It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.3 2010 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
Recall, a former active poster, apparently posted on the pole shift Ning in the last day or two. He referenced a GLP thread so he is currently accessing the internet.

Recall, whether you headed out for a safer area, or you decided to postpone your exit for awhile, I would like it if you decided to offer some new posts to the golden thread.

You are missed, at least by me.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
GT Truther

FILE UNDER - ..."Hey, Look what we can do!!..."

UFO Spiral in the sky seen and heard across Western Canada

..."The Norway spiral comes to mind when TheWeatherSpace.com received photographs and even an amazing video of the event. An object swooped down from the sky and then returned in a brilliant display on Friday night across the Western Canada areas.

Three different photographers have given their photos to TheWeatherSpace.com in what looks like something out of a science fiction movie. We cannot see what would cause this one Earth. The Norway spiral was said to be caused by a missile launch in the Russian territory. But what is this?

The only known areas to launch on the Western coast are the Vandenberg Air Force Base and Alaskan areas. Vandenberg confirms no launches and Kodiak Island has to be ruled out due to the direction of travel (from the west).

The photographs show a very similar shape and mysterious object off the coast of Canada. The object is not a missile as one photograph from the beach has the trajectory curving up! What is it?

A video was sent to TheWeatherSpace.com and the web team has added it to the video server on YouTube.com. The video shows the entire sequence of this object as filmed by Steven Murray.

"I have four sky cameras to catch meteors on and number three caught it", Murray said. "I saw it from my office while doing work. The object was on the monitor. By the time I rushed outside the object was gone but the loudest boom I ever heard from a distance struck shortly after." ..."

SOURCE:
http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/05- ... anada.html

Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 am

Wow, great find Lynnwood, it's our long May weekend, so haven't seen the News, but I sure will be looking for it!! Thanks!!

Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Im very skeptical about that Spiral Video. It looks like a not very well made CGI to me, winks to adobe aftereffects.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:32 am
GT Truther

Here is a second vid of that spiral from another source:

I have been writing emails to the university geophyics department heads this morning. Asking them for help, or if they know who could help with this oil catastrophe in the gulf. Where are the hero's when you need one?

About the avatar incident. Please let that be a lesson. We may misunderstand one another. Heck we may disagree, but the whole point about being on the Golden Thread is about being agreeable. A proverb:
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

and Helvetic thanks for that Hellyer post, I didn't get to it before some was removed. I am going searching for it, must have had some good stuff.

oh and here is the latest cc:
http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2010 ... 2010a.html

Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 am
GT Truther

I agree. It is also now being questioned at RMN:
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/fo ... ead=173850

The video supposedly from a plane looks fishy, like a simulator.

This one:

UFO Spiral over Western Canada seen from Airplane - INCREDIBLE VIDEO

Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 am
Site Admin

Quote:
"Boots & Coots", is that right, Lynnwood?!? Too funny! One of those PFNs....(Perfect Fitting Names). There's talk by Sec'y of the Interior of "keeping the Boot on the neck of BP", and then the common understanding of the name word "coots", which comes up in Google on the first page with this little nugget:

From left, Mr. Matthews, Red Adair, John Wayne, and Boots Hansen on the set of “Hellfighters.’’ In 1962, the firefighters put out one of the most famous oil well fires in history, in Algeria. (Boots &Amp; Coots International Well Control)

I actually knew both of these fine gentlemen as well as Red Adair. My father was in da awl bidness, too, and he and Red were fast friends. ;)

Asger "Boots" Hansen and Edward Owen "Coots" Matthews began working in well fire control under Red Adair. Coots died at 86 on April 1, 2010.

What is more worrying to folks in da awl bidness, is that Cheney & Co. bought Adair's company and now they own B&C. Soooo they now own both of the world's premier wild well control companies.

But then what doesn't Halliburton own these days? Heck, they even own my father's old company! :gah

That's okay - I still own one share of Halliburton stock left to me by my good, ole Daddy. He wouldn't sell it and I'm not selling it. I make them send me my $2.00 check every quarter. :roflmao

Sun May 23, 2010 5:25 am
GT Truther

Post Dr Who and the subterranean Reptilia
Hello everyone,

As we know, sometimes sci-fi includes memes related to 'real life' but which are easier to explain as fiction. An example of this is the present Dr Who storyline, which is being broadcast in 2 episodes - with the first named 'The Hungry Earth' broadcast yesterday and the second 'Cold Blood' to be broadcast next weekend.

Set in 2020 (some sources also say 2015), some people have drilled the deepest ever into the earth (21 miles / just under 34km) and an unknown - to them - civilisation of Homo Reptilia living deep underground have seen this as a threat to their lives and are treating it as an act of war.

When speaking one of the reptilia makes frequent references to 'primative apes' and 'virmin' who are to be wiped out from the surface so that they can retake the planet for themselves.

As the Doctor points out, these are not aliens, just previous owners of the planet. Before going down to the depths of the Earth to meet the rest of the Reptilia - of whom there are probably millions, living in vast underground caverns - he advises that the female warrior Reptilia who has been captured and is being held in a church crypt must not be harmed. This includes not being dissected (someone wanted to do this)... although, as we find out, they have been doing this to the humans they hold captive.

