It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:33 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 6.6 2013 
Site Admin

Post Re: Welcome to the The Golden Thread, Volume 6.6 2013
fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
Is it just me or have internet Icons on forums and elsewhere come up real screwy!

No, freak, I haven't noticed any problems. Can you be a bit more specific?

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm
Site Admin

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
News.com.au wrote:
No itty bitty shnitty: Do Australians eat more than Americans?

September 09, 2013 5:38PM

Delicious schnitty (Schnitzel) ... And expensive.

*Licks Mouth* (Average Dinner serving in Australia!)

THE results are in. And they're not as obvious as you might think.

As the world's most obese nation, you would think Americans spend a mint on food. But they're well down the list of developed countries that spend the most cash on eating.

The Huffington Post calculated the amount of money residents in different countries spent on groceries, dining out, alcohol and tobacco in 2012, using data collected from the USDA and EuroMonitor International.

Surprisingly, Australia beat the US.

We came in at number 3 on the list of countries analyzed and America was way down at number 18, behind Italy (#12), France (#15) and big eaters Switzerland (#1).

The average Australian spent $7277 on food in 2012, compared to $4431 by the average American.

Broken down, we spent $3814 on groceries, $2131 on restaurant meals and $1331 on tobacco and alcohol.

I think the reason the US is so far down the list is because we actually do have cheaper food sources than other countries. We also have soooo many more grocery stores.

In my area we have:

Krogers
HEB
Aldi
Randalls
Walmart
Target
Sam's
Costco
Fresh Market
Central Market
Whole Foods

plus numerous farmer's markets and co-ops. In addition, a lot of our pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS also sell limited grocery items. That's a heck of a lot of competition for my grocery money.

East Texas and I have now gotten to the point where we only shop for sale items at the grocery store each week. Through prepping, we managed to stockpile a goodly amount of food we eat all the time.

We also have a home garden and put it to good use. We can and freeze the produce we grow in our garden.

My grocery bill for two people runs about $100 US/week. We rarely eat out and neither of us drink or smoke (yea me - one month cig free!)

That amount of money also includes dog food. It does not include paper products or cleaning supplies.

I think we do a pretty good job with our grocery money. Last year - it was double or triple that amount but we were seriously prepping then. I was buying a lot of rice, pasta, dried beans, canned goods, and meat for the freezer. We've been able to reap the rewards of that prepping the last few months. Thank goodness!

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:00 pm
GT Truther

I just wanted to mention that at the age of 58 (6 years ago) I became a vegetarian. I understand that we should focus on how we treat other humans, but non-human animals should also be treated kindly in my opinion. The fact that many compassionate humans exclude non-human animals from their compassion reveals a hypocritical attitude in my opinion. This is an uncomfortable issue for many people that are usually quite compassionate.

I just wanted to say this once here. No need to answer.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
GT Truther

It's happening with avatars and Icon in the wrong places some extra huge other small and skinny some small and wide some miniature avatar's switching with forum Icons and other weird stuff

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:31 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
Is it just me or have internet Icons on forums and elsewhere come up real screwy!

I don't notice anything weird Peter...

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 am
Site Admin

I notice your avatar (freak) is not showing today.

Like Lynn, I have not noticed anything unusual. Could be on your end? :hmm

midnight - :clap :heart

My husband and I go meatless one day a week (Monday). I can't get that good ole Texas redneck to go vegan. :crylaugh

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 am
GT Truther

That looks nice (apart from the toadstools [sic], which I prefer to avoid) ... perhaps the quantity is somewhat too much, however if it tasted as it looked I might "go overboard". I also like the meat-less versions of schnitzel which can be bought in some shops.

Also not veggie I usually only eat meat at home and even then only a maximum of four days a week with fish on two other days. I would have tried to go completely meetless when I was a teenager (albeit still eating fish) but my mother was a butcher's daughter and thought that meat was a staple food. Later I was convinced by a holistic dietician that as I am blood group O I must eat meat... its the bread and pasta that I should give up. :flame :-( I adore cheese pasta dishes Ravioli, etc. but because of what they do to the waistline only eat them as special treats.

