It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.5 2010 
Truth Seeker

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 5.5
L2L maybe am being fortunate enough but I have not encountered any of the issues you and other's seem to have.

Then again am on a 50mb connection which might make some difference.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 pm
GT Truther

That very well may be the real case.

Our genetic creators (but nto the ultimate Creator) may have arrived on this planet some six million years ago with the intent to sub breed. A docile and sub servent (not nessary a slave) cross speieces them and spieces of this planet namely our ancestory ape linedge.

They guided this sub species from millions of years ago and well up apporx 5000 BC. But at some point we "out grew" our Masters and creators and using the technology and wisdom became a threat to not only them but indeed this quarter of galaxy itself. Instead of remainning docile pet like. We became aggressive and crafty also possiblly driven by ambition as well.

At some point we challenged them and LOST. Instead of wiping us out it was deemed by the "Galatic Federatiion" that our culture was driven back to stone age. All that was before was destoried and a series of control messures "over seers" were put ot place so that we would never rise again and become a problem to to them out there.

Take for example Charles Hall accounts and discriptions of the "Tall Whites" aka Nordics he claims that was in contact with and assigned to by the Military. One one level Hall was treated and allowed among them as a "pet" as long as he exhibited no aggression (by their own standards) and remained sub sevent to them. They accepted and respected him. Yet, they also exhibited great fear and appearhension towards humans among them as well.. and as Hall recalles a few times they were ready to fire and kill the humans in their midsts.

Why be fearful of inferrer and by alien standards; an alien race. Unless that race has potential to a threat to their own.

We may be very well living on some sort of Prision Planet where

A. We kept here isolated and primative. With every few milliana visited and tested to see if we are becoming "wise" to our situlation and or have technologically advanced to become a threat to them again. If it deemed we have. Its "Cull them! And once again destory and install a new class of 'over seer.'
B. Other spieces out there want that aggressiveness and intelligence streak in us breed into their own spieces to assure their surivial out there and thus the need for study, abduction and harvesting of genetic material.
C. Other species out there that see it in their own best interests. See a need to "re-awaken" the Human Race so that the Humans become 'top dog' out there. Yet this senerino serves ultimately not humanity needs or wants but theirs.l
D. An finally there might very well be spieces out there that object to dictates of the Galatic Federation and are fast at work at setting us "free" and totally independent even if that means humans taking over.

But what ever is the case ultimately, for night now; humanity is kept dumbed down and tied down to this third rock from the sun..

As dark and sinister as it was.. Look at what happened to us in World War II. The whole Northern Hemisphere of this planet was unified in one thing warfare. And we were so good at it Not one major middle ages city of Europe got away without being bombed and reduced to rubble, And even though as horrific as it was. There is not one little kid (now men) reading herel that didn't play "solider" at one point or another in their childhood and worse of all enjoy it at on scale or another... Be we from The Netherlands, German, American, French or British..

Why I still have my Tin Solider collection of the Battle of Waterloo and after posting this will head of for a few hours to engage in the world of Warcraft online with millions of others across this globe and engage in fantasy slaughter just to let off a little steam.

Why is it that we humans have this aggression streak in us? I really don't think it was point their by our genetic creators but was natural state of this planet. And that may have been their critual mistake when they began to hybridize us from our primative ancestory. They did the worst mistake any advanced spieces could.. They gave us the intelligence to build space craft and carry that trait out into the stars. And because of the original mistake.

Its been the Prime Directive.... Keep the Humans Earthbound at all costs and safely isolated for our protection...

Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a millenia ago. They were...more trouble than they were worth.
-Worf, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, “Homefront” (And no, I don’t know why it is one millennia...)

That may have been the real case on this planet Earth a millennium ago on this planet. We may have very well rose up and slew the Gods of Eden... and lost ... and since then punished with imprisonment

Shady

paracelsus wrote:
I believe we are a powerful race. If the annunaki made us to be a slave race to become cheap labor, they had to control us.

Last year i found this swiss website, concerning the positioning of the atlas.

http://www.atlasprofilax.ch/frontweb/index.php

It states that "the first cervical vertreba called ATLAS is dislocated (luxated) in almost every human being". In short, if you would align the atlas in its proper position it would align your complete spine. Last september I found a person in Amsterdam who learned the procedure from Schumperli in Switzerland. It took about ten minutes. The first thing that did correct was my pelvis. I had a difference of two cm between both legs. My neck feels straight now and my back is really straight (I am 2 m long). It is just straight without any effort. The past ten months I had all sorts of effects in my back, legs and neck. I feel strong and that is a strange powerful feeling. However my body is already 58 years old and will take more time to regenerate.