More about this can be found at the BBC website... I am hoping that the links will be viewable globally, even though the actual programme can only be seen from computers using British IP addresses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/characters/Silurian

Anyone who would like their very own Silurian face mask can download one from here...
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/d1 ... n_mask.pdf
This should be printed out in colour on A4 paper. I assume that 'letter' sized paper used by people in the USA will be OK too.

A preview of this episode can be seen on Youtube, although whether by everyone or only people in the UK will only be known when people outside of the UK try to view it. Go to youtube and search for "dr who hungry earth"; a green skinned face in the icon image denotes what is probably the best trailer to watch.

Below is additional information from the BBC website which may also be of interest. It all sounds almost too plausible to be just 'a storyline'!

Simon

------------------------------------------

The Silurians (Homo Reptilia) were Earth's first intelligent inhabitants, cold-blood reptilians with a lifespan of over three centuries who developed a civilisation at least 300 million years before human beings evolved.

Silurian astronomers predicated the arrival of a minor planet would devastate Earth, and so the species went into hibernation, with one genetic line being left as caretakers while the others slept. Time hid their cities underground, while the minor planet became Earth's moon.

Advanced Silurian technology includes germ warfare, mutated dinosaurs, electromagnetic barriers, heat rays, laser scalpels, bioprogrammed materials, fluid controls and disc transports that use geothermal currents and gravity bubbles to move underground.

Appearance
Green reptilian humanoid
Start to worry when
They start moaning about 'stinking apes'. And looking in your direction.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:07 pm
GT Truther

Post Response to Don re home grown...food, in this case
Hi Don,

Yes, it is good to read the source material. And yes, they set up straw dogs to shoot and then say, "See, it's those silly conspiracy theory idiots...." This may be just that. But they do want total control of the food supply, even if this is not their big move.

I don't agree with Noam Chomsky about many issues, but the control of nations through starvation is one area where we see eye-to-eye.

I have not read that bill except in excerpts that I cannot remember. Sometime the Devil is in an obscure reference to another statute or regulation. These will for sure shut down many smallo farmers, even if you can still have a small garden. Rense said it was bad news, so I posted it.

As you know, I have no problem with "certification"...as in this issue or [that a dwelling, food, vehicle, medical device] conforms with standards X, Y, and Z. That is different than licensing, that makes an occupation of common right into a crime. The crime is then forgiven if you give the licenseor money and do as he says.

I think the way this bill works to prevent home-grown food is that you must have the right inspections, storage facilities, certifications, and to-market transport to be allowed to grow food and if you do not the penalties are draconian.

I really do not know. If time permits, I will try to dig deeper.

Thank you for your digging thus far.

Douglas Adams

Sun May 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Quote:
Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
Quote:
"Boots & Coots", is that right, Lynnwood?!? Too funny! One of those PFNs....(Perfect Fitting Names). There's talk by Sec'y of the Interior of "keeping the Boot on the neck of BP", and then the common understanding of the name word "coots", which comes up in Google on the first page with this little nugget:

From left, Mr. Matthews, Red Adair, John Wayne, and Boots Hansen on the set of “Hellfighters.’’ In 1962, the firefighters put out one of the most famous oil well fires in history, in Algeria. (Boots &Amp; Coots International Well Control)

I actually knew both of these fine gentlemen as well as Red Adair. My father was in da awl bidness, too, and he and Red were fast friends.

Asger "Boots" Hansen and Edward Owen "Coots" Matthews began working in well fire control under Red Adair. Coots died at 86 on April 1, 2010.

What is more worrying to folks in da awl bidness, is that Cheney & Co. bought Adair's company and now they own B&C. Soooo they now own both of the world's premier wild well control companies.

But then what doesn't Halliburton own these days? Heck, they even own my father's old company!

That's okay - I still own one share of Halliburton stock left to me by my good, ole Daddy. He wouldn't sell it and I'm not selling it. I make them send me my $2.00 check every quarter.

Wow, You knew him, neat Blue. He must have been a very interesting character if the stories are true about him. What a man from everything I have seen and heard of him. Too bad he wasn't still around, maybe he'd have an idea of what to do about this mess in the Gulf.

You make them keep on sending you your check! :crylaugh :crylaugh Probably burns their butts to do it too!

Sun May 23, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
Wow, You knew him, neat Blue. He must have been a very interesting character if the stories are true about him. What a man from everything I have seen and heard of him. Too bad he wasn't still around, maybe he'd have an idea of what to do about this mess in the Gulf.

You make them keep on sending you your check! Probably burns their butts to do it too!

Yep, Siam they were characters and "men's men" if you know what I mean. My Daddy is prolly turning over in his grave right now. I can just hear it now "G dammit, get that SOB clamped down and raght now! Do you hear what I'm tellin yew?" All of this done while he was pokin' a half chewed stogie in your face for emphasis! :roflmao

They don't make these guys anymore. They learned da bidness in the field - not in a textbook and definitely NOT in a white collar. I am the proud wife, daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter of a bunch a hard fightin', hard drinkin', hard workin', hard partyin', redneck awl men! :heart :roflmao

We've lost a whole generation of oil men like East Texas, too. When Rayguns was Prez and the price of oil tanked a whole generation was laid off and never returned. :crazy

So now you have a bunch of Wharton Business School types out there scratchin' their butts and trying to figure out what to do. :censor :gah

Give me a good ole redneck and a coon ass anytime. THEY could cap that well and prolly never let it happen in the first place.

