It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:05 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 6.2 2012 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 6.2 2011-2012
Raising the cost and removing content from the internet :flame
Technology creates content for/by people, which is contrast to dictatorial contend control by media industry. :fight
Media wants to control any and all messages, for better profit and control. :fu
Basic creative content is guilty until proven innocent.
We should not be only consumers.
All Humans need want/desire to be producing and sharing.

Quote:
defend our freedom to create, discuss, link and share

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:46 pm
GT Truther

On the other front:

Because of NDAA, we are all Manning's now

And the saga continues:

Quote:
In a sworn affidavit presented to the Article 32 hearing, the military equivalent of a pre-trial appearance, she said Pte Manning had been "penetrating networks for over a year".

But when Major Kemkes demanded to know how that was possible, given that Pte Manning had only been deployed to Iraq for seven months between October 2009 and May 2010, the special agent admitted: "I can't say for sure that he was doing it for over a year."

When asked whether she was comfortable that an affidavit with mistakes had served as the basis for Private Manning's year and a half pre-trial detention, she said: "That was the information we had at the time."

She also admitted that footage of a 2007 air strike in Iraq, which horrified the world as it showed American helicopters gunning down two journalists, had been falsely described as "classified" when it was not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8963582/Private-Bradley-Manning-wanted-to-call-himself-Breanna-on-Twitter-US-military-court-is-told.html

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:59 pm
GT Truther

Quote:
"Congress can't solve the problems of unemployment, they can’t solve the problems of the deficit. Yet as soon as a lobbyist shows up with $94 million, Democrats and Republicans line up to co-sponsor [SOPA]. Something is wrong.”

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 pm
GT Truther

Today was nuts, right?

Google launched a petition. Wikipedia voted to shut itself off. Senators' websites went down just from the sheer surge of voters trying to write them. NYC and SF geeks had protests that packed city blocks.

You made history today: nothing like this has ever happened before. Tech companies and users teamed up. Tens of millions of people who make the internet what it is joined together to defend their freedoms. The free network defended itself. Whatever you call it, the bottom line is clear: from today forward, it will be much harder to mess up the internet.

The really crazy part? We might even win.

Approaching Monday's crucial Senate vote there are now 35 Senators publicly opposing PIPA. Last week there were 5. And it just takes just 41 solid "no" votes to permanently stall PIPA (and SOPA) in the Senate. What seemed like miles away a few weeks ago is now within reach.

But don't trust predictions. The forces behind SOPA & PIPA (mostly movie companies) can make small changes to these bills until they know they have the votes to pass. Members of Congress know SOPA & PIPA are unpopular, but they don't understand why--so they're easily duped by superficial changes. The Senate returns next week, and the next few days are critical. Here are two things to think about:

1. Plan on calling your Senator every day next week. Pick up the phone each morning and call your Senators' offices, until they vote "no" on cloture. If your site participated today, consider running a "Call the Senate" link all next week.

2. Tomorrow, drop in at your Senators' district offices. We don't have a cool map widget to show you the offices nearest you (we're too exhausted! any takers?). So do it the old fashioned way: use Google, or the phonebook to find the address, and just walk in, say you oppose PIPA, and urge the Senator to vote "no" on cloture. These drop-in visits make our spectacular online protests more tangible and credible.

That's it for now. Be proud and stay on it!

--Holmes, Tiffiniy, and the whole Fight for the Future team.

___

P.S. Huge credit goes to participants in the 11/16 American Censorship Day protest: Mozilla, 4chan, BoingBoing, Tumblr, TGWTG, and thousands of others. That's what got this ball rolling! Reddit, both the community and the team behind it, you're amazing. And of course, thanks to the Wikimedians whose patient and inexorable pursuit of the right answer brought them to take world-changing action. Thanks to David S, David K, Cory D, and E Stark for bold action at critical times.