===========================================

The BBC is saying that tonight (Tues 10th September 2013) Obama will be giving a special TV address to the people of the USA. The topic will be Syria, although I wonder whether anything else will be raised? The Zetan message? Matters fiscal? I've seen a message (on a yahoo group) about the global currency reset which hinted that it would happen on 11th September this year. :popcorn :popcorn

Simon

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 pm
GT Truther

Speaking of amphibians (sort of):

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm
GT Truther

Lynnwood wrote:
Speaking of amphibians (sort of):

Eww.. A frog. Agh hahahahahahahahahahahahaha I feel Sick :puke:

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Been meaning to ask Peter, is your dental work all done now? How about a photo of the new beautiful grill?

Lynn

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 pm
GT Truther

simple simon wrote:
That looks nice (apart from the toadstools [sic]

FWIW that is champignon tortellini in cheese sauce and it's very tasty I don't know why people don't like it?!?

Tortellini with creamy champignon and bacon sauce

(serves 22 Members)

Ingredients:

500g fresh tortellini
1 tablespoon oil (preferably olive)
1 tablespoon low fat butter (Not Margarine)
300g champignon (button mushrooms), sliced
200g Rind less bacon, finely chopped
1 tablespoon plain flour
300ml low fat Cream (Not Sour Cream)
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped

Method:

Step 1

Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling SALTED water, following packet directions, until just tender (approx 11 min). Drain. Return to saucepan.

Step 2

Meanwhile, heat oil and butter / margerine in a frying pan over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, or until light golden. Remove to a plate.

Step 3

Add bacon to frying pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp. Sprinkle flour over bacon. Stir until well combined. Remove frying pan from heat. Slowly add cream and milk, stirring constantly until combined. Return frying pan to heat. Bring to the boil. Add Champignons. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 4

Add sauce to pasta. Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.

Caution: Will be Incredibly hot!

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Lynnwood wrote:
Been meaning to ask Peter, is your dental work all done now? How about a photo of the new beautiful grill?

Lynn

Here!

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
Lynnwood wrote:

Lynn

Here!

Video redacted for space...

Beautiful Peter! I am so happy for you. You must be feeling better.

I am curious, if you don't mind my asking, are there social programs that pay for things like this, or did you do this out of pocket? Curious how it is in your country. If you are curious I will tell you how I get free medical care in the US - SANS Obamacare (we don't need Obamacare, they just want to control us with their statutory "laws"). I had a hip replacement, if you remember, in September 2011... FREE.

Lynn

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:01 am
GT Truther

Although I can and once in a blue moon do eat them, I prefer to avoid mushrooms - there is something about them that makes me recoil; perhaps its the taste? texture? previous incarnation experience?

Several decades ago I was on a self-catering holiday touring around Europe with two brothers and a cousin and we were going to buy some mushrooms from a street market in Helsinki, Finland but the stall holder put us off when he told us in broken English that the ones he was selling need boiling (I feel sure he said twice!) before cooking and eating. This was to ensure that they did not contain any poisons.

OK, I would not have eaten any of them, but of course thats not the point. He may now be in his mid 40's but I am still somewhat fond of my "baby brother" (he's the one who wanted to buy them).

====================================

So Obama's speech was solely about Syria - at least our media is not telling us that he said anything else.

Simon

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:27 am
Site Admin

simple simon wrote:
So Obama's speech was solely about Syria - at least our media is not telling us that he said anything else.

Simon

Simon - I did not watch the speech. I watched Mad Men on Netflix. :crylaugh

I am sick unto death of this manipulation, lying and plain ole greed being done in my name by my lovely country.

I am sick unto death of this nation being the world's policeman.

Obama, Kerry, McCain ( :roll ) et al got some 'splaining to do.

I think there are many, many American citizens who feel the same way I do. We are war weary and we are leadership leery.

Jest my two cents...

BTW - beautiful set of choppers there, freak! :heart

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 am
GT Truther

Lynnwood wrote:
comment redacted for more space

Beautiful Peter! I am so happy for you. You must be feeling better.

I am curious, if you don't mind my asking, are there social programs that pay for things like this, or did you do this out of pocket? Curious how it is in your country. If you are curious I will tell you how I get free medical care in the US - SANS Obamacare (we don't need Obamacare, they just want to control us with their statutory "laws"). I had a hip replacement, if you remember, in September 2011... FREE.

