It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 am

The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail! 
GT Truther

Post The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail!
Hat Tip to sirbadazz at ATS for this

I am a former wilderness patrol ranger. i was responsible for solo backpack patrol and rescue in wilderness areas for years. i am a hunter who makes jerky, etc. i have a multi acre garden. i have survived in remote wilderness situations on several continents in extreme conditions. i have a full stock of arms and skills to use them. i have medical and all other survival skills, and own my own remote, productive acreage. i am of native American heritage and have all the cultural warrior hunting/training. i am an expert fisherman, ocean and river/lake, and i am not talking rod-n-reel fishing. i would last approximately 1-3 years...max, on my own with all the above, fully prepped, in a societal meltdown. you wont last as long as me.

i watch the survivor and prepper series on TV, and i lol my ass off, every time. what poser, fake fools these so called bug-eating experts are. you can scale any cliff you want, spend all your carbs making ridiculous shelters. those activities are wastes, risks and the activity of fools. no one. i mean, no one except rare sadhu-types are going to survive in the lushest natural setting in America off of game traps and cattails for very long. no one. you would die of carb-loss within a year. name your carbs son. meat? nope. veggies? nope. i promise. if you try to live off the land you will die the first winter. *grins*

if you take your silly bug out bag, and start driving the 300 miles of roads from the city to our area to make your lean-to to trap squirrels and run around with guns, the people here will kill you long before you get to my rural locale. the rural places belong to us. no armed tramps will be waltzing in to make pine needle tea. we don't like guns in criminal hands, so we will shoot you. we will be a community. if you don't have a tank, don't head here. if you do, make sure there is an army behind that tank. don't come here with a gun and a pocketknife and 3 days worth of freeze dried food. really.

now let me explain reality. i would die in 1-3 years, surrounded by elk, salmon, gardens... because men don't survive by themselves. gardens get pests. salmon runs are community owned. gardens that don't produce carbs must trade with gardens that do. those farmers will trade with cattle and goat and sheep ranchers. this is how society is formed. not for survival of the fittest, but for mutual benefit. as for wild meat...we know where the deer bed, where the elk winter, when the salmon run. in 1-2 years there will be no deer to share with you. we know how to hunt OUR deer. they are not sustainable as a food source and don't provide sufficient carbs for survival anyway.

try to understand, in wild Native America, the worst sentence the clans could put upon a crime was banishment. thats right. the finest warrior, the best hunter, when banished from the tribe, was destined to die. AND I AM TALKING ABOUT INDIANS HERE! women gather the acorns. elders weave the cloths. MEN DO NOT SURVIVE ALONE. trust me, I've put it to a field test.

can a Sadhu live for 3 years in Montana? sure, i have lived entirely off the land there once for 3 months as a test. at the end i was actually planning to raid a ranger cabin to get butter and cooking oil. you get crazy quick. is there permaculture farming? sure, some collectives with a lot of people have made almost-permaculture farming work...rarely. but some stupid city fool with a bug out bag and guns planning to roll where a rural community already lives, and where a rural community will continue to survive, by working together as a community, will not be welcomed. sorry to inform you city folks, there is no 'real' wilderness in the lower 48. parts of Siberia might better qualify.

heres a suggestion. instead of a frigging bug out bag, WHY ARE YOU CITIZENS OF THIS DEMOCRACY NOT STANDING UP FOR THE SURVIVAL COMMUNITY YOU HAVE ALREADY FORMED - THE UNITED STATES. save this country and our humanity for the next generation and stop planning how you will roll out and kill Bambi and rednecks because you didn't have the heart or courage to stand against out-of-control globalist insanity that caused the fall. community is the only sane path for survival in hard times. and losers with guns and city-smarts don't have anything to add to our community. so they should start adding to their own and save this dying rock. preppers are fools in that regard.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:13 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail!
:clap :clap :clap

Thanks, freak! I 100% agree with this post. You will not survive PERIOD.

You can build the finest survival dome/shelter whatever and you will not survive on your own.

It took me a while to come to this conclusion after I began prepping many years ago for avian influenza. You simply can't survive for long on your own.

If you have medical issues - your survival time will be even less. How will you survive if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, etc?

Quote:
heres a suggestion. instead of a frigging bug out bag, WHY ARE YOU CITIZENS OF THIS DEMOCRACY NOT STANDING UP FOR THE SURVIVAL COMMUNITY YOU HAVE ALREADY FORMED - THE UNITED STATES. save this country and our humanity for the next generation and stop planning how you will roll out and kill Bambi and rednecks because you didn't have the heart or courage to stand against out-of-control globalist insanity that caused the fall. community is the only sane path for survival in hard times. and losers with guns and city-smarts don't have anything to add to our community. so they should start adding to their own and save this dying rock. preppers are fools in that regard.

Re-read the above and take it to heart for here lies Truth.

Jest my two cents...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:12 am

Totally agree, Blue. A lot of the planning for a worst case scenario which is brainstormed all over the internet (and which I know you have in place) is creating a community which will work together in a disaster - short or long term - to survive. There are many discussions about who you should have in your community, that you need to be able to trust the members, that you need to have people with different skills and abilities. In fact, one of the most important parts of prepping is to be sure you have at least one skill that is important to a survival community, something to earn you a place and which you can barter for other goods and/or services,.

For example, I was a teacher. When schools close for whatever reason, children will still need to learn. I am stocking up on books and supplies, little by little, which my grandchildren can also use so they won't go to waste. I also can knit and crochet and I have a really big bag of yarn saved up. My DS's can hunt, fish, one is a carpenter, one an excellent gardener, one an electrician (though I'm not sure just how much help that will be but he can do other things as well. So we have the beginnings of a survival community, but we would want to expand that if/when the time comes.

A long-winded way to say "Yes, you need community to survive."

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 am
Profile YIM

I also do not disagree with the author. There is one clear and unequivocal fact though - should the big shakedown happen.

If you are not in a Eco-village type community - you are going to die from exposure and hunger.

Those that are to survive will only do so because they have the skill - knowledge and determination to make it.

Our forefathers that pioneered the lands we live in did it.

Divided we will fall - but united the tribe can succeed and survive.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm
Profile WWW