I think this is one of the keys to open the door to our original home or dimension or whatever you could call it. Not for our body but for our soul or god spark that we are, which is at present in prison. Who has more possible keys?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:14 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Where did the gods go?
L2L wrote:
you can expect an Administration Nuke Up Your Butt :roflmao :admin
L2L

hmmmm...Would that be a Mod 1, Mark 3 Administration Nuke Up Your Butt Nuke, or a Mod 1, Mark 4 Administration Nuke Up Your Butt Nuke L2L? Can you supply designer drawings or sketchplans please for our archives? There's some folks fiddling around down on the gulf could likely use one or nine. Thanks ever so much. I think I saw one of those go off not long ago. It was ugly. :roflmao

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:26 pm
Truth Seeker

UnifiedCause wrote:
paracelsus. Interesting post. I am glad and happy to see you have seen benefits. I am on 4 different types of medication. 3 for my stomach and one for Anxiety and Stress, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to regain my body as when i was a teenager, healthy and feeling soo strong.

I am no expert on Cancer. I hate the word and effect's it has on families of course. I don't know if Cancer has existed since Mankind. But for me Cancer has become soo popular over the last 20 years. I was naive in thinking that only 1-4 nukes have been deonated in my life. However I have read that since the 1940's over 2,000 atomic and nuclear bombs have been detonated on our planet. I might be wrong but I suspect this has played a major impact on the number of Cancer cases across the world including genetic alterations. I would like to be proven wrong, so if the reader can, please make me happy and do!.

Kind Regards.

In regards to cancer - I read an interesting book regarding the explosion of "soft tissue" cancer since the 50's, another theory maybe, but one that set off warning bells for me as I read the book - "Dr. Mary's Monkey" by Edward Haslam. He has a website -
http://doctormarysmonkey.com/

rainwoman

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 pm
GT Truther

UnifiedCause wrote:
Interesting post Shady. Sound's like your family and you went through a complete nightmare.

As you wrote you may believe they feeded off your attention which became worse as you noted them, I would believe if their goal is too feed off attention they would gain more by doing a mass event to show their presence which would no doubt gain the attention and fear, curiosity and other feeling's from billions of humans.

It would appear you and maybe many more are what would be deemed as social experiments, but to what purpose overall? Could it be more than simple feeding off energy? and could they not achieve this via programming the human mind and cloaking their presence?

Quote:
recall15:
By now, there is a convergence of all the sources...

By now everything will become a Fact!

You will see ...

recall15. I'll admit. I don't know what to interpt from the above. :hmm - Maybe I shall be enlightened one day? Or maybe that is one burden I don't need? Hmm.

Lol the letter C of your Avatar, tell all the tale!

ie: Periodic Aparition of Shiva The Destroyer/Nibiru

and the Associated periodic poleshift on planet Earth coded in Shiva Nataraja

http://a.imageshack.us/img15/6746/cernshiva.jpg

:wavey

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Quote:
recall15: Lol the letter C of your Avatar, tell all the tale!

When looking for my Avatar I went into Google Images. Typed Peace. And that image showed up. I liked the look of it so thought it would be good to use as an Avatar.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: Where did the gods go?
L2L wrote:
Exit wrote:
Sorry, double post... :embarressed

I think you deleted your first post by accident :dunno

I appologize for the slowness of the forum lately, it's obvioulsy beyond my control but I am bitchin about it believe me!

Even when I went to post this post it was delayed BIG TIME.

Folks do me a favour ONLY hit your Submit Button ONCE, it will eventually post I promise but if you do get tired of waiting just hit the submit button again and one of the staff will come along and delete the second post, thats what we are for... No one is going to give you heck for posting the same post twice believe me, unless your a spammer and then well you can expect an Administration Nuke Up Your Butt :roflmao :admin

We have been swamped with spammers the last couple of weeks so please bare with us as I work with our host to resolve the issues.

Again I appologize as I know how frustrating it can be..

L2L

Understood L2L
LOL L2L

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:57 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Shady Very informative posts Me likeys! ;)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 am
Profile YIM
Truth Seeker

Hi Shady, interesting post.

Thanks.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 am
GT Truther

Solar Flare Update

Fulcanelli, you posted:

Fulcanelli wrote:
Sunspot 1087 and Preparations for a Possible Direct Hit

From http://www.solarstormwarning.com/:

In a few more days, Sunspot 1087 will face directly towards Earth. This sun spot has been ejecting large c-class solar flares. You should note that should it erupt once again while it's still facing earth, then we will take a direct hit.

In the event it's becomes a massive x-class solar flare, the electromagnetic force will be extremely high, and thus the side of the earth that faces the sun at the moment of impact stands to lose all of their power for an unknown length of time. Such a blackout will most likely will be measured in weeks, if not months in length.

This is a good time as any to place a small bicycle in your car in the event your car breaks down from an EMP type event generated from a massive x-class solar flare. This way if you are miles away from home, you can still get back home as quickly as possible.