Lynn

Yep we have Medicare and Denticare I used the old Medicare one just before they brought Denticare out I was so annoyed at this had a barbaric Dentist he hit nerves and everything thank god he didn't do any permanent damage although I've been having pains in the lower right abdomen I went to the doctors and they said "We don't believe it's appendicitis" one said I had a torn colon how in gods name do you TEAR your colon? other's said torn muscles I tapped the muscle and said look doc the muscles fine It's inside me for Christ's sake! then another on the same team said maybe it's just constipation and my I.B.S. they left it at that So angry as I had bad constipation when I was 13 years old and this DOES NOT feel like that! the pain is so intense that I pass out and have seizures from the pain oh but it's just constipation YEAH RIGHT :yamon :crazy More Like an sharp electrical zap radiating through my right leg and up the right of my torso with this intense burning feeling Okay I'm :offtobed I need the sleep!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:03 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Holy Cow Peter that does not sound good! I hope you get it sorted out soon..

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:28 pm
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:

The Icons I use for quick jump keep changing. The entire net is screwed up. I would be on a page and it just vanishes. Phones and messages are also screwed up. I have heard reports from all over the country on both the net and the phones not working right. Also net is super slow everywhere.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm
GT Truther

Well TT, since you mention it, my iPhone is acting mighty strange. I'll be talking to someone and poof, they can't hear me. Text messages sometimes don't go. My ringer mysteriously decides to turn WAAAAAY down and I miss calls.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm
GT Truther

They want you to buy the new iPhone 5S unveiled yesterday, Lynn.....I think it's the NSA tweaking and twerking. I still use my iPhone 3G for everything but the phone, and use an HTC Android for everything AND the phone. But the only problem I've had is with the power grid going down in town today.

simple simon wrote:

The BBC is saying that tonight (Tues 10th September 2013) Obama will be giving a special TV address to the people of the USA. The topic will be Syria, although I wonder whether anything else will be raised? The Zetan message? Matters fiscal? I've seen a message (on a yahoo group) about the global currency reset which hinted that it would happen on 11th September this year. :popcorn :popcorn

Simon

I had a sneaking suspicion it MIGHT be a an excuse for THE 'Announcement', but upon reflection I reaffirmed my understanding that the 'Announcement' will be done over the course of a weekend, in order for the markets not to plunge when the truth comes out. It's likely to happen on a Saturday morning, more so than Sunday, because They will be able to get a good 'read' on the populace's reaction to know whether they might have to keep the markets closed for a day or two longer than the weekend while the realizations set in. Naturally that made Labor Day the best candidate, being that it's a holiday weekend here in the US where the Announcement will originate, before Putin and Xi weigh in to affirm. However, cagey O-bomb recognized (correctly, as it turned out) that any last-minute attempts to derail it would ALSO make that assumption, so they let Them play their hand first, which they did. What no-one expected was how a helpful Putin would throw the O-bomb off his pitiful attempts to act hawkish enough for the bankster-gangsters that use the US like a private military.

Sometimes I despair when I think of how the O-bomb kowtows to those he's beholden to, and ask myself "is this really the man who is going to make the society-changing Announcement to Earth about its rendezvous with destiny, with Nibiru?!?" I give people in power wide latitude, normally, but even though I know he's playing a very high-stakes geo-political chess game, it's the broad-brush condescension coupled with arrogance and/or fake humility that gets me. Maybe I've been conditioned from my reaction to having caught him in a bald-faced lie about the "public option" that just made him seem so.....small. He just seems to treat the entire public as if we're all stupid, whereas most of his predecessors had that subtle ability to telegraph the hidden reality to the 'interested few' in the public.

One prime example is how he's tried to defend the NSA against the charges of abuse of power that have arisen thanks to Snowden's revelations. If anyone's been watching and reading the latest, and Snowden has been effective in releasing bombshells on a periodic basis so we DO NOT LET UP, today's bombshell was one of the most stunning by far. It should put the lie to charges of anti-semitism, too, when these things come up (as They often like to react).

In case you didn't hear it screaming from the front page of your favorite newspaper, burdened as they were with celebrations of the heroism of 9/11/2001 (itself the mightiest false-flag event ever plotted, and for whom no real perps have been punished), then you can read it on the front page of the Guardian website: (emphasis mine)

Quote:
NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel
• Secret deal places no legal limits on use of data by Israelis

The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.

Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis.

The disclosure that the NSA agreed to provide raw intelligence data to a foreign country contrasts with assurances from the Obama administration that there are rigorous safeguards to protect the privacy of US citizens {i.e. it makes those assurances lies - dd} caught in the dragnet. The intelligence community calls this process "minimization", but the memorandum makes clear that the information shared with the Israelis would be in its pre-minimized state.

