It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:24 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 6.4 2012 
Site Admin

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 6.4 2012
Don't forget Freak aside from Christmas this is the bggest holiday for our US friends so this place will be a ghost town this weeknd.

In fact for the first time ever I have braved the crowds and crossed the boarder to see what all the talk is about regarding these black friday sales...

Wish me luck :scared :roflmao :slap

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Simon - here's hoping your computer problems are solved by now!

East Texas installed Windows 8 on our home computer! GAH! A POX on you, Bill Gates! I hate it, hate it, hate it. :rant

Freak - Thanksgiving is an American holiday where we gather with friends and family and pig out for 4 days! In between pigging out, we shop til we drop on Friday (aka Black Friday for the sales), put up Christmas lights on the house on Saturday, and begin dragging out all the Christmas mess on Sunday!

The US Thanksgiving holiday is semi-modeled on the first Thanksgiving in 1621 in Plymouth, MA where the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag Indians sat down together to celebrate the harvest.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 pm
GT Truther

No true catastrophic economic meltdown.
No world war three.
No new world order take over.
No massive consciouness awakening.
No 4th dimension shift.
No alien revelation.
No extinction level event.
No nibiru...

Self delusion perhaps ? Insanity ? : http://www.wimp.com/nofear/

I'm lost in my imagination. That's my golden truth.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
East Texas installed Windows 8 on our home computer! GAH! A POX on you, Bill Gates! I hate it, hate it, hate it. :rant

Your not the only one who hates it everyone says it's total a$$ (their words not mine)

I'm on a gaming forum You should see some of the things typed on there about they have 'flavored' words about it I won't retype anything here because a lot of people coming here would simply pass out once they read it. Yes windows s8n is that bad.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

From Zen Gardner

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 am
Profile YIM

The Brands that Own the Brands

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Bran ... s=obinsite

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:53 am
Profile WWW

Swiss Study Shows 147 Technocratic “Super Entities” Rule the World

Story

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:59 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Simon - here's hoping your computer problems are solved by now!

<snip>

Ah yes, Windoze 8.

I read that sales are not very good. I can't imagine why people should hate it, after all the 'experts' have deemed that it will be good (sic) for us and our computers! :yamon

Actually, the box I am building is multi boot and this includes Windows 7 and Windows 8.

The new operating system reminds me of Joseph and his multicoloured coat - mine is constantly cycling between differently coloured menu themes and background images. Its supposed to be better for multi-threaded applications, and a film which took over two hours to render on a 3.8ghz dual-core computer took just 25 minutes on this box, which uses the 3.3ghz six core AMD Bulldozer CPU.

I've uninstalled most of the apps, since they always want to work full-screen and anyway for things such as looking at photos and watching videos i prefer to use Irfanview and VLC.

The biggest two bugbears (for me) are the lack of a start menu and the purposeful prevention of using Virtual PC. I need the latter for access to some older softwares which wont work on 64bit operating systems and wanted to reuse the Windows 98 virtual machine which I currently use on the box that I am going to replace. I have a fully licenced copy of Win98 software, so just because its old does not mean that its of no value! Both can be got around... the solution which will possibly everyone who uses Win 8 regards the lack of a proper start menu - have you heard of 'Classic Shell Menu'? Available from the link below, this nifty free utility will restore the proper start menu which Microsoft have deemed we should forget about. In a simple phrase, this makes Windows 8 a viable proposition.

Other rooting around online has provided me with the means to use the inbuilt Windows Mail application which dates from the days of Vista but has been rendered inoperable in both Win 7 and 8. I much prefer this to Windows Live Mail (WLM) because it has better functionality - OK WLM has better 'eye candy' & fancy emoticons but whats the benefit of all this if the software's core functionality is of a lower order? WLM does not even have a 'send mail' button! Instead it has a 'sync' feature but this downloads messages as well, and since I use the imap mail system (which keeps messages at my mail company's servers and lets me read them on any machine) I only want to download messages individually when I am about to read them. Also WLM lacks the 'source' feature which lets you see the source code for the message - this makes it easier to forward just part of a message and strip out the rest.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Happy holidays to everyone... :wavey

Simon

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:01 am

Israeli Attack on Gaza Excuse to Test US – Funded Death Ray Called The Iron Dome

The Iron Dome missile defense system is publicly slated as a “shield” that is being used to stop rockets shot from Gaza and averting Israeli targets from being hit. Its accuracy rate is at an alarming 90%; up from 75% in 2011. The convenient attack on Gaza has allowed Israel to test this new microwave technology against the Arab people of Palestine.