Drill, baby, drill my a$$! :doh

As to the checks - yep they contact me about every two years and beg me to sell. Nope, not gonna do it. Take that Dick Cheney! :fu

Sun May 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Can you believe that they think jamming it with mud and then concrete will hold?? I sure hope they have instant hard concrete cause I don't think it will hold. All those millionaire's homes along the East Coast, when the oil reaches there TSGHTF!!!

Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Chris Augustin
Alien/UFO/Paranormal Investigator
http://www.aliensthetruth.com

http://www.alienjigsaw.com/Gallery/photos.html

Sun May 23, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

It's alive! Artificial DNA controls life
Synthetic genome blazes trail for new drugs and biofuels

By Eric Bland

updated 5:12 p.m. ET May 20, 2010
It may not quite be "Frankenstein," but for the first time scientists have created an organism controlled by completely human-made DNA.

Using the tools of synthetic biology, scientists from the J. Craig Venter Institute installed a completely artificial genome inside a host cell without DNA. Like the bolt of lightning that awakened Frankenstein, the new genome invigorated the host cell, which began to grow and reproduce, albeit with a few problems.

The research marks a technical milestone in the synthesis and implantation of artificial DNA. Venter expects the research will lead to cheaper drugs, vaccines and biofuels in several years — and dozens of other companies and researchers are working toward the same goal.

"This is the first synthetic cell that's been made," said Venter. "We call it synthetic because the cell is totally derived from a synthetic chromosome, made with four bottles of chemicals on a chemical synthesizer, starting with information in a computer."

The research, published Thursday by the journal Science, combines two of Venter's past achievements.

In 2007 Venter transplanted the genome of one Mycoplasma bacterium into another. Venter and his colleagues also synthesized a trimmed down, artificial version of Mycoplasma's DNA, a project known as the Minimal Genome Project. Attempts to implant the synthetic DNA all failed, until now.

In the current research, Venter and his colleagues, who include Nobel laureate Hamilton Smith, first synthesized Mycoplasma's full genome. Then they added hundreds of thousands of additional base pairs to "watermark" the DNA and distinguish it from a natural one.

Venter and his colleagues created a special code, similar to Morse code, to "write" within the DNA itself. Instead of dots and dashes, they used the sequence of four DNA nucleotides, thymine (T), guanine (G), cytosine (C), and adenine (A), as a code for any letter, number or punctuation mark. Using the code, the team included the names of the study co-authors, a website and even several philosophical quotes, complete with punctuation.

The completed DNA sequence was more than 1 million base pairs long. The human genome, by comparison, is more than 3 billion base pairs long.

Cells build up full sequence
No machine can turn out a single piece of DNA anywhere close to that long, however. Instead, Venter and his colleagues started with many relatively small pieces of DNA. Then the scientists transferred DNA pieces back and forth between a yeast cell and E. coli bacteria, turning the many short pieces into fewer but longer DNA segments.

Once the synthetic DNA segment reached the desired length the scientists injected it into a Mycoplasma bacterium that had had its own DNA removed earlier. Needless to say, the process of assembling such a lengthy piece of synthetic DNA was complicated.

"I hope the day comes when making genomes is something everyone can do," said Pamela Silver, a systems biologist at Harvard Medical School.

Some genes suffered glitches
The new, synthetic DNA "booted up" the bacterium, but not without a few problems: Several of the synthesized genes didn't work properly. And the genes that did work didn't do anything particularly useful, at least by human standards.

The Mycoplasma bacteria grew and reproduced, but that was about all. Within several years however, Venter and his colleagues hope to create more exciting bacteria that will speed up the production and drive down the costs of biofuels, vaccines and drugs.

Venter has teamed up with a major oil and gas company, and a pharmaceutical company, to help realize these goals.

Venter's work falls into a nascent field of science known as synthetic biology. Synthetic biology builds on the decades-old field of genetic engineering. Unlike genetic engineering, where scientists introduce a handful of new genes into an organism, synthetic biology aims to reprogram entire organisms, including bacteria and viruses.

The creation and insertion of a synthetic genome more than 1 million base pairs is a technical landmark, said Frances Arnold, a synthetic biologist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. He said the feat showcases scientists' ability to precisely manipulate long sections of DNA.

But before consumers see any benefit several significant hurdles have to be solved. One of the biggest problems is that scientists are still searching for the specific genetic code to produce cheap drugs, biofuel and other products.

"We can write anything we want," said Arnold. "The problem is that we don't know what to write."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37256799/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Sun May 23, 2010 9:13 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Siam wrote:
Can you believe that they think jamming it with mud and then concrete will hold?? I sure hope they have instant hard concrete cause I don't think it will hold. All those millionaire's homes along the East Coast, when the oil reaches there TSGHTF!!!

I am sure that they had the right idea the first time. They just did not make the device the right size. Sort of like Edison, they have to keep trying. Next try they should make it larger with a larger hole on top.

With the pipe they should cut into it further down and tap it with a hose to the surface. Then with the presure off the end they can deal with it easily. That tapping would be simular to tapping a beer keg. They can grab the pipe and clamp around it. then tap it. Seems easy to me!