Please note: Further updates about this pending solar storm alert may not be possible, as the web could go down at anytime resulting from a direct hit from an x-class solar event over the next 15 days or so.

etc.

Thanks for the heads-up, Fulcanellli. Here's an update:

According to the very reliable and current SpaceWeather.com http://www.spaceweather.com/, as of this morning July 14, 11:16 am EDT, sunspot 1087 is slowly decaying, but still capable of C-Class flares. I recommend bookmarking the SpaceWeather site for good current information.

C-Class flares, however, are not particularly harmful and actually relatively common. See the discussion here of solar flare classifications: http://www.spaceweather.com/glossary/flareclasses.html?PHPSESSID=2hvcc01i1m3tetq0ktsnepmnk7 It's the big X-Class that can affect satellites or electronics. We did actually have some of these at the close of the last solar cycle a couple of years ago, including a monster X-6 http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2000/ast14jul_2m/, but fortunately nothing major happened.

Your suggestions are good ones. We have rigged up an empty drawer in an old metal filing cabinet in the basement with some padding and pillowcases for quickly stashing laptops, cameras etc in case of warning. We normally store all our flash drives in a sealed empty paint can there, too, along with a fresh roll of aluminum foil and an old pillowcase (insulation) for wrapping larger stuff that can't be carried, and also a list of items that will need stashing - so I won't have to think too clearly if we only get a few minutes warning.... :spit

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:48 am
Site Admin

Quote:
We have rigged up an empty drawer in an old metal filing cabinet in the basement with some padding and pillowcases for quickly stashing laptops, cameras etc in case of warning. We normally store all our flash drives in a sealed empty paint can there, too, along with a fresh roll of aluminum foil and an old pillowcase (insulation) for wrapping larger stuff that can't be carried, and also a list of items that will need stashing - so I won't have to think too clearly if we only get a few minutes warning....

:heart :clap Selene! You have been reading my mind! I've been wondering what/how to protect some of this stuff at home.

I love the empty paint can idea for the flash drives. Would it work for the cell phones, too?

Hmmmm - do you think we should start a thread on Survival Strategies for CMEs in the Survival zone?

How do I go about protecting my car? I already have a bike but the car? :huh

Just when I get a little bit complacent about my preps - up pops another thing to think about!

:wavey Fulcanelli & Selene

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 am
GT Truther

Just a little tribute to Kiligons of HUMAN History :-) and ultimatly why the ET's don't show themselves to humanity... after all this SPIRIT resides in all of us....

Quote:
The People and Culture of Ancient Sparta, Greece

Spartan
Education & Military Training

The primary purpose of Spartan education, and indeed of Spartan society as a whole, differed greatly from that of the Athenians. The primary goal of Spartan education was to produce good soldiers. Training for the military began at age 7, as all Spartan boys left home to go to military school. From then until the time they were 18, they were subject to harsh training and discipline. Historical accounts tell of Spartan boys as being allowed no shoes, very few clothes, and being taught to take pride in enduring pain and hardship.(1)

Throughout their adolescent and teenage years, Spartan boys were required to become proficient in all manner of military activities. They were taught boxing, swimming, wrestling, javelin-throwing, and discus-throwing. They were trained to harden themselves to the elements. At the age of 18, Spartan boys had to go out into the world and steal their food. Getting caught would result in harsh punishment, including flogging, which was usually a practice reserved only for slaves. The concept was that a soldier must learn stealth and cunning.

At age 20, Spartan men had to pass a series of demanding tests of physical prowess and leadership abilities. Those that passed became members of the Spartan military, and lived in barracks with the other soldiers. They were allowed to take a wife, but they weren't allowed to live with her. At age 30, they became full citizens of Sparta, provided they had served honorably. They were required to continue serving the military, however, until age 60.

Unlike their Athenian counterparts, Spartan girls also went to school at age seven. There they learned gymnastics, wrestling, and did calisthenics. These schools were similar in many ways to the schools Spartan boys attended, as it was the Spartan opinion that strong women produced strong babies, which would then grow into strong soldiers to serve the state.(1)

Somewhat ironically, women in Sparta had much more independence than women in other city-states, partially because their husbands never lived at home, and partially because Spartans had tremendous respect for Spartan mothers.

While no marvelous works of art or literature ever came of this system, it did accomplish the Spartan goal of producing elite soldiers. The Spartan military was universally disliked, but they were also universally respected

From the Movie 300, which was based on actual Battle Thermopylae in which Just 300 Spartan Warriors held a critual mountion pass preventing for two months the ENTIRE Ancient Persian Amry an estimated 1,000,000 (one Million men lead by Persian god-King Xerxes

Think of it folks 300 men holding off a 1,000,000 man army!

HAIL TO YOU King Leonidas I and Long Live Sparta!!

