It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.4 2010 
GT Truther

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 2010 5.4
Welcome back, MK!

Glad to see you again - I was thinking of you.... :wavey

Cheers,

Selene

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm
GT Truther

Hi, Shady & Lynnwood –

That image of the light beam at the Kukulcan pyramid is truly intriguing. And I have no idea what to make of it. However, the ‘fraud’ objection doesn’t exactly hold water, either. (I say this having personally climbed both the exterior and interior steps of Kukulcan at Chichen Itza, studied the site extensively, and spent years as a ‘pyramidiot’ :tounge !)

• The ‘light beam’ could have been either ‘emitted’ from the structure,

Or

• It might have been ‘downloaded’ into it from above.

There is no way to determine its origin or flow direction from the photo.

• The “upper temple” structure is actually roofed over, yet the beam penetrated the roof. Such an energy beam would not necessarily have emitted “light” once it entered or before it left the stone structure. Saying that there should have been visible emission from the upper temple windows assumes a great deal about the structure and flow properties of the beam. In fact, we have none. There is no reason why even a laser-like beam, if sufficiently focussed, should emit side light – and that is assuming that the origin of the beam was in fact from some “machine” in the upper temple and not more deeply within the structure – or even from within the earth on which it stands.

• There’s no getting around the fact that pyramids are, all in all, huge, massive, heavy, precisely positioned structures, and by all ‘best guesses’ somehow deeply intertwined with the energy structure of the planet and the cosmos itself. And of these planetary energy fields we know too little, but it’s a fair guess that the pyramids somehow utilized these (unrecognized) properties.

This suggests that the ‘beam’ or energy field could possibly be related to the form and structure of the pyramid entity as a whole, its location etc, and that the beam may be either ‘emitting’ or ‘receiving’ from the outer atmosphere/stars and through or beyond the entire structure. We simply don’t know.

And if there is a UFO in the shot, we also don’t know whether it was involved – or merely being a tourist, too.

So, in my view, it’s still an interesting question.

Cheers,

Selene

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 pm
GT Truther

Shady Groves wrote:
NASA Scientist Above..
Quote:
3 speakers; I was able to control levitation and movement in all 3 (x,y,z) axis of the ambient space.

Based on the few authentic said to be Nazi UFO Photographs..

Do that take note it had 3 spherical chambers at the base..

These ship was Da Haunebu II (1)
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4381/ihaunebu205.jpg
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7326/ihaunebu202.jpg
Not the Moldel I
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1559/ihaunebu108.jpg

(1)
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ufo_a ... eman_3.htm

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Shawnna wrote:
Ok... I have to confess I'm having a tough time keeping up with this thread and everything so..... if someone responded with info about "Nibiru".... I missed it.

-snip-

I will keep looking around for info but if you have anything to share, perhaps a PM would work better since I can't seem to keep up with this thread. :(

So far is not a Collission with Planet Earth...but

First Shiva The Destroyer /Nibiru will Drag Planet Earth from its Orbit, to the Orbit of Venus, "in the 3 days of Darkness" timeline,

Second, the Sunrise on the West: Shiva The Destroyer and Planet Earth will align side by side, and performed a 270 roll, that means that The North Hemisphere will be in the South, and The South Hemisphere will be in the North, but without stoping the movement of Rotation, now the rotation of Planet Earth is clockwise (the only way to stop the rotation) .

Hint: do a 270 roll with a rotating globe, and see for yourself...

Third: One week more and you will get the 90 deg. geographical poleshift, then Shiva The Destroyer, will continue its journey to the Dark Twin, Binary of Sun ,Nemesis

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Truth Seeker

Hi Folks. Lurkers and Regulars.

For those who believe that the earth will sustain a major catastrophe in your lifetime what are you doing? I.e

What measures are you taking to try and survive? Stock food? Generators?
Try and be in a safe location?
Underground self built and local bunker / housing.
What kind of catastrophe to you expect?
How are you trying to warn your friends and neighbors? What reaction are you getting if you are trying to warn people?

I feel at some point in the next 5-6 years my area will suffer a major blackout. My parents will suffer the most as they rely on medication to basically survive. What in your minds could I do you help them for a long as possible? What food's are best to stock for longevity? What electronics / devices could we all use that could be solar powered as an alternative to petrol / electricity? Anything else you could recommend to do?

Any sites that you know believe would be helpfull you could recommend?