P.P.S. If you haven't already, show this video to as many people as you can. It works! http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 am
Profile YIM

mountaintiger7 wrote:
Quote:
"Congress can't solve the problems of unemployment, they can’t solve the problems of the deficit. Yet as soon as a lobbyist shows up with $94 million, Democrats and Republicans line up to co-sponsor [SOPA]. Something is wrong.”

Love that vid MT7!!

Nice and Sensible :slap

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:33 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

mountaintiger7 wrote:

Wow what drugs are they on? whatever they are I WANT SOME!! :shock: :crylaugh I have to goto the CHOP SHOP in about 12 days to have about six to eight teeth removed all at once and maybe one drilled 'n filled :awe :scared Hopefully he (Dental surgeon: Robert M. Elphinstone B.D.S. B.Sc)
Wont do another horror job like he did last time. :scared I was in Pain for three (3) Weeks with no cash and no PAINKILLERS :yamon :crazy NEVER AGAIN :nono :noway :gah

EYE TOOTH!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:15 am
Profile YIM

Hey fr33k - you sure that was not a Fang? :slap

Sure wishing you well for that procedure dude!

I too have to go to have an extraction. An old tooth that had mercury in it which I removed a while ago, but alas it did not survive the Hg attack!

So six extractions are a hurdle to survive for sure! Good luck with that!

:heart

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:44 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
Hey fr33k - you sure that was not a Fang? :slap

Sure wishing you well for that procedure dude!

I too have to go to have an extraction. An old tooth that had mercury in it which I removed a while ago, but alas it did not survive the Hg attack!

So six extractions are a hurdle to survive for sure! Good luck with that!

:heart

Eye tooth is a FANG it was my top right canine I hate going to the dentist the guy that did the procedure on (December the thirteenth two thousand and eleven) did a shocking job last time I was there He put the numbing solution on the inside of my mouth and forgot to do the outside then proceeded to stick the needle into my gum in front of the tooth WITHOUT numbing it first while he (the dentist) grabbed my top lip and started wiggling my lip manually with his hand he pushed the needle right up to the edge of my nose, the whole right hand side of my nose went numb, My face ballooned. Then he stuck the needle beside where he previously had numbed yeah you heard me to the side of where he numbed me at this point sweat was running all over my forehead and he stuck the needle in further I felt the needle hit BONE then he took out a "large elevator" and he said "Now I'm going to apply some pressure" Oh my god it felt like he was trying to rip my skull out then he got the root tip elevator out and stuck it either side of the tooth and was thrashing the gum line it felt like the dentist was gouging corkscrew shaped holes in my gum that surrounded the tooth i felt it all it was hideous pain for three (3) Weeks and he says he's going to try and save a tooth on my lower left half of my jaw using a DRILL and making it a composite filling :scared :awe so I get six to eight teeth taken each time and
I have to go Back two more times after this first appointment to get the rest taken out except the ten front ones in the lower jaw.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:13 am
Profile YIM

There's a new series premiering on NatGeo: Doomsday Preppers. Interesting..... :hmm

Via the National Geographic website: Unique in their beliefs, motivations and strategies, explore the lives of four families preparing for the end of the world as we know it. From bunkers to fortified off-the-grid locations, these doomsday preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of life’s uncertainties. And with our expert’s assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears became a reality.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

FBI Shut Down File Share Server
named Mega Upload:
http://techland.time.com/2012/01/19/fed ... g-website/

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Beat me to it, recall! :clap

Quote:
Indictment Charges Megaupload Site With Piracy

According to a grand jury indictment, Megaupload — one of the most popular “locker” services on the Internet, which lets users anonymously transfer large files — generated $175 million in income for its operators through subscription fees and advertising, while causing $500 million in damages to copyright holders.

Four of the seven people, including the site’s founder Kim Dotcom, born Kim Schmitz, have been arrested in New Zealand, the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Thursday; the three others remain at large. The seven — who a grand jury indictment calls part of a “Mega Conspiracy” — have been charged with five counts of copyright infringement and conspiracy, the authorities said.