Sun May 23, 2010 9:56 pm
Truth Seeker

barbarian wrote:
Here is a second vid of that spiral from another source:

and Helvetic thanks for that Hellyer post, I didn't get to it before some was removed. I am going searching for it, must have had some good stuff.

YIKES! :doh

Already scrubbed?!!! :rant

If anyone finds it, please let us know! I want to see it. Does anyone remember what was in the missing pieces?

:gah

:huh

Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 am
Truth Seeker

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.3
:readthis

OPERATION BLACKJACK?

Has anyone heard of this BIZARRE set of postings last year, on the London Telegraph Website?

They didn't answer how it got on their Website (there for a time on the Website, with installments!), all about MAJOR TERROR ATTACKS (nuclear!) on June 22 of an unspecified year:

http://twobeards.wordpress.com/2009/06/ ... eal-thing/

"In the second part of the series, at 8:03am on June 22nd six cities, New York City, Washington DC, Toronto, Mexico City, Portland, and Los Angeles, all suffer a nuclear attack as mushroom clouds are depicted rising over the skyscrapers. The crumbling remains of the cities are shown one week later."

:scared

Most of the videos cited in the article are removed now, but specifically the Alex Jones snippits from Youtube may have been transfered to another channel (as the major private AJ channels were closed by Youtube in a 2009 burst of Youtube censorship).

:censor

Mon May 24, 2010 12:59 am
GT Truther

The Queen's Speech: Bill by Bill
The Queen's Speech will contain pledges to introduce 21 bills and other legislation during the next parliamentary year. Here is what is planned:

By Patrick Hennessy, Political Editor
Published: 8:30PM BST 22 May 2010
The Queen's Speech will contain pledges to introduce 21 bills and other legislation during the next parliamentary year Photo: PA

BILLS FOR IMMEDIATE INTRODUCTION

Academies Bill (Dept for Education)

(a couple real nuggets in red)

This is being promoted as a flagship piece of legislation which will enshrine the new coalition government’s commitment to education. It will allow more schools to become academies with freedom from day-to-day Whitehall control, as well as giving more say to teachers to decide what should be in the curriculum.
Ministers believe that “setting rules in Whitehall” is not the way to raise standards in classrooms.
CON POLICY
Local Government (Revocation of Structural Change) Bill. (Dept for Communities and Local Govt).
This will stop the planned creation of single-tier councils serving Exeter and Norwich. Eric Pickles, the Communities Secretary, brands the restructuring plans "wasteful and unnecessary" and claims scrapping them will save £40 million.
It is also likely to stop dozens of Tory and Lib Dem councillors losing their current posts.
CON LIB POLICY
Identity Documents Bill (Home Office).
The imminent scrapping of identity cards and the planned National Identity Register is already being foreshadowed on the Home Office website. This Bill will enact a policy that both coalition partners put forward but the fact it is one of the first three pieces of legislation to be unveiled is a boost for Nick Clegg and the Lib Dems' civil liberties agenda.

LIB CON POLICY
BILLS TO BE INTRODUCED BEFORE SUMMER RECESS
Office of Budget Responsibility (and National Audit Office Governance) Bill. (Treasury)
This sets up one of the key bodies promoted by George Osborne – the independent OBR which will replace the Treasury as the official "forecaster" for growth and borrowing ahead of the emergency Budget next month.
It is likely also to reform the way the National Audit Office, the state spending watchdog, is run.
CON
The Great Repeals Bill aka The Freedom Bill (Cabinet Office).
This will enact a raft of reforms described by Nick Clegg last week as the most radical redistribution of power from the state to the people in 200 years. It will include the scrapping of universal DNA databases and the placing of restrictions on internet records while the use of CCTV cameras will be reviewed, the ContactPoint children's database will be shut down. Libel laws will be reviewed while limits on peaceful protest will be removed.

