It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:38 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 6.2 2012 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 6.2 2011-2012
May all your holidays become Holy Days. May the One True Creator of the Universe be your giver of blessing. And may He protect you from any curse. May your truth come from His Throne. May you all find His Peace in your own hearts and share it with all through Love.

Thank you all for being GTers. Good job everyone!

Love, Barb

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:32 am
GT Truther

Cosmic Awareness 2012 forecast
I trust that everyone had a pleasant Christmas. I was entertaining others and we all enjoyed ourselves.

Now that Christmas is over the next celebration will be for the New Year, which just happens to be the dreaded 2012.

This is of course the year which people have been anticipating 'for many years', especially as popular culture has promoted it as when the ending of an ancient Mayan calendar portends the 'end of the world', doom, gloom, etc. As a result paranoia is rife, except amongst the Mayans themselves who (apparently) are looking forward to an influx of visitors spending money (hotels, travel, trinkets, etc) which will be good for their bank balances!

My view is very much that calendars do sometimes 'end' as such - but then guess what, there is a 'new year' party and they restart again!

Whilst looking around online I found that Cosmic Awareness has shared a 2012 forecast. Apparently CA is the only chanelled source which the CIA ever gave any credence, being the same source as Edgar Cayce chanelled. Whilst this most certainly does not mean that people should bow down in homage it does suggest that what CA says might prove to be more reliable than some other online sources of channelled information.

My link leads to a page from where you can choose to listen to an mp3 or read the 18 page forecast in Adobe Acrobat format.

http://www.cosmicawareness.org/html/2012_forecast.html

For 2012 CA starts by assuring everyone that there will be forecasts for 2013, 2014 etc, which of course implies that we will still be here to read them!!!!

I am only mentioning a few other things which CA predicts, instead readers are invited to follow my link and discover for themselves. The pdf text version is small enough to be easily downloaded by people using dial-up connections.

Planet A / Planet B dimensional splitting.
Contact - Including helping explain the above.
Economic upheavals, alternative economic models will help some survive better than others.
Weather and geophysical gyrations.
Solar flares (etc) cause disruption.
Those deemed 'crazy conspiracy theory nuts' suddenly found to be sane and their views become much sought after.
Orion / Reptillian faction fighting a rearguard battle to maintain their control.
The situation is so volatile that 'red alerts' will be issued in case of urgent new developments, since some events which are not currently seen as likely may transpire during the year.

Finally, I've saved until the end to share what could be the most important part of the forecast.
The Law of Thought - whatever you energise is what will be. This includes whatever you emotionally energise also being so.

To quote CA: It is why this Awareness states continuously: one must be vigilant of the panic and fear that the events of their lives and the events of their surroundings may cause them.

------------

RE: the law of thought, to counter what some people say is my seeming inbuilt tendency towards expecting what could be seen as ‘doom’ events I use the MBO’s (most beneficial outcome) as discussed in Tom Moore’s Gentle Way Newsletter. Its like saying a non-religious prayer asking for help finding the best possible outcome without ‘front loading’ or creating expectations towards an outcome which may actually not be the best. I credit this as being how I was quite literally frogmarched (in just 3 hours from initial contact to be asked to start 'tomorrow') into a job - that ticks almost every box I could reasonably expect to exist for paid short term contract work - which many, many other people would also have loved to have been offered.

Simon

ps: I did not see a 'happy new year' emoticon, but thought that with the post Christmas sales in mind this would be appropriate for the coming week.

:shop

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:38 am
GT Truther

This is a new deformation of Earth's magnetosphere. (1)
Quote:
Notice how the "ring" of blue lines from the N. Pole is angled. In the past, it looked more like an egg resting on a level table. Now it appears to be tipped. I have not observed this kind of deformation before. Image
SOZT
We have explained the twisting and deforming Earth magnetosphere as either
1. an end-to-end alignment
http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta536.htm
so that the Earth’s S Pole seems to be missing altogether, only the blue outbound lines apparent in a compressed magnetosphere, or
2. the Earth’s magnetosphere subsumed
http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta542.htm
into the magnetosphere of Planet X so that the outbound magnetons from Earth go directly to Planet X, and those returning to the Earth’s S Pole come directly from Planet X.