Kind Regards

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Site Admin

UC we have extensive links and site in our survival section I suggest that you take a look through there.

Please feel free to add to our collection :wavey

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Post Gulf Air monitoring data
Go to this page: http://www.epa.gov/bpspill/air.html

Looks good, does it not?

Read the next to last two lines at the bottom of the page:

"For all hydrogen sulfide (H2S) date posted before May 17, the detection limit is 1 ppm. For all H2S date posted May 17 or after the detection limit is 0.1 ppm.

Now see this:

http://www.safetydirectory.com/hazardou ... _sheet.htm

and, http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/benzene/c ... ation.html

Here are the values: http://www.epa.gov/bpspill/data/air_sampling_update.csv

Assuming that the reports are accurate, question is how to convert micrograms per cubic meter into PPM.

Here is how to do it in the other direction: http://www.ehow.com/how_5852000_convert ... meter.html

Curious that they are not showing the values in PPM, is it not?

Can anyone here do the conversion from micrograms/cubic meter to PPM?

Further, of what value is it to monitor the air to a maximum of 0.1 PPM when the toxic values are much higher. Have I got something backwards?

Is that the upper or lower detection limit?

Douglas Adams

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm
GT Truther

Post The Catastrophe You Expect
With the exception on welcoming new member Paracelsus's inaugural post, seems I didn't miss too much being sick the past couple of days. Glad to hear that at least the data collection and dissemination is doing a good service, Paracelsus.

Am going to have to study the pyramid beam a bit, apply some logic and intuition and see what resonates.

Shawnna, if it was me that misspelled your name, since you didn't say who, my profuse apologies. And FWIW, I would bet the entire contents of the Federal Reserve (even if it turns out to be 99% tungsten) that this earth and all its inhabitants will experience a poleshift in the very near future, caused by the passage of the planet known to the ancients as Nibiru some 14 million miles distant when it does so. If I can be proven wrong, you can flay me alive and feed me to the kitty-cats. Dead serious. Selene gets the rights to the images though. However, I won't argue with you or try to rehash 7 years of the Golden Thread in order to convince you or anyone else. The case has been made ad nauseum and the time grows short, so I'll finish this by answering Unified Cause's questions, though only the parts that can be answered without expounding on every nuance.

UnifiedCause wrote:
Hi Folks. Lurkers and Regulars.

For those who believe that the earth will sustain a major catastrophe in your lifetime what are you doing? I.e

What measures are you taking to try and survive? Stock food? Generators?

DD: As I said in my radio interview on London's Kerrang FM radio station 2 years ago, stock 3 to 4 months of foodstuffs, preferably non-perishable, at minimum. Why that amount, you may ask? 1) That's about as much as the average person can cram into their personal vehicle, along with their primary 'loved one' and the other basics. 2) More than that and you could potentially get busted for hoarding, when the pinch begins. {Hint: that's in addition to what you have in your pantry, which you won't be keeping out of sight.} 3) Since only a miniscule number of people in the world understand the extent of the Coverup over this, which is at the core of the reason for the ancillary aliens n' UFOs Coverup, the best one can hope for when it comes to warning the people you care about is to convince them that 'prepping' is the smart thing to do these days, not the 'paranoid' thing it's often meant in the past. This is mainly due to the escalating number of catastrophic 'events' in the past several years, many of which are becoming more suppressed by the mainstream media of late due to the potential they have for disturbing that all-important "domestic tranquility". Of course, when sinkholes become as dramatic as they are, and so frequent they're popping up on interstate highways and in heavily populated urban centers, they can't avoid being discussed.

Generators, you ask?

DD: I recommend a wind turbine, as volcanic ash is likely to make solar power fairly useless as a power source. I recommend also that people get a WEZA foot-powered generator, which I have to warn you will take approx. 8 hours of foot-pumping to generate enough heat to cook a can of chef-boyardee spaghettios. It's worth it though, when the option of collecting enough dead wood and sparking a fire might just attract the marauding hordes of those too lazy to have prepared themselves. The makers of the WEZA discontinued it recently as the cost to manufacture got too high and the market too small; people will be killed over one soon enough. However, the same folks that made that also make a hand-crank generator, that can be used to power most small appliances that don't require pure sine wave inversion and have a DC input. I have one of their small hand-cranked lanterns, which has already come in handy during a recent power outage.

Try and be in a safe location?

