It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
 The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010 

Post Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010
FS - have you read "The NASA Conspiracies" - or are you reporting this as a find?

:?:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Bluebonnet that cyclone is huge and aiming for Townsville, the next major city north of here. The state emergency service is making automatic phone calls to everyone warning about storm surges in low lying areas. So far I've been very lucky with the crazy weather/planet x flooding, but I don't know about this one. It's expected to cross the coast Wednesday.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 am

Hey Rick - it is crazy that Auz is getting smacked with so many calamities. We shall certainly be keeping all the folks over there in our prayers, as well as visualising the power of that cyclone diminishing to that of a minor weather event.

Wishing you all blessings and good outcomes.

:heart

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

mmmhmmm. Going to get our asses kicked tonight and tomorrow weather-wise in Kansas. Fighters just made combat turns over my pointy little old head. :shtf

Ya'll be careful out there. Grist

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:29 pm
Site Admin

Rick Hunter wrote:
Bluebonnet that cyclone is huge and aiming for Townsville, the next major city north of here. The state emergency service is making automatic phone calls to everyone warning about storm surges in low lying areas. So far I've been very lucky with the crazy weather/planet x flooding, but I don't know about this one. It's expected to cross the coast Wednesday.

Rick - after surviving the eye of Hurricane Ike right over my house - keep ya head down, bud! The main advice I can give you is:

A. either evacuate or hunker down - but make up your mind now - not at the last minute.

B. make sure you have plenty of water and as much ice as you can get.

C. make sure you have food that doesn't require cooking for at least 72 hours. Crackers are your friend!

D. make sure you have cash on hand - small bills, if possible.

E. It's not the wind that kills - it's the storm surge. If you are in a low lying area - please evacuate.

Best of luck! You are in my thoughts and prayers! :candle :candle :heart

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:59 pm
Site Admin

Grist - you keep safe, eah? :candle

East Texas (my DH) is running around right now getting firewood, ice and other necessities.

The weather folks can't make up their minds (yet) what type of "wintery precipitation" we will have by the end of the week - if any.

Soooo...

We normally have our lovely ice storms in February and haven't had one since 1999.

It is 72 degrees right now and a lovely day. We had heavy fog this morning - so lots of humidity.

Forecast for tomorrow is for strong thunderstorms, possible tornadoes and hail. Then a plunge of temps with the wind chills in the teens. :awe

We are looking at lows of 24 and 28 degrees F for Wednesday and Thursday nights. Yeah, I hear ya'll Yankees laughing! :mrgreen:

We are not prepared for this cold weather. Our water pipes are in the attic down here and we have huge elevated roadways.

We also don't have snow plow, snow blowers, salt, etc. Sooo icy roads - ya stay home and the whole place shuts down.

:slap :crylaugh

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:20 pm
GT Truther

Sky wrote:
FS - have you read "The NASA Conspiracies" - or are you reporting this as a find?

:?:

A find why Sky have you read it ;)

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile YIM

You all stay safe, this weather your having is nuts!! :doh :hmm My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

Siam wrote:
You all stay safe, this weather your having is nuts!! :doh :hmm My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

The weather Here is a HELLISH 105.8 degrees Farhenheit my computer's FAN IS RAGING and it's only 9:37 AM :censor :headbang :flame :roll :gah
Inside Our UNVENTILATED/UNINSULATED HOUSE it get's up to 167 Degree's And You can't Breathe open a window and the HOT wind BURNS your face.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts GT friends. My big old house is on a hill, well out of the flood zone. I just have to put my scooters inside, food and water are organised. Ice is a good idea though, I lost some food when the power went off for a few days last year in a cyclone.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm
GT Truther

Grist von Zweifel wrote:
mmmhmmm. Going to get our asses kicked tonight and tomorrow weather-wise in Kansas. Fighters just made combat turns over my pointy little old head. :shtf

Ya'll be careful out there. Grist

Greetings, Fellow Kansan! It was 72 degrees here in Cowtown (Wichita) Saturday. Tonight, ice turning to snow. The forecast for tomorrow is simply "Blizzard." Below zero temps and wind chills for the next few days. I just dread another ice storm . . . I had no power for eight days a few years back!

Stay warm . . .

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
GT Truther

Hi Blue -

If you are at all concerned about your water pipes freezing (low probability, but could happen...) here's a trick:

Turn on a main floor tap to allow just a small drip... As long as the tap keeps dripping, the pipe connected to it won't freeze.

Good luck, y'all - and stay warm!

And Fr33k - I wish we could send you some of this icy cold! Weird world, ain't it?