LIB
Equitable Life Payments Scheme Bill. (Treasury)
This is set to offer compensation without means-testing for up to a million savers who lost out when the insurance company Equitable Life came close to collapse a decade ago.
Payouts, which could include families of 30,000 investors who have died since the company got into trouble, could run into hundreds of millions of pounds.
However, this Bill would enact a key Tory pre-election promise.
CON
Terrorist Asset Freezing Bill. (Treasury)
There is already provision for freezing terrorists' assets in law – however, a new Bill could be the vehicle for expanding the definition of an organisation classed as terrorist, possibly to include Hizb-ut-Tahir, the revolutionary Islamist party, which David Cameron has said he will ban.
CON
National Insurance Contributions Bill. (Treasury)
This is set to be the vehicle for stopping in its tracks Labour's planned rise in National Insurance Contributions for employers, which was to come into force next year and was dubbed a "jobs tax" by the Tories. However after consultations with the Lib Dems, the rise in NICs for employees will still go ahead.
CON LIB
Parliamentary Reform Bill. (Ministry of Justice).
Ken Clarke will oversee one of the big prizes for the Lib Dems of their coalition deal – a huge political reform package which is likely to include five-year fixed-term parliaments (including the controversial "55 per cent" rule for dissolving parliament), reducing the number of MPs, giving voters the right to recall their MP and possibly reform of the House of Lords to make it wholly or mainly elected.
Its biggest trophy for the Lib Dems would be a paving of the way for a referendum on shifting from first-past-the post to the multi-choice Additional Vote system for general elections.
LIB
BILLS TO BE INTRODUCED AFTER SUMMER RECESS
Decentralisation and Localism Bill. (Department for Communities and Local Government).
Eric Pickles, the Communities secretary, will take charge of the drive to devolve greater powers to councils and local communities.
Communities are to be given much more control over housing and planning decisions. Local government finance is to be "reviewed".
CON LIB
Welfare Reform Bill (DWP).
The key piece of legislation for Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary. This will be "sold" as helping people back into work, partly by scrapping all existing programmes and establishing a single welfare-to-work regime.
However it will also increase sanctions on those who refuse, including reassessing all Incapacity Benefit claimants for "readiness to work" – with the threat of being moved on to Jobseeker's Allowance.
CON
Pensions and Savings Bill (DWP).
This is likely to restore the earnings link for the basic state pension – with a guarantee that pensions are raised by at least 2.5 per cent a year. It could also set out a timetable for the review into the date at which the state pension age starts to rise.
LIB
Financial Services Regulation Bill. (Treasury)
Likely to enact various reforms planned by George Osborne, the Chancellor, including putting regulation back in the hands of the Bank of England – a key change from the Labour years. It could also be the vehicle for introducing a banking levy and "cracking down" on what ministers describe as "unacceptable" bonuses.
Significantly, though, Mr Osborne's Treasury is in the lead here, rather than Vince Cable's business department.
CON
Energy Security and Green Economy Bill. (Dept for Energy and Climate Change)
A big win for the Liberal Democrats and Chris Huhne, the Energy Secretary, this will seek to improve energy efficiency in homes and businesses and promote low carbon energy production. Energy supplies will also be "secured".
LIB
Public Bodies Bill. (Cabinet Office)
An assault on quangos is likely to be a key feature of efforts by the new government to find billions of pounds of "efficiency savings" across Whitehall. The drive was promised by the Conservatives in opposition but, significantly, has been handed to Nick Clegg and his team at the Cabinet Office.
LIB CON
Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill (Home Office).
The vehicle for making police forces more accountable – including oversight by what ministers refer to as a directly elected "individual". Police must also publish monthly local crime data statistics. This is also likely to include a fresh crackdown on anti-social behaviour and alcohol-related violence.
CON
European Communities (Amendment) Referendum Lock Bill (Foreign Office).
The key Bill for William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, which will enshrine the commitment to hold a referendum if there are any more attempts by the EU to grab significant powers from Britain under the Lisbon Treaty or in any other way.
This is a significant move to reassure Tory activists.
CON
Scotland Bill (Scotland Office)
This will implement the recommendations from the final report of the Calman Commission on Scottish Devolution. These include giving the Scottish Parliament greater powers on raising taxes – as well as new borrowing powers. Some other responsibilities – including over drink-drive limits and speed limits – are also to be devolved.
LIB
Education and Children’s Bill (Dept for Education)
The second big bill for Michael Gove, the Children’s Secretary, this could be the vehicle for his much-anticipated “free schools” drive to allow different groups, including parents, to start and run state schools.
It could also include the Lib Dem-backed “pupil premium” which would see more money being spent on children from a disadvantaged background, as well as focusing on early-years learning.
BLUE YELLOW
Armed Forces Bill (Ministry of Defence).
The big vehicle for Liam Fox, the Defence Secretary. It is not clear what laws will be affected – but the coalition has already promised to rebuild the Military Covenant, including maximising leave periods, helping the children of service personnel, boosting recruitment into professions and providing extra mental health services for veterans.
CON
Health Bill. (Dept of Health)
The main Bill for Andrew Lansley, the Health Secretary. The new government's main aims are to strengthen the voice of patients and the role of doctors in NHS decision-making, while improving public health. There will also be a big drive to reduce health "inequalities".
CON LIB
OTHER LEGISLATION
Overseas development aid – a parliamentary motion (Dept for International Development).
The government will commit via a parliamentary motion to spend 0.7 per cent of national income on development aid by 2013. Such a motion, however, is not legally binding – and ministers have already promised to "enshrine this commitment in law."
Airport Economic Regulation Bill (Department for Transport).
Described as reform to benefit passengers – could be the full-scale break-up of BAA's monopoly on airport ownership.
Cap on non-EU economic migrants – secondary legislation. (Home Office).
There is likely to be controversy if parliament is not given the chance of a full debate on plans to set an annual "cap" on immigrants from outside the EU and this is simply done by ministerial decree.
"Economic migrants" suggests no curb on student numbers – or spouses.
Draft Bill on Reform of Parliamentary Privilege. (Ministry of Justice).
Likely to block MPs from using privilege as a defence for wrongdoing, for example over expenses.
Broadband Infrastructure – secondary legislation. (Business Innovation and Skills Dept).
This will support investment in new high-speed broadband internet connections.
High speed railway network (Dept for Transport).
A simple Bill to enable the network's construction. A route between London and Birmingham has already been announced – with plans to expand it to the north of England.

Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 am
Site Admin

Quote:
The Great Repeals Bill aka The Freedom Bill (Cabinet Office).
This will enact a raft of reforms described by Nick Clegg last week as the most radical redistribution of power from the state to the people in 200 years. It will include the scrapping of universal DNA databases and the placing of restrictions on internet records while the use of CCTV cameras will be reviewed, the ContactPoint children's database will be shut down. Libel laws will be reviewed while limits on peaceful protest will be removed.

Ohhhhh YEAH YUH BAH BAY!!!!! :clap :elephant :banana :brockoli :heart

Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 am
Site Admin

Quote:
OPERATION BLACKJACK?

Has anyone heard of this BIZARRE set of postings last year, on the London Telegraph Website?

Per the Telegraph's web site:

Blackjack - A slide show story. The events portrayed in this slide show are entirely fictitious

The whole slide show/story is still there. See below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/4220575/Blackjack.html

Mon May 24, 2010 6:08 am
GT Truther

Yes the Blackjack thing is upsetting to me, why it is there even as fiction, I just don't get. the guy who is he editor of the style or life section is the originator of it. I here The Telegraph is a front for the M services of UK, any one else?

the vids of Hellyer are here:

Mon May 24, 2010 6:24 am
GT Truther

Long Live the Queen!

Mon May 24, 2010 9:59 am
GT Truther

Post This man was not a terrorist; he was teaching how
beat the bankers scams.

May 23, 2010

Top US Spy Chief Quits After Obama Orders 2 Americans Assassinated

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

An interesting Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) report prepared for Prime Minister Putin circulating in the Kremlin today states that Obama’s top spy chief Admiral Dennis Blair [photo top left with Obama] abruptly resigned on Friday after the US President ordered the “immediate assassination” of an anti-government dissident and his 16 year old son in the US State of Arkansas.

As the Director of National Intelligence, Admiral Blair controlled 16 US spy agencies (including the Homeland Security Department, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Coast Guard) and had warned the US Congress this past February that for the first time in American history Obama’s government was asserting the right to assassinate any American citizen they deemed was a terrorist.

Obama’s power to order the assassination of American citizens without benefit of trial, this reports says, was derived from what is called the “Memorandum Opinion For the Deputy Counsel To The President” that was issued to former President George W. Bush on September 25, 2001 granting him (and all future American Presidents) extraordinary “constitutional power” to retaliate against any person, organization, or State suspected of involvement in terrorist attacks on the United States.

Now according to this SVR report, Jerry Kane Jr. and his 16 year old son Joseph Kane [photo 2nd left] were put on the US terrorist “watch list” by Obama Federal Police officials because of Kane’s growing following of Americans seeking to find relief from the financial crisis imposed upon their country by their banking system.

Kane and his son were reported to have left Las Vegas, Nevada this past Tuesday where they had given one of their financial seminars (May 15-16) and were enroute to Safety Harbor, Florida to deliver another one on May 28-29 when while traveling through the State of Arkansas they were intercepted by what the US media is calling one of Obama’s “interrogation teams” at an Interstate highway roadblock where a shootout occurred killing 2 US police officers.

US media further reports that Kane and his son were “tracked down” 90 minutes after the initial roadblock shootout to a Wal-Mart parking lot where in a hail of bullets both Kane and his son were killed and another 2 US police officers were wounded.

Bill Sadler, an Arkansas State Police spokesman, is reported by the New York Times to have said it is “unclear” why Kane and his son were targeted in this roadblock in the first place.

This SVR report, however, states that upon nearing the roadblock Kane and his son came under fire from US military snipers targeting them for assassination whereupon fire was returned from Kane’s vehicle allowing them to escape death but resulting in the other police officers deaths.

After escaping, this report continues, a “furious” Admiral Blair called the White House to “demand” an explanation of what was occurring only to be “firmly rebuffed” by Obama officials who had set up this assassination plot causing Blair to “angrily retort” he would have nothing more to do with Obama and his resignation would be on the President’s desk “as soon as I write the fucking thing up”.

Once Admiral Blair was “sidelined” by the White House, this SVR report further states, Obama officials ordered their forces to “terminate” both Kane and his son so the true facts of this assassination would never reach a court of law, and which occurred when Kane and his son were gunned down by an estimated 80 military, federal and local police personal.

To the treasonous crime Kane and his son were assassinated for, a Maryland-based insurance analyst, who had previously testified before the US Congress, named JJ MacNab, said she had been tracking him for 2 years and claimed Kane’s seminar business was “centered on debt-avoidance scams”. An SVR analysis of Kane’s seminar though (posted in 7 parts on YouTube) states that far from being a “scam” it appears to offer a legitimate course of action, that if taken by Americans would indeed free them from the stranglehold put upon them by their banking system.

Also interesting to note in this SVR report is that earlier in the week another American anti-tax dissident group named [delete for US-EU report] located in Williamsport, Pennsylvania was assaulted by United Nations troops (UN) allowed to operate in the United States by Obama and destroyed the entire facility with an explosion so loud it was heard throughout the region.

Though not reported by the mainstream propaganda US media, the existence of this UN assault convoy roaming rural Pennsylvania this past week was reported on by their dissident news reports, and as we can read as reported by one of them named InfoWars.Com:

“At approximately 0715 a convoy of 25-30 camouflaged military, Humvees and armored vehicles with UN markings was observed traveling westbound between State College, PA, and Milroy, PA on US. Route 322.

