It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 6.0 2011 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 6.0 2011
Dex wrote:
Dondep wrote:

5) the Wind Walker mishap.

#1,2,4,5): notice these are USSR and China, which got me thinking
WHY?
Perhaps this is a test by Off worlds beings to see how those that are the 2nd and 3rd powers of world will react.
Off worlds beings probably have given up on the western world.

Perhaps this is to take the wind out of the TPBe project blue beam.
So when PTBe try to roll it out those large powers of USSR and China will just laugh at the fake blue beam.

#5) I suspect this is Willie Windwalker Gibson is a Cherokee and Irish Contactee:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psi-fi-para-radio/2010/07/26/ufo-summer-skywatchers-2010-with-willie-windwalker
DEX can explain, why this is important?

Not to belittle today's event.
As for the earthquake, could be that just like HARRP is suppose to cause earth quakes. :flame
Perhaps off worlds beings are using tractor beams to shake up the #1 western government. :hmm
There by calling the end the secret treaty contract? :hmm
Calling for the end to the secrets, and like China we should be reporting the truth about Off worlds beings, rather than covering it up. :hmm

This scene from STTNG comes to mind;
where the planet is in chaos,
and its entire population in the grip of mass hysteria
and all of them believe their world is coming to an end.
(Sounds like 2012 et al. Déjà vu ;) )

And just like us, that world in the TNG episode had a contract/treaty with off world being(s).

Perhaps we are still being experimented upon to gauge the Human reactions? :popcorn

MT7, Alive in the Human Experiment

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 pm
GT Truther

63 Documents the Government Doesn't Want You to Read [Hardcover]

Jesse Ventura: Documents the Government doesn't want you to read!!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:

Ah the flamboyant:

Good for him his heart is right place.
He carries a lot of cred with the NASTAR crowd.
which should help with the awaking to the truth!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:16 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: 6.0 ROCKS DC, TREMORS FELT AS FAR AWAY AS MANHATTAN
Dondep wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: 5.9 EARTHQUAKE HITS DC AREA, TREMORS FELT IN MANHATTAN, OHIO, NORTH CAROLINA.....FEDERAL BUILDINGS EVACUATED

I was just typing a response to an email about the 5.3 Colorado quake yesterday when my chair and desk started rumbling and shaking. Same with the TV and the floor; I've never been in an earthquake before, so this was a novel experience for me. I jumped outta my seat and into the shower, not sure if maybe a huge truck might've passed in front of the house, and by the time I got out I saw CNN ablaze with coverage of the quake, which was apparently centered in northern Virginia. It was felt on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, and the Pentagon and Capitol buildings are being evacuated, among others.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -dc-area/1

USA Today wrote:
5.9 magnitude quake rocks East Coast

Update at 2:16 p.m. ET: Fox News reports that JFK airport has been shut down because of the quake.

Update at 2:15 p.m. ET: "It scared the heck out of me, I'm still shaking," said Joan Morris, spokewoman for the northern district of the Virginia Department of Transportation. A few minutes after the quake, there were no reports of damage to roads or bridges in the state, Morris said.

Update at 2:13 p.m. ET: The USGS now puts the magnitude of the quake at 5.9.

Update at 2:12 p.m. ET: The quake could be felt in McLean, Va., headquarters of USA TODAY. It caused the building to sway. Some items could be heard falling from shelves. A number of employees went left the building.

Update at 2:10 p.m. ET: NBC reports that the quake was centered nine miles from Mineral, Va., which is 100 miles south of Washington, D.C.

Says Doug Kammerer, meteorlogist with the NBC affiliate in Washington, calls the tremor a "very big earthquake for our area."

The quake struck around 1:15 p.m. ET and lasted for about 30 to 45 seconds.

There have been no reports of injuries or widespread damage.

Update at 2p.m. ET: Reuters reports a 6.0 magnitude earthquake centered near Mineral, Va., rocked the mid-Atlantic states and was felt as far north at Manhattan and as far south as North Carolina.

Update at 1:57 p.m. ET:The Associated Press reports that the Pentagon is being evacuated.

An apparent earthquake rocks Washington, D.C. area.

Fox news reports that several public buildings, including the Capitol, have been evacuated.

Don, I must admit I laughed out loud at your description of your first earthquake experience. Seriously though, they can be frightening, I know. Have you seen this?

Earthquake Puts Crack In Washington Monument
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/2 ... 34833.html

Quote:
..."WASHINGTON -- The National Park Service says engineers have found a crack near the top of the Washington Monument presumably caused by a magnitude-5.8 earthquake that shook the East Coast.

Park service spokesman Bill Line said Tuesday night that structural engineers found the crack where the 555-foot landmark narrows considerably.

He says the monument will be closed indefinitely to keep the public safe...."

More at the link.

Incredible coincidence... a CRACK AT THE TOP, where the CAPSTONE starts?

WOW. To occultists, it must seem as if God himself has spoken. It's things like this that give me hope, --- like what are the chances of that happening....now? It must be a message of intelligent design to the cabal that they are losing the battle. They are "cut off". Totally incredible.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 am
Site Admin

Quote:
More at the link.

WOW. To occultists, it must seem as if God himself has spoken. It's things like this that give me hope, --- like what are the chances of that happening....now? It must be a message of intelligent design to the cabal that they are losing the battle. They are "cut off". Totally incredible

:clap :heart Lynnwood - straight to the heart of the matter! :clap

Laus Deo, indeed! :candle

Quote:
Can't sleep at night and you wonder why
Maybe God is trying to tell you something
Crying all night long, something's gone wrong

God Is Trying To Tell You Something
Written by- Andrae Crouch, Quincy Jones, Bill Maxwell & D.Del Sesto

Another 2012 moment? :hmm

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 am
GT Truther

Treasured Earth..many more specie discoveries...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20110824/D9PA5FI80.html

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 am

Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:
More at the link.

WOW. To occultists, it must seem as if God himself has spoken. It's things like this that give me hope, --- like what are the chances of that happening....now? It must be a message of intelligent design to the cabal that they are losing the battle. They are "cut off". Totally incredible

:clap :heart Lynnwood - straight to the heart of the matter! :clap

Laus Deo, indeed! :candle

Quote:
Can't sleep at night and you wonder why
Crying all night long, something's gone wrong

God Is Trying To Tell You Something
Written by- Andrae Crouch, Quincy Jones, Bill Maxwell & D.Del Sesto

Another 2012 moment? :hmm

Quite possible, Lynn and BB. I see no reason why "the good guys" can't use symbolism as message as well or better than the dark side. There is another possibility that crossed my mind. Who is to say if there really is a crack up there; no one will be allowed in now to verify it. Perhaps there is a reason why "they" don't want anybody poking around in the obelisk. I saw a program the other day where the "Grail" was being sought in places full of Freemason symbolism, one being the Washington Monument. I think the search for the Grail specifically is a red herring, but perhaps there is something up there that they want to hide from those whose interest was piqued by the program.... who knows. I wonder if there was structural damage to any other buildings in DC..

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 am
Profile YIM

To answer my own question in the previous post, from the Washington Post:

Quote:
Tuesday’s earthquake packed a punch, toppling pinnacles at the Washington National Cathedral, displacing more than 500 residents of two Prince George’s County apartment buildings and inflicting damage at dozens of schools in Fairfax County.

After a magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck the Washington area, residents and structures were shaken. The quake, at one point upgraded to a magnitude of 5.9, even caused damage to the Washington National Cathedral, sending one of its spires tumbling.

But more damage is likely to be uncovered in coming days, engineers and others said.

Small cracks can lead to big problems over time. Gas leaking from snapped pipes is among the most serious concerns, and utility companies urged residents who smell gas to evacuate their homes immediately and call 911. They also urged people to look for cracks in drywall, shifting foundations and tiny leaks in water pipes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ear ... story.html

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:45 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

rutsuyasun wrote:
To answer my own question in the previous post, from the Washington Post:

Quote:
Tuesday’s earthquake packed a punch, toppling pinnacles at the Washington National Cathedral, displacing more than 500 residents of two Prince George’s County apartment buildings and inflicting damage at dozens of schools in Fairfax County.

