It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 am

Watch for the coming collapse of Monsanto 

Re: Watch for the coming collapse of Monsanto
Something Historical is About to Happen
By Dr. Mercola

As stated by Ronnie Cummins with the Organic Consumers Association:

"Monsanto is one of the most powerful, arrogant and destructive companies in the world. For decades, they have controlled the world's food supply by buying off politicians and regulatory agencies, intimidating small farmers, manipulating the outcome of scientific studies, lying to consumers - and threatening to sue states like Vermont if they dare to pass a GMO labeling law.

... Despite Monsanto's claims to the contrary, scientists are clear: genetically engineered food has been linked to a wide range of health hazards, including kidney and liver damage, infertility, auto-immune disorders, allergies and autism, accelerated aging, and birth defects...

We have the right to know if the food we buy has been genetically engineered.... It's time to take back our food. Our farms. Our power. It's time to show Monsanto what ordinary people like us can do when we come together. It's time to drop the money bomb on Monsanto."

Mayday! Mayday!

I'm pleased to announce that the Money Bomb Against Monsanto has been officially launched!

Yes, it is official.

Volunteers and staff from the California Right to Know Campaign are submitting nearly 1 million signed petitions from registered voters across the state of California to county officials, to place Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act on the Ballot for November 6.

Starting May 1, and extending through May 26, a broad coalition of farmers, health groups, and organic food manufacturers, will attempt to raise one million dollars (i.e. "The Money Bomb"). Donations can be made online, via regular snail mail, and over the phone. All donations will support state GMO-labeling campaigns and their defense from biotech bully lawsuits.

The Right to Know Gentically Engineered Food Act

This Act will require food manufacturers to identify genetically engineered ingredients on the labels of foods sold in California.

When California voters pass this ballot initiative, the Label Genetically Engineered Food Act will also not allow the common practice of mislabeling genetically engineered foods as "natural" or "all natural." It's imperative to understand why this initiative is so important and how it can affect all Americans, regardless of where you live.

California has the eighth largest economy in the world, so passing a labeling law for genetically engineered foods in California can have the same impact as passing a federal law.

Large food companies are unlikely to accept having dual labeling; one for California and another for the rest of the country. It would be an expensive logistical nightmare, not to mention a massive PR problem.

To avoid the dual labeling, many would likely opt to not include using any genetically engineered ingredients in their product, especially if the new label would be the equivalent of a skull and crossbones. Those who opt not to replace GE ingredients from the get-go will likely find themselves unable to sell their products, as a majority of consumers reportedly will not buy foods once they know they're genetically engineered. Unable to sell their products, such companies will eventually be forced to stop contaminating our food with genetically engineered ingredients, or risk going out of business.

This is what happened in Europe and over 40 countries around the world. It can happen in the U.S. This is why we can't leave California to battle the biotech giants on their own. They need your help! Donating funds to this campaign may be the best money you'll spend all year to safeguard your health, and the health of your children.

Do you know which foods are genetically engineered when you go grocery shopping for your family? Wouldn't you want to know? Genetically engineered foods have been on the market since 1996. It's time they tell us what's in the food we're eating on a daily basis. Making a generous donation to this campaign is the best chance every American has at this point to make that happen!

The Proverbial David versus Goliath

Naturally, the biotech industry is not about to let this pass without a fight. Monsanto, the Farm Bureau, the Grocery Manufacturers Association, along with corporate agribusiness, are all raising millions of dollars to spread their propaganda in an effort to defeat the California Ballot Initiative, just like they did a decade ago in Oregon. At that time, a cabal of corporate giants, including Monsanto and DuPont, calling themselves The Coalition Against the Costly Labeling Law, outspent the pro-labeling group 30-1, and successfully defeated the labeling initiative by scaring voters into believing that labeling genetically engineered foods was unnecessary and would raise food prices.

They did it again in Washington state last month, where campaign contributions to three of the eight politicians on the Senate Agriculture Committee—Democrat Brian Hatfield, and Republicans Jim Honeyford and Mark Schoesler—guaranteed the bill's demise in committee. Right now, the biotech industry is also working to defeat similar GE labeling bills in Vermont, Hawaii, Connecticut, and other states. According to the Union of Concerned Scientists, Monsanto spent $8 million on their lobbying efforts in 2010 alone, and gave more than $400,000 in political contributions. Monsanto also spent $120 million on advertising, to convince consumers that genetically engineered foods are safe – despite the overwhelming scientific evidence showing otherwise.

