It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

Bird Flu: Scientists Develop New Strain Of H5N1 
Site Admin

Bird Flu: Scientists Develop New Strain Of H5N1
It sounds like the setup for a Hollywood thriller: scientists in a lab create a virus as contagious as the flu that kills half of those infected. We're safe as long as the virus remains locked up, but if it escapes or gets into the hands of bioterrorists, it has the potential to become a pandemic and kill millions around the world.

But this isn't the latest summer blockbuster. According to New Scientist magazine, researchers in the Netherlands studying H5N1 -- commonly referred to as the bird flu or avian influenza -- have created a strain of the virus that's easily passed between mammals, and it's just as lethal as the original virus. :awe :headbang

According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the H5N1 virus has infected more than 500 people in more than a dozen countries and is known to kill around 60 percent of those that become infected.

Ron Fouchier, a researcher at the Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam, led the team that successfully created the mutation. Fouchier presented the findings at a conference in Malta in September and, according to NPR, is now seeking publication of his results. :nono

But some in the scientific community are debating whether or not that's a good idea.

"It's just a bad idea for scientists to turn a lethal virus into a lethal and highly contagious virus. And it's a second bad idea for them to publish how they did it so others can copy it," Dr. Thomas Inglesby, the director and CEO of the Center for Biosecurity at the University of Pittsburgh, told NPR. :clap

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/29/bird-flu-h5n1-avian-flu-virus_n_1118673.html

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Post Re: Bird Flu: Scientists Develop New Strain Of H5N1
Holy sh*t BB, what a find! Of course seeing this I had to do some research and find out more about the Erasmus Medical Center. So here goes:

First: "The Erasmus MC (medical center) is the academic hospital of the city of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. It is affiliated with the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, and home to its faculty of medicine."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_MC

Next, I put in "Erasmus Medical Center" and "pharmaceutical companies"; here's what I got:

Mega Corruption Scandal At The WHO
from Rense.com, 12/9/09

The man with the nickname "Dr Flu", Professor Albert Osterhaus, of the Erasmus University in Rotterdam Holland has been named by Dutch media researchers as the person at the center of the worldwide Swine Flu H1N1 Influenza A 2009 pandemic hysteria. Not only is Osterhaus the connecting person in an international network that has been described as the Pharma Mafia, he is THE key advisor to WHO on influenza and is intimately positioned to personally profit from the billions of euros in vaccines allegedly aimed at H1N1.

snip

What is in question, according to a short report published by the journal Science, are his links to corporate interests that stand to potentially profit from the swine flu pandemic.

snip

Osterhaus, ... runs an internationally renowned virus lab at Erasmus Medical Center,

snip

Albert Osterhaus is no small fish. He stands at the global nexus of every major virus panic of the past decade from the mysterious SARS deaths in Hong Kong ... Then Osterhaus moved on as SARS cases vanished from view, this time publicizing dangers of what he claimed was H5N1 Avian Flu. ... He claimed to be the first scientist in the world to show that H5N1 could be transferred into humans..... (quoting Osterhaus) "There is a real risk, but nobody can estimate the risk at this moment, because we haven't done the experiments." It never did manage to mutate, but he was ready to "do the experiments," presumably for a hefty fee.... To bolster his frightening pandemic scenario, Osterhaus and his lab assistants in Rotterdam began assiduously assembling and freezing samples of, well, bird shit, in an attempt to build a more scientific argument.

con. here: http://www.rense.com/general88/megawho.htm

Then came H1N1, starting in Mexico, and touted by Dr. Chan, director of WHO, as an international threat. Chan was advised by SAGE, the scientific advisory group of WHO. And guess who was on the board of SAGE... Osterhaus. Osterhaus also was chairman of the European Scientific Working group on Influenza (ESWI), which describes itself as a "multidisciplinary group of key opinion leaders on influenza. The work of ESWI is financed by the big pharmaceutical companies. And so we come full circle.

Another link between the Erasmus Medical Center and big pharma is found in this "trade note":

Quote:
Erasmus University Medical Centre in Rotterdam Adopts Automated Target Enrichment Solution from Roche NimbleGen and Caliper Life Sciences for 3,000 Sample Exome Study

The Genetic Laboratory of the Department of Internal Medicine at Erasmus University Medical Centre in Rotterdam has adopted the combined automated target enrichment solution from Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) and Caliper Life Sciences. This optimized solution is being used in a new phase of a large human epidemiological cohort, the Rotterdam Study, for automating the capture of >3,000 samples for next-generation sequencing.

http://www.roche.com/media/media_releas ... -09-06.htm

When researching connections between Osterhaus and Ron Fouchier, I found a company named Vironovative, which purports to be working on a solution to the human Metapneumovirus (hMPV). This virus was "discovered" in 2001 at the department of virology of the Erasmus Medical Center. The "Scientific Management Team" of Vironovative consists of Albertus Osterhaus and Ron Fouchier. A vaccine development for this new virus is being partnered by Medimmune of the USA. From its own website, Medimmune "Develops, manufactures and markets formulations for use in immunization programs, including live virus vaccines." Medimmune offers Synargis as well as FluMist, and has created a new generation of FluMist needle-free vaccine, called CAIV-T, which was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2007, and is now the form offered on the market. So I believe we can safely say that Medimmune is a part of "Big Pharma".