After a magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck the Washington area, residents and structures were shaken. The quake, at one point upgraded to a magnitude of 5.9, even caused damage to the Washington National Cathedral, sending one of its spires tumbling.

But more damage is likely to be uncovered in coming days, engineers and others said.

Small cracks can lead to big problems over time. Gas leaking from snapped pipes is among the most serious concerns, and utility companies urged residents who smell gas to evacuate their homes immediately and call 911. They also urged people to look for cracks in drywall, shifting foundations and tiny leaks in water pipes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ear ... story.html

Interesting symbolism, too, the spires of the National Cathedral?

Quote:
Spire
From Wikipedia,

A spire is a tapering conical or pyramidal structure on the top of a building, particularly a church tower. Etymologically, the word is derived from the Old English word spir, meaning a sprout, shoot, or stalk of grass.[1]

Symbolically, spires have two functions. The first is to proclaim a martial power. A spire, with its reminiscence of the spear point, gives the impression of strength. The second is to reach up toward the skies.[2] The celestial and hopeful gesture of the spire is one reason for its association with religious buildings.[citation needed] A spire on a church or cathedral is not just a symbol of piety, but is often seen as a symbol of the wealth and prestige of the order, or patron who commissioned the building.

snip

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spire

So who commissioned the National Cathedral?

Quote:
On January 24, 1791, President George Washington commissioned Major Pierre L’Enfant to create a visionary plan for the nation’s capital. It was L’Enfant who first imagined “a great church for national purposes.” Not until a century later, with support from community leaders such as Charles C. Glover, did plans for building Washington National Cathedral gain momentum.

1893: The most commanding spot in the city
On January 6, 1893, Congress granted a charter (incorporation papers) to the Protestant Episcopal Cathedral Foundation of the District of Columbia, allowing it to establish a cathedral and institutions of higher learning. Signed by President Benjamin Harrison, this charter is the birth certificate of Washington National Cathedral.

After his consecration in 1896, the Rt. Rev. Henry Yates Satterlee, the first bishop of Washington, secured land on Mount Saint Alban—the most commanding spot in the entire Washington area.

1907: The first stone
The longest-running construction project in Washington, D.C., history officially began on September 29, 1907, when workmen laid the Cathedral’s foundation stone. President Theodore Roosevelt and the Bishop of London spoke to a crowd of ten thousand. The stone itself came from a field near Bethlehem and was set into a larger piece of American granite. On it was the inscription: “The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:14).

snip
http://www.nationalcathedral.org/about/timeline.shtml#hist1

Ta da!

Hmmm - maybe not God but ole GW himself is speaking to the City named for him?

Quote:
20 I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.

21 This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

22 The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

23 Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

24 It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

25 There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

George Washington - On Political Parties
Washington's Farewell Address 1796

:mrgreen:

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 am
GT Truther

Post Re: 6.0 ROCKS DC, TREMORS FELT AS FAR AWAY AS MANHATTAN
Lynnwood wrote:
Don, I must admit I laughed out loud at your description of your first earthquake experience. Seriously though, they can be frightening, I know. Have you seen this?

Earthquake Puts Crack In Washington Monument
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/2 ... 34833.html

Quote:
..."WASHINGTON -- The National Park Service says engineers have found a crack near the top of the Washington Monument presumably caused by a magnitude-5.8 earthquake that shook the East Coast.

Park service spokesman Bill Line said Tuesday night that structural engineers found the crack where the 555-foot landmark narrows considerably.

He says the monument will be closed indefinitely to keep the public safe...."

More at the link.

WOW. To occultists, it must seem as if God himself has spoken. It's things like this that give me hope, --- like what are the chances of that happening....now? It must be a message of intelligent design to the cabal that they are losing the battle. They are "cut off". Totally incredible.

Yes, I saw that last night, but didn't make the connection you made. I concur with you and BB; it truly is "totally incredible". Very astute observation. I wonder too if Majestic/Sion got the message. Good thing Poster Boy for a fraudulent Disclosure 'retired' last month - yet again. This may signal it's for the last time, finally.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Neb-Heru, the Morning Star

Anton Parks on Nibiru:

" I am not in accord with author Zecharia Sitchin's thesis concerning Nibiru. I am absolutely certain that he describes Venus before it entered the orbit that we know today.

In my appendix to Ádam Genisiš, NEB-HERU, The Morning Star, I bring numerous new elements, in rapport with mythology, that explain that there existed a planet between Mars and Jupiter which I name Mulge (the Black Star). This planet was the base of the Life Designers in the solar system. I have evoked its existence in Le Secret des Etoiles Sombres.

I saw at the time that I received knowledge of this history that Venus was then its satellite. The war that brought the Anunna against their opponents exploded Mulge more than 10,000 years ago. When Mulge exploded, its satellite (the future Venus) was ejected and roamed in the solar system for several thousand years.

In the heart of the ancient Egyptians, Venus is Neb-Heru (the lord Horus), the avenger of his father Osiris. The funerary texts explain this marvelously and clearly associate Horus and afterwards the dead kings (the images of Horus) to the Morning Star.

I have compiled equally a large number of documents proving that Venus wasn't in the place where we know it before 3000 [B.C.E.] Numerous myths relate its wanderings in the solar system. I speak of it in my appendix. I am thus on this point in accord with the work of Immanuel Velikovsky (Worlds in Collision).

(Private Communication)

Ádam Genisiš includes an appendix of this name, highlighting very telling ancient texts concerning the planet Venus, which they called (among other appellations) the Morning Star, and which they describe as having been a roving star ("astre") before taking its present position in the solar system. As he says, this interpretation was developed by Immanuel Velikovsky in Worlds in Collision.

Yes, we know how Velikovsky fared at the hand of the brilliant Carl Sagan. We hope that our pages may help to redress the affair, which has served to deprive generations of the knowledge which was their birthright.

Parks examines a number of singular documents that confirm, in part, the proposals of Velikovsky, as well as the cosmic events described in Ádam Genisiš, involving the "astre" Mulge-Tab (companion of Mulge). The most eloquent of these documents are funerary Egyptian texts, but others are just as convincing.

Here is a brief outline (paraphrased from Ádam Genisiš) of the method Parks used to develop his "Neb-Heru / Morning Star" scenario.

Document the total conviction of the Mesopotamians about the place of origin of their gods. Set against this ideology the recent astronomical discoveries concerning the solar system. This serves to reestablish a truth long distorted by authors such as Zecharia Sitchin who wished to see in a wandering member of the solar system, the original home of the Anunna "gods" of the Mesopotamian texts.
Attempt to identify this perturbing celestial object. It is found to be mentioned in the Indian Rig-Veda. Draw parallels between this Vedic text and the Egyptian ideology. Note that there is a common source.
Establish that Enki and Osiris were one and the same personage. This leads to the possibility of authenticating the amphibian filiations of Enki-Osiris (Sa'am) as well as his consanguinity with the Abgal Designers-of-Life from Sirius -- those which were considered to be KIR-IS-TI. Together, these facts connect the Kiristi with the Christ, symbolized by the Morning Star in the hermetic passages of the Bible. This in turn leads to interpretations of the meaning of the various crosses found in different parts of the world. Also, explore the sacrificial tradition of the Dogons which recounts the death of Nommo, the "Christ" of Mali. In consequence of this sacrifice, the universe was disrupted, along with the positions of the stars. All of this gives for the first time the opportunity to assimilate the sacrificed celestial Nommo to a celestial body, whose destruction produced the birth of the planet Venus.
Perform a close study of the origins and formation of the planet Venus as seen by different cultures. Note that Venus is always born from the destruction of its progenitor.
Explore the connections between various myths that see the planet Venus as having caused floods over the ages. Noting that in the Mesopotamian traditions, Venus and its progenitor bore the names Neberu and Mulge, begin to understand the hermetic ideology of the Egyptians that saw in the dismembered Osiris the asteroid belt. Discover that the shattered tree of the horizon and the primordial hill from which emerged the new sun (Venus) form an identity: a celestial image of Osiris in the sky. Osiris symbolizes the hill of the ancient gods (Kadištu) because he is their representative on Earth. Horus the Avenger, the posthumous son of Osiris, represents the Morning Star. Show that the various Pharaohs (images of Horus) all symbolize Venus. Discover through a study of the Egyptian funerary texts that the soul of the Pharaohs must make the celestial voyage that permits the rejoining of the dismembered body of Osiris in the sky and restoration of the previously disrupted universe. For that, they must follow the ancient path of Neb-Heru (Horus-Venus), the orbit that goes from the light to the darkness. All these discoveries lead to the resounding evidence that the Mesopotamian astre Neberu and the Egptian Neb-Heru form the same astral image. Provide a graphic showing a possible bit of the object's disruptive trajectory.