Your battle and sacrifice at Thermopylas is a testament to the Power, Strength and Courage that lays dormant in the Human Race.

To mention Battle of Thermopylae in Iraq and Iran today can still literally get your head chopped off by the locals.. Which the Perisans STILL view as humiliating defeat.

We don't need to send 500,000 American Soilders into Iraq and Iran, umm 10,000 cloned Ancient Spartian Warriors would do the job of taking Persia nicely in a few days! ;)

The Ultimate epic battle.

300: Final Fight Sequence (Death of Leonidas)

Quote:
Battle of Thermopylae
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Date August 7[1] or September 8–10,[2] 480 BC

The site of the battle today.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _large.jpg

The road to the right is built on reclaimed land and approximates the 480BC shoreline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

The Battle of Thermopylae (pronounced /θərˈmɒpɨliː/, thər-MOP-i-lee; Greek: Θερμοπύλαι) was fought between an alliance of Greek city-states, led by Sparta, and the Persian Empire of Xerxes I over the course of three days, during the second Persian invasion of Greece. It took place simultaneously with the naval battle at Artemisium, in August or September 480 BC, at the pass of Thermopylae ('The Hot Gates'). The Persian invasion was a delayed response to the defeat of the first Persian invasion of Greece, which had been ended by the Athenian victory at the Battle of Marathon. Xerxes had amassed a huge army and navy, and set out to conquer all of Greece. The Athenian general Themistocles had proposed that the Allied Greeks block the advance of the Persian army at the pass of Thermopylae, and simultaneously block the Persian navy at the Straits of Artemisium.

An Allied force of approximately 7,000 men thus marched north to block the pass in the summer of 480 BC. The Persian army, alleged by the ancient sources to have numbered in the millions, arrived at the pass in late August or early September. Vastly outnumbered, the Greeks held off the Persians for seven days in total (including three of battle), before the rear-guard was annihilated in one of history's most famous last stands. During two full days of battle, the small force led by King Leonidas I of Sparta blocked the only road by which the massive Persian army could pass. After the second day of battle, a local resident named Ephialtes betrayed the Greeks by revealing a small path that led behind the Greek lines. Aware that his force was being outflanked, Leonidas dismissed the bulk of the Greek army, and remained to guard the rear with 300 Spartans, 700 Thespians, 400 Thebans and perhaps a few hundred others, the vast majority of whom were killed.

After this engagement, the Allied navy at Artemisium received news of the defeat at Thermopylae. Since their strategy required both Thermopylae and Artemisium to be held, and given their losses, the Allied navy decided to withdraw to Salamis. The Persians overran Boeotia and then captured the evacuated Athens. However, seeking a decisive victory over the Persian fleet, the Allied Greek fleet attacked and defeated the invaders at the Battle of Salamis in late 480 BC. Fearing to be trapped in Europe, Xerxes withdrew with much of his army to Asia, leaving Mardonius to complete the conquest of Greece. The following year, however, saw an Allied army decisively defeat the Persians at the Battle of Plataea, thereby ending the Persian invasion.

Both ancient and modern writers have used the Battle of Thermopylae as an example of the power of a patriotic army of freemen defending native soil. The performance of the defenders at the battle of Thermopylae is also used as an example of the advantages of training, equipment, and good use of terrain as force multipliers and has become a symbol of courage against overwhelming odds

Some might find it offensive that I honor and pay tribute to Warrior.. To them I say learn your human history and learn it well. There have been alot alot more noble Warriors in our history and legacy then mystical peaceful pacifistic prophets.

Shady

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:09 am
GT Truther

Hi, Blue!

You asked:

Bluebonnet wrote:
I love the empty paint can idea for the flash drives. Would it work for the cell phones, too?

I don't see why not. The idea was to find a tightly enclosed all-metal space for stuff (with some cotton or silk fabric for insulation to keep any metal of your 'good' stuff from acting as a conductor if contacting the metal outer shell protection). The 'stuff' quickly outgrew the paint can... Onward to the file cabinet...!

And a thread on EMP protection is probably a good idea, too, for the Survival section.

Cheers,

Selene

P.S. Yanno those metal tins that Christmas cookies come in......? Very handy, also.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 am
GT Truther

Advanced Alien Technology??? Na just good old fashioned Ancient Human engineering. :)

Quote:
Archimedes's flaming cannon reconstructed
Quote:

Posted on Wednesday, 14 July, 2010 | 4 comments

Did Greek inventor Archimedes build a pressurized steam cannon to fire projectiles at Roman ships ?

Did the ancient Greek inventor Archimedes build a solar-powered steam cannon that fired flaming projectiles? That's the suggestion of an Italian engineer who has come up with a design for such a weapon.

One of the most controversial stories is that Archimedes set fire to Roman ships by focusing the sun's rays onto them with concave mirrors.