Ron Fouchier has co-authored 47 scientific papers with Albert Osterhaus.

You can draw your own conclusions about the relationships among Fouchier, Osterhaus, big Pharma, vaccines, and BIG MONEY. There is a lot more on the WHO scandal and Osterhaus' involvement in Biiiiig money from pandemics and vaccines if you are interested. All I can say is that this new development of an easily transmitted H5N1 scares the sh*t out of me. It is the nightmare that some of us lived with as we followed the spread of "bird flu" in its hay day - i.e. what a global disaster would be caused if the VERY fatal H5N1 became adept at H2H infection (Human to human). Now that adaptation has been accomplished, not by the virus itself, but by MEDDLING HUMANS! Not only do we now have a virus potentially more deadly than anthrax, small pox, or other horror-film diseases, but how to develop it is going to be published for all to see! What total madness! I wonder just how soon the Erasmus Medical Center Virology Lab will declare that they have created a vaccine for this newly-modified monster virus????? Any bets? :hmm

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Quote:
What is in question, according to a short report published by the journal Science, are his links to corporate interests that stand to potentially profit from the swine flu pandemic.

What a load of :censor ! It always comes back to this, doesn't it? Money! Greed!

Let's just make the whole friggin' world sick, shall we? :gah

Thanks, Ruts. This is great work by you, once again! :clap

Follow the money trail - Hmmm where have we heard that before?

Totally off topic (but still applicable) watched a Brad Metzger Decoded episode on UFOs last night - specifically on Area 51. One of the guys they talked to made a very telling statement. He said that TPTB are so good at telling lies/covering up that "you don't even know the questions to ask." The "you" in the statement meaning the media, Congress, plain ole folks.

East Texas looked at me and said "That was very profound!"

Ding, ding, ding!

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm
GT Truther

What Next? I know Airborne AIDS or a Plague that once you breathe it in it eats you from the inside out in a NANOSECOND!

This is Grotesque

Why don't we just Hand the handbook out to every OTHER NATION shall we?

I know I shouldn't swear like that but this is horrific and has got to stop.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm
Profile YIM

US government orders scientific journals to censor findings of deadly H5N1 bird flu experiment

(NaturalNews) After toying with the idea of blocking public access to critical information discovered as part of an experiment with H5N1 avian flu, the US government has now decided that certain details of this controversial research be withdrawn from two scientific journals. The UK's Guardian reports that the journals Science and Nature are working to remove certain details from the research that terrorists may try to use to create biological weapons.

snip

According to Science Insider, Dr. Fouchier told reporters that he and his team's deliberate mutation of H5N1 had created "probably one of the most dangerous viruses you can make." US National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB) chair Paul Keim added, "I can't think of another pathogenic organism that is as scary as this one. I don't think anthrax is scary at all compared to this."

snip

"The proposed reactions are nothing more than a public relations measure, a window dressing, intended to convey the impression that the issue is being addressed to minimize negative public reaction and deflect calls for effective regulation," said Richard Ebright, a professor of molecular biology at Rutgers University.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034490_bird_ ... z1hlO6Ylb0

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:03 pm
Profile YIM

I found some more "interesting" information on the man-made lethal strain of H5N1 today, posted on FB. Here are a couple of excerpts from the article.

A young scientist goes to his boss (Fouchier) and says:
Quote:
"You are not going to believe this one," ..... "I think we have an airborne H5N1 virus." .....

What shocked the researchers was how easy it had been, Dr. Fouchier said. Just a few mutations was all it took to make the virus go airborne.

Then I saw this little goodie:

Quote:
The discovery has led advisers to the United States government, which paid for the research, to urge that the details be kept secret and not published in scientific journals to prevent the work from being replicated by terrorists, hostile governments or rogue scientists.

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/debat ... -161016&cp

Uhhh.... a little late; it's already been published. Like they didn't know it would be. What's going on here? It was the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) that paid for the research, I read in one place (not confirmed yet).

In another article I found the likely motive for the creation of this killer-virus:

Quote:
Scientists yesterday condemned the move (to censor the information already released about the means of creating the virus and prevent further publication of it). Some said that the decision comes too late because the information has already been shared widely among flu researchers, while others argued that the move could obstruct attempts to find new vaccines and drugs against an infectious form of human H5N1 if it appeared naturally.