Put simply: there was indeed a wandering object in the solar system, which was occasionally highly disruptive to the Earth (and other planets). Its birth out of the destruction of another celestial body was observed by humans, as was its eventual assumption of a stable solar orbit. We know it as Venus. It never was the home of the gods, and there is no such place associated with the solar system. But there are deep connections between this object - Venus - and Horus/Neb-Heru, with Osiris identified as its progenitor."

From "The Ages of Uras"; Neb-Heru section on left http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/Secrets.html
More to come.

Douglas Adams

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 am
GT Truther

Frog, you asked about the Colorado quake yesterday; seems the Associated Press DID have a report, which was picked up at least by the Christian Science Monitor:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-New ... ur-decades

Quote:
Colorado earthquake is largest in four decades

By Associated Press / August 23, 2011

Trinidad, Colo.
The largest earthquake to strike Colorado in almost 40 years has shaken hundreds of people near the New Mexico border and caused minor damage to a few homes.

The magnitude 5.3 earthquake was recorded at about 11:46 p.m. MDT Monday about nine miles southwest of Trinidad, Colo., and about 180 miles south of Denver, according to the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo. The quake followed two smaller ones that hit the area earlier in the day.

The quake is the largest in Colorado since a magnitude 5.7 was recorded in 1973, U.S. Geological Service geophysicist Amy Vaughn said. That one was centered in the northwestern part of the state — about 50 miles north of Grand Junction, she said.

A few homes have been damaged and there were rockslides on Colorado Highway 12 and Interstate 25, but both highways remained open, a Las Animas County Sheriff's Office dispatcher said Tuesday.

The dispatcher, who would only give her first name as Kristina, said she was working when the biggest earthquake hit near midnight.

"Everything was shaking, but we had no power loss," she said.

She said authorities were still trying to assess the damage.

"I thought maybe a car had hit my house," 70-year-old Trinidad resident Nadine Baca said. "Then I called to my son and he said it was the third (quake) today."

Another USGS geophysicist, Shengzao Chen, said the information center had received calls from more than 70 people in Trinidad and several dozen people in New Mexico who felt the shaking. More than 30 people in Colorado Springs, about 130 miles north of Trinidad, also reported feeling the quake, he said.

A magnitude 4.6 quake was felt in the same area at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, and a magnitude 2.9 quake was recorded just before 8 a.m. Two aftershocks — one recorded at 3.5 and another at 3.8 — followed early Tuesday, more than an hour after the 5.3 quake.

The last time the area received such a series of earthquakes was in August and September 2001, when about a dozen smaller-sized temblors were recorded, Chen said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just now, another huge quake hits Peru:

6.8 Mw - NORTHERN PERU

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude 6.8 Mw
Date-Time
24 Aug 2011 17:46:11 UTC
24 Aug 2011 12:46:11 near epicenter
24 Aug 2011 12:46:11 standard time in your timezone
Location 7.644S 74.506W
Depth 145 km
Distances
82 km (51 miles) N (2 degrees) of Pucallpa, Peru
205 km (127 miles) W (271 degrees) of Cruzeiro do Sul, Brazil
313 km (194 miles) NE (36 degrees) of Huanuco, Peru
568 km (353 miles) NNE (30 degrees) of LIMA, Peru

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Interesting symbolism, too, the spires of the National Cathedral?

Quote:
Spire
From Wikipedia,

A spire is a tapering conical or pyramidal structure on the top of a building, particularly a church tower. Etymologically, the word is derived from the Old English word spir, meaning a sprout, shoot, or stalk of grass.[1]

Symbolically, spires have two functions. The first is to proclaim a martial power. A spire, with its reminiscence of the spear point, gives the impression of strength. The second is to reach up toward the skies.[2] The celestial and hopeful gesture of the spire is one reason for its association with religious buildings.[citation needed] A spire on a church or cathedral is not just a symbol of piety, but is often seen as a symbol of the wealth and prestige of the order, or patron who commissioned the building.

Great find! "...proclaim a martial power", indeed! Sad how so much of 'Christian' history is filled with war, with martial tales.

And these nuggets of wisdom you also posted, from our foremost founding father, whose namesake just had its capstone cracked, are worth quoting again, too; I'm surprised we haven't heard these words echoed in the past few years in light of the intransigence and childishness of certain 'factions' that get widespread MSM coverage lately (particularly a certain, ahem, "astroturf" group):

BB also wrote:
Quote:
I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the state, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party, generally.

21 This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

22 The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

23 Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

24 It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

25 There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

George Washington - On Political Parties
Washington's Farewell Address 1796

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While consolidating material for the early chapters of my forth-coming tome, which if I'm lucky might even see the light of day before the poleshift, I keep finding formerly-obscure posts that take on new meaning in light of more recent events. Here's a bit from a Russian academic regarding what's known in certain circles as the "Dark Twin":

Anonymous Coward, 2/4/2004 8:41am EST in Vol. 2 of the Golden Thread wrote:
READER: NIBIRU IS REAL & A BEST KEPT SECRET; RUSSIA...

Posted By: TONZAL <Send E-Mail>
Date: Wednesday, 4 February 2004, 3:44 a.m.

READER: PLANET N IS REAL AND A BEST KEPT SECRET; RUSSIA...

By Manuelian

Planet N is Real and a Best Kept Secret

Dear TONZAL:
Seeing your interest in ETs I am forwarding this for posting in RMN
Forum.

I just read in the posting with the title "The Great United Statesa
Hoax" by Mailbag the following:

"We walked over to one side of the lab and he [an Airman Second Class]
said, by the way, we´ve discovered a base on the backside of the
moon....

"There were spherical and domed buildings that were very large...."

Well that base belongs to Planet N. "N" stands for "N"ext-door, for our
"N"eighbor. It is an inhabited planet on the same orbit of Earth around
the Sun, and of the same speed that of Earth, but it is exactley on the
opposite side of Earth, behind the Sun and that is why we can NOT see
it. Once I saw a photo of SOHO taken of the Sun in December 2003 and a
reflection of Planet N was visible on one side of Sun, in the photo. The
guy who posted that photp was asking if that was Planet X or Planet
Nibiru.

Below another prove that Russian official Ufologist know about this
Planet N (but ironically they call it Planet X) because the Russian have
discovered another base of the people of Planet N in a remote region of
Seberia. Below in the interview with Valery Uvarov.

Well, how about that. Valery Uvarov is clearly saying this Planet N
(she call it Planet X) as on the same orbit of Earth but opposite of it
and behind the Sun.

In the fifties some UFOs from Planet N made contact with Adamsky or
Adamski (or similar name), but they did not tell him they were from Planet
N, they told him they were from Venus for purposes of their own. People
made fun of Adamski and the matter was forgetten.

There are very few books about this Planet N and its people (which in
ancient time were called "gods").

And I do remeber Valiovsky (?) in his book "World in Upheavals" or
"Worlds in Collusion" writing that the old Earth because of an impact from
space was split in half. One half is our present Earth and the another
half he state as being the present Venus. In his latter statement he
was wrong. The another half became Planet N.