At approximately 0900 the same member encountered another convoy of UNMARKED military vehicles, refueling at Toms’s Travel Center on U.S. Route 322 at Milroy, PA. The member tried to engage the troops, but was ignored. They were in uniforms without insignia, but the covers did have ranks, from colonel to private. Convoy was a similar size, with Humvees and personnel carriers.”

To all of these latest events occurring in the United States the most surprising thing about them are that so many Americans are still unaware of what is happening to them, or why. But to the future they are entering into it can be best summed up by the quote of the great English writer George Orwell who warned them all many years ago…. “If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It looks like the boy was cuffed while still alive, doesn't it....

Douglas Adams

Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 am
Site Admin

Anti-Government Man Jerry Kane Jr., Teenage Son Reportedly Killed Police In Deadly Shootout

CHUCK BARTELS and KELLY P. KISSEL | 05/22/10 08:57 AM |

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — An Ohio man's resentment of authority and run-ins with the law was enough for a local sheriff to warn that he could be dangerous if confronted by law enforcement. Years later, the sheriff appears right: The man and his teenage son are suspected of fatally shooting two Arkansas police officers during a traffic stop before they died in a shootout.

Jerry Kane Jr., 45, of Forest, Ohio, and his son Joseph Kane, believed to be 16, were killed during an exchange of gunfire with officers in a Walmart parking lot, Arkansas State Police said Friday.

The shootings came about 90 minutes after West Memphis police Sgt. Brandon Paudert, 39, and Officer Bill Evans, 38, were attacked with AK-47 assault rifles after they stopped a minivan on Interstate 40 in West Memphis on Thursday, authorities said.

Jerry Kane, who had a long history with police, used the Internet to question federal and local governments' authority over him and held debt-elimination seminars around the country. He recently complained about being busted at a "Nazi checkpoint" near Carrizozo, N.M., where court records show he spent three days in jail before posting a $1,500 bond on charges of driving without a license and concealing his identity.

Sheriff Gene Kelly in Clark County, Ohio, said he issued a warning to law enforcement about Kane in July 2004, after Kane said a judge tried to "enslave" him when he was sentenced to six days of community service for driving with an expired license plate and no seat belt. Kane claimed he was a "free man" and asked for $100,000 per day in gold or silver, Kelly said.

"After listening to this man for almost 30 minutes, I feel that he is expecting and prepared for confrontations with any law enforcement officer that may come in contact with him," Kelly wrote in his warning to officers.

Kelly told The Associated Press on Friday that he had been "very concerned about a potential confrontation and about his resentment of authority."

On an Internet radio show, hosted on a website that lets amateurs create their own shows and live discussions, Kane expressed outrage about his New Mexico arrest.

"I ran into a Nazi checkpoint in the middle of New Mexico where they were demanding papers or jail," he said. "That was the option. Either produce your papers or go to jail. So I entered into commerce with them under threat, duress and coercion, and spent 47 hours in there."

Kane said he planned to file a counterclaim alleging kidnapping and extortion against those involved in his arrest and detention. Kane also said he had an officer sign a document that said the officer must pay for using Kane's name.

"I am now putting together an invoice for him for approximately $80,000 in gold for the eight times he used my name," Kane said on the radio show. "I already have done a background check on him. I found out where he lives, his address, his wife's name." :awe

Mark Potok, who directs hate-group research at the Southern Poverty Law Center, said Kane had not been in the group's database before Thursday. But he said that was not surprising, given the "explosive growth" in the anti-government movement in recent years. With 363 new groups in 2009, there are now 512, Potok said.

Members of so-called patriot groups don't recognize the authority of the U.S. government and consider themselves sovereign citizens.

JJ MacNab, a Maryland-based insurance analyst who has testified before Congress on tax and financial scams, said she had been tracking Kane for about two years and that his business centered on debt-avoidance scams.

Potok said such scams are common in the sovereign citizen movement.

"He basically promised them they would never have to repay their mortgage or credit card debt," MacNab said.

Kane's website showed he held one of his seminars in Las Vegas 15-16 and that he was due to appear in Safety Harbor, Fla., May 28-29. His website Friday asked that donations be sent to an address in Clearwater, Fla., to help his family.

At that Florida address, a woman, speaking through the front door, told an AP reporter to leave the property when he knocked and identified himself. Two bicycles were in front of the unkempt, single-story home and exercise equipment was on the porch. A sign on the front door read: "No visitors. This means you. Thank you for understanding."

A woman who answered the door at the home of Kane's mother, Patricia Holt of Marysville, Ohio, also told an AP reporter to leave and said she had no comment. She did not identify herself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/22/jerry-kane-joseph-antigovernment_n_586127.html

Mon May 24, 2010 10:31 am
Site Admin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/24/AR2010052402185.html

Former military officials' performance in administration questioned

By Anne E. Kornblut and Scott Wilson
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 24, 2010; 12:45 PM

President Obama's firing of retired Adm. Dennis C. Blair as national intelligence chief highlights a pattern of problems involving senior administration officials who once served in the upper ranks of the military.

