It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010 
Site Admin

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010
I think that the use of the island of Java to hone in on the Zeta's points is a bit misleading. See below from Wikipedia:

Geography

Jakarta is located on the northwest coast of Java, at the mouth of the Ciliwung River on Jakarta Bay, which is an inlet of the Java Sea. Officially, the area of the Jakarta Special District is 662 km2 of land area and 6,977 km2 of sea area.[35] Jakarta lies in a low, flat basin, averaging 7 metres (23 ft) above sea level;[citation needed] 40% of Jakarta, particularly the northern areas, is below sea level,[36] while the southern parts are comparatively hilly. Rivers flow from the Puncak highlands to the south of the city, across the city northwards towards the Java Sea; the most important[clarification needed] is the Ciliwung River, which divides the city into the western and eastern principalities. Other rivers include the Pesanggrahan, and Sunter.

These rivers, combined with Jakarta's low topography make it prone to flooding from swollen rivers in the wet season and high sea tides. Other contributing factors include clogged sewage pipes and waterways that service an increasing population, in addition to deforestation near rapidly urbanizing Bogor and Depok in Jakarta's hinterland. Furthermore, Jakarta is an urban area with complex socio-economic problems that indirectly contribute to triggering a flood event.[37] Major floods occurred in 1996[38][39] when 5,000 hectares of land were flooded [40] and 2007.[41] Losses from infrastructure damage and state revenue were at least 5.2 trillion rupiah (572 million US dollars) and at least 85 people were killed [42] and about 350,000 people forced from their homes.[43] Approximately 70% of Jakarta's total area was flooded with water up to four meters deep in parts of the city.[44][45]

The Thousand Islands, which are administratively a part of Jakarta, are located in Jakarta Bay north of the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakarta#Geography

Add to that the fact that Jakarta IS sinking - but not from crustal movement. See below:

Jakarta sinking up to 10 cm per year
Irawaty Wardany, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sat, 04/24/2010 9:20 AM | Headlines A | A | A |

Jakarta, the nation’s capital and largest city, is sinking at a rate of 10 centimeters a year, a recent study has found.

The main causes for this phenomenon, which has been evidenced in recent years by several major floods, are extensive land extraction due to groundwater exploration and pressure from high-rise buildings, which is pushing parts of the city into the underlying water table.

The land has been sinking for a long time, and the coastline is now encroaching on the heart of the city,” a geodynamics researcher from the Bandung Institute of Technology, Irwan Gumilar, told The Jakarta Post.

Irwan was a member of a research team led by Professor Hasanuddin Z Abidin that monitored Jakarta from 1997-2009.

“Few people may realize that the land is sinking by 10 to 12 centimeters a year,” Irwan said.

Read more here: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/04/24/akarta-sinking-10-cm-year.html

My lovely city has and is facing nearly the same issues. For years, the City of Houston pumped underground water for drinking water and this area had massive land subsidence as a direct result. About 10-15 years ago pumping of underground water was banned and, until Ike, we did not lose much land.

After Ike the Upper Texas coast suffered massive beach erosion which leads this area more susceptible to inundation from the sea - especially during high tides with a low pressure system in the Gulf.

Just my two cents.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 am
GT Truther

Thanks for your comments, MT7 and Blue. This is surely an issue where any wriggle room would be most welcome!

Just to clarify my using the Poleshift.ning.com data here:

• I don’t by any means agree with everything Nancy Lieder says. I’m most reluctant to be in the position of any kind of spokesman or defender of her views.

However the ning group itself does the best job of compiling earth changes data from a number of other sources. It remains the best single source databank for other readers to explore, since they always reference the original links.

• The “flooding not caused by swollen rivers” grab shot, for instance, was taken from another source: a YouTube video posted Jan 11, 2011:

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MRk_-_Ifz8

These were posted by user Setiawanaj, who seems to be an ordinary Indonesian. The other videos on his channel are ordinary family things showing his children playing, on trips to Hong Kong, shopping at the mall, etc. He has a few other shots from airplanes as they land in Asia – it seems to be something he likes filming. These are the only ones that raise questions about flooding and water levels. So he doesn’t appear to have a “message to sell” by posting these. Their implications were evidently picked up by other researchers and passed to the ning.

As to the general issue, Blue, of Java sinking slowly – at the rate of about 4.5 inches (10-12 cm) per year - this is certainly true and ongoing.

• The problem here is that the Google data shows a drop of 20 feet in a matter of weeks. Even if we were to allow, say, three feet of leeway for GPS errors or something…. That’s still a major, and very rapid loss of elevation. At the “normal” rate of 10-12 cm per year, that’s 90 years worth of “normal” sinking.