This is an EXPLOSIVE issue and I would like more clarifications from
RMN agent. Kindly post and Thanks! Reader.

------------

The following extracts were transcribed from a filmed interview with
Valery Uvarov, of Russia´s National Security Academy, conducted by Graham
W. Birdsall, Editor of the UK-based UFO Magazine. The interview took
place at the 12th International UFO Congress Convention and Film
Festival, held February 2-8, 2003, in Laughlin, Nevada, USA.

Graham Birdsall (GB): What is your official title?

Valery Uvarov (VU): I am head of the Department of UFO Research,
Science and Technical, National Security Academy, based in St Petersburg,
Russia.

GB: This, then, is an official Russian government agency?

VU: Absolutely. I am answerable to two people above me. They are
answerable to the next person above them, who is our President [Putin].

GB: What exactly is your remit?

VU: Our research efforts are divided into two parts. Firstly, we are
constantly analysing data coming in from all over the world. We then
extract what we consider to be the most interesting information through our
database-which is yellow, which is red. This, then, is released to
various departments throughout Russia. The other aspect of our research
stemmed from asking the question: do UFOs exist or not? For sure, we know
they exist, but what is behind their activity, their interest? This is
the most important issue for us, and what we mostly focus our
investigations on.

GB: There is active co-operation between NASA and Russian aerospace
officials at a technical, scientific and maybe even military level. Do you
liaise or have ties with organisations similar to your own overseas?

VU: I can tell you, truthfully, that just a couple of days before I
flew to the United States I had a meeting with my ... let´s say, my
bosses. And they said they are very interested in co-operating with other
organisations ... let´s say, our friends in the West. So, I can tell you
that this particular mission is at the starting point. I am charged with
finding the right people. When this is done, and the next stage is
activated, we can make some concrete steps.

GB: Earlier, off camera, you alluded to some important developments
concerning the Tunguska explosion of 1908. For the record, can you tell us
why you now believe you know the cause?

VU: It is not so much a case of belief; we know what caused it. It was
a meteor, but a meteor that was destroyed by ... let´s say, a missile.
The missile was generated by a material installation. We don´t know who
constructed it, but it was built long, long ago and is situated in
Siberia, several hundred kilometres north of Tunguska. I can tell you that
our investigation has revealed more than one explosion at Tunguska. Let
me share something with you. The last time that this installation shot
down a meteor was on 24/25 September last year. The Americans ... they
have three bases ... they, too, noticed this explosion. [Editor´s Ref:
See New Scientist vol 178 issue 2399 - 14 June 2003]

GB: Forgive me, but some will say this sounds like science fiction.

VU: Graham, you know that when we talk about the truths that lie behind
this subject, we only do so with those who have an understanding of the
responsibility that goes with it. And you know that we are dealing with
a technology much further ahead of our own-one capable of doing things
that we cannot.

GB: Can you be more specific about the location of this installation?

VU: Look for the site of the Tunguska explosion. To the southeast is
the very large and famous Lake Baikal. Beyond that, to the north, is a
huge and barren territory covering 100,000 kilometres. Hardly anyone
lives there. There are no towns or cities. Here is where we located the
installation ...

GB: Are you aware of strange stories or rumours concerning the
so-called "Planet X"? If some new and heavenly body had entered our solar
system, astronomers would surely detect it and declare its presence.

VU: I cannot speak for astronomers in the West, but astronomers within
our Academy tell us we have nothing to fear. I have heard people talk
about a rotation figure of 3,600 years for this planet, which is in a
similar orbit to that of the Earth but behind the Sun. We know that this
planet and the installation in Siberia are closely connected. Let me
say that we believe that this installation is keeping that planet in a
stable orbit. If that planet were to move, to shift orbit, the entire
solar system would become unstable. Those of us in the Academy are sure
that this planet is inhabited, and that this installation is designed to
protect them and us. We are sure that nothing dangerous will happen.
Everything is under control.

Our investigations have shown that the Earth has a pulse-a finely tuned
frequency that affects everything, every living thing. Some 12,500
years ago, this pulse corresponded to 360 days of the year-study the old
Egyptian calendar-but then an asteroid struck the Earth. We believe the
orbit of the Earth was altered, artificially, to compensate for this.
Our planet moved further away from the Sun, to a frequency pulse of 365.

This has taught us to believe that we have friends-friends who watch
over us, silently. They did not allow then, nor will they allow now, any
planet, comet or asteroid to strike and destroy the Earth. This, for
us, is now absolutely clear.

Those who wish to weaponise space ... to tell you the truth, all of us
involved in this project feel a pain in our hearts. Here we all are,
investigating this installation and some other stuff, material stuff,
none of which was constructed by Russians or Americans but by someone
else, someone from outer space. It saddens us when we think what could
happen if weapons are put into space.

Let me speak frankly. This installation has a power system, an energy
source. We have located this. It was during the conflict in the former
Yugoslavia that we first noticed an increase in the output of that
energy. For us, it was incredible, but we now know that this installation
reacts to social upheaval and conflict. Part of our investigation
involved searching through ancient records and archives, and then we came
across the Echutin Apposs Alanhor [sic] texts. We call them the Alanhor,
and they are at least 4,000 years old. They describe the installation, in
scientific terms, as to what was taking place there. It´s amazing.

I have visited the area twice. The first time our equipment detected
strong levels of radiation. I have to tell you, it was pretty dangerous;
we couldn´t hide from it. The few local inhabitants of the area knew of
the installation, of course, and they described it to us. They describe
metal-like structures and drew them for us. We plotted everything on a
map. But these people, their families, the animals, they were suffering
from radiation sickness.

The radiation levels have been continuously monitored for the past six
years, and now everyone-including the animals-has left the forest. Let
me tell you something about the Tunguska explosion-something that has
never been spoken of before. Two months before the explosion, every
living animal fled the region. It was as if the installation had powered up
to deal with the asteroid. With that came an increase in radiation. The
same thing is happening now, today.

GB: Are there any plans to mount another expedition to the area and to
visit the installation?

VU: The radiation is a factor but, yes, another expedition is planned
for later this year. Look, we want to be open and honest about this. We
welcome international participation, but the people we invite must be
responsible in the eyes of the world. We want people who are honest,
open-minded and transparent, who are eager and willing to co-operate and
exchange and then disseminate the scientific data. I invite you, Graham,
to come to Russia and visit the installation as an observer.

GB: I would be honoured. Thank you.

VU: You can tell people that we, Russia, have decided that it is time
that other people should know about this, and not just a few.

END of Interview article.

Editor´s Note:
This interview first appeared in the April 2003 edition of UFO
Magazine, published by Quest Publications International Limited, Valley Farm
Way, Wakefield Road, Stourton, Leeds, LS10 1SE, England, United Kingdom,
tel +44 (0)113 270 2066, fax +44 (0)113 270 9672, email
gwb@ufomag.co.uk, website http://www.ufomag.co.uk.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/fo ... read=43997

For the record, IMHO "Planet N" is the 'Dark Twin', though is sometimes called "Planet X" to bamboozle truthseekers; the Tunguska explosion was methane, and the explosion emanated from the center - not a nearby base of any type, as the effects show the force going UP into the atmosphere, not DOWN; the recent approach by the Dark Twin has NOT created the type of fatal instability the above interview intimates; and like all good high-grade hogwash, the above data contains some highly classifed 'truth' and some highly suspect fraudulent misrepresentation. Still, it precedes any alleged sightings of said 'Dark Twin' or even the more popular discussions of it that began later in 2004.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

I'm relieved that yesterday's quakes were not destructive enough to cause loss of life or more damage than has been reported. For those on the East Coast and New Madrid Seismic Zone that have not already made sufficient preparations, I trust this recent series of quakes has been a wake-up call to action, in this respect.

-=== -=== -===

Thanks to DD, TT, UJ & everyone else who joined in with spirited discourse re the efficacy of the scenario analysis on whether or not ETI contact would benefit or harm humanity. I much preferred the dialogue here on the GT over anything I read in that report.