The image in question, dated Christmas day December 25, 2011, is a version of the compressed magnetosphere, but under pressure from a Planet X that is coming ever closer. This is the reason for the increased violence of the wobble, as the PUSH away of the Earth’s N Pole is stronger. This is the reason for the Sun appearing so far to the south at this time, as the Earth is leaning its N Pole away from the N Pole of Planet X. A quick and violent lean into opposition could also occur, due to this increased pressure.
EOZT

Prior ZT: http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta542.htm
What would explain the magnetic twist, where Earth's field appears to be heading in the wrong direction entirely? Some magnetons from the N Pole of Planet X, which has a wide field, drift to the S Pole of Earth rather than travel on to the S Pole of Planet X.

Prior ZT: http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta536.htm
What would cause the Earth's magnetosphere to temporarily show only an outbound stream (blue lines), bypassing the Earth's S Pole? It is as though the magnetons are diverted away from returning to the Earth's S Pole, and this is what is occurring. When the N Pole of Planet X temporarily pointed its N Pole at Earth, forcing an end-to-end alignment of their magnetospheres.

http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog ... r-soho-amp

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, SS, for the link to Cosmic Awareness. I found it very enlightening, (double entendre intended) and helpful. There is one beautiful passage I would like to share here for all, and I encourage everyone to read the entire post, if not for the specifics prophesied, for the spiritual message within. It is a good focus for us as we enter 2012, which if nothing else will be a year of great change.

Quote:
God will not abandon the many that believe in the force that is the Godhead, or God Almighty. It will not abandon those who do not believe in It, as It is still available to all, even if all do not choose to believe in that which is the Divine Energy of God Almighty. This will be not only a year of challenge and upheaval, but also a year of faith and a year of miracles as this Awareness has already said, especially as one truly begins to live the knowing of who and what they are in the Light of Spirit and the Light that is God. Further to this, God is not an intellectual concept; It is not a deity sitting on a throne wearing a crown. It is a real force that inhabits all - every cell, every atom, every organ, every being, every stone, tree, plant - all is infused with the spark of God and so it is with mankind itself.

http://cosmicawareness.org/2012Forecast.pdf

edited to add:
What the Awareness says about our energizing our own reality, creating our own timeline, resonates with me particularly. I have found this to be the truth in my own experience, but I learned a lot about this from Seth in the books he wrote through Jane Roberts.. We create our own reality. It isn't a nice platitude - there is nothing more real, nor more important, than this understanding. I am still working on creating good health for myself, but in other matters I do manage (sometimes ;) ) to create the reality that I wish to live in or with.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Don't mean to interupt the Holiday Spirit but if this is true it is more than a little concerning it is down right alarming :scared :awe

=========================

USDA Steps Back and Gives Monsanto More Power Over GMO Seeds
Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has decided to deregulate two of Monsanto’s genetically modified seed varieties, giving the company a further grasp on the food supply of the nation. One of the modified corn seed varieties is engineered to resist drought conditions, and the other is an herbicide-resistant soybean that has been genetically engineered to produce more fatty acids. Of course research has found that Monsanto’s GMO crops, despite claims to be resistant to herbicides and pesticides, actually require significantly more harsh chemicals. Apparently these studies do not concern the USDA, an organization that has always been adamant about genetically modifying the entire food supply.

The USDA continues to grant Monsanto further power over itself, despite evidence linking Monsanto’s creations to health conditions and environmental devastation. This is also the same organization that has continually pushed for the approval of genetically modified salmon, which was rejected by Congress due to health concerns. The USDA is so dedicated, in fact, that they decided to help forward the approval of genetically modified salmon by generously funding the cause with nearly $500,000.

The news comes after experiments with the seeds were conducted in five African nations, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Monsanto’s drought-resistant corn seeds were given to African farmers facing drought conditions, replacing traditional and sustainable farming with Monsanto’s GMO crops. Bill Gates himself has purchased 500,000 Monsanto stocks as of August 2010, and has heavy ties with Monsanto and even genetically modified mosquitoes which could be released in Florida early next year.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/12/usd ... -more.html

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:37 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Lynnwood wrote:
JUST FOUND THIS - VERY VERY COOL!!!

SEND A MESSAGE FROM SANTA TO YOUR CHILD/GRANDCHILD

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

Lynn - thank you, thank you, thank you!

You just made my youngest grandson's Christmas! East Texas got one, too! ;)

My dear daughter-in-law cried at the wonder on dear grandson's face when he watched the video.

Folks - this is truly awesome and I would urge you to give it a try!

