though, that everything i just posted is on that pdf file that he linked his info to.

scrump then gets into political rants, which, imo, are just as unfounded. if not out right lies. wether he has intended to spread lies or not, i dont' know. i do know he's hasn't bothered to check his info before posting it.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:00 pm
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.4
I am in complete agreement with Dayo on his theory we could be seeing in that video Methane Hydrate build up in the gulf. A critual mass event to KA BOOM! bye bye Gulf States and a good part of Florida.

I pray to god its not the case.

There has to be more footage out there before I can nail it but it clearly looks at this point as Methane Hydrate buld up into the critual mass level.

L2L wrote:
Shady that Video of Pensicola Florida is absolutley SHOCKING :awe :shakehead :scared

Why is teh MSM not reporting this, it's aboslutley a crime of historic proportions

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:12 pm
GT Truther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSMnmOZAwoU

BP Oil Spill: Silenced Scientists Are Breaking Their Silence!!!!

Thanks to "AnotherBroMark" for this video. Even if you are not a Christian, there is some very important information to take from this video!!!

Listen to the beginning portion of Dr. Scott Johnson's Breaking Gulf Updates on this latest special edition of his Current Events and Bible Teaching series here

http://contendingfortruth.com/sermon_id=85

WHAT THE U.S. SCIENTISTS ARE FORBIDDEN TO TELL THE MASSES AS TO THE GULF
What you are about to read, is what the scientists in the United States are not allowed to tell you in great fear of the Obama administration. They are under the threat of severe repercussions to the max.. Scientists confirming these findings cannot be named due to the above, but what they believe, they want to be known by all.

Take a U. S. map, lay it flat and measure inland just the minimum 50 miles of total destruction all around the Gulf of Mexico as to what you will read below. The carnage to the United States is so staggering, it will take your breathe away. Should what the scientists, who are trying to warn everyone about, is even close to be true... all of Florida will be completely destroyed and everyone and everything on it. You decide!! Everyone has the right to read what I have just written in this article, as well as to what is written below by the scientists who the Obama administration and BP are trying to shut up. Please share with as many as you can.
Dr. James P. Wickstrom

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/201 ... ogSpan.jpg

SUMMARY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING
The estimated super high pressure release of oil from under the earth's crust is between 80,000 to 100,000 barrels per day. The flow of oil and toxic gases is bringing up with it... rocks and sand which causes the flow to create a sandblasting effect on the remaining well head device currently somewhat restricting the flow, as well as the drilled hole itself.

As the well head becomes worn it enlarges the passageway allowing an ever-increasing flow. Even if some device could be placed onto the existing wellhead, it would not be able to shut off the flow, because what remains of the existing wellhead would not be able to contain the pressure.

The well head piping is originally about 2 inches thick. It is now likely to be less than 1 inch thick, and thinning by each passing moment. The oil has now reached the Gulf Stream and is entering the Oceanic current which is at least four times stronger than the current in the Gulf, which will carry it throughout the world within 18 months..

The oil along with the gasses, including benzene and many other toxins, is deleting the oxygen in the water. This is killing all life in the ocean. Along with the oil along the shores, there will be many dead fish, etc. that will have to be gathered and disposed of.

SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS
At some point the drilled hole in the earth will enlarge itself beneath the wellhead to weaken the area the wellhead rests upon. The intense pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct unrestricted flow of oil, etc.. The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize.

This will allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more. The water will be vaporized and turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor.

The tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole. Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas for an unknown number of years. [End of scientists information release]

http://doctorjamespwickstrom.blogspot.c ... en-to.html

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm
GT Truther

What's shocking me most is there are reports on Twitter and elsewhere that the shoreline of Florida is FILLING up with Sharks, Dolphins, Mantas, EVERYTHING are heading to shallows along the Gulf of Mexico side.. That means there is no more room in depths of the Gulf or no more Oxygen.

That means the Oil and Methane pulm is MUCH MUCH MUCH larger then we're being told.. its also going down into gulf and and ALL Marine life is trying to escape it by going to the shallows along the shore lines..

As of this hour there's a report of mass beaching of whale too!

Like a Forest fire with the deer running away a head of the fire.. Tonight it seems ALL marine life is trying to get away from this thing deep in the gulf..

The only thing that could be is Methane..

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm
GT Truther

Frankly Shady, I am with you 99% on the Gulf. I am active on a Gulf Blog site and I strongly suggested to folks IN THE GULF COAST AREA that they best get OUT OF THERE, SOON, before they get directed to the nearest FEMA Camp in the near future.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 pm
Truth Seeker

Anyone else think it is interesting while one the greatest environment devastation is occurring and worsening each day with a possible evacuation displacing millions of Americans, the American government is interested in killing the internet for it's citizens?

I can just see it now. Things in the gulf getting worse, evacuations occurring throughout the gulf states, army reserve and private companies being deployed. Millions of citizens displaced and taken into ready set up and waiting Fema camps. The media is strictly controlled over what is published as thousands if not millions of Americans are forcefully detained and controlled. Cell Phones suddenly won't connect due to the overwhelming pressure on the networks. And then suddenly the net is blocked in either the selected states or throughout America. No one see's the video's posted on youtube or the first hand reports posted on blogs and forums.

