It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm

Self Defense Idea 
Site Admin

Post Self Defense Idea
I am not really sure where to put this so I chose this area, really cool idea for the ladies of the forum...

Even if you have a gun, here's a more humane
way to wreck someone's evil plans for you....and you can carry it in your car with no problem!!

Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it
before.

I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

Wasp Spray
A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was
concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them
when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police
department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that
she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is
a lot more accurate, while with the pepper
spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The
wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the
hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office
and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper
spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection.
Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in
Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save
yourlife.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at
Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a
can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than
mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so
if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the
culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for
decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for
protection, Glinka says look to the spray.

"That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get
out."

Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people in your

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Self Defense Idea
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, L. There was a discussion somewhere, I don't remember where, about his topic, with recipes for homemade pepper spray, but there was also the suggestion about the wasp spray. I have a can by my bed, but I'm going to get another one to keep in the kitchen or living room too. Thanks for reminding me. :clap

(If you have time, remember to give it a shake or two before shooting. Also, thanks L for the info on an antidote at a hospital. I have to admit that it has bothered me that I might actually blind somebody.. :embarressed )

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Ruts if someone is breaking into your home and or attacking you why would you think twice about defending yourself.
Furthermore why would you be worried about blinding them, get them away from you FIRST, then call the cops.

They deserve what ever they get for being low life theiving scum bags.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

I know you're right, and if push comes to shove I know I'll have no problem defending myself and of course DH, since he can't defend himself. When the adrenaline starts pumping, I can get quite aggressive - believe me! It's just when I think rationally and calmly about shooting something like that into somebody's eyes that I just shudder. I have a baseball bat too, just in case. You know what else is good is a sock with a few rolls of quarters in it (or rocks, I guess). Swinging that around gets momentum going and makes quite an impact. But I like the wasp spray because you can keep somebody at bay at a distance.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:43 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

guys...i think it's important to remind you that if someone's on certain drugs...crystal meth, animal tranquilizers, etc....you'd be surprised to see what they can still operate through. i've seen em charging like bulls without any impediment to bullets, tazers,....and yes, pepper spray. and not go down until shot, numerous times, to death. in situations like this...think "the devil gone super psycho".

if i'm in a situation like that...i'm asking no questions and giving no slack. me and mine come before scum like that. i've got my choice of weapons....and have no qualms using it if needed. the only question i'll have afterwards is....how many other innocent ppl would now be safe from his harm in the future.

man. how'd i ever become such a tough a$$?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 pm
GT Truther

Hello Genesis...

This reading may help:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1380

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks, recall! Very sobering!

I, for one, am prepared to defend myself - no questions asked.

However, am I prepared for an act of supreme violence upon me by another human being?

No. I have never experienced that type of violence in my life. I've only seen one instance of domestic violence and that from a distance. A former friend of ours was into battering his significant other and East Texas and I dealt with the aftermath one time.

My DS, the High Sheriff, has told me over and over that you may think you are prepared for the explosion of violence - but most of us are not.

So, what happens to Jane/Joe Citizen in this instant of explosive violence? We freeze. Our mind shuts down and we simply freeze - maybe for only a second or two - but we freeze. Then the fight or flight impulse kicks in and we can, hopefully, do one or the other.

The article recall links to above should be read by everyone. It contains really important information about toughening your mind.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:08 am
GT Truther

Re: Self Defense Idea
Yes i agree one time i was coming home out of the blue two guys befriended me and got me off guard i'm a MALE mind you they got me off guard spun me around and KING-HIT me for the reason of robbing me they were so fast at it i didn't have time to react they were on crystal meth (we call it ICE over here in australia) and wild turkey whisky I DIED three (3) times on the way to hospital bringing the full amount of the times I've died to thirty three (33) times the other 30 times were in high school I was the weakling I took PROFOUND beatings at high school(In Australia we DON'T have MIDDLE SCHOOL)

Our school system works like this
PRIMARY SCHOOL
Kindergarten 6yo
1st class 7yo
2nd class 8yo
3rd class 9yo
4th class 10yo
5th class 11yo
6th class 12yo

SECONDARY (HIGH) SCHOOL
7th class 13yo
8th class 14yo
9th class 15yo (I never attended)
10th class 16yo (I never attended)
11th class 17yo (I never attended)
12th class 18yo (I never attended)

My mother pulled me out in 8th class after i exploded and very nearly KILLED some-one the 17/18yo were hurting me VERY BADLY I have a shoulder that clunks in and out because of them (the socket is broken not the ball joint the ball joint is fine) I now have I.B.S. because they threw a sports discus at my stomache (I was vomiting, urinating, defecating blood profusely for 5 weeks I nearly died)

I had a molotov kicked at my face my poor friend who was mext to me copped the large BOLTS they put in it i copped the full explosive force
an the BURNS I was stabbed with a knife in the ribs puncturing a LARGE GAPING HOLE in one lung People at the school used to call me (STIFF) because i looked like a Zombie I had wounds in me the SIZE of GRAPEFRUIT

I hid my wounds well from everyone I've also had my stomache cut open with a knife this all happened to me when i was JUST THIRTEEN (13)

It was terrible all the teens who did it were ITALIANS and i had HYPER sensitive skin imagine your skin was so sensitive it could feel dust particles in the air, that someone stroking thier hand down your arm was like the same someone slashing your arm with RAZORBLADES now you know why autistic children (Asperger's Syndrome kids) don't like to be touched IT HURTS THEM.

Shoes feel like MOLTEN STEEL Being poured onto you feet (I'm serious) shirts feel like they are MADE out of COURSE SANDPAPER I remember when the smallest scratch felt like (Imagine you cut yourself and you got straight HOT CHILLI PEPPER juice in it) that's what it's like for an autistic kid getting a small scratch on thier hand, now can you imagine the pain of anything else on an autistic (asperger's) kid.

My I.Q. is over 130+ i did an I.Q. test and i got a 160+ score so I'm far from stupid. :roflmao

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 pm
Profile YIM