The Fermi Paradox (much of what that report was based on) seems flawed to us here on the GT (& to the throngs of other believers in ETI worldwide), as it doesn’t include any cover-up by the rulers of our world. And with respect to the seemingly closest-fit to humanity’s disposition in the universe, the Zoo Hypothesis, is lacking due to this same omission – TPTB choosing not to disclose contact with an ETI. However, I’ve heard many whistleblowers state that they’ve come to understand (and in some cases, no longer blame the reasoning for) why TPTB have chosen the path of non-disclosure. This possible reality of the masses not being ready for “the truth” might almost give one the perception that TPTB, have been at least partially STO-aligned for not upsetting humanity’s religious, social or cultural ethos. Regardless, there’s seemingly another conundrum regarding a supposed quarantine of Earth or Prime Directive of non-interference by ETIs, as our Terran Zoo has been and continues to be visited (or even co-inhabited) by ETs… with the knowledge [and consent a la Tau9, if that’s in your realm of possibility] of the Zoo keepers, as it were.

What good is a Prime Directive or quarantine if you’re an ETI that’s just going to break it anyway? Perhaps it’s OK if you’re simply an STS ETI that gets involved for the “sport of it” (like going hunting for vacation), or to somehow help your own species at the expense of useless, insufficiently advanced and self-destructive life forms. Or maybe it’s more reasonable to break quarantine if you’re an STO ETI that’s only doing so to help prevent our primitive species from annihilating itself or perhaps to select human ambassadors to channel intel through, who will in turn warn their fellow man of coming, perhaps cyclical cataclysms.

Thinking about this leads me to believe that there is no Prime Directive or quarantine governing Earth.

-=== -=== -===

To add to the recent sightings posted, here's an interesting UFO or Orb cluster:

Your views, my fellow truth seekers, as always are welcome and much-appreciated.

Regards,
fulcanelli

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm
Site Admin

To all our friends, users and guests on the East Coast of the US and Canada

Quote:
'Huge' Hurricane Irene strikes Bahamas, aims for U.S.

Miami (CNN) -- Packing winds of up to 120 mph, Hurricane Irene buffeted the Bahamas Wednesday afternoon as it marched up the island chain and toward the United States' East Coast.

Irene could jump a notch to Category 4 strength by Thursday, the National Hurricane Center said. Federal emergency management officials had a simple message for those in or near the path: Be prepared.

"This is a huge storm," said CNN Meteorologist Jacqui Jeras. "The cloud field is more than 800 miles across. The tropical storm force winds extend out 200 miles from the center."

The storm could threaten large sections of the Eastern Seaboard, from the Carolinas into the Northeast.

Read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/08/24/tropical.weather/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

If you click on the link above you will see a forecast track map. Items of note:

Saturday 8:00 am - Wilmington NC Category 3 Hurricane (115 mph winds) right off the coast

Sunday 8:00 am - Philadelphia/New York City Category 2 Hurricane (100 mph) winds maybe right off the coast.

Please prepare and stay safe. Know that those of us on the Texas Gulf Coast who endured Ike are praying for all of you.

Edited to add the latest model grouping from Storm2K. I will say that once we get closer to 36 hours, the computer models will have a better handle on Irene.

Anybody needs any hurricane prep tips, just let me know!

Not trying to scare anyone but ya'll need to take this very, very seriously.

BB

Edited again to add this from Accuweather:

Quote:
Here is what we expect in various cities along the Atlantic Seaboard:

Miami, Fla.
The eye wall of Irene will stay well to the east of Florida. However, there is the possibility of a couple of gusty thunderstorms in Miami into Friday morning. In general, winds will stay below tropical storm force. Bathers should be aware of strong rip currents.

Charleston, S.C.
The eye wall of Irene will stay well to the east late Friday night and Saturday. Minimal tropical storm-force winds and a couple of periods of heavy rain could graze the city Friday night. Gusty offshore winds are in store on Saturday with a return of sunshine. Coastal flooding is possible due to a small storm surge and high astronomical tides.

Wilmington, N.C.
The eye wall and strongest winds of Irene will pass just east Saturday, but not the storm's heavy rain and tropical storm-force winds. These winds could down trees and power lines and cause some structural damage. Conditions will deteriorate Friday night into Saturday morning with the worst conditions Saturday afternoon and evening. Sunshine will return and winds will diminish on Sunday.

High astronomical tides from the new moon will add to water levels and raise the risk of coastal flooding with this situation. Building seas and strengthening rip currents will spread northward 48 hours in advance of Irene.

Outer Banks, N.C.
A direct hit from the eye wall of Irene is possible Saturday evening with storm surge flooding, hurricane-force winds (gusts to 125 mph) and torrential rain. Expect structural damage and power outages with life-threatening conditions possible. Conditions will deteriorate Friday night into Saturday. While clearing is in store on Sunday, flooding from the Sounds is possible due to west to northwest winds.

Norfolk, Virginia Beach and the Tidewater, Va.
The eye wall and the strongest winds of Irene will pass to the east Saturday night. Despite this track, heavy rain will inundate the city, and onshore tropical storm-force winds with possible hurricane-force gusts from the north and northeast could lead to extensive coastal flooding, damage and power outages. Conditions will deteriorate Saturday with the worst conditions Saturday night into Sunday morning. Expect dangerous surf conditions with significant beach erosion.

Baltimore, Md. / Washington, D.C.
The eye wall of Irene will pass well to the east Saturday night. However, a period of heavy rain can lead to flash flooding, and minimal tropical storm-force wind gusts can cause some downed trees and power outages from Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning. Conditions will be worse on the Eastern Shore.

Ocean City, Md.
The eye wall of Irene will pass just offshore later Saturday night into Sunday morning. Weather conditions will deteriorate Saturday into Saturday evening with wind and rain increasing. Periods of heavy rain, damaging sustained tropical storm-force winds with hurricane-force wind gusts (75 mph) and coastal flooding are possible Saturday night into Sunday. Expect significant beach erosion with a storm surge of 2 to 4 feet.

Philadelphia, Pa. / Wilmington, Del.
The eye wall of Irene will pass well to the east Sunday. However, heavy rain can lead to flash flooding and minimal tropical storm-force wind gusts that can cause some downed trees and power outages during Saturday night and Sunday. Conditions will be worse in New Jersey and central/southern Delaware.

Sandy Hook to Cape May, N.J.
The eye wall of Irene will pass just offshore Sunday morning. Weather conditions will deteriorate Saturday into Saturday evening with wind and rain increasing. Periods of heavy rain, damaging sustained tropical storm-force winds with hurricane-force wind gusts (75 mph) and coastal flooding are possible Saturday night and Sunday. Expect significant beach erosion with a storm surge of 2 to 4 feet.

New York City
The eye wall of Irene will pass to the south and east of the city Sunday. However, there is an elevated risk of flooding rain throughout the metro area including the northern and western suburbs. Expect coastal flooding in areas prone to problems during a strong nor'easter. Strong winds at tropical storm force (50 mph) are in store which can lead to downed trees, as well as power outages in outlying areas. Conditions will be much worse farther east across Long Island, where hurricane-force gusts (90 mph) are forecast. Coastal areas of Long Island can expect an average storm surge of 2 to 4 feet, but locally higher.

Hartford, Conn.
The eye wall of Irene will pass to the south and east of the city Sunday. However, there is an elevated risk of flooding rain. Strong winds of sustained tropical storm force (60 mph) are in store that can lead to downed trees and power outages. Conditions will be worse if Irene tracks farther west than expected. Conditions will be worse farther east and south over Connecticut.

Providence, R.I.
The eye wall of Irene may pass close by later Sunday into Sunday night. Periods of heavy rain and hurricane-force winds (80 mph) are forecast. Expect widespread power outages and flooding. If the center passes to the southeast, coastal flooding will be minimal. If the center passes to the west, major coastal flooding problems may occur.