Anyone entering or trying to enter the evacuation zones is detained and removed. Cell Phones, Camera's confiscated. Meanwhile across Europe and Asia the Middle East etc things continue as normal.

Am i being too crazy in this scenario? Am I seeing pieces that seem to fit too well when they don't to you? Here is hoping I am very very wrong.

Here is a link to the story about the kill switch order for the Internet - http://fromtheold.com/news/big-blow-int ... 18689.html

Kind Regards

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm
GT Truther

YES!!!

Isn't that a interesting connection.. OBAMA pushed it threw these past three weeks.

OBAMA now has a literal and total operational KILL Switch on the Internet.. WHY?!?!?

Bush didn't want this nor need it.. but Mr. Transparency Obama now has TOTAL and complete control over the internet..

Isn't that interesting.

UnifiedCause wrote:
Anyone else think it is interesting while one the greatest environment devastation is occurring and worsening each day with a possible evacuation displacing millions of Americans, the American government is interested in killing the internet for it's citizens?

I can just see it now. Things in the gulf getting worse, evacuations occurring throughout the gulf states, army reserve and private companies being deployed. Millions of citizens displaced and taken into ready set up and waiting Fema camps. The media is strictly controlled over what is published as thousands if not millions of Americans are forcefully detained and controlled. Cell Phones suddenly won't connect due to the overwhelming pressure on the networks. And then suddenly the net is blocked in either the selected states or throughout America. No one see's the video's posted on youtube or the first hand reports posted on blogs and forums.

Anyone entering or trying to enter the evacuation zones is detained and removed. Cell Phones, Camera's confiscated. Meanwhile across Europe and Asia the Middle East etc things continue as normal.

Am i being too crazy in this scenario? Am I seeing pieces that seem to fit too well when they don't to you? Here is hoping I am very very wrong.

Here is a link to the story about the kill switch order for the Internet - http://fromtheold.com/news/big-blow-int ... 18689.html

Kind Regards

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm
GT Truther

Also interesting....

EXCLUSIVE! OIL SPILL IN GULF - Hand of God? Connection to Israel?
Is there a spiritual, biblical connection to the BP oil catastrophe?

A new video on YouTube is suggesting a possible link to the disaster due to America's recent treatment of Israel, and at least one well-known Bible analyst, Hal Lindsey, thinks there's a valid correlation.
The video was produced and posted today by Carl Gallups of the Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Milton, Fla., and is embedded here:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=170373

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:57 pm
GT Truther

The HUFFINGTON REPORT MAINSTREAM this isn't Rense or Coast to Coast AM but Main stream news folks.. Even they are starting to smell the wind and they don't like what they see!

Quote:
Will the BP Oil Spill Set Off A Tsunami? [Updated: 6/21 - See Below]

http://daviddegraw.org/2010/06/will-the ... -tsunami/#

I was sent an article yesterday that presented a worst case scenario in the BP Gulf oil spill which described a possibility that sounded too horrifying to be true. The report said the BP drill site is directly over a massive underground reservoir of methane that could result in a huge explosion that would create “a supersonic tsunami” that “would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of minutes. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions.”

Sounded like exaggerated fear mongering to me, until I saw this report from AP today:

Gulf oil full of methane, adding new concerns

It is an overlooked danger in oil spill crisis: The crude gushing from the well contains vast amounts of natural gas that could pose a serious threat to the Gulf of Mexico’s fragile ecosystem.

The oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane, compared with about 5 percent found in typical oil deposits, said John Kessler, a Texas A&M University oceanographer who is studying the impact of methane from the spill.

That means huge quantities of methane have entered the Gulf, scientists say, potentially suffocating marine life and creating “dead zones” where oxygen is so depleted that nothing lives.

“This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history,” Kessler said. [read more]

So in light of this new report, here are excerpts from the original report I read on the potential of a tsunami:

How the BP Gulf disaster could kill millions

Warnings were raised as long as a year before the Deepwater Horizon disaster that the area of seabed chosen by the BP geologists might be unstable, or worse, inherently dangerous. What makes the location that Transocean chose potentially far riskier than other potential oil deposits located at other regions of the Gulf? It can be summed up with two words: methane gas….

More than 12 months ago some geologists rang the warning bell that the Deepwater Horizon exploratory rig might have been erected directly over a huge underground reservoir of methane. Documents from several years ago indicate that the subterranean geologic formation may contain the presence of a huge methane deposit….

According to worried geologists, the first signs that the methane may burst its way through the bottom of the ocean would be fissures or cracks appearing on the ocean floor near the damaged well head. Evidence of fissures opening up on the seabed have been captured by the robotic submersibles working to repair and contain the ruptured well. Smaller, independent plumes have also appeared outside the nearby radius of the bore hole itself….