View: Full article | Source: New Scientist

Reconstructed: Archimedes's flaming steam cannon

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... annon.html

* 16:30 13 July 2010 by Jo Marchant
* For similar stories, visit the Histories and Weapons Technology Topic Guides

Interactive graphic: A steam cannon with mirrors

Did the ancient Greek inventor Archimedes build a solar-powered steam cannon that fired flaming projectiles? That's the suggestion of an Italian engineer who has come up with a design for such a weapon.

Archimedes is said to have built fantastic machines of war, ranging from catapults to giant claws, that were used against the Romans during their siege of Syracuse, Sicily, in the third century BC.

One of the most controversial stories is that Archimedes set fire to Roman ships by focusing the sun's rays onto them with concave mirrors. Sceptics say it would be impossible to use mirrors to keep the sun's rays focused on a moving ship. What's more, they say, the fires would start slowly and could easily be put out by those on board.

Now Cesare Rossi of the University of Naples Federico II suggests an alternative scenario.

He points out that several scholars, including Petrarch and Leonardo da Vinci, wrote that Archimedes invented a cannon which used pressurised steam to force a projectile out of the barrel at high speed. In 2006 a team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology constructed such a cannon to their own design and successfully tested it.
Smoke and mirrors

Rossi reckons that steam cannon could explain the mirror legend. He suggests that such a cannon could have been heated by sun-focusing mirrors, while the projectiles would have been hollow and filled with an incendiary fluid – perhaps a mixture of sulphur, bitumen, pitch and calcium oxide. Rossi has worked out a possible design for the cannon.

Although using mirrors in this way might seem impractical, Rossi says it would have made sense for the Syracusans to avoid using open fires as the cannons would have been positioned on the city walls, on platforms made of wood.

Rossi calculates that a cannonball measuring 20 centimetres across would have weighed around 6 kilograms and could have been fired from the gun at 60 metres per second. A gun positioned 10 metres above sea level and firing at an angle of 10 degrees to the horizontal would have had a range of around 150 metres.

Historians who specialise in ancient technology say his idea is entertaining, but they doubt if anything similar was ever built.

Serafina Cuomo of Imperial College London, UK, says there is no convincing evidence that Archimedes used steam cannon.She says that Archimedes's fame in medieval times led da Vinci and other scholars to attribute any impressive inventions they heard about to him. "Archimedes became a quasi-mythical icon of the scientist capable of constructing incredible weapons," she says.

Tracey Rihll at Swansea University, UK, notes that Rossi doesn't explain why the hollow clay cannonballs didn't break apart when they were fired. Catapults would be a more practical way of hurling flaming projectiles, she says.

Reference: The Genius of Archimedes: 23 centuries of influence on mathematics, science and engineering (Eds: S. A. Paipetis and Marco Ceccarelli, Springer)

If you would like to reuse any content from New Scientist, either in print or online, please contact the syndication department first for permission. New Scientist does not own rights to photos, but there are a variety of licensing options available for use of articles and graphics we own the copyright to.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 am
GT Truther

Quoting Selene

"Your suggestions are good ones. We have rigged up an empty drawer in an old metal filing cabinet in the basement with some padding and pillowcases for quickly stashing laptops, cameras etc in case of warning. We normally store all our flash drives in a sealed empty paint can there, too, along with a fresh roll of aluminum foil and an old pillowcase (insulation) for wrapping larger stuff that can't be carried, and also a list of items that will need stashing - so I won't have to think too clearly if we only get a few minutes warning.... :spit "

What Selene is mentioning here are pieces and parts to put together a Faraday Cage. Excellent prep plan and worthy of everyone's attention. There's a lot of information available through a Google regarding different approaches to building a Faraday Cage, and a very good idea to put a plan together to attempt protecting prioritized items of importance. One of the down and dirty methods with very short notice of an electronics killing burst is a microwave oven. Basically, that's what a microwave box/lattice does from the inside out, stop leakage of highly energetic bandwidths of radiation. But truly, as Selene hints in her note, anything securely wrapped in aluminum foil in a box, pillow case, steel cabinets, floor-safe, etc. are better than nuthin'. I would pay a bit more attention to making certain the "box" is amply grounded though, because the real secret to a Faraday is that it dissipates a charge more slowly than a poorly grounded circuit which then blows the nearby circuits to uselessness. I really don't think you can protect all the computer boards in modern automobiles adequately to expect cars to run if hit by a real doozie of an EMP. Maybe your riding lawnmower and cars assembled in the sixties or before with new condensers installed and perhaps the components built of lighter grade wiring replaced. Of course military vehicles and some emergency vehicles are said to be hard-hard wired to resist EMP strikes, but that remains to be seen.