In other words; the NSA of the USA hands over to its Is//raeli controllers ALL data, in its raw form, no questions asked. EVEN THE POTUS's COMMUNICATIONS:

above and below from http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... -documents

Quote:
The memorandum of understanding, which the Guardian is publishing in full, allows Israel to retain "any files containing the identities of US persons" for up to a year. The agreement requests only that the Israelis should consult the NSA's special liaison adviser when such data is found.

Notably, a much stricter rule was set for US government communications found in the raw intelligence. The Israelis were required to "destroy upon recognition" any communication "that is either to or from an official of the US government". Such communications included those of "officials of the executive branch (including the White House, cabinet departments, and independent agencies), the US House of Representatives and Senate (member and staff) and the US federal court system (including, but not limited to, the supreme court)".

In other words, the NSA sucks up the raw data like a vacuum cleaner, any and all tidbits of communication, from emails to tweets to phone-calls, to online comments, bank transactions, (YES, Virginia, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IS KNOWN IN TEL-AVIV IF YOU EVER POSTED A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT THE You-Know-Who's), etc. and gives it to Is//Rael BEFORE IT EVEN GIVES ITSELF A CHANCE TO LOOK AT IT! Is it any wonder I don't spell the name out? (Dan Burisch and Marci gave me that awareness; I happened to use the name on the phone while in Vegas, and Dan rushed right off. He told me the next day, in person, how that works.)

Knowing that, and knowing how moss//ad agents are often sent into the heartland of any nation on earth when necessary to take out a problem, is it any wonder why the O-bomb is acting like he's the pet pitbull of 'Binnie Net-and-yahoo?

Here's a link to the original document, uploaded on The Guardian's website:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/intera ... g-document

Quote:
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU)
BETWEEN THE
NATIONAL SECURITY SECURITY SERVICE
AND
THE ISRAELI SIGINT NATIONAL UNIT (ISNU)
PERTAINING TO THE PROTECTION OF U.S. PERSONS

blah-blah....

We'll give you everything you want, Mr. Fox, no questions asked, but please, no chicken-bones on the hen-house floor. And if you happen to see the US President's communications, please just ignore them and act like you never saw them, okay? Same for the senators, congressmen, Supreme Court justices, dondep, Lynnwood's blackberry pie recipes, Uncle John, and any other American member of the Golden Thread, and oh btw if you can get anything out of the zeta comms to Nancy Lieder, do get back to us, hear?

All joking aside, these new revelations make me as livid as the bugs Dan and Marci placed in my apartment in Las Vegas did.

----------------------------------

Oh, sorry I was going to add something about the "financial reset" issue you mentioned, Simon. I do see there are a lot of "Chicken Littles" and assorted types, normally employed by the Nat'l Clandestine Service but also of their own accord, who either 'sense' or know through scuttle-butt about the plans that will begin to unfold publicly after the 'Announcement'. I know that there's been talk of the new color-coded dollar-bills (mainly the $100 note) in the US, and how they'll be rolled out following said 'Announcement', but I still think that talk is 'Announcement'-related, either directly or indirectly.

I might be wrong, but I think I'd be more relieved to be proved wrong than right.

----------------------------------
EDIT TO ADD....

Bluebonnet wrote:
I think there are many, many American citizens who feel the same way I do. We are war weary and we are leadership leery.

Jest my two cents...

Jest my too sense too, BB. That would be the end of it for me except I'm convinced it's cover for a deeper story, since most folks - even the usual GOP hawks - are "war weary" to the nth degree. That means something else is going on; even this op-ed piece by Putin in today's New York Times seems to show Putin as a 'giant' in comparison to the tinny, small-skulled argument the O-bomb is putting forth. Why doesn't he even address the claim the chem attack was done by rebels? He acts like it's not even a possibility, let alone the truth. And like you said, our country - our name - is being used to justify the CIA's admitted shipping of arms to the rebels, who are mostly controlled now by Al Quaeda. WTF?!? Al Queda rebels rode into that all-Christian town where they speak Aramaic, like they did in Jesus' time, and gloated about how they were "cleansing" it. Now Assad has rushed to the rescue, to reclaim it from the radical muslims of Al Queda that the CIA is supplying weapons to, and restore the Christians to their homeland. What is wrong with this picture?!?

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Dondep wrote:
EDIT TO ADD....

Bluebonnet wrote:

Jest my two cents...