BB, same thing here. You are so welcome!! My granddaughter is 4, she'll be 5 in April. The look on her face was incredible. She wanted to show every person that came in the house that she got a messagfe from Santa. As she showed each person (other grandparents, relatives), she watched their faces at her favorite parts, she was sooo excited to be on the "Nice" list. This is so well done, it's a keeper!

I'm really glad to have shared it in time to give two more kids a message from Santa, and a very happy memory.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:37 am

Lynnwood - sent you a PM for that link...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:13 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

trying to hide the decrease on the rotational speed value of earth:
-1 Sideral Day
-2 Solar Day (a)
Quote:
The amount of time it takes for the Earth to turn on its axis is known as the sidereal day. And the amount of time it takes for the Sun to return to the same spot is called a solar day. The difference comes from the fact that the Earth is orbiting around the Sun, completing one orbit in just over 365 days. If you divide 24 hours by 365 days, you’ll see that you’re left with about 4 minutes per day. In other words, the Earth rotates on its axis, but it’s also orbiting around the Sun, so the Sun’s position in the sky catches up by 4 minutes each day.

By Eliminate "Leap Seconds" In 2012 (b)

Quote:
leap seconds serve a much less predictable purpose: adding a second to the clock in an unpredictable pattern to account for slight, unpredictable changes in the Earth's rotation on its axis, caused by things like the gradual slowing of Earth's rotation caused by the friction of ocean tides or the gravitational pull of the moon.

Simply put, every now and then we have to stop the clock for a second, so the Earth's rotation can catch up to our measurement of time.

According to a press release from BIPM, government representatives at the World Radio Conference of the International Telecommunication Union in Geneva, Switzerland will decide whether or not these adjustments are to continue when they convene in January 2012.

Notes:
(a)
http://www.universetoday.com/47181/earths-rotation/
(b)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/2 ... 71617.html

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:03 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Just in case:
Quote:
Anonymous Survival Guide for Citizens in a Revolution Version 1.0 This is a snapshot of what Anonymous thinks will be useful for your survival in case of a violent revolution in your country. As most of Anonymous works, it will be constantly changed, reused, improved etc. So watch for newer releases. The guide is far fom beeing complete and is no panacea, so DO NOT SWITCH OFF YOUR BRAIN.

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2011/10/26/a ... volution/#

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

In the last days of December 2011, more Cliff's notes:
Quote:
Potential, Probability, and Outcome

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/destiny.html

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the HPH pointer recall - have not been there for a while, as I prefer to listen to the interviews when I can find them. Surfing the site, I noticed the following article, which mentioned Patrick Geryl, as I have been reading his stuff this year. Well I'll be damned! Cliff has posted a future possibilty view of the 2012 doomsday scenario that has really grabbed my attention.

Certainly makes a lot of mince meat out of the NL/Zeta/PX theory!! Highly recommended imo...

2012 – Doom ain't What It Used to Be.

Quote:
Expando Planet Model

The Expando Planet model is a sub set of the Expando Universe model of reality to which we will return in a bit. We start with Einstein and the much discussed, debated, and hated, E=MC2 equation.

In Einstein, and Newtonian understanding of physics, energy transforms into matter and vice versa, so if you twist on uranium in just the right way with energy, it will transform a bunch of its own matter into energy very rapidly and thus we have nuclear plants and bombs based on this principle of 'exciting' the matter of uranium (and other radioactive elements) to convert to energy. Well...in this universe, equations work both ways, so theoretically we could take a bunch of energy and 'condense' it into matter (assuming we knew how). This matter could be as dense as version as we desired given that we are condensing it out of energy. So we would initially get simple molecules such as hydrogen and helium, but if we persisted, we could continue to coagulate the energy into denser molecules like oil, or iron, or gold. And thus is explained how the whole alchemy transmutation thing works. By condensation.

So, in the Expando Planet model, the continuous stream of energy from the Sun goes not only to the surface of the planets, but also to the center of the planets, where, given the correct conditions, and the existence of an active plasma core (Mars, as an aside, has none, and is therefore, a 'dead' planet), this energy is transmuted into matter. Note also that plasma is a great form of an 'energetic antenna' and actually (in laboratories) seems to draw energy to it via sympathetic resonance.
Snip

The rest Here: - http://www.halfpasthuman.com/aintwhatitusedtobe.html

:hmm :clap

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:53 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

2011, The Year Nothing Happened

In the season of ‘Top 10 Of The Year…’ roundups, an amusingly sane ‘good read’ summary from – of all places - CNN

CNN wrote:
(CNN) -- Until 2011, we were in a Rip Van Winkle-world. Events unfolded so fast that every morning, we seemed to wake up in circumstances unrecognizably transformed from those of the previous night. Yet this year has broken the mold. Nothing happened: certainly, nothing worthy of record by an historian like me [Professor Felipe Fernandez-Armesto].