Let's send them a message, loud and clear: We have the right to know what they put into our food!

You can do so by making a donation right now. The money will be used to counter the industry propaganda so that we can win this ballot.

We're Dropping the Money Bomb!

About twenty years ago, the FDA decided to deny consumers the right to know whether their food was genetically altered or not. This shameful regulation was spearheaded by Michael Taylor, a former Monsanto lawyer who transferred into the offices of the FDA. Taylor is not the only ex-Monsanto employee that ended up in a position of power within the US federal government and its regulatory agencies, and this is precisely why previous efforts to get genetically engineered foods labeled have been blocked.

Not so this time!

Ballot Initiatives like the one in California is one way for citizens to take back control from compromised politicians and government officials and bypass them entirely. To sweeten the deal further, a group of "Right to Know" public interest organizations and organic companies have pledged to match the first million dollars raised in this nationwide "Drop the Money Bomb on Monsanto Campaign."

So click here, and help us raise 1 million dollars to win this historic campaign! These "Right to Know" groups include:

The Organic Consumers Association
Mercola.com
Food Democracy Now
Nature's Path
Lundberg Family Farms
Eden Foods, and
The Organic Consumers Fund

Can We Win?

Yes, I believe we can! But we need to get the word out, which requires a strong campaign to educate the citizens of California to vote for the initiative on November 6. According to Ronnie Cummins of the Organic Consumers Association, we stand a good chance of winning in California because:

This time, we have far more scientific information and greater public awareness on our side. GE contamination is now a mainstream media issue. Monsanto has become the most hated corporation in the world.
This time, we have overwhelming public support. Polls show that more than 8 out of 10 voters in California want mandatory GE labeling.
This time, we have built the strongest coalition of concerned food consumers in history, for the exclusive purpose of passing this law.

The Time for Action is NOW!

Today, I ask you to invest in this Initiative. Invest in your future. And invest as generously as you can. If you've already sent in your donation, thank you! If not, please contribute to this historic and critical campaign today. And then please forward this email to your friends. Share it on Facebook and Twitter. Print it out, hand it to all your friends. Every action counts!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... eling.aspx

:clap :clap :clap

Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Watch for the coming collapse of Monsanto
This is awesome news, lets hope this law suit gains mega speed

Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

We talk about people sitting back and letting the big corporations kill us, slowly and quickly! Well here are people who are standing up to the money... I will go to the original article and make a donation, but also see if there is anything one can do to help by working online. But I was especially glad to see that there is an initiative in Connecticut, where I live. I'm going to find that group and see if I can help.

I do see people awakening, seeing behind the glitter, the advertising, the MSM, and taking action! Let's hear it for the 99%! :clap

Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 am
Profile YIM

Here is a [url=http://www.ctnofa.org/documents/5%20Things%20You%20Need%20to%20Know%20about%20GMOs.pdf]link[\url] to an excellent document giving lots of basic information about GMO's.

Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

rutsuyasun wrote:

There you go rutsuyasun

Wed May 02, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile YIM

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
rutsuyasun wrote:

There you go rutsuyasun

Thanks, fr33k! My bust, I didn't go back and check my post. You are very helpful with your fixes. :clap

Fri May 04, 2012 9:32 am
Profile YIM
GT Truther

I do what i can to make everything much easier for everyone meaning (i like to help when i know i can)

Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

This should be illegal :rant :censor :headbang

Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France’s Ban on Monsanto’s GMO Maize

Just after France legislators and officials moved to ban Monsanto’s genetically modified strain of GMO maize over environmental and health concerns, the European Union has decided to step in and re-secure Monsanto’s presence in the country — against the very will of the nation itself. This should come as no surprise when considering the fact that the United States ambassador to France, a business partner to George W. Bush, stated back in 2007 that nations who did not accept Monsanto’s GMO crops will be ‘penalized’. In fact, ambassador Craig Stapleton went as far as to say that the nations should be threatened with military-styled trade wars.