DD: Yes, have an alternative planned for as well, in case the first one doesn't work out (bridge destroyed, flooded, landslide, wildfires destroyed, military cordoned off or the property seized by some gov't. entity, etc). Use common sense as to 'where'; stay away from fault lines, far above sea level, away from the coasts, and away from any volcanoes - including 'extinct' ones.

Underground self built and local bunker / housing.

DD: To answer this properly, you really should be working with a group of those who have also recognized the signs and are serious about preparing. I posted less than a week ago about this. The group I'm working with covers the "mid-atlantic states" and we're getting along just fine. Not a group of slack-jawed high-school 'ufers', but sober-minded and serious professionals. We've established a 'democracy', logged the assets we can each bring to the table, including our various skill-sets, picked out a couple of alternative sites for when it comes time to 'bug-out', and gotten to know each other to the degree we will need to, in order to work together as equals. We have a long way to go, but we've gotten off to a great start.

What kind of catastrophe to you expect?

DD: UC, if you've read much of this GT at all before you registered, you know what my answer is. I'll leave it to others in their response to provide different answers.

How are you trying to warn your friends and neighbors? What reaction are you getting if you are trying to warn people?

DD: This is where it becomes a very delicate subject. As I pointed out above, to Shawnna, I don't try to convince anyone anymore. Even now, I broach the subject carefully, and depending on the reaction to the initial comment(s) I might make to an individual, I can either pursue it by advancing information that's been put out by the MSM, or referencing the recent spate of amazingly attuned programming on the History Channel (not sure what earthly location your human body resides in, noted below your avatar). I find that people are usually either scoffing at the very notion (which immediately tells me not to waste any thought-time 'convincing' them) or of a somewhat open mind about the possibility, though mostly always skeptical. Sometimes, if they're familiar with some of the information, or know someone who is, that 'possibility' may extend to 'plausibility' or even 'probability'. Usually if the reaction is a guffaw, you know enough to change the subject quickly, like who's on "Dancing With The Stars"; if you get a question instead, you know if it's rhetorical, in which case you know not to waste your time either. A serious question will elicit a serious response. At that point, you can handle it on your own. But whatever you do, don't try to convince someone who has 'proof' everything's normal and will stay that way. Sadly, even among those that understand it's going to be happening, the fear of ridicule holds them back, so they're more than happy to keep it to themselves and only worry about saving their own skin.

I feel at some point in the next 5-6 years my area will suffer a major blackout. My parents will suffer the most as they rely on medication to basically survive. What in your minds could I do you help them for a long as possible? What food's are best to stock for longevity? What electronics / devices could we all use that could be solar powered as an alternative to petrol / electricity? Anything else you could recommend to do?

DD: For your parents; baby food, believe it or not. Also; apple sauce, vitamins, and the old inexpensive staple, ramen noodle soup packs. Don't forget multi-vitamins and other vitamin tablets. Nix the solar power; won't be practical, but don't take my word for it. Do your own research and see what resonates for you. A wind turbine will be the most efficient alternative. Also, simple things like a fishing pole and fishing net, a first-aid kit, tent and sleeping bag. Just think of it as an extended camping trip - for now. I have a feeling that the world will certainly get a wake-up call soon, as in a month or 3, that will remind you of what I've said here.

Any sites that you know believe would be helpfull you could recommend?

DD: Aside from the much-maligned zetatalk.com, you should at least take a good hard look at the following, in no particular order:

http://the-rabbits-hole.com/
http://thelibertyman.com/
http://www.detailshere.com/niburu.htm#What's the problem?
http://www.detailshere.com/niburu.htm

That should be enough for the time being for the POV I espouse, but that's not an open invitation for those that disagree to up and denounce; let 'em bring on their own recommendations.

Takes only a few minutes for one or a handful of people to tear down/destroy something (say, a building), but look at how long and how many it takes to build one.

Kind Regards

I hope that helps.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Bill Clinton: We May Have to Blow Up The Oil Well

Former President Bill Clinton said during a panel discussion in South Africa that it may become necessary to blow up the Deepwater Horizon well that continues to spew oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

His comments on the leak start about 2:30 in.

"Unless we send the Navy down deep to blow up the well and cover the leak with piles and piles and piles of rock and debris, which may become necessary - you don't have to use a nuclear weapon by the way, I've seen all that stuff, just blow it up - unless we're going to do that, we are dependent on the technical expertise of these people from BP," Clinton said.