You can imagine the almanac-writers' dilemma as they prepare copy for New Year's Eve, struggling to make the year seem memorable. They'll headline Osama bin Laden's death, but he was a has-been who had ceased to influence history and whose death can make no difference to our world except by adding one more item to anti-Americans' already tedious list of grievances.

Newspapers will parade pictures of the Arab Spring, which dethroned Tweedle-dum in favor of Tweedle-dee. Recycled photo montages will revive the embarrassment of an expensive wedding in London, in which a prince of feeble attainments played a bit part in a show dominated by trash celebrities. The death of Kim Jong Il will get little coverage -- partly because few good pictures will be available, partly because it really doesn't matter. The Durban talks on climate change hardly merit a mention: They confirmed not only that environmental change is now out of human control but also that no one is prepared to make real, urgent effort to try to do anything about it.

The U.S. "drawdown" from Iraq may get some deserved applause, but it has come too late to make much difference to the long-term misfortunes of a war that was worse than a crime, because it was also a mistake. Pundits will reissue dire pronouncements about the European debt crisis, but it already looks as if I was right, when the crisis broke, to predict in British and Spanish media that the euro will emerge barely scathed, with the EU, if anything, marginally strengthened.

Politicians have supplied some real-life comic opera to enliven the generally cheerless, pointless record. Silvio Berlusconi added "bumpa-bumpa" to the world's lexicon. Nicolas Sarkozy entertained us with his impersonation of the gait and patience of a Gallic cockerel. Jacques Chirac devised amusing excuses to escape jail.

Politicians' posturings reached new heights of self-ridicule when Hugo Chávez, a noisy mountebank, whose gestures always seem to have the impact of a feebly flung custard pie, called President Obama a clown. The U.S. congressional impasse did only modest harm to America but made the country a world-wide laughing-stock.

The inane antics of Republican presidential candidates brought smiles to the faces of U.S. recession victims. Rick Perry couldn't remember which departments he wanted to abolish. Herman Cain revealed unexpected depths in the sex life of a pizza guy. Even Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich became funny in a desperate sort of way when Republican voters turned to the unelectable twins in revulsion from all the other options. But the candidates' parade seemed mainly to show the poverty of democracy and the shallowness of voters' morals. Members of the debate audiences bayed for the blood of death-row inmates and uninsured hospital patients. State legislatures courted the votes of the hateful and resentful by victimizing poor immigrants and their innocent children.

2011 ought to have been a great year. Legislation could have unlocked the bank vaults and reversed recession. But nothing much happened. Punishment could have made an example of the guilty men of the global economic crisis, but the fat cats have gone on gorging.

Action could have gutted corruption out of the U.S. political system -- but the 2012 election will be like all the others, bought by millions of dollars, abandoned by millions of voters. Iran could have rejoined civilization, but, instead, the irrational alienation of Iranians has continued. Imaginative initiatives could have helped to reverse the clash of civilizations, but inter-communal violence has gone on accumulating. I relish unmemorable years: They make it easier for me to update my textbook on the history of the world. They absolve me from further work. But, on the scale of those of 2011, missed opportunities are bad for all of us.

The year's non-events have, at least, taught us two truths. First, the global political system is sclerotic. The inertia of the U.S. government, with decision-making deadlocked and almost every program frozen -- the promising and menacing alike -- seems representative of a world baffled into pusillanimity by the scale of its problems, while the feebleness of the EU's response to the financial crisis has shown the same sort of freeze-framing, in a system too clogged with complexity to function.

Second, 2011, like other unremarkable years, has confirmed the already dominant features of the history of our day: intractable economic stagnation, moral and intellectual torpor, tacky culture, environmental degradation. We can congratulate ourselves, as we head into 2012, only on escaping the infamous old Chinese curse: We do not live in interesting times.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/29/opinion/fernandez-armesto-2011-history/index.html?iref=allsearch

Cheers and all good things for the New Year,

Selene

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Hahaha - nice graphic Selene...

I would respond to the CNN article as a caution. What I have learnt in time is that the MSN is well employed to form public opinion as to what the Elite want to be perceived. There is not much argument about that fact I would guess. So for CNN to say that not much happened - means to me personally that the Elite want to down play some of the monumental activities that occurred (and which THEY engineered imo) this past year - e.g.: the Arab Spring Movement. And then what about the awakening of the public mind with the OWS movement. What about "O-towelhead" approving the militarisation of Africa? There are 5 new bases in Africa this year alone!