That’s right, it appears the reason for the unprecedented move to maintain Monsanto’s deeply-rooted foothold in France has to do with the fact that the United States and other nations are continually pushing Monsanto’s agenda — even going as far as to threaten military-styled trade wars to those who oppose the company. Monsanto has major connections with political heads that have actually threatened trade wars against nations opposed to GMOs on record. As I reported back in January, WikiLeaks cables surfaced revealing and startling information concerning Monsanto’s deep involvement with back-end politics.

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/blatant-corru ... z1vtGeRqgZ

Fri May 25, 2012 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Superbug vs. Monsanto: Nature rebels against biotech titan

Reuters / Victor Ruiz

TAGS:Ecology, Health, SciTech, USA, Agriculture

A growing number of rootworms are now able to devour genetically modified corn specifically designed by Monsanto to kill those same pests. A new study shows that while the biotech giant may triumph in Congress, it will never be able to outsmart nature.

Western corn rootworms have been able to harmlessly consume the genetically modified maize, a research paper published in the latest issue of the journal GM Crops & Food reveals. A 2010 sample of the rootworm population had an elevenfold survival rate on the genetically modified corn compared to a control population. That’s eight times more than the year before, when the resistant population was first identified.

Experts are also noting that this year’s resistant rootworm populations are maturing earlier than expected. In fact, the time the bug’s larvae hatched was the earliest in decades.

“The Western corn rootworm 'season' is underway at a pace earlier than I have experienced since I began studying this versatile insect as a graduate student in the late 1970s,” entomologist Mike Gray wrote in The Bulletin, a periodical issued by the University of Chicago’s Department of Crop Studies.

Studies in other states have also revealed that the rootworm population is becoming increasingly resistant to genetically modified corn. Last year, Iowa State University researcher Aaron Gassmann noted that a number of farmers reported discovering, much to their dismay, that a large number of rootworms survived after the consumption of their GM crops. Gassmann branded these pests “superbugs.”

Farmers and food companies have increasingly been dependent on GM crops, and many have abandoned crop rotation, a practice that has been used to stave off pest infestations for centuries. Some have even gone as far as to ignore federal regulation, which require the GM corn plantations be accompanied by a small “refuge” of non-GM maize.

The recent findings have potentially devastating ramifications for both farmers and consumers. Genetic maize plantation would easily come under attack from the swelling number of “superbugs,” resulting in dwindling harvest numbers for farmers. Ultimately, consumers will pay the price not only for corn, an essential product whose derivatives are used in a plethora of products ranging from yogurts to baby powder, but for other crops sold in the market. Rising corn prices would mean that more farmers would plant corn, despite the risks, and the yield for other crops would drop. That would drive prices for virtually all food items up, hitting hard on a population already smitten by ongoing economic difficulties.

Monsanto launched its anti-rootworm GM corm in 2003. The Cry3Bb1 protein, derived from the Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt.) bacterium, was inserted into the corn’s genetic code. The embedded protein was supposed to be fatal to all rootworms.

The recent findings came days after Monsanto, along with other biotech companies, got a major boost from a congressional panel, which okayed the manufacture of GM crops despite pending legal challenges. Many of the lawsuits that Monsanto faces include assessments that its crops are unsafe for human consumption and affect the health of unborn children.

Monsanto has also been an active plaintiff itself. Its primary targets include entities that seek to label GM foods, and small farmers, whom the biotech behemoth accuses of using genetically modified crops patented by Monsanto.

http://rt.com/usa/news/superbug-monsant ... tance-628/

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
Superbug vs. Monsanto: Nature rebels against biotech titan
/

Suck Sh*t monsatan! :fu

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:40 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVz5Z9Qf ... r_embedded

The 'Monsanto Rider': Are Biotech Companies About to Gain Immunity from Federal Law?

http://www.alternet.org/food/156195/the ... deral_law/

Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/mon ... gn-to.html

Gates and Monsanto Go After Milk

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:38 am
Profile WWW
GT Truther

I know Let's SHOOT BILL GATES up with roundup and see how he likes it!.

Here is Bill Gates now!

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 pm
Profile YIM

fr33kSh0w2012 wrote:
I know Let's SHOOT BILL GATES up with roundup and see how he likes it!.

Here is Bill Gates now!

:roflmao :slap :crylaugh :yamon

Love it fr33k!!

He is a nasty piece of work!