In addition to Blair, whose job has been in peril for months, the performance of National Security Adviser James L. Jones, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Karl W. Eikenberry, and Special Envoy to Sudan L. Scott Gration have also been questioned both inside and outside the government. All four men achieved the rank of admiral or general before joining the administration.

White House officials say that, other than Blair, the men have largely succeeded after sometimes difficult starts -- and have the president's support. But their transitions from the top of rigid military chains of command to a White House where decision-making often ignores hierarchy have been turbulent, even as they manage some of the administration's most far-reaching challenges.

"As savvy as many of these senior officers have been, this White House is a highly charged political environment," said Stephen Flanagan, who served on the National Security Council staff during the Clinton administration. "This is alien to a lot of them. And this is a less hierarchical administration, with a lot of National Security Council staff seeming to feel they have a great deal of license in adjudicating some of these issues."

Questions of how former military officials fit in this administration are timely given that Obama is said to be favoring retired Air Force Lt. Gen. James R. Clapper Jr. as Blair's replacement.

To be sure, Obama also has had problems with advisers from civilian backgrounds. Last November, he fired White House Counsel Gregory B. Craig after months of tumult over the administration's failure to meet its deadline to close the military brig at Guantanamo Bay.

Analysts say Obama, who never served in the military, turned to former generals and admirals in part to dispel fears, raised mostly by his conservative critics, that he would not be tough enough in foreign affairs.

He also kept on retired Army Lt. Gen. Douglas E. Lute, President George W. Bush's point person on Iraq and Afghanistan. White House officials say the president trusts him and that he played a large role in shaping the new counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan.

"Insofar as there have been issues with these people, there are unique circumstances around each of them," said a senior administration official, who works frequently with Blair, Jones, Eikenberry and Gration and so spoke on condition of anonymity about their roles. "It is hard to tie a thread through all of them with their military background alone."

P.J. Crowley, the State Department spokesman and himself a retired Air Force colonel, said it would be a "mistake to suggest that military officials can't succeed in a civilian capacity" in the current administration or any other. "If a particular officer falls short, it often says more about the particular challenge than the individual himself or herself," he said.

When retired Adm. Stansfield Turner took over the Central Intelligence Agency in the Carter administration, he was accused of trying to impose a military order to the institution. But the former military officers in the Obama administration have been accused, in some cases, of having too light a touch.

Blair was likely a short-timer once a young Nigerian boarded a plane bound for Detroit on Christmas Day with explosives sewn into his underwear. Obama said afterward that the incident "was a failure to integrate and understand the intelligence that we already had," the chief responsibility of the director of national intelligence.

By then, Blair, a former commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific, had lost disputes with CIA Director Leon Panetta, a former White House chief of staff, over who had authority over key elements of the intelligence community.

"This was not a matter of fighting with younger civilian advisers in the White House, but with people who had been around far longer," the senior official said.

Jones, a retired four-star Marine general who served as supreme allied commander in Europe, began his tenure amid criticism that he was exerting too little authority.

His chief concern early on was broadening the mission of the National Security Council to better reflect the transnational threats facing the country, including global warming and energy security.

But Jones often found his direct line to Obama interrupted by advisers with closer personal ties to the president. And in a White House where 18-hour days are routine, Jones often left around 6 p.m. to ride his bike home. His absence sometimes meant a loss in clout and Oval Office meetings held without him.

"Every national security adviser is different," the senior official said. "And if you look at areas that we care about -- the START treaty, getting the Pakistanis to go on the offensive in Waziristan -- these are issues that he has taken on board in a very real way."

Gration, a retired Air Force major general, has the close personal relationship with Obama that Jones lacks. The son of missionaries who speaks fluent Swahili, Gration briefed then-Sen. Obama on African issues before his 2006 visit there.

But Gration's association with Obama has not translated into stature within the State Department or among congressional leaders. To them, he has appeared out of his depth in dealing with Sudan's president, Omar Hassan al-Bashir, whom the International Criminal Court indicted on war crimes charges over the conflict in Darfur.

During a visit to Sudan last year, Gration said, "We've got to think about giving out cookies" to the Sudanese government, adding that "kids, countries -- they react to gold stars, smiley faces, handshakes, agreements, talk, engagement."

An administration official said Gration "deserves a lot more credit publicly than he's being given" for helping address a complicated mix of issues in Sudan, and that the former general had "adapted."

Eikenberry, a retired lieutenant general, is now the top U.S. diplomat in Afghanistan, where he had served as a military commander. Obama and his advisers believed he would an ideal diplomat in the war zone, requiring virtually no on-the-job learning.

During the strategy review last fall, Eikenberry argued sharply against sending additional U.S. soldiers to Afghanistan. His cables explaining his rationale, rooted largely in his distrust of Afghan President Hamid Karzai, were leaked to the media and put him publicly at odds with U.S. policy.

White House officials say Obama appreciated the dissent, believing it forced Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal to better justify his request for additional resources. But administration officials also acknowledge that, while Eikenberry may have good relations with the White House, he has infuriated many at the State Department, including some among its leadership.

"While there have been issues in the public debate, Eikenberry has done well, and the president has done well by having different views at the table," the senior official said. "His relations at State are another matter. What served him well within the White House may have had another effect there."

Staff writer Karen DeYoung contributed to this report.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:37 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 927 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next