I can go on quoting for a while, but I think my point is made.

Critical thinkers would have a lot more to say on the matter around the world I bet. What say the family here on the GT??

The terrorist agenda is coming to an end, and it is time for the Alien Threat to the people to now be manifest in a material form - so 2012 is going to be one helluva interesting year apart from the Doomsday effect already in place....

:hmm

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

meanwhile
The Mariana Trench Collapse:

The 7 of 10 sequence, like dominoes falling, was
1. for India to tilt and lift on her eastern side, allowing
2. the Sunda Plate to slip under the curve below Sumatra and Java and then
3. a folding of the Philippine and Mariana Plates. (1)
Quote:

The Zetas stated that the folding of these plates in scenario 3 is KEY to acceleration of the 7 of 10 scenarios.

SOZT new ZT on 12/30/2011
We have stated that at some point the Mariana Trench would collapse, and suddenly so. During the past couple weeks, the Australian coastline to the south of the trench has had excessive flooding, and the southern part of the Sunda Plate likewise high tsunami like waves. Where this could be attributed to a rising Indo-Australian Plate and a sinking Sunda Plate, there is more afoot.

When the trench collapses, the Pacific Plate suddenly takes a sharper angle when subducting under the Mariana Plate, pushing the Mariana Plate to accelerate its tilt and fold, which then accelerates the Philippine Plate’s tilt and fold. At the point of collapse there is suddenly MORE water just above the trench, moving in all directions. But such an adjustment is seldom smooth. Waves themselves have heaps and troughs as there is a tendency for water to move as a mass, cohesive. When the trench collapsed, it created a heap, but for buoy 52402 there was a trough reaction, the 15 meter drop on December 13, 2011. The water also moved south, along the deep trench, like along a funnel.
EOZT

Notes:
(1)
http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blog ... 1#comments

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

The year from an emotional perspective

What I learned form this year is :
* Never give in to Fear and Uncertainty
* Doubt 99% of everything you read, because the truth is spun.
* Doubt the 99% in politics, because they only have their own interest at heart.
* Doubt 99% of large corporations, because they care for money over humanity, even when it destroys those who funded it and ultimately the planet.
* Do not give up. even if doom looks like a 99% percent certainty.

Here is to the 99% (us common folk) who work to make a difference.

May we have peace and good will toward all in 2012.

MT7

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:42 am
GT Truther

Sky wrote:

I would respond to the CNN article as a caution. What I have learnt in time is that the MSN is well employed to form public opinion as to what the Elite want to be perceived. ....... So for CNN to say that not much happened - means to me personally that the Elite want to down play some of the monumental activities that occurred (and which THEY engineered imo) this past year - e.g.: the Arab Spring Movement. And then what about the awakening of the public mind with the OWS movement. What about "O-towelhead" approving the militarisation of Africa? There are 5 new bases in Africa this year alone!

.......<snip for space>

The terrorist agenda is coming to an end, and it is time for the Alien Threat to the people to now be manifest in a material form - so 2012 is going to be one helluva interesting year apart from the Doomsday effect already in place....

:hmm

Well said, Sky - and I agree. The blindness of an historian (Prof. Fernandez-Armesto) to the import of the OWS movement is an uncanny "miss" for sure. (I don't blame the guy personally, he just represents the kind of numb mainstream mindset that got us into this mess in the first place.) OWS could well represent the biggest shift in many, many years. We've only seen its beginning in 2011, not its end.

Cheers - and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all!

:banana :banana :banana

Selene

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 am
Site Admin

2012 (It Ain't The End)
Jay Sean

Oh oh
2-0-1-2
Oh-yeah
It's alright, Oh It's alright
You know what they say
Life ain't always easy everyday

we're survivors

So forget the day
It's all about tonight act a fool
and start a riot, a riot be rebel
Bottles poppin 'til we can't stand
We keep it rocking 'til 6 am
New York to London over to Japan

Turn it up .. Turn It Up.. Mash it up

We gonna party like
Party like it's the end of the world
We gonna party like, like it's 2012

You know that it doesn't matter as long as we got each other
Turn it up.. Turn it up .. Mash it up
It ain't the end of the world

Happy New Year, GTers just a tad early! :wavey :heart

Got the champagne chillin' in the fridge.