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

NON GMO Shopping Guide :clap

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/download.html

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 am
Profile WWW

Greatv resource, L, thanks.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

California could have saved us all from Monsatan, instead they listened to the lobyists and the threat of law suits and tax increases which is total bullshit :flame :rant :censor :headbang :roll :crazy

Thanks California :fu

===========================

The FDA Doesn’t Even TEST the Safety of Genetically Engineered Foods

GMO Food Producers “Voluntarily Consult”, But There Is NO Real Safety Testing

Many people assume that the Food and Drug Administration tests genetically engineered foods for safety.

But as USA Today reports:

Q: Does the FDA test these foods before they’re allowed on the market?

A: No. Instead there is a voluntary consultation process. Genetically engineered foods are overseen by the FDA, but there is no approval process. Foods are presumed to be safe unless the FDA has evidence to the contrary, Jaffe says. The FDA “has to show that there may be a problem with the food, as opposed to the company needing to prove it’s safe to FDA’s satisfaction before it can get on the market,” he says.

Given that genetically engineered foods have been linked to obesity, cancer, liver failure, infertility and all sorts of other diseases (brief videos here and here), the burden should be on the Monsanto and the other gmo producers to prove it’s safe.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-fda-do ... ds/5310999

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Let me make this perfectly clear I am NO David Icke fan, in fact I think he's a nut job, however I find myslef at a cross road as I actually do believe some of what he writes below!

It's pretty sad when the most whacky nut jobs in our circles start making sence :roll :crazy

===========================

VOTING AGAINST PROPOSITION 37 ...

… A DEFINITION OF INSANITY

The David Icke Newsletter Goes Out On Sunday

The potential for humanity to expand its consciousness and awareness is as infinite as reality itself, but within the eternal realms of All Possibility also lurks the opportunity to be solid concrete bloody stupid. It can be depressing sometimes to realise how many are up for that challenge.

The quest to be inexplicably, self-abusing, loved-ones abusing stupid was superbly met this week when millions voted against Proposition 37 in California. When anyone asks me from now on how stupid I think the human race can potentially be I will always reply: see Proposition 37.

This was a public referendum in California which gave people the chance to vote for genetically-modified food (GM or GMO) to be compulsorily labelled as such and to stop the Big Food and Big Biotech cartels, including the notorious Monsanto, from promoting genetically-manipulated Frankenstein food as ‘natural’.

Now congratulations to the 4.2 million Californians who can see the obvious, but taking into account that rigging the vote to an extent is par for the course in the United States these days, the fact remains that large numbers of Californians (officially 4.8 million) actually voted against their right to know what is in the food that they and their families consume and even greater numbers - nearly 48 per cent of those eligible to vote - didn’t feel the need to even participate. That is a shocking level of utter stupidity, idiocy and brain-cell deficiency.

Do they not know what genetically-modified food is doing to their health, their children’s health and the health of virtually the entire American population - or that it is re-writing the human genetic code?

Clearly not and ignorance is often fatal as well as stupid.

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
GT Truther

David Icke Needs tablets or maybe a bullet he is a total and utter nutcrack so is David Wilcock and Nancy Lieder and Most others in these weird ass conspiracy nut burgers deserve the Loony bin I agree with you L2L it's total lunacy we hear from these people it's like

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 pm
Profile YIM
GT Truther

L2L wrote:
Let me make this perfectly clear I am NO David Icke fan, in fact I think he's a nut job, however I find myself at a cross road as I actually do believe some of what he writes below!

It's pretty sad when the most wacky nut jobs in our circles start making sense :roll :crazy

Now I know it's getting bad when Nut burgers are now starting to make sense

Sorry about the auto-correct I'll turn it off as it auto-corrects all spelling mistakes even made by other people sorry.. It's not me correcting your grammar it's the software.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:17 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Here's one for the good guys folks :clap :clap :clap :clap

Peru Passes Monumental Ten Year Ban on Genetically Engineered Foods

Peru has officially passed a law banning genetically modified ingredients anywhere within the country for the next ten years

Full Story >>>>

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2012/11/pe ... an-on.html

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

EU rejects French report linking GM maize to cancer

AFP - The EU's food safety agency definitively rejected Wednesday a bombshell French report linking genetically modified corn to cancer, saying it failed to meet "acceptable scientific standards."