Jest my too sense too, BB. That would be the end of it for me except I'm convinced it's cover for a deeper story, since most folks - even the usual GOP hawks - are "war weary" to the nth degree. That means something else is going on; even this op-ed piece by Putin in today's New York Times seems to show Putin as a 'giant' in comparison to the tinny, small-skulled argument the O-bomb is putting forth. Why doesn't he even address the claim the chem attack was done by rebels? He acts like it's not even a possibility, let alone the truth. And like you said, our country - our name - is being used to justify the CIA's admitted shipping of arms to the rebels, who are mostly controlled now by Al Quaeda. WTF?!? Al Queda rebels rode into that all-Christian town where they speak Aramaic, like they did in Jesus' time, and gloated about how they were "cleansing" it. Now Assad has rushed to the rescue, to reclaim it from the radical muslims of Al Queda that the CIA is supplying weapons to, and restore the Christians to their homeland. What is wrong with this picture?!?

Yep, Don, your point above mirrors my thoughts exactly. Assad is correct that this is outside, foreign intervention. But most folks hear that and don't understand that he is talking about Chechens, al Queda, Hezbollah, etc.

Last night and again this morning, I'm reading with incredulity that folks are knocking Putin's op-ed piece because of his comments on American exceptionalism. Well, I happen to agree with that.

This fascination with how exceptional America is just feeds the war drums, IMHO.

We are not exceptional - anymore than any other country is exceptional. Obama opened himself up to that criticism - Vlad walked right in and schooled him. :mrgreen:

Quote:
American exceptionalism refers to qualities that were first observed in the opening century of our history. There’s no reason why they necessarily still apply today. The extent to which they still apply is an empirical question.

— Charles Murray

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:39 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:

Last night and again this morning, I'm reading with incredulity that folks are knocking Putin's op-ed piece because of his comments on American exceptionalism. Well, I happen to agree with that.

This fascination with how exceptional America is just feeds the war drums, IMHO.

We are not exceptional - anymore than any other country is exceptional. Obama opened himself up to that criticism - Vlad walked right in and schooled him. :mrgreen:

Quote:
American exceptionalism refers to qualities that were first observed in the opening century of our history. There’s no reason why they necessarily still apply today. The extent to which they still apply is an empirical question.

— Charles Murray

Very well-said, BB; isn't it a shame, too, that we as patriotic activist Americans are agreeing more with the leader of the 'other' (some would say 'former') super-power, more so than our own president, who campaigned on the same (seemingly) world-view as Putin seems to espouse? I'd bet a majority, or near-majority of the public agreed with Putin....I don't think he was trying to work against Obama as much as help him out of a bad situation, but he did better in that op-ed piece than Obama did with all the major networks covering his speech. It's clear Obama isn't a good "hawk", so he displeased the hawks in the public as well as his own non-hawk base, and if anything confused the masses in the middle.

The thing is, we've become a nation dominated by small-skulled dim-bulbs, largely loutish and even brutish in the main. We're fortunate enough to have been born in the land of the 'Founding Fathers', but that's only by accident of geography. Yes, we have the capability of showing true heroism, but we're no better than any other nationality, and in some cases we can be justifiably compared unfavorably with others. Murray was right; we need to find a way to show - empirically - how 'exceptional' we are. In terms of how successful our health-care system takes care of the citizenry? Somewhere down around #19 on the list, if memory serves. Same with our academic prowess, below countries like Finland and Australia. Our "middle-class" has been shrunk and the average wage is again much lower than most of the other developed nations.

I could go on and on, but the only thing that gave the Prez the chutzpah to say what he did this past Tuesday night was the fact we still have the world's largest and most deadly military. Some pundits seem almost resentful we won't lob some missiles into another mid-east country, and Kerry (who was blind-sided into this "peaceful resolution" by Putin and Assad by making the original remark sparking the deal) is still playing the bully, demanding that it happen "much sooner" than the "standard 30 days" Assad said. It's obvious to any thinking person that Kerry and Obama are acting even MORE bullish and hawkish than they need to be, so the best that could be said is that they're stretching our credulity because of their fear of the backlash Is//rael and the bankster gangster handlers are plotting to unleash in order to overshadow the [alleged] coming 'Announcement'. So my questions remain; was the Tuesday night speech a 'test run' to see how well the O-bomb could bring all the airwaves together to cover his words? Is the overly-clumsy and blatant bully-like behavior designed to discombobulate the je//wish banksters, while sending the message to the public "see how stupidly we are acting; you don't want a war, so make your voice heard with your congressman that you really DO NOT want what we seem to be asking for"? Is this all a dog-and-pony show to exhibit how well Putin and Obama can work together, when all is said and done, so that by Announcement-time they'll seem like old friends?