There has been some pressure for BP to simply blow up the well, with critics suggesting the company is forgoing that option out of a desire to get as much oil as possible from the rig.

"If we demolish the well using explosives, the investment's gone," former nuclear submarine officer and a visiting scholar on nuclear policy at Columbia University Christopher Brownfield said in a Fox News interview in May. "They lose hundreds of millions of dollars from the drilling of the well, plus no lawmaker in his right mind would allow BP to drill again in that same spot. So basically, it's an all-or-nothing thing with BP: They either keep the well alive, or they lose their whole investment and all the oil that they could potentially get from that well." (He penned an opinion piece in the New York Times making the argument.)

Some lawmakers have also pushed for blowing up the well.

"For the life of me, I can't understand why BP couldn't go into the ocean floor, maybe 10 feet lateral to the -- around the periphery -- drill a few holes and put a little ammonium nitrate, some dynamite, in those holes and detonate that dynamite and seal that leak. And seal it permanently," Rep. Phil Gingrey (Ga.) said earlier this month.

BP Gulf Oil Spill | Unreleased 60 Minutes Documentary

Australia 60 Minutes program pulled from airing on request of British Petroleum. Features scenes of Kindra Arnesen.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 pm
GT Truther

Ringmakers Of Saturn UFOs 2010

Norman Bergrun's "The Ringmakers of Saturn" is the inspiration for this video of the mysterious rings of Saturn. (mikesingh, zorgon, and internos) have each added enormous effort of personal research on this subject, by gathering up to date Cassini satellite imagery that is showing some very interesting anomalies on and around the ringed planet.

Norman Bergrun Speaking About The Ring Makers Of Saturn

Rare Interview With Norman Bergrun Speaking About The Ring Makers Of Saturn

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:13 pm
GT Truther

Post Big Oil, Big Spill, and Big Bill
Those videos (in the first post above, anyway) are some pretty good finds, Helvetic. Since you posted again while I was writing, I'll have to give the second couple a looksee.

I just learned something shocking tonight, which puts the Big Oil Spill in a much starker light, and may explain to the Brits here that might take exception to the excesses of outrage felt here in the States:

BP made $58.5 BILLION in net profit over the past 3 years. That's not revenue, that's NET PROFIT. Of that, they spent $29 Million on "Safer Drilling Research" during the same period. Less than .05%. Of the NET PROFIT. And how much did they spend on "Oil Spill Research"? ZILCH. How do they get away with that, when they have to provide assurances to the government that they can handle such a crisis, as happened with the Exxon Valdez, or the 1979 Big Oil Spill that also polluted the Gulf of Mexico? Just as bad, was the government asleep on the job, or just sleeping on the job with the corporations that they were supposed to be regulating? (Yes, federal officials from the MMS - Minerals Management Services, that oversees regulation of oil, natural gas and other offshore mineral sources - were found to be having sex and doing cocaine with execs from Big Oil.) But wait; BP says it doesn't do that research because they get it from the Marine Spill Response Corp., which is a "non-profit". They certainly MUST be, because they admitted today they spend ZILCH on actual research. NOT A DIME! They are an "operational" company, and do "no research and development in the area of oil spill response". GOOD GRIEF! And they wonder why Shady froths at the keyboard sometimes!

Regarding the Clinton admission; that's what I expect we'll hear more of, sadly. "Just blow the dang thing up already!". At 20,000 psi, I don't know that that's going to solve the problem either; might just make it worse. In fact, I'm inclined to believe it would.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Post Re: The Catastrophe You Expect
Dondep wrote:
DD: Aside from the much-maligned zetatalk.com, you should at least take a good hard look at the following, in no particular order:

http://the-rabbits-hole.com/
http://thelibertyman.com/
http://www.detailshere.com/niburu.htm#What's the problem?
http://www.detailshere.com/niburu.htm

That should be enough for the time being for the POV I espouse, but that's not an open invitation for those that disagree to up and denounce; let 'em bring on their own recommendations.

DD: Thanks for the links you provided to UC.

I'd like to get your take on Dadmiral's contribution to a security policy discussion debate, back there in DC, on June 8th:

The Debate: THE CYBER WAR THREAT HAS BEEN GROSSLY EXAGGERATED
Speakers:
For the motion: Marc Rotenberg, Bruce Schneier
Against the motion: VADM (Ret) John M. (Mike) McConnell, Jonathan Zittrain

While the subject matter is off-topic, I'm wondering what you're expecting from the likes of the former MJ-1, during the coming months... more of the same, like participation in debates, etc? Or shifting towards a new way of life?