• The fact that Java is sinking at all – even slowly – merely confirms the propensity of this part of the world to respond to tectonic plate stress by – yup – sinking. The Wikipedia data independently confirms the “domino” response of the plates, which is clearly not a new phenomenon. What’s happening now is that this process is accelerating. This diagram below - showing the sinking stresses on Indonesia was published sometime last year, before the present altitude loss:

I, too, keep hoping to be wrong here.

Regards,

Selene

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 am
GT Truther

Selene,

Two things on my mind about this sinking earth thing.

1) why are we not seeing flooding in the Netherlands, since it has 25% of it's land under sea level ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands :doh

2) Could it a combo effect of :
natural tectonic movement
tides
weather
super saturation of soil due to poor land management
ground water depletion
(as the some of the facts from BlueBonnet indicate)? :sherlock

I have also read that tides can vary by wide amounts (caused by both the moon and sun)
http://geography.howstuffworks.com/terms-and-associations/tide2.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide

Also I am inclined to say this planetx is just PYSOPS by offworlder entities to:

A) Generate Fear for their own emotion enjoyment/energy. :flame

B) Generate Fear for continued testing and control of Humans. :alien

Option B makes sense to me because, if I was about to disclose myself to a primitive world.
I would want to understand how Humans thought and reacted to information and emotions beyond there control.
This would tell me a lot about when and how much Humans could handle in the way of disclosure and how the synergy/meme effect changed perception in Humans.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy#Human_synergy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

Peace,
MT7

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am
GT Truther

British woman 'cured' of deep depression by pioneering surgery

Now here is something that makes people sit up, take note, and marvel at how technology can be harnessed in a beneficial way.

BUT, as scientists learn more about the brain and its workings, could the same technological breakthrough also be used to modify behavour in ways which society at large would not approve of? eg: solders with their compassion turned off.

Have we taken another step towards borg-like humans?

Does the answer depend on how the technology is used?

Simon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A British nurse who had a long battle with depression has become the first person in the world to benefit from life-changing neurosurgery.

Follow the link to read the story plus see an x-ray showing what was involved.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8279576/British-woman-cured-of-deep-depression-by-pioneering-surgery.html

For another point of view, also see here...

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Is_Brain_Surgery_The_Cure_For_Depression.html

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm
GT Truther

TexLittlefield wrote:
This came in an email to me. The sender did not know the original source.

2011 Prediction Calender based on a crop circle.

Yikes, this implies that the tsunami will be early next month!!!

Living in London what can I say?

:scared :scared :scared

Simon

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm
GT Truther

MT7, you asked:

MountainTiger7 wrote:
Two things on my mind about this sinking earth thing.

1) why are we not seeing flooding in the Netherlands, since it has 25% of its land under sea level ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands

Because the present sinking land in Indonesia is the result of large areas of the crust of the earth (tectonic plates) in that part of the planet crumpling, twisting and tilting, as Indonesia rides atop it.

It is not the result of a general rise in the level of the oceans worldwide. It is not the result of polar melting or global atmospheric warming, or we would, indeed be seeing a general worldwide coastal inundation.

Imagine, if you will, that you’ve got a dinner plate floating nicely in your bathtub full of water. It’s well balanced and stable. Now you press your finger down on one edge – or a rubber ducky bobs up underneath it…. The plate tilts and takes on water. No actual change in the level of the bath is necessary. See?

And, not to make too fine a point, but the Netherlands, while indeed largely below sea level inland, are ringed at their coast by large berms and dikes that are actually high above sea level.

MountainTiger7 wrote:
2) Could it a combo effect of :
natural tectonic movement
tides
weather
super saturation of soil due to poor land management
ground water depletion
(as the some of the facts from BlueBonnet indicate)?

I have also read that tides can vary by wide amounts (caused by both the moon and sun)

• Natural tectonic movement? Well, it’s ‘natural” all right – but that doesn’t mean it’s harmless…

• Tides? Tides go in and tides go out. The problem here is that it’s not going “out” again. Tides can vary, but not by twenty feet arbitrarily.

• Weather? Rainfall records do not support the rainfall/flooding story. Rainfall has been normal, and not particularly heavy. Normal seasonal monsoons bring much more water ashore. Even heavier than usual rains last year did not cause the same problems. http://www.thepresidentpost.com/?tag=weather

• Poor land management? Indonesia lives on rice growing and most land that is not mountainous and forested is under rice cultivation; those terraced rice fields are very, very carefully tended – by hand - and have been cultivated in a traditional manner for centuries.

A water buffalo is still the largest ‘mechanical device’ you’ll see there. No rape, loot and plunder. There’s some mining on Irian Jaya, and Sulwesi etc, but not enough to account for this.

• Ground water depletion? Unlikely. See typical Indonesian rice paddy below:

As to the fear, well, as the astronauts are fond of saying of space travel: “If you aren’t scared spitless, you don’t fully understand the situation…”

Cheers,

Selene

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:18 pm
GT Truther

I'm on a roll today... some more pieces in the puzzle suggesting that change is all around us and becoming ever more imminent.