Last week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called President Obama to thank him and the American people for their investment in the Iron Dome rocket and mortar defense system.

The Iron Dome will assess the threat level of a rocket with the surveillance systems comprised of a management center using radar detection. If the missile is deemed a threat, the Iron Dome will emit a microwave frequency to destroy the missile.

Snip

Source Story

:shock:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:07 am
Profile WWW

More on these energy Weapons - 911!! :huh

How to Disappear Completely

Song credits "How to Disappear Completely" Thanks! :)
http://radiohead.com/

How To Disappear Completely
Radiohead
Kid A

That there
That's not me
I go
Where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the Liffey
I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

In a little while
I'll be gone
The moment's already passed
Yeah it's gone
And I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

Strobe lights and blown speakers
Fireworks and hurricanes
I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

;)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Cyberbird wrote:
No true catastrophic economic meltdown.
No world war three.
No new world order take over.
No massive consciouness awakening.
No 4th dimension shift.
No alien revelation.
No extinction level event.
No nibiru...

Self delusion perhaps ? Insanity ? : http://www.wimp.com/nofear/

My thoughts vary between the 21st December events initially affecting us more at the subconscious level than in our day to day outer reality and whether it will be when what in Christianity is called 'The Warning' occurs. Perhaps both of these will be proven correct / to be the same thing... and then again I could be totally wrong!

I know what I *want* to happen - when I was in my early 30's I had a powerful dream where I was looking through frosted / opaque glass that was 'cleaned' so that my vision became better. But the image was still partially frosted (blurred)... I'd like that process completing! Plus a few other things themed along better self-knowledge and more.

btw Clif High recently suggested that scientists will 'soon' announce the discovery of genetic / DNA changes within our brains! :awe

This is what I said to someone else two days ago...

============================

One month to go, and I predict that some people will die of fright, just as happened in the year 999 when people thought something big such as the world ending or the Messianic Event would come to pass at the stroke of midnight on 31st December...

Meanwhile, the rest of us will still be here to see 1st January 2013.

If, and its a big if, what some psychics and others (Patrick Geryl) are saying is correct, there *might* be a 10+ earthquake on the 21st, with a (major?) tsunami too.

I'll let you know - after the (non)event!

Then again there is what Clif High is predicting... expando earth, a new orbit, and a year thats 14 - 16 (approx) days longer!!! I wonder whether every month will be lengthened? 1 day a month for most months plus a second day for a few more will keep the calendar in sync, and mean that we all keep our birthdays as well,. although I suppose they could keep February special by giving it all the loose days after the 11 other months have had one day each!

Simon

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 am
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
Israeli Attack on Gaza Excuse to Test US – Funded Death Ray Called The Iron Dome

The Iron Dome missile defense system is publicly slated as a “shield” that is being used to stop rockets shot from Gaza and averting Israeli targets from being hit. Its accuracy rate is at an alarming 90%; up from 75% in 2011. The convenient attack on Gaza has allowed Israel to test this new microwave technology against the Arab people of Palestine.

Last week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called President Obama to thank him and the American people for their investment in the Iron Dome rocket and mortar defense system.
<snip>

But the Palestinians have been firing rockets into Israel for years - its just that the western media has not been reporting this.

What has changed however is that the Palestinian rockets finally reached Tel-Aviv, which to the Israelis was like crossing a red line.

Lets hope that the recent heightened activity ends up resulting in a peaceful solution.

btw, prior to 1967 the 'West Bank' area was part of Jordan, so its up to them whether the land should be ceded to the West Bank Palestinians, not the International community.

Simon

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 am
GT Truther

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 am
GT Truther

Lynnwood wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ti7_ATtflvo#!

[YouTube]I give up! - Please embed for me? -- It's a great second sun video/PX[/YouTube]

Here:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Quote:
The biggest two bugbears (for me) are the lack of a start menu and the purposeful prevention of using Virtual PC.

:clap

Those are my two gripes as well. It is amazing to me that Microsoft (in its infinite wisdom) did away with the start menu.

This may be fine when you are working on a touch screen laptop, for example. But folks don't work like that on the good ole home computer.