Also, I haven't seen you post anything about the demise of SNEDS over on the appropriate forum, but the timing is certainly interesting... wouldn't you say? Is it just the openminds deal, or is that another cover? Something tells me they'll be Leaving Las Vegas, soon, for good.

Lastly, your 1-3 month prediction of a wake-up call will leave many wondering. Perhaps a pole on what the wake-up call could be? Or you maybe you'll just tell us what you really think... what's there to lose, at this point?

regards,
fulcanelli

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 am
Site Admin

Hey MK! Glad to see you back and posting! :wavey

I've been recently studying the historical Jesus and have found some interesting (at least to me) tidbits. I appreciate your post. Some of what you posted dove tails nicely with what I'm learning, too. I hope to post more later.

Unified - as L suggested we have some excellent topics in the Survival thread. Several of us here are long time, dedicated preppers. Most of us started during the avian influenza scare a few years ago.

I totally agree with Don on a 2-3 month supply of food. I would urge you to prep for that long with nonperishable foods. You will find "Owl's prep list" in the Survival Food topic. It is a great place to start.

One piece of advice for you is to only store what you will really eat. Too many of us, initially, prepped all kinds of stuff that just wasn't useful. Seriously - would you eat smoked oysters in a crisis? :crylaugh

Secondly, I would urge you to practice for one weekend. No water, no electricity. Practice going 48 hours without either. You will very quickly identify holes in your preps. Do you have a nonelectric can opener? Can you wash dishes in the dark? How will you and your family use the restroom?

Good luck! :heart

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 am
Site Admin

That 48 hour test is GREAT ADVICE Blue, one that I have yet to put into practice but will soon..

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

fulcanelli wrote:
Or you maybe you'll just tell us what you really think... what's there to lose, at this point?

regards,
fulcanelli[/b][/color]

Don I second this why don't you just lay your belief on the line BRIEFLY of course.
I am mean we al lknow that you worship every word that NL says (no offence intended) but what do YOU personally believe, I do NOT want to hear it from Nancy I want to hear it from YOU from teh research that you have pwersonlly done. The links you provided above simply quote the Zeta site....

Let's start with what you think is about to start to waken us all up in approximatly 1-3 months?
And what exactly do you believe is in store after that assuming of course it does happen as predicted.

I know you mentioned a few pages back when the Ontario Quake hit that you believe the St. Lawrence river is going to "Open Up", to what degree? Can you provide any links that we can look at to see these predictions or this just a personal hunch, again I am NOT trying to debunk you I am simply trying to see what it is that you see because at this point I am still on the preverbial fence!

Don I don't think that ANY of us here are trying to put you on the spot and or make you look silly should NONE of what you believe will happen doesn't.

How about some insight, we have a TON of new members now that may or MAY NOT be familiar with what you have said in the past and some of us oldies need a refresher :wavey

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:
Hey MK! Glad to see you back and posting! :wavey

I've been recently studying the historical Jesus and have found some interesting (at least to me) tidbits. I appreciate your post. Some of what you posted dove tails nicely with what I'm learning, too. I hope to post more later.

Unified - as L suggested we have some excellent topics in the Survival thread. Several of us here are long time, dedicated preppers. Most of us started during the avian influenza scare a few years ago.

I totally agree with Don on a 2-3 month supply of food. I would urge you to prep for that long with nonperishable foods. You will find "Owl's prep list" in the Survival Food topic. It is a great place to start.

One piece of advice for you is to only store what you will really eat. Too many of us, initially, prepped all kinds of stuff that just wasn't useful. Seriously - would you eat smoked oysters in a crisis? :crylaugh

Secondly, I would urge you to practice for one weekend. No water, no electricity. Practice going 48 hours without either. You will very quickly identify holes in your preps. Do you have a nonelectric can opener? Can you wash dishes in the dark? How will you and your family use the restroom?

Good luck! :heart

This is all extremely well thought out and sage advice BB. Thank you.
Another good maybe todo thing is; inventory your "important gotta have, gotta go" items; (meds, pet meds, pet food, first aid, tools, cooking needs, batteries, fuels, lights, clothing layers, sleep needs, etc., etc., etc.,) with a reference to where you keep them about the house and an order to what you would grab to pack in a hurry to go boots on the ground. If you get pulled out of your house or must evacuate, you're not likely to have a lot of time to 'pick' and pack. Being ready to go in a hurry and well prepared are not often spoken in the same sentence unless the planning is pretty well organized. All wars, biblical scale evolutions and solutions depend greatly on logistical nightmares being overcome.