"Serious defects in the design and methodology of a paper by Seralini et al. mean it does not meet acceptable scientific standards," the European Food Safety Authority said in a statement.

"Consequently it is not possible to draw valid conclusions about the occurrence of tumours in the rats tested," the agency said.

EFSA, which reviews the use and authorisation of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms), added that it "finds there is no need to re-examine its previous safety evaluations of NK603," the genetically modified maize developed by US agribusiness giant Monsanto.

That same conclusion had been reached in separate and independent assessments of Gilles-Eric Seralini's work carried out in six European Union nations, the agency added.

Seralini's research team at France's University of Caen issued a report in September concluding that rats fed on NK603 corn, or exposed to one of Monsanto's weedkillers used with the corn strain, and containing glyphosate, developed tumours.

The study's conclusions, illustrated by horrific images of cancer-ridden rats, caused worldwide alarm.

NK603 is resistant to the Monsanto herbicide Roundup, enabling farmers to use the weedkiller just once in the crop's life-cycle and make substantial savings.

Seralini and his team said their experiment in GM food was the first to follow rats through their lifespan, as opposed to just 90 days.

But many experts quickly questioned its methodology, results and relevance to humans.

The EU agency said its final assessment took into consideration evaluations carried out in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.

"EFSA noted the emergence of a broad European consensus," it said, stating that the six countries too found Seralini's conclusions "were not supported by the data presented in the study."

It listed weaknesses of the French study as "unclear study objectives, the low number of rates used in each treatment group, a lack of detail on the feed and treatment formulation, key information missing on the statistical methods employed."

In a first response last month, EFSA dubbed Seralini's study "inadequate" and urged him to provide additional information before a second, final review was completed.

But the scientist responded that he would not give EFSA additional information until it first detailed the basis of its own assessment.

"It is absolutely scandalous that (EFSA) keeps secret the information on which they based their evaluation" of NK603 and the pesticide, he said at the time.

"In any event, we will not give them anything. We will put the information in the public domain when they do," Seralini told AFP.

His research group, Criigen, this month issued a list of almost 200 scientists from more than 30 countries who back the study.

http://www.france24.com/en/20121128-eu- ... ize-cancer

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

This should be criminal both on Monsatan & CONgress :headbang :fu

MONSANTO PROTECTION ACT SLIPS SILENTLY THROUGH CONGRESS

The US House of Representatives quietly passed a last-minute addition to the Agricultural Appropriations Bill for 2013 last week - including a provision protecting genetically modified seeds from litigation in the face of health risks.

The rider, which is officially known as the Farmer Assurance Provision, has been derided by opponents of biotech lobbying as the “Monsanto Protection Act,” as it would strip federal courts of the authority to immediately halt the planting and sale of genetically modified (GMO) seed crop regardless of any consumer health concerns.

The provision, also decried as a “biotech rider,” should have gone through the Agricultural or Judiciary Committees for review. Instead, no hearings were held, and the piece was evidently unknown to most Democrats (who hold the majority in the Senate) prior to its approval as part of HR 993, the short-term funding bill that was approved to avoid a federal government shutdown.

Senator John Tester (D-MT) proved to be the lone dissenter to the so-called Monsanto Protection Act, though his proposed amendment to strip the rider from the bill was never put to a vote.

As the US legal system functions today, and largely as a result of prior lawsuits, the USDA is required to complete environmental impact statements (EIS) prior to both the planting and sale of GMO crops. The extent and effectiveness to which the USDA exercises this rule is in itself a source of serious dispute.

The reviews have been the focus of heated debate between food safety advocacy groups and the biotech industry in the past. In December of 2009, for example, Food Democracy Now collected signatures during the EIS commenting period in a bid to prevent the approval of Monsanto’s GMO alfalfa, which many feared would contaminate organic feed used by dairy farmers; it was approved regardless.

Previously discovered pathogens in Monsanto’s Roundup Ready corn and soy are suspected of causing infertility in livestock and to impact the health of plants.

So, just how much of a victory is this for biotech companies like Monsanto? Critics are thus far alarmed by the very way in which the provision made it through Congress -- the rider was introduced anonymously as the larger bill progressed through the Senate Appropriations Committee. Now, groups like the Center for Food Safety are holding Senator Mikulski (D-MD), chairman of that committee, to task and lobbing accusations of a “backroom deal” with the biotech industry.