It used to be automobile tires were great protection from highly energized sources (lightning bolts, downed powerlines etc.) but that was when tires actually were rubber instead of the petroleum based, steel belting and gum materials of modern tires. Cars are no longer spike proof with the amalgam of materials they are comprised of now and likely won't survive a true EMP shot. The computers control every aspect of a modern engine. No computer chips no locomotion.

This is such an expansive topic with so many variables and important aspects, it should indeed be in one of the prep threads elsewhere.

The effects of EMP have been the elephant in the living room for decades now. The military industrial complex is scared stiff a third world power will opt for an EMP burst over the US or the sun spitting up on them. The effects of any disruption in the power grid would be sooooo ugly.

Glad to breathe that sigh of relief as home turns away from the fury of sol's majesty yet again. Grist

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 am
GT Truther

Thanks, Grist.

'Faraday cage' is indeed the search term that had escaped me...

And the microwave oven idea is outstanding. Very quick and anyone can use it. Thanks!

:wavey

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 am
Site Admin

:heart Grist! The microwave idea is excellent!

I'm going to do more research on this subject and post it in the Survival Section. :clap

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:49 am
GT Truther

No folks this is no joke... the story traces back to Worldnetdaily.

I wonder if they train the poor little fellow to scream out Allahu Akbar before every attack.. Hey I wonder what's next with Islamic Nazi's. Road side camel bombers with igniting deadly enhanced flatulate bombs? I can hear it now.. "Duck! Fire in the Hole! Fire in the Hole! He's chewing curd!"

Quote:
Planet of the apes: Monkeys taught to shoot Americans?

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/99/832/P ... icans.html

WASHINGTON – Afghanistan's Taliban terrorists are training monkeys to shoot American soldiers with automatic weapons, according to British and Chinese media agencies.

In the Taliban stronghold of Waziristan, journalists took pictures of some "monkey soldiers" holding AK-47s and Bren light machine guns.

The official People's Daily in China explained the emergence of "monkey soldiers" as just another facet of "asymmetrical warfare."

"The United States launched the war in Afghanistan using the world's most advanced weapons, such as highly-intelligent robots to detect bombs on roadsides and unmanned aerial vehicles to attack major Taliban targets," said the report. "In response, the Taliban forces have tried any possible means and figured out a method to train monkeys as 'replacement killers'" against American troops.

The Chinese state report also said the Taliban was using the monkeys "to arouse Western animal protectionists to pressure their governments towithdraw troops from Afghanistan."

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/99/832/P ... icans.html

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=177769

click to delete

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:07 pm
GT Truther

Life on Earth wiped out every 27 million years

Quote:
A comet striking Earth was behind the extinction of the dinosaurs

A comet striking Earth was behind the extinction of the dinosaurs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... years.html

Life on Earth is wiped out every 27 million years – and we have about 16 million years left until the next extinction, according to scientists.

Research into so-called ‘extinction events’ for our planet over the past 500 million years - twice as long as any previous studies - has proved that they crop up with metronomic regularity.

Scientists from the University of Kansas and the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC are 99 per cent confident that there are extinctions every 27 million years.

In the 1980s scientists believed that Earth’s regular extinctions could be the result of a distant dark twin of the Sun, called Nemesis.

The theory was that Nemesis crashed through the Oort cloud every 27 million years and sent a shower of comets in our direction.

The Oort cloud is a vast belt of dust and ice that is believed to lie around one light year from the Sun and is the origin of many of the comets that pass through our solar system.

But now scientists claim that the regularity of the mass extinctions actually disproves the Nemesis theory because its orbit would have changed over time as it interacted with other stars.

Continue www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article ... years.html
click to delete

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:46 pm
GT Truther

Hi, Shady -

Shady Groves wrote:
Planet of the apes: Monkeys taught to shoot Americans?
Story above...

I think the Americans have got them beat here - the Navy has been training dolphins for warfare since the 1960's. *Some say* ;) training them to attack divers on command by removing their scuba gear.... And with the Navy involved, who knows what else they're up to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_dolphin#United_States_Navy_dolphins

Reprehensible, no matter who started it.

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:03 pm
Truth Seeker

This is shocking. Outrageous. Makes my own blood boil and demon's lurking for these alleged Police.

Source:
Code:
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0713/oakland-fires-80-police-officers-lists-crimes-longer-respond/

Oakland fires 80 police officers, lists crimes cops will no longer respond to

Quote:
The Oakland Police Department is feeling the burn of California's unending budget crisis, as 80 officers were laid off Tuesday night after negotiations between city and police union failed to reach an accord.

The department's chief had said in recent days that unless the city could meet the union's demands, officers would no longer respond in person to register sex offenders, or for reports of vehicle accidents, grand theft, identity theft, burglary, embezzlement, vandalism, stray animals and others.

Instead, victims in most non-emergency situations are being directed to file reports over the Internet. Police say the move will help them better focus on emergencies and violent crime.