Joy to all in this very important and very anal retentive exercise... lol...Grist

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 am
GT Truther

Post Re: Big Oil, Big Spill, and Big Bill
Dondep wrote:
Those videos (in the first post above, anyway) are some pretty good finds, Helvetic. Since you posted again while I was writing, I'll have to give the second couple a looksee.

I just learned something shocking tonight, which puts the Big Oil Spill in a much starker light, and may explain to the Brits here that might take exception to the excesses of outrage felt here in the States:

BP made $58.5 BILLION in net profit over the past 3 years. That's not revenue, that's NET PROFIT. Of that, they spent $29 Million on "Safer Drilling Research" during the same period. Less than .05%. Of the NET PROFIT. And how much did they spend on "Oil Spill Research"? ZILCH. How do they get away with that, when they have to provide assurances to the government that they can handle such a crisis, as happened with the Exxon Valdez, or the 1979 Big Oil Spill that also polluted the Gulf of Mexico? Just as bad, was the government asleep on the job, or just sleeping on the job with the corporations that they were supposed to be regulating? (Yes, federal officials from the MMS - Minerals Management Services, that oversees regulation of oil, natural gas and other offshore mineral sources - were found to be having sex and doing cocaine with execs from Big Oil.) But wait; BP says it doesn't do that research because they get it from the Marine Spill Response Corp., which is a "non-profit". They certainly MUST be, because they admitted today they spend ZILCH on actual research. NOT A DIME! They are an "operational" company, and do "no research and development in the area of oil spill response". GOOD GRIEF! And they wonder why Shady froths at the keyboard sometimes!

Regarding the Clinton admission; that's what I expect we'll hear more of, sadly. "Just blow the dang thing up already!". At 20,000 psi, I don't know that that's going to solve the problem either; might just make it worse. In fact, I'm inclined to believe it would.

Good reporting DonD
That's exactly what I 've learned the problem to be.

Dex

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 am
GT Truther

Dondep wrote:

BP made $58.5 BILLION in net profit over the past 3 years. That's not revenue, that's NET PROFIT. Of that, they spent $29 Million on "Safer Drilling Research" during the same period. Less than .05%. Of the NET PROFIT.

Hey, hang on, Don. You can't get away with that. :nono

BP shares over here peaked at just under £7 for 1 share. Yes, a paltry £7. That was their highest value. In the USA, they were once over $60 a share, so I think you'll find investors over your side of the Pond were making just as much if not more in dividend payments and pension contributions than UK folks over here. Remember, BP is 40% US-owned, 40%-UK owned, while the remainder of the company is in the hands of the rest of the world.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:01 pm
GT Truther

Disorder link with teenage texting

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 » 08:20am

A study by RMIT University has identified several new disorders linked to texting on mobile phones.

A study into modern communication and young people has identified several new disorders linked to texting on mobile phones.

Researchers say teenagers who text their friends excessively could develop one of the new disorders, News Ltd newspapers reported on Wednesday.

Jennie Carroll, a Melbourne technology researcher with RMIT University, says she discovered the four disorders while studying the effects of modern communication.

She says teenagers who text too much could find themselves suffering from:

- Textaphrenia: thinking you've heard or felt a new text message vibration when there is no message.

- Textiety: a feeling of anxiety from not receiving or sending any text messages.

- Post-traumatic text disorder: injuries related to texting, such as walking into objects by not paying attention to your surroundings.

- Binge texting: sending massive amounts of texts to build self-esteem among peers.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
Disorder link with teenage texting

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 » 08:20am

A study by RMIT University has identified several new disorders linked to texting on mobile phones...

She says teenagers who text too much could find themselves suffering from:

- Textaphrenia: thinking you've heard or felt a new text message vibration when there is no message.

- Textiety: a feeling of anxiety from not receiving or sending any text messages.

- Post-traumatic text disorder: injuries related to texting, such as walking into objects by not paying attention to your surroundings.

- Binge texting: sending massive amounts of texts to build self-esteem among peers.