Boston to Cape Cod, Mass.
The eye wall of Irene may pass close by Sunday into Sunday night. Periods of heavy rain, hurricane-force winds (80 mph) and well above-normal tides are forecast. Expect widespread power outages and flooding with a storm surge of 2 to 4 feet.

Portsmouth, N.H., and Portland through Down East Maine
The eye wall of Irene is forecast to pass close by late Sunday and Sunday night. However, periods of heavy rain, gusts of hurricane force (80 mph) and well above-normal tides can occur. Expect widespread power outages and flooding.

Irene's final, quick-hitting visit in North America will be a visit to Atlantic Canada. The provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Quebec will be affected later Sunday night into Monday.

The worst conditions with heavy rain, damaging winds (60 mph) and pounding surf are likely in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. However, a shift farther to the east in the storm's track would take more severe conditions into Newfoundland.

Remember, if your city of interest does not appear in this list, you can get your latest local forecast on AccuWeather.com.

AccuWeather.com has also provided a table with expected wind, rain and surge for more of the East Coast's major cities.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/54158/hurricane-irene-impacts-on-eas-1.asp

BB

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:32 pm
GT Truther

Post A prevalent theme in government symbolism
The symbolism is much more blatant than spires.

The next time you see an image of the Senate podium, look to either side of the back wall. There are two bronze sculptures on the back wall. These represent a battle ax bound about a large number of rods.

This is a very old Roman device. It represents all society and organizations bound to a central imperial force.

These are fasces. That is the root of the word "fascism".

It is always in your face, if your read their signs.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Fasces&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=I7R&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RclVTvsx6eeIArGHkM4J&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=580

Douglas Adams

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: A prevalent theme in government symbolism
Simmering Frog wrote:
The symbolism is much more blatant than spires.

The next time you see an image of the Senate podium, look to either side of the back wall. There are two bronze sculptures on the back wall. These represent a battle ax bound about a large number of rods.

This is a very old Roman device. It represents all society and organizations bound to a central imperial force.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Fasces&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=I7R&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RclVTvsx6eeIArGHkM4J&ved=0CD0QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=580

Frog - :clap :heart

Never really noticed but "in your face," indeed.

I never really paid much attention to symbolism until I read Dan Brown's books. :mrgreen:

Now I see them everywhere and some of them are quite disturbing.

Quote:
It represents all society and organizations bound to a central imperial force.

Brrr - shivers! That gives me the creeps!!! :scared

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Irene: New York City, Mid-Atlantic Put on High Alert
By Kristina Pydynowski, Senior Meteorologist
Aug 25, 2011; 8:05 AM ETShare | .

Hurricane Irene is now on a path that could take it dangerously close to, if not over, the mid-Atlantic coastline and New York City on Sunday, posing a serious danger to millions of people.

The AccuWeather.com Hurricane Center is confident that Irene will strike the Outer Banks of North Carolina Saturday evening as a strong Category 3 or Category 4 hurricane.

Beyond that point, latest indications put Irene on a path extremely close to or over the mid-Atlantic coast and New York City before plowing into western New England.

Irene is expected to track near the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and Delmarva coast Saturday night, then could pass within 30 miles of New York City Sunday evening as a weakening Category 2 hurricane.

Such a path would lead to severe impacts that could prompt officials to force evacuations. All residents and visitors in the path of Irene should heed these orders if issued and prepare homes and businesses for Irene's onslaught in the meantime

Strong Winds, Coastal Impacts Along and East of Irene's Eye

On its current forecast path, Irene would spread destructive hurricane-force winds (gusts between 80 to 100 mph) across the Delmarva coast, eastern New Jersey, New York City, western Long Island and southwestern New England.

A track directly over Atlantic City, N.J., and New York City would bring these intense winds westward to Philadelphia.

The strongest and most sustained hurricane-force winds will be measured in the immediate vicinity of Irene's center.

Widespread tree damage, major power outages and structural damage to buildings and homes would ensue. Glass windows could shatter along the sides of New York City skyscrapers.

Damaging tropical storm-force winds (winds between 40 and 70 mph) will extend 150 miles westward and nearly 250 miles eastward from Irene's center.

These winds will likely reach Richmond, Va., Baltimore, Md., Philadelphia, Pa., Albany, N.Y., and nearly all of New England, threatening to cause significant tree damage and power outages.

The winds will have no trouble downing trees where recent flooding and record rainfall has saturated the ground in areas such as Philadelphia and New York City.

Irene will also cause extremely rough surf to pound the entire mid-Atlantic and New England coastline with severe beach erosion and significant coastal flooding an almost certain guarantee.

A flooding storm surge will further inundate the coastline.

Yachts and boats docked along the mid-Atlantic and New England coasts should be moved to higher ground if possible.

The worst case scenario in terms of flooding storm surge for New York City and the mid-Atlantic coast would be Irene tracking directly overhead or slightly to the west.

Serious Flooding Rain From Irene's Center Westward

Places along and west of the center will be subject to Irene's heaviest rain.

The current path of Irene puts places from eastern North Carolina to eastern Pennsylvania, eastern New York and western New England at risk to receive 4 to 8 inches of rainfall with locally higher totals.

That rain alone will trigger widespread flooding issues, but AccuWeather.com is extremely concerned for serious flood problems where recent heavy rain has already saturated the ground.

The drainage systems in Philadelphia and New York City are sure to get overwhelmed.

Track Not Set in Stone

"Since a small jog to the west or east would lead to a huge difference in impacts, [AccuWeather.com meteorologists] suggest monitoring this situation closely," cautioned AccuWeather.com Hurricane and Tropical Weather Expert Meteorologist Dan Kottlowski to all residents and visitors in the mid-Atlantic and New England.

If Irene tracks more to the west than currently expected, more of the mid-Atlantic and New York State will be subject to its severe impacts.

It is not totally out of the question that Irene tracks farther eastward than currently forecast. Such a track would shift the zone of flooding rain farther eastward and cause eastern New England to endure the brunt of Irene's destructive winds and coastal flooding.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/54098/hurricane-irene-to-slam-into-t.asp

Those of you in the path of Irene should do the following today:

Determine if you are in a hurricane evacuation zone - your local newspaper should publish a map or you can find the map on your FEMA/Homeland Security state web page.

Gather food, water, medications, pet food, baby food, etc. for either evacuation or ride out. You will need a minimum of 72 hours of these items for either evacuation or ride out.

If evacuating, you need to map out your route and be prepared to deal with heavy traffic. Know your destination and find various routes to get there. Now is a good time to make a reservation at a local motel/hotel. Evacuation shelters will be set up in the next 24+ hours and will be broadcast locally. Understand that pets are not allowed in most evacuation shelters so make sure you bring a carrier and plan for your pet.

Once the storm is over, be prepared for power outages lasting 2-3 weeks in the devastated areas. After Ike, we had intermittent power for 2 weeks.

FEMA will set up drive through feeding stations within 72+ hours. You drive your car through, open the trunk, and they place cases of water, bags of ice and MREs (meals ready to eat) in the trunk. You are not allowed to get out of your vehicle.

Be prepared for martial law to be declared and a sundown to sunup curfew.

FEMA will pay for a generator after the storm. You will need to save the receipt and purchase after the storm.

Make sure you document all damage to your home/business. Take lots of pictures. Your home owner's insurance/business insurance and FEMA require receipts for all repairs.

Don't make any repairs to your damaged/home business until FEMA/insurance company gives you the okay. Obviously, you can make minor "emergency" repairs to secure the property but don't repair your downed fences, etc.

Good luck to you all and please heed the evacuation warnings. Several hundred people on the Bolvar Peninsula in Texas did not and, sadly, drowned from the storm surge.

BB

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:22 am
GT Truther

Post My Favorite Fasces
The red, white, and blue binder....

Douglas Adams

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 am
GT Truther

The Wind Walker story was about a stuntman who blew off the wing of a plane without using a chute while attempting to climb on a helicopter. It was sad..There were close up's showing the wind walker's extreme danger dealing with the power of the wind. Kind of shocking actually...