Cheers,

Selene

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:59 pm
GT Truther

UFO-TEMPLE MOUNT OF JERUSALEM

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm
GT Truther

Re: The Golden Thread, Volume 5.8 2010
Wyzyrd wrote:
Stay warm . . .

-18.4 degrees fahrenheit today in Montreal. No big deal. :tounge

fr33kSh0w2012, you want to exchange ? :roll

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:41 pm
GT Truther

Cyberbird wrote:
Wyzyrd wrote:
Stay warm . . .

-18.4 degrees fahrenheit today in Montreal. No big deal. :tounge

fr33kSh0w2012, you want to exchange ? :roll

I would LOVE TOO.. IT IS ABOUT 181.4 degrees inside my house it 9:00 PM MY AIR COOLER IS BLOWING OUT RANCID HOT AIR (even though I've got Ice in it) I can't Breathe properly I'm passing out while writing this :headbang

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Thanks, Selene - yep we will drip water all night for the next few nights.

Drive in this morning was :scared .

Pitch black, heavy rain, and then the temperature dropped 20 degrees in less than 5 minutes - no lie! The wind was howling. My car pool uses a contra-flow lane up the Gulf Freeway (IH-45) and as we topped one of the roads - we nearly went sliding sideways.

East Texas texted me that when it blew through at my house it blew the hot tub cover off! :shock: That thing is heavy - it takes both of us to remove it and put it on.

Sooo - we are now looking at falling temps all day, winds of 25-30 mph all day and wind chill in the single digits. :gah

But the good news is we have a 40% chance of SNOW for Friday. :elephant :banana :brockoli

Doin' the happy dance! Maybe I'll get some more pics of roses in the snow for ya'll.

Keep cool Freak! And Rick - stay safe! :heart

Wyz and Grist - stay safe and warm! I'm seeing on TV this AM that ya'll are getting hammered. :wavey

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 am
GT Truther

(Note: I want to share with you what I think can cause a serious reproach to Egypt's regime change...Why hadn't their Prophet's warned them?...It Begins...Dex)

Quote:

As one shrewd analyst remarks, “al-Baradei being put in power by the Muslim Brotherhood is effectively like the `moderate’ Miqati being put in power [as prime minister] in Lebanon by Hizballah. What matters is that the Muslim Brotherhood and Hizballah are calling the shots.”

If you believe that El Baradei, with no real political experience or any organized movement behind him, can dominate the Muslim Brotherhood, I have a bridge over the Nile I’ll sell you. But it’s even worse than that. It has been well-known in Egypt that much of El Baradei’s presidential campaign has been run by the Brotherhood. He’s certainly not their puppet but to a considerable extent he is their pawn.

If you think that the only gas supplies cut off will be Israel’s you have another thing coming. As the guardian of the Suez Canal and 20% of the world’s Oil Supply that passes through those waters, a Muslim Brotherhood-run Egypt will threaten the energy supply of the United States and Europe as well as Israel.

Sadly CNN and ABC have their heads entrenched firmly in the sand, and if the Muslim Brotherhood gain control over Egypt, either on a “de facto” or a “de jure” basis the prospects for a peaceful future for the United States or for Israel is in grave danger.

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/01/31/ ... 2%80%9D-4/

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 am
GT Truther

Bluebonnet wrote:

Wyz and Grist - stay safe and warm! I'm seeing on TV this AM that ya'll are getting hammered. :wavey

Ayup - just made it up to 6 degrees here. I can see across the street now and the wind is steady 28 mph and gusting to 40. I'm battened down again after managing to get the Ford Taurus out from under the carport to pick my wifey up at work. And she's walking back after lunch. Dedicated camper and I love her and worry a bit, but she refuses a ride back to the office. Superwoman and a super woman.

The only vehicle moving on main street is the town's backhoe/plow that's pushing snowdrifts around. Expecting this blizzard to last for several more hours before the snow abates and then just winds to move the icky cold dry powder about. I'm so glad not to be on horseback or under a chuck wagon tending a herd... brrrrrr.. I'm hoping Texas, Louisiana, and points east aren't getting pasted with cyclonic upheaval.

Reading a great online piece today. Give it a gander if you have a chance. It's a real eye opener about NASA boondoggles and very well written and not the popularized debunking one would expect. Much more than I ever considered before. So Wyz and anyone else snowed in...lol.. this one's for you; http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/Apollo1.html Wagging The Moondoggie Pt 1, by David McGowan.

Ya'll be super safe out there. Grist

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 am
GT Truther

As I type it is 4 degrees F outside with a wind chill of -38 f and the expectation is temps well below zero F tonight with the wind gusting to 40 MPH . . .

We have about three inches so far of that powder, and the forecast on my Firefox add-on still simply says "Blizzard."