I can't help but read the above piece with tongue in cheek, but on the more serious side, I have indeed (we all likely have) seen some of the fairly bizarre appearances of many of these "*"ieties in our everyday walks through life. To counterbalance these discomforting new-society-ieties I'd like to share a short instructive video-lecture on facets of modern and historical/cultural communication models that points out that our entire traditional classroom education system has absolutely and completely been outdated and made useless by the new technologies of said computers, telecommunications, and electronic tools and is totally failing our student populations miserably and why. Very enlightening and moves quickly. I highly recommend the 10:08 minutes invested therein.
http://www.wimp.com/secretpowers/
After all, when it comes right down toit - communicating is really about the only thing we can still absolutely count on in life.

Keep well and safe until next we meet, Blessings fellow "GodDrops", Grist

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36 pm
GT Truther

For Your Research Don:

Quote:
Others besides Goldman Sachs may be implicated in selling BP stock before Spill

SEE LINKS AT Original Story Site:

http://www.examiner.com/x-51074-Santa-A ... fore-Spill

What did they know and when did they know it; March 31st seems a good date.

Goldman Sach's stock sale, nearly twice as large as any other institution; Represented 44 percent of the total BP investment.

Was it good timing or coincidence that the stock of British oil giant BP had a large amount of shares sold 3 months before the Gulf of Mexico oil rig explosion?

According to SEC filings Goldman Sachs sold 4,680,822 shares of BP in the first quarter of 2010. Goldman's sales were the largest of any firm during that time according to MorningStar.

Goldman would have pocketed slightly more than $266 million if their holdings were sold at the average price of BP's stock during the quarter.

If Goldman had sold these shares on June 1st following the explosion, their investment would have lost 36 percent its value, or $96 million. The share sales represented 44 percent of Goldman's holdings -- meaning that Goldman's remaining holdings have still lost tens of millions in value.

In late May, BP traded near $60.00 per share, it closed on June 28th at near $27.00.

The shares of other major oil producers remained relatively stable during the same time period.

The sale and its size itself aren’t unusual for a large asset management firm. Wall Street brokerages routinely buy and sell huge blocks of shares for themselves and their clients. In light of a recent SEC lawsuit arguing that Goldman kept information about a product they sold from their clients, the stock sale may raise fresh concern among Goldman's critics.

Goldman Sacs is not alone as the chart below reads.

Mutual Fund giant, Vanguard in their fund Windsor II Investor liquidated. 1,371.785 shares.

Ing International Value A, 194,100, shares or 47.53% of their position in the company.

Hartford Equity Income fund sold 165,900 shares and 35.69% of its holdings.

Then Oppenheimer’s Capital Income A fund with 142,000 representing a 35% pullback in their position.

The list goes on; check MorningStar to view all the charts.

BP Plc ADR
BP
Name Shares
Sold % Total
Shares Held % Chg from
Prior Port % Total
Assets Date of
Portfolio Star Rating

Vanguard Windsor II Investor
-1,371,785 0.31 -12.301.52 03/31/2010

Goldman Sachs Structured Intl Equity A
-399,339 0.03 -32.97 2.07 01/31/2010

ING International Value A
-194,100 0.01 -47.53 0.79 03/31/2010

Hartford Equity Income A
-165,900 0.01 -35.69 1.81 04/30/2010

Oppenheimer Capital Income A
-142,000 0.01 -37.87 0.73 02/28/2010

ING International Value Port I
-111,400 0.00 -51.31 1.54 03/31/2010

Not able to escape scrutiny is Tony Hayward, BP's CEO, who sold one third of his position in BP shortly before the oil rig explosion.

This saved him according to Britain’s the Daily Telegraph, 423,00 pounds or $613,096 US dollars.

After doing so, Hayward paid off the mortgage on his mansion valued at $1,739,280. His total package was valued at $5,797,600.

This writer is still wondering the role George Soros may have played in any of this.

Doubtless, Investors in Santa Ana, CA have seen their investments in BP pummeled.

Random thoughts while observing the passing charade, I'm J.C.
click to delete

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm
Truth Seeker

To those who have responded to my Survival post. Thank you.

I will need to take some time out, come up with a list of what we need and go from there.

Thanks & Kind Regards.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 pm
GT Truther

(not forgetting you fulcanelli or L2L, but that will take more time than this to respond to)

mjc wrote:
Dondep wrote:

BP made $58.5 BILLION in net profit over the past 3 years. That's not revenue, that's NET PROFIT. Of that, they spent $29 Million on "Safer Drilling Research" during the same period. Less than .05%. Of the NET PROFIT.