Got the black eyed peas, greens and corn ready to go.

It's gonna be 2012 in a few short hours and I can not wait to see the fireworks over Sydney Harbor and Tokyo!

:babykick

Wishing each of you a peaceful and prosperous 2012!

It will get better... ;)

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:01 pm
GT Truther

There went Pennsylvania! (c;

http://sincedutch.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... n-sinking/

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:50 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
After a momentous year, people worldwide ring in 2012
By Laura Smith-Spark, CNN

(CNN) -- As the clock strikes midnight around the world Saturday, people are ushering in a new year with fireworks and festivities, purpose and promises -- and a string of resolutions they'll no doubt break.

First to ring in 2012 were those in the western Pacific, where the new year arrived for residents of Samoa, Tokelau and the Christmas Islands at 5 a.m. ET.

Samoa and Tokelau -- historically the last to celebrate new year -- reveled in being the first to party this time round, after skipping west across the international dateline, missing out 30 December entirely in the process, in a move intended to boost trade.

New Zealand was next to bid farewell to a year that brought more than its share of natural disasters, with fireworks bursting through a blanket of fog to light up Auckland's Sky Tower.

Dazzling pyrotechnics above Sydney's harbor got 2012 off to a spectacular start in Australia, with huge crowds gathered to watch.

From there, the midnight revelry is working its way west, with more fireworks over Moscow, London and places in between.

In South Korea, the Boshingak bell in downtown Seoul chimed 33 times to celebrate the occasion, while in Japan, many families ate a bowl of long noodles together to symbolize the bridge from one year to the next.

In Laos and Cambodia, Buddhist temples will strike their gongs 108 times to cast out 108 types of human weakness.

The celebrations will move across Europe, where as many as 250,000 people are expected to throng the banks of the River Thames in London to watch the night light up as the U.K. capital rings in the new year with a massive fireworks display.

London has much to be optimistic about. It will be home to the Summer Olympics in 2012, and the pyrotechnics will herald "the most extraordinary and exciting year we are likely to see in our lifetime in this city," the city mayor, Boris Johnson, has promised.

In Spain, many will swallow a grape with each stroke of the midnight bell. Twelve grapes, 12 tolls, hopes of 12 months of good fortune.

North and South America will be the last continents to usher in 2012, with small parties and massive celebrations.

Read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/31/world/americas/new-year-celebrations/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN has some video of the Sydney fireworks - awesome as usual. Well down folks from the Land Down Under! :wavey

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 am

Wishing all in the GT family a happy and blessed New year!

It's gonna be a cracker of a 2012 and looking fwd to all the positive news to counter all the dooms day stuff out there.

Doing at least one bottle of champers tonight here... :tounge

Love to you all!! :heart

:drunks

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... j65aEroq7w

did ya'll see this?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:44 am
GT Truther

barbarian wrote:

did ya'll see this?

Indeed:

Stereo Behind Hi 1
Nibiru Gravitational and Magnetic interactions in the atmosphere of Venus?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:45 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Oh WOW - Sydney fireworks 2012 are above and beyond .... Have a happy and healthy new year to y'all ... Avid xxxxx

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:29 pm
GT Truther

avid wrote:

Oh WOW - Sydney fireworks 2012 are above and beyond .... Have a happy and healthy new year to y'all ... Avid xxxxx

Wowie zowie! Definately the best. Ever. Must watch, y'all.

Ozzies rock!

Thanks, Avid. I'm sending this to all my friends. :wavey

Cheers,

Selene

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:40 pm
GT Truther

Sending greetings to all for a healthy, wealthy and enlightening 2012 during which all of your highest aspirations and hopes are fulfilled.

This is THE year that we've all be anticipating for 'quite a while' and whilst I do expect this to be an eventful year I also VERY MUCH expect to be here sharing a similar greeting in 12 months from now.

BTW, according to the latest webbots March will see the start of hyperinflation. It might be a good idea to try to get your utilities on a fixed rate / locked-in 2 year contract as this will make life easier when prices start rocketing skywards.

2012 will see a massive child porno (and worse) scandal which is catastrophically bad for the Catholic Church.

Avid, I saw the Sydney fireworks live on TV, my mother saw it too and commentated on how amazing it is to watch live TV from Australia and how not so long ago (ie: when she was a child) such a concept would have been sci-fi. My, how technology has changed the world in recent decades (for the better)... something to marvel about!

:wavey

Simon

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:50 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next