In Oakland, one of the nation's most crime-plagued cities, non-violent reports make up about a quarter of 911 calls, according to area reports. The 80 officers laid off constitute about 10 percent of the police department's total manpower.

Tuesday's layoffs complete an action taken by the city council, which voted on June 25 to axe the jobs. If the city's voters refuse this November to approve new taxes, another 122 Oakland officers will be out of a job by January 1, 2011.

Union and city officials had been in talks to save the jobs by requiring police to contribute 9 percent of their paychecks to pension funds: something already required of other city employees. The police union balked and demanded Oakland ensure that if they agreed, no officers would be laid off for another three years. The city could not make such a promise, so the impasse grew.

"In a press conference tonight Brunner said the city’s final offer was to allow police union members to pay 4% of their pension now and an additional 3% come July 1, 2011," California Beat reported. "Because the union had already agreed to pay 2% beginning January 2013, officers would have contributed the 9% the city sought, Brunner said.

"But representatives [still] held out for the three-year layoff moratorium."

The Associated Press added: "Police Chief Anthony Batts said many of the officers laid off were on the front lines last week, trying to control protesters after former Bay Area Rapid Transit officer Johannes Mehserle was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the shooting of an unarmed black man in 2009."

A police union official told California Beat they will move forward by lobbying the city to reinstate the fired officers' jobs.

Layoffs leave the Oakland Police Department with just under 700 officers to enforce laws in a city of nearly 400,000.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 pm
GT Truther

Grist von Zweifel wrote:
Quoting Selene

"Your suggestions are good ones. We have rigged up an empty drawer in an old metal filing cabinet in the basement with some padding and pillowcases for quickly stashing laptops, cameras etc in case of warning. We normally store all our flash drives in a sealed empty paint can there, too, along with a fresh roll of aluminum foil and an old pillowcase (insulation) for wrapping larger stuff that can't be carried, and also a list of items that will need stashing - so I won't have to think too clearly if we only get a few minutes warning.... :spit "

What Selene is mentioning here are pieces and parts to put together a Faraday Cage. Excellent prep plan and worthy of everyone's attention. There's a lot of information available through a Google regarding different approaches to building a Faraday Cage, and a very good idea to put a plan together to attempt protecting prioritized items of importance. One of the down and dirty methods with very short notice of an electronics killing burst is a microwave oven. Basically, that's what a microwave box/lattice does from the inside out, stop leakage of highly energetic bandwidths of radiation. But truly, as Selene hints in her note, anything securely wrapped in aluminum foil in a box, pillow case, steel cabinets, floor-safe, etc. are better than nuthin'. I would pay a bit more attention to making certain the "box" is amply grounded though, because the real secret to a Faraday is that it dissipates a charge more slowly than a poorly grounded circuit which then blows the nearby circuits to uselessness. I really don't think you can protect all the computer boards in modern automobiles adequately to expect cars to run if hit by a real doozie of an EMP. Maybe your riding lawnmower and cars assembled in the sixties or before with new condensers installed and perhaps the components built of lighter grade wiring replaced. Of course military vehicles and some emergency vehicles are said to be hard-hard wired to resist EMP strikes, but that remains to be seen.

It used to be automobile tires were great protection from highly energized sources (lightning bolts, downed powerlines etc.) but that was when tires actually were rubber instead of the petroleum based, steel belting and gum materials of modern tires. Cars are no longer spike proof with the amalgam of materials they are comprised of now and likely won't survive a true EMP shot. The computers control every aspect of a modern engine. No computer chips no locomotion.

This is such an expansive topic with so many variables and important aspects, it should indeed be in one of the prep threads elsewhere.

The effects of EMP have been the elephant in the living room for decades now. The military industrial complex is scared stiff a third world power will opt for an EMP burst over the US or the sun spitting up on them. The effects of any disruption in the power grid would be sooooo ugly.

Glad to breathe that sigh of relief as home turns away from the fury of sol's majesty yet again. Grist

So, am I to understand that my 4 cycle gas powered 5kw stand-by generator is safe from CME, if it operates with a magnito, but NOT safe from CME/EMP if it has an electronic ignition.

OR...should I just play it safe and protect it somehow? (seems the best idea.)

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm
GT Truther

Hi, Unified -

You commented, re the cutbacks in police services in Oakland, California:

Unified Cause wrote:
This is shocking. Outrageous. Makes my own blood boil and demon's lurking for these alleged Police

It's worse than that, Unified.

It's really, really sad.

A product of the New [Crashing] Economy, this. The result of decreasing municipal tax revenues (does the word 'unemployment' ring a bell?) and increasing demand for welfare and social services, coupled with increased municipal debt loads.