Dex

Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 pm
GT Truther

Post Re: A prevalent theme in government symbolism
Simmering Frog wrote:

The official House of Representatives website actually agrees with you, Frog. Here's what they have to say on the matter, next to a close-up picture of these "fasces":

The website at house.gov wrote:
The Bronze Fasces

The bronze fasces, representing a classical Roman symbol of civic authority, are located on both sides of the U.S. flag. The original Roman fasces consisted of an axe within a bundle of rods, bound together by a red strap. The fasces were carried before the consul and were used to restore order and carry out punishment of the courts. The U.S. adopted the fasces as a symbol of the authority of Congress in part due to their symbolic relationship with Republican Rome, which the founding fathers consciously referenced in the formation of the United States. The form of the fasces also symbolically refers to the philosophy of American democracy. Like the thin rods bound together in the fasces, the small individual states achieve their strength and stability through their union under the federal government.

I was wondering how such a device would have a practical application; I can see the purpose of a battle axe, but what purpose does it serve to wrap a bunch of rods around it? And why the original red strap? (The red/white/blue on your picture is understandable, but the original wasn't any ole color, they were red. What's up with that? So I did as I often do, went to Wiki to see what else we can learn from this because the perspective shouldn't stop there, there's always a deeper current.....

And sure enough, it appears that this symbol is actually very widespread among many Western nations. If anything, the Italian Fascist party misappropriated it as a way to glom onto the former glory of Rome; even then, it was "...used in the twentieth century to designate peasant cooperatives and industrial workers' unions."

Continuing, Wiki says:

Quote:
Numerous governments and other authorities have used the image of the fasces for a symbol of power since the end of the Roman Empire. It has also been used to hearken back to the Roman republic, particularly by those who see themselves as modern-day successors to the old republic and/or its ideals. Italian Fascism, which derives its name from the fasces, arguably used this symbolism the most in the 20th century. The British Union of Fascists also used it in the 1930s. However, unlike (for example) the swastika, the fasces, as a widespread and long-established symbol in the West, has avoided the stigma associated with much of fascist symbolism, and many authorities continue to display them, including the federal government of the United States.

"Bundles of the lictors"?

Quote:
The fasces lictoriae ("bundles of the lictors") symbolised power and authority (imperium) in ancient Rome. A corps of apparitores (subordinate officials) called 'lictors' each carried fasces as a sort of staff of office before a magistrate, in a number corresponding to his rank, in public ceremonies and inspections. Bearers of fasces preceded consuls (and proconsuls), praetors (and propraetors), dictators, curule aediles and the Flamen Dialis. During triumphs (public celebrations held in Rome after a military conquest) heroic soldiers — those who had suffered injury in battle — carried fasces in procession.

But here is where it seems the negative connotation of 'fasces' seems to have emerged:

Quote:
Traditionally, fasces carried within the Pomerium — the limits of the sacred inner city of Rome — had their axe blades removed. This signified that under normal political circumstances, the imperium-bearing magistrates did not have the judicial power of life and death; within the city, that power rested with the people through the assemblies. However, during times of emergencies when the Roman Republic declared a dictatorship (dictatura), lictors attending to the dictator kept the axe-blades even inside the Pomerium — a sign that the dictator had the ultimate power in his own hands.

And this list of other US gov't. institutions that also use the fasces shows that it's not such a sly reference to Italian dictatorial power as it is a yearning for the glory of the Roman empire, which seems to be the real subconscious undercurrent at work.

Quote:
The following cases all involve the adoption of the fasces as a visual image or icon; no actual physical re-introduction has occurred.

-In the Oval Office, above the door leading to the exterior walkway, and above the corresponding door on the opposite wall, which leads to the President's private office. (Note: the fasces depicted have no axes, possibly because in the Roman Republic, the blade was always removed from the bundle whenever the fasces were carried inside the city, in order to symbolize the rights of citizens against arbitrary state power (see above).

-The grand seal of Harvard University inside Memorial Church is flanked by two inward-pointing fasces. The seal is located directly below the 368-foot steeple and the Great Seal of the United States inside the Memorial Room. The walls of the room list the names of Harvard students, faculty, and alumni that gave their lives in service of the United States during World War I along with an empty tomb depicting Alma Mater holding a slain Harvard student.

-The National Guard uses the fasces on the seal of the National Guard Bureau, and it appears in the insignia of Regular Army officers assigned to National Guard liaison and in the insignia and unit symbols of National Guard units themselves. For instance, the regimental crest of the U.S. 71st Infantry Regiment of the New York National Guard consisted of a gold fasces set on a blue background.

-The reverse of the United States "Mercury" dime (minted from 1916 to 1945) bears the design of a fasces and an olive branch.

-The Mace of the United States House of Representatives, designed to resemble fasces, consists of thirteen ebony rods bound together in the same fashion as the fasces, topped by a silver eagle on a globe.

-The official seal of the United States Senate has as one component a pair of crossed fasces.

-Fasces ring the base of the Statue of Freedom atop the United States Capitol building.

-A frieze on the facade of the United States Supreme Court building depicts the figure of a Roman centurion holding a fasces, to represent "order".

-The main entrance hallways in the Wisconsin State Capitol have lamps which are decorated with stone fasces motifs.

-At the Lincoln Memorial, Lincoln's seat of state bears the fasces—without axes—on the fronts of its arms. (Fasces also appear on the pylons flanking the main staircase leading into the memorial.)

-The official seal of the United States Tax Court bears the fasces at its center.

-Four fasces flank the two bronze plaques on either side of the bust of Lincoln memorializing his Gettysburg Address at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

-The fasces appears on the state seal of Colorado, USA, beneath the "All-seeing eye" (or Eye of Providence) and above the mountains and mines.

-The hallmark of the Kerr & Co silver company was a fasces.

-On the seal of the New York City borough of Brooklyn, a figure carries a fasces; the seal appears on the borough flag. Fasces can also be seen in the stone columns at Grand Army Plaza.

-Used as part of the Knights of Columbus emblem (designed in 1883).

-Many local police departments use the fasces as part of their badges and other symbols. For instance, the top border of the Los Angeles Police Department badge features a fasces. (1940)

-Commercially, a small fasces appeared at the top of one of the insignia of the Hupmobile car.

-A fasces appears on the statue of George Washington, made by Jean-Antoine Houdon which is now in the Virginia State Capital

-Columns in the form of fasces line the entrance to Buffalo City Hall.

-VAW-116 have a fasces on their unit insignia
-San Francisco's Coit Tower has two fasces-like insignia (without the axe) carved above its entrance, flanking a Phoenix.
-The seal of the United States Courts Administrative Office
-In the Washington Monument, there is a statue of George Washington leaning on a fasces
-A fasces is a common element in US Army Military Police heraldry, most visibly on the shoulder sleeve insignia of the 18th Military Police Brigade and the 42nd Military Police Brigade.

In fact, it's not only the US; heck, even Castro's Cuba uses it! And it's the symbol for a Swiss canton, not to mention Scandinavian police; no "fascism" there!