As the Washington Times points out, the provision’s success is viewed by many as a victory by companies like Syngenta Corp, Cargill, Monsanto and affiliated PACs that have donated $7.5 million to members of Congress since 2009, and $372,000 to members of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

It remains unclear whether the bill’s six-month expiration means that the provision will be short-lived. Regardless, Food Democracy Now has begun a campaign calling on US President Barack Obama to veto the Continuing Resolution spending bill, which seems unlikely as HR 933 includes a sweeping amount of government funding.
http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-congress-silently-slips-830/

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data ... 1364386953

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Sky wrote:
This is the second of the links coming together to break Monsatan!
Is world's most popular weed killer causing Parkinson's? New study shows Roundup herbicide also could be linked to cancer and infertility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

:sherlock

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Over $30M spent last year on lobbying to keep GMOs hidden in foods

(NaturalNews) Guess who spends the most money lobbying on agricultural lobbying? If you answered, "Monsanto," you're correct. Most of their efforts, of course, are focused on lobbying for GMOs -- to keep them legal and keep them hidden in foods.

Do you know how much money Monsanto spent on lobbying in 2012?

The answer is nearly $6 million!

And in a close second, the American Farm Bureau spent $5.7 million on lobbying in 2012.

The Natural News infographic shown below reveals even more details about who's spending the most money lobbying for GMOs and other conventional agriculture "favors" from Washington.

In 2012 alone, companies spent over $30 million "influencing" Congress on agricultural issues, including making sure they didn't pass legislation that would label GMOs or outlaw them altogether. Is it any wonder that the United States of America is one of the very last nations in the world to either ban GMOs outright or require their labeling on foods?

As the second infographic below shows, 64 countries require GMO labeling.

And so far, fifty percent of U.S. states have introduced GMO labeling bills of one kind or another. So the states want it, but the federal government keeps blocking it.

Why is the USA the big holdout on honest food labeling? Could it be because the biotech industry keeps paying off all the politicians?

Share and enjoy these powerful infographics, all created by the Natural News art department:

See more amazing infographics at:
http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Infographics.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EPA Ups Allowable Residue of Monsanto's Toxic Herbicide on Food

“Glyphosate has been shown in several recent studies to be an endocrine disruptor,” writes the Cornucopia Institute, in a statement about the news. “According to the National Institutes of Health, endocrine disruptors could have long-term effects on public health, especially reproductive health. And the ‘dose makes the poison’ rule does not apply to endocrine disruptors, which wreak havoc on our bodies at low doses.”
They continue:

June 2013 study concluded that glyphosate “exerted proliferative effects in human hormone-dependent breast cancer.” An April 2013 study by an MIT scientist concluded that “glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins,” and pointed out that glyphosate’s “negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body.”

The new regulations permit concentrations higher than the levels some scientists belive are carcinogenic, the Food Poisoning Bulletin adds.
Under the new regulation, fruits can have concentrations from 200 ppb to 500 ppb glyphosate, oilseed crops can contain up to 40 ppm (40,000 ppb) glyphosate, and root crops such as potatoes and beets can contain 6000 ppb glyphosate. Animal feed can contain up to 100 ppm (100,000 ppb) glyphosate.

http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/ ... ood/46249/

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/06/28-9

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FDA approves spraying meat with viruses

[imghttp://www.davidicke.com/images/stories/June201399/998186_551527721571044_804479225_n.jpg][/img]

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1YrbVQJRumg[/YouTube]

They are trying to cull the peasants & money is no object to them as they pretty much have all the wealth of this planet Stu :x

(NaturalNews) Guess who spends the most money lobbying on agricultural lobbying? If you answered, "Monsanto," you're correct. Most of their efforts, of course, are focused on lobbying for GMOs -- to keep them legal and keep them hidden in foods.

And in a close second, the American Farm Bureau spent $5.7 million on lobbying in 2012.

The Natural News infographic shown below reveals even more details about who's spending the most money lobbying for GMOs and other conventional agriculture "favors" from Washington.

In 2012 alone, companies spent over $30 million "influencing" Congress on agricultural issues, including making sure they didn't pass legislation that would label GMOs or outlaw them altogether. Is it any wonder that the United States of America is one of the very last nations in the world to either ban GMOs outright or require their labeling on foods?