Hey, hang on, Don. You can't get away with that. :nono

BP shares over here peaked at just under £7 for 1 share. Yes, a paltry £7. That was their highest value. In the USA, they were once over $60 a share, so I think you'll find investors over your side of the Pond were making just as much if not more in dividend payments and pension contributions than UK folks over here. Remember, BP is 40% US-owned, 40%-UK owned, while the remainder of the company is in the hands of the rest of the world.

Mjc, I'm not arguing with the price per share, or the percentage of shares owned by US, UK, and non-Anglo-American interests. I'm not even arguing that dividend payments shouldn't have been paid at all, and I'm not even implying that there's close to $60 billion sitting in a few bank accounts on Wall St. and in the City of London. The amount of net profit generated isn't in dispute, at least I don't think you're disputing that; the facts you just presented are likewise not in dispute either, and they don't conflict with the facts I presented - except perhaps by implication. What I was saying is that out of so much profit, the managers of the operation couldn't see the rationale in putting some of it to work helping to ensure that should the company's operations run afoul of mother nature, it was fully capable of handling an oil spill. It's not as if this was the first time an oil spill of monstrous proportions had occurred. Worse, the company could legitimately be accused of fraud due to the fact that they provided assurances to the gov't. that they were prepared for any potential 'spill', or leak, such as the afore-mentioned previous disasters of a less-epic nature. Now it's true that all the oil companies that are granted the right to drill offshore by the US gov't had to provide the same kind of assurances, and it's a case of "their but for the grace of God, go they", but ultimately they shouldered the responsibility and therefore are being held accountable. That's why the offense is even more egregious; they apparently lied when they said "sure, we can handle an oil spill! No problem! In the bag! Now where's that license to drill?".

Having said all that, I'm not advocating regular BP customers join a boycott of BP gas stations, that's just plain stupid, though many simply won't be able to stomach pulling up to their pumps for awhile.....this 'boycott' is apparently hurting many local BP stations, but if Beyond Petroleum is going to live up to their obligations, they're going to need to keep doing business to help restore the Gulf and its economy.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

Dadmiral Makes An Impression

fulcanelli wrote:

I'd like to get your take on Dadmiral's contribution to a security policy discussion debate, back there in DC, on June 8th:

The Debate: THE CYBER WAR THREAT HAS BEEN GROSSLY EXAGGERATED
Speakers:
For the motion: Marc Rotenberg, Bruce Schneier
Against the motion: VADM (Ret) John M. (Mike) McConnell, Jonathan Zittrain

While the subject matter is off-topic, I'm wondering what you're expecting from the likes of the former MJ-1, during the coming months... more of the same, like participation in debates, etc? Or shifting towards a new way of life?

Also, I haven't seen you post anything about the demise of SNEDS over on the appropriate forum, but the timing is certainly interesting... wouldn't you say? Is it just the openminds deal, or is that another cover? Something tells me they'll be Leaving Las Vegas, soon, for good.

Lastly, your 1-3 month prediction of a wake-up call will leave many wondering. Perhaps a pole on what the wake-up call could be? Or you maybe you'll just tell us what you really think... what's there to lose, at this point?

regards,
fulcanelli

I have to say, fulcanelli, now that I've watched this video (and I won't redact this one for space, this bears repeating several times for the implications that are involved),

I'm stunned. I'm really and truly stunned. And speechless for the moment. :awe

And shocked to find out that SNEDs has disappeared and I wasn't even aware! At first I couldn't bear to go to the "SNEDs Says" thread that often, due to the constant barrage of name-calling and attacks on my character, and then when I was reading it more regularly, it got to be so banal, so boring, so......meaningless. It shouldn't come as a surprise, though.

I'll have a more fulsome response soon, fulcanelli. And thank you for a most excellent find. I will say that my first impression is that Dadmiral is genuinely emotional, even (dare I say it) quite "STO", which doesn't surprise me. But nothing like the 2-dimensional droning text-book like presentations of his former life. He acquitted himself well in the argument against, much better than Bruce Schneier did in the immediate follow-up.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
GT Truther

So what is the explanation for why insiders sold huge amount of BP stock before the disaster occurred? I haven't read an explanation that makes sense, other than the hard-to-believe idea that it was done purposely, motivated by a money and power agenda.

Of course, at first I believed the idea of 9/11 as an inside job was "hard to believe".
Now I believe differently.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next