Police, fire and public safety expenses are typically the largest single item in any municipal budget, comprising maybe 70-80% of the total outlay. And when their revenues are being shrunk by maybe one-quarter or by half and the cities have to borrow to meet their current expenses and nobody wants to lend because their credit ratings are also being cut, well - something's got to give: Library hours. Community centers. Road maintenance. Garbage pickup. And - inevitably - cut-to-the-bone budgets for police and emergency services.

Government services are set to implode, everywhere in the U.S.

It can't be helped, really.

We simply can't afford all the stuff we want or would like to have. Even good people (and I include the police, fire and emergency services here) can't work for free - they have mortgages and children too - and they are also losing their jobs :awe

No, the gub'mint will NOT come galloping to our rescue. It isn't good news, that's for sure.

If we can't re-think the way - and the basis on which - our communities help themselves, this is the wave of the future, I'm afraid.

But there might be something you can do to improve the situation.

Instead of disgust, maybe you'd like to volunteer some time with your local constabulary? An administrative desk job - even for a few hours - might free up a qualified officer and help put them back on the street..... Who knows? Your efforts might prove to be leading edge of the New Paradigm....[n.b. Voice of experience here, guys. I'm reasonably proud of my own accomplishments as a volunteer community organizer in my own Fair City...]

Cheers,

Selene

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm
GT Truther

Greetings epo3.
From what i gather, magnetos are basically bomb proof. In fact it has been suggested that the very early Ford automobiles and tractors will be about the only sure things to be on the road in the after. Anything solid state or computer controlled will be toast. These circuits are designed to run in states of miliamps and extremely low wattage and so will be counted on to crash and burn when enormous amounts of energy are shot through them in milliseconds. Yeah, I'd recommend getting spare electrical parts and either sealing them up in a Faraday cage well grounded or even burying them three or four feet beneath the surface of your yard or basement in those sealed paint cans suggested earlier or perhaps the old watertight ammo cases from army(s). Trouble with that is water incursion. It's going to take a good deal of forethought indeed. Of course what to do about liquid fuels to refill your supply? Likely no underground gasoline system pumps will work ever again and if they do you're not likely to be able to purchase from those supplies. That stuff will be for military and whatever superior armed warlords are in your region. Don't stock up on ridiculous amounts of petrol. It goes bad within a year any more and it's incredibly unstable and dangerous near humans. Good luck. There's lots of expert conjecture on EMP proofing. I'm by no means and expert, but have been a student of the possibles for a while. I suggest that you might look into wind power or even solar power kits to stash in pieces and resurrect as able when things settle down. You will have to guard them with your life however so keep portability and security in mind.

High regards and hopes for everyone's energy security, Grist

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 pm
GT Truther

Selene wrote:
Hi, Unified -

You commented, re the cutbacks in police services in Oakland, California:

Unified Cause wrote:
This is shocking. Outrageous. Makes my own blood boil and demon's lurking for these alleged Police

It's worse than that, Unified.

It's really, really sad.

A product of the New [Crashing] Economy, this. The result of decreasing municipal tax revenues (does the word 'unemployment' ring a bell?) and increasing demand for welfare and social services, coupled with increased municipal debt loads.

Police, fire and public safety expenses are typically the largest single item in any municipal budget, comprising maybe 70-80% of the total outlay. And when their revenues are being shrunk by maybe one-quarter or by half and the cities have to borrow to meet their current expenses and nobody wants to lend because their credit ratings are also being cut, well - something's got to give: Library hours. Community centers. Road maintenance. Garbage pickup. And - inevitably - cut-to-the-bone budgets for police and emergency services.

Government services are set to implode, everywhere in the U.S.

It can't be helped, really.

We simply can't afford all the stuff we want or would like to have. Even good people (and I include the police, fire and emergency services here) can't work for free - they have mortgages and children too - and they are also losing their jobs :awe

No, the gub'mint will NOT come galloping to our rescue. It isn't good news, that's for sure.

If we can't re-think the way - and the basis on which - our communities help themselves, this is the wave of the future, I'm afraid.

But there might be something you can do to improve the situation.

Instead of disgust, maybe you'd like to volunteer some time with your local constabulary? An administrative desk job - even for a few hours - might free up a qualified officer and help put them back on the street..... Who knows? Your efforts might prove to be leading edge of the New Paradigm....[n.b. Voice of experience here, guys. I'm reasonably proud of my own accomplishments as a volunteer community organizer in my own Fair City...]

Cheers,

Selene

Dear Selene - Thank you. Your approach toward a solution is indeed important to a new paradigm. We must become active citizenry again if we can hope to maintain our society. Your positive actions help to forestall negative reactions. You lead by doing and that's the kind of leadership most needed in society from here on out. Again, thank you. I'll talk to my chief of police this week in my tiny town. I'm too ancient and no longer physically capable of being a fireman or deputy, but i can sure type up a storm, sweep the office, and answer the phones. :banana

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next