Three days ago it was 72F - in January - in Kansas - as Grist can attest, the weather here either sucks or blows, depending on the wind direction . . . (c:

Re: davesweb - I posted the other day about him - great writer - read the piece on Laurel Canyon next! (c:

Stay warm. My POW-MIA flag on the front porch looks like it's been ironed pointing south . . .

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
GT Truther

from: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthr ... ial/page22
Bill Ryan wrote:
edina wrote:
Bill, if you know, or perhaps this would be a question for Charles/Atticus.

1. What would make these machines feel/take a defensive stance?

2. And how does the brain fuzziness, ect.... work as a way for these AI machines to defend themselves?

3. In short, what do they fear?

4. And, is this even relevant to our current circumstances/Charles, and his Master's plan, and the people here in Avalon?

Important questions. Highly ironically (and fortuitously! ), I have the opportunity to ask questions like these... addressed to the machine's human interface.

Uncle John here: My guess is that the machine's greatest fear is also mine, boredom. Doesn't look like much chance of being bored at the current time.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Wyzyrd wrote:
As I type it is 4 degrees F outside with a wind chill of -38 f and the expectation is temps well below zero F tonight with the wind gusting to 40 MPH . . .

We have about three inches so far of that powder, and the forecast on my Firefox add-on still simply says "Blizzard."

Three days ago it was 72F - in January - in Kansas - as Grist can attest, the weather here either sucks or blows, depending on the wind direction . . . (c:

Re: davesweb - I posted the other day about him - great writer - read the piece on Laurel Canyon next! (c:

Stay warm. My POW-MIA flag on the front porch looks like it's been ironed pointing south . . .

Wyz - I read the Laurel Canyon piece. I had NO idea all of those folks were living in that one small community. :hmm

"the forecast on my Firefox add-on still simply says "Blizzard." " :slap :crylaugh

Stay safe and warm both of you!

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:33 pm
GT Truther

It's amazing that anything could do more damage than the floods but Cyclone Yasi is about to ruin north Queensland. In Cairns the shopping centres are full with people from low lying areas. The malls are not cyclone proof, those people must be so scared.
300 km/h winds and a 7 metre storm surge expected tonight. You will probably all see footage on TV. Cairns is a community of 100,000 people, we'll see what's left of it tomorrow.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:31 pm
Site Admin

:candle :heart

Rick - this is just so awful there are no words for it. My heart and prayers go out to these folks.

During Ike - this was the worst time - waiting and knowing that your life would be forever changed but not knowing how it would change.

I was fortunate during Ike that I was still on pain meds from an emergency appendectomy a week earlier. :mrgreen:

I usually freak out during storms but for Ike I was strangely calm - good drugs, huh? :yamon

Stay safe! :heart

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 am
Site Admin

Wondered why several stop lights at random intersections were dark this morning.

GAH!

BTW - it is 22 degrees F with a wind chill of 9 degrees F this morning!

Yippeee Skippy!
:shock:

Houston area under rolling blackouts

ERCOT, which overseers power supplies in Texas, has asked electrical companies to institute "rotating outages" to compensate for increased demands for electricity during the wintery cold snap gripping the state.

Hospitals and other critical services such as nursing homes are not effected by the plan, according to ERCOT. The effort is designed to prevent generators from becoming over loaded, which may led to a regional blackout.

In the Houston area, CenterPoint Energy officials said they began the periodic outages about 5:45 a.m. today. The outages are limited to no more than about 45 minutes and an average of 330,000 customers will be effected on a rotating basis.

CenterPoint Energy pre-determined which circuits and power lines will be systematically shut down or curtailed temporarily across its service territory to reduce usage. The company's expects to avoid turning off circuits to critical facilities, such as hospitals, water treatment plants and other vital public services.

Read more here: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7409001.html

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 am
GT Truther

Rick and all Australian Friends - Saying strongest prayers and sending best thoughts for your safety and perseverance. Hang in there and be safe please, please, please!

Awww Bb sorry to see you are struggling Houston way. The one truth eternal; "This too shall pass." Cold up here just north of you in Kansas. Snow ended last night but blew about all night long. Some parts of the yard have brown grass showing and some drifts of a couple of feet. The thermometer on the north side of my brick home (actually a 1944 vintage brick Church of Christ building) said zero. My efficient ventless gas heaters are barely keeping up with the ten degree outside temp with high fifties upstairs and forties downstairs but we've got plenty of electricity and sunshine. You be careful and keep your bod warm. Remember to feed it plenty of carbohydrates today to keep the motor running. The whole world has had sh*tty weather thus far, so why should we be spared? Keep your spirits up and your dream catcher out to catch some of the love being sent your way.

Standing by with a hot cuppa tea, Grist

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next