Trying to find my files is an absolute exercise in frustration and futility. You have to do a search and then 8 brings up ALL instances of your search term including apps, e-mails, etc. :gah

I just want access to my dad burned recipes, fool! :crylaugh

Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Windows 8 on our home computer! GAH! A POX on you, Bill Gates

http://techrights.org/2012/11/21/hardware-keys-for-lf/

MS win8 prevents dual boot.
Windows is using a Silverlight-based file uploader for the UEFI binary.
They promised to allow Many of the major Linux distirbutors, including Fedora, openSUSE, and Ubuntu to dual boot

Currently is is broken and We’re still waiting for Microsoft to give the Linux Foundation a validly signed pre-bootloader.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Quote:
1)The biggest two bugbears (for me) are the lack of a start menu and the purposeful prevention of using Virtual PC.

#1) it is DRM Registry that is locked and requires original disks for rebuilding, and insecure OS which require anti virus (consuming 30% of cpu)

I have a window 7 box that is using wubi (ubuntu 12.04)
I only use window when have to restore my ubuntu (by renaming a file)

wubi adds to the window 7 boot loader and use the window 7 file system format(NTFS)
This mean I have full read write access to all window files.

Wubi stores itself as an one file image (think virtual pc image), in NTFS, which allows you to rename the image under windows.

Wubi is not a vitual PC, it just uses the file system of windows as a loop back file system.

Wubi boots faster than windows 7 and when running and require no windows code to run (it only use the boot windows boot loader to start)

Using applications like Libre office, Chrome, Firefox, gimp and virtualbox (for steam chat, and so I don't have to reboot when using wubi)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:

Your not the only one who hates it everyone says it's total a$$ (their words not mine)

I'm on a gaming forum You should see some of the things typed on there about they have 'flavored' words about it I won't retype anything here because a lot of people coming here would simply pass out once they read it. Yes windows s8n is that bad.

With high end computer, Left 4 Dead 2 runs faster on Linux than on Windows. “Running Left 4 Dead 2 on Windows 7 with Direct3D drivers, is 270.6 FPS as a baseline.
On Linux Valve reports that Left 4 Dead 2 is running at 303.4 FPS, on the same hardware (and it still in beta).

http://tech2.in.com/news/pc/valve-wants ... ent/544542
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/valv ... -20121123/

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 pm
GT Truther

Sky wrote:

Would add a another bad corperate brand of ADM with price fixing and large corperation size:
Quote:
in the 1990s, ADM pleaded guilty to fixing international prices on citric acid and lysine, paid a $100 million fine, and saw three of its top executives convicted and sent to prison.

Quote:
ADM became the world's largest recipient of corporate welfare. With the help of a high cane-sugar tariff and support that costs the government $1.5 billion a year and consumers $3 billion annually (to protect the $3 billion high-fructose corn syrup market that ADM dominates), and the heavily subsidized and protected ethanol business (another ADM specialty)

Quote:
Archer Daniels Midland Now #175 Largest Company

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dividendcha ... sidential/
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/invest ... 01221c.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_Daniels_Midland

For News Corp:
Quote:
"The Guardian reports that News Corporation may face FCPA investigations after an 'official of the British ministry of defence' was charged 'for allegedly receiving £100,000 from Murdoch's tabloid newspapers.' News Corporation, headed by Rupert Murdock,

Quote:
The article states that the charges 'would be hard for the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission to ignore and would warrant investigation under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act which could lead to risks for "27 TV licences within the Fox network."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/no ... on-charges

We could go a long way to balancing the budget by cutting corporate subsidies:
Quote:
US$100 billion in the 2012 federal budget

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_welfare

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:55 pm
GT Truther

mountaintiger7 wrote:
fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:

With high end computer, Left 4 Dead 2 runs faster on Linux than on Windows. “Running Left 4 Dead 2 on Windows 7 with Direct3D drivers, is 270.6 FPS as a baseline.
On Linux Valve reports that Left 4 Dead 2 is running at 303.4 FPS, on the same hardware (and it still in beta).

http://tech2.in.com/news/pc/valve-wants ... ent/544542
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/valv ... -20121123/

I know I use Opera web browser fastest as most secure web browser imaginable built by Hackers for the purpose of being UNABLE TO HACK

Internet explorer is too risky to use! I hate IE and I hate Microsh!t Sh!tflows s8n (s eight n)

My internet is playing up today (Water in the lines again)