And so far, fifty percent of U.S. states have introduced GMO labeling bills of one kind or another. So the states want it, but the federal government keeps blocking it.

Why is the USA the big holdout on honest food labeling? Could it be because the biotech industry keeps paying off all the politicians?

Share and enjoy these powerful infographics, all created by the Natural News art department:

“Glyphosate has been shown in several recent studies to be an endocrine disruptor,” writes the Cornucopia Institute, in a statement about the news. “According to the National Institutes of Health, endocrine disruptors could have long-term effects on public health, especially reproductive health. And the ‘dose makes the poison’ rule does not apply to endocrine disruptors, which wreak havoc on our bodies at low doses.”
They continue:

June 2013 study concluded that glyphosate “exerted proliferative effects in human hormone-dependent breast cancer.” An April 2013 study by an MIT scientist concluded that “glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins,” and pointed out that glyphosate’s “negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body.”

The new regulations permit concentrations higher than the levels some scientists belive are carcinogenic, the Food Poisoning Bulletin adds.
Under the new regulation, fruits can have concentrations from 200 ppb to 500 ppb glyphosate, oilseed crops can contain up to 40 ppm (40,000 ppb) glyphosate, and root crops such as potatoes and beets can contain 6000 ppb glyphosate. Animal feed can contain up to 100 ppm (100,000 ppb) glyphosate.

[YouTube]

They are trying to cull the peasants & money is no object to them as they pretty much have all the wealth of this planet Stu :x

They continue:

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1YrbVQJRumg[/YouTube]

[The situation with Monsanto and GMOs in Argentina is very disturbing. Apparently the use of the herbicide RoundUp is so overdone people are seeing the consequences on their health in huge numbers. For all we know Argentina could be a test tube to find out how far they can push the use and overuse of their deadly chemicals and get away with it.

Dr. Mercola has also written a powerful article about this catastrophe here. More on the disastrous effects of glyphosate can be found here.

Keep abreast if this issue, besides all the other attacks on our health, food contamination is fundamental and should be avoided at all costs whenever possible. - Zen]

Flying over the North of Argentina you see the organic matter of soils and trees going up in pillars of smoke. No caution, no controls and with the government desperate for taxable exports, farmers are being driven by sheer economic pressure to use GM technology. This is industrialization of food production on a devastating scale. If this is the application of “sound science”, God help us.

Mark Measures has been an agriculture advisor for over 30 years. Since the mid-1980s he has worked with Las Dos Hermanas is a 4,000 hectare organically farmed estancia in the western Pampas of Argentina (http://www.lasdoshermanas.com.ar ).

He visits Argentina regularly and following his latest visit he sent this report on the massive impact GM soya production is having there.

Farming to a flawed blueprint

The widespread adoption of genetically modified (GM) Roundup Ready Soya and more recently GM Maize during the last 10 – 15 years has fueled an unprecedented agricultural revolution in Argentina. Now 98% of soya in the country is GM and in parts of the Pampa 90% of the crop is soya i.e. no crop rotation.

The reasons why this has happened are quite straightforward, certainly in our part of the Pampa. GM soya allows direct drilling, which minimizes soil moisture loss and consequently increases yields over the non-GM soya.

Be under no illusions, GM soya is easy and it is profitable, in fact it so easy that it does not need a farm manager on site and consequently there are businesses running 100,000 hectares, spread over many sites and farmed to a blueprint. The resulting social upheaval is immense.

Herbicide use is not just a matter of a pre-drilling application of Roundup (Glyphosate) herbicide, as is practiced in the UK. It is also applied to the growing crop, normally once by tractor at the establishment stage and again by air during the later growth stage.

Due to the lack of rotation and repeated use of Roundup the inevitable has happened; there are now 5 weed species that are known to be resistant to Roundup and there are as yet unconfirmed reports of a further 5 resistant species.

The consequence of course is that farmers are increasing the application rates of glyphosate to get the weed kill, these are reported to be up to 20 times standard application rates and other, often more toxic herbicides are having to be used in addition to Glyphosate, including the infamous Agent Orange chemical, 24D.