With the emerging evidence of fissures, the quiet fear now is the methane bubble rupturing the seabed and exploding into the Gulf waters. If the bubble escapes, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will instantaneously sink. All the workers, engineers, Coast Guard personnel and marine biologists measuring the oil plumes’ advance will instantly perish.

As horrible as that is, what would follow is an event so potentially horrific that it equals in its fury the Indonesian tsunami that killed more than 600,000, or the destruction of Pompeii by Mt. Vesuvius.

The ultimate Gulf disaster, however, would make even those historical horrors pale by comparison. If the huge methane bubble breaches the seabed, it will erupt with an explosive fury similar to that experienced during the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens in the Pacific Northwest. A gas gusher will surge upwards through miles of ancient sedimentary rock—layer after layer—past the oil reservoir. It will explode upwards propelled by 50 tons psi, burst through the cracks and fissures of the compromised sea floor, and rupture miles of ocean bottom with one titanic explosion.

The burgeoning methane gas cloud will surface, killing everything it touches, and set off a supersonic tsunami with the wave traveling somewhere between 400 to 600 miles per hour.

While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 100 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 6 inches above sea level. A supersonic tsunami would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of minutes. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions. Of course the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia—a state with no Gulf coastline—would also experience tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of casualties. [read more]

Is this all possible? I’m not sure. Given the new AP report revealing that “oil emanating from the seafloor contains about 40 percent methane” and oceanographer John Kessler’s statement that “This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history,” I would think this is a serious and legitimate concern that urgently calls for much more investigation.

UPDATE: 6/21

Huffington Post has an article today assessing the threat of a tsunami by “global risk specialist” DK Matai.

Gulf Oil Gusher: Danger of Tsunamis From Methane?

“A new and less well known asymmetric threat has surfaced in the Gulf of Mexico oil gusher. Methane or CH4 gas is being released in vast quantities in the Gulf waters. Seismic data shows huge pools of methane gas at the location immediately below and around the damaged ‘Macondo’ oil well….

So far, over 8 billion cubic feet may have been released, making it one of the most vigorous methane eruptions in modern human history. If the estimates of 100,000 barrels a day — that have emerged from a BP internal document — are true, then the estimates for methane gas release might have to be doubled….

By some geologists’ estimates, the methane could be a massive bubble trapped for thousands of years under the Gulf of Mexico sea floor. More than a year ago, geologists expressed alarm in regard to BP and Transocean putting their exploratory rig directly over this massive underground reservoir of methane. Warnings were raised before the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe that the area of seabed chosen might be unstable and inherently dangerous….

A methane bubble this large — if able to escape from under the ocean floor through fissures, cracks and fault areas — is likely to cause a gas explosion. With the emerging evidence of fissures, the tacit fear now is this: the methane bubble may rupture the seabed and may then erupt with an explosion within the Gulf of Mexico waters. The bubble is likely to explode upwards propelled by more than 50,000 psi of pressure, bursting through the cracks and fissures of the sea floor, fracturing and rupturing miles of ocean bottom with a single extreme explosion….

First Tsunami with Toxic Cloud

If the toxic gas bubble explodes, it might simultaneously set off a tsunami travelling at a high speed of hundreds of miles per hour. Florida might be most exposed to the fury of a tsunami wave. The entire Gulf coastline would be vulnerable, if the tsunami is manifest. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia might experience the effects of the tsunami according to some sources.

Second Tsunami via Vaporisation

After several billion barrels of oil and billions of cubic feet of gas have been released, the massive cavity beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalise, allowing freezing water to be forced naturally into the huge cavity where the oil and gas once were. The temperature in that cavity can be extremely hot at around 150 degrees celsius or more. The incoming water will be vaporised and turned into steam, creating an enormous force, which could actually lift the Gulf floor. According to computer models, a second massive tsunami wave might occur.

Conclusion

The danger of loss of buoyancy and cascading tsunamis in the Gulf of Mexico — caused by the release of the massive methane and poisonous gas bubble — has been a much lower probability in the early period of the crisis, which began on April 20th. However, as time goes by and the risk increases, this low probability high impact scenario ought not to be ignored, given that the safety and security of the personnel involved remains paramount. Could this be how nature eventually seals the hole created by the Gulf of Mexico oil gusher?”

[Read Full Threat Assessment]

Post to Twitter Post to Delicious Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

No related posts.
click to delete

.. You know what folks all I'm waiting for at this point is for Obama to fly to Israel and declare himself God! On the Temple Mount... if you know your biblical history you know what happens next..

Shady

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:09 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Shock Journalism and BP's Professional 'Journalists'
Lynnwood wrote:

NEWSFLASH - BEFOREITSNEWS.COM is NOT AN AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE.

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking that.

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:00 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Shock Journalism and BP's Professional 'Journalists'
True..

But they give the links to the ORIGINAL source in the copy of the post.

Do you read that far down Shawnna before going on a debunker crusade?

Shady

Shawnna wrote:
Lynnwood wrote:

NEWSFLASH - BEFOREITSNEWS.COM is NOT AN AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE.

Thank you! I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking that.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next