The charges, which the government agencies said represented “among the largest criminal copyright cases ever brought by the United States,” come at a charged time, a day after online protests against a pair of antipiracy bills being considered by Congress — the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA, in the House, and the Protect I.P. Act, or PIPA, in the Senate.

The indictment was handed down by a grand jury in Virginia two weeks ago, but was unsealed on Thursday, and stems from a federal investigation that began two years ago.

snip

Read more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/technology/indictment-charges-megaupload-site-with-piracy.html

Just so happens that the indictment and arrests were made public on the very same day that some of the Internet went dark.

Right!

And I still believe in the tooth fairy!

Be well, freak! ;) :heart

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:10 pm
GT Truther

Hi Sky

I have a question...Do you see chemtrail despensing in Africa?
Curious..
And thank you, the interview was great!

Dex

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Interesting question Dex.

I have personally not ever seen evidence of CT's here. I have also never heard it refered to here.

My guess is that we are likely spared to date, else we suffer the drift fallout from elsewhere??!?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Internet Traffic 14% above norm...
From Web Monitor Site.
http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

U.S. Man Sentenced for threatening OBAMA

Great just Great! MegaUpload has been killed! SOB :fu :rant :flame :censor :censor

U.S. Shuts MEGAUPLOAD.Com Down Anonymous Retaliates :evil :evil :evil

Oh Look it's the US government right now!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Ron Paul exposes the Neo Cons :clap :clap :clap

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:16 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Could not resist, resistance is futile :slap

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
Ron Paul exposes the Neo Cons :clap :clap :clap

:agree
And

Quote:
CNN was so obviously ignoring Ron Paul in the debate last night that the crowd literally boo'd the moderators and FORCED them to let the Dr. answer

Please notice the the polling adds up to 154% ( 36+35+30+27+26%)
The media can't add :crylaugh

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 am
GT Truther

Things begin to scalate...alas Titor Timeline isn't it?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

More Disclosure than in the US:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

When you try to click on the YouTube link posted above by L2L, you get this message:

"Ron Paul exposes the NEOCONS"
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated wth this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including: [CNBC LLC], [Viacom Internationl Inc], [Sony ATV Publishing]

Just watch, get out the popcorn, he will NOT be allowed to advance.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:25 pm
Profile YIM

Just as well I made a copy of it today then Ruts!! :slap

I kinda like Ron Paul, and maybe it's sympathy - but he always comes across as the last in the queue.

Let trust the young voters of the US give him the nod...

All the other 2 party candidates seem so stuck up. Why did Ron join the Republicans if he was always independant? Or do I have it wrong?

:hmm

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Sky wrote:
Just as well I made a copy of it today then Ruts!! :slap

I kinda like Ron Paul, and maybe it's sympathy - but he always comes across as the last in the queue.

Let trust the young voters of the US give him the nod...

All the other 2 party candidates seem so stuck up. Why did Ron join the Republicans if he was always independant? Or do I have it wrong?

:hmm

Way to go Sky! :clap

Ron Paul is at heart a Libertarian, and ran as one in 1988. However, as politics are set up in this country it is almost impossible for a third party candidate to win the presidential election, hence Ron Paul is running as a Republican.

Traditionally, the Libertarians and Republicans share a lot of views....on the fiscal conservative side they have much in common. Ron Paul can fit in that part of the Republican party.

it is important to note that Ron Paul has never compromised his beliefs to "fit in" with the Republican Party or with anyone or any group. He is the only member of Congress who has consistently voted his beliefs. He has never voted for a bill that is not in accordance with the Constitution.

Four years ago when he was running for the Republican nomination, he stated with finality that he would not run as a third party candidate. However, I noticed this year that he said he had made no decision on that.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Oh deary me - yet another fake president in the EU!!! Thank goodness for Nigel Farage! :shakehead
Although UKIP seems to be small, it's growing in popularity here.

3 Lying b*stards, 1 manipulative presstitute and 1 real, honest, morally responsible man...

Avid

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:52 pm

More groaning earth, this time in Calgary:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next