Quote:
-Aiguillettes worn by aides-de-camp in many Commonwealth armed forces bear the fasces on the metal points; the origin of this is unknown, as the fasces is an uncommon symbol in British/Commonwealth heraldry and insignia.
-Napoleon and the French Revolution; this emblem remains on the front cover of French passports and as part of the French coat of arms
-The Spanish gendarmerie Guardia Civil
-Both the Norwegian and Swedish Police Service have double fasces in their logos.
-The Miners Flag (also known as the "Diggers' Banner"), the standard of 19th-century gold-miners in the colony of Victoria, in Australia, included the fasces as a symbol of unity and strength of common purpose. This flag symbolized the movement prior to the rebellion at the Eureka Stockade (1854).
-The coat of arms of Ecuador, which also features on its national flag, has included a fasces since 1822.
-The coat of arms of Cameroon features two fasces which form a diagonal cross.
-The coat of arms of Cuba features a fasces.
-The third flag of Gran Colombia, a former nation in South America, depicted a large fasces entwined with several arrows.
-The coat of arms of Norte de Santander, a department of Colombia, and of its capital Cúcuta, both feature a fasces.
-The crest of the fraternity Alpha Phi Delta displays the fasces in its heraldry.
-The crest of the Chi Phi Fraternity features a fasces.
-The symbol of the National Party (Uruguay) (Partido Nacional)
On the entrance of the Royal Castle of Laeken in Belgium

Point is, Mussolini's wanna be fascistic 'empire' was imitating US more than it emulated the glory days of the Roman empire, and even at that, was a lie.....those "peasant cooperatives and industrial unions" would later string the b*st*rd up on meat hooks, and his cheap form of "facsism" never came close to what we have going on now. The word "fascism" has lost its power, like the archetypal "four-letter word" that begins with an "F". We need a new "hidden symbol", like the so-called "Eye of Providence" as the Illuminati eye is publicly known as, to point to when discussing the hidden agenda of our illustrious corporate globalist 'leaders'.

On a similar note, those supposedly "shocking" 63 documents in Jesse Ventura's latest book are really old hat to most of us here, even to most of the readers who reviewed the book on Amazon. The only thing "shocking" would be forcing the MSM puppets to react on-air to them; in private, even most of them are probably already aware of what's going on.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

From Dr. Jeff Master's Weather Underground Blog. Cross posted from the Hurricane Irene thread.

I trust him and he is not prone to hysteria or hype.

Please note the bold below is his - not mine.

When he talks about a 10-15 foot storm surge, he means above mean tide. If it is high tide when the storm hits, ADD 10 to 15 feet above that. Ike produced a 15+ foot storm surge on top of high tide.

Included in the storm surge is debris from buildings, piers, homes, etc. that are swept inland with the surge. This is what flattened Galveston, TX in the 1900 hurricane.

Please be safe! :candle :heart

Quote:
Irene likely to bring destructive fresh water flooding

In this morning's post, I highlighted the threat from storm surge flooding, but flash flooding and river flooding from Irene's torrential rains are also a huge threat. The hurricane is expected to bring rains in excess of 12" to 100-mile swath from Eastern North Carolina northwards along the coast, through New York City. The danger of fresh water flooding is greatest in northern New Jersey, Southeast Pennsylvania, and Southeast New York, where the soils are saturated from heavy August rains that were among the heaviest on record. At Philadelphia, rainfall so far this August has been 13 inches, not far from the record for rainiest month of all-time, the 15.82" that fell in August 1867. This record will almost certainly be broken when Irene's rains arrive. In general, the heaviest rains will fall along the west side of the hurricane's track, and the greatest wind damage will occur on the east side. Right now, it does not appear that tornadoes will be a major concern, but there will probably be a few weak tornadoes. Hurricane Bob of 1991, the last hurricane to affect New England, spawned six tornadoes, most of them weak F-0 and F-1 twisters.

Latest forecast for Irene

The latest set of model runs don't show any major changes to Irene's track or intensity. Irene will bring damaging winds, torrential rains, and an extremely dangerous storm surge to the coast, affecting a huge area of the mid-Atlantic and New England. Take this storm seriously! Expect widespread disruptions to electric power, transportation, and water systems. Be prepared for many days without power, as utility crews will be overwhelmed with the damage. Irene is capable of inundating portions of the coast under 10 - 15 feet of water, to the highest storm surge depths ever recorded. I strongly recommend that all residents of the mid-Atlantic and New England coast familiarize themselves with their storm surge risk. The best source of that information is the National Hurricane Center's Interactive Storm Surge Risk Map, which allows one to pick a particular Category hurricane and zoom in to see the height above ground level a worst-case storm surge may go. If you prefer static images, use wunderground's Storm Surge Inundation Maps. If these tools indicate you may be at risk, consult your local or state emergency management office to determine if you are in a hurricane evacuation zone. Mass evacuations of low-lying areas along the entire coast of New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia are at least 50% likely to be ordered by Saturday. The threat to the coasts of New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine is less certain, but evacuations may be ordered in those states, as well. Irene is a very dangerous storm for an area that has no experience with hurricanes, and I strongly urge you to evacuate from the coast if an evacuation is ordered by local officials. [color=#FF00FF]My area of greatest concern is the coast from Ocean City, Maryland, to Atlantic City, New Jersey. It is possible that this stretch of coast will receive a direct hit from a slow-moving Category 2 hurricane hitting during the highest tide of the month, bringing a 10 - 15 foot storm surge.[/color]

Links
For those of you wanting to know your odds of receiving hurricane force or tropical storm force winds, I recommend the NHC wind probability product.

Wunderground has detailed storm surge maps for the U.S. coast.

The National Hurricane Center's Interactive Storm Surge RIsk Map, which allows one to pick a particular Category hurricane and zoom in, is a good source of storm surge risk information.

Wunderblogger Mike Theiss is in Nassau, documenting the storm's impact on the Bahamas.

Jeff Masters

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Dex wrote:
The Wind Walker story was about a stuntman who blew off the wing of a plane without using a chute while attempting to climb on a helicopter. It was sad..There were close up's showing the wind walker's extreme danger dealing with the power of the wind. Kind of shocking actually...

Dex

Thanks Dex - found Todd Green's story...

Wind / Wing Walker - had me grasping for the bar there for a while.

Sad - but I suspect he went the way he lived - always on the edge... but doing what he loved!

That's my personal ethos too.

:candle

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Cross posted from the Hurricane Irene thread.

rutsuyasun wrote:
The governor of CT has also declared a state of emergency in preparation for the storm. Latest models put Irene as coming ashore at NYC then proceeding northward through WESTERN CT! :scared Even though the storm will have weakened while traveling over land, with the ground saturated with rain many trees will be uprooted. CL&P (electric co.) is warning customers to be prepared for prolonged power outages. Tomorrow I'm buying my gas for the generator (and car) as well as an extra tank of propane so we can cook on the grill once the storm passes, if we don't have power. We have the above ground pool for water source, as well as about 20 3gal jugs of spring water for drinking and cooking. Don't wait; get ready now if you are anywhere near the path of Irene.

Absolutely, Ruts. One other tip if you have a freezer go ahead and put everything into garbage bags. This makes removal of defrosted (rotting) food much easier.

You will be amazed how quickly food will start to defrost once the electricity goes out.

Don't forget small bills - 1s, 5s, 10s and nothing larger than a $20.00. I would recommend $300 or so. Don't wait too long either - the local ATMs ran out of cash 30 hours before Ike. ATMs don't work without electricty.

Get the gasoline now - there will be a serious run on gasoline. Fill your car and keep it full even if you don't plan to evacuate. Gasoline pumps don't work if there is no electricty.

If folks are lined up at Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart and Target try Walgreens, CVS and small grocery stores. Most people don't think about these places for supplies. ;)

Start filling up jugs with water and placing them in the freezer now. Ice is life and I can't emphasize that enough.

About 12 hours before landfall, fill your bathtub(s) with water to the brim. Use this to flush the toilets and to wash with in case the water pumps quit.

Stock up on paper plates, plastic forks, knives and spoons, plastic drinking cups and garbage bags. You don't want to waste precious water doing the dishes.

Bread, milk and eggs will disappear first. Next to go will be water, sodas, beer, wine. Fresh fruit and vegetables, canned meats like Spam and tuna, and canned soups will go next.

Again, don't stand in long lines if you don't have to. You will put yourself in danger from hysterical people and you don't want to do that. Move on to a pharmacy or convenience store and see what they have. Be creative.

Godspeed!

BB

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:44 pm
Site Admin

EAST COAST WARNING
Folks on the East Coast please take these warnings serious, this storm has potential of being a bad one!

If your not sure what to do or what to pack please follow this thread from a TRUE GT Hurricane Survivor!

Please be save all..

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3309&p=38728#p38728

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next