Whatever the case, that Putin letter really roiled the air-waves and might even have the zetas scratching their heads, even though his world-view is exactly as I suspected and almost exactly how I feel too.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Well said, all of you...Putin was very surprising. I didn't know he was that (insightful).

Dx

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:47 am
Site Admin

This post is totally off this very interesting topic but I thought I would bring it to the group's attention.

East Texas and I were scheduled to be in Estes Park, Co this week. Unfortunately, I found out last week I had squamous cell carcinoma (a form of skin cancer that can spread to the lymph nodes) on my right hand. Needless to say I quickly had surgery and we cancelled our much anticipated vacation.

We had reservations for two nights in Estes Park, and one night in Granby, CO.

Quote:
7:28 p.m. MDT

The Colorado National Guard says it has helped evacuate more than 550 people by ground and air. Authorities plan to airlift flood victims throughout the night.

7 p.m. MDT

The Red Cross has opened a shelter in Granby for 21 adults and 154 seventh-graders who were stranded at a youth camp near Estes Park. The campers were loaded into a school bus and are traveling across Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park on their way to the shelter.

5:14 p.m. MDT

Helicopter news footage shows roads east of Greeley cut off by flooding, and broad swaths of land inundated by water. A man is seen escaping flooded farmland on horseback as rescue crews ferry an inflatable raft carrying at least two dogs. Heavy rain is moving through the area west of Denver.

snip

12:30 p.m. MDT

Rocky Mountain National Park is closed and officials are escorting remaining visitors out of the park. Officials say they're working to mount rescue efforts for two hikers reported missing on Longs Peak, a 14,259-foot mountain there. Trail Ridge Road through the park, the highest continuous paved road in the United States, remains open to emergency vehicles and residents evacuating from the town of Estes Park.

11:56 a.m. MDT

Flooding has closed Interstate 25 from north of Denver to Cheyenne, a 90-mile stretch. Three major rivers — Big Thompson, St. Vrain, and Poudre — normally flow under the highway in northern Colorado, but flood waters have pushed over the top of the roadway in some locations.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/colo-flooding-leads-thousands-evacuations-20250758

We were then to leave Granby, CO today and travel through Roswell, NM to El Paso and then home.

Quote:
New Mexico floods: Hundreds evacuated, governor declares emergency
By Joe Netto, CNN

updated 8:25 PM EDT, Fri September 13, 2013

(CNN) -- More rain was on the way after flooding forced hundreds of people in New Mexico to evacuate, prompting Gov. Susana Martinez to declare an emergency Friday.

Martinez' declaration said evacuations by air and ground had taken place in Eddy County in southeastern New Mexico, Sierra County in the southwest part of the state and San Miguel County in the northeast.

Her order provided funds for state emergency officials to assist local authorities and directed the National Guard to respond as needed.

A state police diver and local firefighters staged a dramatic rescue of several people trapped by the rising Pecos River about 10 miles west of Roswell, officials said.

The diver repeatedly crossed 30 feet of chest-deep rushing water carrying members of the group, which included children and elderly people. The evacuees were then taken to an American Red Cross shelter.

Fifty people were moved to a Red Cross center at the high school in Las Vegas in northeast New Mexico, said Esteban Lujan, public information officer of the state Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management.

In Truth or Consequences, some bridges and roads were washed out and about 20 people evacuated, Lujan said.

The National Weather Service said the threat of flooding will continue through the weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/13/us/new-mexico-flooding/?hpt=us_c2

My point here being - sometimes things happen for a reason. Gulp!

I sat here all week feeling sorry for myself with my 13 stitches and a cut on my right hand that runs from my index finger to my ring finger. You see when you have a round cancer, they have to cut you in the shape of an eye so they can sew you back together. :huh :doh

Imagine my utter horror when I read about the terrible flooding and wondered what might have been for us had I not discovered the cancer on my hand.

:shock:

Please say a small prayer for these poor folks in Colorado and New Mexico. :candle

And, BTW, today (just noticed the time - actually yesterday) is the 5th anniversary of Hurricane Ike. And that's all I'm gonna say about that, Forrest. :mrgreen:

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 pm
Site Admin

Geeze Blue that is one heck of a bit of fate for you and East Texas :scared :huh :awe

Glad your healing bud :heart :heart :heart :heart

Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next