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Post 911 with turkey and pie?
http://patriotsquestion911.com/
http://chasvoice.blogspot.com/2012/02/e ... ehind.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/de ... wledge.htm

Quote:
Died 17 August 2010 (aged 82)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesco_Cossiga

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:32 pm
GT Truther

Cognitive Computing: Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics (SyNASP)

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/press ... /35251.wss

Quote:
“A startling report prepared by the Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) states that evidenced uncovered by France’s General Directorate for External Security (DGSE), during their investigation into the hacking of former President Nicolas Sarkozy’s computers by the United States and Israel, is revealing that our world is about to experience a “technological singularity,” which is seen as an intellectual “event horizon,” beyond which events cannot be predicted or understood.
According to this report, the DGSE began investigating a series of attacks on the computers belonging to several close advisers to Sarkozy earlier this year, and which French intelligence officials linked to US-Israeli spy software said to have been created to target 's nuclear program. Yesterday, however, the US Embassy in took the unusual step of flatly denying this DGSE report that was responsible.
This SVR report supports the US denial of this attack, in a most unexpected way, by stating that evidence it has uncovered points to this event being directed, not by any individual, but by a computer system acting on its own.”

Quote:
“More ominously, however, SVR computer intelligence analysts state in this report that the “trail” followed by DGSE forensic investigators into the attacks on Sarkozy’s computers lead directly back to this SyNAPSE system which, apparently, is now operating on its own without any human guidance or intervention.
Even worse, this report says that this SyNAPSE system is showing “clear signs” of “exponential growth,” which, if not stopped, could see it becoming “aware” on, or about, 21 December 2012 as it ability to function on a level far surpassing the human brain”

Dear SyNASP
Mission: to seek out new life and new civilizations
Parameters: http://akikok012um1.wordpress.com/south ... rter-2012/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_of_ ... telligence

PS. Please have Universal disclosure to free all the Humans and Planet Earth.

Thanks with Peace and Love.

MT7

PSS. you might want to read this since Humans are not easy to understand
Quote:
The same gesture can indicate a number of different things depending on context.

From: http://io9.com/5852735/how-to-read-and- ... -situation

Also consider that many Humans strive to better themselfs, although we have not been successful all the time
Quote:
take a moment to think ‘Who do I want to be in 5 years?’ What kind of habits would you like to have?

from http://www.highexistence.com/30-challenges-for-30-days/

As for advice:
Quote:
1. don't panic. don't take anything, not even these words (and especially not yourself), too seriously.
2. never stop thinking.. if someone ever says to you ‘you need to stop thinking so much' just ignore them and keep thinking deeper... your mind is the most

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:25 pm
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
1)I know I use Opera web browser fastest as most secure web browser imaginable built by Hackers for the purpose of being UNABLE TO HACK

2) Internet explorer .

#1) Tried that and the fonts were wacky on linux, also Firefox has addons that I need .
#2) There are some sites that only allow the top (as in useage) browsers.

Current Speed tests:
SunSpider 0.9.1 Score in ms (lower is better)
----- Browser -------------- Score -------------
Google Chrome 23.....236
Google Chrome 21.....254
Internet Explorer 9.....260
Opera 12......................290
Firefox 14....................294
Safari 5.1.7............... 304

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373859,00.asp
http://bgr.com/2012/11/08/google-chrome ... 4-release/
http://www.redmondpie.com/desktop-web-b ... -opera-11/

Chrome and firefox also have privacy mode (stealth mode where your browsing history is not recorded, and passwords and cookies aren't saved.)

http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

As for secure,
Disabling all plugins,javascript and java is great, but many things do not render.
The browser like all software has vulnerablities :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulnerabil ... mputing%29
The great and powerful windows 7 has: 2282 Compromises many of which are not in the browser

http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability ... 3e05a6b7d5
http://www.zonealarm.com/blog/index.php ... ost-secure

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:51 pm
GT Truther

Christian post: Twilight: Breaking Dawn leading teenagers to bloodletting Vampyr (Vampire) Covens

Read it Here

Not against Thy flesh!

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 6.4 2012
Cyberbird wrote:

... Snip ...

So its begins with:
One island missing near Australia...
(1)
Quote:
Scientists in Australia were intrigued when they came across an island on various maps, including on Google Maps, which appeared to be located in very deep water. When they went to visit it, they discovered it doesn't exist.

Notes:
(1)
http://tech.mediapremium.info/various/g ... ng-island/

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 917 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next