Simon

---------------------------------

1) "The Anomaly in the Atlantic"
Bermuda Triangle Strangeness, Ancient Gate Opening, or Atlantis Rising?

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/11_Global/110124.alert.Hawk.html

After reading the FAA Flight Advisory put out Thursday 1/20/2011 regarding Department of Defense GPS tests to be conducted January 20 through February 22 of 2011, where pilots were advised that during the tests, GPS signals would be unreliable or unavailable within the southeast U.S. area, an immediate red flag went up especially in light of recent electro-magnetic anomalies, strange bird and fish kills, and increased seismic activity. (See the FAA pdf for the full advisory and the large radius circle map of the area involved.)

<snip>

(could this be a cover for something else?)

2) Violent Seismic Activity Tearing Africa in Two

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,740641,00.html

The fissures began appearing years ago. But in recent months, seismic activity has accelerated in northeastern Africa as the continent breaks apart in slow motion. Researchers say that lava in the region is consistent with magma normally seen on the sea floor -- and that water will ultimately cover the desert.

<snip>

Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm
GT Truther

UFO Enthusiasts Abuzz Over Indonesian Crop Circles

Published January 24, 2011

FoxNews.com

Indonesia’s first crop circles have appeared -- and locals call it evidence of alien life.

Found in a rice field in a hamlet of Sleman, Yogyakarta, the crop circle consists of triangles and circles with a diameter of about 70 meters. While some observes say the shapes are manmade, local scientists and government officials are struggling for a concrete explanation, leaving UFO enthusiasts murmuring of extraterrestrials.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/ ... op-circle/

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 pm
GT Truther

Uncle John here: Cool avatar Dex. BTW, happy birthday.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

more on new crop circle

http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/inter2011/java/java2011a.html

MT7

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 pm
GT Truther

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfoCN0p5sys

Is either "We can not stop the music"

Or "We can not stop the fire"

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

UncleJohn wrote:
Uncle John here: Cool avatar Dex. BTW, happy birthday.

Thank you UJ...that was a surprise...It's not in my profile..How'd you know?

D

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm
GT Truther

:huh

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Happy B-Day Dex....

UJ knows all :slap

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Second-Sun-Redux

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/is-this-what-i-think-it-is&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 am
GT Truther

Seen with the naked eye?...

That clears up a few things. That's great, thank you loP Guest and Tex.

Dex

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 am
GT Truther

Tex, that was an interesting find......why do you think the LoP poster was banned from the site that originally hosted that image? Were they perhaps unaware of what they had, and only after it made it to the poleshift ning was it deemed important enough to ban? :hmm

I agree with UJ, that's a cool new avatar you have Dex. And thanks to him and his careful maintenance of the archives, we can all wish you a happy birthday:

:drunks HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEX! :drunks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We seek a free flow of information... we are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."-John F. Kennedy, Feb. 26th, 1962.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Truth Seeker

Sure looks like two to me, so it begins again! :crylaugh
danstew

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:43 am
Truth Seeker

I thought the second sun was supposed to be a brown dwarf ? This looks like a smaller version of the sun ? :popcorn

Just asking :yamon :sherlock

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010
Danstew wrote:
I thought the second sun was supposed to be a brown dwarf ? This looks like a smaller version of the sun ? :popcorn

Just asking :yamon :sherlock

Ermm.. that IS what a brown dwarf looks like.. :slap

See..!

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Sorry to go against the tide of X believers (which existence of still might be true)

But you can see though lens flare (see gallery in link below for examples) :pix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

So the appearance of the tree in front of the "sun" does not indicate a second "sun" :whistle

Also found the below link, on a easy way to create lens flare
http://vimeo.com/13744943

Peace, :candle

MT7 :offtobed

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 pm
Truth Seeker

Cool link :tounge thanks for clearing THAT up.

I thought a brown dwarf doesn't have any light of it's own WTF :spit :sherlock
That is what makes it BROWN, NO LIGHT !
danstew

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 pm
Site Admin

:elephant :banana :brockoli

A Very Happy Birthday to you, Dex!

And here's to many more! :wavey :heart

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm
Truth Seeker

YEA happy birthday DEX :slap :brockoli :banana :elephant :candle :candle :candle :candle

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 pm
GT Truther

mountaintiger7 wrote:
Sorry to go against the tide of X believers (which existence of still might be true)

But you can see though lens flare (see gallery in link below for examples) :pix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

So the appearance of the tree in front of the "sun" does not indicate a second "sun" :whistle

Also found the below link, on a easy way to create lens flare
http://vimeo.com/13744943

Peace, :candle

MT7 :offtobed

I don't think a lens flare would appear behind a tree limb.

Dex

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 37  Next