The chemical treadmill to destruction

Farmers are keeping one step ahead of the game at the moment, but the visible weed incidence in fields observed during the 7 hour bus trip across Buenos Aires province suggests only just. The use of some brushwood killers presumably explains why there are dead trees and shrubs along field boundaries.

There is now multiple herbicide resistance in some weeds and it’s not yet clear whether the seed companies will be able to respond by continually developing new herbicide resistant characteristics in their seed.

What is clear is that the need for higher application rates and use of additional herbicides there is now higher use of herbicides than ever before. Claims that GM soya reduces herbicide use may be true for the first year or so but in the long term it is nonsense.

Adverse environmental impacts are beginning to emerge. There are widespread reports of ground water contamination and effects on wildlife throughout the food chain.

Research from Buenos Aries University by Andres Carrasco, Professor of Embryology, has reported major neurological effects of glyphosate on amphibians at below standard application rates, and further problems associated with the additives which are thought to penetrate the amphibian cells more easily than the main ingredient.

With some notable exceptions, few people connected with Argentinean agriculture voice concerns about possible health effects on humans, but in a country that has only just prohibited aerial crop spraying adjacent to towns perhaps this is not surprising.

Contamination of organic crops, destruction and corporate control

Our estancia is farmed along traditional Argentine lines with a crop rotation including soya, wheat, maize, sunflowers and Lucerne and is grazed by 4,000 Hereford cattle. It is an important wildlife site, now a Vida Silvestre reserve, with a unique 300 hectare area of indigenous pampas grassland and a 250 hectare lagoon.

Genetic contamination of organic and non-GM crops is now happening on two fronts.

Firstly, as we know to our cost, there is contamination of adjacent crops. Soya is self-pollinating but crop contamination does happen and we have to test routinely and at times reject crops from the organic market. The risk is of course much greater with GM maize. All farmed crops, organic and non-organic are also liable to contamination in store and transport.

There are also real risks for us of genetic contamination of our native species in the wildlife reserve. Needless to say we have to bear the costs of all this, not the GM farmers or the seed suppliers.

The second contamination front and one of the most pervasive consequences of the total domination of GM soya is that there is now no development or multiplication of non-GM varieties.

At Las Dos Hermanas we have been saving our own single variety of seed and supplying to a few other organic farmers for 15 years now. The conventional farmers are totally dependent on the two or three seed companies (who of course also supply the herbicides) and the organic and any surviving non-GM farmers are being forced to use outclassed and underdeveloped varieties.

Of ultimate importance is the fact that GM technology has facilitated growing soya in the virgin pastures, scrub land and forest in the north of the country, 277,000 ha were cleared in 2010, often land totally unsuited to cropping but with the potential to grow a few crops before soil structure collapses and the depleted land is returned to grass – by which time the damage is done, not just to biodiversity but through destruction of one of our most important carbon sinks.

A pall of poison and folly

Flying over the North of Argentina you see the organic matter of soils and trees going up in pillars of smoke. The consequences for climate change are dire and inevitable unless there is a major and speedy reversal of this production policy.

It could be argued that the problems experienced with GM Soya are due entirely to misuse of the technology; that with proper rotations, with precise application and use of the herbicides and avoidance of spraying near people and watercourses that all would be well.

But the fact is that the human and environmental safety of this technology is unproven and it is always accompanied by environmentally damaging cropping, corporate control and inadequate regulation.

Argentina is the classic example – no caution, no controls and with the government desperate for taxable exports, farmers are being driven by sheer economic pressure to use the technology to the detriment of all.

Farmers are losing their independence, consumers are losing control of their source of food and we are all losing a globally important biodiversity and carbon sink.

This is industrialization of food production on a devastating scale. If this is the application of “sound science”, God help us.

http://www.zengardner.com/cry-for-argen ... -gmo-soya/

Unapproved Monsanto GMO Wheat Caught Tainting an Oregon

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHbx_EuBFsg&feature=player_embedded[/YouTube]

Unapproved Monsanto GMO Wheat Caught Tainting an Oregon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Fsg#at=537

USDA Was Storing Monsanto’s Unapproved GM Wheat in Seed Vault

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/usd ... roved.html

European Patent Office grants Monsanto patent on natural broccoli seeds, florets

http://www.naturalnews.com/041014_Monsa ... _GMOs.html

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 pm
Profile WWW