Follow the money; VACCINE, DRUGS, BIG PHARMA. The US has to sound as if it were trying to protect us from terrorists when in reality it is the terrorist, spreading fear so that a wonderous new vaccine can be sold to protect us from the terrible threat of this fast-spreading, airborne, lethal strain of the dreaded bird flu, which it paid to have created. Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows, but it won't be pretty.

Here's more interesting info; this gets worse and worse:

Quote:
Two teams of researchers, one led by Ron Fouchier of Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam and the other by Yoshihiro Kawaoke of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, have submitted manuscripts on bird-flu virus to the journals Nature and Science. In them, they describe how they deliberately mutated the H5N1 strain of bird-flu into an “airborne” strain that can be transmitted in coughs and sneezes between laboratory ferrets, the best animal “model” of human flu.

In an unprecedented move, the US National Institutes of Health (NIH), which funded both projects, requested the deletion of key details of the methodology and viral genetic sequences from the manuscripts prior to publication. It did so following recommendations of its own independent advisers on the US National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity.
:hmm

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/12/22-3

Researching "Erasmus", I came upon the information that Baxter (yes, the same Baxter that released live H5N1 virus in contaminated "samples" sent to labs across the globe in 2009) is sponsoring a Diagnostic Center for Primary Immunodeficiencies at the Erasmus Medical Center. Coincidence, probably (except I don't believe in them). You know, H5N1, Baxter, Erasmus, deadly virus, Baxter makes vaccines.....

Right now, Baxter makes only 3 vaccines, one of them being for Pandemic H1N1. However,

Quote:
In March 2009, Baxter was the first to receive a cell culture-based H5N1pandemic mock up license from the European Medicines Agency (EMEA).

http://www.baxter.com/press_room/factsh ... index.html

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to project a scenario in which Baxter sells a vaccine to protect us against the airborne, lethal H5N1, which they have conveniently prepared already, since they were licensed in 2009. I wonder how long before this virus "escapes" from the lab, or is manufactured by a terrorist group (good story made up for the media, after all the US warned science journals not to publish how to make it) and set loose on a terrified public. They will, of course, rush to be vaccinated and since that doesn't work anyway, will conveniently die in large numbers.

Am I too cyncial? Is this just science fiction? Are they following the script for Contagion? Or was the movie meant to prepare us for the unmitigated terror of a true pandemic?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 pm
Profile YIM

More on the man-made variants of H5N1 and H1N1 found here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3532&start=25

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Research to Resume on Modified, Deadlier Bird Flu

By DENISE GRADY

Published: January 23, 2013

Experiments with a deadly flu virus, suspended last year after a fierce global debate over safety, will start up again in some laboratories, probably within the next few weeks, scientists say.

The research touched off a firestorm in 2011 when it became known that two groups, one in the Netherlands and another in the United States, had genetically altered a dangerous bird flu virus to make it more contagious in mammals. Some scientists warned that a deadly pandemic could break out if the mutant virus leaked out of the lab accidentally or if terrorists stole it or made it themselves, using articles in scientific journals for the recipe.

The outcry led scientists conducting the experiments to declare a voluntary moratorium a year ago, in part to let research organizations and governments decide what safety rules to require.

Now, flu researchers say, the moratorium should end because most countries have rules in place. A letter from 40 scientists — the same ones who called the moratorium last year — was published on Wednesday in the journals Science and Nature, saying it is time for the work to begin again in countries ready to allow it.

But the United States, which pays for much of the flu research both at home and abroad, has not yet released new guidelines. So scientists here will not be able to resume experiments yet, nor will those in other countries who depend on grant money from the United States.

During a telephone news conference on Wednesday, Ron Fouchier, a virologist who conducted some of the flu experiments at Erasmus Medical Center in the Netherlands, said the scientists were lifting the moratorium without waiting for guidelines from the United States.

“How long do you want us to wait?” Dr. Fouchier asked. “If this was the Netherlands, would the U.S. wait? Should all countries really wait for the U.S., and why?”

He said his laboratory would resume research within a few weeks. Although he receives research money from the National Institutes of Health in the United States, funding from other sources will allow him to go ahead, he said. Other researchers in the European Union will be free to pick up the research if they have funding that does not come from the United States government, he said. Laboratories in China and Canada may be ready to start up, but Japan, like the United States, is still working on new guidelines, researchers said during the teleconference.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the Department of Health and Human Services was reviewing new guidelines, and that he expected them to be approved in weeks. The guidelines will specify the laboratory conditions under which this type of research is permitted and require that experiments have a potential benefit for public health

snip

Read more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/health/research-on-deadly-bird-flu-to-resume-after-safety-debate.html?_r=0

:flame :censor

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:25 am